Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silent Slight

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Silent Slight Empty Silent Slight

Post by Masquerade Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 pm

There was once a time where he felt pain, and knew from where the pain originated. There were reasons for why he felt the way he did. This depressing cloud raining needles upon him, it did not even harm his skin. It was his heart that felt so terribly scathed and weathered that one gust of wind might scatter its form into ashes or dust, each particle swept away to unknown regions. In the cold of...wherever he found himself now, he shuddered. It was the memory of falling--his body itself being scattered. His memories. His entire being. Lost. No name. No age. No history. Who was he? Just a forgotten soul in a surreal realm. It could all be a dream. The darkness, and yet being able to see. The ground, black as the night sky...even speckled with starlight. The gray trunks of the skeletal trees growing in a cluster along the roadside. It could have very well been some kind of weird forest. The man sat in a round clearing on a black rock platform. Over the edge was nothing but darkness. To fall would probably mean to be lost forever. Ahead of him rested the path into the dead forest. Of course it would be dead. What could possibly be living in this place?

Three things actually. The man stood up, his white hair barely moving. There wasn't any wind in this place. In his arms rested a creature, its body covered in a soft down, so pleasing to the touch. He stroked its back a few times causing it to croon in delight. It was calming. He had found the thing on the platform...some time ago. Time meant nothing to him in this place. Regardless, he had coaxed it towards him and aided it as best he could for it was wounded. It seemed to be doing a bit better now. One living thing. And then himself would make two. And of course...there was the....girl? She was so feminine in appearance, he was certain that she was a female. But there she was. Another person. She had not spoken just yet...or if she had, the man had been blocking her out. But now that things were beyond quiet, and the creature was feeling better, perhaps now was the time to befriend her? After all, progress would have to be made.

But what would this man even say? This man who had lost everything? Broken. That is what he called himself since he had no name. He simply named himself after how he felt. His sword, which was sheathed at his side, resting above his black overcoat, he named Killer. That was what it did--kill. That is what it was--a killer. And then the creature...he knew not its name, but there was one word that popped into his mind when thinking on the subject, and that...was Resentment. He had a bond with this creature--he could feel it. This creature named Resentment. Would this girl be the same as him? No name? No being? Would he have to give her a makeshift name as he had done for everything else? He gazed at her awkwardly. What if she had been talking? Was it rude of him to ignore her like that? He was surprised she hadn't wandered ahead without him. What held her here? He had so many questions, but...

"Uuuuhhhh...." Broken mumbled, unable to figure out what to say. It was obvious that he was trying to address the girl, but with so many things to say, it was hard to prioritize right then on the spot.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Silent Slight Empty Re: Silent Slight

Post by Cerani Wed May 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Zein stirred where ze sat, meditative silence broken by the man's voice. Ze looked up from the little, silver ring on zir hand at him and his . . . thing. Whatever that thing was called. Zein was sure it had a name for what it was, felt like it sat just on the tip of zir tongue. Ze liked the color though. That was nice.

How long had ze been sitting there, staring at that black thing? Didn't seem like it mattered as there was little, if any concept of time here. Ze blinked and slowly rose to zir feet, long ponytail at the back of zir head swishing as ze did. "Hi . . . uh . . . . . . who are you?" Well, straight to the point at least.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 pm

A nice blast of relief seemed to temporarily shield Broken from the cold of this place, if only for a moment. It seemed as though she weren't particularly perturbed by the silence which was a good thing. However, the question she asked was a hard one to answer. It was good that he had already named himself. "To be honest....I...can't remember my name," Broken admitted in a depressed tone, his voice rather deep and slightly gravelly. "You can call me...Broken." His honey-colored eyes cast a sidelong glance at the darkness, avoiding eye contact with the girl standing before him...or at least the person he thought for now was a girl. He didn't go into detail how he came up with the name; it was a bit disheartening to think about, and he had to be honest with himself--they could use every ounce of hope they could cling to. Their survival in this place was still in question. Would it be wise to bring that up? Probably not. Instead...

"Who might you be...exactly? Are you...from around here?" he asked almost pleadingly, as if hoping that she could be his guide through this place or something. Though he had a weapon, he didn't feel too particularly safe. He had never wielded a sword in his life. Though he figured that it was still lucky that he had found it in the clearing. He was lucky to not be alone for that matter. Besides trifling over how lucky he was, Broken was bracing himself for the inevitable answer to his question. There was no way someone like this girl would be from a place like this. Not even the wounded creature in his arms seemed like it would be from here. Wherever here was. He knew he'd feel a lot more comfortable once he figured out the location...

...or on second thought, taking a quick glance around, he figured he'd probably be more unsettled. This wasn't Earth. There was no sun. No moon. No stars, save the speckled lights on the ground that so resembled the night sky. He could pray for night in this realm, but he was sure it would never come. Never.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed May 01, 2013 11:52 pm

Zein's voice was almost a direct contrast of Broken's, light and honey-like but with a sharp edge of knowledge. "I . . . I don't know." Ze looked at their little clearing shaded like night but so far from it. It wasn't like anything ze'd ever seen, not that ze could recall, of course. What knowledge ze possessed felt hidden away under some deep, dark crevice in layers of zir subconscious that ze couldn't even fathom. Zein hadn't really given any of it much thought. What ze did possess . . . was a name. And right now, ze felt all the richer for it.

"My name's Zein. That's . . . really all I know." Ze looked at the ring placed around zir right index finger. It was important. Somewhat. Not really? It was a way to channel energy, that was important, but perhaps it just wasn't an important object in and of itself. Ze couldn't think of a way to explain this to Broken, though. "I could be from around here. Doesn't feel like it, but I could be for all I know."
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 03, 2013 12:25 am

There was a certain fortunate lack in disappointment at hearing Zein's answer. It helped that Broken was expecting as such. She was certain that she wasn't from this place, and Broken found that easy to believe. After all, Broken now knew what sort of things inhabited this place, for the telltale clicking sounds coming from up in the nearby leafless trees gave away the presence of other lifeforms. Keeping his expression stoic, Broken bent over and placed Resentment gently on the ground. The creature looked up at him curiously, but Broken didn't respond. "So you're pretty much like me. You don't know where you came from..." the man said in his gruff voice, placing a hand on the hilt of his blade. A few moments of silence passed before he spoke again. "Then, I think it's about time we started hunting for answers, and there's only one place for us to go." He offered a glance of the single trail leading away from the platform and into the skeletal woods.

Descending from the branches of some of the trees near the entrance, insect-like creatures alighted upon the ground, their light gray bodies contrasting the blackness of the soil. Their joints were black, however, and their eyes, akin to a fly's, were violet in hue. Purple liquid dripped from their mouths as they tilted their heads, scanning the area for what must have been their prey. There were three in total, Broken noted. Not waiting for them to advance any further, he drew his blade despite never having wielded one before.

"Have you ever fought before?" Broken asked Zein directly, entering a sort of battle stance. "If you can't defend yourself, leave them to me. I...might not have ever wielded a blade before, but I will make due to ensure our survival."

Chapter 00: The Dark Frontier

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~The Start~

Achievement: Sure Survival - Make it through the battle without any Player Characters being KO'd. [1 AP]

{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } {t} { } { } A
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} {t} B
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } {t} { } { } C
{ } { } {t} { } {L} { } {-} {-} {t} D
{-} {-} {-} { } { } {T} {-} {-} {-} E
{-} { } { } {V} { } { } { } { } {-} F
{-} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {-} G
{ } {-} { } { } {B} { } { } {-} { } H
{ } { } {-} { } { } { } {-} { } { } I
{ } { } {-} {-} {-} {-} { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Broken (The Lost)
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
DD: 0/10
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 3 cells

Lix (Voidling)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Spr: 1
Evade: 1%

Vox (Voidling)

Terrax (Voidling)

{t} - Dead Tree (cannot be occupied)

{-} - The Edge (cannot be occupied)(cannot be passed)
~Don't fall over The Edge

Players may start in rows H-I!

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu May 09, 2013 1:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri May 03, 2013 12:43 am

Zein starts at I-6.

Zein watched Broken curiously as he seemed to tense, not stiffening like he was nervous, but rather the lines of his body becoming alert. And then there were these insect-like creatures coming out of the woodwork, and Broken drew his sword. Zein wasn't far from him and decided to let him take the front, the position feeling natural. Ze raised zir hand, flexing zir fingers and calling forth some kind of bluish white energy to flicker in zir hand by muscle memory. "It seems I'm not defenseless."
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 03, 2013 1:16 am

Achievement: Sure Survival - Make it through the battle without any Player Characters being KO'd. [1 AP]

{ } { } {-} { } { } {Z} {-} { } { } I

Broken (The Lost)
HP: 25/25
Atk: 5

Zein (Mystic)
MP: 30/30
Atk: 1
Int: 5
Move: 2 cells

Lix (Voidling)

Vox (Voidling)

Terrax (Voidling)

Player Phase 1!

"Then let us start."

Broken moves to G4.

Noting that Resentment had fled to safety for the time being which was probably for the best, Broken quickly engaged one of the strange insects. Who knew the dead forest would possess an infestation? What was more astonishing was the ever-increasing presence of life in this void-like place. Did that mean there were other creatures out there? Were there any intelligent beings? So many questions...we have to clear our path to the answers. Raising his blade, Broken brought it down on the creature before him. The weight of the blade was perfect, and his grip on the hilt was comfortable. It was almost as if the sword had been made for him, but the mere thought was notoriously ridiculous, so Broken was quick to brush it aside.

"So you're not defenseless?" Broken spoke to Zein who had situated herself behind him. "I'll be counting on you to have my back. Together, I know we will not fall easily." How he could speak with such confidence confounded even him, for a normal person would be cowering in fear right now, and would probably lose their life right here and now. However, the resolve to live was strong in Broken--he would not die without possessing the answers he sought. Of that, he was quite certain.

Broken attacks Vox! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri May 03, 2013 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri May 03, 2013 2:47 am

Whoever Broken was, Zein got the impression he was once a soldier of some kind, a warrior. To speak with such confidence and to try and instill it in zir, it was like a commander's zeal. Zein shook zir head, not wanting to get ahead of zirself. However, ze replied, "I believe you." Ze sent zir hand skyward, reaching for something ze couldn't quite recall but it worked as the energy turned a burnt orange. It felt . . lively, if that were possible. Ze cast it at Broken, watching it spread over his form and fade. "That should help with . . something."

Zein casts Strength [-8 MP] on Broken! Broken's Atk and Damage Output are increased by 10%.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Vox takes 3 Dmg!

HP: 12/15

{-} { } { } {B} { } { } { } { } {-} G
{ } {-} { } { } { } { } { } {-} { } H

Broken's Strength has 3 turns.

Zein's Strength has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Lix moves to G5.

Lix attacks Broken! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

Vox attacks Broken! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

Vox waits.

Terrax moves to H6.

Terrax attacks Zein! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

{ } { } {t} { } { } { } {-} {-} {t} D
{-} {-} {-} { } { } { } {-} {-} {-} E
{-} { } { } {B} {L} { } { } { } {-} G
{ } {-} { } { } { } {T} { } {-} { } H

Player Phase 2!

Broken (The Lost) *DMG OUTPUT +10%*
HP: 21/25
DD: 1/10
Atk: 5 --- 6

Zein (Mystic) *DMG OUTPUT +10%*
HP: 13/15
MP: 22/30
Atk: 1 --- 2

Lix (Voidling)

Vox (Voidling)

Terrax (Voidling)

Broken enters Form Zero! [Damage Output +10%]

The pain was minimal. Broken's coat was rather sturdy and absorbed most of the impact of the attacks made upon him by the creatures using their claws. The main thing on Broken's mind now aside from the drive to survive was this new feeling of empowerment, surely a blessing from the woman who took his words to heart and had his back. The duo was in it for the long run, so it was best to establish a good synergy now, along with an impeccable rapport. However, this empowerment was not the only thing he felt, nor was Zein the only thing he could form a rapport with. Trembling somewhere behind him at the edge of the platform was Resentment. His body was surrounded by a dark aura, and anyone gazing upon him would watch as he faded into darkness. Only a moment passed before the dark aura that was surrounding Resentment now found itself surrounding Broken. Broken looked at the creeping aura and could feel Resentment coursing through his body--merged with his soul.

So the bond was stronger than I had once thought... Broken mused to himself as he kept his sword by his side and dodged around the insects attacking him to come to a halt next to the one that was assaulting Zein. He wouldn't be having any of that. Raising his blade, he brought it down mercilessly upon the creature before him, the extra power putting that much more destruction in his slash. They were slightly outnumbered. "Zein, let us focus on them one at a time. We won't stand a chance if we allow our attacks to scatter," he informed his partner tersely. He had wounded another, but this one would be his focus now, and hopefully Zein's as well.

Broken moves to H5.

Broken attacks Terrax! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri May 03, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri May 03, 2013 4:45 pm

"Ouch!" Zein yelped as one of the large insects scratched zir arm, moving away so that the tail end of the scarf took the rest. Broken was on the thing in what felt like an instant, dealing it a harsh blow and speaking to Zein. Zein cleared zir throat and cracked zir knuckles. "Right with you." This time, when Zein gathered energy in zir hand ze fired it without hesitation. As it flew, it swiftly hardened into a shard and pierced the insect's hide easily. Zein whooped happily, it was good to know ze could do some actual damage too. "Haha, how's that!"

Zein moves to I-4.

Zein casts Geist Shard [-6 MP] on Terrax! 6 Int damage!
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Terrax takes 10 Dmg!

HP: 5/15

{-} { } { } { } {L} { } { } { } {-} G
{ } {-} { } { } {B} {T} { } {-} { } H
{ } { } {-} {Z} { } { } {-} { } { } I

Broken's Strength has 2 turns left.

Zein's Strength has 2 turns left.

Enemy Phase.

---Broken evades the attack!

Lix waits.

Vox moves to H4.

Vox attacks Zein! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

Terrax moves to F6.

Terrax uses Spew Toxin on Broken! [Broken is Poisoned]

MP: 9/15

{-} { } { } { } { } {T} { } { } {-} F
{ } {-} { } {V} {B} { } { } {-} { } H

Player Phase 3!

Broken (The Lost) *FORM ZERO* *DMG OUTPUT +20%* *POISON [2]*
HP: 19/25
DD: 2/10

HP: 11/15
MP: 16/30
DD: 1/10

Lix (Voidling)

Vox (Voidling)

Terrax (Voidling)
HP: 5/15

Broken moves to G6.

Retribution must have been had. Whatever the liquid the insect spewed on Broken was, it was dangerous. He could feel himself getting weaker with every passing second as his pores took in the apparent poison allowing it to enter his bloodstream. Growling slightly, he could feel Resentment pulsating within him, almost as if longing for the imminent destruction of the creature. More than happy to oblige, Broken dodged around the other creature assaulting him and landed right before the one that had poisoned him. It was already weakened excessively; this was the coup de grace. With an effortless slash, he hoped to end the thing once and for all. Resentment's hunger would hopefully be sated because despite the creature being a part of him, it was still somewhat frightening.

"One down, Zein. Just hang in there," Broken managed, turning on his heel to face his partner. His voice was still strong despite the poison coursing through his veins. He would not let her see any signs of weakness within him. She was really all he had in this world save Resentment, and likewise, at least for now, he was all she had. It would have been almost romantic had the situation not been so dire.

Broken attacks Terrax! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

Last edited by Masquerade on Sat May 04, 2013 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri May 03, 2013 6:34 pm

Zein hissed as the injured insect attacked zir. It didn't look like escaping was in order, as ze was cornered near the edge. "I'll be fine," Ze replied, conjuring another ball of energy. "How are you doing?" Truth be told, Broken didn't look so good. He was still standing strong but that last attack had him looking pale, and Zein couldn't think of anything to do about it. Beyond attacking this insect, of course.

Zein casts Geist Shard [-6 MP] on Vox! 6 Int damage!
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat May 04, 2013 11:09 am

Vox takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 7/15

Terrax takes 5 Dmg!

Terrax PERFECT KILL!!

Kill Count: 1/25

{-} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {-} F
{-} { } { } { } {L} {B} { } { } {-} G
{ } {-} { } {V} { } { } { } {-} { } H

Broken's Strength has 1 turn left.

Zein's Strength has 1 turn left.

Enemy Phase.

Lix waits.

Vox moves to F4.

Vox uses Spew Toxin on Zein! [Zein astonishingly evades Poison]

{-} { } { } { } {L} {B} { } { } {-} G

Player Phase 4!

HP: 15/25
DD: 3/10

HP: 11/15
MP: 10/30

Lix (Voidling)

Vox (Voidling)
HP: 7/15

Terrax (Voidling) *PERFECT KILL*

Broken moves to F5.

How was he doing? Now that was a good question, though it wasn't one that he was going to answer truthfully. It didn't matter what came out of his mouth--this girl would know that something was up, so in essence, she already knew the truth. In all honesty, he was starting to feel like absolute shit, though things seemed to be tapering off. Had the poison worked itself out of his system already? Such a short-lived poison. It was something to be extremely thankful for. "I'm doing much better now. The persistence of these things is admirable," he stated with something that might have been a hint of a smirk. He had a few cuts on his arms from where he quickly tried to block the oncoming attacks. "I think we're both doing well, let us keep this up. Allow me to finish this one; you can start on the last," Broken said loudly and confidently. Wielding the sword was much easier than he had thought, but he had the faintest feeling that this was not the first time he had used a blade like this. Dodging around the creature that had assaulted him, he managed to get behind it and attack the one that spewed the violet poison at Zein. Luckily, she had been able to dodge it, and Broken wasn't too keen on it trying again. If he could garner its attention, that would be for the best.

Looks like we're getting closer and closer to being able to progress, Broken thought, not daring to eye the solitary trail leading into the skeletal forest--the only direction they could choose to go save over the edge and into the dark abyss below. And that certainly wasn't happening. Broken now had hopes that perhaps civilization could possibly inhabit whatever hellish realm he and Zein had found themselves in, for if insect life could sustain itself here, then why not human?

Broken attacks Vox! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

Last edited by Masquerade on Sat May 04, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Sat May 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Zein nodded in reply, not feeling like it mattered if Broken saw it or not. Ze started summoning energy once more but hesitated, a little warning bell that went off in the back of zir head. Ze got the feeling that ze should choose carefully what ze chose to do next. Ze deliberated, damaging an enemy sounded nice but whatever ze'd done before at the start felt like it was waning, about to fade off. Since it seemed to help, Zein thought it best to reapply it and maybe soon they'd get out of this and figure out just what was going on.

Zein casts Strength [-8 MP] on Broken! Atk and Damage Output are increased by 10%.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat May 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Vox takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 2/15

{-} { } { } {V} {B} { } { } { } {-} F

Broken's Strength has 3 turns.

Zein's Strength has 3 turns.

Broken is no longer Poisoned.

Enemy Phase.

Lix moves to I5.

Lix attacks Zein! 4 Dmg! (ATK)

Vox moves to D4.

Vox uses Spew Toxin on Broken! [Broken is Poisoned]

MP: 3/15

{ } { } {t} {V} { } { } {-} {-} {t} D
{-} { } { } { } {B} { } { } { } {-} F
{ } { } {-} {Z} {L} { } {-} { } { } I

Player Phase 5!

HP: 13/25
DD: 4/10

HP: 9/15
MP: 2/30

Lix (Voidling)

Vox (Voidling) *CRITICAL*
HP: 2/15

Broken moves to E4.

Though the empowerment he had felt before was revitalized, there was something else he didn't see coming, and that was another load of purple poison spat from the insect's mouth after it had taken care to distance itself. The hit was direct and once again, Broken felt completely sick, though this time it was even worse. He could feel his stamina deteriorating slowly and steadily, his skin getting paler, slight shivers and trembles wracking his form. And even in the face of this new affliction, Broken stood strong, pursuing his target relentlessly and bringing his blade down upon it with a final blow, aiming to completely destroy the creature's carapace. Should he strike true, there would be one left--they would be in the clear. They would survive. Zein had grown quiet, and so quiet he remained as well. It would not do well to break her focus should she be in the zone so to speak.

Broken attacks Vox! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

Last edited by Masquerade on Sun May 05, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Sat May 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Zein growled at the little insect that was left after it attacked. Their little bites were really starting to hurt, so ze backed away from it towards Broken, seeking his protection. There was only this one left, so ze didn't worry too much. But this time, as ze conjured more energy, it felt . . . less. It wasn't as brilliant as before or as blue, only a pale gray that flickered between zir fingers before ze flung it at the bug.

Zein moves to G-4.

Zein attacks Lix! 6 Int damage!

Zein cast a glance at Broken then, and holy crap that guy did not look good. Well, he looked good but he was pale and Zein could see how he was trembling. He had been hit a lot by whatever these things were spitting out. Zein hoped he wasn't going to get some kind of crazy, outer dimensional infection of some kind, because what the hell could they do about that? Zir hand instinctively went to zir pockets searching for something, but they were entirely empty. Damn.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 05, 2013 11:33 pm

Lix takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 10/15

Vox takes 5 Dmg!

Vox KO!

Kill Count: 2/25

{-} {-} {-} {B} { } { } {-} {-} {-} E
{-} { } { } {Z} { } { } { } { } {-} G
{ } { } {-} { } {L} { } {-} { } { } I

Broken's Strength has 2 turns left.

Zein's Strength has 2 turns left.

Broken is Poisoned for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

Lix uses Spew Toxin on Zein! [Zein evades Poison]

Lix waits.

{-} {-} {-} {B} { } { } {-} {-} {-} E
{-} { } { } {Z} { } { } { } { } {-} G

Player Phase 6!

HP: 11/25
DD: 5/10

Lix (Voidling)
HP: 10/15

Vox (Voidling) *KO*

Broken uses Displace! [Grants Teleportation]

MP: 12/20

Broken had to get to the final creature; there was no time to revel in the triumph of his second kill. Was their any pride in killing these things anyway? Body became nonexistent for a moment, and soon enough, Broken was looming over the final creature who actually appeared to be legitimately terrified at his presence. Had it finally understood its fate? With such resolve to live, Broken and Zein could not be defeated. Not here. Not now. A silver aura crept around Broken's blade as he raised it, a stoic expression on his face. "Zein, I think we're done here." The sound of his blade slicing the air was audible. Then again, the very place they found themselves was horridly quiet. Broken looked down at the gash in the creature's carapace. The silver aura had left his blade and was no congregating around the creature's wound. How odd.

Broken teleports to H5.
---Broken links Grief on Lix! 8 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Apathy]

MP: 2/20

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu May 09, 2013 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed May 08, 2013 10:21 pm

Zein moves to D-5.

Zein waits.

Energy dissipating, Zein breathed a sigh of relief. Ze moved a few paces away and sat roughly on the dark ground. Being bitten and all that really hurt when you had the time to stop and think about it. Ze gestured to Broken, though he probably wasn't looking. "Think you can take care of that?" He had practically taken the thing down by himself, so ze didn't see any reason to take the finisher away from him.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu May 09, 2013 1:34 am

Lix takes 6 Dmg!

HP: 4/15

Lix evades Apathy!

{ } { } {t} { } {Z} { } {-} {-} {t} D

Broken's Strength has 1 turn left.

Zein's Strength has 1 turn left.

Broken is Poisoned for 1 more turn.

Enemy Phase.

Lix uses Claw on Broken! 5 Dmg! (ATK)
---Broken evades the attack!

Lix waits.

Player Phase 7!

HP: 9/25
MP: 2/20
DD: 6/10

Lix (Voidling) *CRITICAL*
HP: 4/15

Vox (Voidling) *KO*

Broken attacks Lix! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

"I've more than got it," Broken replied tersely, though mostly to himself since Zein had sought to distance herself from the weakened creature which was probably for the best. Turning his head to steal a peek, she seemed a bit tired. Feeling a slight warmth creeping into his cheeks, Broken returned his focus to the trembling, wounded insect before him and raised his blade for what would hopefully be the final time. Down it came, and with it, another life lost.

Broken waits.

Lix takes 5 Dmg!

Lix KO!

Kill Count: 3/25

{ } { } {-} { } { } { } {-} { } { } I

All enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+2 - Voidling x1 PERFECT KILL
+2 - Voidling x2
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No Items used

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 12

Broken: 0/10 --- 12/10
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 2/10

Resentment: 0/10 --- 12/10
Level UP!
4 Stat Points gained!

Zein: 0/10 --- 12/10
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Broken, Resentment, Zein

Achievement SUCCESS! [+1 AP]

The Party receives 12 Stones!

Items found:
---Gray Carapace x1
---Compound Eye x1
---Void Toxin x1

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu May 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Sheathing his blade, Broken let out a sigh of relief. Meandering about, he collected a few things from the creatures--parts of their bodies. There were also some odd little obsidian stones scattered about that he didn't hesitate to collect as well. They had absolutely nothing in this realm, so he figured this would compensate for the time being, despite having no idea what the parts would be worth in terms of...bartering with natives? The longer he and Zein remained in the realm, the more hopeful he became about there being intelligent lifeforms somewhere within it. Once they made it to some form of civilization, their questions could finally be answered, or at least some of them.

Pacing over to Zein, he reached a hand down towards her, offering her aid in standing. As tired as he was, he wasn't about to back down at the moment. If they waited too long, more of the creatures could converge on the platform and they would make no progress. "Are you all right?" Broken spoke, his deep voice emanating concern. His hand was still a bit shaky, but the poison was finally working its way out of his system. His heart was racing and sweat slowly dropped from his forehead and down his cheeks. Taking his free arm, he wiped his face with his coat sleeve. "Don't know what those things were, but there might be more of them out there," he added. Realism, despite how unreal their situation was, would be needed in order to keep their wits about them. Caution was something they couldn't overdo in this place, especially now that things were a matter of life and death.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu May 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Zein waved him off but took his hand, pulling zirself up by it. "I'm fine. Mostly." Ze might've been bleeding a little, but it wasn't anything that wouldn't heal in time. Ze examined the cuts that ze could see. They all seemed to be clotting by now, no worries. Then Zein started looking Broken over, searching for any injuries that didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. He kinda looked like crap, but that was probably due to the poison more than anything else. Zein looked up into his face, searching his eyes to see if he was about to fall over any second. Because, you know, stuff like that happens after being poisoned.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu May 09, 2013 11:12 pm

"I'm glad to hear it," Broken said, a weary subtle smile forming on his face. He gave her a once over; she definitely caught a bit of hell, but as she said, she seemed relatively all right. "Do you think you're ready to move on? The longer we stay here, the higher the chance that we'll be ambushed without making any progress," he advised, though he was sure that was pretty obvious. Gazing around real quick as if worried that his words would usher on the inevitable, he took note that the place was just as still and silent as it was before the battle began. A nudge against his legs brought him back to reality. Resentment had taken his own form again sometime while Broken was trying to recollect himself and now stood next to Broken's foot, trying to garner the man's attention.

Broken scooped down and picked the creature up. "Don't worry; we weren't going to forget about you, little guy," he said, scratching the creature under the chin and watching it squirm and croon in delight. His eyes came to rest upon the path they would be taking. What would lie beyond? He waited patiently for Zein's answer, for if she wasn't ready, there would be no choice but to rest for now.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 pm

For a few seconds, Zein considered petting the little creature but thought against it. Something about it just . . didn't feel right, without zir being able to explain why. Still, Zein collected zirself with a carefree smile. "Sure, let's go. Got a destination in mind?" Zir ponytail swished as ze turned on zir heel and began heading off the platform into the forest. Some of the cuts still stung a little, but they didn't bother much now. "Also, I'm glad you're here." Ze added, casting a glance back at Broken and his other companion. "I might be more worried if you weren't."
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Broken couldn't help but feel relieved that Zein was about as intent on moving on as he was. As she started walking off, he had to remember to actually walk after her. He had heard her questions but refrained from answering until he was walking next to her along the solitary path that looked like outer space if it were soil, surrounded by skeletal trees on both sides. "I wish I knew enough about this place to have a destination. This path looks quite linear though. If there is a definite destination for us, it would be at the end of this path," Broken explained thoughtfully, a bit of despair just barely tinting the edges of his tone. However that seemed to fade as he spoke next. "And I am glad to have you here with me as well. Alone, I'm sure we both would be far more unsettled. Even with Resentment here, it's nice to have human company."

As they continued to walk, Broken tried to remember things, but it was just met with great resistance from his mind. Sharp pains pulsed in his head when he pushed the issue too much, so he wound up letting it be. "Have you remembered anything about who you are yet? Or are you about as hopeless as me?" he asked Zein lightly, a slight chuckle following his inquiry.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri May 10, 2013 5:42 am

Zein merely blinked as Broken answered zir questions, not really knowing what to do to make the guy feel better about their situation, because ze felt exactly the same way. Zein knew that had ze been on zir own, that battle would've went much less in zir favor. Ze gulped at that - ze could've died on zir own. Then he asked zir about remembering anything. Zein shrugged. "I haven't really tried in all the excitement. To be perfectly honest I feel kinda zen about it." Ze didn't get the impression that there had been anything terribly dark or saddening in zir past . . . though that didn't really mean much. Ze was just content to not be alone for now.

All of a sudden, the ringbearer laughed. "My name is Zein, and my body is a confusing place." Ze chuckled a bit more, feeling an odd sense of deja vu. Perhaps ze had just remembered something?
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next