Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Dream: Online

+6
Kurio
Zerifachias
Masquerade
Cerani
Xenosaga
Durn
10 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Eternal Dream: Online - Page 3 Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Online

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:29 pm

-Oh, in my excitement, I almost forgot. I'm Ca - I mean, Allindur. What a coincidence, uh?

I assumed intermediate position, between an upright and a semicrouch, and dashed forward and took a turn on a excessively tall branch, and streched my whole body forward, spinning my sword in a high arc, helped by the left hand, finishing in a long-range thrust. A Fundo. That would be a Lunge, I believe. Well, that matters not, I retreat to my guard quickly, keeping my side facing the oponent, my body upright and the sword arm low, the left arm in a semi-suport to the main hand.

Allindur moves to F3.

Allindur attacks Necrobat(1)! 5 Dmg (Atk)!

Allindur's Coalescent Shadows is looking for shadows...
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Silver
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 25/25
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Move: 2 Cells

I don't know when I let go of Masq exactly, but it was most definitely before he summoned the glowing needles. Which freaked me out more, the needles or the corpses, I was unsure, but I knew that if he had a weapon then I had to have one as well. My gaze was frantic once again, though once again I quickly found I had nothing on my person. Other than my physical appearance, I could see nothing abnormal about me in the slightest. "Where the hell is my weapon?" I muttered, a tense desperation coming over me.

What had I picked as my profession? I couldn't remember, and I was getting frustrated. And not just frustrated, but angry. It wasn't just me, either; I could feel it coming from the multiple creatures. My jaw tightened until it hurt and the veins in my arms were unusually pronounced. I still had no idea where my weapon was and I was most likely going to be KOed. On the first level. Even with two other people with me. "Ugh!" I huffed, balling up my fists and stamping my foot.

The anger was getting even worse.

While I didn't like the feeling, I had to admit that there was something to it. I felt... empowered. The anger I felt swelling to the point that it was starting to take me over was... strangely satisfying. I could not help the minor tug of my lips upwards. I had no idea why but I felt amazing.

Silver is overtaken with Fury! +2 Basic Attacks for Three Turns!

Silver's S-Ability, Extrasensory, activates! Silver enters Furious State!

Silver *Fury (3)* *Furious State (3)*
Mp: 17/25
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Judging by the other two and their "weapons," it didn't look like they were that much better off. Perhaps if I could draw the attention of that mutant bug, it would buy them time to come up with some sort of strategy. Was I really going to put myself in harm's way for the off-chance two strangers are going to back me up?

Vergil moves to H-6

I guess I just answered my own question. "Hey mantis!" I yelled at the overgrown insect. "You wanna know what's higher up on the food chain than you? EVERY OTHER ANIMAL." Well now I guess I better start running like hell, still there are those three spirits I have to worry about and I am honestly out of ideas. I check my pockets to see if I have anything else on me that can be of any use when I pull out an old dreamcatcher from my coat pocket. Why did I have this? It's in absolutely terrible shape, the weaving is flimsy, and it's missing several feathers. I stare at it for a few seconds before I hear a voice.

"Mortal. Listen to me."
It's talking to me. This poorly assembled Native American artifact is talking to me.
"You wish to dispel the nightmares, and I can assist you. Hold the web over your shadow and offer me your blood."
Sounds legit. I mean, it's not like there's anything else I can do at this point in time so here goes nothing. I held the dreamcatcher above my shadow and a sudden rush of excruciating pain tore into my body and I began to shout in agony as I collapsed onto my knees. It was as if the very life of me were being ripped out, leaving just enough to keep me breathing. Trying to pull myself together, I gradually get back to my feet. My shadow begins to emit a strange mist and an animal-like skull emerges from the ground. The skull begins to ascend into the air with the trailing mist, as the blackness begins to form an ethereal body with two arms, the skull sprouts two deer antlers, and two bright red eyes appear in their respective hollow sockets. The being hovers in the air and draws out a blade of skeletal material marked with seemingly runic characters.

"I... live..."

Vergil uses Simulacrum Pact onto H-7
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:55 pm

Masquerade uses Radiant Mark on Hanging Man (3)! 7 Light Dmg! [Target afflicted with Thoughtful]

MP: 22/30

Silver had finally let me go, but something was definitely off about him. He seemed almost angry--at what I could not tell. It was just a game; he needed to relax. I was starting to feel in the zone now that I was getting comfortable harnessing the power of my magic-infused needles. I was a mage; somewhat fitting, somewhat not. Magic nukes were always OP in other MMOs, so what the hell? Might as well make the most of it. Targeting the nearest hanging corpse thing, not through the game, but just...as if I were doing it in real life, I created a flash of light around the thing's eyes which did....something. Hopefully damage. At that thought, I felt myself surge with energy. Hopefully. Another surge of energy. What was this all about? I found myself start to see images again, ones that brought forced smiles to my face. I felt extremely optimistic about this first battle, and that seemed to bolster my strength, at least in terms of willpower. I wasn't about to back down now. Sure, I had no idea what skill I just used or what it did, but it was certainly better than nothing.

"Fuck this shit," I muttered to myself as I lowered my needles which were still practically little flashlights lighting up this dismal place. Something told me that I wouldn't be escaping this mess without succumbing to a headache. It was also at this time that I realized how important player stat menus were and such in other MMOs because this was wild. Maybe the helmet was scanning our brain for our actions? If that was the case, there'd be no need for a keyboard which was bitchin' to even think about. No wonder the damn thing cost so much. It was state of the fucking art. My reverie over this game didn't end, and I found myself holding my ground.

Masq waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:06 am

With the fan in my right hand I was at a loss of what to do. The game was very odd, giving me this raven whom I feel like has been with me for several years, and now I'm hearing an echoing voice in my head. "Do not attack so soon, a tactician must wait until the opportune moment to act. Their demise will be imminent, however we will have to bear with the fact that we cannot carelessly make a move."

Sure I may be going insane, or maybe it's that raven talking to me. Oh wait, that means I'm already insane, to imagine the raven, an animal, would be able to communicate through some sort of telepathy.

"Yes I am speaking to you. You're not going crazy."

Okay, now I definitely know something's wrong with me when I'm starting to have conversations with myself. Maybe I should get myself checked into a mental hospital once I log off this game, if I can log off anyway. So far I didn't see any form of visible UI, no menu, no hotbar for skills, nothing. But for now, it seemed that this voice in my head, whether it was a figment of my imagination or actually the raven speaking to me (my money's on the former), knew what it was saying. So if what this voice was telling me is going to get me through this battle alive, then by all means I'm going to listen to it. "You better know what you're doing." I muttered slightly out loud.

Kuori waits
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 am

Zone 01: The Backwards Wood
Part B - The Three in the Nest

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Hanging Tree - Aerial Roots

Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: N/A

Background: It's Not All Fun and Games

{ } { } { } { } { } { } {D} { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } {D} { } { } { } {2} { } {D} { } C
{ } { } { } {4} { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } {1} { } { } {D} {3} { } { } E
{ } { } {A} { } { } { } { } {D} { } F
{ } { } {D} { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{D} { } { } { } { } {S} {M} { } {D} H
{ } { } { } { } {D} { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Necrobat (1) takes 4 damage! [Allindur]

Allindur gains 1 Shadow Orb!

Weakening Aura afflicts Allindur with Weakness! [Necrobat (1)]

Silver gains Fury! [Silver]

Silver enters Furious State! [Silver]

Hanging Man (3) takes 6 damage! [Masquerade]

Hanging Man (3) is [10%] Thoughtful!

Neutral Phase 1!

N/A

Enemy Phase 1!

Necrobat (1) uses Necrotic Bite on Allindur! -9CE!

Allindur takes 4 damage!

Allindur is afflicted with Slow!

Necrobat (2) moves to F7!

Necrobat (2) casts Screech! -10CE!

Masquerade's defenses lower!

Silver's defenses lower!

Weakening Aura afflicts Masquerade with Weakness!

Weakening Aura afflicts Silver with Weakness!

Hanging Man (3) moves to G7!

Hanging Man (3) uses Drop on Masquerade! -12 CE!

Masquerade takes 3 damage!

Hanging Man (4) moves to G5!

Hanging Man (4) uses Drop on Silver! -12 CE!

Silver takes 3 damage!

Calculation Phase 1!

Lol

{ } {D} { } { } { } { } { } {D} { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } {1} { } { } {D} { } { } { } E
{ } { } {A} { } { } { } {2} {D} { } F
{ } { } {D} { } {4} { } {3} { } { } G

Silver (Empath) [Fury - 3] [Furious State - 3] [Weakness - 3] [Screech - 3]
HP: 10 / 13
MP: 17 / 25
ATK: 1
DEF: 2 --- 1
INT: 6
SPR: 4 --- 3
MOVE: 2

Masquerade (Seer of Hope) [Weakness - 3] [Screech - 3]
HP: 10 / 13
MP: 22 / 30
ATK: 0

Allindur (Shadow Walker) [Weakness - 3] [Slow - 3]
HP: 13 / 17
MP: 25 / 25
SO: 1 / 10
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 4
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Necrobat (1) [Float]
HP: 11 / 15
MP: 16 / 25
DEF: 1
INT: 3
MOVE: 4

Necrobat (2) [Float]
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 15 / 25

Hanging Man (3) [Float] [10% Thoughtful]
HP: 14 / 20
MP: 8 / 20
ATK: 3
INT: 2
SPR: 1

Hanging Man (4) [Float]
HP: 20 / 20

Dangling Branch (Scenery)
HP: 5 / 5
DEF: 2

Player Phase 2!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:53 am

All of a sudden, I was feeling heavy and letargic. Did that bat carry some kind of infectious disease on it? Only time would tell, but for now I had to cool my head, I had just charged into battle with no further planning or logic whatsoever. Let me see...I was cut out, left to deal with that bat alone and...wow! A ball of darkness just came out of the ground! No, not a ball of darkness, that just sounded wrong. A Shadow Orb, something in my gut told me. The thing seemed almost solid, crystalline, and something inside of me looked like it was growing, vibrating. Actually, ressonating with the orb.

"Into the fray. The orbs come from the pain of you and the others. Go to where it is more present."

This voice inside my head...it sounded like...Antarus? But, it's been years he doesn't have a voice of his own, none of them actually. Also, how does he expect me to go there now? I barely can move letargic as I am.

-The path behind the paths. Just sink, dive.

Ok, that was cryptic alright. I looked down, all I could see was...my own shadow. Well, I did have a Shadow Orb floating around me, and this was Antarus talking to me, so it made some sense, why not try? I took a deep breath and forced myself downward, like I wanted to sink in a pool.

I did sink. As the ground came up and up, it felt like entering a body of water. Soon, I was in the dark. It felt like a version of the own above world, the place I had just left, but dark. So dark I couldn't see an inch beyong my nose, what lifted the question of how I knew what the world looked like here. I looked around and saw a small area a little over the ground that seemed...less dark? It would be idiotic to call that "lighter". It was still pitch black, but somehow, less. It was kind of like a glass window, but an amorphous volume instead of just a panel. Not thinking too much, I decided to go to it, and just like that I was there, almost instantly, and as I entered the "three-dimentional window" I saw myself rising out of another shadow.

-Don't forget to attack.

Startled, I looked up, to see one of the Hanging Men. Out of surprise I swung my sword upward, and tried to get my balance back once I landed. I felt dizzy and a little nauseated. Ok, more than a little.

Allindur uses Shadow Jump on Hanging Man(4)! 6 Dmg (Atk)!

MP: 19/25

The Shadow Orb ressonates with Allindur.

Coalescent Shadows hungers for more pain.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:40 am

Of course I know what I'm doing, fool. I thought to myself, glancing at Kuori out of my peripheral vision. It's quite simple really, if I can't write on paper, then I'm obviously going to write on air. Just to prove it to myself, I reached out in the air with my right hand and pen, stopping at a certain point before beginning to write. As I expected, the ink slowly escaped from the pen and into the air, forming letters forming words before my very eyes. This was cool.

Quickly Defeat The Enemy! I wrote, and as soon as I finished, I felt a slight high come over me. This was like the opposite of a writer's block, instead I felt a plethora of ideas come rushing into my head two, three, or even four at a time. I couldn't help but itch my writing wrist. This was more than I expected. Much more.

Zeri casts Spur of the Moment! Bestows Haste. -8 MP.

MP: 12/20
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 am

Silver *Fury (3)* *Furious State (3)* *Screech (3)* *Weak (3)*
Hp: 10/13
Def: 2 --- 1
Spr: 4 --- 3

My anger slipped for all of a few seconds when I was suddenly lifted from the ground by one of the corpses. I struggled reflexively, but it did little to help me; in fact, it hurt me more as it only made my landing a moment later worse. That combined with the strange bat's screeching made me feel terrible. The pain was intense, and a little more realistic than I would have liked for it to be. But I didn't say anything about it, for just as I wanted to complain the anger returned. It burned stronger now, and I knew there was no stopping what came next.

There was no connect between what to do and how to do it, but it somehow happened. All of a sudden there was just a sort of focus on one of the hanging men which caused it to shudder. I kept it up, but I didn't know if I was doing anything or not. The sounds it made, however, gave me the sense that I was doing something. Finally it just stopped, and I frowned. "I really I hope that did something."

Silver attacks Hanging Man [4]! 3 Hits! 6 Int Damage per Hit! 20% Chance of Berserk per hit!

Silver *Fury (2)* *Furious State (2)* *Screech (2)* *Weak (2)*
Hp: 10/13
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:15 pm

S-Ability Bountiful Optimism activates! [+1 MP Recovered]

MP: 23/30

Masquerade uses Radiant Mark on Hanging Man (3)! [Thoughtful stack +1]

MP: 15/30

Somehow, the hanging corpses advanced upon us. I was still reeling over the fact that I had a decently awesome skill (I guessed; still wasn't aware of what it did) and the graphics of this game. In my reverie, I was grasped by one of them and found myself airborne, wriggling about until I realized it was futile. Just as I expected, the corpse wreaked something fierce and my stomach started churning. Why did this all feel so real? Yeah, it was virtual reality, but this grasp it held on me actually hurt a bit. What was funny was that I thought I knew what pain was, but it grew so much worse as the thing descended, slamming me relentlessly into the ground. I let out an audible groan--a very audible one that made me curse myself for letting it slip, but I hadn't been expecting it at all. The pain was so real, I even ached as I slowly rose, shakily standing my ground. This wasn't simulated pain. Was their even such a thing? I felt...I didn't even know how I felt. Where was my real body? Why couldn't I log out? There wasn't even an escape option, but...there had to be. What the fuck is this shit?! I thought angrily, taking my needles and readying them.

"Just stating the obvious, but there's something seriously wrong with this 'game'," I put simply, my face contorted with pain, though it was clear that I was grimacing. A flash of light surged in front of the corpse's head again--the same corpse that I had assaulted last time. I had to whittle away at it just like in any other MMO. But this isn't like any other MMO, I reminded myself of my most recent epiphany. Shit, I had such a shoddy memory. The hope I felt seemed to fuel what energy I was spending on these skills...which I still didn't know what they did besides damage. I'm pretty sure the last one did damage. The lack of enemy HP bars was extremely off-putting.

Masquerade waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Part C - The Three at the Pond

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pond of Selfish Desires - The Reflective Pool

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } {1} { } {2} { } {3} { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } {4} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } {V} {S} { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {Z} {K} { } I

Zeri gains haste! [Zeri]

Simulacrum appears in H7! [Vergil]

Vergil takes 10 damage! [Vergil]

Neutral Phase 1!

N/A

Enemy Phase 1!

Lost Soul (1) moves to D3!

Lost Soul (2) moves to D5!

Lost Soul (3) moves to D7!

Dream Mantis (4) moves to G6!

Dream Mantis (4) casts Black Mark on Vergil! -10CE!

Vergil takes 1 damage!

Vergil is now weak to the dark element!

Calculation Phase 1!

Lol nothing

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } {1} { } {2} { } {3} { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } {4} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } {V} {S} { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {Z} {K} { } I

Zeri (Novelist) [Haste - 3]
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 12 / 20
Spr: 3
Move: 2

Kuori (Self-Proclaimed Tactician)
MP: 30 / 30
INT: 5
SPR: 3

Vergil (Thaumanaut) [Dark Weakness - 3]
HP: 9 / 20
ATK: 4
SPR: 4

Simulacrum (Summon) [Magic Immune]
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 0 / 0
DEF: 0
SPR: 0

Lost Soul (1) [Intangible]
MP: 35 / 35

Lost Soul (2) [Intangible]

Lost Soul (3) [Intangible]

Dream Mantis (4) [Shell - 2]
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 10 / 20

{ } = Pond Cell
- Passable
- +10% Water Element

Player Phase 2!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 pm

{ } { } {1} { } { } {D} { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } {2} {D} { } F
{ } { } {D} { } { } { } {3} { } { } G

Allindur jumps to F5! [Allindur]

Hanging Man (4) takes 5 damage! [Allindur]

Hanging Man (4) takes 15 damage! [Silver]

Hanging Man (4) PERFECT KILL!!

Masquerade restores 1 MP! [Masquerade]

Hanging Man (3) takes 6 damage! [Masquerade]

Hanging Man (3) gains 10% Thoughtful! [Masquerade]

Neutral Phase 2!

N/A

Enemy Phase 2!

Necrobat (1) moves to E5!

Necrobat (1) uses Necrotic Bite on Allindur! -9CE!

Allindur takes 4 damage!

Necrobat (2) moves to G6!

Necrobat (2) uses Necrotic Bite on Silver! -9CE!

Silver takes 6 damage!

Hanging Man (3) attacks Masquerade!

Masquerade takes 2 damage!

Calculation Phase 2!

Lol

{ } { } { } { } {1} {D} { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } {D} { } F
{ } { } {D} { } { } {2} {3} { } { } G

Silver (Empath) [Fury - 2] [Furious State - 2] [Weakness - 2] [Screech - 2]
HP: 4 / 13

Masquerade (Seer of Hope) [Weakness - 2] [Screech - 2]
HP: 8 / 13
MP: 15 / 30

Allindur (Shadow Walker) [Weakness - 2] [Slow - 2]
HP: 9 / 17
MP: 19 / 25
SO: 1 / 10

Necrobat (1) [Float]
MP: 7 / 25

Necrobat (2) [Float]
MP: 6 / 25

Hanging Man (3) [Float] [20% Thoughtful]
HP: 8 / 20

Hanging Man (4) [PERFECT KILL]
HP: 0 / 20

Player Phase 3!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 am

Elemental, non-elemental, explosions, lightning, force of water...there are plenty of ways to attack the enemy. I think to myself, looking at the spirits that were just hanging around. I suppose I could just pick a method and specialize, but that would get stale pretty quickly. Especially since it's me, my ideas cannot be contained into one single method. That goes for just about everything, there isn't a soul alive that can predict my behavior.

I raised my hand in the air, the ink ready to flow from my pen. An easy, jagged line downward on top of the enemy's head is what I think of, and a bolt of lightning suddenly shoots down from the sky and hits one of the spirits, just as I had imagined it. I was no expert drawer, but lightning was easy to call. But then, I remembered that lightning doesn't come down, it goes up. So now I start again from where the previous strike stopped and circle the area. Lightning again flashes, but this time it explodes outward, zapping the source with a shocking amount of energy.

Zeri attacks [1]! 6 Int DMG!

Zeri attacks [1] again!

S-Ability: I Have An Idea activates! Increases damage potency by 20%! 7 Int DMG!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Xeno, Cerani, and I continued to run. We tripped and tumbled over fallen, white logs and crawled over those strange lavender leaves that I just couldn't seem to wrap my befuddled mind around; everything was moving far too quickly. Exhausted and pained by the battle, and by the running, and by my wounds, I couldn't bear to take a quick look behind me to see whether or not we were still being pursued.

But I was almost certain we were.

We stumbled our way to a cliffside, which overlooked the rest of the forest, from which I could see a large, almost ungodly-sized tree dangling from the dark void that loomed over us. Beneath the hanging tree, more lavender-white trees specked the land in a sporadic, yet nonetheless consuming fashion.

I redirected my gaze from the large tree hanging from the colorless sky and turned around, gazing upon a large horde of plants that had trailed us to the cliffside. We could always jump off, but the fall damage seemed far too daunting for my tastes, and I'm certain Xeno and Cerani felt the same.

"Help me, please!" A young, yet masculine voice called out from amidst the brambled plants, "Please just help me! Please!" I could see a hand, yeah, I think that's what it was. I couldn't believe my eyes, but there was a young man buried beneath a pile of lavender leaves, encompassed by those sickening plants' tentacles. Could he have been a player? He must've been.

But those screams that he shouted sounded far too realistic for my liking. This pain was real pain, and he was about to die.

Part D - Learning True Pain

Location: The Backwards Wood - The Pale Garden - Beauty's Edge

Achievement: Save the injured player!

Music: Desperate Struggle

{T} {T} {T} {T} {-} {T} {T} {T} {T} A
{T} {T} {T} {-} { } {-} {T} {T} {T} B
{T} {T} {-} { } { } { } {-} {T} {T} C
{T} {-} { } { } { } { } { } {-} {T} D
{-} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {-} E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {3} { } { } F
{ } { } { } {4} { } {L} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {5} { } H
{ } {1} { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } I

Leon (Flame Channeler)
HP: 6 / 20
MP: 17 / 35
SPR: 3

Corpse Flower (1)
HP: 12 / 15
MOVE: 1

Corpse Flower (2)
HP: 13 / 15

Corpse Flower (3)
HP: 9 / 15

Eyeris (4)
HP: 23 / 25
MP: 50 / 50

Eyeris (5)
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 50 / 50

- (Cliffside)
[Indestructible]

Tree (Scenery)
HP: 10 / 10

Characters may start in rows B-D!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 pm

"No time to be admiring others Kuori, strike!"

Beatrice's voice made me jump and snapped me out of the dumbfounded state I was in after witnessing what one of the players could do; with only a pen too. I glanced to the side and saw the horrific visage of the mantis monster approaching. I was about to attack it, then back the hell off, like the kind of strategy I would use for Vanessa. But then I realized I still didn't know how to fight as my profession. What does a strategist do exactly besides command armies?

"Beatrice, attack!" I commanded, hoping that I was allowed to do this sort of thing. Beatrice was the only thing that could prove even slightly dangerous to these things. Otherwise I'd either have to fan them to death or dazzle them with my fantabulous midriff. Neither of which felt like it would work.

Kuori uses Raven Scout on Dream Mantis (4). 5 INT Dmg. Chance of Blind

Kuori moves to cell I-9

Last edited by Kurio on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Silver *Fury (2)* *Furious State (2)* *Screech (2)* *Weak (2)*
Hp: 4/13

I had been ready to tear apart one more of our enemies when one of the damned bats flew over and latched onto me and bit into my shoulder. "!" My anger dissipated in seconds flat and I cried out uncontrollably. When the bloody thing finally let go I shrunk back, clutching my shoulder in what can only be described as the most horrible pain I'd experienced in my life. "What the hell?" Again I started cursing without thinking; I never was one to speak so crudely, but this fucking hurt! "Isn't this supposed to be VIRTUAL reality? Seriously. OUCH!" I exclaimed, gesturing to my rather serious injury.

But I didn't dare look at the wound. I knew if I did that I would not stay conscious long enough to figure out how to fix it. Instead I focused in on the corpse that Masq had been battering with some strange light; whatever he was doing, the abhorrent corpse wasn't going down fast enough for my liking. The corpse suddenly shuddered very violently much sooner than the previous time, but I did not stand in place to watch it. I managed over to the Allindur, as I briefly remembered him saying so earlier in his introduction, and collapsed. Even if I was angry, there was no way I would survive long with this pain.

Silver attacks Hanging Man [3]! 3 Hits! 6 Int Damage per Hit! 20% Chance of Berserk per Hit!

Silver moves to G5!

Silver *Fury (1)* *Furious State (1)* *Screech (1)* *Weak (1)*
Hp: 4/13
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:46 pm

I managed to jump through shadows, and just as I'm about to recover from the sickness involved with the first travel, the damned bat jumped on me again. I was not feeling any pain by that time, as usual, but it would probably hurt a LOT when my blood cooled down. Also, it was annoying as hell, and the little thing seemed to cast off a strange aura that made me nauseated.

A readied my sword for an attack, when I noticed Silver shambling close to me. Boy, does he look like crap. MMORPGs usually give us some starting potions, I wonder if this one does too. After a quick search in my pocket, I grip a vial of sorts (by the way, my pocket apparently got gigantic in this world).

Painfully slowly because of the infection from the bite, I turn to Silver and hand him the vial.

-Here. It is red and it's a fluid. It it's not a health potion, I don't what what is a health potion.

Allindur uses Potion on Silver! Restores 20 HP!

Allindur is too lethargic to do anything else.

Coalescing Shadows keeps hungering for the pain of others.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:53 pm

MP: 16/30

Masquerade uses Radiant Hope on Necrobat (2)! 7 Light Dmg! (INT) [Target afflicted with Thoughtful]

MP: 8/30

Apparently I wasn't the only one who realized how real the pain felt from the attack of these mobs. Virtual reality had either stepped up its game in terms of technology or there was something wrong like I had previously stated. My bets were still on the latter by far. Regardless, action needed to be taken. I didn't want to find out what happened if you got knocked out--the game over screen might be the back of my eyelids...for eternity. Fuuuck, this game was supposed to be fun, but now I'm freaking out over these damn graphics and pain shit, I groaned mentally as I continued to spam my light skill. I wasn't pressing any buttons or clicking any keys; at this point, I was just willing it to happen. Was that the way it was meant to be? There were too many questions with not enough fucking answers. "Guys, I know things are like...not right, but the only thing we can do is keep playing the game and that means kicking the asses of these dark fuckers." Just as in real life, I wasn't afraid to voice what needed to be voiced. There was a certain path we'd be forced to take, and in the meantime, go against it would be a horrendous idea, especially since we had no idea what was at stake. It may have very well been our lives.

Shiiiiit, I didn't pay that much money to die. I call bs, I thought, a dour expression on my face now. I was not a happy camper and it would take a lot to get me back to my cheery demeanor. Yet, no matter how far I seemed to be steeped in despair, there was this overwhelming feeling of hope pulsing in my heart, my mind, and even in my very essence. It was almost sickening, but then again, it felt so right--so natural. I know this is my power. This is where my power comes from, even if I don't know what class I am. It all had to do with hope which reminded me of a certain something, but I pushed that silly thought to the back of my mind for now. References could be made at a later time when there weren't vicious monsters after me and my friends.

Masquerade waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:09 pm

{ } { } {D} { } {S} {2} { } { } { } G
{D} { } { } { } { } { } {M} { } {D} H

Hanging Man (3) takes 15 damage! [Silver]

Hanging Man (3) KO!!

Silver restores 20 HP! [Allindur]

2 Potions remaining!

Allindur gains 2 Shadow Orbs! [Allindur]

Masquerade restores 1 MP! [Masquerade]

Necrobat (2) takes 5 damage! [Masquerade]

Necrobat (2) is 10% Thoughtful! [Masquerade]

Neutral Phase 3!

N/A

Enemy Phase 3!

Necrobat (1) attacks Allindur!

Allindur takes 2 damage!

Necrobat (2) moves to G7!

Necrobat (2) attacks Masquerade!

Masquerade takes 4 damage!

Calculation Phase 3!

Almost there, guys!

{ } { } {D} { } {S} { } {2} { } { } G
{D} { } { } { } { } { } {M} { } {D} H

Silver (Empath) [Fury - 1] [Furious State - 1] [Weakness - 1] [Screech - 1]
HP: 13 / 13

Masquerade (Seer of Hope) [Weakness - 1] [Screech - 1]
HP: 4 / 13
MP: 8 / 30

Allindur (Shadow Walker) [Weakness - 1] [Slow - 1]
HP: 7 / 17
MP: 19 / 25
SO: 3 / 10

Necrobat (1) [Float]
MP: 7 / 25

Necrobat (2) [Float] [10% Thoughtful]
HP: 10 / 15
MP: 6 / 25

Hanging Man (3) [KO]

Hanging Man (4) [PERFECT KILL]

Player Phase 4!
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Silver *Fury (1)* *Furious State (1)* *Screech (1)* *Weak (1)*
Hp: 13/13

The anger started pounding on the back of my skull when I didn't jump into another round of attack right away. It bothered me. I wasn't some maniac, and I certainly didn't feel my wounds were less important than finishing off those that hurt me. Whatever was going on was starting to bother me. Thankfully my mind was offered a brief repreive when Allindur handed me some red liquid in a vial he had obtained from his pocket. He said something about hoping it was a health potion, which garnered a very skeptical look from me.

"I guess it can't make it any worse than it already is..." I murmured, uncorking the glass and downing the contents. I gagged. The stuff tasted horrible! It was far worse than any medicine I had forced down when I was younger. It was for this exact reason I didn't take liquid medication! But strangely, I started to feel better. The pain was still there, and I knew for sure that the wound was still there, but I felt good. "Thanks." I added with more volume as I pulled myself to my feet.

I immediately focused in on the bat that had been giving Allindur some trouble. Just as before, it shuddered and fell to the ground in defeat. I smiled. The anger had faded, as had the bat's crazy effects, but I didn't care about any of that. Though the reality of the game freaked me out and I didn't know my profession, I was powerful here. My friends were too, not that I expected any different. For that moment I didn't care about anything else.

I was powerful and it felt amazing.

Silver attacks Necrobat (1)! 3 Hits! 6 Int Damage per Hit! 20% Chance of Berserk per Hit!

Silver
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:38 pm

So, turns out Silver was pretty fucking brutal here. Only one bat was left now, biting at Masq's robes. I still didn't feel quite well enough to run, but fortunately, I didn't need to run. I let myself sink into my own shadow, and from the shadow world, as I decided to call it, dashed to the little bat's window. One uppercut slash later and I was just behind the fucker, my blade stained with his blood -er, ooze - er, bile - whatever those thinges have.

-SHADOW JUMP!

Boy, it was kinda fun to yell your special attacks. Now I understand why people do it in animes...

Allindur uses Shadow Jump on Necrobat(2)!

The Shadow Orbs' ressonace fuels Allindur's blade!

7 Atk Dmg!(6 Neutral/1 Shadow)!

Allindur is too lazy right now to do anything else.

Coalescent Shadows' hunger is not yet satisfied.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:04 am

I watched as the young adult in glasses strike down one of the spirits with lightning using the writing gestures of his pen. Watching him progressively shred that ghost with ease makes me wonder the balance of this game; then again this game is fairly new and changes can be made in the forms of patches. Whatever, not complaining since he's on our side, in the meantime I suppose I'd be better off leaving the ghosts to him and save us all some time. Of course that distraction made me forget about the mantis that crept up and stared at me with those blank bug eyes. I began to feel zoned out as its creeping gaze seemed to bore into my mind and may have induced a migraine. I honestly couldn't articulate a proper description of how it felt if you asked me, but what I did know was that I really couldn't stick around here much longer.

The being that came from my shadow seemed to look back at me as if expressing contempt. Perhaps it was judging me for falling back, as if I were showing weakness and that I wasn't worthy of its help... but there's not a whole lot I can do when the damn thing ripped most of the life out of me in the first place. As for the other two, I'm sure they'll be fine... at least I hope that short stall was enough time for them.

Vergil moves to I-4

Simulacrum attacks Dream Mantis [4]. 4 Int Dmg.

S-Ability Antagonist activates, damage increased by 30% of Vergil's SPR.

Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:29 pm

It's official, I hate running. It used to be a fun thing to do but now that I was literally running for my life, it really wasn't. I swear, I must have stumbled at least four times over some overlooked root or branch and I had to say, I was starting to feel really tired. Being poisoned and molested by tentacles hadn't helped either. I might have picked a really fast class- assassin I think? I forgot already-but it didn't seem like I was granted the stamina to keep up with it.

Stupid virtual reality games. They didn't have to make it that realistic.

And, of course, things had to go from bad to worse as we reached what was clearly the end of the line. Skidding to a stop, I swallowed as I peered over the cliff's edge.

"I'm not so good with heights," I admitted in a grumble, trying to tear my eyes away from the sight but unable to to. We were really high up. When I felt like I was tilting forward, I quickly pulled back. I really didn't want to fall. Game or not, this was still virtual reality and if the pain from the previous battle was any indication, the deaths might be the same.

Oh god, that was one mortifying thought. But situations like the ones in .hack were impossible. Maybe. Oh, damn it, now I was having doubts. Not cool. My spirits weren't even that high to begin with. Man, I was just glad I was with Durn and Cerani at the least. I probably would have had a breakdown by now.

Turning around to face the inevitable horde, I had to admit I did not expect to see some guy engulfed by the plants. He was also calling for help. I hesitated. I couldn't-I didn't-Bile rose in my throat and I clutched at my chest, forcing it down. I was scared. The doubts were rising. I was terrified. The tears were coming. I didn't know what to do. This was different, this, this. . .

I looked away.

Help me.

[Xenosaga] starts at [C-6].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:16 pm

MP: 9/30

Masquerade uses Radiant Mark on Necrobat (2)! 7 Light Dmg! (INT) [10% chance of Blind][Thoughtful stack +1]

MP: 1/30

By this point, I had been bitten and scratched, and I wasn't feeling that great at all. Whatever class I had chosen, it was not a tanky class as far as I knew. I had to make the most of what I had, and if that meant spamming that one skill again, then by all means, this creature would take more damage and whatever else the skill did. All I knew was that it hurt whatever I tossed it at, so I could depend on it until I was out of energy which I started to feel the final bits of my reservoir deplete as I cast the final spell, but now, I was hoping (lol) to put an end to the horrid creature standing before me. The light appeared around the creature's head and dissipated as I had expected. If that meant the end of it, we could move on because I no longer wanted to stay in this area. It was unsettling and my stomach was starting to hurt, as if it were being twisted up into knots. I backed away, just in case, though I didn't know what good it would do. I suppose I did it to get away from my friends so I wouldn't vomit on them should it come to that.

Bleh, don't think about that, dumbass, I reprimanded myself mentally. I hated throwing up with a passion, and I usually did whatever it took to avoid it. So what if you feel better after you spew chunks? It is not a delightful experience. Almost done, almost done, I told myself again and again, but I didn't even need convincing really. My eyes began to glow with an even brighter light, and more images flashed through my head--just as my headache had started fading away. We were victorious. That was what I saw. I saw what we were hoping for--to make it out of this alive. With that view, I would fight to make it so, and I knew that our victory was definitely at hand.

Masquerade moves to I7.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Back home, or in the real world I guess, I was certainly not a runner. Running for as long as we had, even including the tripping and terror and burning lungs, kind of amazed me in a distant way. Maybe later I could marvel over the fact I could run flat out for longer than twenty seconds here. Right now, shit sucked balls. Big, white, bouncy beachballs, man. I mean, really, murderous plants that didn't stay dead? And getting chased? To a fucking cliff? Agh.

I glanced at Xeno as she mentioned a problem with heights, and I had to second that. "I'm with ya there." We weren't right up on it but we were damn close. Looking out over where it dropped off brought up a new wave of adrenaline, and I felt like walking over to the edge to look down. For me, it wasn't that I was scared of heights. It was more that every time I got up on a high place I felt like jumping off, as if my body somehow believed it could fly or something as equally ridiculous.

But we had bigger problems, ie: more plants. And a poor guy that they seemed to have trapped under vines. I spared a second glance at Xeno, knowing if I wasn't catching my breath at that moment I'd have made a crack about another tentacle rape magnet. Ah well. I sucked in a breath through my nose and slowly blew it out of my mouth, a trick I learned a while back in the real world to calm myself quickly, and drew my sword again. I could still hear my pulse in my head and my breathing hadn't entirely calmed, so I still sounded a bit breathless. "Anybody up for round two?"

Cerani starts in D - 6.

Last edited by Cerani on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrote an a instead of I. Fingers seem to think I have an accent while typing as well.)
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next