Terraform

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Dynamo takes 16 Dmg!

Dynamo KO!

Ace takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 10/15

Ace evades Burn!

Chapter 00-A: Phantasmal Falls

Location: Caranda Falls - Mythic Crest

Objective: Defeat the Ethereal Leviathan!

Background: ~Visage of Fear~

Achievement: Unfaltering Courage - Have all characters resist the effects of Inspire Fear in the same turn. [12 AP]

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{C} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } {L} { } { } {~} {C} {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } {A} {~} {~} {~} G
{t} {R} {A} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} H
{ } {T} {S} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } {K} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Renee's Haste has 2 turns left.

Luca's Shell has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Cadial uses Inspire Fear!

Stranger evades Fear!

Renee evades Fear!

Luca is Feared!

Karin is Feared!

Katyusha evades Fear!

Thage is Feared!

MP: 26/40

Cadial activates Eternal Thirst! [+2 MP Recovered]

MP: 28/40

Cadial waits.

Ace activates Prime! [Next attack is Critical]

Ace waits.

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{C} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } {L} { } { } {~} {C} {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } {A} {~} {~} {~} G
{t} {R} {A} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} H
{ } {T} {S} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } {K} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 2!

Stranger (???)
HP: 35/35
MP: 15/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 6
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
DD: 4/10
Atk: 7
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer) *FEAR*
HP: 25/25
MP: 25/25
DD: 3/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer) *FEAR*
HP: 30/30
MP: 12/20
DD: 1/10
Atk: 4
Def: 4
Int: 4
Spr: 3
Evasion: 3%
Move: 3

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *SURE HIT* *ENERGY COLLECTION [3]*
HP: 20/20
MP: 22/30
DD: 9/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress) *FEAR*
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Cadial (Ethereal Leviathan)
HP: 65/65
MP: 28/40
DD: 0/10
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells --- 6 cells

Dynamo (Cannon Clam) *KO*

Ace (Cannon Clam) *PRIMED*
HP: 10/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

{C} - Locked Chest
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open.  Requires Skeleton Key x1.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Tropical Tree
[No Occupy]

{~} - Rushing Rapids
[No Occupy]

{=} - Cliff Edge
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Push Over. Shoves adjacent target off the cliff.  Range: User must be adjacent to target.]

{;} - Falls
[No Occupy]


Stranger moves to H5.

The stranger merely smirked at Renee's outburst and glissaded over to the water's edge, not at all fearful of the beast that dwell within.  Talk about being the pied piper and leading the rest of them to their deaths.  How absurd!  With his degree of power?  "I assure you that none of you will be dying on my watch," he stated so gravely...it had to have been the most serious his tone had been since the speech.  The grip on his blade tightened, and as the leviathan unleashed a terrible wail, he didn't even flinch.  The resolve was evident in those bang-covered eyes of his.  "You should take Thage's example in high regard, Renee," he directed towards the brazen huntress after the noise had subsided, though the roar of the falls was a constant.  "I know many things, but I certainly don't know everything.  Otherwise, why would I be on this quest?  I'm searching for the answer to something I don't know."

Stranger waits.


Renee sighed wearily as the woman, Thage, pleaded with her to calm, and so the huntress obliged albeit begrudgingly.  The humidity of the jungle wasn't helping with her mood, for her hair stuck to her forehead due to the sweat that was forming a film across her brow and dripping down her face every few minutes.  Renee shrugged off the wail with ease, and expressed no surprise when next the stranger spoke--her name.  So he knew her name as well.  That certainly wasn't creepy.  Claiming to not know everything...but how the hell did he know her name?!  "You're only making me angrier," she stated with such a dire venom that if words could kill, the stranger would probably be quaking in fear.  "But I guess I've made my decision."

Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to F5][Next attack deals 10% damage]

MP: 14/20

Renee attacks Cadial!  2 hits!  8 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Loosing her wire, Renee turned to face the leviathan.  She needed to take out some of this rage.  She wasn't usually an angry person, but something about the stranger just pissed her off.  The wire soared through the air suddenly, wrapping around the leviathan's fin.  She leaped into the air and descended in a spot closer to the water, ripping her wire back only to wind up lashing out at the beast a couple of times, crimson blood leaking from the resulting wounds and dripping into the pure rapids in which the beast resided.  Now this was more like it.  She could feel a greater distortion upon getting that close, but she ignored it.  She wondered if her allies would be okay; several seemed to be quite shaken up.  All Renee knew was that she wasn't about to let this thing get the best of her.  She would not die.  There were too many unresolved issues.

Renee waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Thage heard the otherworldly cry of the leviathan and she knelt in pure fear. It reminded her of the sound of the Gates of Chaos when they began to open. She looked back on those days with sad reminiscence. She watched as her sister left for the last time into the door of otherworldly colors. "FRANCIIIIIIINE!" Thage let out her own wail full of anger and sorrow as her eyes glazed over. She was useless once again. She would never find her sister. She would get them all killed... It's all her fault...

