Resolving to Innocence

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resolving to Innocence

Post by Gist on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm

We all want to atone for the sins we have committed. We want to right the wrongs we have done. We want to be able to wipe the slate clean, to start anew. We want to let go of our past and find the truth behind the actions we have performed. Bringing the balance back is all that some desire. A small group of people were pulled from the public by the Organization. Its whereabouts are a mystery, but its influence is not. Three people were summoned to the outskirts of the town of Lenolia, where they will receive further orders on a mission that they must complete before they are allowed to return to normal life.

Recently, life in the kingdom of Farris has been grinding to a halt. A strange land has appeared in the south of the kingdom, and demonic influences have leaked from it. His Royal Highness, King Reingau IV, has sent seven search parties of two, none of which have returned from the strange land. They had left it alone for a period of five years, until the land started making people disappear as well… The King was starting to lose the support of his Subjects, and he needed an outlet. He sent his most trusted cleric, Tiffany Lorewhy, to gather the new party at the outskirts and to set off on another quest to find the reason why the influence was leaking out of the land, and possibly why it appeared in the first place. Out of just plain fear, they dubbed the land “Wyrendom”, or the Land of the Higher Dragon.

Tiffany was an odd woman. She liked strange things, and was mainly an eccentric coot who would sometimes speak in riddles and complex codes. She wasn’t well liked by her peers mainly because they couldn’t understand her. And what they couldn’t understand, they ridiculed. Yet she was the King’s most trusted cleric. How was this possible?! People began to resent her for her good fortune, and some had even gone to the point of where they would publicly scorn her behavior. She had the authority to put the people away that teased her, but she knew that she would not, simply because she had a heart beating inside her chest.

She waited outside the town of Lenolia, waiting for three potential members of the search party. She considered joining the search party herself, as she had not much else to do within the kingdom at the current moment, and she had wanted to investigate something that she thought could be exploited later: Mana Residue. She knew about the natural flow of Mana and how it was omnipresent in the world they lived in, yes, yes, yes, she certainly knew. The question she had to postulate, however, was whether it simply disappeared until it was replenished. She had played with what little magic she knew trying to find an answer, when suddenly, she saw. After a time, each spell she cast warmed her body in the slightest bit.

There was a byproduct of using Mana! Now to harvest it. She toiled and fiddled with it for ages while each search party had been sent. Not much progress was being made. She almost gave up when she tried to cast a spell without having much Mana reserves left in her body. The spell was cast anyway… and she felt a stabbing pain. Shocked that such an outcome would come out of a useful application of energy, she researched the subject. She knew that if one overworked their muscles, they began to build up a poison, and would hurt and feel like lead shortly thereafter. While it was not her primary objective, she fully intended to find a way to effectively utilize the byproduct, or “Residue” as she called it.

As the dawn began to break, she waited for the members of this latest party. All she knew of the people were their names. Hopefully they wouldn’t scorn her like everyone else did…

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Silver on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:08 pm

This is crapshit.

To say that Astrid was displeased with the current situation would be an understatement. That being said, it is very important to note that while she was indeed quite unhappy with her current predicament, she failed to voice her opinion. The Organization had summoned her after all; she knew what was likely to happen if she spoke out, and frankly she knew that she could not take on more than a couple men at a time. And that was on a good day. Please note, that today was quite obviously not a good day.

But Astrid, unlike other women, did not complain–she did not whine and she did not beg. To do so would be to lower herself and her stature. Having striven for years to reach her current standings, as a dignified soldier no less, she had no intentions of lowering herself. So, despite the issues that arose from being summoned by the Organization, she complied to their call. And she felt like a dog doing so. After all, this must have been her comeuppance for coming to this world against his wishes. Being forced to do some stupid mission that wasn't of her own agenda was the perfect means of enacting cosmic revenge.

Astrid could have sighed.

But she didn't. She remained resolute in her stance, and stood on the outskirts of town waiting for the rest of her 'party' to show themselves.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:29 pm

The mage stopped in the middle of nothing, noticing a gust of wind blowig. The air caught it's mantle and it's hat, making them ruffle and wave, though not enough to reveal the shadowed face.

-Gale...ironic.


The mage who called himself Gale sniffed the air for a moment, catching the scent of oranges. A sweet, slightly acid scent. Sweet, mature oranges, or maybe it could be just a tree, it's leaves waving in the wind just enough to let the scent off. It could also be a candy or a pie someone could be making nearby. What matter, is it's oranges.

-DO I like oranges?


Not being able to properly answer that question, Gale just strolled forward to the meeting point. Two women were already there. The mage tilted it's head a little bit sideways, just not enough to expose it's face. Damn, it expected that there was a man at least. If they were all the same sex, there would have questions regarding who Gale was. Gale didn't like this kind of questions.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Eebit on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:22 pm

A fairly tall woman moved under the cloak of night, just as it was beginning to shed. She was guided by the light of a lantern through the presently-unsuspecting streets of the town of Lenolia, where she had lived all her life. It seemed to be about as average as any other morning could have been - she traversed the paths early in the day to ward off monsters by way of the light of her lamp on a regular basis. However, Vina Arati knew more than well that it was no such thing. Anything but average, was what it truly was. She had received her summons the week prior to this morning, and it had certainly come as a surprise. She had not expected to ever hear from the Organization personally... but it had happened. This morning was certainly going to be the morning that everything began to change for her.

She had risen early, preparing herself with a meagre amount of her possessions. Silently, wordlessly, she had bent down to kiss her adoptive brother - Philip - on his cheek while he slumbered. It took every fibre of her being not to choke out a sob or leave tear stains upon his face, though tears left her storm grey eyes. She brushed them away with her hand, keeping her white hair out of her eyes. She did not know when she would get to see Philip again, only that he would be on his own until she returned from whatever the Organization had in store for her. Normality was a privilege and a luxury that only those who were not directly aware of the Organization. Vina did not have such a luxury available to her...

Presently, however, the darkness was being cast away by the dawning sun. These morning strolls had always been her favourite as an average citizen of the city. When she trudged through the main streets, she could smell the bakers working early hours; the smell of pastries and freshly baked bread filling her senses. However, her favourite was that the rising sun cast away any need to keep her ancient lantern lit. As she walked, she reached down to extinguish it appropriately, though her continued motion caused her to accidentally spill some of the remaining, unburned oil down the side of the rusted iron exterior of the lamp. She hissed in pain and self-admonishment.

Well... Vina thought to herself, in disdain for her actions, I don't want to be wasteful of the gift that nature has given me. And what a gift it was. Truly, the beauties of light and flame were equal a privilege to that of the peace and tranquility that had been Lenolia for so long. Though she walked the border of the town on a nightly basis to make sure that no monsters had invaded the town's borders, she had always felt strangely at peace in her morning walks. But like the cage she carried the flame of the lamp within, such peace was also caged. She had heard terrible things. Rumours from the kingdom's south - the land of Wyrendom. The peace that was experienced by Lenolia was only a falsity. Something that could not truly exist without the influence and meticulous planning of the Organization. Especially when the kingdom was losing faith in its monarch.

But such matters of politics had never been of Vina's concern. She had been subsisting with Philip off of a humble income scrounged up from working as the guide of the night, and the watcher of monsters. The lantern oil she had spilled would cost her, for she did not have the means to replace the old, rusted lamp. She barely had enough to keep it burning every night, as well as money to spare to keep a roof over the heads of her and her brother. The Organization had guaranteed her care of Philip, though the prospect of leaving him to fend for himself was terrifying in and of itself. The boy was only fifteen, and fending for himself would certainly be no easy task. She had to believe in him. I've raised him as best I can... I have to trust that he will be okay.

Her morning route was coming to a close, and now it was time to stop dallying and meet the other members of the party that the Organization had summoned. She felt a touch of nervousness. Vina had hardly interacted with any other residents of the village, save the ones she had been required to for working purposes. She had never truly had time for any sort of personal life. In the distance, along the outer limits of the town, Vina could just barely see a small group of three silhouettes being cast by the rising blaze of the sun behind them. Though unable to identify them, she could tell that they were all impatiently waiting. She called ahead.

"Hello? Who goes there?" her voice did not reflect any sort of the nervousness she felt, which surprised even her as the rasp of her voice was thrown to them, carried by the brisk morning wind. She finally caught up to them without response, and gave each of them wary looks. "Are you lot here with the Organization?" she queried, knowing full well their purposes here. There was a tall blonde with hair that fell neatly down her back. She had terribly piercing and calculating blue eyes that had Vina taken aback. The second figure seemed impatient and in a bit of a huff, with white hair that seemed slightly wavy. She opted to not meet this woman's eyes. The third figure seemed masculine in stature, but she could not tell for sure. Its robes were bundled up much too thickly for her to discern, and its face was masked by shadows. Vina tilted her head just slightly at this third person. It was certainly going to be an interesting morning...

Eebit
Drowzy Wanderer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-27
Age : 21
Location : The Great White North

View user profile http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Gist on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:46 pm

Tiffany looked at the three as theyxcame towards her. First came Astrid, bearing her sword and not much else, and seeming in a bit off her mood, as if she were not eager to be here. That was to be expected, as there was no public hearing about the selections Tiffany and His Majesty had made. All there was (and would be) was the mysterious letter. If the three were not going to be present, even Tiffany was not sure of the consequences that would befall the three of them. Anyhow, all three had come at her call, so there were no more worries in that respect.

Tiffany knew from her dossier and reports he had received that Astrid was an excellent budding soldier; a glorified henchman. She knew that the search party needed some muscle, and she believed that Astrid would be able to provide it. Following orders should come as second nature to her, though Tiffany did not plan on bossing her companions around. A knowing smile crossed her lips. Tiffany might not need to worry so much after all.

Without a sound yet, she turned to the bundle of robes that came towards her. A tall, pointy hat shadowed the being's face. She was certain that it was human in nature, but that was all that she could discern. From reports she had gathered, she knew that its name was Gale, and that it was skilled in magical arts, mainly manipulation of elements. This could also prove useful, knowing that pure muscle would never prevail alone in any situation. She did not make any action towards the thing and finally turned to the lantern bearer as she came towards Tiffany.

Vina, oh how she was. She had a history of being a light bearer in Lenobia, and she could ward off dangers rather quickly. The only other thing Tiffany gathered from her dossier was the fact she had an adoptive brother named Philip. She spoke with the king about taking care of the boy while the search party while the mission was ongoing. He agreed, and later that day, a nurse would be sent to Vida's home to make sure that the boy was safe and well-fed. Tiffany nodded and gave a wider smile towards her before turning to the middle of the party.

"Welcome, all of you. Thank you for heeding the Organization's summons. I am here to represent His Majesty and to make sure that you have a reason for being here. I would not like being blindly sent somewhere, either..." She giggled a bit in an attempt to loosen them before they began their pilgrimage. She knew that most likely, there would be a fight before anything even began. Ever since the appearance of Wyrendom, fiends had been appearing in larger quantities, which worried her to no end. What if the monsters began coming inside town borders? Tiffany couldn't take care of them herself, as much as she wished that she could. She stopped giggling and sighed, taking a more serious tone on the subject.

"You are here because of the recent appearance of the land of Wyrendom. Before, the city of Qu'hanatal was in its place. You may know of it as a center of commerce. It was the town between Leiobia and New Perthon, giving it much foot traffic. Since its appearance, many fiends have been rising from places we cannot determine. Fiend outbreaks are on an exponential rise. The Organization has been tasked with getting rid of it and bringing back Qu'hanatal, which is where each of you come in." Tiffany looked at each of them in turn.

"This journey will be difficult, but I am sure that with the three of you, this seemingly daunting task will be made manageable. I apologize for all inconveniences that this has caused. His Majesty thanks each of you. Now, then. Let us be off." Tiffany thought about this sudden cutoff. Wouldn't there be time to introduce themselves fully later? Sure. She turned from the group and began to walk on the small dirt path that led from Leiobia. A field of grass surrounded it on each side. There weren't many clouds in the sky, so the light was really beginning to come in. The sun hadn't broken the horizon yet, but it was really close. She hoped that nothing bad would happen yet. However, it wasn't about what she wanted... That mattered not. In the distance, she saw three blobs of darkness. She clicked her teeth and raised her crystal ball. "A perfect opportunity for me to see how each of you react in the heat of battle!"

Chapter 1-1: Twining Threads

Objective: Defeat the Enemies!

Secondary Objective: Steelguard - The party must not lose more than 20 HP combined. (5 EXP)

Battle Music: ~

{G} {g} { } {S} { } {H} { } {g} {G} A
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} B
{G} {g} { } { } {R} { } { } {g} {G} C
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} D
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} E
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} F
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} G
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} H
{G} {g} { } { } {T} { } { } {g} {G} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Tiffany Lorewhy *Toxemia* (0)
HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
RP: 25/25
ATK: 1
DEF: 2
INT: 4
SPR: 3
EVA: 2%
Move: 2

Hestia
HP: 5/5
MP: 15/15
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5
DEF: 2
EVA: 1%
Move: 2

Razzia
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
ATK: 3
DEF: 2
INT: 3
DEF: 2
EVA: 5%
Move: 2

Scythia
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
ATK: 3
DEF: 2
INT: 3
DEF: 2
EVA: 5%
Move: 2

Legend:

Spoiler:
{g} - Grass
- Chance of finding an item.
- Occupable

{G} - Tall Grass
- Chance of Immobilize if Occupied.
- Chance of Poison if damaged while occupying it.
Players may start in rows G-I!


Last edited by Wendy on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:06 am; edited 3 times in total

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Silver on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Astrid starts at G5!

Astrid breathed a heavy sigh as the fiends appeared before the party, but quickly took in a breath so as to make it seem as if it was just that: a breath. Not a motion of complaint. Just a breath. She closed her eyes very briefly and then opened them again, cracking her knuckles on her left hand first and then her right. I can already tell this'll be pathetic. she thought distastefully, kicking the heel of her boots and watching the ammunition get into place.

Yeah.

This would be pathetic.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Gale was happy no conversation was needed. Everyone just seemed to understand each other silently, so the wizard was perfectly able to get by through nodding alone. Well, this was an expedition, it would take TIME, and sooner or later, some sort of interaction was bound to happen, and Gale was well aware of that. One can always hope for later rather than sooner, though.

The march wasn't particularly long before they were approached by fiends. The wizard looked at them, curious. He had known fiends. He had seen them in spell testing. Some times on alchemical too. But, did he know anything else? The word didn't sound particularly familiar, but those presences...

Shaking the thoughts off, Gale readied the staff and looked around. It seemed everyone was ready to fight. Gale should be ready too.

Gale starts on H6!

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Eebit on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:06 pm

{Vina starts at G3}

The woman in blue gave her a quick nod and a smile, as though confirming her suspicion. Vina lowered her lantern momentarily, slightly less apprehensive knowing that the others gathered here were, in fact, dedicated to the cause of the Organization. Summoned, like her, to do some undetermined job. Without any further conversation between the trio gathered before the woman in blue, she began to speak. It seemed that she was the representative of the King, and in turn, the Organization. Her piercing eyes did not match the friendly, warm smile on her face. It was clear that the woman meant business, made even more clear by the fact that she did not reveal her name to those she was 'employing' in lieu of the Organization itself. Finally, however, the purpose of their mission became clear. "So the rumours are true?" Vina inquired. "Of Wyrendom, I mean..." she admittedly did not know much, apart from what she had heard from passersby in the small village.

What she was now learning, however, was the reason that tourism and commerce in the town had been low. The bustle had slowly diminished, which was clearly in response to the outbreak of demons and other creatures replacing the middle town. So, it seemed that the Organization wished to send them off to their doom at the hands of these very fiends. Why call upon her? She had little to offer the Organization; in fact, she barely knew how to fight, let alone fend off a rising army of fiends. And Philip... she thought to herself. Yes, 'And Philip' indeed. The boy would be left on his own, and she worried for his safety, especially if she did not return from this... this suicide mission alive.

"This journey will be difficult, but I am sure that with the three of you, this seemingly daunting task will be made manageable."

How could the woman be so sure? Just how much did she know? Vina tried to open her mouth to speak, but no sound came out. It was very forward of the Organization to summon the three of them... especially three who had no synergy whatsoever. She did not know about the other impatient woman and the mysterious figure who always seemed to be garbed in shadows, nor did she expect that they knew of her. This put them at something of a disadvantage, especially if the silence between them continued.

Her thoughts were cut short as she saw what the leading woman saw. Three small shadows, approaching on the horizon. It seemed that they were going to be fighting, still this early in the morning. She lit her lantern and sighed deeply... she was inexperienced in this field, but she would need to do her very best. If not to prove herself worthy, then to fight to stay alive.

For Philip's sake.

Eebit
Drowzy Wanderer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-27
Age : 21
Location : The Great White North

View user profile http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Gist on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Tiffany watched the crew gather together around her and face the enemy. She smiled at them and held her crystal orb before her. Certainly, this party would make it somewhere. She had known that the Organization had failed time and time again to make a congruent, cohesive team that would be able to be weathered through the trials of Wyrendom. She also knew that they were beginning to lose patience with the project and was considering advising His Majesty to go into war with the newfound country or land or whatever it seemed to be. Personally, she thought it was just a fortress, but what she thought about things was irrelevant. In truth, no one really knew what Wyrendom was, excepting its inhabitants. They were not human, though, and may not even be from this world. Extraterrestrials had appeared towards Farris before, had they not? Something along the lines of "Leukanthropes"...

As she moved closer to the lines of battle, she regarded each of her comrades' opening movements. While she kept her eyes on Astrid, she thought she noticed an air of boredom about her. The battle hadn't even started yet, and she was bored? She most certainly did not truly know the sheer audacity of the dangers that Wyrendom held, and why they had been sent to go eliminate the threats. Maybe it wasn't just her though. Tiffany didn't blame Astrid. These things in front of the party were just simple scouts. Absolutely nothing in regards to the big picture, but once they got there, the easy times would be over.

Sweeping over towards the mage, Gale was still an absolute mystery. What was it? Certainly is was human... wasn't it? She had not heard a word from it yet, though it was intelligent enough to understand the English she spoke, which was much more than she had gotten from previous scouts that had been sent to Farris. Lenolia had gotten most of them, being the kingdom's capital, and she had to process a great number of them. Gale's face was shrouded by the overly large point hat it wore, so she couldn't distinguish anything about the thing. She could only hope that everything was as it should be... She shuddered a bit, imagining what could happen if that was not so. She made a note to incite a conversation for formal introductions after everything was settled down.

Finally, she looked at Vida. She seemed to be the only one here with a higher purpose: to protect her younger brother, maybe. Tiffany did not look into these peoples' personal lives; that was not her right. All she knew was their names, and any background that could be gotten by a simple conversation. She did not particularly want to know about any of them in particular, but she knew that if this escapade were to successfully continue that she would have to facilitate some kind of conversation between them. Not now, though. This was not the time. Tiffany herself nodded and began to make the first move.

Chapter 1-1: Twining Threads

Objective: Defeat the Enemies!

Secondary Objective: Steelguard - The party must not lose more than 20 HP combined. (5 EXP)

Battle Music: ~


{G} {g} { } {S} { } {H} { } {g} {G} A
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} B
{G} {g} { } { } {R} { } { } {g} {G} C
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} D
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} E
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} F
{G} {g} {
V} { } {A} { } { } {g} {G} G
{G} {g} { } { } { } {
G} { } {g} {G} H
{G} {g} { } { } {T} { } { } {g} {G} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Tiffany - (Mana Scavenger) *Toxemia* (0)
HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
RP: 25/25
ATK: 1
DEF: 2
INT: 4
SPR: 3
EVA: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Gale - (Wizard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 32/32
AP: 0/10
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5
SPR: 2
EVA: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Astrid - (Soldier)
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
AP: 0/10
ATK: 6
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 3
EVA: 30%
Move: 5 cells

Vina - (Lantern Bearer) *Flash Flame* (0)
HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
AP: 0/10
ATK: 1
DEF: 4
INT: 7
SPR: 4
EVA: 5%
Move: 2 cells

Hestia - (Dark Magus)
HP: 5/5
MP: 15/15
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5
DEF: 2
EVA: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Razzia - (Reaver)
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
ATK: 3
DEF: 2
INT: 3
DEF: 2
EVA: 5%
Move: 2 cells

Scythia - (Reaver)
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
ATK: 3
DEF: 2
INT: 3
DEF: 2
EVA: 5%
Move: 2 cells

Legend:

{g} - Grass
- Chance of finding an item.
- Occupable

{G} - Tall Grass
- Chance of Immobilize if Occupied.
- Chance of Poison if damaged while occupying it.

Player Phase I

Tiffany moved closer towards the lantern bearer and closed her eyes. She visualized a bright, shining light, and she silently prayed to her Goddess for protection and loving warmth in this cold night. She needed to know that she was still in favor of her, and that she hadn't fallen out into disservice of any sort. She needed to help keep the party safe and sound. Gently, her crystal ball began to levitate away from her and Vida was wrapped in a bright white light that opened down from the sky.. It was a rather dramatic effect in the darkness around them, and Tiffany was able to see a bit of the road below her feet. After the light diminished, Vida seemed to sparkle with an ethereal luminescence. Her work was done.

[Tiffany moves to H4!
Tiffany uses Benevolence on Vida! [MP: 20/30]
Vida is granted Protect!
Tiffany's S-Ability activates!
Tiffany gains 3 RP! [RP: 3/25]]


Last edited by Wendy on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Silver on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:58 am

Astrid moves to C4!

Astrid had been situated amongst her allies but a second ago–had one not been paying attention to her they would have sworn she had just teleported, for she now stood right next to the closest fiend. And of it she made fairly quick work. A single jab from her right followed by an uppercut and finished with a rather steady kick. The thing crumpled to the ground before her might. Dare it to get back up. she thought, glaring a hole through the–hopefully–defeated enemy.

Astrid uses Strife on Razzia! 3 Hits! 7 Atk Damage per Hit!
Remaining MP: 3/15

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:07 am

Gale cast an eye across the battlefield. Curretly, it couldn't possibily reach an enemy with any spell. By approaching, however, it could open itself to a counter attack. The best course of action was to take no action whatsoever...

Gale stares at it's staff.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Eebit on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:29 pm

{Vina uses Oil Douse on Vina (G3)! Increases INT by 10%! Basic Attack Range Expands to Include Adjacent Cells!}
<MP: 21/30>
{Vina moves to F3 [G3 - F3]}


Her question still hung unanswered in the air. Vina gave a perplexed look to the leading girl who seemed to have all of the answers, though by then her attention had seemed to be diverted to the enemies who now approached their position as a unit. There were still many questions at the forefront of her mind this morning, and none of them - least of all the one she had voiced aloud - seemed any closer to receiving an answer. How can we be expected to work together on this journey? Vina thought to herself, doubting the integrity of the Organization at the present time. After being summoned, she knew little else of what was to befall her... an unnerving prospect to the young lady, who had barely been able to hold her own in the small town she and Philip resided in, let alone against demons.

And should the rumours be indeed true, demons would be exactly what they faced down the road ahead of them. She tried to straighten herself up; to face the adversity. After all, this was the first battle they would battle as a unit. This would set the pace for their journey. Vina knew she could control nobody but herself. I must hold strong... she thought to herself, Can't count on these others to support me. What came as a shock to her was the attention that their newfound leader bestowed upon her, as she gave a quick smile and approached her. Vina tilted her head, uncertain as to what had brought about this reaction, but she had no time to question it. She was enveloped in a sparkle of ethereal lights, causing the world to shimmer. She felt a warm embrace take her over, replacing the shadows and doubt that she had been feeling just moments prior.

With this new resolve, she met the eyes of their still-nameless leader, and whispered nothing more than a quiet, solemn "Thank you." Simple and curt, as was Vina's style when faced with people who she didn't know well (which, frankly, included everyone in the town of Lenolia). The young lantern bearer dipped into her Mana reserves, conjuring something intangible, before unceremoniously waving her hand over the rusted iron lantern. The flame burned brighter and hotter, as though the Mana had acted as something to coax the fiery beast out of its shell, allowing it to burn ever brighter.

"It's been a while since I've fought like this..." Vina spoke aloud, to nobody in particular. "I hope I haven't lost my touch."

Eebit
Drowzy Wanderer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-27
Age : 21
Location : The Great White North

View user profile http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Gist on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:02 pm

15 ATK Damage to Razzia!

Razzia OVERKILL!

Vina's Oil Douse has 3 turns left.

Vina's Protect has 3 turns left.

Chapter 1-1: Twining Threads

Objective: Defeat the Enemies!

Achievement: Steelguard - The party must not lose more than 20 HP combined. (5 AP)

Battle Music: ~


{G} {g} { } {S} { } {H} { } {g} {G} A
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} B
{G} {g} { } {A} { } { } { } {g} {G} C
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} D
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} E
{G} {g} {V} { } { } { } { } {g} {G} F
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} G
{G} {g} { } {T} { } {G} { } {g} {G} H
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Enemy Phase I

Scythia moves to B4!
Scythia attacks Astrid! 5 ATK damage!
1 Damage dealt...
Hestia moves to A5!
Hestia uses Bolt on Astrid for 6 INT damage! Chance of paralysis!
3 damage dealt...
Astrid evades Paralysis!
Scythia waits...
Hestia waits...


{G} {g} { } { } {H} { } { } {g} {G} A
{G} {g} { } {S} { } { } { } {g} {G} B
{G} {g} { } {A} { } { } { } {g} {G} C
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} D
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} E
{G} {g} {V} { } { } { } { } {g} {G} F
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} G
{G} {g} { } {T} { } {G} { } {g} {G} H
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Tiffany - (Mana Scavenger) *Toxemia* (0)
HP: 15/15
MP: 10/30
RP: 14/25
ATK: 1
DEF: 2
INT: 4
SPR: 3
EVA: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Gale - (Wizard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 32/32
AP: 0/10
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5
SPR: 2
EVA: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Astrid - (Soldier)
HP: 21/25
MP: 3/15
AP: 3/10
ATK: 6
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 3
EVA: 30%
Move: 5 cells

Vina - (Lantern Bearer) *Flash Flame* (0) *Oil Douse* (THREE TURNS LEFT) *Protect* (THREE TURNS LEFT)
HP: 15/15
MP: 21/30
AP: 0/10
ATK: 1
DEF: 4
INT: 7 (8)
SPR: 4
EVA: 5%
Move: 2 cells

Hestia - (Dark Magus)
HP: 5/5
MP: 4/15
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5
DEF: 2
EVA: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Razzia - (Reaver) - *OVERKILL*

Scythia - (Reaver)
HP: 10/10
MP: 10/10
ATK: 3
DEF: 2
INT: 3
DEF: 2
EVA: 5%
Move: 2 cells

Legend:

{g} - Grass
- Chance of finding an item.
- Occupable

{G} - Tall Grass
- Chance of Immobilize if Occupied.
- Chance of Poison if damaged while occupying it.

Ally Phase II

Tiffany listened as Vina was the first to break the roaring silence. She appreciated that, but made no effort to continue the conversation. She simply let the silence ring again. She cast her eyes towards Astrid as she simply decimated the first creature. She didn't quite expect something like that... did she? She expected a bit of power to be coming from the soldier, considering her look of apathy at the beginning. She smiled. This wouldn't be too bad... except for Gale. It had yet to take an action. At this rate, it would have done nothing to help the party succeed. She didn't know what course of action she would take against it... For now , she would let this pass. She moved closer towards the enemies, particularly towards Astrid. She saw the bolt of lightning fall upon the grunt and she winced. She went closer to Astrid and muttered a prayer, a sparkling blue light shining down on the woman, molding to her form. Her work was done, and the battle was one step closer to completion.

[Tiffany's S-Ability activates!
Tiffany gains 8 RP! [RP: 11/25]
Tiffany moves to F4!
Tiffany uses Benevolence on Astrid! [MP: 10/30]
Astrid is bestowed with Shell!
Tiffany's S-Ability activates!
Tiffany gains 3 RP! [RP: 14/25]
Tiffany waits...


Last edited by Gist on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:15 am

-They didn't come closer...

Well, that WAS a possibility. The wizard just simply had not foreseen it. Oh, well, nothing else it could do now, only get closer. Gale sighed loud, and began walking forward. It sure didn't look concerned - not that one could see much in terms of expression on it.

-Oh, sorry, that was a little miscalculation...

Gale moves to F6.

Gale is embarassed.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Silver on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Astrid moves cartwheels to B5!

Astrid shrugged off the attacks targeted at her easily, making a target of the mage-type that had shocked her. Had she not been prepared for their attacks, she might have been in a jam, but that was not the case. With the swiftest of movements she propelled herself into a cartwheel, landing just in front of the mage. Another set of punches and the thing fell to the ground beneath her feet. Icy silver eyes locked on the final enemy. "You're next." she hissed.

Astrid attacks Hestia! 2 Hits! 6 Atk Damage per Hit!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Eebit on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:33 am

{Vina moves to D3 [F3 - E3 - D3]}
{Vina basic attacks Empty Cell (B3)! Also targets Grass Cell (B2) and Scythia (B4)! 8 INT Damage!}


Vina observed as her three companions methodically began to position themselves to best eliminate the small threat of the shadowy fiends that had approached the town. She had several encounters in the past during her tenure as the watcher of the town's edge, but never had she really practiced her combat skills. Her allies, especially the woman who had seemed so absolutely bored beforehand, seemed slightly more well-versed in the way of the dance that humans called 'combat.' Her acrobatics enfused with some otherworldly speed were truly breathtaking... though Vina knew better than to let her gaze linger for too long. The enemies were afoot, and that meant that she had to raise her guard up a little more, no matter what spell the party's de facto leader had cast upon her.

Her confidence from the spell placed upon her continued, unwavering. Her meagre attempts at conversation had been met with nothing but silence and empty remarks from the others summoned by the Organization. I gather they want to be here even less than I... Vina surmised, internally, I hardly thought that possible. The ambiguous thing that had joined the trio of women had hardly moved a muscle... if it even had muscles. The only indication that it was still sentient was a slightly androgynous whisper to nobody but itself, as well as a deep sigh and a forward motion. Meanwhile, her other allies had been hard at work butchering the shadows that had encroached upon them. She knew that the foray into the alleged Wyrendom would be quite similar, should they proceed, and that the shadows would grow no less menacing.

But that was for the future. And this was the now. She herself mirrored the questionable figure so tightly garbed that nobody could quite tell just what it was, and took a step forward. Into the throes of battle, she went. As she swung her lantern forward, focusing on the shadowy reaver that had attempted to avenge its counterpart in attacking the bored girl, she felt the flame surge forward, licking the ground and leaving scorch marks in its wake. She knew this to be a risky tactic - especially with so much overgrowth to her immediate left... but such risks often had to be calculated, and also put to the best use that the could be.

Eebit
Drowzy Wanderer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-27
Age : 21
Location : The Great White North

View user profile http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Gist on Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 pm

10 ATK Damage to Hestia!
Hestia OVERKILL!
6 INT Damage to Scythia!
Critical Hit!
9 INT Damage to Scythia!
Scythia is Burned!
Scythia takes 2 Burn Damage!
Scythia KO!


{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} A
{G} {B} { } { } {A} { } { } {g} {G} B
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} C
{G} {g} {V} { } { } { } { } {g} {G} D
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} E
{G} {g} { } {T} { } {G} { } {g} {G} F
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} G
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} H
{G} {g} { } { } { } { } { } {g} {G} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Chapter Complete!

Experience Gained~:

+3 Razzia Overkill
+2 Hestia Overkill
+2 Scythia KO
+2 No Ally KO
+2 No Items Used
+2 No D-Abilities Used
+1 Chapter complete in less than ten
+1 Chapter complete in less than five
+5 Secondary Objective SUCCESSFUL!

Total Experience: 20

Tiffany: 0/12 --- 20/12
Level UP!
Next Level: 8/16
AP: 1/10

Gale: 0/12 --- 20/12
Level UP!
Next Level: 8/16
AP: 1/10

Astrid: 0/12 --- 20/12
Level UP!
Next Level: 8/16
AP: 4/10

Vina: 0/12 --- 20/12
Level UP!
Next Level: 8/16
AP: 3/10

-----

Items Found:~

Potion x1
Cracked Stone x2

-----

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come soon.


Last edited by Wendy on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Gist on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Tiffany looked at the ragtag team once again. She sighed and wondered how in the world she was ever going to break the ice with these companions. Would she introduce herself? No, she had already done that. She could state the reason they were there... but she had already done that. She was speechless; there really simply wasn't much of anything to talk about. Dark, roiling clouds began to smother what breaking dawn there was, making the scenery as black as it had been a few minutes ago. She sighed and put a smile on her face. Optimism was needed in times like these. She briskly marched forward. "Absolutely brilliant! I have never seen such fighting skills such as yours! Well done! Now, then, we need to keep constant vigilance about us as we proceed away into unknown territory. Who knows what lurks behind the nooks and crannies that's waiting to trip us and make us fall where we stand?" She felt something right then; she couldn't tell what it was, but a sense of apprehension travelled up her spine, making the hairs on the back of her neck erect and tingly. "Like what we have here... I can't see anything, but I am certain that something is quite near us. Brace yourselves."

Chapter 1-1-A: It All Starts Somewhere...

Objective: Proceed forward! Defeat the Enemies...?

Bonus Objective: Sharp Sight: Uncover an Enemy within two PLAYER PHASES. [7 EXP]

Atmosphere: Hazy Darkness - Where in the world is anything anymore? Enemies are not Visible until an Ally Unit is within 3 cells of it!



{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} {r} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} B
{ } { } {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{C} {r} { } { } { } {r} { } { } { } G
{r} { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} {B} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} I
{ } { } {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } J
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{ } { } { } { } {r} {T} { } { } { } L
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } M
{r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} N
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


Allies:
Tiffany Lorewhy - (Mana Scavenger) *TOXEMIA* (0)
HP: 15/15
MP: 35/35
RP: 0/30
AP: 4/10
ATK: 1
DEF: 2
INT: 6
SPR: 4
EVA: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Enemies:
None yet...

Legend:
{r} - Rock - A simple stone. Will you leave it unturned?
~ Inoccupable
~ Trigger Command: Kick the Rock! - May be kicked away. If it hits a unit, the rock deals 50% Neutral ATK Damage. Range: 2 cells. Chance of finding an item.

{B} - Bag - A bag that contains untold wonders. What might you find in it?
~ Inoccupable
~ Trigger Command: Search - Open the bag and reveal its contents.

{C} - Chest - A locked wooden box.
~Inoccupable
~ Trigger Command: Open - Open the locked chest. Requires: Brass Key x1, Cracked Stone x1.



~ Placement Phase ~

Ally Units may begin in rows M-N, columns 3-7!


Last edited by Wendy on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Eebit on Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:34 pm

{Vina starts at M4}

The final shadow was extinguished by the flame of her lantern, as simultaneously the previously-bored acrobatic female had eliminated her target. No, eliminated was too light a word for what she had done; it was more of a slaughter. A graceful, artistic, yet gruesome slaughter. "That was..." Vina felt the need to select her words carefully, "deceivingly easy...?" The lantern bearer had expected much more resistance from these terrible demons that had allegedly overthrown the southern kingdom. She released the Mana she had been concentrating into her lantern, allowing it to dissipate, before extinguishing the physical flame itself. Dawn was breaking. It would no longer be necessary to-

Well, she had apparently acted too hastily.

Dawn's hopeful glimmer piercing the veil of night that had been coating the night sky slowly began to be once more swallowed by the murky darkness. But this was not time going backwards... was it? Surely not, Vina thought, contemplatively. No, the shadows that were mounting the sky slowly were of the same abyssal consistency that the monsters that had attacked them were made up of, she surmised. Vina hardly had time to ask what was going on before even the glow that had surrounded her from their leader's Mana was dispelled from her. The woman started a brisk march into the darkness, trudging forward so as to not let her resolve waver... or give the rest of them an opportunity to back down.

Vina felt compelled - or rather, obligated - to follow the woman who had been assigned as their leader. She took a moment to light her lantern once more, letting its flame pierce the otherwise omnipresent darkness. This was her job. This is what she was made for. As the flame illuminated the way in front of her, she stayed slightly back from the woman with her pristine blue-tinged robe, traipsing off into a skirt. This is the life the higher-ups live... she thought, not with disdain or spite, but perhaps with a bit of longing. Perhaps, one day, she and Philip could live like that. Perhaps...

"Absolutely brilliant! I have never seen such fighting skills such as yours! Well done! Now, then, we need to keep constant vigilance about us as we proceed away into unknown territory." The woman. She seemed strikingly optimistic about the gloom, though Vina was not sure what had excited her so. They were here on a mission. Nothing more than that, really. And the others didn't seem very willing to put up a conversation... "Who knows what lurks behind the nooks and crannies that's waiting to trip us and make us fall where we stand?" Yes... who knew indeed. The shadows troubled the young lantern bearer. If they had the potency and power to take over an entire kingdom, who knew what was to come? It worried her. She would not lie to herself. But even in the face of all of the adversity, she kept her wits and her resolve about her. Vina shivered violently, causing her lantern to wiggle slightly.

"The least I can do," she said aloud, clearing her hoarse throat midsentence, "is cast a glow for us. I will light the way. Should we... should we assemble in a sort of formation?"


Last edited by Eebit on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Eebit
Drowzy Wanderer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-27
Age : 21
Location : The Great White North

View user profile http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:39 pm

Gale remained speechless, and just followed Tiffany around. The wizard did not wish to comment on it's previous performance, and was still rather embarassed. That is, until the lights went out. The mage turned around and shaked, running to stand by the girl with a lantern.

-We...should not divide...too dark...

Gale raised it's staff and stood ground, trembling slightly. The  party could see, however, how it's eyes seemed to glow in the dark.

Gale starts on cell M3.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Silver on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Astrid starts at M7!

Astrid rolled her eyes. The compliment issued by their "leader" meant nothing to her. Just useless words. If they hadn't been powerful, they would still have been fighting. The creatures would still be alive. But, as expected, the Soldier did not say a word about the comment. She merely followed and entered a battle position when her comrades did.

Fog of War would not impede her massacre.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Gist on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Chapter 1-1-A: It All Starts Somewhere...

Objective: Proceed forward! Defeat the Enemies...?

Bonus Objective: Sharp Sight: Uncover an Enemy within two PLAYER PHASES. [7 EXP]

Atmosphere: Hazy Darkness - Where in the world is anything anymore? Enemies are not Visible until an Ally Unit is within 2 cells of it!



{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} {r} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} B
{ } { } {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{C} {r} { } { } { } {r} { } { } { } G
{r} { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} {B} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} I
{ } { } {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } J
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{ } { } { } { } {r} {T} { } { } { } L
{ } { } {G} {V} { } { } {A} { } { } M
{r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {r} N
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


Allies:
Tiffany Lorewhy - (Mana Scavenger) *TOXEMIA* (0)
HP: 15/15
MP: 35/35
RP: 0/30
AP: 4/10
ATK: 1
DEF: 2
INT: 6
SPR: 4
EVA: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Astrid Lione - (Soldier)
HP: 30/30
MP: 15/15
AP: 4/10
Atk: 7
Def: 5)
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 30%
Move: 5 Cells

Gale - (Wizard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 37/37
AP: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 7
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Movement: 2 cells

Vina Arati - (Lantern Bearer)
HP: 15/15
MP: 35/35
AP: 3/10
ATK: 1
DEF: 5
INT: 8
SPR: 4
Evasion: 5%
Movement: 3 cells 

Enemies:
None yet...

Legend:
{r} - Rock - A simple stone. Will you leave it unturned?
~ Inoccupable
~ Trigger Command: Kick the Rock! - May be kicked away. If it hits a unit, the rock deals 50% Neutral ATK Damage. Range: 2 cells. Chance of finding an item.

{B} - Bag - A bag that contains untold wonders. What might you find in it?
~ Inoccupable
~ Trigger Command: Search - Open the bag and reveal its contents.

{C} - Chest - A locked wooden box.
~Inoccupable
~ Trigger Command: Open - Open the locked chest. Requires: Brass Key x1, Cracked Stone x1.

~ Ally Phase I ~


Tiffany looked towards the higgledy-piggledy group that she had assembled together. Astrid, the soldier seemed to still be carefully hiding her emotions, though she had a feeling that she had something going on deep inside her, whether that be a serious emotion or not. She wasn't sure with the direction she wanted to take this. Gale... was still unidentified at the moment, and she wasn't sure whether they were even really human or not. She sighed. Vina Arati... She seemed to be the most human out of the three members. This, in turn, made it the easiest for her to address. "Vina, I do say that you have an odd sense of leadership, but I suppose that with your light, you can lead us forward without exception. I'll help you make sure that we get you back home to your brother. Let's find these missing people."

The seed was planted. She stepped forward away from the light, a small grin forming on her face. She would be able to conduct her research here with these three. They seemed to be capable enough to handle it, and she was sure that she would even be able to complete her primary objective to boot. She just hoped that the others weren't catching on to her subliminal motives. She hadn't revealed anything too heavy yet, or even at all, but who knows exactly how perceptive these people were? That's why they were well-qualified subjects. Efficiency could possibly be an actual dream rather than just a simmering concept that laid skinned over at the back of her brain. Finally.

[Tiffany moves to J6!
Tiffany waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:13 am

Gale looked one way, looked another way, and saw no movement. He did spot a rock somewhere, though.

...cover...?

The wizard ran to the rock, rather clumsy, one might add, and crouched behind it.

Gale moves to K3.

Gale waits.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Eebit on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 pm

{Vina uses Oil Douse on Vina (M4)! Increases INT by 10%! Basic Attack Range Expands to Include Adjacent Cells!}
<MP: 26/35>
{Vina moves to K4 [M4 - L4 - K4]}


As the leading woman spoke, Vina felt her face flush slightly from being put on the spot. She also didn't recall ever stating her name in front of these people... did the Organization have tracking records of them? Just how much did the blonde woman know? The lantern bearer decided that now was not the time for such questions, and nodded silently, before stating plainly, in nary more than a whisper, "I don't pretend to be a leader, m'lady. I am simply doing the job I have been designated to perform." A flat response though it was, Vina said it in the most courteous way she could muster. However, the fact that their leader knew so much, but was telling them so little nagged at the back of her mind...

Missing people...? she wondered, before noting the presence of the being with the straw hat disturbingly close to her. In its wavering, indeterminable voice, she felt something... was it fear? The... thing, be it male or female, seemed apprehensive of something. Vina held up her lantern to get a better look at its face - to shed some light on its identity, but it quickly scurried away, crouching before a rock. "What is it... friend?" Vina tried her best to make her voice as compassionate as possible, imagining she was talking to Philip instead of some androgynous and yet simultaneously faceless being. "Are you... scared of the dark?" It seemed odd to her that it would be, as its hat seemed to keep its face in a haze of perennial darkness, save for those ominous eyes, blazing through the shadows like some sort of strange light.

She opted to follow it to the rock at the edge of the light cast by her lantern, but not before adding a spark of artificial Mana to the small flame once more. She crouched beside him, careful not to let the biting flame nip its hat, nor its flowing robes. "Hey... hey. It's going to be alright. Just stick with me, we'll fend off the darkness." Vina didn't know for certain whether or not she could trust this strange being, but she knew that it was frightened. And if she was going to embark on some sort of strange journey with these three... well, she had to start somewhere.

Eebit
Drowzy Wanderer

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-06-27
Age : 21
Location : The Great White North

View user profile http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Silver on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Astrid moves to H7!

She wasted no time in tending to her "allies" and their fears. No, Astrid was not so compassionate. Instead, she charged into the distance without the slightest bit of hesitation. Her muscles taught, reflexes ready. A small surge of mana burst into existence around her as she went, illuminating her figure for but a moment before she disappeared from definite sight.

The mana faded almost instantly, coursing to her eyes and mind making everything in the area sharply focused. Almost as if she were looking through a lens. The soldier did not say anything, nor did she think anything of it––there was no need. No one was around to take note of the spectacle any longer, and certainly anyone who approached unallied to her would fall before her might.

Such was the killing instinct.

Astrid uses Killer Enhancement on herself! +20% Critical Hit Rate for Five Turns!
Remaining MP: 5/15

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Resolving to Innocence

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:17 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum