Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist of Fate Redux ~ Riot of the Sealed One

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Twist of Fate Redux ~ Riot of the Sealed One - Page 2 Empty Re: Twist of Fate Redux ~ Riot of the Sealed One

Post by Shadow Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Axis practically scoffed at the extremely miniaturized woman. What a shame, he reckoned, that he would not be able to use his claws on her. Instead, he decided to take a couple of steps forward with a facade of calmness only broken by the heavily restrained bloodlust in his eyes, still retaining their occasional surge of red, though the flood of power was evidently decreasing in intensity, and it would fade away soon enough. But not until he was done with her.

A brutal kick announced the beginning of practically an overpowering assault, launched without any warning whatsoever. Axis then immediately ran up to where the Soothsayer had ended up, and before she could recover, his foot made perpendicular, crushing contact with her position. And again. And again, and again. He only stopped stomping when he thought she would be dead by then, maybe severely underestimating his target's stamina... but at that point, he simply did not give a fuck.

Axis moves to I5 (H5 - I5).

Axis devastates Luxs!! 10 Hits! 6 Atk Damage per Hit! (5 Basic Attacks)

Kill Surge fades...
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Twist of Fate Redux ~ Riot of the Sealed One - Page 2 Empty Re: Twist of Fate Redux ~ Riot of the Sealed One

Post by Masquerade Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Jeyne takes 8 Dmg!

HP: 9/25

Jeyne is Sealed!

Luxs takes 90 Dmg!

Luxs OVERKILL!!

Introduction

Objective: Someone's got to win...

Background: ~Lesser of Two Evils~

{ } { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } {t} A
{t} { } { } {t} { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } { } C
{ } {t} { } { } {t} { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {T} {t} { } E
{ } { } {t} {R} { } {L} { } { } {J} F
{ } { } { } { } { } {t} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} H
{ } {t} { } {t} {A} { } { } {t} { } I
{ } { } { } { } {L} { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Axis's Kill Surge fades.

Enemy Phase 4!

Lucille (Paper Master)
HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
DD: 4/10
Atk: 6
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 4 cells

Axis (Murder Claw)
HP: 25/25
MP: 7/15
DD: 10/10
Def: 4
Spr: 2
Evade: 5%

Richard (Bookworm)
HP: 15/15
MP: 8/60
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Int: 5
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Tamashi (Hunter) *OVERKILL*
Spoiler:

Luxs (Soothsayer) *OVERKILL*
Spoiler:

Jeyne (Duelist) *BASIC ATTACKS +2* *SHRINK* *SEAL*
Evade: 8%
Move: 3 cells

{t} - Coniferous Tree (cannot be occupied)

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Jeyne waits.

In the midst of her sprint, Jayne's limbs went static, unable to move another step. It had to be that damned bookman again; "Why can't we have nice things?" Jayne muttered under her frozen breath, nearly unable to move her lips due to the weight of the restriction spell. At this point, she had nearly given up on combat. She needed to harness her resilience to this man's disabling magic, as it had certainly garnered her fear.

On the other hand, there was that human lawnmower... And it seemed to be looming closer, and closer...

Jeyne was so done with this.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Introduction

{ } { } {t} {R} { } {L} { } { } {J} F

Jeyne's Winter Winds fades.

Jeyne is Shrunk for 1 more turn.

Jeyne is Sealed for 3 more turns.

Player Phase 5!

Lucille (Paper Master)

Axis (Murder Claw)

Richard (Bookworm)
MP: 8/60

Tamashi (Hunter) *OVERKILL*
Spoiler:

Luxs (Soothsayer) *OVERKILL*
Spoiler:

Jeyne (Duelist) *SHRINK* *SEAL*
Evade: 8%

{t} - Coniferous Tree (cannot be occupied)

Lucille moves to F8.

"Thanks," Lucille chimed as she gazed at her immobilized target. The other woman had fallen at the hands of the rather brutal fellow with the claws, but it was a good thing that he was so strong. Now, the last would fall and they would be able to escape. Rushing the shrunken and sealed woman, Lucille came to a stop right near her, towering over her like a giant. "Whether you had truly been for peace or not...there just can't be any, especially with Cordalan assassins firing at young girls," Lucille stated sadly at first, but her tone grew more fierce. She crouched down, piece of paper in hand. She touched the edge to the woman's body gently, but there was a great force released that pushed the woman back and knocking her to the ground. Lucille hoped that it was the end of the line for the woman.

Lucille uses Paper Force on Jeyne! 7 Dmg! (ATK) [3 cell knockback]

MP: 12/20

Jeyne takes 10 Dmg!

Jeyne KO!

Introduction

{ } { } {t} {R} { } { } { } {L} {J} F

Someone won!
INTRODUCTION COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+3 - No damage taken
+2 - Tamashi OVERKILL
+2 - Luxs OVERKILL
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No Items used
+1 - Jeyne

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 16

Lucille: 0/10 --- 16/10
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next level: 6/10
Current DD: 5/10

Axis: 0/10 --- 16/10
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Current DD: 10/10

Richard: 0/10 --- 16/10
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Current DD: 0/10

No Gold received...

Items found:
---Cordalan Seal Stone

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:50 am

~ T W O ~ P A R T Y ~ S T O R Y~

Okay. So this role play is unique in that there will be two parties that will constantly be separated. They will NOT join up and everything becomes happy-go-lucky. The two parties will have their own objectives and will run into each other a few times, so be prepared to face each other in battle in the future. The two parties will be identified according to their affiliation. Lucille, Axis, and Richard are all of the Alice affiliation, while Tamashi, Luxs, and Jeyne have Cordala as their affiliation. The two sides will have to deal with very different instances, so be prepared.

Since Lucille's team won the battle, their story will start first. The game will go on, alternating between chapters. Some may be longer than others; those on the other team will just have to be patient. Always keep a look out to see if a chapter has been finished so you know when to post. I will also post in the actual role play and the discussion thread about when we switch from one party to another. I guess that takes care of everything concerning the system.

The two parties will have separate inventories and the same bestiary which is obvious just like last time.

As the last of the enemies had been laid waste to, Lucille dodged back to the assassin's unconscious body, crouching over it and searching his clothes and pockets. Her efforts were apparently rewarded as she happened to suddenly produce an odd, round crystal that seemed a bit rough around the edges and was a dark blue in hue. She seemed to marvel at it, even though she wasn't that surprised. It came into her mind that this assassin had to have been top ranked to be trusted with it. Regardless, the silent air started to be filled with the sounds of armor clanking and heavy footsteps treading along the rough mountain paths. Something was coming and it was coming fast. Lucille couldn't take the chances that they were Alician soldiers, so she started to dash in the direction she was running towards originally, but she skidded to a halt a few yards away and glanced to the ones who had aided her.

"You two! Come with me! It's not safe here!" Lucille called out to them desperately, waving a hand in a gesture for them to follow her. Whether they were risk takers or not, there were still explanations to be given, and as such they pursued. Unfortunately, there was no path in the direction the young paper master had run, so they had to fight through jagged rocks and wild brush, not to mention the trees were a bit more clustered together. Lucille knew she had to move up on the mountainside so she could reach the Border Passage to see if she could make it through, but that would be dangerous. They would have to ascend to the summit. One thing at a time, girl; come on! she exclaimed loudly in her mind, urging herself onward.

Eventually, the trees faded from the prior evergreens to dead deciduous. It was oddly warm for this altitude, and there was a foul odor filling the air. Ugh, I don't remember this being here, she stopped and looked out over the land in dismay. It was like a swamp--murky expanses of mud and water with bog grasses and plants sprouting all over the place. In the distance was a ramshackle cabin with a small wooden dock next to it. How on earth could there be a bog on the side of the mountain? How far had they run? Lucille knew that by now she was exhausted. She gestured for the cabin, so that's where they went. Lucille rapped on the door, but received no answer, so she opened it slowly, the air filling with the sound of it creaking. The interior was small with several counter tops covered in odd plants and dead animals. In the center was a cauldron with something bubbling within, a fire burning beneath it. Off to the side was a window and a couch with a bookshelf near them against the wall with various tomes regarding dark arts and such upon it. She ushered the others inside and closed the door.

"This shack is inhabited; we can't stay here long," Lucille stated tersely, leaning back against the door trying to catch her breath. "Should we start with names? I'm Lucille Bookman, but you can just call me Lucy if you want," the girl introduced herself, still panting.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 pm

Running was not his forte. However, with how urgent their situation currently was, Richard found he had no choice in the matter. The ones emitting the clanking sounds weren't Alicians, their group was in big trouble. With a barely audible sigh, Richard quickly, but carefully, replaced his book back in his bag and dashed after the girl.

Unfortunately, wherever the girl was leading them, there was no path. This meant more scrapes and scratches than Richard could possibly imagine. He released yet another sigh, a mental one this time. Though he had not expected anything when helping the girl, this was a little much. Still, he pressed on, forcing his weak body to continue forward. He should have made Luna go out to get the herbs for him.

By the time they reached the cabin in the bog-which he had to wonder about because he did not remember a swamp in this area-Richard was exhausted. He was attempting not to show it, taking deep, heavy but quiet breaths. Still, the sweat that dripped down his temple and soaked his collar was enough evidence to his weariness. He said nothing at first as he stepped into the cabin and took a seat against the armrest of the couch. Calming his rapidly beating heart, the man waited for about a minute before he spoke.

"My name is Richard Carren," he introduced himself, his voice only slightly breathy. He pushed up his glasses with two fingers. "Please do not call me Richie." He got enough of that from Luna.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 pm

When his entire self focused back into the boundaries of normality, the Murder Claw froze. The armored, chorusing noises formed a distant, yet steadily nearing rhythm that only spoke danger, and this was a message which was not only perceived by him, but by the other two he had joined to fight the Cordalans. Their unconscious presence had been pushed to the corners of his mind as the Paper Master had procured the jewel. It seemed incredibly familiar somehow, but even before he could begin to ponder about the matter, the crystal was shoved aside by this new predicament. A single thought summed everything: Well, shit. It, too, seemed that the girl was not one to take risks, for she started running in the opposite direction before prompting them to follow her. He did not need further instructions.

Axis raised an eyebrow as the scenery practically blurred around him as he maintained a steadily quick pace with the girl. The path had suddenly become quickly cluttered by vegetation which did not seem to exist a few minutes prior, and furthermore, the beginnings of a completely new area became evident as the ground became comparatively soft, the trees now in various states of natural decay. A swamp? He was not aware one existed near the Bordesian Mountains, and by the curious looks portrayed in the others' expressions, that probably was the case for them as well. Just where had they stumbled? Nevertheless, he simply shrugged and followed the two inside the cabin. Somehow, the very atmosphere there made him uneasy.

Compared to the Bookworm there--who shortly revealed his name to be Richard--his own stamina was relatively intact. He only fully stopped inside, proceeded to lean back against one of the wooden shack wall, and inhale to regain his lost breath. His gaze flicked from the multiple trinkets, tomes, items, to the bubbling cauldron as the center attraction. Finally, he turned to Lucille.

"Axis Neverchord." he replied, waving his clawed hand slightly as if that was a superfluous detail. And indeed, for him, the interesting bits were just about to arrive, "Now, now," he smirked, his grey eyes conducing the spark of curiosity, "Was that really a Seal Stone I saw back there?"
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:08 pm

Lucille listened as the two men gave their names after which she promptly smiled and gave her new partners in crime a thumb's up. "Well it's nice to meet you Richard and Axis," she said lightly, her breath finally starting to return to her. She stopped leaning on the door and started to take a look around the cabin. The two guys were already waist-deep in the situation, so she owed them an explanation because they were probably going to be with her for the long run. She was already whisking them back to the Alician capitol. Reaching into her own pockets, she produced the odd dark blue stone that she had taken from the assassin's body earlier. She held it up for the others to see, turning it about such that the light coming in through the wind shone through it.

"Yes, that's right," Lucille said, somewhat astonished, granted everyone knew what the war was over: the Seal Stones. "This looks to be the Cordalan Seal Stone. This thing has probably changed hands many more times than any of the currency in existence at the moment. I know I've seen it quite a few times, though it's never made it back to Kyrie where it'll be truly safe, except from spies," she explained, lowering her hand and the Seal Stone. She tapped a foot against the wood of the cabin floor. "I'd like you to come to Kyrie with me. You're both Alicians right? I don't know what towns you originate from, but the capitol will be the safest place for you."

Lucille hated that civilians got involved, and couldn't even fathom what her mother and father would think. She blushed slightly at the thought of her parents. She wondered if she should mention her lineage to the two men who had lent their strength to her. They would need to be properly rewarded. "I...I actually come from the capitol myself. My parents....well...they're....the leaders of Alice: Her Royal Majesty Lady Valoryn of the Skies and His Imperial Eminence Lord Senerus, Master of Tomes." The king and the queen, in essence. Lucille was the princess, though it wasn't known to many. She had been trained not to be a political figurehead, but an assassin in her own right, meant to scavenge for Seal Stones in the different lands using her amazing powers over paper and the stealthy maneuvers that were taught to her at a young age.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Well, this was a surprise. Richard couldn't say he was shocked speechless, however. The girl was clearly capable of taking care of herself, especially since she had most likely been returning from Cordalan territory. With the war going on, that was no easy feat. The thought of having to return to Kyrie, however, made him want to sigh. He had come here in order to get away from his sister. Now, it seemed, he would have to go back.

"I see no problem with that," Richard decided to speak, since not saying anything would probably make Lucille feel uncomfortable. His words were directed towards her suggestion and her legacy. "Considering the boy knows our faces, we'll most likely become wanted by the Cordalans."

There was also no doubt in his mind the boy held a grudge against him for sealing him in place. Not to mention the sword wielding girl had cursed him out, calling him a witch. As if he had had a choice. Richard mentally sighed and pushed up his glasses. He would just have to deal with it when it came to that.

"Also," he continued, blue eyes drifting towards the walls of the cabin they resided in. "Do any of you know where we are? I've been here for some time now and I am quite sure there isn't supposed to be a swamp in this area."
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 pm

The stone was visually fascinating. Calling it a stone would be simply an understatement, for it resembled, just as he had seen it when it was extracted from within the Hunter's garments, a roughly spherical jewel, crystalline in texture, radiating a strange, dark blue hue. Axis even found it particularly difficult to stray away his gaze from the object as the girl showed it to both. But when he did, he found the surroundings were becoming even more out-of-place considering the conversation at hand.

He was starting to vaguely wonder if the resident would notice they had been there when Lucille spoke again. Her following proposal was tempting. Not for the fact he had not been to the capitol of Kyrie before, but because he sensed that this turn of events would be favorable for his own interests. Especially now that he knew that the Seal Stones were involved--those fabled objects massive wars have been waged for--this was something he was not planning on missing out. Oh yes, most definitely not. "Heh. I'll tag along as well," he replied, "Wouldn't be exactly fair from my part if I didn't eh?" he considered the length from the Bordesian Mountains to the aforementioned Alician city to not be ridiculously far, comparatively of course, but that meant some travelling was in order. And with journeys, risks always accompanied them... and Axis was someone to be more than willing to take them.

When she mentioned her lineage, Axis' expression was switched to a moderately surprised one... but he even had to admit to himself, after seeing her combat prowess earlier, that this was believable. "Oh, so royalty, are we?" he hummed, looking at Lucy from his spot. He then leant forward, away to the wall, and began slowly walking around the room, as if having instantly dropped the topic. But he continued, "Hehe... You seem like a fine assassin to me, though. But..."

His gaze returned to the objects around the room for what must have been the third time, addressing now Richard's inquiry.

"This seems to be a witch's cabin."
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:37 pm

As if on cue, the door burst open at Axis's proposal of their whereabouts, and in stepped in a woman with pale skin and startling crimson eyes. Her long, black hair flowed over her shoulders and down her back, dried leaves and twigs sticking out of it in different places. She wore a tattered black dress made of unsuspectingly expensive material, and her feet were bare, untouched by mud or dirt oddly enough. In her hands she carried what appeared to be a mundane tree branch that could have been a staff. "Yeah, and I'm the witch that lives in it," the woman stated angrily, her voice quickly escalating into a growl, her eyes focused on Axis. "Do you people have a fucking habit of just waltzing into other people's homes? I want explanations! But only after I beat your sorry, trespassing asses! Familiars, heed my call!!" she shouted.

Two black circles of energy surged into life on the cabin floor near the witch who was blocking the door. From the circles erupted columns of dark energy which dissipated to reveal two floating wisps of shadows, swirling and blazing with hungry desire. They remained in their place stoically, awaiting command from the one from whom they took their orders.

Lucille was quick to draw her paper as the witch burst through the door. "This particular place on the mountain is supposed to be uninhabited woodlands. I don't know where this bog came from or how it is even managing to be here...," the girl said quickly, her words flying out of her mouth as she entered a battle stance. "There's something up here, and though we didn't mean to trespass, I have a feeling we're going to have to defeat this woman to get some answers," she stated with finality, eyes blazing with determination. She wasn't about to meet her end here, though the witch seemed to have no intention of actually killing them. If the woman wanted answers, she'd have to listen while tending to her injuries after her and the others beat her at her own game.

Chapter 00: Hideout

Objective: Defeat Clarice and her familiars!

Background: ~Spark of a Conflict~

{t} {t} { } { } {b} {b} { } A
{t} { } {L} { } { } { } {s} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {s} C
{ } { } { } {c} { } { } {s} D
{W} { } {S} { } { } { } { } E
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } F
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-

Lucille (Paper Master)
DD: 5/10
Atk: 7
Def: 3

Clarice (Witch)
MP: 35/35
Int: 6
Evade: 2%

Waver (Familiar)
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 1
Spr: 3

Shade (Familiar)

{c} - Cauldron (cannot be occupied)

{t} - Counter (cannot be occupied)

{b} - Bookshelf (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Casual Read (Adds book temporarily to inventory. Can be read using an Act action on any turn. At the end of the battle, the book is returned. Range: Adjacent.)

{s} - Couch (cannot be occupied)

Players may start in rows A-B!

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:12 am

Speak of the devil and it shall come.

As if called upon by Axis, the witch burst into the cabin and Richard twitched in irritation. His hand unconsciously wrapped around his pocket watch, snapping the lid open and shut. His other hand reached up to pinch the bridge of his nose. Though they had been able to at least take a short break, it had been a little too short for his liking. No matter, they would just have to finish this quick.

Silent, Richard slipped off the couch's armrest and moved forward so he stood beside Axis. He was quick to note the bookshelf behind him. If he had time, he would take a moment for a read. Right now, however, they had to deal with the resident of this wooden structure.

[Richard] starts at [B-5].

Last edited by Xenosaga on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm

"Well, fucking fantastic." Axis grunted in annoyance, his wrists already twitching in anticipation while the metallic glint of his claws within the enclosed space of the shack fueled him to battle, once again. "Let's see you try, then!!"

While their resting moment had been certainly brief, it had been enough for Axis. Lucille's finality to the situation and Richard's own preparation prompted him even further to get the fight started, even though he knew nearly nothing about the enemies at hand. He would, rather ironically now, have to be relatively careful around them, in a level that the Murder Claw himself would consider as appropriate. He instantly backed away from around the center of the cabin now that the witch had summoned the blackened wisps, positioning himself next to the Paper Master. Oh, the witch would get her answers alright.

Axis starts at B4.
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 pm

{t} { } {L} {A} {R} { } {s} B
{ } { } { } {c} { } { } {s} D

Lucille (Paper Master)
DD: 5/10

Axis (Murder Claw)

Richard (Bookworm)
MP: 60/60

Clarice (Witch)
MP: 35/35

Waver (Familiar)

Shade (Familiar)

Trigger Command: Casual Read (Adds book temporarily to inventory. Can be read using an Act action on any turn. At the end of the battle, the book is returned. Range: Adjacent.)

Player Phase 1!

Lucille attacks Shade! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

Lucille didn't know much about witches, but she knew that they were often connected to their familiars through some means of a bond. She watched the two floating blazing wisps as they hovered in place. Paper cut through the air, eventually winding up embedded in the wisp closest to her. Quickly, she drew another piece of paper. "It's best to remove the familiars from the picture first! They'll do anything they can to protect their witch," Lucille advised her companions, though she was sure Richard would know more about witches than her seeing as how he appeared to be tied with magic, and she knew Axis wouldn't have a problem shredding these familiars to pieces. She really lucked out with these allies which caused a slight smirk to form on her face. It was nice to know that she was in safe hands, for traveling about on her own was becoming far too dangerous. She knew her parents would definitely be happy about the outcome.

Can't forget to reward them once we make it back to Kyrie, she thought to herself, keeping her stance as firm as her resolve. They've done great deeds and all that honorable stuff. Thoughts about whether or not those had been Alician soldiers approaching back at the clearing where they had the showdown with the assassin crossed her mind. If they were Alician, that assassin and his cronies would be taken into custody. Definitely not the last we'll see of them...

Lucille waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:56 am

"I will leave the familiars to you," Richard stated, nodding at his two companions. Spellcasters like himself usually attacked from a distance and this witch was no different. It would be best for him to take away her ability to act while the others took care of the wisps. Judging from what he had seen earlier, they were physical attackers and mostly likely did not have much defense against the magicks.

[Richard moves to [D-5].

"I apologize for the intrusion," he said as he pulled his book free from its bindings. "However, we needed shelter and this was the first building we came upon." Flipping it open, flicked through the pages, not looking at the witch as he continued to speak. "Now, hold still." Stopping at the page he was looking for, Richard pressed his fingers down against the wrinkled surface, "Signum," and flung his hand forward.

The sentences whipped out, curling round and round before locking in place. The letters glowed, dimly as they attempted to seal the witch in place.

[Richard] casts Signum on [Clarice]. Inflicts Seal!
MP: 46/60
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:49 pm

"Heh, right." Axis started, acknowledging the tidbit of information that Lucille provided. The familiars themselves, frankly, seemed innocuous, but who knew the kind of magic they would be able to cast? And without giving anymore thought to the situation, he allowed for his mind to pulse yet again, to establish those instinct-driven, invisible connections of pure power to course not only through his brain, but his whole body as well.

Eyes regaining that deathly pump of killing red, Axis smirked as he practically shifted to a new position--a new angle that he would soon make use of--and practically savored the words, "Let's get started, then!"

Axis moves to C5 (B4 - C4 - C5).

Axis uses Kill Surge!

Basic Attacks +1!
(BA) Critical Rate +15%!
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Clarice evades Seal!

Shade takes 6 Dmg!

HP: 9/15

{ } { } { } { } {A} { } {s} C
{ } { } { } {c} {R} { } {s} D

Axis's Kill Surge has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Clarice uses Hidden Tendrils! A trap is set! [Cell-by-cell movement required]

*Cell-by-cell movement is the way that Shadow normally does it. You have to list each cell your character travels over.

MP: 29/35

"Foolish!" Clarice shouted, waving a hand through the air as if to instantly refute Richard's spell. She snapped her fingers, though nothing seemed to happen. "You need to up your ante, spellcaster, if that's all the gumption you got," she taunted Richard with wicked delight, a competitive grin forming on her face.

Clarice waits.

Waver casts Mindflare on Clarice! [Target INT +30%]

Waver waits.

Shade casts Shadowblaze on Lucille! 6 Dmg! (INT) [Lucille is Burned]

Shade waits.

{ } { } { } { } {A} { } {s} C

Clarice's Mindflare has 3 turns.

Player Phase 2!

Lucille (Paper Master) *BURN [2]*
HP: 21/25
DD: 6/10

Axis (Murder Claw) *BASIC ATTACKS +1* *CHR +15%*

Richard (Bookworm)
MP: 46/60

Clarice (Witch)
MP: 29/35
Int: 6 --- 8

Waver (Familiar)

Shade (Familiar)

Lucille moves to B2.

Lucille attacks Waver! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

Lucille sidled over just a tad and took aim at the other familiar. The witch herself was proving to be an arrogant loudmouth who was acting like a child which was funny because Lucille had to have been the youngest in the room. Sighing mentally, she took another piece of paper and hurled it, watching as it flew with great speed through the air in an attempt to attack the other familiar so that the others could handle the one she had already damaged. She was afraid that their bodies of fire would singe the paper before it could do it's damage, but apparently that wasn't the case--something she would have to be thankful for. Taking out another piece of paper, she remained on guard, for already the magics of the familiars had left a nasty burn upon her arm.

"Richard's no fool," Lucille called back at the witch confidently, and though the man probably didn't need a young girl defending him, she couldn't let such a statement go, even though she really didn't know the tome-wielding gentleman very well. Maybe it was more out of detest for the witch than it was confidence in Richard, granted she did have faith in him. There's no room for mistrust; not on this mission anyway, she thought simply to herself, determination blazing in her emerald eyes.

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:03 am

Well, assuming that was the witch's way of saying 'you're an imbecile for thinking that would work', it seemed sealing her movements would be a waste of time and effort. He would be better off assisting his companions in ridding them of the floating nuisances before focusing on the witch. They would have to get rid of the familiars before they could deal a finishing blow on the woman anyway.

For now, Richard was already flipping through his pages, he would set up his attack. If Axis were to be effected by the trap the witch had set down, it was unfortunate he hadn't been able to see where she had placed it, that would mean their main powerhouse was down. Spinning a page worth of letters, Richard directed it towards the closest familiar.

[Richard] casts Whirl of Words on [Shade]. 6 INT DMG. Lasts for 3 Turns.
MP: 38/60

"I apologize, however, I find myself incapable of understanding the words of a five-year-old," he said, pushing up his glasses. Directing his eyes toward Lucille and Axis, he continued, "Would you like me to attempt shrinking her down to the size of her mentality?"
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 am

Axis said no more, even when the exchange was particularly still happening with the actual battle merely starting. His own stance broke into a pseudo-feral motion that almost blindly had him dash straight into the black metal of the cauldron, but without ever nearing it as the motion seemed to rather precisely involve, though temporarily, his four limbs. He would normally have checked the entire area, with at least a brief glance, to see whether the magic he thought to be annoying would conflict with his actions... but all he did was to immediately close in on one of the two floating embers. The witch had asked for a battle, and she was certainly going to get it.

Surprisingly, his dilapidated claws seemed to have much more effect than they originally seemed to have. It appeared to be so that the familiar's constitution was not completely immaterial as their appearances suggested, and furthermore seemed to be greatly affected by a physical medium disrupting them. Four quick, almost directionless swipes that were coupled together into two almost imperceptible attacks would surely be more than enough one could handle. Or could it?

Axis moves to E4 (C5 - D5 - E5 - E4).

Axis attacks Shade! 2 Hits! 7 Damage, 7 Damage.

Axis attacks Shade! 2 Hits! 7 Damage, 7 Damage.
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Waver takes 6 Dmg!

Shade takes 27 Dmg!

Shade OVERKILL!!

{t} {L} { } { } { } { } {s} B
{W} { } { } {A} { } { } { } E

Axis's Kill Surge has 2 turns left.

Lucille is Burned for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

S-Ability Swampland Siphon activates! [+1 MP Recovered]

MP: 30/35

Clarice casts Bogged Down on Axis! 4 hits! 6 Water Dmg per hit! (INT) [Axis evades Weak]

MP: 22/35

"Not understanding someone younger than you certainly doesn't make you intelligent," Clarice scoffed, slamming the butt of her tree branch staff against the floor. She openly laughed while snapping her fingers once more, but this time, the effects of her spell were immediate. Spheres of murky water struck down at Axis from above, splashing on contact. They didn't possess enough "umph" to cripple him, but the damage was done, and at the end of the day, Clarice spared the clawed fellow a glance showing her immense pleasure.

Clarice waits.

Waver attacks Lucille! 5 Dmg! (INT)

Waver waits.

{t} {L} { } { } { } { } {s} B
{W} { } { } {A} { } { } { } E

Clarice's Mindflare has 2 turns left.

Player Phase 3!

Lucille (Paper Master) *BURN [2]*
HP: 18/25
DD: 7/10

Axis (Murder Claw) *BASIC ATTACKS +1* *CHR +15%*
HP: 13/25

Richard (Bookworm)
MP: 38/60
DD: 1/10

Clarice (Witch)
MP: 22/35
Int: 6 --- 8

Waver (Familiar)

Shade (Familiar) *OVERKILL*

Lucille attacks Waver! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

"No point now; we have them all on the ropes," Lucille said with great confidence. Her burns certainly hurt, but the familiars weren't as strong without a large source of mana. Taking out another piece of paper, she tossed it full speed at the familiar she was waging war with at the moment. By the looks of it, the things weren't very sturdy. Lucille doubted the witch would be more so. They would all crumple like paper; it was foolish for the witch to attack. "Oh man, the smell of victory," she murmured to herself, straightening herself up proudly. Espionage was her specialty, so she didn't get to do so much of this kind of fighting. She was glad she hadn't gotten rusty over time. There was still a lot she needed to learn about her ability, however. She felt so limited with it at the moment, but that was sure to change. Once we make it back to Kyrie, a lot is going to change, she thought idly keeping her emerald gaze focused on the final familiar.

Lucille waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:02 pm

"Very well," Richard complied, feeling something akin to a headache coming on. This banter between he and the witch was reminding him eerily of his conversations with his own sister. If she ever heard about this, she would be ecstatic and the woman was bad enough just by being herself. The man decided to concede this to the witch and set his words to attack the familiar that still lingered.

[Richard] casts Whirl of Words on [Waver]. 6 INT DMG. Lasts 4 Turns due to Imprint.
MP: 30/60

Finished, Richard made his way back to the bookshelves. He had been eying them for a while but hadn't been able to check through any of the books due to a certain loudmouth. Then again, they had intruded upon her land. Unfortunately, they had been able to hold a decent conversation that lead to tea and crumpets. The man mentally sighed. It seemed his sister's sarcasm was beginning to infect his brain. He refused to believe it was because he missed her. Absolutely refused.

He rather liked being in denial.

[Richard] moves to [B-5].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu May 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Axis laughed, as well. Normally, he would have backed momentarily, minutely check if he could continue attacking or not due to the sustained damage, and then proceed to just do that. But now, under the influence of such a powerful concept, that continued to beat with power even after his body had been struck multiple times with the spheres of opaque water, it was not the case. He countered the witch's glance with a glare of his own, plus a smirk, then the metallic clank of a claw against the other.

"Let me reciprocate the..." he started, but never quite finished the sentence there. He launched himself forward with both legs, landing in front of the witch herself, and proceeding to deliver a series of slashes with his claws, "...PAIN!"

Even if they managed to strike her, Axis had been careful. She probably could be useful after they had trashed her, so he tried to not wound her fatally, at least.

Axis moves to F3 (E4 - F4 - F3).

Axis attacks Clarice! 2 Hits! 7 Damage, 7 Damage.

Axis attacks Clarice! 2 Hits! 7 Damage, 7 Damage.
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2