[Thage is affected by Fear! Thage cannot Act!]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Katyusha moves to cell G-5

The serpent creature let out a loud terrifying cry, one that seemed to send tremors into the ground. Many of the others seemed quite frightened by the sound and although Katyusha was still able to move her body it would be a lie to say that she was completely unfazed. She barely had enough strength in her legs not to collapse and she slowly approached the monster. Taking a deep breath Katyusha pointed her guns at the serpent and bombarded it with another series of rockets.

Katyusha uses Hornet's Nest on Cadial. 6 Int Dmg per hit, 8 hits
MP: 4/30

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 am

Luca had turned around with every intention to inspect that chest, but as she began to make her way over the beast behind released a freakish wail. The adventurer faltered for a moment, white-knuckling her rapier and freezing in place. "Damn it." she cursed under her breath, fighting the shaking that started in her legs with all the strength she could muster. The beast sounded like the massacre; like the sirens. The damned creatures that had attacked her village and taken her parents. Shutting her eyes tightly, the adventurer let out a shaky breath, sucking in more air in an attempt to calm down. "Get a hold of yourself. Now." she demanded internally, the shaking slowing but never coming to a halt.

It was a losing fight for now.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Karin waits.

She felt a sudden pressure overcome her. It wasn't something alien, it was a feeling she knew all too well. Like any of the villagers, it was panic time when monsters came to visit. Luckily for Karin, she had always been an innovator when it came to dealing with pests and weaker beasts. But this? She would never be able to handle something like this on her own. Her own limbs were paralyzed and she couldn't feel even the tips of her fingers.

Karin shuddered involuntarily, unable to wait for the overwhelming sense of fear to pass. She had to get a hold of herself. What kind of scientist would she be if she succumbed to such tricks as these? Karin knew the source of her fear. But she couldn't do anything to stop it.

Innovate, Karin.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Cadial takes 36 Dmg!

HP: 29/65

Chapter 00-A: Phantasmal Falls

Location: Caranda Falls - Mythic Crest

Objective: Defeat the Ethereal Leviathan!

Background: ~Visage of Fear~

Achievement: Unfaltering Courage - Have all characters resist the effects of Inspire Fear in the same turn. [12 AP]

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{C} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } {L} {R} { } {~} {C} {~} F
{ } { } { } { } {A} {A} {~} {~} {~} G
{t} { } { } { } {S} { } {~} {~} {~} H
{ } {T} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } {K} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Renee's Haste has 1 turn left.

Luca's Shell has 2 turns left.

Luca's Fear fades.

Karin's Fear fades.

Thage's Fear fades.

Enemy Phase.

Cadial moves to B5.

Cadial uses Phantasm Ray!  Hits Stranger, Renee, and Katyusha!  9 Dmg! (INT) [Target SPR -10%]

MP: 10/40

Cadial activates Eternal Thirst! [+2 MP Recovered]

MP: 12/40

Ace uses Bombard!  I5, I6, and J6 are targeted!  Hits Stranger!  8 Dmg! CRITICAL!! (ATK) [Stranger is Burned]

MP: 15/25

Ace waits.

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } { } { } {C} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{C} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } {L} {R} { } {~} {~} {~} F
{ } { } { } { } {A} {A} {~} {~} {~} G
{t} { } { } { } {S} { } {~} {~} {~} H
{ } {T} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } {K} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 3!

Stranger (???) *BURN [3]*
HP: 22/35
MP: 15/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 6
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4 --- 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 21/25
MP: 14/20
DD: 6/10
Atk: 7
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 5 --- 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer)
HP: 25/25
MP: 25/25
DD: 3/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 12/20
DD: 1/10
Atk: 4
Def: 4
Int: 4
Spr: 3
Evasion: 3%
Move: 3

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *SURE HIT* *ENERGY COLLECTION [7]*
HP: 15/20
MP: 4/30
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 4 --- 3
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Cadial (Ethereal Leviathan)
HP: 29/65
MP: 12/40
DD: 3/10
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells --- 6 cells

Dynamo (Cannon Clam) *KO*

Ace (Cannon Clam)
HP: 10/15
MP: 15/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

{C} - Locked Chest
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open.  Requires Skeleton Key x1.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Tropical Tree
[No Occupy]

{~} - Rushing Rapids
[No Occupy]

{=} - Cliff Edge
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Push Over. Shoves adjacent target off the cliff.  Range: User must be adjacent to target.]

{;} - Falls
[No Occupy]


Stranger moves to H6.

"And a fine decision it is," the stranger mused to himself not loud enough for Renee to hear.  For now he would let the huntress enjoy her little hunt.  In time she would come to understand what was truly at stake.  If only things could be solved by questing around the world--such a simple resolution there would be.  Things were not going to be that easy, and it was now that the stranger decided to take initiative, sidling to the right only to wind up looming over the strange cannoneer clam that had managed to catch him in one of its blasts.  The pearls these creature shot seemed to contain explosive and highly unstable reagents making it easy to ignite a combustion reaction with them.  The man brushed some of the ash from his garments before raising his blade.

"Now to tie up loose ends."  The sword fell, slicing through the air and eventually cutting into the shell of the clam, the blade making a slight raking sound as it left a gash in its mark.  The stranger pulled back his blade and watched the clam start to shut its shell slowly, almost as if it were blinking drowsily.  Many a time he had seen such a reaction, so he was quite aware of what was happening to the creature--it was succumbing to his magic and as such was drifting away into a pleasant slumber that would eventually end in its demise.

Stranger attacks Ace!  6 Dmg! (ATK) [Ace falls Asleep]


Renee uses Canopy Glide! [Moves to B3][Next attack deals 10% more damage]

MP: 8/20

Renee attacks Cadial!  8 Dmg! (ATK)

Renee was definitely getting into the killing mood as she loosed her wire to wrap around one of the faraway tree branches.  Leaping into the air, she swung by her wire in an arc, winding up closer to the relocated serpent.  The ray it fired had shaken her very core, but the heart of the huntress would not be dissuaded from eliminating her chosen prey.  She could feel in her being the weakness plaguing the scaled monster; it was on the brink of death, or at least drawing nearer to that point.  Renee stared down the beast, glad that the stranger had not deigned to speak another word to her.  She needed focus and greatly desired silence...at least from the man that was supposedly searching for the truth, but even that said, she couldn't help but feel as though he were hiding something...or more than just something.  There were probably plenty of secrets floating around in that mind of his, and her and the others would be forever left in the dark until it was too late.

Lashing out wildly, the wire snapped the tree branch clear off the tree as it was redirected towards the serpent, the thin twine slashing at the scaly hide of the leviathan with great ease as if the wire were made of blades itself.  Pulling back the wire, Renee relished the feeling of the warm, sticky blood that coated her hunting weapon.  It was proof of the anguish she was causing her foe--proof of how close she was to claiming her prize.

Renee waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:35 pm

The fear was gone, she could move again. Karin shuddered, getting the final bits of that awful feeling out of her system. She needed to help in whatever way she could here. She scooted herself around the stranger in front of her and locked her eyes on one of the girls that had gotten hit by the beast they were fighting. She seemed to take quite a bit of damage, enough to cause Karin to use her healing ability.

Karin tapped her computer-like disk a few times, accessing a code that was already written. She could feel her reserves emptying, her suit would need to charge up after the battle was over. Good thing was, once combat mode was no longer engaged, the suit would direct energy to restoring it's energy supply, rather than making sure she stayed alive. It was not as necessary when danger was not present.

Karin was sure glad she made this suit. She wouldn't be able to access Mana without it. That would not be a good deal. Breaking her thought pattern, Karin took the disk off of her wrist and threw it at her target. The disk, like it did before, landed on the girl's back and attached itself to her for a moment. But instead of placing an instrument and leaving, it poked a needle into the girl's spinal cord and injected her full of nanobots, which would heal her wounds. Already, she was starting to look better.

Karin moves to H-3

Karin uses her Guard Codex: Security Essentials on Katyusha! 5 HP restored!

MP: 4/20

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Thage shuddered as the awful vision went away from her. Her eyes were bloodshot because of the tears that leaked from them. Ignoring the sting of the salt, she scanned the battlefield for what she had missed. The hundreds had moved towards the other sea creature and looked like she had injured it. Karin had used her computer on her suit and healed Katyusha. She decided that it was finally her turn to be useful. The stranger seemed to be hurt quite a bit. "Be healed!" With a sensual moan and a bright white light, she sinewed the stranger's wounds back together and felt the same wounds open on her own skin. The deed was done.

[Thage uses Adsorption! [MP: 24/30]
Thage sacrifices 13 HP! [HP: 17/30]
Stranger is healed for 13 HP!
Chance of waiving 25% of the MP cost!

Thage waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 am

The adventurer stamped her foot, commanding herself to calm down and focus once more. She felt her grip relax shortly afterwards and she breathed a sigh of relief. Now she could actually do something. Everyone else seemed keen on going after the large monstrosity, but the chest still stood off a short distance away; Luca's decision was made rather quickly.

Luca moves to C2!

Pulling a skeleton key from the pouch on her side, Luca jammed it into the lock and turned. A click resounded and the key broke as expected. Ignoring the key, however, the adventurer lifted the lid of the chest and pulled out the contents, eyes flitting back over to the leviathan. She would have to get into the fight soon–the thing was not looking good which could only mean trouble for them.

Luca uses a Skeleton Key on Chest C1! Target Chest is unlocked!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Katyusha moves to cell E-4

Instead of attempting to frighten all of them with its roar once again the beast opted to fire a beam at a few members of the group. And its bark was definitely not worse than its bite. Whatever that beam was it hurt, quite a bit, and Katyusha felt somehow more vulnerable. However whatever damage the monster had caused with its beam was quickly taken care of by the girl with the suit. Katyusha took a moment to turn her head back to thank the girl before repositioning herself and firing her pistols at the remaining clam. She didn't have enough energy to call down any more barrages however she may be able to borrow some of the others' used energy.

Katyusha attacks Ace. 6 INT Dmg per hit, 2 hits

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:16 pm

Luca opens the Chest! [Salve acquired]

Cadial takes 6 Dmg!

HP: 23/65

Ace takes 18 Dmg!

Ace OVERKILL!!

Chapter 00-A: Phantasmal Falls

Location: Caranda Falls - Mythic Crest

Objective: Defeat the Ethereal Leviathan!

Background: ~Visage of Fear~

Achievement: Unfaltering Courage - Have all characters resist the effects of Inspire Fear in the same turn. [12 AP]

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } {R} { } {C} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{ } {L} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } {A} { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} G
{t} { } {K} { } { } {S} {~} {~} {~} H
{ } {T} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Renee's Haste fades.

Luca's Shell has 1 turn left.

Stranger's SPR Reduction has 5 turns.

Renee's SPR Reduction has 5 turns.

Katyusha's SPR Reduction has 5 turns.

Stranger is Burned for 2 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Cadial moves to C3.

Cadial uses Storm Surge!  Hits Renee, Luca, and Katyusha!  7 Water Dmg! (INT)

MP: 2/40

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } {R} { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{ } {L} {C} { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } {A} { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} G
{t} { } {K} { } { } {S} {~} {~} {~} H
{ } {T} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 4!

Stranger (???) *BURN [3]*
HP: 32/35
MP: 15/15
DD: 2/10
Atk: 6
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4 --- 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress)
HP: 18/25
MP: 8/20
DD: 7/10
Atk: 7
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 5 --- 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Luca (Adventurer)
HP: 23/25
MP: 25/25
DD: 3/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 10%
Move: 5 cells

Karin (Computation Engineer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 4/20
DD: 1/10
Atk: 4
Def: 4
Int: 4
Spr: 3
Evasion: 3%
Move: 3

Katyusha (Gunslinger) *SURE HIT* *ENERGY COLLECTION [10]*
HP: 11/20
MP: 4/30
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 4 --- 3
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

Thage (Arcane Mistress)
HP: 17/30
MP: 24/30
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Cadial (Ethereal Leviathan)
HP: 23/65
MP: 2/40
DD: 6/10
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Dynamo (Cannon Clam) *KO*

Ace (Cannon Clam) *OVERKILL*

{t} - Tropical Tree
[No Occupy]

{~} - Rushing Rapids
[No Occupy]

{=} - Cliff Edge
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Push Over. Shoves adjacent target off the cliff.  Range: User must be adjacent to target.]

{;} - Falls
[No Occupy]


Stranger waits.

Relief.  It was quite welcome and sudden, and he knew where the magic had originated before looking.  "Why thank you, Thage.  I appreciate it greatly," the stranger offered his thanks, turning to face Thage and giving her a slight bow in gratitude.  He noticed that she now bore the wounds he had received--such an odd and unique magic.  "It's quite fortuitous for us that you decided to come along."  His trademark smirk appeared on his face before he directed his attention to the faraway leviathan.  It was a shame that this was the last of the threats for now.  He already dreaded the bombardment of questions he was going to be forced to endure.  Ways of answering said questions drifted through his mind as he deigned not to advance upon the serpentine creature that was certainly doomed to demise.  Oh that's certainly not the only thing that's doomed...at least for now, the stranger thought ominously to himself.  I need more time to observe.  Who will the odds be in favor of, I wonder?  The smirk widened in response and he remained quiet--just watching.


Renee attacks Cadial!  8 Dmg! (ATK)

The blast of water caught Renee by surprise along with the fact that the leviathan didn't even hesitate to slither upon the land, dirt and mud caking its body now as it blasted along the shore.  The water had at the very least been very cool and refreshing--a welcome relief to the heat and mugginess of the jungle.  Her clothes were dripping wet, but luckily they were efficient enough that them getting wet didn't weigh her down or inhibit her at all.  Wiping some of the water from her face, a smile plastered upon it now, Renee leaped into the air and soared around the beast, wrapping her wire around it, but not enough to tangle.  With a mighty pull, the wire cut into the serpent as it unwound, aiming to return to her grasp, deep cuts appearing in the scales of the frightening foe.  Or at least it would be frightening to those who weren't in the profession of hunting.  Renee had a habit of loving the challenge that new foes presented, and this one had certainly been interesting, but it was vastly outnumbered.

Renee's glance shot towards the stranger who seemed to have his eye on her which was unbelievably unsettling and creepy.  She glared right back at him, gripping her wire so tightly that it actually threatened to cut into her own skin.  He was just standing there again doing nothing.  What did he even do?  She knew that he had some sort of ability...like most of the things he slashed fell asleep for some reason, but what was his true strength and why was he hiding it?  Time would hopefully tell.

Renee waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Luca had just pocketed the Salve found in the chest, a slight wave of relief washing over her for some unknown reason, when movement from behind caused her to turn swiftly. She was too late to block the oncoming attack as the Leviathan approached her, but she realized she did not need to. The burst of water did not hurt as much as she had expected, and so she relaxed if only for the moment. Then, seeing an opening for a counterattack, the adventurer stepped closer to the serpent and slashed twice before backing up and delivering two more slashes.

Luca uses Onset on Cadial! 2 Hits! 5 Atk Damage per Hit!
Remaining Mp: 19/25


Luca uses Onset on Cadial! 2 Hits! 5 Atk Damage per Hit!
Remaining Mp: 13/25

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Thage watched the stranger gallantly bow to her as she shouldered his wounds. He thanked her and noted her usefulness on the battlefield. She blushed as he smirked at her. Did she... like him? She couldn't tell. Smiling and letting out a small laugh, she spoke to him. "You're very welcome," She winced from the pain. "kind Stranger." She moved back a bit and looked across the battlefield once again, looking for injuries. Katyusha seemed to be the most hurt this time. "Please, be safe." Again, with a moan and a warm white light, Katyusha's hurts were erased and transposed to herself. She knelt to the ground once again, in more pain than she would have liked. She would bear the party's pain so as to keep them fighting. She must, for that is her role to play.

[Thage moves to I4!
Thage uses Adsorption! [MP: 18/30]
Thage sacrifices 9 HP! [HP: 8/30]
Katyusha is healed for 9 HP!
Chance of waiving 25% of the MP Cost!]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:25 pm

Katyusha expends 10 charges of energy

Katyusha uses Hornet's Nest on Cadial. 6 INT Dmg per hit, 8 hits
MP: 4/30

The creature positioned itself in between several of their group and unleashed a torrent of water. The attack was more painful than the energy beam from before, however in order to execute that attack on all three of them the monster was now surrounded. Not only that the excess energy from the others' attacks had allowed her pistols to recharge enough to function again as a calldown remote. She pointed the pistols once again at the monster and another barrage of rockets fell upon the beast.

Katyusha moves to cell G-4

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Cadial takes 42 Dmg!

Cadial KO!

Chapter 00-A: Phantasmal Falls

Location: Caranda Falls - Mythic Crest

Objective: Defeat the Ethereal Leviathan!

Background: ~Visage of Fear~

Achievement: Unfaltering Courage - Have all characters resist the effects of Inspire Fear in the same turn. [12 AP]

{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } {R} { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{ } {L} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{t} { } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} F
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } {~} {~} {~} G
{t} { } {K} { } { } {S} {~} {~} {~} H
{ } { } { } {T} { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{=} {=} {=} {=} {;} {;} {;} {;} {;} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


The Ethereal Leviathan has been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+5 - Ethereal Leviathan x1
+3 - Cannon Clam x1 OVERKILL
+2 - Cannon Clam x1
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Items used
+1 - Treasure obtained

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 19

Stranger: 1/16 --- 20/16
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 4/24
DD: 2/10

Renee: 1/16 --- 20/16
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 4/24
DD: 8/10

Luca: 1/16 --- 20/16
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 4/24
DD: 7/10

Karin: 1/16 --- 20/16
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 4/24
DD: 1/10

Katyusha: 1/16 --- 20/16
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 4/24
DD: 10/10

Thage: 1/16 --- 20/16
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 4/24
DD: 0/10

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Stranger, Renee, Luca, Karin, Katyusha, Thage

Achievement FAILED...

The Party finds 30 Accra!

Items found:

---Scorched Pearl x2

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:54 am

The air was filled with the sound of explosions and a thick layer of smoke from the myriad rockets that were sent hurtling towards the lone leviathan, and as it cleared, the group was able to see...nothing. Not a single trace of the leviathan could be found. Not even a smudge upon the ground from where it might have been obliterated. The empty clams were still around, a strange ooze leaking from their insides while their scorched up pearls lay near their bodies, ripe for collecting...for anyone who would even be interested in such a thing. The mysterious stranger seemed to meander forth to the place where the mighty leviathan once stood and gazed up into the sky, watching as the last remnants and trails of smoke were wafted away by a warm wind that tousled his white hair. There wasn't a single bead of sweat upon his form, and he just seemed completely unfazed from the battle or the surrounding environment. He took several steps forward along the riverbank.

"And so one chapter of chaos closes, but when shall another be opened, I wonder?" the stranger mused aloud to no one in particular. There was this sense that he didn't belong in this place. So where was he from? There were so many secrets surrounding him, and Renee for one was getting fed up with it.

"Were you behind those attacks?!" the huntress shouted fiercely, the wire digging harshly into her skin leaving thin red lines of blood. Her eyes were intently focused on the stranger's face, an annoying expression of whimsy upon it that made her want to sock him right in the eye. She wasn't really too far from actually doing that. He might have some hidden power, but if she could, she would make him bend before her. There would be no escape until he fessed up.

"What an odd question," the stranger responded smoothly, matching Renee's gaze from behind his silky bangs. "But no, I most certainly was not. How would I be able to control monsters? I think you overestimate my abilities, Renee. Very much so." He sniggered after saying her name, watching as steam practically rose into the jungle air from her face. It reddened so much that he thought she might genuinely explode, and that wouldn't be good for anyone. "Easy there, I'm on your side remember? If I wanted you all gone, I'd do it myself. It would be much more efficient that way," he added matter-of-factly, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You really are insane..." Renee muttered and took a few steps away from the fellow, lowering her arms to let them dangle by her side, the wires she was holding loosening so they weren't cutting into her anymore, though the twine was already tainted crimson with her life essence. She looked to the others. "Are you guys really going to follow this fool? At this rate he'll lead us to the end of our ropes, and the only ones we'll have to blame are ourselves."

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Rapier slipping back into its sheath, Luca offered Renee a steady look. While she had not enjoyed being thrust into the chaos of battle twice in a row, she knew that the people assembled were more than capable of handling the stresses these monsters could put upon them. Furthermore, they had all chosen to take part in whatever this was turning out to be; true, the stranger did seem to be running them ragged without doing anything himself, but that did not disregard the fact that it had been their choice. Although she could not speak for the others, she wanted to be here–it was a part of her way of life.

And if she went by that logic, then Luca couldn't understand Renee's aversion. From what the adventurer could figure, the girl was a huntress: a figure who trained to deal with monsters–someone who killed them for sport. In this short period of time she had taken on creatures she probably would not have if she decided to just wander (or rather race) back to the village. Getting tired could ruin the spirit, but it would never destroy purpose or delights. So her beef had to be with the company involved, namely one of them. At that thought, Luca's gaze hardened just a tad. There was a way to rectify the situation.

"If you don't like him, don't talk to him." she answered smoothly, making her way over to the younger girl and closing the minimal distance left respectfully. "There are benefits to every journey if you're willing to put up with the obstacles; from what I can tell you were rather keen on the prospect of fighting those monsters–focus on that and harden your skin. He won't get to you that way." she whispered steadily before separating once more and crossing her arms. "Alright?"

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:10 am

The leviathan disappeared into absolute nothingness. Every fruit of their effort had just completely vanished. Thage was disappointed, but she was glad everything was over. Thage listened to the stranger's remarks and was mystified. Had he been responsible this entire time for these attacks? He seemed to get a sick thrill at putting the party through these "trials', and the huntress exploded at him. Going over the edge, the huntress lashed out at the stranger as if he were a bad child. She blamed him for everything that happened over the past twenty minutes or so and was making sure that he wasn't smiling. The tearing open of the fragile world, the leviathan's appearance, and most of all, his lack of activity in battle. Thage felt some kinship with this sudden outburst. Luca, though, then said something that really sparked her. They had all chosen to embark on this journey, maybe not all for the same reasons, but they had all come voluntarily nonetheless. "Yes, I believe that the stranger's motives are clouded and he hardly does anything in battle, but so are ours, and I know that I'm useless for the most part." She went to stand next to the stranger, facing the huntress with a resolute expression on her face. She began to close. Does this lack of transparency or his laziness in battle affect my decision? Absolutely not. I chose to go with the stranger for my own reasons and I'm sure my life is forfeit as a result. I know this, yet I press on." Thage gasped for breath, the wounds she took on during the fight not having healed yet. "I chose this path because of the desire to search or to have a thrill or two..." She looked at both Renee and Luca when she said this, but at Renee in particular as she was the target of this. "And you chose to come with the stranger as well. He warned us that there was danger here. As I recall, I believe you were the first to join this envoy. You have sealed your fate. Don't resist..." Thage gasped again for air. She couldn't bear the pain anymore. She felt herself fall, her vision fading fast. She could feel every sensation leaving her, leving nothing behind but tears staining her face and a grimacing smile as she fell. With a thud, all became white and then black.

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Karin looked around blankly at her surroundings. The clams were dead, and whatever that other thing was, it was dead too. The others who gathered here made quick work of the creatures. But Karin was not impressed, no she was far more concerned with what these clams might be holding. Prying one open, she found a pearl. A scorched pearl, but a pearl nonetheless. Perhaps she might find a use for it. Perhaps. It was worth holding on to, at least to remember the battle.

After she collected a second pearl, and the last one it seems, Karin returned to the group, holding the two scorched pearls in her hand. She offered them to the stranger, as if presenting a gift. She had no use for them at the moment, and the stranger seemed to know a little more about the world. Perhaps he could offer some guidance to what these pearls might be useful for.

Ignoring the current state of the conversation going on, Karin addressed the stranger directly. The obsidian jewels of her eyes locked with the stranger's own blue eyes. "Might I inquire your name?" Or something to call him by. Karin didn't care if he gave an alias, she wanted to mark him with a title. A tag that everyone could tell belonged to him. "My name is Karin Corinna, but you can call me Karin."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:40 pm

As much as she wanted to remain furious, Renee felt herself calming down. Nona wouldn't want her being so angry, and also as much as she hated to admit, these girls were right. She did step up to the challenge, but she didn't plan on sticking with it for the long run. Maybe now it was too late. Was she in too deep? She wondered if the stranger would try to kill her if she left seeing as how he was surely confident that he could do away with all of them quite easily on his own. Cocky words coming from a man who did nothing in battle. Regardless, she took a deep breath and finished the last descent into calmness, though she turned her back on those who were preaching to her. "I suppose you're right and there really isn't much else to do but stick with it. Together, of course," she said, her voice unreadable. She wasn't sure what to think about these girls. Were they truly that brave, or were they just foolish.

Nah, they're fools. Just like myself, the huntress thought, a smirk forming upon her previously unsettled face. She was one who risked her life every day hunting monsters and the like. The sacrifice all of them were showing now was equal to or even greater than the one Renee offered. They were just as apt to stare down fear with their heads held high. At least they definitely had the strength to back it up as was shown in the last battles. Perhaps everything would turn out all right after all. She was definitely taking the piece of advice from the girl with the rapier; she wasn't going to waste words on the stranger from here on out.

"I have many names where I come from, but please call me Masquerade for the time being. Masq for short. That shall definitely work for the time being," the stranger responded to Karin after a few minutes of pondering. He humored her and gazed right into her eyes as well, oh but he saw so much more than beautiful eyes looking right at him. So much more. "I do hope that will work for you, Miss Corinna," he added with a smile, breaking the gaze at last before pacing along the riverbank. "Luca, Renee, Katyusha, Karin, and Thage." He pointed to each girl as he spoke their name. "Sorry, I wished to make quick work of introductions. Does anyone have any questions before we continue on, hm?"

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Silver on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Luca eased away from Renee as the girl agreed, calming down rather quickly. The adventurer settled herself and offered a small smile. It comforted her to know that at the very least Renee was not going to turn on them–although the stranger, Masq as he announced, did nothing in battle, she worried about being able to break up a fight if one occurred. Although... if a fight between the party were to happen, the stranger would probably take care of it anyway. Luca crossed her arms in front of her, shifting her weight instead of grimacing. Hopefully they could just continue onwards and maybe find some answers?

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Kurio on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 pm

The battle was over and Katyusha turned her attention to the stranger once more. He seemed to understand far more about the world outside the village than the rest of the group, and it would be a smart idea to follow him for the time being. Even if he was quite suspicious at the end of the day he was still somewhat aiding them for the time being. So even if he planned to backstab them somewhere down the line she could still take advantage of this facade he was putting up. Betrayals weren't uncommon on the battlefield and from the military knowledge passed down her family as per tradition Katyusha was well aware of how to deal with traitors among the ranks.

Now when one of the females had questioned the integrity of the stranger Katyusha chose not to say anything. The first rule of the battlefield is that it is not for the weak of heart. And if one's conviction falters or if they allow their emotions to interfere with their abilities or judgement then they are better off gone from the battlefield, either by leaving or being killed.

"No, nothing Sir. All is well. Let us be off." Katyusha responded when the stranger asked for further questions, completely disregarding the fact that the others may have something to ask.

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Gist on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:41 am

Thage felt her head throb. With every beat of her heart, her world rocked. She gasped and stood, listening to the stranger finally introducing himself as Masquerade... or Masq. He claimed to have many, many names. This was most likely true. Her sister had shared stories of all the strange people she had met. Most of them were a tad bit gruesome, but most were just strange. She contemplated him. What news he? Was he a native of the Chaos? Was he here to destroy the little bit of sanity that they had all worked so hard over? Masq asked if they had any questions, and Thage regarded each of the girls in turn as he addressed them. None of them had anything, so she believed that it would be wise to to let the journey proceed. She silently shook her head at Masq, not saying a word.

All she did then was contemplate how she was going to find Francine. Would she be the same person she was as when she left two years ago? Was this even the same void as back then? Something told her that Masquerade knew the answers to most, if not all, of her questions. Eventually she would ask, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:03 pm

That was it then. Masquerade. An alias, of course, but it was good enough for Karin. She just didn't care for calling him Stranger this whole time. She was sort of surprised no one else asked before she did. Karin had hoped that these other girls would at least be of the curious type. But alas, it looked as though Karin would be the one posing the simplest of questions. She had other things to work on, but one more thing to add to her list was not a terrible thing.

She had no further questions, and so Karin remained silent and patient. Ever waiting for her time to move along. The introductions were quick, and she committed every name and face to her memory without effort. She was that kind of person, after all. Not a single memory ever escaped from the iron grip of her mind.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Masquerade on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Renee whirled back around on the group.  They said they were ready to go, but Renee had a pretty important question and she certainly wasn't going any-damn-where without it being answered first, and not with some sort of enigmatic riddle.  This was no time for games.  The truth behind the Cataclysm was a serious matter if that was truly their goal.  The huntress couldn't help but think that Masquerade had an ulterior motive, but with his nonchalant and mysterious guise, he kept said motive well under wraps.  "I have one last question before we march off, and that is where are we even going?" she asked, slightly exasperated.  The river headed north, farther into Nevada territory...or at least what used to be Nevada.

Masquerade started pacing away without much regard to the question, but he did answer it in a loud, ecstatic voice and with his fist punching the air.

"TO VEEEEEEEGAS!!!"

The city of Vegas was exactly what it sounded like--it used to be Las Vegas, Nevada.  It was one of the cities that was salvaged after the Cataclysm and made into a main trading post and market.  It was also more technologically advanced than most of the ragtag settlements in the Land of Rain and Mystery due to the inhabitants salvaging what was left after the disaster.  The cost of living there was high, but the safety was guaranteed to be top notch, not to mention the standard of living was equally as high.  It wasn't the same city as it was before, however, with plenty of showcases, casinos, and fine dining.  Only remnants of that remained now as reconstruction was still the primary focus of the city, even after a century.  There was still more that needed to be done.  Following the Caranda River north would lead them to the Broken Highway, the remnants of a highway that led across a deserted expanse to the city.  No one ever bothered fixing it because vehicles weren't exactly common anymore.

Strolling along the riverbank seemed to be peaceful enough, and the group had made it quite a ways.  The trees on either side were starting to thin a bit.  The river ended in a salt lake that had formed quite a ways north, even farther than where Vegas now rested, and all around the lake was nothing but rock and arid soil, probably the source of all the salt.  If the trees were thinning, then they were getting close to the expanse along with the Broken Highway.  However, something caught Masq's interest, and he came to a halt.  Being at the lead, he raised a hand to indicate for the others to stop as well.  Up ahead there appeared to be a couple of large turrets made completely of sand.  Hopping around them were a couple of the strange clams from before that fired their pearls like cannonballs.

"Now this is interesting for sure," Masquerade said enigmatically as he drew his weapon.  He didn't state that there was a fight, but how else was one to interpret his actions?

Chapter 00-B: Shoreline Gunfight

Location: Caranda River - Thinning Bank

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~The Old Expanse~

Achievement: Dodging a Bullet - Collectively evade the long-range skills of the enemies at least 3 times. [8 AP]

{ } { } {t} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} A
{t} { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} B
{ } { } {A} { } {D} {~} {~} {~} {~} C
{ } { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} E
{ } {F} {t} { } {T} {~} {~} {~} {~} F
{ } { } { } {C} { } {~} {~} {~} {~} G
{t} { } { } { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} H
{ } { } { } {M} { } {~} {~} {~} {~} I
{ } { } {R} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} J
{ } {t} { } { } {~} {~} {~} {~} {~} K
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Masquerade (Mysterious Stranger)
HP: 40/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 2/10
Atk: 7
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Renee (Huntress) *HASTE*
HP: 25/25
MP: 25/25
DD: 8/10
Atk: 8
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Dandes (Sand Turret) *CHR +10%*
HP: 35/35
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 0%
Move: 0 cells

Tolat (Sand Turret) *CHR +10%*
HP: 35/35
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 0%
Move: 0 cells

Aim (Cannon Clam)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Fire (Cannon Clam)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Cluster (Cannon Clam)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 2
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

{t} - Tropical Tree
[No Occupy]

{~} - Rushing Rapids
[No Occupy]

Players may start in rows J-K!


Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Terraform

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:25 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum