The Great Sea

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Great Sea

Post by Durn on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 pm

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DYlKny4fw

Ahh... Yes...

The Great Sea... Such a wonderful, vast ocean of endless dreams and aspirations. In fact, such a gargantuan composition of beauty cannot merely be mapped by the human civilization. In such a large, watery world, there are humans that are unaware of the presence of other humans. There are species that are unaware of other species. There are some islands that have yet to be discovered, even.

It’s fantastic, isn’t it? The Great Sea...

There is nothing that can possibly compare... The variety of islands, the people, even the pirates that glide across the sea upon their ships; everything is just so different and exciting...

The scenery in itself is like one's finest dream. It doesn't matter if you're looking out your bedroom window at sunset, or if you're at the top of the highest peak in the ocean at just the right moment, it's all perfect! And you know, you know, the feeling of ocean water brushing up against your feet as you silently gaze into the ocean... Yes...

But do you know what the best part is?...

~+~-~+~-~+~

Music: N/A

You got it, young lad! The cold, luxurious treasure that this world is filled with! Sporadically scattered all across the vast, blue ocean of ours... It’s just so fantastic! The adventures, the thrills that came with them, and the rewards! It was all just too much to handle...

-- Oh?! I should stop daydreaming, shouldn’t I?

Before you leave for your adventure, you might want to fill out an application.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Durn on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:18 am

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BON7Ad4pFg4&feature=related

Young Brooke Bronwyn scurried to the top of a nearby rock formation, paying no attention to the shambling gravel which spurted into the skies with each motion of her knee, and of the soles of her shoes, and every other flailing limb of her body. She approached the top of the rocks, and leaned against a tree, "Today's the day! Just look at the skies, and at the ocean! It's perfect!" She called down to her quartet of associates, far more excited than them.

Brooke knew not of why her old childhood friends and older brother had agreed to venture into the Great Sea with her, but none of that truly mattered much to the young hopeful. She cared solely for the feeling of adventure and that tingling itch that ran through her spine whenever she discovered something truly worthwhile.

Her golden hair, braided into a fine pair of pigtails which poked their little heads out of her cloak, shone in the fine radiance of the summertime sun on the island of Alune. Her amber-yellow eyes gazed into the depths of the sun, and the sun stared back at her. Today was the day.

It was certainly the day.

"If we want to get out of here while the weather's still nice, we should gather materials. Where should we start?" Brooke inquired, turning her golden-skin head down to her friends, complete with that cute little grin that seemed to accentuate her excitement oh so well.

> Search for raft wood.

> Search for a sail.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Cornelia fell just a few steps behind Brooke, her pace not slowed in the slightest by the gravel flying every which way, none of which hit her. The stones simply veered around her, almost like a protective bubble surrounded her. She paid this no mind. No, her mind was other places; settled on the day and the scenery before her. She smiled. Though not as overly enthusiastic as her younger friend, Cornelia was ready for what the day entailed. They were going out on the Great Sea–the adventure of a lifetime.

When their relatively small group reached the top of the rocks, Cornelia lifted her parasol, which she had been using as a cane, and opened it. She rested the long handle against her shoulder and relaxed her posture just a tad. Her smile widened as she took in the sea and the sky–bright sun included. "It's perfect." the terre agreed quietly, her eyes closing as she shifted her parasol into a position to allow a tad more sun to hit her. It was no sooner than she had voiced her opinion that the question about where to start when it came to the materials for their vessel came up. "I suppose we should gather the wood first, finding anything else would be useless until we have the foundation set."

Search for Raft Wood!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Kurio on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:54 pm

Byron followed Brooke up the rock formation though nowhere near as quick and enthusiastic as his sister was. He was dragging his scythe behind him for he didn't really like the feeling of carrying it on his back. The sheer size of the staff and blade of the weapon would make moving around extremely difficult as the weapon would always hit something whenever he tried to turn his body. Not to mention finding a way to secure it onto his back would mean that he would not be able to bend his back at all.

"Be careful up there Brooke." Byron called out, raising his left arm to shield himself from the flying pieces of gravel. His sister was always so energetic and adventurous, which was the only reason Byron was about to take on this journey on the Great Sea. He would much rather stay in the village if it had not been for Brooke's adventurous spirit. When he finally reached the top where his sister and the others were Byron was just in time to hear his sister ask what they should do first wood or sail?

"I say we look for a sail first." Byron responded, smiling slightly when he saw the cute grin on his sister's face, "Wood should be plenty easy to come by, but scavenging a sail might be a bit more difficult. So I think we should get that out of the way first."

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Zachary followed a distance behind the others, taking his sweet time with the trip up the mountain of gravel and dirt. It wasn't long ago now that he agreed to set sail with Brooke on her little adventure out into the vast ocean. He was never one to regret decisions, but physical labor also wasn't exactly his thing. Byron carried his horribly inefficiently large scythe around wherever he went, Zachary couldn't understand why he would bother. It was much easier to have two mirrors, though slightly cracked, lie weightlessly in his pocket. Still, his cloak and cap hardly made a suitable defense for flying gravel chunks, so he had to brush himself down once he reached the top of the rock formation.

Setting sail would take some work. They could gather wood, or get the sail ready to go first. To be honest, Zachary didn't care either way, but when Cornelia spoke up about forming the foundation first, he couldn't help but agree with her logic. Byron suggested the opposite first, so Zachary was even more inclined to go along with Cornelia's idea. He liked the girl a bit more than Byron, and her logic was reasonable enough.

"I believe we should make the base first, so we can build as we collect," Zach said, inclining his head towards Cornelia, to give her the cue that he agreed with her. "Plus, it will save time," Zach continued, turning his head towards Brooke. "I'm sure you want to get going as soon as possible, Brooke."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Tristana followed her troup of friends up the rock formation. It wasn't a difficult climb at all, but she always liked to go in the back, hidden from sight, what meant she had to accept the slower pace of the others. Oh, well, whatever whatever, it was a beautiful day. Eventually, Brooke got to the top, and she could see the girl's radiant smile. She was so young...heck, they were all so young. She felt kind of old. And at the same time, she felt...renewed? Youthful? Hard to say, things were getting so weird these days...it was probably the Lock. She did look 21, and that was the age all but Brooke thought she had, in spite of all the rumors, so she tried not to think about it.

-Maybe a purpose will lighten my heart...this Great Sea thing might be a good idea after all... - The girl whispered to herself.

The refreshing chilling winds of the sea blew the skirt of her old-fashioned clothes, revealing a lot more skin than one would be confortable with, but Tristana never really understood why people this century were so decided to hide skin. She held her weight on her spear, using it as a walking cane, and kept her climb, listening to the discussion.

-I...agree with Byron. A good sail is pretty hard to come by, while we already have plenty of good wood at our disposal. We should just get the bigger problem out of our way at once.

> Search for a sail!

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Durn on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BON7Ad4pFg4&feature=related

"Ohoh, you've gotta point there, Zachary," Said the luscious lips of young Brooke Bronwyn, who addressed Zach by his less preferred, yet far more appropriate name. Brooke had always preferred his birth name, actually, "Oh," She turned her glistening hair away from Byron, looking her brother straight in the eyes, "Don't you worry, Byron. I know these lands like the back of my hand or something. The island's so small, I've practically gotten it all mapped out." She scuffled through her waistpouch, unveiling a small, battered map which almost blew away with the wind. Luckily, Brooke had caught it swiftly.

"Going by the map..." She uttered quietly, deep in thought as her finger traced the odd sketches of mountains and trees she had scribbled across the parchment. Surely another other who attempted to read the map wouldn't be particularly successful, but that didn't matter to Brooke, since it had been her map, after all. As long as one of them could read it, then everything was dandy. "If we follow the northern trail, we should be able to find a nice hunk of wood deep in the boughs of the forest. Just beyond that lies the highest point of the island. Y'know, where the cliffside flag is, right guys?" She pointed at the flag on her poorly drawn map and made sure every member of her troop got a good, nice look at it.

"I'm sure the flag would make a totally nice sail. We can nab that after the wood, since the forest's on the way there." And thus, the quintet of young hopefuls treaded onward into the deepest boughs of the Alune forest, in search for the finest set of wood they could find. Beyond a long array of stony trails and mudded paths, the party encroached upon a large onset of open land, by which one could see the flagpost distanced at the top of a nearby path.

Music: Something's Up

Unfortunately, the party had been unable to find a specimen of wood capable of being used to float a group of five. Setting aside the seemingly simpler of two tasks for later, the party proceeded to set their sights on the flagpole at the top of the pathway. At the base of the pathway, the party noted a small, yet noticeable grumble emitting from the woods. As the sounds grew louder, the grumbling transformed into a roar, and the roars graduated into a flurry of stifling bushes and echoing howls.

A pack of wolves leapt from the brush and into the party's path, snarling into their way with the piercing eyes of bloodthirsty predators.


Prologue - Setting Off
Encounter 01: Wolves, Wood, and the Flag

Location: The Great Sea - Alune Island - The Northern Path - Forest Clearing

Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: N/A

Background: Island Combat


{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {R} { } {T} A
{T} { } { } { } { } { } {2} { } {T} B
{T} { } {R} { } { } {3} { } { } {T} C
{T} { } { } {1} { } { } {4} { } {T} D
{T} {5} { } { } { } { } { } {R} {T} E
{T} { } {R} { } { } { } { } { } {T} F
{T} { } { } { } { } {R} { } { } {T} G
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} H
{T} {R} { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Forest Wolf (1)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (2)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (3)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (4)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (5)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Tree (Scenery)
HP: 10 / 10
DEF: 5
SPR: 5

Rock (Scenery)
HP: 15 / 15
DEF: 3
SPR: 3


Characters may start in rows H-I!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Zachary looked as hard as anyone else did for a piece of wood large enough. In the end, it turned out that they were after the flag first. That was okay though, he didn't mind. At least the trip up here wasn't a waste. They were able to look in one direction and still manage to get something else done in the process. All is right with the world.

When did I become such an optimist? Zachary mentally sighed. That's when the growling and the glaring started. Before long, they had a bunch of wolves in their path. This was just another day, with the same kind of shit going on the island. Still, this group was fairly handy, they knew how to handle wild beasts. Especially Brooke. Zach tried his best to stay out of her way. What else is a mage to do?

Zachary starts at I-7.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:05 pm

Cornelia starts at I8!

Cornelia had no complaints when the group chose to go grab the flag for their sail when they could not find suitable wood for their ship. If they couldn't find it and the flag was closer, it made all the more sense to go grab the flag. However, the peace of their walk was interrupted by several wolves jumping from the brush. Cornelia frowned and shifted her parasol. "Poor creatures must be starving." she commented as she stepped in line next to Zachary. Her frown faded back into her usual semi-cheeriness and she closed her parasol, pointing it at the nearest group of wolves. "However, I'm certain we don't intend on being their meal, and since I doubt they'll just leave we'll just have to handle them."

She doubted they'd have any trouble.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Kurio on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:14 pm

"Well if that's your plan Brooke, I cannot argue with that logic." Byron commented, taking another look at the map where Brooke was pointing to. Though he could barely understand what most of the hand drawn symbols meant, he had a good enough general idea of the island to make out what his sister was referring to. Byron smiled as he looked over the rest of the map and his smile lasted as he followed his sister through the woods.

When, after searching for some time and the group could not find quality lumber to construct their ship, someone decided they should get their would-be sail off the flagpole first. However their plans were interrupted by a series of howls and then the appearance of a few wolves.

"Brooke, stay close and don't be careless." Byron warned as he lifted his scythe up and held it in front of him with both hands. When he heard Cornelia speak Byron found it strange that while it was true they were probably attacking because they were hungry, but what had made them this hungry? They had just come out of a forest, surely there would be easier prey than them. "I wonder why they haven't eaten anything. Shouldn't there be other animals around to be their food?" Byron thought out loud.

Byron starts at cell H-4

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:23 am

Tristana starts at H7.

Well, since the wood was close to the intended sail, Tristana had no problem going for it first. That is, if there was any wood, which there wasn't. The white-haired girl sighed and followed ahead to the flag they planned on using, before a pack of wolves jumped them.

She knew she was the most resistant member of the group, and, as intended, it was her job to frontline, getting the bites for the more fragile, more lethal members. Just as it had always been. She jumped ahead, facing the wolves and spining her spear in a complicated motion before assuming a guard stance.

-In fact, Byron, most animals know when wolves are nearby and try to avoid them, and it is pretty hard for small animals to feed a pack, which is why they tend to hunt larger prey. I imagine large prey is not all that common in such a small island, what brings them to us.

The lancer was always giving off these random pearls of knowledge. If you have centuries of study on your mind, might as well show off a little, uh?

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Durn on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Brooke starts at H5.

Brooke smiled as the clasps binding the axe to her back came loose, dropping to the ground with a metallic clang and snap, "Yeah, Tristana's right." Her grin grew larger and larger as she stretched, settling her right palm around the axe's staff, "Unfortunately for them, however," She spoke daringly, "it doesn't seem like they're very skilled at judging strength."

The final clasp unhinged, and Brooke's axe swung violently to the ground, and then swiftly back into the air as her arm flexed, making a motion which settled the large weapon firmly on her right shoulder. "Let's make it quick."

Prologue - Setting Off
Encounter 01: Wolves, Wood, and the Flag

Location: The Great Sea - Alune Island - The Northern Path - Forest Clearing

Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: N/A

Background: Island Combat


{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {R} { } {T} A
{T} { } { } { } { } { } {2} { } {T} B
{T} { } {R} { } { } {3} { } { } {T} C
{T} { } { } {1} { } { } {4} { } {T} D
{T} {5} { } { } { } { } { } {R} {T} E
{T} { } {R} { } { } { } { } { } {T} F
{T} { } { } { } { } {R} { } { } {T} G
{T} { } { } {Y} {B} { } {T} { } {T} H
{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {Z} {C} {T} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Brooke (Feral Druid)
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 6
DEF: 4
INT: 0
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Zachary (Mirror Mage)
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 30 / 30
ATK: 0
DEF: 2
INT: 6
SPR: 4
MOVE: 2

Cornelia (Terre)
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 30 / 30
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5
SPR: 3
MOVE: 2

Tristana (Gatekeeper)
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Byron (Phantom)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 25 / 25
ATK: 6
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (1)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (2)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (3)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (4)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (5)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Tree (Scenery)
HP: 10 / 10
DEF: 5
SPR: 5

Rock (Scenery)
HP: 15 / 15
DEF: 3
SPR: 3


Player Phase 1!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 pm

"I don't care why they're attacking us," Zachary said apathetically, waving a hand in the air as he retrieved his two mirrors. Tapping into his magic reserves and touching each mirror, he drew a fine line in the air with mana to connect the mirrors. Then he let them wander around his head, as if they had a mind of their own. It was fun to let them wander, plus it kept his mind active and focused. "The fact is, they're attacking us, so lets beat them a little and get that stupid flag." Zachary wasn't much for animal abuse, but if he had to protect himself, he wouldn't hesitate to lay some hurt down on these feral hounds.

Zach's two mirrors spun up into the sky so that they could properly reflect the light from the sun. Both of the mirrors then focused their beams on a single point on the closest wolf's body. The cracks on the mirrors also seemed to point additional, weaker beams at the rest of the pack. Eventually, the spots began to grow hot and smolder, burning the fur and skin and flesh beneath.

Zachary uses Mirror Shot on wolf [4]! 7 Int DMG! Chance of Burn!

Zach's S-Ability: Cracked Mirrors targets the rest of the enemy party! 4 Int DMG! Lesser chance of Burn!

MP: 21/30

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Kurio on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Byron moves to cell H-3

"Well then, I feel rather sorry for these wolves that will not be able to live to see another day." Byron spoke softly, taking a few steps to the side to make room between him and Brooke. For a moment Byron's form seemed to flicker about as if two silhouettes of him were trying to separate from his body. Then Byron disappeared completely for a few seconds before reappearing in the same location except there was now three of him. Each looked almost exactly identical except closer inspection would reveal that of the three forms only one was completely solid while the other two were slightly translucent. Then in a perfectly synchronized act each of them held their scythes up in a defensive position to wait for the wolves to strike.

Byron uses Mirror Image. Phantom (1) appears in cell H-2. Phantom (2) appears in cell H-4
MP: 13/25

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Silver on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Cornelia *Nature's Spirit [2]*
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 30/30
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 5
Spr: 3
Move: 2 Cells


Cornelia casts Grounding! +20% Int!

Cornelia stayed very still, simply watching her friends begin their assault on the wolves. As much as she would have liked to join them immediately, she felt preparation was in order first. Lowering her parasol from its pointed position, the Terre closed her eyes and blocked out everything around her. She visualized the invisible connection between her and the very ground beneath her feet, breathing deeply as she sought to channel more energy through it. The earth seemed to respond very positively to her desire and sent through a mass of energy, a few stray leaves near Cornelia's feet livening and rustling without breeze to carry them.

Cornelia opened her eyes.

Now she was ready.

Cornelia *Nature's Spirit [2]* *Grounding*
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 24/30
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 5 --- 6
Spr: 3
Move: 2 Cells

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Tristana saw her friends start the assault, except for Cornelia, who was focusing her power. Well, better to take front at once and get some attention. The white-haired girl quick-stepped forward and drove the lance to the closest wolf, somewhat blocking his path. She pulled the blood soaked lance out and kept a watchful eye around. For now, no flashy demonstrations were needed.

Tristana moves to F7.

Tristana attacks Forest Wolf(4)! 5 Dmg(Atk)!

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Durn on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Brooke moves to F5!

Brooke uses The Gracious Talon on Forest Wolf (1)! 7 PHYS Damage! 2 Hits! -9MP!
MP: 11/20

Brooke gains Call of the Wild: The Gracious Talon! +1 Basic Attacks!


Brooke swung her axe off her back and unto the ground beside her. Dragging it forward as she approached one of the snarling wolves, she muttered grimly, "Natural selection helps nature cull the weak and reward the strong, foolish wolf." The young druid lifted her axe from the ground and held it out to her right with a single hand, "But you probably don't even know what natural selection is!" And with that declaration, she, with a final, definitive, deep inhalation, she hurled her axe at the wolf with a horizontal spin, causing the axe to ricochet back into Brooke's palm as it grazed the wolf's sides.

Prologue - Setting Off
Encounter 01: Wolves, Wood, and the Flag

Location: The Great Sea - Alune Island - The Northern Path - Forest Clearing

Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: N/A

Background: Island Combat


{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {R} { } {T} A
{T} { } { } { } { } { } {2} { } {T} B
{T} { } {R} { } { } {3} { } { } {T} C
{T} { } { } {1} { } { } {4} { } {T} D
{T} {5} { } { } { } { } { } {R} {T} E
{T} { } {R} { } {B} { } {T} { } {T} F
{T} { } { } { } { } {R} { } { } {T} G
{T} {1} {Y} {2} { } { } { } { } {T} H
{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {Z} {C} {T} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Forest Wolf (4) takes 6 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (4) is burned! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (1) takes 3 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (1) evades burn! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (2) takes 3 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (2) evades burn! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (3) takes 3 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (3) evades burn! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (5) takes 3 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (5) evades burn! [Zachary]

Phantom (1) appears in H2! [Byron]

Phantom (2) appears in H4! [Byron]

Cornelia gains 20% INT! [Cornelia]

Forest Wolf (4) takes 3 damage! [Tristana]

Forest Wolf (1) takes 10 damage! [Brooke]

Brooke gains 1 Basic Attack! [Brooke]

Neutral Phase 1!

N/A

Enemy Phase 1!

Forest Wolf (1) moves to E5!

Forest Wolf (1) uses Team Up on Brooke! -6MP!

Brooke takes 1 damage!

Brooke takes 1 damage!

Forest Wolf (2) moves to D7!

Forest Wolf (3) moves to F6!

Forest Wolf (3) uses Team Up on Tristana! -6MP!

Tristana takes 1 damage!

Tristana takes 1 damage!

Forest Wolf (4) moves to E7!

Forest Wolf (4) uses Team Up on Tristana! -6MP!

Tristana takes 1 damage!

Tristana takes 1 damage!

Forest Wolf (5) moves to F4!

Forest Wolf (5) uses Team Up on Brooke! -6MP!

Brooke takes 1 damage!

Brooke takes 1 damage!

Calculation Phase 1!

Forest Wolf (4) takes 2 damage! [Burn - Zachary]

Cornelia restores 2 MP! [Cornelia]

{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {R} { } {T} A
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} B
{T} { } {R} { } { } { } { } { } {T} C
{T} { } { } { } { } { } {2} { } {T} D
{T} { } { } { } {1} { } {4} {R} {T} E
{T} { } {R} {5} {B} {3} {T} { } {T} F
{T} { } { } { } { } {R} { } { } {T} G
{T} {1} {Y} {2} { } { } { } { } {T} H
{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {Z} {C} {T} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Brooke (Feral Druid) [+1 Basic Attack]
HP: 21 / 25
MP: 11 / 20
ATK: 6
DEF: 4
INT: 0
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Zachary (Mirror Mage)
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 21 / 30
ATK: 0
DEF: 2
INT: 6
SPR: 4
MOVE: 2

Cornelia (Terre) [Nature's Spirit (+2 MP)] [Grounding]
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 24 / 30
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5 --- 6
SPR: 3
MOVE: 2

Tristana (Gatekeeper)
HP: 21 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Byron (Phantom)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 13 / 25
ATK: 6
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

Phantom (1)
HP: 6 / 6
MP: 25 / 25
ATK: 2
DEF: 1
INT: 0
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Phantom (2)
HP: 6 / 6
MP: 25 / 25
ATK: 2
DEF: 1
INT: 0
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (1)
HP: 7 / 20
MP: 14 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (2)
HP: 17 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (3)
HP: 17 / 20
MP: 14 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (4) [Burn - 2]
HP: 9 / 20
MP: 14 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (5)
HP: 17 / 20
MP: 14 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Tree (Scenery)
HP: 10 / 10
DEF: 5
SPR: 5

Rock (Scenery)
HP: 15 / 15
DEF: 3
SPR: 3


Player Phase 2!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Kurio on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Byron moves to cell G-5

Byron was rather surprised none of the wolves chose to go after him. Instead several of them went after his sister, which he was not okay with. He dashed over behind Brooke and swung his scythe down, the blade reaching over his sister's body and impaling one of the wolves, the one that was already badly injured. "Are you alright Brooke?" Byron asked.

Byron attacks Forest Wolf (1). Mercy increases damage output by 70%. 10 ATK Dmg

Phantom (1) moves to cell G-4

Phantom (1) attacks Forest Wolf (5). Mercy increases damage output by 20%. 2 ATK Dmg

Phantom (2) moves to cell G-7

Phantom (2) attacks Forest Wolf (4). Mercy increases damage output by 60%. 3 ATK Dmg

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Tristana was right where she wanted to be. The wolves surrounded her and ganged up on her. She wished part of them had not gone for Brooke, but it seemed Byron was already rescuing her. All in all, their jaws couldn't do much damage. She just spun her spear, kicked the wolf biting her away and pierced it from short range.

Tristana attacks Forest Wolf(4)! 5 Dmg(Atk)!

Tristana waits.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:05 pm

Zachary frowned, he didn't quite like the brutal methods of attacking as shown by his friends. It all seemed too bloody for him. His method was much cleaner. Reflect the light of the sun into a powerful beam to sear the target until their heart explodes from the heat. No puncture wounds, no mess. Nice and clean.

Of course, that didn't mean he was a clean freak. Far from it, in fact. His room was surely the messiest place on the island, though that was more because his hobby included writing. Many scripts have been thrown away, but never really make it to the waste basket until recently. Zach has actually gotten quite adept at making backhand throws into the basket.

Slowly waking out of his reverie, the two mirrors that hovered around his head got minds of their own and targeted the wolf that they attacked previously, focusing a smaller, less-powerful beam at the wolf.

Zachary attacks wolf [4]! 6 Int DMG!

Zachary's S-Ability: Cracked Mirrors affect the enemy party! 3 Int DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Silver on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:12 pm

Cornelia *Nature's Spirit [2]* *Grounding*
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 24/30
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 5 --- 6
Spr: 3
Move: 2 Cells


Cornelia frowned as many of the wolves targeted Brooke. The Terre knew that she could easily handle a few hits, but that didn't mean she wanted the younger girl to get hurt. She relaxed almost instantly, however, as her other allies began their counter-assault. "Alright then! Here we go~" the Terre said with a twirl, thrusting her parasol in the direction of the furthest wolf who had, thus far, escaped major damage. "Life of the Earth flow! Flowers burst forth and shower us with your blossoms!" Cornelia exclaimed, snapping open her parasol. A burst of flower petals suddenly shot forward in the direction of the wolf. Cornelia closed her parasol and returned it to her shoulder with a bright smile.

Cornelia casts Burst on Forest Wolf 2! 7 Int Damage!

Cornelia *Nature's Spirit [2]* *Grounding*
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 18/30
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 5 --- 6
Spr: 3
Move: 2 Cells

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Durn on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Brooke attacks Forest Wolf (3)! 6 physical damage!

Brooke attacks Forest Wolf (3)! 6 physical damage!

Brooke waits.


Not to much surprise, the wolves fell rapidly before the strength of Brooke and her allies. Smirking mischievously beneath her hood, the young druid turned toward the next wolf, murmuring, "This is why you don't try to mess with the food chain, little beasts." And with those words, she hurled her axe toward her next target. In the midst of the axe's flight, it branched into two smaller axes, which grazed the wolf's legs with movements as swift as the wind itself.

Prologue - Setting Off
Encounter 01: Wolves, Wood, and the Flag

Location: The Great Sea - Alune Island - The Northern Path - Forest Clearing

Objectives: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: N/A

Background: Island Combat


{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {R} { } {T} A
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} B
{T} { } {R} { } { } { } { } { } {T} C
{T} { } { } { } { } { } {2} { } {T} D
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} {T} E
{T} { } {R} {5} {B} {3} {T} { } {T} F
{T} { } { } {1} {Y} {R} {2} { } {T} G
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} H
{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {Z} {C} {T} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Forest Wolf (1) takes 8 damage! [Byron]

Forest Wolf (1) KO!!

Forest Wolf (5) takes 1 damage! [Phantom]

Forest Wolf (4) takes 1 damage! [Phantom]

Forest Wolf (4) takes 3 damage! [Tristana]

Forest Wolf (2) takes 6 damage! [Cornelia]

Forest Wolf (4) takes 5 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (4) PERFECT KILL!!

Forest Wolf (2) takes 2 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (3) takes 2 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (5) takes 2 damage! [Zachary]

Forest Wolf (3) takes 8 damage! [Brooke]

Neutral Phase 2!

N/A

Enemy Phase 2!

Forest Wolf (2) moves to E7!

Forest Wolf (2) attacks Tristana!

Tristana takes 1 damage!

Forest Wolf (3) attacks Brooke!

Brooke takes 1 damage!

Forest Wolf (5) attacks Brooke!

Brooke takes 1 damage!

Calculation Phase 2!

Cornelia restores 2 MP! [Cornelia]

{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {R} { } {T} A
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} B
{T} { } {R} { } { } { } { } { } {T} C
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} D
{T} { } { } { } { } { } {2} {R} {T} E
{T} { } {R} {5} {B} {3} {T} { } {T} F
{T} { } { } {1} {Y} {R} {2} { } {T} G
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {T} H
{T} {R} { } { } { } { } {Z} {C} {T} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Brooke (Feral Druid) [+1 Basic Attack]
HP: 19 / 25
MP: 11 / 20
ATK: 6
DEF: 4
INT: 0
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Zachary (Mirror Mage)
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 21 / 30
ATK: 0
DEF: 2
INT: 6
SPR: 4
MOVE: 2

Cornelia (Terre) [Nature's Spirit (+2 MP)] [Grounding]
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 18 / 30
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5 --- 6
SPR: 3
MOVE: 2

Tristana (Gatekeeper)
HP: 20 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Byron (Phantom)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 13 / 25
ATK: 6
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

Phantom (1)
HP: 6 / 6
MP: 25 / 25
ATK: 2
DEF: 1
INT: 0
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Phantom (2)
HP: 6 / 6
MP: 25 / 25
ATK: 2
DEF: 1
INT: 0
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (1) [KO]
HP: 0 / 20
MP: 14 / 20

Forest Wolf (2)
HP: 9 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (3)
HP: 7 / 20
MP: 14 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Forest Wolf (4) [Perfect Kill]
HP: 0 / 20
MP: 14 / 20

Forest Wolf (5)
HP: 14 / 20
MP: 14 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 2
INT: 1
SPR: 1
MOVE: 4

Tree (Scenery)
HP: 10 / 10
DEF: 5
SPR: 5

Rock (Scenery)
HP: 15 / 15
DEF: 3
SPR: 3


Player Phase 3!


Last edited by Durn on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Silver on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Cornelia *Nature's Spirit [2]* *Grounding*
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 18/30
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 5 --- 6
Spr: 3
Move: 2 Cells


Cornelia casts Burst on Forest Wolf (2)! 7 Int Damage!

Cornelia put her dainty hand to her mouth, chuckling slightly as the attack inflicted some heavy damage on the creature. When it didn't fall, however, she returned her focus to the creature, pointing her parasol at the wolf. "Guess it'll take a little more effort." she stated, beginning her twirl. "Life of the Earth flow! Flowers burst forth and shower us with your blossoms!" Her chant remained the same, and as she came to a stop she snapped her parasol open once more. Similarly to the previous casting, flower petals appeared and shot forward at blinding speeds.

Cornelia *Nature's Spirit [2]* *Grounding*
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 12/30
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 5 --- 6
Spr: 3
Move: 2 Cells

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Kurio on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Byron uses Cull on Forest Wolf (5). Mercy increases damage output by 30%. 9 ATK Dmg per hit, 2 hits
MP: 3/25

The first wolf did not get up after his strike, which was fortunate because he managed to give the beast a swift and painless death. It was one of the saddest things to see a dying animal struggle and Byron was glad he was able to prevent that sight. Then he averted his gaze from the corpse of the wolf to the one nearby that Brooke attacked. His phantoms could take care of that one while Byron himself turned to strike at the wolf on the other side of his sister with his scythe. Two swift strikes were enough to take it out.

The other two images of Byron both went after a different wolf. The first one positioned himself closer to the beast and took two swings at it then the second phantom followed up the attack, reaching over Tristana with two more strikes which ended the beast's life after it let out a yelp.

Phantom (1) moves to cell E-6

Phantom (1) uses Cull on Forest Wolf (3). Mercy increases damage by 70%. 4 ATK Dmg per hit, 2 hits. Chance of Bleeding
MP: 15/25

Phantom (2) uses Cull on Forest Wolf (3). Mercy increases damage by 70%. 4 ATK Dmg per hit, 2 hits. Chance of Bleeding
MP: 15/25


Last edited by Kurio on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Zachary paused for a moment, taking in the current state of the battle. They were dominating the wolves, so perhaps they would have a sufficient food source for the trip. Most of them were burnt slightly from his own attacks, but probably didn't touch any meat, just seared the skin. Zach shook his head, this was hardly the time to be thinking about food. He never liked eating wolves, but to survive, he would settle for less.

Zachary turned towards the wolf that Cornelia was attacking, his mirrors also aiming towards that wolf. It was nearly dead, by the looks of it. He was about to make his mirrors reflect the sunlight at the wolf, but stopped himself. He looked over at Tristana, she would probably want to get a last hit in. Zachary didn't have to do anything, by the looks of things. Brooke was ridiculous with her giant ax, and that wolf Byron attacked wouldn't last much longer under her strength.

"I'll leave the cleaning up to you guys," Zach said, catching one of his mirrors out of the air and pocketing it. He reached for the other one, but it darted away from his hand. His brow furrowed slightly.

Zachary waits.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Great Sea

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:18 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum