DURN PROJECT

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:01 pm

"I think I'm gonna touch it." 17 said, rubbing his wrist nervously as he motioned toward the marking. "It feels like it's the right thing to do. I don't know why, but it does. Anything is better than being stuck here." The symbol held an innate vigor that nothing else in that maze could compare to. The bugs, the bricks, the endless corridors, all black and white and devoid of life and unique distinction. That marking, however, symbolized something different - a beautiful thing.

For quite a while after his awakening, the word "beautiful" stumbled around in 17's vocabulary for the longest time. He held a vague understanding of its meaning, but could find nothing to call "beautiful." The bugs and the bricks certainly weren't, he knew. But still he couldn't say what beauty looked like, and only hoped that as it revealed itself before him, he would know.

"It's quite pretty, yeah?" He said. As he witnessed blue for the first time, a deep rumbling of his heart convinced him the world was not a cold, colorless place. He wanted to see more. He needed to see more. And so, he pressed his hand against the wall.

Everything shook. Darkness and ceilings fell over them, and through breaking floors and shattering bricks the two fell into a deep, black unconsciousness.

~

"Do you hear that? Can you feel it?" The strange, false man spoke to an invisible 26. "This facility is shattering. I hadn't anticipated their God would fail his orders so soon." As the quartet of golems slowly began to move less fluidly in their actions, they soon came to a full stop, deactivating and crumbling to the ground. "I have little time, but much to tell you.

"I am an attendant of Binah, the arbiter of all that is 'Understanding.' All things, in all forms, under all light, are given shape. All light. That is Binah. Binah will give you context. Understanding. A light to fall under."
He continued. "As this facility shatters, you will no longer lay subject to the bent will of the God who resides here. He has not cast you light, but shrouded you in darkness. Now, his veils crumbles. He cannot hide you from the light anymore. Binah has found you all."

As cracks widened in the floor, the mounds of treasure, ancient coins and intricate necklaces, seeped through and fell into the darkness. A large chunk of the ceiling dropped between 57 and 26, revealing blue and cloud. Transiently, there was light.

But then, nothing. A swift, painless unconsciousness.

~

Spoiler:
//LOADING_OLD_GOD_BREACH_PORT004
//URGENCY_RED
//GOD_INPUT_REQUIRED
//GOD_INPUT_REQUIRED
//GOD_INPUT_REQUIRED
//LOADING_FAILED
//NO_INPUT
//CONTROL_CENTER_UNMANNED
//SUBJECT_OF_UNREST:_BINAH
//OLD_GOD_BREACH
//SUBJECT_OF_UNREST:_BINAH
//OLD_GOD_02
//OVERRUN
//TEMPLE_OF_AWAKENING_325
//TERMINATED
//NEW_GOD_325:_EZRA_CIPRIS
//FILE_DELETED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED
//TERMINATED-----------

~

The Temple of Awakening has been destroyed. All units within have been rendered unconscious. All battles have ended. Interrupted battles grant +5 EXP.

Experience:
#26 EXPERIENCE:

+5 - Battle interrupted

TOTAL EXP: 5

#26: 6/16 ---> 11/16
Next Level: 11/16

#26 ITEMS FOUND:

N/A

---

#69 EXPERIENCE:

+5 - Battle interrupted

#69: 10/12 ---> 15/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!
Next Level: 3/16

#69 ITEMS FOUND:

N/A

---

#09 EXPERIENCE:

+5 - Battle interrupted

#09: 5/16 ---> 10/16
Next Level: 10/16

#09 ITEMS FOUND:

N/A

---

#42 EXPERIENCE:

+5 - Battle interrupted

#42: 10/12 ---> 15/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!

#42 ITEMS FOUND:

N/A

---

#35 EXPERIENCE:

+5 - Battle interrupted
+4 - I want you to be level 2 and since it's DURN PROJECT I do what I want

TOTAL EXP: 9

#35: 6/12 ---> 15/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!

#35 ITEMS FOUND:

N/A

An indeterminate amount of time passes. Each number awakens, disoriented and lost, in an unfamiliar location. Curiously, the Self appears to have departed from each of them. The inner machinations of their minds are now theirs and theirs alone. They have been freed.

Or have they simply become slaves to something even greater? To something even more unknown?

WELCOME TO
DURN PROJECT

~

THE CROWN OF RUST

F R A G M E N T / 0 1

~

THE RUINED PRECIPICE
13 & 17

17 awoke to the busy roars of cascading water that anointed his face with splashes of unending salt. He found himself in an open room, of what he could only assume to be the abandoned ruins of the prison he once inhabited. On a slight tilt, he rested gently atop a dilapidated, circular metal opening that exposed him to the outside world. From within the facility, rushing water bubble up from beneath and poured relentlessly out of the opening, dousing 17's feet in a cold shower as they dangled off the edge of the hole. He was quite high up, he could tell. As he gazed out the window before him, he witnessed the unified shuffling of trees and branches far beneath him. A verdant overgrowth stretched deep beyond the horizon, and sparking rivers laced beneath him like pencilmarks drawn on paper.

"Do you see this, pal?" He said as he looked over to 13, who regained consciousness resting precariously atop a nearby horizontal beam. "I knew there was more! There's so much more, can't you see? It's all blue, and green, and pretty!" It was true. Not even the facility appeared monochromatic any longer. Its white insides had stained a deep red with the long passage of time and rust, gilded with the onset of heavy moss and wildlife. Even his prison, he admitted, was beautiful. He couldn't contain his joy. He laughed like a congested walrus attempting to shove scissors down its throat, nearly falling from the window in his giddy glee.

~

THE SHATTERED GORGE
09 & 12

The Shattered Gorge curved deep beneath the rest of the slanted ruins, culminating in a dark, muddy valley. It resided in the ominous shade of the collapsed temple, shielded from the sun by heaps of metallic overhangs and abandoned buildings. Occasionally, a stray pillar or wall would fall from the Crown of Rust and plunge into the darkest crevices of the gorge, temporarily allowing droplets of sunlight to leak through the opened space like water. During these periods of illumination, one could see swarms of dust drifting like schools of fish through a transient ocean of light, diving deep into the gorge. At the bottom of the gorge, where 09 and 12 awoke, their surroundings remained dim and cold. If they looked upward at the right time of day, then maybe, if they were lucky, they'd see the slightest speck of sunlight, gently lingering above them like stars in a dark, dampened night sky.

The path before them was narrow. Much like a murky alley cemented between a pair of great, towering skyscrapers, the gorge presented them with a slim, dirty lane to traverse. A mere collection of steps away, but far enough to leave his distinguishing features ambiguous, an unknown figure leaned patiently against one of the valley's crumbling walls. His shoulders appeared wide and imposing, and much like the walls surrounding them, he stood tall and magnificent - a perfectly formed human being, with the perfect body, an impenetrable wall. However, he carried himself not with bulk nor brutish stature, but with grace and poise. He calculated each casual movement of his body, each inward breath and exhalation, with utmost precision and accuracy. Even in the darkened muck of the Shattered Gorge, the blonde curls atop his head caught the sparse specks of daylight in its careful tangles. It shimmered near bronze and spread sunbeams through each curl like sheets of stained glass. One could not object to its beauty. He was the perfect mixture of elegance and strength. Note, of course, this is merely at first glance.

"Are either of you injured?" His voice bellowed with a strong echo as it floated through the gorge.

~

THE RING OF IRON

26 awoke at an angle, resting gently atop a glass window, trees and earth miles beneath her. As if she had been caught in a delicate hammock made purely of air and cloud, the window supported her weight, if only barely. With each movement, she could hear the fragile crackings and creaks of glass and metal well up against her ear. Quite quickly, she was able to determine she was at a slant, resting upon an outer ring of what could only be the now-disassembled facility that once held her captive.

The hallway she found herself within was disorienting. Due to the way the facility sled and tilted with age and wear, she found herself standing carefully atop what was once a wall, or a window. Before her lay an assorted array of shattered windows, precariously positioned steel beams, and opened gaps that would suck her hundreds of feet below should she take a false step. The floor, which now served as the inner wall to 26's left, appeared relatively stable. Several meters forward, the hallway appeared to curve beyond her line of sight. However, above her, she could see open doorways in what now served as her ceiling. Perhaps, if she could successfully acrobat her way to one of the open doors, she could find something notable?

However, if she narrowed her hearing well enough, she could pinpoint a strange, more foreign noise hidden carefully beneath the cracks and bends of glass and metal. It sounded almost like... the pitter and patter of strange footsteps? Akin to a step, at least. Definitely not human in nature. Much lighter, less clunky. Delicate, almost. Certainly not just two, either. Four? Six? Perhaps, even eight?

~

THE EMERALD THICKET
35 & 42 & 69

The trio lethargically awoke in a notable crater, several feet beneath much of their surroundings. Approximately one-hundred feet in diameter, the crater obscured much of the nearby scenery from sight. Within the crater appeared very little of note: an occasional piece of stray metal that fell from the facility that overlooked them atop the side of a nearby mountain, but not much else. A radiant, blue sky domed them from above. The weather was quite beautiful, a brisk day with nary a foul cloud in sight. The crater even blocked them from any overly-chilling gusts of wind. Everything seemed truly pleasant. Unnaturally peaceful, if you would.

A gentle hum emanated from a bush that crested the edge of the crater. Another hum, similar in tone. This one came from a different edge, behind the remnants of a fallen tree trunk. Another hum, higher, this time from amidst the bushels of leaves of a great tree overhead. More voices, more hums, each different yet similar in tone, began to whisper amidst the surroundings.

The three of them were not alone.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:15 pm

Darkness had overcome everything until Vivian could see no more; her daring crimson eyes closed into a  drifting slumber, losing herself in the looming chaos. When she had finally awakened, she found herself laying on the pitiless cold ground of yet another place she did not know of or remember... which would be almost any place considering the circumstance. "Was I... dreaming?" the amnesic woman pondered aloud. The voice of her Self did not make himself heard to either confirm or deny; perhaps he had grown weary of her and her presence, or maybe by some will of the fates he had been separated from her consciousness. Vivian sat up and felt her hand around the floor near her until she grasped her twin-edged scythe.

Still here, but where is here?

A masculine voice reverberated through the area, asking if she and 12 were hurt. "Either of us?" she repeated, trying to snap out of her shaky state of just having woken up. "Ah! Aishaia!" Ignoring the man that had addressed her, she frantically scoured about for her companion until she spotted her nearby. Vivian rushed with haste to her side and brushed Aishaia's hair aside, checking for wounds. "Aishaia, are you alright?! You aren't harmed, are you? I couldn't bear the thought of something happening to you..." Vivian wrapped her arms around Aishaia and buried her face into her shoulder. "Please... just say something."

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:38 pm

"What are you saying?" Grey demands, furrowing her brow at the man across the room from her. "Who is Binah?" She did not get her answer then, for everything happens so quickly and the light fades from her eyes right after she poses her question. The next thing she knows is a chilly surface against the side of her face and the fragile creaks and cracks in the surface beneath her body. She opens her eye, remaining completely calm and motionless in the face of a hundred foot drop. Carefully, very carefully, Grey moves herself off the window and onto a more stable surface nearby.

She got a good look at her surroundings. The area is set up like a gym, though Grey isn't quite sure where that thought comes from. A slight worry came with her sensing other creatures approaching. But there was only two ways out of here, and she did not want to take the fall. So she primed her legs and leaped up to the first bar, swinging herself until she could get enough momentum to flip herself up to the next, hooking her legs over it with ease.

Grey took a moment to pause and breathe before swiftly switching to her feet and jumping up to the door's opening. She pulled herself up fluidly and took a quick glance around, feeling the dust swirl around her, ready to turn her invisible in the blink of an eye, if she needed.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:45 pm

"I think I'm alright. Just a little bit dizzy." Aishaia whispered, "We can't seem to be apart for very long, can we?" She chuckled lightly, a peculiar shiver plaguing her quiet voice. Her gaze shifted to the unknown man. As her narrowed eyes closed softly with a tired weight, she buried her head deeper into the folds of Vivian's dress. "Maybe he can help us, Vivian. Maybe he can help us find Shaiathusa." She bared her blue eyes to Vivian and smiled. "We don't have to be alone in this, you know?"

The man stepped forward. "She looks injured." He mentioned, pointing a pale hand to a crimson blotch staining Aishaia's side. He approached the kneeling pair and turned to Vivian. His golden eyes peered into her. They simmered brightly as they caught sparse streams of light in their gaze. "May I see her?" Gently motioning a large palm near Aishaia's face, he asked Vivian, his voice soft yet firm, though not pressing nor strict.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:49 pm

"...I don't know if we can trust him," Vivian murmured back, her face still resting against Aishaia's shoulder with half-lidded eyes. "It seems everything we've come across so far has tried to hurt us." The young lady in red felt her heart tauten when Aishaia said they didn't have to be alone. We don't have to be alone? Vivian's inner voice resounded through her mind to make sure what she had heard registered. We aren't alone as long as we have each other, don't you see? You're all I need, Aishaia... I don't want anyone else to come between us. Everyone else will either hurt us or leave us. You won't try to leave me too, will you, Aishaia? No. You can't do that. I won't allow it. Whether we make it out of here or remain trapped for the rest of our lives... I'll see to it that we'll be together either way. Vivian spoke up again after her mental monologue. "We can find Shaiathusa... just the two of us. I won't stop looking until you're happy," she promised, her eyes slowly turning to meet the man that was approaching them.

It went without saying that Vivian did not trust this man, as she had not forgotten what she had been told the moment she had first gained consciousness at the very beginning. Something about this man in particular put Vivian on edge, as she tensed up the closer he got to them. The second he reached for Aishaia, Vivian blenched and pulled Aishaia out of his reach, and proceeded to shield her by placing herself in front of her.

"She said she was fine."

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top