Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures of Naletia: The Second Dragon War

+4
Kurio
Masquerade
Xenosaga
Zerifachias
8 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Adventures of Naletia: The Second Dragon War - Page 6 Empty Re: Adventures of Naletia: The Second Dragon War

Post by Silver Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Now was the time. Even at her great distance, Leilah could see quite clearly just how severe the final raptor's wounds were. Without the slightest hesitation she burst forward, highly potent shadow magics wrapping around her frame and literally pulling her into the shadow of herself. The second she became enveloped by it, it burst forward, suddenly surging to a spot adjacent the beast.

No sooner had it appeared did the Nightblade pop out of its embrace and land her own critical strike. One that ended in execution.

Leilah uses Trigger Command: Shadow Surge! Leilah warps to G3!

Leilah uses Trigger Command: Follow Up on Raptor (4)! 20 Atk Damage! CRITICAL!!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Adventures of Naletia: The Second Dragon War - Page 6 Empty Re: Adventures of Naletia: The Second Dragon War

Post by Zerifachias Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:46 pm

Chapter One: The Witch, The Dragon, and The Forge
Act One: A Broken Home

Objective: Rout the enemy!
Loss: Allied part is KO'd
Atmosphere: Sunny Plains (No Effect)
Achievement: Ruffle Their Feathers - Do at least 75% Max HP damage to one of the raptors in a single turn. (Completed)

( ) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) ( ) A
( ) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) (r) B
( ) (b) (r) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) ( ) C
( ) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (r) (b) ( ) F
( ) (b) (L) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) ( ) G
( ) (b) ( ) (G) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) ( ) H
( ) (b) (S) (A) (U) ( ) ( ) (t) ( ) I
(t) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

~Allied Calculation Phase~

Raptor (4) takes 1 DMG! (Gaiden)

Raptor (4) takes 4 DMG! (Silvia)

Raptor (4) takes 18 DMG! (Archer)

Raptor (4) takes 15 DMG! (Leilah)

Raptor (4) took 38 DMG total! Execution!

Silvia's Morale increases a little.

~Enemy Phase~

The enemy party has been defeated.

Movement Phase:

Action Phase:

N/A

~Enemy Calculation Phase~

N/A

-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9[/font]

Gaiden (Captain of the Guard)
HP: 46/47
EN: 18/50
Atk: 5
Def: 6
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Move: 3
Crit: 3%
Evade: 5%
Morale: (//////////)

Silvia (Dragonblood) *Dragonskin**Rage +1*
HP: 25/35
EN: 22/50
Rage: 9/20
Atk: 6
Def: 5
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Move: 3
Crit: 5%
Evade: 4%

Archer (Cadet)
HP: 40/42
EN: 10/50
Atk: 9
Def: 4
Spr: 5
Move: 4
Critical: 3%
Evasion: 6%

Aurelia (Shadow Priest)
HP: 26/26
EN: 56/60
ATK: 1
DEF: 4
INT: 8
SPR: 5
Move: 2
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%

Leilah (Nightblade)
HP: 33/42
EN: 40/50
Atk: 10
Def: 5
Spr: 3
Critical: 6%
Evade: 5%
Move: 4

Raptors:

Raptor (1) *KO*

Raptor (2) *KO*

Raptor (3) *KO*

Raptor (4) *KO*

(b) - Bush (Full of stinky weeds)(No occupino; No passerino)

(t) - Tree (It's a skinny-ass tree)(No occupino; No passerino)

(r) - Pile of rocks (It's just a pile of rocks)(No occupino; May passerino)

(B) - Bag (A bag of goodies!)
Trigger Command: Pick Up

~Player Phase~

The enemies have been defeated!

OBJECTIVE CLEARED!

Party Experience:
+12 - Raptors
+2 - No Party KO
+2 - Achievement get!
+2 - No items used

Total EXP: 18

Party Level Up! Level 5.

All units HP increases!

Gaiden - 51 HP (+4 per level)

Silvia - 39 HP (+4 per level)

Archer - 46 HP (+4 per level)

Leilah - 46 HP (+4 per level)

Aurelia - 36 HP (+3 per level)

All units receive 2 Stat Points!

Items Found:
Reptile scale (x3)
Bottled Water (x2)

Gold Found: 72

Combat Experience:
+5 - Follow-up command success!
+8 - All Raptors killed!
+10 - Objective cleared!
+3 - Achievement cleared!

+26 Combat Experience to all units!

Update your profiles accordingly. We will be continuing after a short intermission.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:54 pm

"Good work everyone," Gaiden said, which was the signal to everyone that the battle was done, they had been victorious. There was something about victory that always seemed to put a smile on Gaiden's strong jawline. Even if they were fighting simple beasts, raptors were known for their physical resilience and sharp claws. "Take a break, we'll pick up again in a few minutes once everyone recovers their energy."

At Gaiden's word, Silvia immediately dropped onto her butt and started looking over her arms. There wasn't a single sign of scratches or bite marks on her nearly flawless skin. Some dirt from the road got kicked up and she was starting to accumulate a modest coating of dust, but other than that, she was still clean. It didn't take long for her to feel back to normal, so she stood up and looked around at the others. Everyone seemed to keep mostly to themselves, perhaps too busy recuperating from the battle. Why did everyone look so exhausted? Archer was the worst of the bunch, he had done quite a lot. Gaiden did a lot too but...he was just a stone-faced wall. Silvia doubted she would ever see him so much as breathe heavily.

Before Silvia knew it, break time was over and Gaiden rallied them all back together. They had to get back to moving, her home village would be within their sights soon. Iona...Silvia began to dread seeing the village after what happened. But she had to know. She had to at least find her father, no matter what he may have turned into.

~New Area Unlocked: Iona Ruins~

Music: A Broken Home

The Guard found Iona much later than they thought they would, but that was only due to the fact that the buildings that would have given the village away were no longer standing. The closer the Guard got to the village, the more of it they saw. The land was blackened by the destructive power of fire, any crops that might have been growing were naught but black dust caked on the still-warm dirt. Only one building in the whole village was left standing, and with it the only remaining fire left from the dragon breath. None of the village was distinguishable from the rest of it, and the Guard stopped at the edge of the village.

Silvia took a step forward. Slowly. She took another step, her form rigid and cold as she stumbled into her ruined home. Another step and her boot snapped a burned piece of wood in half. She looked down at it, the sign that used to welcome visitors into the town was now a charred hunk of oak wood. Silvia reached down, picking up the wood in her hands, which had started to shake ever so slightly. Memories of her past came flooding in through her mind, memories of being chased around town, then doing the chasing. Nights sitting under the stars and hearing old tales from the older men. Her father, and her home. A single drop of water landed on the wood Silvia was holding, and she stopped, turning her head up. The sky was clear, not a single cloud in sight.

Silvia suddenly threw the burnt wood to the side, breaking out into a run as soon as she took off. She was gone before anyone could call out to her, but she wouldn't leave the village. She was headed for one place, a place that she could only reach by memory now. Silvia turned a corner and ran to the hill, stopping only when she reached the hut that was once her home. Now, it was naught but a scar on the earth. More drops of water fell, and it was only then that Silvia realized what it was. They were her own tears, which spilled violently from her eyes now, like a faucet she forgot to turn off.

Silvia fell to her knees and covered her face with her hands, constantly trying to wipe away her tears that never stopped and a chest that never stopped aching. And the whole while, she wailed horribly. The weeping and wailing penetrated the quiet evening as the sun began its first descent. Silvia could be heard from any part of the village, and it was a terrible thing to hear.

Gaiden hadn't moved from his spot, even after Silvia took off. He knew she wouldn't leave without them. He knew that there would only be one place she would go. But when he heard the first wail, the first cry, he turned his head away. Silvia had lost everything. As much as Gaiden wanted to go and comfort her, he knew that she needed to be alone right now. She needed to let it all out.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:25 pm

Leilah remained poised even when Gaiden offered them a time to rest. If one focused on her they would notice she still seemed ready for any attack––watching and listening as if every moment of her life require such scrutiny. The only thing that signaled she was not springing directly into action was the fact that her dagger found its resting place in the small sheathe on her hip. Even so, she still looked the part of the Shadow, always present and ready for anything. When Gaiden finally ordered for them to continue, the Royal Guard continued on their way to the village, the Nightblade unblinking as they approached the ruins.

The blackened earth and air of death hung in the air, ever so still despite the slight breeze that blew through the area. Once more a pang of nostalgia hit the Nightblade, her heartbeat picking up pace as she too took a step forward. Her home had not been destroyed by fire, but the ash reminded her of her people long since passed. Frozen to their core and shattered––pieces of blackened flesh settling on the winds in a similar fashion to the soot that littered the once verdant earth. Leilah let out a shaky breath, uncaring that the others noticed the slight weakness in her frame as she shuddered.

At that point Silvia ran off, likely to her home, but the this time the Nightblade did not copy her movements. Her gaze, instead, fell to the only standing building within the wreckage––a sense of foreignness settling in the assassin's core. Whatever lay within it, she knew she would have to check it out. Leilah's masked gaze fell to Gaiden for but a moment before she made her way over to the entrance of the building––she entered warily, realizing that the fires still burning away at the wood could likely take it out at any moment.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Archer had not wasted a single moment when Gaiden gave the word to break. He drank a pretty significant portion of his personal water supply in order to quench the mounting thirst which left his mouth feeling like cotton. Luckily, the tingling sensation on his skin faded and the thirst wasn't as insatiable as he thought. Wiping the water away with the sleeve of his coat, he let out a long breath. What on earth had overtaken him? Why did the sight of the flame excite him so much? It felt like it was having adverse effects on his body. It couldn't burn him, but the thirst and sensations. He wasn't sure which he would prefer. Both were rather unpleasant. Regardless, as soon as the break had come, it was over. Gaiden gave the order to move out, so Archer recomposed himself quite easily and entered formation with the others, making sure to stay on guard in the case of another ambush, but the rest of the road seemed to be uninhabited by both monster and man alike. Eventually...they reached what could only be called absolute devastation.

Archer stood in awe at the entrance of the...what could only be called ruins now. Iona was no more, that much was for sure. His eyes shot towards Silvia who was also taking it all in. It had to have been an immense blow to her poor heart. She had already been through so much; seeing this couldn't have been any help. There was much he could have said to comfort her, but the silence was adamant about being unbroken. She ran off, presumably to somewhere she knew, most likely her home. There was an urge to chase after her, but this was time she needed to herself for sure. He would have time to speak with her later in the case she wanted to talk.

For now, Archer advanced after Leilah while Gaiden stood his ground. His indomitable form serving as a powerful beacon for the Guard, but Silvia's wailing and crying was surely scraping at his soul. The cadet came to a stop next to the so-called Shadow of the Guard. She seemed so much more haunting standing before the last flame eating away at the only standing building of the village. Archer could feel the heat from the flames and could feel a shiver traverse his spine. He longed to jump into it for some reason, to relish in it, to embrace it. But he abstained.

"The devastation of a dragon. It is truly a frightening thing, is it not?" Archer spoke aloud to his companion. It was here that he realized he did not speak much with the silent Leilah. Silence seemed to suit her well given her combat tactics, but she was still a person, and one he had a lot of trust in as a fellow member of the Guard.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:31 pm

~Silvia~

My home. This was my home. Burnt to the ground by dragon fire. This much destructive force...could it be possible that I hold some of this great power? My skin regenerates in seconds flat after being torn open, no matter how deep the cut is. A great fire dwells within my belly, I can feel it constantly rumbling in me. If I could learn to control that power...even dragons would learn to fear me.

Brushing my eyes, I manage to pull myself back together and stand. The hut that was once my home sits in ashes buried by spare planks of burnt wood. I kick away some of the wood so I can enter the wreck. I don't imagine that I will find anything, but I have to try. I take a deep breath and muster up a great bellow of wind from my lungs, blowing away the ash with ease. I'm convinced now. After touching Dragonslayer and transforming, everything about me seems so much stronger. I have access to a dragon's powerful magic as well as a great increase to my physical abilities.

After searching through the rubble, I find something that I did not expect to find. Daddy's old trunk, burnt but still intact. The thing was never locked, so it was easy to open it up and begin digging inside it. I don't know what I expected to find, but Daddy must have something that I could use.

The trunk is covered in old, dusty papers. I'm honestly surprised they managed to survive the heat of the dragon fire. One of the dusty papers I've actually seen before. It's a map of the continent, though many areas aren't filled in and there seems to be a few extra, seemingly empty places marked. Daddy must think these places were important, and he himself was part of the concept of producing a half-dragon like me. Maybe I should visit these places and see what is there for me.

Obtained the Forge Map! Two Forge locations unlocked!

~Abandoned Hut~

Leilah and Archer seemed mesmerized by the last remaining building in the Iona village. But what they found inside was even more surprising than an extreme fire hazard avoiding being burnt down to the ground by dragon fire. Anyone who knew anything about dragons was their incredible breath attacks, which could turn even stone into ashes.

Inside the burning hut lay a small figure, unmoving and covered in ash. From the looks of it, it was a girl, a young girl, and she was still breathing. Whether she originated from the village or not, she was here now and seemed to have survived the smoke and ash. It would be a good idea at this point to move the girl elsewhere, without the danger of the hut collapsing in on her.

~Gaiden~

Silvia's wails had finally stopped. I was thankful for that small bit of peace. Archer and Leilah went to check on the hut that had somehow survived the destruction that the rest of the village suffered. The king would likely want to hear of the situation here, but with no messenger hawks or the time to spare, it wasn't likely he would be getting any sort of update until he sent scouts to check out the area.

There is a well near the edge of the village that catches my eye, and I decide to walk towards it. The Iona village was a farm village that grew mostly potatoes. While the place was situated in an area that got plenty of rain, there was no rivers nearby. The well would be the only way to irrigate crops and provide fresh water. But, looking down into the well, I could see that it's days of supplying clean water were all but over. The water was black and covered in a silky substance. The ash from the burning village had plenty of time to contaminate the water. Which means that making camp here would not be a good idea, but with the sun on its second descent, we don't have much of a choice in the matter.

I take the pack I've been carrying off my back and place it to the ground. Archer, Leilah, Silvia, and myself were all carrying packs filled with as many provisions as we could carry, as well as tents to spend the nights in. I carried a few other tools for collecting firewood and starting fires, but I doubt we will have need of such things here.

I pick a spot outside the village, more or less untouched by the ash and fire, and begin pitching the first tent. If we were going to camp here, it should be away from the toxins fires give off.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Archer continued to watch the blaze intensely, awaiting some sort of response from his silent companion, but his eyes twitched as he thought he spotted something in the building. He took a knee immediately and honed his senses. Yes! He could hear the faint breathing. The stirring of the ashes. The crackling of the fire. Standing and looking once more, his eyes easily picked out the figure buried within--a small girl who was in immense danger by being where she was. At any moment the place could collapse and it would be all over. "Not on my watch." Without much warning he dashed forward and into the remnants, kicking aside any debris in his way. The heat was rather intense but no matter how much it grew, he remained unfazed. His mind was on a single track at this point--the safety of this girl. Stooping down, he scooped the poor figure up from the ashes. She was dirty, scraped, bruised, and burned, but despite all that, she was alive. She had survived a dragon's fierce attack. It was astonishing.

Shaking his mind out of its stupor, he wasted no time in departing the building, skidding to a halt outside next to Leilah. He didn't have time to gauge her reaction. He set the girl down flat on the ground and retrieved some first aid supplies from his personal belongings and provisions. They wouldn't be enough to treat her, surely, but they would at least by some time. "Leilah, you might want to fetch Aurelia," he suggested urgently but his voice remained calm as he went about cleaning any open cuts and scratches, wiping ash from her face gingerly, using his eyes to analyze any burned areas. She was so damn lucky to be alive, and that was a fact.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Leilah did not respond to Archer––not at first, anyway. She merely stood stone still and watched the building burn, feeling the presence from earlier even more strongly. Whatever this sense of otherness was, she now knew it was definitely coming from within the building. Before she could brave the wreckage to check it out, however, Archer had sprung into action ahead of her. In mere seconds he returned; Leilah did not react in the slightest when he brought an unconscious being with him.

The Nightblade nodded slightly, although not in response to Archer's command. This girl, she was that presence––her inquisitiveness quelled, the assassin turned on her heels and snapped her fingers as she went to fetch the cleric. Instantly, the girl's shadow sprung up around her, clinging to her frame with a certain solidity that maintained her steady breathing. Archer's attempts to mend her wounds continued to work, but any sense of the girl fading from their world fled entirely. The shadows would see to it that she remained alive until Aurelia could handle her more severe injuries.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 am

Gaiden brushed his hands together, observing his handiwork. The first of the tents is set up quite nicely and should keep the girls warm enough during the night. Though with Silvia around, Gaiden doubted that keeping warm would ever be a problem for anyone, especially her. Even just standing a few feet from the girl, Gaiden knew that she was constantly giving off an aura of dry heat. It was like her body was like a desert sun.

Gaiden's attention was drawn to some commotion near the burning house. The thing finally collapsed, but that was not what he was looking at. Archer was bent over a body, did they find a survivor? Leilah looked to be heading towards Aurelia to fetch the healer. Someone survived the attack, and needed to be treated for injury now. He immediately took himself over, walking briskly to meet up with Archer and the fallen girl, for it was a girl they had found.

What is with these women and their profound tenacity? Gaiden wondered, nearly in awe. He reached the girl and knelt down. "Archer," Gaiden nodded to the cadet, who had done an excellent job patching the girl's wounds. "You found her in that building, I assume?" Gaiden asked rhetorically, nodding at the building that had just collapsed. Gaiden examined the girl before them. She seemed a little worse for wear, but she was breathing. The fumes of the fire would not be good to her lungs, she would need water.

Gaiden reached down and held the girl up in his arm in a sitting position and reached for his waterskin. Carefully, he poured tiny bits of water down her throat. Then he took a rag from his pack and soaked it with water, then began wiping away the dirt and ash that was covering the girl's face. "Can you hear me, girl? Will you awaken?" Gaiden inquired, furrowing his brow slightly.

~Silvia~

I don't know how long I sat there, looking at the map left behind by my father. I've never seen this particular map before, but I know for a fact that one of these markings is near an old desert town. I think it was abandoned when barbarians from within the desert marched through the town, killing indiscriminately. Barbarians tend to do that. If one of the Forges that Auza mentioned lies here, then that would be incredible. The other marking...that one actually isn't too far from the village. It's in the forest to the northeast of us. There's also a river that we will have to cross to get there. I'm sure Gaiden will be pleased to hear the news of a fresh water source.

I pause for a moment, then sniff the air. Something smells...different. I can smell Archer and Gaiden and Leilah just fine. But there's another scent mixed in with them. What is that? It smells familiar, but I can't quite put my nose on it. It's definitely a girl's scent, which makes me wonder what the others are doing. Wait, no, I should be wondering why someone else is here, and why didn't I smell her before?

I grimace, knowing the answer to my own question before I even thought it. I quickly wipe my eyes with my dress, the ash and dust seem to be finding ways into my body. Unpleasant. Ready to go, I jump to my feet in one swift motion, brushing off my combat dress. It's quite a nice dress that Auza gave me. It's such a shame that it's already filthy.

Once I've found my way back to the group, I find myself wanting to leave again. I don't feel quite ready to explain myself, though I don't know why I'm so anxious. One look from Gaiden and I know that none of them were going to question me. I would have broke down again, just from his accepting look, if not for the strange girl he held in his arms. Or arm, I should say. He was holding the seemingly tiny girl up with his right hand.

"Who...?" I almost asked, but realized that they probably had no idea either. All I could do was wait.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Wallowing in deep, dark slumber, there was only the scent of flowers that she could identify. That was all. She could not see, she could not hear, she could not taste, she could only smell a cloying scent of roses. Her favorite, flower. The way it chose to bloom so delicately, that if it is touched, the petals all scatter in different directions, much like one's shards of heart when they become broken.

Felicia was not someone to be caught in a place of death, she was not one to be in a place of destruction. Felicia was one to keep life sustained, she meant to nurture and protect the ones she loved. She was not one to make someone come into harm without proper cause. She would never hurt a fly if it had not come to harm her first.

However, there was something not right about this peaceful slumber... All within was a creeping scent of acrid smoke, like that of burning wood. Felicia had not perched by a bonfire, so therefore she should not be smelling smoke.

She could feel an outside movement, though, which was beginning to arouse her. Sounds were coming in softly around her, and she thought she could hear a shriek in the distance. She did not wake fully up, however, and she was still lost in the field of roses. She was laying down, being torn into ribbons by the vicious thorns. Any move she made sliced her skin wide open. Tears were flowing down her face, but she did not know why. All she could really feel was the pain of those slicing knives that were both sinister and beautiful.

More movement.

She opened her eyes, her hearing fully coming back, and the smell of smoke fully strengthened in her lungs. She teared up from the scent and she coughed, spraying bits of water as she went. Looking into an odd face, one she hadn't seen before, she was unsure of where she was. Why was the building burning? What had happened? Why had everything caught on fire? Why was she the only one left here? Tears started to fall down her face as they had in her silent, fiery slumber. Everything she thought she had known and believed in was going up in flames around her.

"Who... are you?" Her voice shook, as if she were beginning to feel the true loss at hand, as if she were finally beginning to understand just what happened here, even if she didn't know the exact details yet. The sky was open above her where it should not have been.

Tragedy happened here.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Silvia looked down at the girl, taking in her appearance. She was covered in ash, but there was something about the girl that seemed...familiar. Wait, she was familiar! She was one of the other kids that Silvia knew that lived in the village. If she remembered correctly, her name was...Felicia? Yes, that was right. "Uh," Silvia started, looking at Gaiden. She had no idea how she should be addressing him. If he was an old friend of her father, it would be inappropriate of her to call him by his first name. After all, he was much older than she.

"Uncle Gaiden," Silvia spoke quietly, not sure how Gaiden would react to her calling him 'uncle.' If he was a close friend of her father, then this would be the optimal title for him she could use. From the look on Gaiden's face when she spoke, it seemed like he approved greatly of his title. Gaiden was actually smiling, genuinely smiling, at her. "I know who she is, so can you let me talk to her for a bit?" Silvia asked politely, waiting on a response from the man.

"Of course, Silvia," Gaiden responded, not touching the subject of being called 'uncle' by Silvia. Which the girl was incredibly grateful for. "Archer, Leilah, let's leave these two alone for now. We can set up the second tent and move some of the fire closer to the camp site. Silvia, I trust you will be okay?"

"Yes, of course." Silvia nodded, watching as Gaiden stood and left, leaving her and Felicia alone. Silvia planted herself on the ground near to the girl and crossed her legs. "Do you remember me, Felicia? It's Silvia. Silvia Reshe. I never went into the village often, so I'd understand if you don't recognize me. But I'm glad to see at least one person alive. How did you survive? The dragon fire, I mean."

The Camp

Play these two together for the optimal ambient sound.

Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXNvDzlXqSA
Campfire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQqJVweHq6M

This is a special feature exclusive to the SDW role play. While out traveling, it is often uncertain that you will be safe, or that you will run into any traveling merchants. Luckily for you, at the end of every day in SDW, your characters will return to Camp, where you can rest your bodies and recover from the day. You will also be able to use this opportunity to speak with other characters freely. Speaking to Silvia or Gaiden may also unlock special missions or side-quests in the area you are currently in. Gaiden's character side-quest may also be unlocked through this method, but will take quite a bit of work to achieve, including having the proper affinity.

While in camp, characters can use a special skill that will be called "Herbology" and is exactly what you think it is. Using plants and other materials, a character can create useful potions and deadly poisons. A list of available potions/poisons/salves will be provided granted your character has the proper skill and the right ingredients.

The last feature of the Camp is Training. Silvia is still wet behind the ears when it comes to fighting, which means that she needs proper training. By giving Silvia a lesson with the blade or with fighting in general, your character will be able to add to Silvia's fighting ability, so she can catch up with where the rest of the party is.

Character Status:

Gaiden: Available

Silvia: Available

Herbology:

Leilah: No Poisons Available

Aurelia: No Potions Available

Felicia: One Salve Available

Reptile Skin Salve - A salve that makes one's skin as hard as a reptile's scale. Boosts Def by 10% for 3 turns. (Required Materials: x2 Reptile Scales)

Silvia's Training: (Only one allowed per night)

Archer: Swordplay Lessons available (+1 Atk)

Gaiden: Lecture available (+1 Def)

Leilah: Stealth tutorial available (+1 Int)

Felicia's Training: (Only one allowed per night)

Aurelia: Lecture Available (+1 Spr)

Aurelia: Magic Proficiency Task Available (+1 Int)

Character Placements:

Your character has been placed where I believe they are the most suited to be. Silvia and Felicia are off to the side because of a special "introduction" sequence still needs to be played out before Felicia is accepted into the group. Character interactions cannot be overheard unless one of the characters is near the fire (adjacent cell). Masq, if you want Archer to be moved away from the fire, you must do so manually. Gaiden will move away from the fire only if asked. Do not assume that you need to "move" your character in order to speak with another. It will be done automatically based on your text.

( ) (t) ( ) (T) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (U)
( ) (G) (x) (A) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
(L) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (F)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zerifachias on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:58 pm

With camp set and the new girl left with Silvia, Leilah found herself simply standing off to the side. She watched as the new girl and Silvia began to converse, silently observing the patterns of both parties' breathing. The way they breathed could tell her plenty, and for now it seemed that both Silvia and the girl, Felicia as the former had called her, were fairly stable. Good, the Nightblade thought to herself, making a slight nod in their direction. It did them both well to remain calm––panic during the most peaceful time of the Guard's service would be less than ideal.

Not seeing the need to continue watching the girls, however, Leilah strolled over to the fire, masked visage now set on their stonewall of a commander. She said nothing for a great deal of time, simply allowing the heat of the lingering flames to grace her cloaked figure with warmth; the crackle of the blaze suited the situation, she felt. "She's done quite well today." The silence between the Nightblade and Guard Captain faded into oblivion, the former now directing her visage toward Silvia for a moment before returning to Gaiden. "Not that I expected any less," she added shortly. "We have a capable leader."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Gaiden allowed himself a small smile at Leilah's words. It was good to hear that she thought so highly of him, they would need that in the days to come. "I can sense great potential in Silvia. Perhaps it is the blood of the dragon in her that gives her this power. Perhaps it is her extraordinary willpower," Gaiden responded, taking a glance over at Silvia for himself. He switched his gaze to Archer, who stood just on the other side of the fire, then returned his gaze to Leilah. "I thank you for your kind words," Gaiden said, referring to Leilah's compliment.

"You showed a great deal of skill today as well, Leilah. I'm glad to have you on our side," Gaiden spoke after a long pause, granting Leilah a compliment of his own. He was truly grateful to have the nightblade on board. Without her, they would lose a great deal, both in the Guard's strength and her calming aura. Gaiden thought for a moment, remembering back when Leilah was first enlisted into the Guard. He remembered her being a lot more closed off, a lot quieter. "You've opened up quite a bit these past few years," Gaiden began, turning his eyes to stare into the fire, feeling the warmth of the flames against his body. "I was worried, when you spoke to the King the way you did. The look on the king's face, I thought he was having a heart attack." Gaiden paused, crossing his arms and tapping his index finger against his arm. "I'm glad you did that, and I'm sure Silvia appreciates it as well."

( ) (t) ( ) (T) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (U)
( ) (G) (x) (A) ( )
( ) ( ) (L) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (F)

Spoiler:
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Leilah smiled, briefly mind, but smiled nonetheless when Gaiden offered her a compliment of his own. It had been many a year since someone had spoke so kindly of her; the feelings that thumped in her heart and coursed through her veins felt awfully strange. Happiness, even as slight and fleeting as this, had become awfully foreign––to feel it now, though, truly delighted her. But, as always, such feeling remained hidden, just as her face did beneath the mask; she did not alter anything about her breathing, nor did she make any sign of something changing in her as a result of the Guard Captain's compliment. She merely nodded in thanks and listened to him as he spoke further.

Opening up. Yes. That had happened she supposed. Not intentionally, of course, but such circumstances were inevitable when one placed themselves in close contact with other people. Leilah could not deny in the slightest that, had she not joined the Guard awhile back, such a passionate speech in Silvia's defense would have never existed in the first place. If she had never joined the guard she would have been a loner––would have thought little of Silvia's situation and allowed the girl to be damned for the details of her origin. At least, if she had never joined the guard and lived, that would have been the case.

She was glad she joined the Guard.

"I could not––would not––have stood there and watched," she answered calmly, her face returning to the flames as well. "I see many things, Gaiden, I allow a fair amount of those things to play out as they will, but this was the exception." Behind the mask, blood red eyes focused on Silvia, still speaking with the unknown girl who survived the attack. "No amount of action would serve to change the fate of such an important person in this world––words spoke louder in that instance." She let out a breath, although not a tired one, for, even though she rarely spoke, she could have conversed for an eternity. No, she took that moment to just relax, let the crackle of the flames interrupt her thought and warm her (admittedly tired) body for a moment. "And if they hadn't worked, she would still stand here. I cannot say the same for myself."

Her eyes returned to him.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Felicia looked towards the new girl when the huge man had left her view. There was something quite familiar about the face she saw, but she couldn't exactly pinpoint it at first. There was just too much dust and ash floating in the air for her to be able to see anything clearly. As she stared harder at the girl, though, there wasn't really anything that she didn't recognize. Even as she was introducing herself, the girl got more and more familiar the harder she stared. Just what was it about her that made Felicia feel more at home, feel closer to the scene at hand?

That head of auburn locks and those striking green eyes... Where had she seen them before? The girl turned back towards the huge man she had woken up to. She was almost certain... Was it Silvia? Could it be? After all these years, had Silvia finally come back to the city? She wasn't usually seen within its limits, for she had other things to tend to back in the outskirts.

Felicia rather liked Silvia in that she wasn't a girl to take snuff from anyone, though she hadn't really gotten that close to her. It's not that she was afraid of her, well, maybe it was. She was one to stop and smell the roses as opposed to Silvia's fast pace, and then the matter of Silvia's race was an entirely different thing to comprehend. In all truth, Felicia was truly frightened by the concept.

An exchange came between Silvia and the giant man, who soon departed after a few words were spoken. Felicia could not take heed to them, for she was almost paralyzed by fear. She couldn't let this show, however, for the situation at hand was much much worse than what simple reputation held. Felicia was both relieved that there was someone she had a sense of knowledge about now that everyone seemed to have disappeared from her life entirely and a bit scared that this person just wasn't very sociable.

"Do you remember me, Felicia? It's Silvia. Silvia Reshe. I never went into the village often, so I'd understand if you don't recognize me. But I'm glad to see at least one person alive. How did you survive? The dragon fire, I mean."

Felicia regarded the ginger with scared eyes. How had she survived an attack? The last thing she remembered was seeing her mother leaving the house. Since then she had been in the same place, watching the light pass through the window. Felicia did not have any other real family than her mother, even though everyone in essence were relatives of hers to some extent. Her mother was the closest person to Felicia, and now that she thought on it, she wasn't entirely sure for how long she had been out for. Why was she where she was? She remembered sitting on the chair, looking through the window, waiting for her to come back, to no avail... and the next thing she knew, she was flat on the floor, looking once again at Silvia Reshe.

Why had this happened?

"Yes... Silvia... Yes, I do remember hearing about you, even seeing you a time or two before. As to what happened around here, I... I don't know. The last thing I remember is staring out the window, waiting for my mother to come back form her trip to the market. I don't know how long I have been asleep for, or how the entire city has fallen into ruin, other than the fact that you told me it was a dragon's fire. This is truly terrible..."

The tears that started streaming when she looked up into the strange man's face instead of someone she knew now intensified, and there wasn't really much that she could do about it. Hiccuping sobs came from her throat. It all seemed to have ended before it really began. How was she the only person alive? What really happened to Iona? Why was she the only one left? What had happened?
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Silvia almost sighed in relief, Felicia did recognize her. Silvia lived in the outskirts of town, yes, but that didn't mean she wasn't seen by other people. Many of the younger men visited her even before she was of marrying age. It was quite annoying at times, when she had her farming duties to attend to. But here was another girl from the tiny Iona village, someone who knew who she was.

Silvia glanced to the side for a second, seeing Archer, Gaiden, and Leilah all grouped around the fire. What would they be thinking of her? Of Felicia? Silvia didn't know the answer, and she was afraid to ask. Silvia returned her gaze to Felicia, biting her bottom lip and trying to think of what to say to the girl. She didn't know about the return of the dragons, and she's probably been out of it since the village was attacked. It has only been a day since then, but the girl is bound to be feeling weak. Hungry, thirsty, and afraid.

"I'll explain everything that I can," Silvia started, shifting herself into a more comfortable position. "First...about myself. I...the circumstances of my birth are a bit...complicated. I suppose you heard the story of how my mother died when I was born, right? Well, it turns out that my mother was actually a dragon, cursed into a human female body with magic. My father was also a descendant of an old legend who was able to wield the blade, Dragonslayer. So that makes me a half-dragon, half-human with the power to wield Dragonslayer. I have the blade here." Silvia paused for a moment to tap the hilt of her sword, which she kept sheathed and strapped to her back.

"Iona was attacked by a dragon," Silvia continued, lowering her hands to cover her knees. "A big one, shaped like a mountain. It used fire to blow away the village, leaving it like this. Your house was the only one that it missed, I think it was aiming for my father's farm, specifically." Silvia pointed in the direction of her home on the other side of the village, burned down with hardly anything left behind. It did appear that the fire was directed more towards the home, judging from the scar on the earth. Silvia felt a sudden sadness overcome her when she realized that the land here would never again produce life.

"I know this is a lot to take in," Silvia said, looking down at the dirt, avoiding eye contact. "I swear that I'm going to make it up to you. It's not just my home destroyed, yours was to. Everyone who was in the village is dead. And I'm going to make that dragon pay. I'll make them all pay." Silvia smoke with such emotion and fire, that that very substance nearly leaped out of her mouth. She felt it, and quickly placed her hand over her mouth, preventing the fire from escaping. She didn't want to breathe fire right in front of Felicia, not with her in her condition.

~

Those were strong words. Would Leilah risk her own life to protect Silvia's? Is that what Gaiden is hearing here? Or was she referring to the circumstances of her recruitment into the Guard? Either way, it sounded as though Leilah would have risked more than just her title to free Silvia. Gaiden had to admit, he would sympathize with her. However, his job was to protect the King. That was the duty of the Royal Guard, after all, to protect the blue blood that flows through their veins. Which was kind of strange, as the Guard was nowhere near the King at the moment. Instead, they were protecting Silvia.

"I suppose our job title hasn't changed," Gaiden said, finally relaxing himself and lowering his arms, coming to this realization. "Here I was thinking that our duty is to protect the King, but there's more to it than that. Our duty is to Her Great Nation of Ermith, to see that She is protected from threats. If Silvia is the only one who can wield Dragonslayer, and with the circumstances behind her birth, she is the only one who can truly kill a dragon.

"So our duty is to protect Silvia now," Gaiden finished, looking across the fire to Archer and Leilah.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:45 pm

The fire was as captivating as it always was.  What was it about the flame that drew his attention now?  Archer hadn't always been that way.  He wasn't a pyromaniac in any regard.  Fire was a fascinating thing.  So much destruction it could wreak, yet it was so beautiful and when magically controlled, it could form many things.  But fire was not something to be played with.  Iona was a perfect example.  The dragon's flame was stronger than a normal campfire, of course, but all it takes is one unstoppable conflagration to bring an entire village to the nothing but a pile of ash.  There was something fascinating about it.  Archer absently stuck his hand into the flame and felt no pain.  He watched the fire try to consume his skin but it wound up dancing across it.  Ever since that encounter with Silvia where she became overpowered by the dragon within he had this affinity.  He remembered not even her scathing flames could burn him.  What would become of him now?

There was quite a bit of conversing going on around him, he became aware.  Drawing his hand out of the flames, he met Gaiden's gaze for a moment.  He mentioned their goal being to protect Silvia, and that was a cause he could definitely agree with.  She had the power to likely save the people of this continent from tragedies the likes of Iona.  Combine her power with the power of the Guard and there was no force that could match their strength.  This was something he firmly believed and already affirmed, at least for himself.  He remained quiet.  Everybody else was already entangled in interaction for the most part, and he was in a rather thoughtful mood himself.

I did promise Silvia I would train her, Archer realized after a few moments of pondering, his eyes focused on the flickering flames once more.  Perhaps when she's done talking with the girl.  They seem to know each other...  Archer's eyes rolled into the back of his head leaving nothing but whites, however he could see out of the back of his skull quite clearly.  His eyes shifted a bit to his left and he caught site of the girl he had rescued.  She was doing much much better than she had when she was buried in debris and ash and it seemed as though she was going to be all right.  He eyed Silvia for a moment before returning his eyes to normal.  Though his site was fine, it still felt a bit weird for his eyes to remain like that for extended periods of time.  It was a feeling he didn't particularly care for.  His ancestor could have that degree of vision without moving her eyes at all.  It was a constant 360 degree field with absolutely no blind spots.  It was literally impossible to sneak up on her.  She could see anyone coming from any direction.  She could see through stealth and illusions, and even if she couldn't, she could see the murderous thoughts dwelling within the minds of oncoming attackers.  Archer longed for vision as strong as that, but he just hadn't received the genes.  It was a rare gift, and he was forced to appreciate the vision that he had received.

Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:42 pm

Felicia listened to Silvia as she explained herself, as she laid her soul bare before the girl. It made her problems seem quite trivial in the grand scheme of it all, and she felt quite ashamed of herself. Even if her birthplace was in ruins, the sheer difference of one moment of unhappiness compared to an entire lifetime was not something to be trifles with. There was something lingering in the back of her mind as the young woman was telling Felicia her life story, but what was it? Felicia tried to grasp at whatever it was, but not really succeeding in her task. That there would be something that  she couldn't really scratch out of her head almost scared Felicia as bad as what had happened to her, and what kind of terrible power Silvia could have.

On that tangent, what if Silvia had some sort of rage? She had stated that she was born of a dragon mother. What would this mean in the long term? Would she grow into something that would cause great destruction as what happened to her village? Would she lose the humanity she currently possessed? Why was she wielding an extinguisher of dragons if she was half of a dragon herself? There were many questions that she would like answered, but of course they would not quite be appropriate, not now, not ever.

Her sobs began dying in her throat as Silvia’s sad story passed her ears. Certainly she wasn’t one to be able to complain about anything compared to what all this young woman had clearly been through. Felicia’s nursing instinct was trying to take over, but the person inside of her was still afraid of the sheer amount of circumstances. She shoved that fear down her throat however, and stood up to face Silvia face to face. There wasn’t much that she could do to console her for past transgressions against what kind of life she could have led, and she didn’t need to linger upon anything like that, for she would never find her way out of any kind of sob story like that.

She needed to sort through the rubble that was her new life and the physicality of the destruction at hand. She couldn’t snivel and cry like a little girl. That would have to be left behind if she were to make it with the new circumstances at hand. There was not anything to keep her from being able to make sure that others weren’t hurt by the destruction here. No one else needed to be hurt if she could help it. She needed to mend, she needed to heal. There simply needed to be something she could do to help.

But finally she was struck by Silvia's last line: "I'll make them all pay." Why was she taking all the blame upon herself? Was she responsible for the attack here in Iona? Was she responsible for destroying all that she had here? No, of course not. Felicia shook herself. There was no obvious remorse in Silvia's voice, and she seemed to be reasonably humane, so therefore she couldn't be the cause of all of this. Felicia looked into Silvia's eyes.

"Silvia, you are not responsible for this. There is absolutely no reason you need to take on an apologetic tone, you have done nothing to apologize. Though this is quite a change in circumstance, I need to make the ... best of this. At least I'm still alive and well, and I could very well not be. I have to thank both you and that giant man for waking and saving me. If you had not, I fear that I might have perished within these ruins. I owe my life to you."

Felicia took a deep curtsy towards Silvia, dust and soot falling from her hair and dress.

"My life is yours to do with as you please."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:28 pm

Silvia was slightly shocked by Felicia's actions and what the girl told her. To give another person your life was not a simple matter, not in the slightest. Sure, Felicia might have died here if they had not found her, but to offer her life up to Silvia? That was something the little dragon did not expect to hear or see. Silvia thought for a moment, if Felicia came along with her, she would surely face more dangers. They couldn't just send her to the capital city without protection, but they also couldn't waste time going all the way back to the capital.

"Felicia, I don't want you in harm's way, but it seems like there isn't much else I can do. Let me speak with the others, to see what they think we should do," Silvia said easily, standing up and brushing the dirt off her battle dress. She gestured for Felicia to follow her and with her, approached the fire, where the majority of the Guard were gathered. Gaiden was the first to notice her approach, and turned his head to face her.

"Are you done talking, Silvia?" Gaiden asked rhetorically, crossing his arms over his massive chest. Silvia nodded once and gestured again to Felicia.

"Yes. Everyone, this is Felicia. She used to live here, in Iona, like me. Now that our home has been destroyed, we don't exactly have any place to go. I've decided to deal with the dragon menace, and Felicia says that she owes us her life, and will follow us. I don't want her in harm's way, but we can't go back to the capital." Silvia paused for a moment, glancing over at Archer before focusing her gaze on Gaiden. "So I guess what I'm asking is that Felicia come with us."

Gaiden hesitated before speaking. He took a step closer to Silvia and Felicia, towering over both of the girls. Felicia was smaller than Silvia, both in height and build, most likely she was not a fighter. But there was a magic hidden within her the Gaiden could see. It was a magic not unlike Aurelia's, one of healing and supporting. Silvia may not realize it, but Gaiden could see it, Felicia would be much more useful to them than she might think.

"A pleasure to meet you, Felicia. I am Gaiden Chronir, Captain of the Royal Guard. I assume Silvia told you the purpose of our excursion? If you are prepared to face this threat with us, then we will gladly have you along." Gaiden spoke, introducing himself as the commander of the group. Having been the Captain for a good number of years, Gaiden was not quite ready to hand that title over just yet.

Gaiden gestured to the tall girl next to him, Leilah. Cloaked in shadow as she was, it took no effort for Gaiden to point her out, but may prove a small difficulty for others. "This is Leilah. Do not be frightened by her appearance, she is a loyal and trustworthy member of the Guard. There you will find Archer," Gaiden now pointed to the man with shocking red hair who stood close to the fire. "He is a brilliant young man who may eventually take the Captain position, if I ever decide to retire." Gaiden searched behind him for a bit before pointing out the last member of their little group, a person who has not yet spoken for quite some time. "Back there is Aurelia. She used to be a cloistered sister before becoming a member of the Guard. She has skill in healing magic, and therefore is a valuable member and friend."

"That's the whole of our group," Silvia mentioned, taking a step to the side. "If you have any concerns, feel free to ask any of us. Otherwise, I suppose this is your welcoming service."

Felicia joins the Party!

( ) (t) ( ) (T) ( )
( ) (F) ( ) ( ) (U)
( ) ( ) (S) ( ) ( )
( ) (G) (x) (A) ( )
( ) ( ) (L) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

Spoiler:
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Aurelia had kept silent the entire time, after all why wouldn't she? She had nothing of real importance to say, thus it would have been best if she kept quiet and not interjected in any her allies' conversations unless she needed to. After all it was her role in the group, to provide support for the others. She wasn't needed otherwise, her voice was not important in such a conversation. Even within the church her voice was a quiet one, one that was rarely ever heard. But perhaps it was for the best that she never drew attention to herself and never stood out. She was far more suited to be someone of that nature rather than one who garnered attention.

However when the young woman they had rescued, Felicia, was announced to be joining them on their excursion Aurelia felt she owed the woman at least a greeting. With everyone else gathered around the fire and Felicia a ways off near the tents she approached the young woman, noting her strange appearance but speaking nothing of it. "Hello. My name is Aurelia." she instead said with a bow out of politeness, "As our captain mentioned I am a specialist in magic. If you have questions about the group or anything feel free to ask me. I will try my best to answer."
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Felicia looked all around her as Silvia introduced her to the small crowd of people. As she had followed Silvia, she had taken care to note what had happened all around her. There were ashes still flowing in the breeze, and there seemed to be an acrid tinge of smoke in the air. Felicia had shuddered with fright. Why had this happened to the two of them? Her land of birth, her home, was now in terrible ruins, that may never be recovered by any means. She almost began to cry again, but she remembered that her life was not her own anymore. It was now Silvia's. If Silvia and the giant man had not been there for her, there would not be any of Felicia here at this very moment. With that in mind, she had straightened up and followed Silvia towards the other folks, trying to put out the sheer destruction from her mind. It was the only way she could go on.

As Silvia was beginning to introduce her to the rest of the people that were gathered around the small campsite, Felicia's mind began to whirr and wander. She wasn't entirely sure what her new fate would be now that it was no longer in her hands. Should she have just so willingly sold her soul as she had? Perhaps not, but for now there was no turning back. She had to be eternally grateful for what these people had done for her. If she had not been saved, she would no longer be alive, and that is what made her so convicted. She would be bound and determined to make sure that this group was always happy. There could be no despair within their bubble, for that is the one thing that Felicia could not stand almost as much as the sight of death: unhappiness.

As her mind was wandering, however, the giant man had walked up towards her and began to speak, snapping Felicia out of her reverie. She listened to what the man had to say, staying absolutely silent. It was quite rude to speak while others were, and now she was only a subservient maid to these people; she had to make sure that she was entirely polite from p to q. Not a smile came across her face as she as the other members of the small party were introduced. She needed to make sure that her face was entirely frozen, so that she might not burst into tears in front of her new masters. She should never show a sign of discord within her heart, the others came before her.

Silvia finished with a short statement about the small number of people being the entirety of their group. Her eyes swept over the few people that were there as Gaiden's (at least, that's what she thought she had heard the big man's name to be) had looked all across her. She knew that she didn't look entirely enticing nor did she look promising, so she would really need to prove her worth to them, to prove it to them that she was worth saving. Perhaps she wasn't, but if she wasn't, then by all that she could do, she would make sure that today just wasn't a waste of time.

As the both of them finished, Felicia merely took a small smile upon her face and deeply curtsied to the group. "It's truly and honor, and my pleasure, to work with you in the near future and beyond. I very much hope to be at your service; your wish is my command." She stood back up, the faint smile remaining on her face. Yes, her fate was truly thrown to the lions, and she would no longer have any control over it. If only her mother were anywhere around, she would be able to ask for advice, but alas, she was nowhere to be found. Not entirely unexpected considering the grim circumstances at hand, but a comforting touch is always nice to have.

As she thought, the sister named Aurelia came up to her. She said a few words and offered to let her ask questions. Felicia considered asking, whether or not a servant was allowed this rare privelege. Eventually she concluded that no, in fact, Gaiden and Silvia were her only masters, as they were the ones who had saved her from the rubble she had once called "home". She could exercise this liberty with other members of this group safely and soundly.

Felicia turned towards Aurelia and gave the same small smile she had worn when she introduced herself. "Why hello, Sister, it is truly an honor." (A small curtsy.) "As Silvia said before, my name is Felicia. I am a resident of the village of Iona, or rather, the remains of it, anyhow." She cast her eyes downwards, keeping the smile upon her face. Constant vigilance. "I do have one question, though it is not entirely magic-related, if I may."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Felicia. So the girl he had rescued from the blaze was supposed to be going with them for now? Archer nodded in approval at her upon being mentioned by Gaiden, and he couldn't help but feel a swell of pride within him at his captain's kind words. To know that the man had that much faith in him was inspiring and it made the cadet want to reach those heights without faltering, to prove to Gaiden that he could make the cut when it came to being captain. With introductions out of the way, it seemed as though Aurelia who had been rather silent so far became engrossed in conversation with Felicia leaving Silvia to her own devices. Standing up and stretching a bit, Archer meandered over to the half-dragon and gave her a reassuring smile. "It's wise for us to be with us," Archer noted, glancing at Felicia. "You know she'll be well-protected. I'm really glad she survived. It truly is a miracle." He let the words settle before returning his gaze to Silvia who seemed even more appealing being so near the fire. Feeling his face warm a bit, he let the thoughts slip away as he remembered the task at hand, and that was giving Silvia a better handle at wielding a sword. She wasn't half-bad for a beginner, but she had so much to learn.

"How do you feel about some training, Silvia?" Archer questioned, almost challengingly. The instance in the earlier battle where she tried to replicate his style flashed through his mind and he nearly laughed. Perhaps he could teach her some of the basics and she could put her own spin on things. "If you're too drained from today's events, don't force yourself," he added quickly completely forgetting all the things she had to face today. "But if you have the energy, a little physical activity might be just what you need to get your mind off things."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Silvia smiled appreciatively towards Archer, who had decided to sidle up closer to her. She didn't want to think too much about discovering Felicia, even though it did seem like a miracle that she survived. Silvia was just glad that there was someone she knew from the village, someone that could keep her company from now on. Who knows, maybe Felicia had some kind of magical talent, Gaiden welcoming the girl to the Guard seemed to have suggested that.

At the mentioning of training, Silvia's shoulders straightened in anticipation. She had been waiting for him to ask, and a part of her hoped that he would have forgotten. It had been a long day, despite the more or less uneventful traveling to the village. But since he offered, Silvia couldn't refuse him. She didn't want to seem like an ingrate, there was much that she needed to learn about swordplay.

"I'd love to start now," Silvia said quite happily, "the sooner I learn about swordplay, the more useful I will be to the Guard."

Silvia's Training

Master Skill:
-Dragonstrike - Can also Burn the target after mastering. EN cost increased to 12.

Mastering the skill forces a Party Level Up and grants 2 Stat Points to be allocated in one or both of the offensive stats.

New Skill Available:
-Flame Burst - Using fire from the pit of Silvia's stomach, she fires a burst of flame from her mouth towards a target enemy, burning the target. 120% Int DMG. Chance of Burn. 3 cell range. 6 EN.

Learning the new skill forces a Character Level Up and consumes the Skill Point.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) (A) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) (S) ( ) ( ) F
-1---2---3---4---5

Spoiler:
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Archer was no fool. He found Silvia's resolve admirable. Even after all she had been through, she would go so far as to strain herself further in order to be more useful to the Guard, as if she wasn't truly powerful enough as it was. She just needed refinement. The cadet patted her on the shoulder and asked for a moment to set things up. From the supplies, he was able to erect a training dummy on the outskirts of the camping spot. He decided to leave his naginata behind in favor for one of the spare training swords. It felt odd wielding it after so long, for he had stuck with his trusty naginata in the most fierce of battles whereas he only learned and became proficient in the sword much earlier on in life. It was true that he didn't really have any plans to become a swordmaster, but his instructors assured him it was better to learn combat basics with the sword over the naginata which was a far more complicated weapon. Regardless, now he was proficient in both, and since Silvia used a sword, then he would demonstrate using one as well. Translating sword to naginata and vice versa was difficult. Things needed to be kept simple.

Now both he and Silvia stood near the dummy. Archer entered his battle stance, legs spread a slight distance with reflexes honed to the maximum for best mobility and evasion whether it be defensive or offensive in purpose. His eyes gazed past the dummy and towards Silvia, sharp and knowing. Focused. "Let's start with something so simple, yet extremely important. That would be the grip of your sword," Archer explained. He held his sword out in front of him for Silvia to see. "You want a firm grip, but not one that is overly tight. An especially tight grip prevents your strokes from being fluid. The only time you should tighten your grip is in defense because you don't want to be disarmed, and when you go to launch a particularly powerful blow." With his grip perfect, he slashed the air three times, watching the blade weave about in front of him effortlessly. "See? It goes without saying that the blade should be an extension of your arm. Make it a part of you, and you gain more control over it. Proper grip will aid in that immensely. Go on, give it a try." He gave her an encouraging smile as he brought his sword back to its spot directly in front of him, pointed towards the dummy as if ready to attack or defend, granted the dummy wasn't about to do anything in reality. It was...well, just a dummy.

Archer uses Trigger Command: Proper Grip!
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Silvia's Training

Master Skill:
-Dragonstrike - Can also Burn the target after mastering. EN cost increased to 12.

Mastering the skill forces a Party Level Up and grants 2 Stat Points to be allocated in one or both of the offensive stats.

New Skill Available:
-Flame Burst - Using fire from the pit of Silvia's stomach, she fires a burst of flame from her mouth towards a target enemy, burning the target. 120% Int DMG. Chance of Burn. 3 cell range. 6 EN.

Learning the new skill forces a Character Level Up and consumes the Skill Point.

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) (A) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) (S) ( ) ( ) F
-1---2---3---4---5

Spoiler:

Silvia watched with mild interest as Archer began to set up a little spot for them to train. They had to do it away from the eyes of the others more so because they needed both the space and the freedom to speak. In case one of them ended up cursing in frustration, which Silvia did not expect to ever hear from Archer. He seemed so calm and controlled. Focused. She felt his eyes on him and her training began like that, with his fierce, but encouraging gaze resting upon her.

Silvia mimicked the way Archer held his sword. It was easy for her to see, thanks to her enhanced sight from the dragon's blood. Silvia wrapped her hand around the grip of her sword, another of the practice swords that Archer had fetched from their supplies. She tightened her grip up before allowing herself to relax, feeling the blade in her hand rather than just holding it. Too loose, at the first swing Silvia nearly threw her sword into the dirt. She tried again, keeping her eyes focused on what she was doing. Another swing proved to be too heavy, it didn't feel right.

Silvia paused for a moment, looking up at Archer as if she wanted to say something. She quickly changed her mind when a thought crossed her mind. Doing things with her right hand always seemed a lot clunkier than with her left. Silvia had automatically assumed that she was supposed to use her right hand for dominant tasks, like holding a sword, but what if she used her left hand instead?

Silvia threw her sword into her left hand and gripped it properly. Giving the sword an easy swing, Silvia was delighted to find out how easy it felt in her hand. She lacked power in her left hand, but the flow that Archer mentioned was there. After giving two easy swings, Silvia threw the sword back into her right hand and moved into a heavier swing. She didn't lose her grip or overexert herself.

"So that's how you do it..." Silvia murmured mostly to herself, grinning at the wooden sword in her hand. She couldn't wait to try this out with Dragonslayer. Silvia grinned at Archer for a moment, "I remember Auza sharing some of her memories with me when she was divining my soul, and there was a guy in her memory that did that sort of maneuver."

Proper Grip Learned!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next