Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Issue

3 posters

Go down

Serious Issue Empty Serious Issue

Post by Zerifachias Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Okay, I don't often talk about my issues in a public place like this. I'll usually sent a private message to Masq to get his opinion on something or whatever. But this is a much bigger issue that, to my knowledge, never had the pleasure of dealing with. I know what I can do to handle this, but am conflicted on whether to do it or not.

There is a student that goes to this college. He's a sophomore, 19 years old. My issue with him is something that he does to my friends. Sexual harassment. On multiple occasions, he has touched the asses of more than two of my friends. My friends gave him the benefit of the doubt, because he swings his arms a lot when he walks, and he usually hits them while walking by or something. I, being a guy who understand what goes on through this guy's head, know that is a load of horse shit. There was one occasion where he actually groped my friend's ass while in front of her girlfriend and his girlfriend. He's lucky he still has a penis.

But now he's done something else. He has been stalking another of my friends for quite some time now, following her everywhere. One day, I think it was yesterday or the day before, he forcibly kissed her upon meeting, then prevented her from getting away by blocking the only unlocked door.

I'm sure y'all can imagine just how fucking pissed I am right now.

When I mentioned that we can file charges against him for sexual harassment, all of my friends said to wait, not to do it yet. If he does it again, then yes, they said they will file charges. But I don't agree with that. Not at all. What if the next thing he does is rape them? He almost did it to my friend who was forcibly kissed. She couldn't escape. He's three times her size. He could have easily overpowered her if they were not in a public place. And the scariest part is, I think he would do it.

I think we should be filing charges right now, before something even worse happens. Half the campus hates his guts. Even the professors who know him don't like him. And a lot of professors know him by now.

I'm going to talk to my adviser and the social psychology professor tomorrow about this, I hope. I want to hear what they have to say, and I also want to check in with the criminal justice professor that I know. At the very least, I want him kicked off this campus. At least then I can prevent him from raping my friends. The best case scenario would be to put him on the sex offender list and in jail.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Serious Issue Empty Re: Serious Issue

Post by Cerani Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:52 pm

My advice: do NOT takes chances with this. If you're seeing crap like this, there is no logical reason to see how far it progresses, to wait for it to get really bad before something is done and the damage is irreparable.

If all else fails, I fully recommend beating the shit out of him and I am not even joking.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 am

That's the thing, I'm not sure what will happen if we wait. If he does end up raping one of my friends...I'm not sure what I would do. Plenty of people would say they'd kill him, but I'm not sure if I would actually do it or not. That's what scares me the most.

If he rapes my friend, will I kill him? I don't know.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 am

That's not the issue. I'm saying don't wait to find out.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:30 am

I just contacted my friends to start writing down every occurrence of harassment from that person that they could remember.

I told them that I refuse to let them wait and find out.

They are being compliant so far.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:35 am

That's good. If you know any cops or someone higher in authority I'd get them involved too.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 am

There's a police station literally a third of a mile down the road from campus. One of my friends who was harassed knows them, and they know her.

And I have full intentions to get them involved.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:37 am

Okay, awesome. Let me know how this goes.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 am

I'm not the most indicated person to give an opinion about this. I'm very, very, very protective of my friends, specially the female ones. I'd have smashed his balls by this point, if not worse.

I find it very civilized that you chose to take a legal course insteand, and I would sugest doing what Cerani said, don't give him any chances. This is a very, very serious thing.
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:28 pm

My friends said they weren't going to file charges yet. To be quite honest, the guy we're talking about is an idiot. He smokes heavily and is overweight, so even the slowest person among us can outrun him if she wants to. The other is a tiny girl, but can run faster than I can.

They aren't worried about it too much, but they at least said they would start keeping journals on everything that he does to them. I will also be keeping a very close eye on what he does. If I suspect anything, then I'll file the damn charges myself, even though I'm not supposed to.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum