Terraform

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Karin almost smiled as the red chip wound up in her hands. Immediately she loosened her grip on the thing, it seemed to have been made of some brittle material. If she wasn't careful, she could easily wind up breaking it, though she didn't recognize what this material was, or why it was colored this way. It was definitely not something found in her realm of living, and was definitely an advanced piece of technology.

Karin hovered her computer disk in the air, not needing to hold it as it was propelled by her own energy. She was able to scan the red chip, but upon reading the codes within, she could find no trace of any data she could read. Even with her vast knowledge of technology and codes, she couldn't seem to crack this one. However, knowing that the machines had no faulty codes in their systems, this chip was what likely caused them to become so aggressive. Almost a second after she determined this, she finally caught an intelligible program: aggrieve.exe. So it was meant to cause aggression in otherwise passive automatons. But was this a specific chip, or was the program so complex that it could affect many different types of machines? Karin couldn't tell.

Even with this long, complex code and the meaningless bits of data used to thwart inspectors like Karin, she could tell that there was still room in the chip for more data. Which means the code could become even more complex than it already was. It was difficult to ascertain how much data could be stored, but Karin figured it would be a fair amount. As for the crossbones, Karin hadn't a clue what that was all about. To her, it merely seemed like a symbol of its owner, it didn't seem to serve any purpose.

Karin was impressed with the complexity of the technology in this chip. So impressed, actually, that she turned to Masquerade and immediately asked him, "Are we going to find the maker of this chip? I'd love to see what other technology she holds." This was huge. This could be the great leap towards controlling the weather that she needed. Sure, controlling automatons and controlling the weather were two very different things, but if this coder has something else up her sleeve, something even more complex and powerful, Karin might be able to do something with it.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:20 am

Thage watched as the group coagulated, gravitating towards the largest mech that was recently felled. She stood and brushed her clothing to rid herself of the dust she had attained. She was not a real asset to the group as a whole, but rather an afterthought that had been taken at the last possible moment. What was her fate here in chaos, if her place in this group was not solidified?

There was almost no point to her placement, which both intrigued her and disappointed her. Looking from Katyusha, who hadn't yet moved, to the group once again, she decided to move forward. She knew that the party's destination was Las Vegas, but she was still not entirely sure if she was an ally of theirs. She just moved forward in the same direction she had begun in with no regard to the others, heels clicking, her mouth not uttering a single word.

She took this time to reflect a bit on where her sister could possibly be. She knew that this chaos had erupted when she was taken away from her two years ago. She could still feel the warmth of her palm as it was slipping through her grasp. She cringed and tears came to her eyes as she pressed forwards. Whether or not she was needed in this adventure, she would continue to march forward until Francine was back in her grasp. That much, she was sure of.

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:08 pm

"Remind me not to riddle you anymore; you're too much of a flatterer for your own good," Masq said ominously as he continued to pace forward in thought.  It seemed Thage was ready to press onward, silent as she was.  Katyusha also seemed rather contemplative at the time.  "Well, as long as you're willing to follow, there's no problems at all now are there?" the mysterious fellow mused as he finally came to a stop.

"Of course there's a problem!  You're an alien or something!" Renee shouted, clearly enraged that the man had escaped her bonds.  She was tempted to toss as many wires as she could at him, but chances were that he'd wind up using whatever powers he had to escape once again, so she held them tightly in her grasp more defensively than anything.  "How do we know that you're not trying to destroy the world or something?  Or maybe invade it with your followers or something?"

"Silly Renny.  You guys are my only followers.  Did you perhaps want to take over the world with me?" the stranger retorted merrily, not bothering to turn to face the raging huntress.  He got no response.  "I didn't think so."  Sighing, he thought to give Karin a positive answer to her own question.  "As for your desire to meet her, well, we will undoubtedly be encountering her soon.  She's still in the area, I can tell.  Frightening how you know when someone's around just by the amount of time you've spent with them in the past..." Masq explained, trailing off and drowning in nostalgia.  "If you're so anxious, let us be off."

That said, he moved forward with the group in tow.  Vegas awaited and so did this mysterious figure from Masq's past.  The sweltering heat didn't fade as they continued to trek along the cracked asphalt even as the sun began to descend.  The looming steel walls in the distance that surrounded Vegas grew larger and larger the closer they came.  The heaps of junk littering the road seemed to become more scarce as they drew nearer to the city, and the road itself actually appeared to get into better condition--the asphalt nice and black with newly painted lines.  It must have been a fairly recent renovation.  By the time they reached the city gates, the sun was gently flirting with the horizon, and the heat of the day was beginning to be replaced by the coolness of the night.

Standing in front of the gates, someone blocked their path.  She was a beautiful woman by all meanings of the word.  Her long, dirty blonde hair was blown to the side by the wind, strands covering her face at an angle from the right side of her head down to the left, obscuring her left eye from sight.  About her form was a beige trenchcoat with an undone sash allowing the bottom of the coat to sway with the breeze as well.  She wore men's khaki's and a spotless white blouse, not the least bit concerned about possibly being overdressed.  Her one visible eye was a surreal violet in hue and gazed aimlessly at the approaching group and continued to do so until they were forced to stop.  The eye honed in instantly on Masq.

"I was wonder how long it would take you to get here.  It's been too long, Masquerade."  The words were so stoic on the surface, but they possessed a hint of abrasiveness below.  This was far from a friendly reunion.  "Taking into consideration your nature, I assume you're not going to come quietly?"

Masq shrugged his shoulders and drew his blade.  "I don't know what you're talking about, Marauder.  True be it that it's been a long time, but I have no intentions of coming with you."  He spoke those words with a smile on his face, an expression that greatly contradicted his actions and the nature of this situation.  "You, on the other hand, should stop interfering with this world.  They are already suffering from chaos; why are you adding more to it?"

"You mean tampering with their simple machinery?  It was just an attempt to lure you in and oh how it worked.  Now," she replied simply, her voice trailing off.  Her hands went to her hips where two holsters could be seen attached to her black leather belt.  She took out the guns that were in the holsters.  They were bluish in color and didn't look like they were made from any material naturally found on the planet.  Twirling them with relative ease, she focused both on Masq.  "I see you've gained a harem in our time apart?" she questioned, eyebrow raised.  "If you value your lives, you will not aid this man.  I will eliminate anyone who gets in my way."

"Do you hear that children?  It's playtime with the desperate Marauder!  Ready yourselves for battle, my allies.  I promise her bark is worse than her bite."

Chapter 00-D: Suspicion Confirmed

Location: Broken Highway - Vegas Gates

Objective: Defeat the Mysterious Marauder!

Background: ~Supposed Heroism~

Achievement: Rivalry - Have Masquerade land the killing blow on Marauder. [8 AP]

{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Masq (Mysterious Stranger)
HP: 40/40
MP: 20/20
DD: 9/10
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Marauder (Mysterious Marauder)
HP: 275/275
MP: 140/140
DD: 0/10
Atk: 9
Def: 4
Int: 3
Spr: 7
Evade: 11%
Move: 4 cells

{X} - City Gates
[No Occupy]

{w} - City Walls
[No Occupy]

Players may start in rows H-I!


Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:37 pm

As she continued to walk forward, Thage had listened to the ending of the argument between Renee and Masq, and she was delighted to have absolutely zero part in it. She felt the high heat of the sun beam down upon her as it began to set, but she knew that she wouldn't overheat; there was nothing that would cause her to do so. She knew that she was underclothed just enough that she wouldn't feel stifled by the stagnant heat.

She heard the group catch up behind her, so she decided to lag behind again so that she was walking in line and in time with the mysterious stranger. His origin had no consequence on her, so long that it was her desire that was achieved, and nothing more. Francine was the only one who could possibly make her happy at this moment in time, so she would not be affected by something so mundane and trivial. That's all fine and good if the others were to get caught up in wondering about the man's mysteries, but she would have none of that.

As she continued to traverse the burning asphalt, she opened the blank tome she carried. It had absolutely no ink within, yet she still attempted to read it as if it were a schoolbook. Obviously there was nothing to gain from doing so, but she always knew that Francine loved to read odd things, and the action brought back a fond memory of her sister. That was about all that could keep her going, aside from the motivation she received from being in this travelling party. She knew though, that she would have to step up her game if she were going to keep her place.

She snapped the tome shut as she began to feel the sign of a foreign presence. Looking upward, she noticed a woman dressed in sandy colors, with long, flowing hair that almost matched the trench coat she wore. Thage felt a myriad of things in contrast to the apathy that she felt just moments before. This woman in front of her was so bizarre... and so familiar. Certainly Thage did not know who this woman was, but then again, she felt an internal kinship with her that could not be denied.

On the surface of the woman's skin, she seemed to be the same as... her... but then again, there was something quite off about her appearance that made Thage second guess herself. She knew that that person was dead, and that she had been so for the last ten years. Since she was a small child. That fact had been ingrained into her very being, seeing that there was not a single hope of getting that person back... and yet here she was. But... how could this be?

Floods of nostalgia and desire poured throughout Thage as she stared at the woman. She knew that there was no possibility of that woman having a relationship with her, yet she knew deep within her essence that she knew that this woman was, or had been, close to her at a point in time.

The wind picked up, blowing her hair out of its careful braid and coils. She felt emotions well up all throughout herself, making tears well in her eyes. Could it possibly be? Was she still alive? But how? She should have been dead, yet there she was standing before her. Certainly she was seeing a mirage. She... couldn't be alive, not after what had happened. She brought her tome closer to her chest, as if to protect her heart. She knew that this wasn't true, but her soul was telling an entirely different tale. She knew that something was off.

As she continued to stare at the woman, the emotion became too much. Tears openly falling down her face, she opened her mouth to speak. "M-mother? I-... is that you?"

[Thage starts in I3!]


Last edited by Gist on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol dat starting cell is illegal)

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Luca starts at H4!

She merely quirked an eyebrow at Masq when he responded, but she said no more on the subject. Her pace remained steady and she did not mind the argument between Renee and the stranger. Truthfully, she wished to remain as neutral as possible between them––it would be absolutely necessary if the party were to remain in tact. The man would no doubt drive the huntress to her breaking point with how testy she seemed; maintaining what little common ground they had would help in keeping her from doing something foolish.

But then that was where the question sat. How could she say that what they were currently doing wasn't foolish? Following a man clearly out of place in this world and fighting battle after battle? Had she, herself, not deigned for adventure, she probably would have questioned her own sanity. It was a rather foolish thing objectively, but, as she had said to Masq, it was what she wanted to do. Desire was the driving force. Desire would remain to do so until it ran out––if it ran out.

It was in her musings that the group was forced to a stop by woman dressed in sandy colors. Luca's hand immediately fell to the rapier at her side––the tension this woman radiated did not agree with her. And no sooner had she done so did it become perfectly obvious that a fight would be in store. This "Marauder," as Masq had called her, seemed quite keen on getting Masq to go with her, and clearly he would not. Of course fighting would be the only solution. "I don't suppose you could elaborate?" Luca asked, finally drawing her weapon. "Why, exactly, should we listen to you?"

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Karin starts at H-6

They would be going to see the person who made this technology. Karin felt excitement rising up within her, but she quickly quelled those emotions. This likely would not be a very friendly visit. Considering what the machines here tried to do to them, and considering that this person probably meant for this to happen, Karin couldn't see any situation but a bad one coming from a confrontation.

Still, Karin wanted to know more, and when the woman appeared before them, she knew she would have many questions to ask her. She might even ask one or two of them. As it seemed, currently, she would stay quiet, and observe. Observe the curious interactions between their group and this woman.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:35 pm

Katyusha starts at cell I-5

Throughout the discussion of the odd chip and the fact that this Masq was a completely different being Katyusha made no sound. Why would she have said anything? She had nothing to add to the conversation and she needed only to remember what was said in case she needed to recall that information later on. She just followed the rest of the group wordlessly, taking note of every bit of information in their argument.

When the group was stopped by the woman who seemed to be old acquaintances with the man named Masquerade Katyusha had thought nothing of it. It was just another part of the man's past that they'd have to deal with if they were to continue on this journey with him. However when the woman pulled out her weapons Katyusha's attention was almost immediately drawn to them. They gave her a very eerie feeling. The pistols and that strange blue hue seemed eerily familiar to her. She could have sworn they were something she at least had some knowledge of, just she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

Katyusha snapped herself out of the trance she had fallen in while staring into the pistols. No, she couldn't let herself get distracted by these things, familiar or not. She turned her cap and tilted it downward, hiding most of her face underneath its shadow. She needed to focus, not dwell on something that she wasn't even sure if it was important to her or not. She took out her own two pistols and pointed them toward the woman, taking a moment to aim as the two small red dots converged to a single point in the middle of her torso. "Target acquired."

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Chapter 00-D: Suspicion Confirmed

Location: Broken Highway - Vegas Gates

Objective: Defeat the Mysterious Marauder!

Background: ~Supposed Heroism~

Achievement: Rivalry - Have Masquerade land the killing blow on Marauder. [8 AP]

{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } {R} { } {L} {M} {K} { } { } { } H
{ } { } {T} { } {A} { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Masq (Mysterious Stranger)
HP: 40/40
MP: 20/20
DD: 9/10
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 30/30
MP: 25/25
DD: 0/10
Atk: 9
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 40/40
MP: 25/25
DD: 2/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 4
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Katyusha (Gunslinger)
HP: 25/25
MP: 40/40
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 8
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 50/50
MP: 40/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Marauder (Mysterious Marauder)
HP: 275/275
MP: 140/140
DD: 0/10
Atk: 9
Def: 4
Int: 3
Spr: 7
Evade: 11%
Move: 4 cells

{X} - City Gates
[No Occupy]

{w} - City Walls
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1!

Masq moves to E5.

"You know, I didn't expect you to be the jealous type, Marauder," Masq stated smoothly as he practically glissaded forward, coming to an elegant stop, blade still at the ready and completely unafraid of the twin pistols that were aimed at his chest.  It almost seemed as though he really had nothing to lose.  Marauder was a very old foe of his, and he knew her tricks and abilities quite well unless she picked up a thing or two since last they duked it out.  A clash of sword and gun.  Though before, Masq was able to use the full extent of his power--something he couldn't do now.  Not just yet.  He would wait until the last moment and finish her off once and for all, even if the others had to bear witness to what he truly was.

"Wish you were in my harem, do you?" Masq continued to tease, not worried about what the ladies in his group would have to say about it.  It was clearly just an attempt to bait Marauder into attacking him--really he was doing them a favor.  Or was he?  He gazed at Marauder cockily, tapping his foot on the ground as if just waiting for her to riddle him with bullets.

Masq waits.


Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to C2][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 17/25

R-Ability Effortless Agility activates! [+8 MP Recovered]

MP: 25/25

Renee attacks Marauder!  10 Dmg! (ATK)

Tossing her wire, Renee kept her gaze trained on the gun-wielding woman, an apparent figure from Masq's past.  There was no doubt that this woman had answers that she would need, but whether or not she'd be willing to divulge was up in the air at the moment.  The wires plunged into the wall with the aid of her mana, and off into the air she flew, drawing nearer and nearer to the wall and her target.  She landed on the asphalt with a groan and ripped the wires out of the wall only to send them hurtling forward, lashing out at the woman like whips.  Loosing more wires, Renee flipped through the air, right over Marauder's head and landed on the other side of her, instantly letting more wires strike the woman, surging through the air with astonishing speed.  Retrieving the wires, Renee remained crouched low to the ground, ready to spring at any moment.

Didn't think I'd be so into this, but if she's threatening to mow us all down, what else can we do?  Masq has answers and there's no telling if this woman can be trusted, Renee thought despairingly, a part of her mind missing the simplicity of the hunts back in the jungle around Lanaya.  She also found herself missing Nona.  The young girl would scold her for how harsh she had been.  Oh how she had been much more carefree back in the village.  She supposed the cynical and skeptical side of her had always been present, but it hadn't been needed until this jackass stranger showed up.  Her eyes shot towards Masq who was referring to them as his harem.

In his goddamn dreams...

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to C8][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 17/25

R-Ability Effortless Agility activates! [+8 MP Recovered]

MP: 25/25

Renee attacks Marauder!  10 Dmg! (ATK)


Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Luca uses Preparation on herself! Bestows Bravery!
MP: 22/30


Luca glanced at Masq briefly, running her hand across her blade as she had done previously. The harem comment certainly was new. I don't believe Renee or anyone else will take too kindly to that... she mused internally, swinging her blade through the air for practice. Her eyes met the blade as it finished slicing air, smiling a moment later in satisfaction. Her minor charm had worked––now it would be time to close in.

Luca moves to C4!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Katyusha moves to cell G-5

The woman seemed to be entirely ignoring the rest of the group, or just dismissing them to be little to no threat. Either way she was focusing most of her attention onto Masq, what with her pistols still being pointed at the man and all. Perhaps this woman would reconsider their worth after this battle. Still, she didn't want to draw the woman's attention away from Masq. If her focus were on him then there must be a good reason why she deemed him as the highest priority target, not to mention she still had no idea what exactly those pistols were. Better to have Masq take those first hits to see what they did. She moved up and stopped just within firing range and rather than calling down a barrage of missiles she merely fired from her pistols.

Katyusha attacks Marauder. 8 INT Dmg per hit, 2 hits

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Karin moves to F-6

Here she was. Right in front of them. Just...waiting. Waiting for them to make a move? That seemed like a bad idea to Karin. Why wait for the enemy to strike first, unless you have some sort of backup? This woman had none. Was she really an intelligent being? Smart enough to program a code to make normally peaceful machines into dedicated killer bots? Karin felt disappointed.

Still, with the woman's obsessive focus on Masquerade, Karin felt it would be best to offer him her protection. Although his comment about a harem confused her to the point where she almost didn't do anything. What was all this talk about jealousy and a harem, anyway? Karin thought they were only traveling together for each of them to discover something. Each of them had a goal, though Karin didn't much care about any other than her own.

Karin broke her train of thought, making her thoughts disappear entirely as she programmed a protection code in her codex, grabbed the disk, and threw it. The disk flew a short distance until it attached to Masquerade's back, where it generated a light, green shield. The disk then detached itself and zoomed back to where Karin's arm was.

Karin uses Guard Codex: Firewall on Masquerade! Grants Protect!

MP: 17/25

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Thage felt the pregnant pause between herself and the woman. She knew that there had to be some connection; the signs were everywhere. What if this woman was in fact kin to her. Maybe she knew where in the world Francine had disappeared to in all this mess. She knew that this was no ordinary encounter. She knew that there was information to be gathered from... her mother? She gulped and opened her tome.

There seemed to now be the faint ghost of a letter within the first page, though it could have easily been a mirage. Thage overlooked this with a flourish as she flipped to the familiar page. Not knowing exactly what else to do, she suppressed her pleasure and felt the mist take her this time. It wasn't very pleasant, as it felt like she was being squeezed in all the places she didn't want to be squeezed. Then, just as suddenly as it began, she felt the feeling disappear entirely. She appeared a ways away from the forming fray, looking on with a forlorn gaze at the mysterious woman.

[Thage uses Juxtaposition! [MP: 30/40]
Thage Warps to B1!
Thage's R-Ability activates!
Thage does not have to pay the additional cost! [HP: 47/50]
Chance of MP cost reduction!
Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Marauder takes 6 Dmg!

HP: 269/275

R-Ability Enigma Shift activates! [User DEF and SPR are switched]

Marauder takes 11 Dmg!

HP: 258/275

Chapter 00-D: Suspicion Confirmed

Location: Broken Highway - Vegas Gates

Objective: Defeat the Mysterious Marauder!

Background: ~Supposed Heroism~

Achievement: Rivalry - Have Masquerade land the killing blow on Marauder. [8 AP]

{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {L} {M} { } { } {R} { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Renee's Haste has 2 turns left.

Luca's Bravery has 3 turns.

Masq's Protect has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

The woman's solitary violet eye honed in on Thage instantly.  What was this nonsense about being a mother?  "I hate to burst your bubble, but I've never had kids.  My job comes first," she stated fiercely, keeping her eye moving about the battlefield for the others were starting to launch their assaults.  Marauder tried to dodge the hits that came towards her, but to no avail, granted they didn't do too terribly much to her.  Brushing off her coat, she glared at her opposition.  Apparently they were going to make this much harder than it had to be which was a shame.  They would have been able to escape unscathed, but not anymore.  Rolling along the ground, she wound up in a kneeling position near the wire girl.  "I shouldn't have to elaborate; this man is a monster.  And it's my job to make sure he never harms anyone again," she stated with such simplicity as if it should be obvious that Masq had performed dark acts of some sort.  Raising her guns she fired a bullet from each one at Masq with hopes of effectively debilitating him.  As it stood, he was the major threat.  Not to mention...to even think that he would entertain the fact that she was jealous...

Marauder moves to D8.

Marauder attacks Masq!  2 hits!  9 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Masq evades Slow][Masq is Aggrieved]

"Stop entertaining notions that I still feel something towards you, Masquerade," Marauder said coldly towards the man she had just shot, hoping that the bullets that were now lodged in his chest would add emphasis to the truth of her statement.  "If these are the kinds of women you wish to traipse around with, then by all means you can all have a wonderful time together in prison."


{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {L} { } { } { } {R} { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {M} { } D
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 2!

Masq (Mysterious Stranger) *PROTECT* *AGGRIEVE*
HP: 36/40
MP: 20/20
DD: 9/10
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 30/30
MP: 25/25
DD: 2/10
Atk: 9
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer) *BRAVERY*
HP: 30/30
MP: 22/30
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8 --- 12
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 40/40
MP: 17/25
DD: 2/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 4
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Katyusha (Gunslinger)
HP: 25/25
MP: 40/40
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 8
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 47/50
MP: 33/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Marauder (Mysterious Marauder)
HP: 258/275
MP: 140/140
DD: 2/10
Atk: 9
Def: 7
Int: 3
Spr: 4
Evade: 11%
Move: 4 cells

{X} - City Gates
[No Occupy]

{w} - City Walls
[No Occupy]


"Oh yeah.  You're so jealous."

Masq moves to E8.

Still grinning cockily, Masq dashed towards the woman and slashed at her with his blade with no hesitation.  After all, she did just shoot at him.  He figured that she wouldn't stop until he was riddled with bullet holes, so the only option left was to stop her before she stopped him...permanently.  He growled a bit as she mentioned "prison", and he hoped that that would fly over everyone's heads.  If she mentioned too much, his cover would be blown.  "How about focusing on the fight, baby doll?  Just because we haven't sparred in a while doesn't mean I'm rusty.  Last time we scuffled, if memory serves well, I won.  A close call, too.  Oh how it would have been great to end you right there and then, but then I wouldn't get to see your beautiful face again," Masq crooned, even going as far to stroke Marauder's cheek with a single finger as if he had nothing in the world to fear or lose.

Masq attacks Marauder!  8 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Sleep]

"It's cute how hard you try to end me, and yet here I am still alive," he tacked on, readying his blade for another attack, but there was a huge chance at the gunslinger wasn't about to just stand there and wait for it.  Hopefully his words would get her mind reeling, but she had always been a cold, calm, and calculating individual.  She knew what was important and was in complete control of herself.  He prayed that maybe this time she would falter.


Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to C6][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 17/25

R-Ability Effortless Agility activates! [+8 MP Recovered]

MP: 25/25

Renee attacks Marauder!  10 Dmg! (ATK)

The interactions between Masq and Marauder were starting to make Renee sick, and she really didn't appreciate how blatantly this woman just rolled over to her as if she wasn't a threat in the least bit.  The huntress was just going to have to prove otherwise.  Launching her wire, she watched it embed in the gate and soared a short distances, ripping it out and lashing at the gunner once more.  Hurling some more wire at the wall, she swept across the road, landing behind Marauder and lashing out at her back, though her previous attacks had just been brushed off.  She wondered if it would make any sort of impact this time.

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to B9][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 17/25

R-Ability Effortless Agility activates! [+8 MP Recovered]

MP: 25/25

Renee attacks Marauder!  10 Dmg! (ATK)

Crouching low to the ground and holding her wire tightly, she admitted that she was curious about the mention of prison.  Was...was Masq a criminal or something?  God, that wouldn't be surprising at all, Renee thought, letting out an exasperated sigh.  So they were consorting with a supposed fugitive maybe?  She wondered if anyone else would come to the same conclusion...or if it would even matter.  They all seemed to be pretty intent to follow Masq to the edge of the world and farther.  Time would have to tell.


Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Thage felt the disappointment surge through her like a floodgate opening great and wide. She was certain that the woman had a connection to her, but if not a mother, the who? What exactly did she really have in mind? Was this strange woman trying to play mind games with her? Was she trying to psyche her out of her goal? Beginning to feel the shards of doubt within her soul, she began to traverse back to where she had began. She knew that there was something more to that woman than a mere acquaintanceship; there was surely something!

Thage turned towards the woman once again, attempting to plead to her. If that woman had something to do with her sister's disappearance, certainly she knew something about it. "Marauder, please... Do you know of my sister, Francine?" She knew that asking her would be a long shot, but she just had to start working on this now. Maybe this person who seemed to be of the same Chaos that Masq was could really know the answer to her problem and she would finally be free of these eternal bonds and finally be reunited with her sister.

Thage raised the book and opened it to a sly page and began to mutter nonsense to herself. She just wanted retribution for the crime she had committed. She should never have let her sister go. She should have been taken instead. It was all her fault. It was all her fault. It was all her fault. "Francine... Please forgive me... It should have been me that they had taken... I wish I could have taken your place..." She slit her wrist upon the edge of the thick page; a deep, red cut that began to drip within the book. Instead of making the book stained, however, it was as if nothing had happened at all. She felt the wound began to heal just as quickly as it had been incurred. She would not be released from her bonds until her sister was found.

Thage would die trying if she had to.

[Thage moves to D1~
Thage uses Adsorption on Thage! [MP: 28/40
Thage chooses the number 43!
Thage takes 43 Piercing INT damage! [HP: 4/50]
Thage is healed for 43 HP! [HP: 47/50]
Thage's R-Ability activates!
Thage does not have to pay the additional cost! [HP: 44/50]
Thage's S-Ability activates!
Thage gains 6 MP! [MP: 34/40]
Chance of MP cost reduction!
Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Katyusha moves to cell G-8

A monster she says. The strange man named Masquerade was a monster. It wasn't too far a stretch of the imagination, considering what the man has shown to be capable of doing. He was able to put a mechanical construct to sleep, and that seemed to be a fairly sound argument for this Marauder. Now she had even more questions for the woman. But she couldn't stop to ask her now, they were on a battlefield and one does not negotiate with the enemy in the middle of a battlefield. She doubted the woman would want to answer her questions anyway, she had already opened fire on her, maybe it was possible to have asked before her gunshots went off but now she'd have to finish her off. Her questions about the guns, about Masquerade, and about the Marauder herself, can wait for later.

Katyusha attacks Marauder. 8 INT Dmg per hit, 2 hits

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Yes, it was just as Karin imagined it. The woman was focusing on Masquerade, for whatever reason. He didn't seem to care about being targeted. Actually, he seemed to enjoy being targeted. Was he some kind of masochist? Karin shook her head, she had better things to think about, what did she care of other people's tendencies and tics? She really didn't, but this Marauder fellow...she was at the very least someone worth paying attention to.

Karin moves to E-6

She may as well attack, now that she was in range. But the question was, which attacking method would be more effective?

Now that was something that really didn't matter.

Karin attacks Marauder! 4 Int DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Luca's icy eyes sharpened on the Marauder as her last comment fell from her lips. It was one thing to make a stab at someone she knew, but to comment on those who she did not know was something else entirely. The audacity of this woman! The adventurer, however, forced her usual composure; nothing good would come of getting worked up.

Luca moves to D7!

Luca attacks Marauder! 12 Atk Damage!


Just as swiftly as the Marauder had moved, so had Luca, landing a rather powerful strike of her own. The little bit of preparation she had taken really had its benefits. All that was left was to hope the Marauder wouldn't suddenly focus on her. Masq may have enjoyed getting shot, especially with that shield surrounding him, but Luca most certainly did not want anything of the sort.

Not at all.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Marauder takes 1 Dmg!

HP: 257/275

Marauder evades Sleep!

R-Ability Enigma Shift activates! [User DEF and SPR are switched]

Marauder takes 23 Dmg!

HP: 234/275

Chapter 00-D: Suspicion Confirmed

Location: Broken Highway - Vegas Gates

Objective: Defeat the Mysterious Marauder!

Background: ~Supposed Heroism~

Achievement: Rivalry - Have Masquerade land the killing blow on Marauder. [8 AP]

{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{T} { } { } { } { } { } {L} {M} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } {M} { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {A} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Renee's Haste has 1 turn left.

Luca's Bravery has 2 turns left.

Masq's Protect has 2 turns left.

Masq is Aggrieved for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

Marauder moves to C6.

Stepping back, Marauder rolled along the asphalt with as much grace as she could possibly muster which wound up making the movement appear effortless as she stood back up, guns aimed at Masq.  In the end, she decided to ignore the man.  Trying to rile her up?  That was pointless.  Long had she come to terms with the way things were, and there wasn't anything he could say to change that.  Let him waste his breath; she would keep hers for a long time.  Her violet eye however pinpointed Thage and sharpened.  What was this girl trying to get out of her?  Was it not evident that she knew nothing?  Marauder genuinely tried to remember if she had seen the girl or anyone like her before, but no memory breached the surface.  She didn't look familiar.  "Listen girl, I've never met a Francine before in my life nor have I heard of one.  I'm sorry to disappoint," she said bluntly with a solemn tinge, shaking her head.  Her eye opened up on Masq now and she fired two more shots.

"I don't know what you promised these girls but now it occurs to me that they're all deluded.  I will save them from your clutches through one means or another."

Marauder attacks Masq!  2 hits!  9 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Masq is Slowed][Masq evades Aggrieve]


{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } C
{T} { } { } { } { } { } {L} { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } {M} { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {A} { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 3!

Masq (Mysterious Stranger) *PROTECT* *AGGRIEVE* *SLOW*
HP: 32/40
MP: 20/20
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 30/30
MP: 25/25
DD: 4/10
Atk: 9
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer) *BRAVERY*
HP: 30/30
MP: 22/30
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8 --- 12
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 40/40
MP: 17/25
DD: 3/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 4
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *ENERGY COLLECTION [8]*
HP: 25/25
MP: 40/40
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 8
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 44/50
MP: 34/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Marauder (Mysterious Marauder)
HP: 234/275
MP: 140/140
DD: 4/10
Atk: 9
Def: 4
Int: 3
Spr: 7
Evade: 11%
Move: 4 cells

{X} - City Gates
[No Occupy]

{w} - City Walls
[No Occupy]


Masq moves to C7.

More of the slugs struck the barrier and managed to make it through, barely lodging themselves into his torso.  He was certainly grateful that they weren't hitting him full force, but the magical effects were starting to wear him down.  Sluggishly, he dashed after Marauder, managing to make it to her, but the lag was so great that he couldn't even raise his blade against her.  "They're not deluded, Marauder; I promised them the truth and the truth they will receive," Masq spoke, staring right into her violet eye, giving her a mischievous smile.  It felt terrible being debilitated as he was, but they weren't effects that were new to him.  They would wear off given enough time, but until that time came, he was a very vulnerable target for Marauder, and by the looks of things, she sympathized with the girls so he would be the only target in her eyes.  He supposed this was for the best, but he had no intention of dying today.  He would do whatever it took to remove this obstacle from the path towards his true goal.

Masq waits.


Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to B4][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 17/25

R-Ability Effortless Agility activates! [+8 MP Recovered]

MP: 25/25

Renee attacks Marauder!  10 Dmg! (ATK)

Renee launched her wire towards the gate, watching as it managed to pierce the hard structure--something she was quite thankful for.  Lunging into the air, she swung overhead until she wound up behind Marauder.  She kept attacking Masq but did she not realize who the true threat was?  Well I'm not particularly in the mood to be riddled with bullets.  Better let Masq play that role, Renee thought nonchalantly, ripping her wire from the gate and using it to lash out at Marauder only to swiftly hurl it back towards the wall where she had come from before.  Flying through the air again, she landed on her feet.  A quick flick of the wrist and the wire surged out of the wall and was sent flying towards Marauder again.  This woman was way too hardy.  There was no doubt that she was experienced in combat, but to be withstanding this caliber of assault was more than surprising.

Where did she come from, even? Renee pondered briefly in exasperation as she recalled her wire and waited for her next opportunity to strike.  Masq had been rendered useless for the time being and the others weren't doing much save for Luca.  If they let the battle drag on, then someone was going to wind up seriously injured.  And Nona isn't around to use her gift...  The miracle of resurrection.  What a wondrous thing to behold.  Hopefully no one here would have need of such a miracle..except maybe Masq.  He could die for all she cared, even if that meant the truth behind the Cataclysm would be lost with him.

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to B8][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 17/25

R-Ability Effortless Agility activates! [+8 MP Recovered]

MP: 25/25

Renee attacks Marauder!  10 Dmg! (ATK)


Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:16 pm

There it was again, Masquerade was being pelted by bullets. Thanks to her barrier, he wasn't taking nearly as much damage as he should have been. Any other person would have made sure he would thank her later, but Karin honestly didn't care. She found her job as a support character to be more suited to her magic than dealing damage. She would leave that up to the others, she would just make sure they didn't die. Still, her barrier didn't seem to be blocking the toxins on the bullets, which was a problem.

Karin began typing in her new code into the small disk on her arm. It was around here somewhere, the code she found before for clearing the body of viruses. Unfortunately, it was a temporary effect that wasn't very strong. At most, she could only target one virus or bug in the body to alleviate. She chose to target the more severe effect, the slowing effect that Masquerade seemed to have.

Finishing her code, Karin took the disk off her arm once more and threw it at Masquerade. It stopped just above his head and hovered there for just a second before shoving a painful-looking needle into the top of his head. A second later, the needle was removed and disappeared back into the disk, which then returned to Karin.

Karin uses a Guard Codex: Sweeper on Masq! Target: Slow

MP: 9/25

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:36 am

When Thage heard the words pour out of Marauder's mouth, she almost burst into tears. She had foolishly placed so much hope in something she didn't even know about, something that she had only recently become acquainted with. She knew that there had to have been something that she had in common with with that strange woman... But as she continued to just stare at her image, the more she seemed to be quite unlike herself or her sister. Those violet eyes, the way she surely held herself, the texture of her hair... This woman was of no relation to her. Thage was absolutely glum. What hadn't she done right? Where had she gone wrong? She stayed sunken on her knees, collapsing into herself. It was all over. Her search had went back to square one. Francine would be dead by the time she found her... and it would be all her fault.

"They're not deluded, Marauder; I promised them the truth and the truth they will receive,"

Thage twitched a bit. She did recall being promised an adventure of sorts, one of thrills and spills and chills galore, but never once did she remember being told that she would find truth. Lies and deceit now leaked from the strange man's lips, and she turned her sparkling green bloodshot eyes towards Masquerade. He had promised them so much, yet he delivered upon so little. He kept so many secrets from the party yet freely spoke of what he would grant to them. That bastard would pay. She was absolutely silent, but her mind was running amok with sheer hatred of that man. The man who "promised them the truth" would most certainly pay for keeping it hidden for so long.

[Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Luca moves to C5!

She had been in range to hit the woman several times, but for whatever reason, Luca chose to go around the woman. Something in the pit of the Adventurer's stomach told her now was not the opportune moment. It would come, definitely, but not yet. For now she would land a simple strike against the woman, hopefully dealing some sort of damage. Her preparation was starting to fade...

Luca attacks Marauder! 12 Atk Damage!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Katyusha moves to cell G-7

This woman, was what she was saying really true? Has Masq actually been lying about showing them the truth and only planned to use them for whatever machinations he had planned? It was difficult to believe that this man who had helped them navigate this unforgiving land all this time but not impossible. Katyusha had heard many stories of betrayal on the battlefield, it was always a terrible thing. But she couldn't let doubt cloud her mind now, she was in combat. However she would have to keep an eye out now more than ever. She took some time to rposition herself and launching a barrage of rockets at the woman. She would get some answers after this battle was taken care of, one way or another.

Katyusha expends Energy
EC: 0

Katyusha uses Hornet's Nest on Marauder. 8 INT Dmg per hit, 8 hits
MP: 40/40

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Marauder takes 6 Dmg!

HP: 228/275

R-Ability Enigma Shift activates! [User DEF and SPR are switched]

Marauder takes 37 Dmg!

HP: 191/275

Marauder evades Renee's attack!

Chapter 00-D: Suspicion Confirmed

Location: Broken Highway - Vegas Gates

Objective: Defeat the Mysterious Marauder!

Background: ~Supposed Heroism~

Achievement: Rivalry - Have Masquerade land the killing blow on Marauder. [8 AP]

{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } B
{ } { } { } { } {L} {M} {M} { } { } C
{T} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {A} { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Renee's Haste fades.

Luca's Bravery has 1 turn left.

Masq's Protect has 1 turn left.

Masq is Aggrieved for 1 more turn.

Masq is no longer Slowed.

Enemy Phase.

Marauder moves to D4.

They really were in his grasp.  They had no idea what had really happened to this world.  It made Marauder all the more furious that he would even DARE to step foot on this planet after what had happened.  There was more to all of this than met the eye; it appeared as though she would have to meddle around some more until she was positive that she could contain this situation.  The people had adapted so well, but they certainly needed some help.  Though she knew that as long as she existed on this planet, Masq would interfere with her affairs and that would NOT do.  No longer.  Dodging around the rapier-wielding woman, she rolled along the ground and stood up, firing both her guns rapidly as soon as she had decent footing, watching as a spray of dark bullets blasted her opposition, shredding the very spells that empowered and protected them.

Marauder uses Cursed Barrage! Hits Masq, Renee, Luca, Karin, and Katyusha!  7 Dark Dmg! (ATK) [Dispels all beneficial status]

MP: 126/140

Raising one of her guns at Masq, she faltered for but a moment.  "The truth is right in front of their eyes, Masq.  And once they realize it, you're done for...if I don't finish you off first!!"  The bang resounded through the air as she pulled the trigger, a rather large slug soaring through the air and piercing right through Masq's torso.  "And oh how I do hope I have the satisfaction of ending you."

Marauder uses Armor-Shredding Shell on Masq!  9 Dmg! (ATK) [Target DEF -50%]

MP: 118/140


{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } B
{ } { } { } { } {L} { } {M} { } { } C
{T} { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {K} { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {A} { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 4!

Masq (Mysterious Stranger) *AGGRIEVE*
HP: 24/40
MP: 20/20
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 4 --- 2
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress)
HP: 27/30
MP: 25/25
DD: 5/10
Atk: 9
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer)
HP: 28/30
MP: 22/30
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 38/40
MP: 9/25
DD: 3/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 4
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *ENERGY COLLECTION [2]*
HP: 22/25
MP: 40/40
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 8
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 44/50
MP: 34/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Marauder (Mysterious Marauder)
HP: 191/275
MP: 118/140
DD: 10/10
Atk: 9
Def: 7
Int: 3
Spr: 4
Evade: 11%
Move: 4 cells

{X} - City Gates
[No Occupy]

{w} - City Walls
[No Occupy]


Masq moves to D5.

"You really do have a thing for making me bleed, don't you?"  Masq was in Marauder's face so suddenly, a few black feathers slowly falling through the air behind him, but where they had come from was anyone's guess.  A creepy smile was etched upon Masq's usually whimsical face, his hand over the drastic bullet wound Marauder had given him.  He raised his palm in front of his face and lapped at the crimson blood upon it, offering it to Marauder.  "This is what you wanted right?  You want me to die so badly..."  A brutal gash appeared on Marauder's torso, blood leaking down Masq's blade.  "You're going to have to try harder than that."  Even though he put on a very good front, Masq knew that he couldn't have her whittle away at his life force like she was doing at the risk of having to access his true power ahead of time.  He was saving it for when he would truly need it, and that was when THEY were able to subdue HER.

"You know, Marauder, it's best they don't realize the truth until they actually stand a chance," he whispered to her so that the others wouldn't hear.  A dangerous gleam filled his icy blue eyes for a mere second as he gazed right into Marauder's only visible violet one.  But the gleam faded, and so did the craze.  A smile replaced all of that and he entered a respectable battle stance, sword at the ready for another strike.

Masq attacks Marauder!  8 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Sleep]


Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to B3][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 17/25

R-Ability Effortless Agility activates! [+8 MP Recovered]

MP: 25/25

Renee uses Wire Pierce on Marauder!  12 Dmg! (ATK)

"What...what the hell?!" Renee cried out as the blast of bullets pierced her.  They didn't really hurt all that much, but the negative energy attached to them left her with a pit in her stomach.  She didn't like it; not one bit.  Even after that, Marauder focused on Masq who was right quick to counterattack her but...  Her eyes caught sight of the feathers, and she shot out her wire, watching it embed in the city walls once more.  Crouching and leaping, she swung over everyone's heads, snatching one of the feathers and claiming it for herself.  Landing smoothly, she held the thing up and examined it.  It looked like...an angel feather?  A black angel feather.  It was so much softer and more groomed than a wild bird feather, not to mention it was slightly structured differently.  Her eyes focused on Masq.  They couldn't have come from him...right?  Surely not.  Maybe he kept a bunch on his person and tossed them out for dramatic effect; she wouldn't put that kind of act past him but...

Shaking her head, Renee glanced at Marauder.  Now that the bitch had attacked them all, there was no going back.  She loosed her wire quickly, watching the very tips pierce into the woman like knives with any luck.  The woman was rather evasive having successfully dodged one of her previous lashings.  She hoped this time that Marauder would not be so lucky.

Renee waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:04 am

Luca cringed. Despite having been able to knock a couple of the strange bullets off of the buckler on her arm, one had actually hit her. Whatever the Marauder had enchanted those bullets with, it made her feel like she had just finished vomiting. "Hmph," she grunted, trying to force the sick from her system. It didn't work, but she refused to let the woman and her allies believe she had been affected so severely.

Her allies.

Masq had been riddled with bullet after bullet––the woman was relentless! With how much the stranger was bleeding, Luca held no doubt that he would be dead soon if the woman's focus wasn't drawn elsewhere. She felt her gaze shift to Renee for the briefest of moments. We'll never get our answers if he drops dead. she reasoned, raising her rapier in an offensive stance once more. She was sure she could not make herself the bigger threat damage-wise, but perhaps...

Yes.

She would have to bait the woman in a less tasteful way.

Luca uses Onset on Marauder! 2 Hits! 11 Damage per Hit!
Remaining MP: 16/30


Luca uses Onset on Marauder! 2 Hits! 11 Damage per Hit!
Remaining MP: 10/30


Two lashes from the weapon was all she needed to at least grab the woman's attention briefly. Luca pulled away with ease, raising her buckler for any direct counter to her actions. "It appears to me," she began steadily, ever wary, "you quite a few issues." Once more Luca slashed twice, hoping to keep the woman on her toes as she taunted. "Sadism is one thing, but if you're this repressed I believe you need a different outlet. Have you tried working out your problems yourself?"

Oh how she hoped this would work.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Thage watched as Marauder let loose a hail of bullets upon all her comrades. She knew that she should have been out there with them as they received the fire, but what use was there in taking hits alongside that wretched liar. She was looking darkly at the pair of them: that strange woman and Masq. The pair of them were keeping so much from her. Sure, there might have been emotion behind the woman's words as she denied all of Thage's claims. Still, though, all emotions can be falsified, and she was confident that there was something more to the woman, especially considering her relation. She knew that there simply had to be something there, but the woman would not budge.

Her mood darkened even more as there were things that looked like conversation passing between them that she could not hear. Or she could simply be imagining it. She knew that she needed to reduce the amount of injury that was being given to her vessel. He, however deceitful he was, was her only source of information about the world they were exploring since the Cataclysm had taken her sister two years ago. All she could do was wait and hope. If too much more of Masq was taken by the woman, she would have to take on his ghastly wounds. That wouldn't be too much fun.

She took a small phial of a clear amorphous substance and began to dab it among her own scrapes. She needed to be at her prime if she was going to bring Masq back to his. She winced as she dabbed it on each scrape, feeling her skin come back together and the pain sharpening, then diminishing. After it was complete, she brushed down her skirt which was beginning to come up a bit farther than she normally would have liked.

Still absolutely silent, she looked at Masq, opening her empty tome, ready to take on his weight.

Her body was ready.

[Thage uses a Salve!
10 HP recovered! [HP: 50/50]
Remaining in Inventory: 2
Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:22 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum