DURN PROJECT

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:05 pm

She went in appearing unarmed, but she did not fear what might await her. The woman stepped into the area and stopped, peering through the vast nothingness and spotted something odd. Very odd, indeed. There was color to the world now, though she did not know where that large door led. Did it even matter? She had walked this wasteland and had seen nothing, and now ehre she was, and here was something.

You're not alone, Number 26.

She didn't need her Self to tell her that, she had already sensed the presence of another person. The way that blood and sweat took to the air almost made her sick, but she grit her teeth and bared through it. This other one had not been as clean in her fighting as she had. Or perhaps this other one had been fighting for a long time.

Without a word, she drew a line in the dust around her, her hand grasping onto the handle as her sword formed before her own eyes. The blade felt sharp to the touch, but even that sharpness could not break through stone. Not yet, anyway. She gazed upon the rocks around her. Columns and two stone guardians. Or were they even stone? Something told her that magic would be no use here.

Not that she had magic to begin with.

"You don't suppose these things will just move out of the way for us, do you?" She reached out with her voice, but never looked in the direction of the other. She kept her body faced forward. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see the other. It was a woman, she was certain of it. The way she dressed made that much plain enough.

You'd be better off killing her.

You'd be better off staying silent. She had no intention of killing anyone, not yet at least. Not until she learned just what was going on in this world. Then...she shook her head of these thoughts. They were unwanted and unnecessary. Another look at the other, she might be able to kill her. She didn't feel like putting that to the test at the moment though, she wanted to know what was behind those doors. She would hope the other felt the same.

#26 starts in G-6

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Silver on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Thirteen starts at I5!

To say that Thirteen felt ever so uncomfortable when the youth gestured was to say the least. As a matter of fact, he felt even worse than when he had first awoken. But, he supposed, that if the other teen could manage to keep quiet in order to spare his feelings, the least he, himself, could do was follow and hopefully find a way out. Forget feeling sorry for himself––if they could find a way out they could figure out just what had happened to themselves.

Together.

The presences within him didn't like the sound of that word, but they could not stop him as he followed the wind-weilding other. Of course, their unvoiced protests went unmatched by his Self, who ranted endlessly about how foolish Thirteen was choosing to be. In joining up with this boy he had made himself an easy target––a fly easily swatted once his guard lowered.

Thirteen ignored his Self.

When the duo finally came to the top of the staircase they had been winding their way up, the Championed slid to the side a bit. The creatures before them were like the previous butterflies they had faced, only now they joined with some swarm of other bugs. Thirteen's nose crinkled. Gross, he thought, his mental voice projecting out into the room.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:15 pm

#017 starts at I3.

A strange glimmer peeked its way from atop the leftmost corner of the final stair. 17 stretched upward and onto the very edges of his toes to get a better look, finding a strange pouch snagged on the higher side of the stair. "Pal, you see that up there? Looks like we got ourselves some loot!" 17 shared excitedly, "We can play some rock-paper-scissors to determine who gets what, if you want."

You really are "lost," aren't you?

17 ignored his Self's snide remark, and instead beamed a toothy smile to the boy at his right. He figured it would be best to keep his notions to himself, you know, to give the poor kid a little personal space. After all, 13 didn't seem like the touchy kind, and 17 respected that. When he felt more comfortable with 17, then, perhaps, he'd give him a nice pat on the back or something.

13 + 17:

Day 01, Event 02
~ The ten-thousandth step

Location: Temple of Awakening - Ascending Hall
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: N/A
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {1} { } { } { } C
{ } {2} { } { } { } {3} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } {/} { } {\} { } { } F
{B} {/} { } { } { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } {#} { } {#} { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


#17 (Ventus)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

#13 (The Championed)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 25 / 25
SC: 2 / 2
ATK: 4
DEF: 2
INT: 2
SPR: 4
MOVE: 3

Larvumbra (1)
HP: 30 / 30
MP: 80 / 80
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 2

Shadefly (2)
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

Shadefly (3)
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

/ - Ledge (Environment)
Can cast/float over
Indestructible


Player Phase 1!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Vergil on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:47 pm

As soon as the remaining fly was struck one final time, 09 dragged its lifeless corpse across the hard floor by her scythe, leaving a trail of blood. She advanced and reach the end of the corridor, which led into a new area which prominently featured a giant door at the end of the room. She wasn't getting any answers and was growing impatient, with more questions manifesting with every moment and observation. The world couldn't have possibly been a sempiternal labyrinth winding narrowly without another human life or a definitive horizon, could it? 09 wouldn't even know of a sky if it had existed; everything she knew she only learned through the moments she first awakened from the initial chamber, to the aggravating buzzing of the insects, or to the even more intolerable voice of her Self.

"You don't suppose these things will just move out of the way for us, do you?"

A voice reached her ears while she still stared at the door, lost in her moment of introspection. 09 looked down at the two gargantuan figures that were standing by the door, and then to the owner of the voice. It was another woman, one that stood seemingly without expression. At last, there was another comprehensible being in the midst of this madness. One thing bothered 09, as the question was spoken rather nonchalantly, as if this person were not concerned about what was going on. Was this person another number with forgotten memories, aware that she must kill in order to regain her former life? Or did she already hold all the answers, and knew of a true way out of this mess? If the latter were the case, then 09 considered befriending her and could offer to assist in her endeavors if she could help her in return.

However, it was the former possibility where 09's Self would play the voice of doubt.
"What's this here, another woman? Must be my birthday! You know... you can't really trust anyone right? You oughtta fight 'er right now and show 'er who's the alpha girl 'round these parts. Dominate her until she begs for mercy! Hee hee hee... Oh I wish the ground were a giant tub of puddin'... then you two could wrestle in it and rip each other's clothes off... maybe get a little scissor action here or there..."
09 chose not to even dignify what he had said with a response.
"I know whatcher thinkin'. You wanna be all bff-sies with her and whatnot and have a gay ol' time braidin' each others hair and makin' each other flower necklaces or whatever the shit you do. But I'm warnin' ya. Your words could be perceived as an attempt at trickery. You can't trust anybody... and ain't nobody gon' trust you. Do yourself a favor and give her the ol' one-two when you get the chance."

09 sighed and forced a small smile as she responded to the other person in the room. "No... I guess not. If something as big as them are here, whatever is behind that door must be really important."

09 starts at G-4
It's just like G-3 only it is a superior upgrade for cellphones

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Silver on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:02 am

Thirteen moves to G4!

Thirteen casts Silent Rhapsody! Siren is summoned at F4! -1 SC!
Remaining MP: 13/25

In the presence of Champions, the powers of protection and love are truly felt! Champion's Influence boosts Thirteen's Def and Spr by 5%!


Glancing over at the boy, Thirteen couldn't help but smile. Although the presences within his heart and mind could not help but disapprove, he felt content that this other boy could feel so carefree. He's so different, he thought explicitly to himself, eliciting a groan from his Self.

Of course he's different, it groaned in exasperation, they're all different! Personalities, appearances, experiences. Different: every last one of them. At this the voice seemed to take in a breath, a sudden reprimanding tone lending itself to her voice. But in the end they're all the same. They all have the same objective. YOU should have that same objective. Sure, he may seem all sweet and nice and full of nothing but goodness, but it's a load of shit––at this Thirteen cringed, but quickly smoothed the wrinkle in his brow––he'll kill you once he's got your guard down and you're a fool for trusting him.

Perhaps you're just jaded, Thirteen retorted, purposefully ignoring the tirade that followed. Instead, he took a couple steps towards the swarm and butterflies, sensing from one of his Champions that a very strategic move was in order. The second he reached a decent position, his hand fell to the chain at his side, which he unraveled and then wielded.

Siren moves to D4!

With a burst of salt air, the woman with the shell appeared again. She glanced to Thirteen for a moment, then to the other boy, before finally looking ahead at the opposition. With powerful steps she strode toward the bugs and, once positioned close to all of them, put her shell to her lips. All at once a beautiful melody resounded in the room––had the music's magic not been dulled in his and Seventeen's ears, no doubt it would have caused the very same effect that it appeared to be having in the bugs. Drowsiness. Wings flapping slower... the swarm slowly ceasing to move.

Siren casts Siren Song! 1, 2, and 3 are hit! Chance of Sleep! Seduction increases the chance of Sleep!
Remaining MP: 15/25

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:02 am

09 + 26:
Day 01, Event 02
~ The biggest door in the world

Location: Temple of Awakening - Gilded Gate
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: Kill a Temple Guardian with the other Temple Guardian's Detonation ability!
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } {1} { } {2} { } { } { } B
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } {#} { } {#} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


#26 (Summoned Blade)
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

#09 (Lady in Red)
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 3
MOVE: 3

Temple Guardian (1)
HP: 18 / 18
MP: 40 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 99
INT: 6
SPR: 99
MOVE: 2

Temple Guardian (2)
HP: 18 / 18
MP: 40 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 99
INT: 6
SPR: 99
MOVE: 2

Column (Environment)
HP: 30 / 30
DEF: 10
SPR: 10

Door (Environment)
Indestructible

X Wall (Environment)
Indestructible


Player Phase 1!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:28 pm

The other woman didn't attack her. That was a good sign, to be sure. She wondered how much the other knew about this place. If there was any information that they could trade, then that would make this a beneficial relation. Should she put forth the question herself? If she went up to attack these things before determining if this person was a friend or a foe, that could be the end of her.

You could let her attack first, and then you would be able to backstab her instead.

If I don't do anything, she isn't going to just run up and attack them for the same reason. Think before you speak, Fool.

She turned her head slightly to the side, never taking her eyes off of the stone guardians that had not yet moved. She wouldn't risk going up to them without knowing that she would be safe from this other. "I'm very curious to see what lies beyond that door. What say you and I make a temporary truce to see this fight through? I could definitely use the assistance." She offered, letting her blade hover just above the ground in front of her, pointing to the ground, but never touching it.

#26 waits.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Vergil on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:12 pm

A temporary truce? The two words rang suspiciously in her mind, as what could the other woman possibly mean by it? If she didn't want to come off as a threat, would she have needed to offer a truce? If it was something temporary, would what happen once it ended? 09 became uncomfortable and distrustful, her fear of a sudden ambush became more realistic, however she didn't have much of a choice but to go along with it until the other woman actually tried something. 09 simply would have to be ready for it.

"See? What'd I tell ya? That connivin' little minx is plannin' to jump ya the first opportunity she gets... I say let her. Y'know... just see where it goes for a bit...

Continuing to tune out the voice of her Self, 09 casually responded to the other in the room. "Sounds reasonable... but I have to ask... just who are you? I wouldn't be overstepping boundaries by wondering who my unexpected comrade is, would I?" She then turned back to the colossal twins, twirling her scythe expectantly. 09 had no idea how exactly she was going to fight those creatures, and though her usual first instincts would be to charge in head first, logic overruled the notion to wait and devise a proper strategy first.

09 Waits

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:23 pm

Who am I? The question posed to her run through her hollow mind, repeating itself over and over again until she thought her head might explode. She didn't know who she was. Right now, she was only a number, and even that...that was no proper way to call oneself. But a name...could she even try to remember it? It seemed like ages since she had a proper name. Or maybe she didn't have one from the start, and this was just an empty body with her soul trapped inside. But that didn't explain her powers, or her familiarity with her own muscles.

"I was given the number 26, but you can call me Grey," she decided. It was better than having a number for a name, and she would prefer to be called that rather than Number 26.

That's an odd name to call yourself. Her Self mused, but she ignored the voice. She paused for a moment, weighing her options before her. She wondered if she could get a quick advantage by jumping forward. Her powers would let her close the gap rather easily, and she could get a quick hit in before the enemy could react. Step forward, use a flash step, then attack.

"I think we should target the same guardian. We might be able to kill it quickly if we pile our efforts," Grey suggested, silver eyes glinting as the plan was executed in her mind's eye. If they could get an advantage early, or if they could put the guardians in a bad situation, they might succeed in getting through this trial alive. Then they could go their separate ways, if the other so decided. Grey wondered if it would be better to remain alone or group up with this other. She would have to consider it.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:39 pm

09 + 26:
Day 01, Event 02
~ The biggest door in the world

Location: Temple of Awakening - Gilded Gate
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: Kill a Temple Guardian with the other Temple Guardian's Detonation ability!
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } {1} { } {2} { } { } { } B
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } {#} { } {#} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


Nothing happens!

Enemy Phase 1!

The two golems remained still.

{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } {1} { } {2} { } { } { } B
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } {#} { } {#} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


#26 (Summoned Blade)
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

#09 (Lady in Red)
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 3
MOVE: 3

Temple Guardian (1)
HP: 18 / 18
MP: 40 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 99
INT: 6
SPR: 99
MOVE: 2

Temple Guardian (2)
HP: 18 / 18
MP: 40 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 99
INT: 6
SPR: 99
MOVE: 2

Column (Environment)
HP: 30 / 30
DEF: 10
SPR: 10

Door (Environment)
Indestructible

X Wall (Environment)
Indestructible


Player Phase 2!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Masquerade on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm

69 moves to F5.

What was this moisture? A single skeletal finger so delicately came to rest upon 69's cheek. His finger. Precariously sitting there upon the fingertip was a single drop of slightly salty water. It was so odd. His eyes stung as more of this water filled them and leaked from the corners, flowing down his face leaving long stains on his sullen cheeks. "I...I don't understand," he said aloud to himself. The words the woman had spoken somehow touched him in a way he did not understand. His Self had been saying that he was going to die yet this person who he had never met proclaimed that she was NOT going to let him get snuffed out. 69 quivered as choked sobs escaped his mouth. What on earth was his problem? Why couldn't he get a hold of himself? Now was not the time to break down yet the feelings were immense. He could feel his Self's rage building within but she said nothing. He didn't want to hear any of what she had to say. He was convinced now more than ever that he was no longer alone in this. There was more to this game than just a blood-thirsty rampage to kill everyone in order to reclaim lost memories. There had to be another way and he was even more determined now to find it.

"Not now, not ever, so long as I live," he repeated to himself, moving his bony hand to his heart now. "So long as you ally yourself with me, you will live a long life for I will NOT stand to see you fall!" here he shouted resolutely with a blazing passion he didn't quite fully understand but for once it didn't fucking matter. This was the now. This is what was happening and he accepted it. The why could come later but for now... "We are two souls intertwined now! I have powers the likes of which corporeal lifeforms could only dream of, and with these powers, I will blast away the enemies that threaten to do harm upon my defender! So be GONE!" His throat hurt because he wasn't used to speaking so loudly but it did not matter. He raised his hand and unleashed a blast of mana towards the last remaining fly. It would meet its end soon enough.

69 attacks Shadefly 2! 6 Dmg! (INT)

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:02 pm

#17 casts Wind Clone @ G3.
MP: 12 / 20

#17 moves to F4.


Manipulating the wind again, huh? That must be your "thing."

As 17 dashed up the stairs, he left behind a spiraling cone of wind at his previous location, delicately wrapped in an outline of mana almost perfectly replicating his own shape and size. He had no desire to bicker with his Self after listening to it for over an hour during the stairmaster ordeal, and rather preferred to pretend it didn't exist. He even hoped that, maybe, like a bad thought or dream, it would simply fade away with time.

I'm not gonna disappear, pal.

17 tripped, momentarily perturbed by the Self's capability to follow his thoughts like the lines of a book. It's not time, he'd think. It's not time. He had bigger worries, bigger threats to focus his attention toward. The voice meddling inside his mind like an astray bug would simply fade like an itch, he thought, just like an itch.

13 + 17:

Day 01, Event 02
~ The ten-thousandth step

Location: Temple of Awakening - Ascending Hall
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: N/A
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {1} { } { } { } C
{ } {2} { } {S} { } {3} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } {/} {#} {\} { } { } F
{B} {/} {1} {#} { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


Larvumbra (1) evades sleep!

Shadefly (2) falls asleep!

Shadefly (3) falls asleep!

Enemy Phase 1!

Larvumbra (1) casts Expansion!

Siren takes 5 damage!

Larvumbra (1) expands to C5!

Larvumbra (1) gains 10% EVADE!

Shadefly (2) is asleep!

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {1} {1} { } { } C
{ } {2} { } {S} { } {3} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } {/} {#} {\} { } { } F
{B} {/} {1} {#} { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


#17 (Ventus)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 12 / 20
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

#13 (The Championed) [Champion's Influence - 5%]
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 13 / 25
SC: 1 / 2
ATK: 4
DEF: 2 --> 3
INT: 2
SPR: 4 --> 5
MOVE: 3

Wind Clone (1)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 12 / 20
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

Siren (Summon)
HP: 5 / 10
MP: 15 / 25
ATK: 0
DEF: 1
INT: 5
SPR: 3
MOVE: 2

Larvumbra (1) [+10% EVADE]
HP: 30 / 30
MP: 70 / 80
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 2

Shadefly (2) [Sleep - 2]
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

Shadefly (3) [Sleep - 2]
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

/ - Ledge (Environment)
Can cast/float over
Indestructible


Player Phase 2!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Vergil on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:07 pm

"Just what I was thinking. We should try to get one of them in the way of the other in order to obstruct their line of sight, then once we get one down we can have an easier time taking out the other," 09 strategized. "Wait, did you say you were given a number? Then that means... you're aware of what's going on, aren't you? What we were told to do? Look, I don't really believe in what I heard, there has to be another way to reclaim what was taken from us. I don't have any intention to kill anyone who doesn't try to kill me first. If we stick together, I'm sure we can find the answer."
"Nice going, ya idjit!" 09's Self scolded her. "Ya dun goof'd! Yer just askin' fer it now! What makes you think she wants to be friends with you?! If you just give in to an alliance, it's gonna make it that much easier for her to stab ya in the ass... and not in a good way!"
09 still continued her streak of disregarding the nuisance in her head and resumed.

"You have a Self too, right? The voice in your head that supposed to speak to you and give you advice? If you do, could we trade?" she offered. "Never mind that, I'm getting ahead of myself. I was given the number 09, and I don't really have a name for myself yet. Maybe I'll think of one later. Anyway, we should probably act now while those giants politely wait for us to finish our conversation. I'll go for the left one." 09 clenched her weapon and ran straight into the fray.
"Now you're offering to be the first one to throw yourself in danger?! What's wrong with you?! Why are you putting your trust in some human who could very well end you? You're practically handing your life over on a silver platter, think about this for a second."
"I don't need to think about this. I don't know... I might be stupid for thinking she won't take advantage when I'm weakened, but I don't think I'm going to last very long in this world alone. For some reason... I don't want to be alone."

09 moves to D-4.

09 Attacks Temple Guardian 1. 5 ATK Dmg! (Not that it matters, it's only going to do 1 dmg either way, seriously.)

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:53 pm

This one was a bit more talkative than Grey anticipated. Why was the other in such a hurry to rid herself of her Self? She seemed to be more than willing to claim that she didn't want to kill anyone, but Grey would not allow herself to believe that. Not yet, anyway. If anything, she should proceed with even more caution than before. It was very likely that this other did mean her harm, but it could also be the case that the other was being genuine.

Fat chance of that, lass. We told every number involved in this game that everyone is out to kill them. The only way any of you are getting back your memories is if all other humans die.

I remember.

Proceed with your caution then, I'll be watching from afar this time.

Finally, some peace and quiet. Grey snatched her sword out of the air and held it at an angle by her side, ready to bring it forward or backward should she need to. She stepped forward once, twice, and bent her knees so that her body sunk down to the ground. In an instant, her body flickered out of existence, leaving only a gathering of dust where she was. In the blink of an eye, Grey reappeared beside one of the constructs, her sword raised. Gathering the power of surprise and her steel, she slashed down at the stone, leaving only a small scratch on the stone and a nick on her blade behind.

#26 moves to F-5

#26 Flash Steps! Target: (1). Since #26 cannot land behind the target, she is placed in B4.

#26 attacks (1)! Surprise attack (20% Crit Chance)! 5 Atk DMG!

#26's Flash Steps will recharge on Player Turn 5

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:06 pm

09 + 26:
Day 01, Event 02
~ The biggest door in the world

Location: Temple of Awakening - Gilded Gate
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: Kill a Temple Guardian with the other Temple Guardian's Detonation ability!
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } {1} {#} {2} { } { } { } B
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } C
{ } { } { } {#} { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


Temple Guardian (1) takes 1 damage! [#09]

Temple Guardian gains Ignition [1]!

Temple Guardian (1) takes 1 damage! [#26]

Temple Guardian gains Ignition [2]!

Enemy Phase 2!

Temple Guardian (1) casts Searing Beam on #09!

#09 takes 5 damage!

Temple Guardian (2) casts Searing Beam on #26!

#26 takes 6 damage!

Temple Guardian (1) takes 1 damage!

Temple Guardian (1) gains Ignition [3]!

{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } {1} {#} {2} { } { } { } B
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } C
{ } { } { } {#} { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


#26 (Summoned Blade)
HP: 19 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

#09 (Lady in Red)
HP: 20 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 3
MOVE: 3

Temple Guardian (1) [Ignition (3)]
HP: 15 / 18
MP: 30 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 99
INT: 6
SPR: 99
MOVE: 2

Temple Guardian (2)
HP: 18 / 18
MP: 30 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 99
INT: 6
SPR: 99
MOVE: 2

Column (Environment)
HP: 30 / 30
DEF: 10
SPR: 10

Door (Environment)
Indestructible

X Wall (Environment)
Indestructible


Player Phase 3!


Last edited by Durn on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Silver on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Siren shifts out of the battle! Cherub appears at D4!

Watching the silent woman face the onslaught of the swarm, Thirteen couldn't help but turn away. She had thrust herself into the action so willingly, but even that did not change the fact that he did not wish to see her in pain. The youth did not, however, realize that she showed no sign of pain, and, rather, remained stalwart as the mass expanded and became less dense. When he finally gained the courage to look back she had disappeared, vanishing on a burst of sea air.

He opened his mouth to question her (although he knew no voice would leave his mouth) but found himself cut off by a bright light. The angel from before appeared in her exact position. Huh? Thirteen questioned internally, unable to see how the two had just switched places, but his unvoiced question went unanswered. The angel in question did not even turn to face his master, instead choosing to brandish his cheap metal blade at the swarming insects.

Cherub uses Brutality on 1! 3 Hits! 3 Atk Damage per Hit! Chance of Bleeding!
MP Remaining: 1/10


It was only after the heavenly being's attack had ended that it briefly looked over its shoulder at its summoner. It made a quick motion, as if calling upon Thirteen to lend his own aid to the cause before just a swiftly turning back and raising his shield. Not needing to be asked a second time, Thirteen took a few steps forward and weilded the chain that had found a place around his right arm.

Thirteen moves to F4!

What came next was both a surprise and great fortune. The chain, unraveled from his arm soared through the air and struck the swarm with surprising force. Perhaps he could have used a little finesse, but no doubt Thirteen could handle himself... at least slightly. A silence filled his heart, the presence of the shell-holding woman not shifting in the slightest. Thirteen blinked.

Impressive, suddenly came the voice of his Self, who he hadn't even noticed had finished her tirade from earlier. Perhaps you can hone that skill...

Thirteen didn't respond.

Thirteen attacks 1! 4 Atk Damage!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Gist on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:05 am

42 turned back to the skelatal boy with shock written across her face. What had she just heard? She saw tears running down the boy's face and sobs choking out of his throat. When had he began to feel so strongly for her. Her eyes were wide, but then they softened as realization coursed through her. She knew now. It would all be okay. As her eyes softened, she smiled, the light shining from her fists casting her face into a skeletal form itself, almost to match him. How ironic. "Thank you, kind stranger. Souls intertwining... That's an interesting perspective to take, to be certain.

As she brought her fists back up to her chest in preparation for striking the last butterfly from existence, she heard that condescending tone flood her mind all over again.

Oh look at you... You've fallen head over heels for this boy. You've become utterly useless... Unless... hmm...

42 had learned by this point that the condescending voice would do nothing real to help her, so she was trying to tune it out, but something about the way it just trailed off, as if it were making some sort of epiphany just really troubled her. She raised her fists and swung at the tiny butterfly which had already suffered a blast of darkness from the boy behind her. She was confident that she had vaporized the poor unfortunate soul, and her mind just kept rattling around the voice in her head. Something was off this time. Something was different about the way it was acting. No longer was it trying to schmooze its way into convincing her of things, and instead, it felt like it was changing gears or something.

"There. That's the last of them. Don't cry," She turned to face him, the smile on her face not wavering a bit even with the rambunctious things going on in her head. "I'll be here for you. Always. I'm sure that there is some way I can bring you out of this to who you once were. I promise."

[Number 42 basic attacks Shadefly 2!
7 INT Damage!
Number 42 waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:07 pm

All participants must change their EXP so that it is x/12, not x/10.

42 + 69:
All enemies have been defeated!

Day 01, Event 01: COMPLETE!!

Music
: Battle Complete

#42 + 69 EXPERIENCE
:

+4 - Shadefly PERFECT KILL x2
+2 - Shadefly KO x2
+2 - Completed in 5 or less Player Phases
+1 - No Awakening Activated
+1 - No Items Used

TOTAL EXP: 10

#42: 0/12 ---> 10/12
Next Level: 10/12

#69: 0/12 ---> 10/12
Next Level: 10/12

#42 ITEMS FOUND:

Shadefly Loot:
- Blackened Wing x2

#69 ITEMS FOUND:

Shadefly Loot:
- Blackened Wing x1
- Shadow Essence x1

AFFINITY:
#42 <---> #69 (+1)

As the final insect sputtered its way to the ground in a bloody mess of black ooze and gunk, some of which managed to ink the adventurers' clothes with unsightly stains, the room fell silent. Almost as abruptly as it had begun, the silence met its end against an unceremonious, static vibration that resonated through the pair's chamber. With a surly orchestration of unbearably loud taps against a microphone and an array of poorly timed screeches and rumbles, a pair of panicking voices could be vaguely heard blanketed beneath the chaotic sounds.

"Aww, shit. How do you turn this thing off? God..." The first voice resembled that of an elderly man's, riddled with unfortunate tinges of age that prevented his words from traveling far before the static overcame them entirely.

After another brief interruption of grating microphone screeches, a second voice emerged. "Fuck fuck fuck! I told you not to press..." Static.

The younger voice reemerged. "What do you suppose we do now, huh? 42 and 69 have heard us." He paused, as he cursed beneath his electric sighs. "See what you've done? Two numbers now entirely unusable because you've broken the immersion! Quickly, quickly! Turn it off!"

As the strange voices silenced, and the static faded away into the spiraling halls of the Temple of Awakening, the ground beneath 42 and 69 began to rumble. Each vibration increased exponentially in violence, and before long, the pair found themselves with no such ground to stand on as they fell ceaselessly into the darkness.

--

Now separated, the two awake to find themselves in darkness. How long they'd been asleep, neither could tell. Above them, they could see, far off into the darkness, a small, nearly imperceptible light one could assume they fell from. How they survived, though, neither could guess. Through extensive searching and feeling, the pair have both deduced in their own rooms that they have two paths before them. Both paths seemed to delve deeper into the ground. As for how far, neither would be able to determine until they chose a path to follow.

#42 and #69 have been separated. Both awake in strange, dark rooms with two paths before them.

> Take the leftmost path.

> Take the rightmost path.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Vergil on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:21 am

Grey didn't appear to respond to her this time, which must have indicated that she wasn't placing even a shred of trust in what 09 was saying. That was fine though, she didn't expect her intentions to be believed straight away; everything could be sorted out at the other side of those doors. For now, 09 finally shut up and concentrated on the objective at hand, which was to somehow defeat the two brutes that could apparently fire lasers. Had either of them been alone in this case, there was hardly any chance of survival, 09 wondered if Grey thought about that. Saying those heat beams hurt like hell was a bit of an understatement, as the searing burn left 09 in a state of near alexithymia, unable to recreate a proper articulation of the pain in mere words.

She couldn't show any signs of weakness though, not in front of anyone else that would potentially kill her. She bared her teeth and persisted her attack on her current target, refusing to rest until everything that threatened her went away. It didn't appear that her adversary were very phased by her attacks, but she felt there had to be some way of defeating it. She couldn't conjure up any fancy convoluted plans to do so, so for now she was just going to keep hitting it.

09 Attacks Temple Guardian 1. 5 ATK Dmg!

09 Waits.

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:00 pm

Grey winced, the heat beam searing her skin and flesh. She could feel the pressure of that heat on her back. While she knew she wasn't going to just be left alone, she was not expecting the giant thing to fire a heat beam at her. She was ready to get kicked with stone. Still, even though it hurt, she grit her teeth and took the hit. It was nothing. Something inside her told her that she's had worse wounds than this. That she's fought scarier, darker foes than this. Grey didn't know what her past was, but her instinct was almost never wrong, that's what she thought.

She took up her blade and slashed away at the giant automaton. Her blade scraped against the stone, leaving another white scratch upon it's surface. She clicked her tongue once, but before she could do anything else, something inside her grabbed a hold of her by her stomach. Grey jerked away, surprised, and made as much distance as she could from the giant.

"Something is wrong," Grey told the other, her eyes never leaving the stone guardian. "I sense something dark coming from it. You'd do best to get away as quickly as you can, if you value your life." Grey knew that she would. Grey had no intentions of being caught up in whatever was about to come.

#26 attacks (1)! 5 Atk DMG!

#26 moves to D-6

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Masquerade on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Always. A word that meant that two people or objects would be together for all of eternity and then some. Neverending. Never parting. And now, it proved to be the most useless word. 69 wiped the dried tears from his cheeks as the fly vanished leaving him and his defender alone together at last with no threats around, or so he thought. His sensitive ears twitched slightly at the sound of...some object. And then there were the voices, one old and one young, but where were they coming from? What sorcery did these two use to communicate with them...granted it didn't seem as though the voices were directly trying to talk to him and the kind lady. 69 didn't get much time to think as the ground set about to rumbling. "O-oh no, what's...what's going on?!" he shouted suddenly, a look of anguish upon his face as the floor gave way suddenly. With nothing to stand on, he did the only thing that he could possibly do at the moment.

He fell.

His lightweight form fell a lot slower than his companion's, and he could only watch in horror as she fell down, down, and even farther down into the darkness until what had once been his beacon of light just moments ago...had vanished completely. And he was left alone. More tears trickled out of his eyes, fluttering up above him as he fell, twinkling in the remnants of light filtering down from above until he, too, was consumed by the darkness. Tumbling down in it was reminiscent; it stirred something inside of him. The completeness of the darkness felt familiar, and that made the fall less painful, but unconsciousness took hold of him and he felt nothing at all. Thought nothing at all.

69 awoke and bolted upright and looked around only to see nothing. It was like he hadn't opened his eyes at all. Down, left, right...and above. There it was, a small speck of light that looked like a star in the expanse of black. Was that where he fell from? He rubbed his eyes and looked around as they adjusted. Things were still very dark but he could discern two paths, though that wasn't what he was looking for. He was looking for his defender, but she was nowhere to be seen. He was the only one once again. Alone. What if he ran into someone else who didn't believe the same thing he did?

"Why, you'll kill them of course!!" his Self suddenly stirred out of nowhere seeming overjoyed at his train of thought. "It's a kill or get killed world here, buddy, and you may as well get used to it," she tacked on resolutely, and if that was meant to console 69 it had failed to do so astronomically.

69 sighed. He still refused to kill anyone. Perhaps he could reason with the other people? It would be worth a shot. For now, he had to choose which direction to take. Perhaps if he chose the right path, he would be reunited with his defender once more. Until then...

Walking down the rightmost path, 69 prepared himself for whatever may come next.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Gist on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:55 pm

Number 42 gasped in shock as the floor underneath her disappeared. The crumbles of the last butterfly disappeared into thin air as she fell into the darkness beneath her. She did not even have time to cry out, only to be filled with something that took her whole being: remorse. She could not save him. What seemed like hours later, she lied down almost in the same place she woke up it seemed. She stood with a wet face, and wet limbs. She must have hit the ground hard. She sobbed, and not even her Self was there to keep her company now... she was all alone. Forever to walk the land by herself. She looked everywhere, but there was nothing to be seen, just a pitch black emptiness. With the same resoluteness as she began with, she groped in the darkness and proceeded to her left, one sad step at a time, and something dripping on the floor as she did so.

>Take the leftmost path.

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Kurio on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:07 am

35 attacks Shadefly (1). 5 ATK Dmg

Once again an energy field materialized to her side when the other insect attacked, filtering out most of the wind and causing her to only feel a slight, stinging breeze as it passed by. This time she didn't even turn her attention to the attacker, instead locking her eyes on the butterfly which was frantically trying to fly toward her but being pushed back by some invisible force. The sound of yet another loud gunshot echoed through the almost empty halls.

"Come on, can't you do anything else? You're a robot for fucks sake! Electrocute them! Fire lasers! Do something besides shooting those rifles at them!" The voice inside her head spoke up after the long period of silence between them, her tone clearly irritated by how monotonous the action had been so far and how long it would take to just shoot down a few bugs "Why did I have to get stuck with this one? I could be doing so many other things..."

35 waits

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:00 am

Day 01, Event 02
~ The biggest door in the world

Location: Temple of Awakening - Gilded Gate
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: Kill a Temple Guardian with the other Temple Guardian's Detonation ability!
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } {1} { } {2} { } { } { } B
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } C
{ } { } { } {#} { } {#} { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


Temple Guardian (1) takes 1 damage! [#09]

Temple Guardian gains Ignition [4]!

Temple Guardian (1) takes 1 damage! [#26]

Temple Guardian gains Ignition [5]!

Enemy Phase 3!

Temple Guardian (1) casts Searing Beam on #09!

#09 takes 5 damage!

Temple Guardian (1) moves to C4!

Temple Guardian (2) casts Searing Beam on #26!

#26 takes 6 damage!

Temple Guardian (2) moves to C6!

{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } {C} { } {1} { } {2} { } {C} { } C
{ } { } { } {#} { } {#} { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


69 trudged onward into the vastness of the hallway's depth. By result of its predominantly straight form, he faced no obstacle greater than the darkness itself, having only been temporarily halted by the occasionally misplaced brick. However, as his feet grew weary, and as his fortitude withered against the clacking of his own footsteps, he began to notice a gradual modicum of sight dripping into his vision. Approximately twenty meters away, he saw a door that gracefully allowed delicate slits of light to slip through its careless crack. Behind the door, he could hear familiar voices.

"They've begun to name themselves already." The younger voice remarked, a slight flick of his silhouette quickly dancing across the spotlight provided by the door's crack as he maneuvered from one desk to another. "Grey, hah!" He mocked, his voice lowering several octaves in mimicry of 26's demeanor. "My name is Grey... ahahah! Quickening, aren't they?" He laughed.

"Quickening what?" The elder voice repeated.

"The rate at which they show emotion, you know. Would you ever believe we'd get them to begin naming themselves within ten cycles of the experiment? That's unheard of!" The youth continued his cheers, alongside the clicking movements of a wheeled chair bowling across tile. "At this rate, they'll begin to acquire a general understanding of our existence within a year and thirty-seven days." He halted himself, if only to breathe, as his silhouette turned its head toward the other man. "But, of course, no other cycle has heard our voices firsthand, let alone in the first forty minutes of its beginning."

"Sorry 'bout that one." The senior apologized.

"It's a shame 42 and 69 are entirely unusable now." The youth whined. "Perhaps we could keep them around, if only for a little. As long as they are unable to contact any other numbers, the remaining 97 will carry out the experiment in their intended ignorance."

"Ay, we ain't got a single number as emotional as 42 before, have we?" The senior agreed.

"Certainly not." The youth nodded. "A strange life that one must've led. Perhaps we could probe her more. Quicker, too. At this rate she won't survive much longer anyway with the severity of her wounds. It's a shame. I wanted to see how long she could go without 69." A smile audibly leaked through his tone, as the creaks of his chair indicated a closer inspection of what seemed to be a screen monitoring 42. "Man, you gotta appreciate this night vision shit, you know?"

"Praise!"

"We wouldn't wanna miss a second of her precious tears, would we?" The younger man laughed. "All valuable data, valuable data..." he paused, "... turn it back to 09 and 26, why don't you?"

An audible flicker of static signified the changing of screens, as the youth continued to make vocal note of his observations. "Why the hell did we install those explosive death responses? If we kill numbers, their corpses should be recyclable. At least, parts of em... These machines and their death feedbacks will eradicate their corpses entirely!" The whooshing and the clank of a soda can against a bald head quietly echoed throughout the hallway. "Quickly! Minimize their explosive capabilities before the numbers trigger their detonation responses!"

"Argh!" The elder wailed as the can fell to his feet. "I gotcha sonny, I gotcha! Ain't no need for violence!" The sound of the rise and fall of keys and buttons pittered like rain, ending with a resounding beep.

"Good." The youth continued. "While we're at it, we might as well sever the barrier between those two and 12. The latter seems to have lost one of her blades in combat. Perhaps we could observe 09 and 26's capacity for compassion toward those in need."

Several additional buttons were pressed. Several additional beeps were heard. A single door opened, though very, very far away from 69 and the two mysterious men.

~

12 had been outnumbered, having already slain nearly twenty shadeflies with her own dual blades. In an unforeseen crumbling of her current location, she lost one of her blades in the aftermath. Backed against the cold, bricked wall with only her weaker blade, a swarm of insects loomed closer and closer...

The western wall of 09 and 26's battlefield has shattered!

{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{3} {C} { } {1} { } {2} { } {C} { } C
{ } {4} { } {#} { } {#} { } { } { } D
{ } { } {#} { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{5} {C} { } { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


#26 (Summoned Blade)
HP: 13 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

#09 (Lady in Red)
HP: 15 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 3
MOVE: 3

#12 (Kill Tracer) [Disarm - Shaiathusa] [Unconscious]
HP: 11 / 20
MP: 0 /20
ATK: 6
DEF: 4
INT: 0
SPR: 3
MOVE: 3

TRIGGER: Carry - Pick up #12. Cannot attack while carrying. Places #12 atop unit carrying her. Can be dropped in adjacent cell (dropping does not count as an action command). #12 takes 50% reduced damage from all sources while picked up.

Temple Guardian (1) [Ignition (5)]
HP: 13 / 18
MP: 20 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 99
INT: 6
SPR: 99
MOVE: 2

Temple Guardian (2)
HP: 18 / 18
MP: 20 / 40
ATK: 7
DEF: 99
INT: 6
SPR: 99
MOVE: 2

Shadefly (3)
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
CRIT: 0%
EVADE: 10%
MOVE: 5

Shadefly (4)
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
CRIT: 0%
EVADE: 10%
MOVE: 5

Shadefly (5)
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
CRIT: 0%
EVADE: 10%
MOVE: 5

Column (Environment)
HP: 30 / 30
DEF: 10
SPR: 10

Door (Environment)
Indestructible

X Wall (Environment)
Indestructible


Player Phase 4!

~

"Oh?" The younger voice stood, abrasive and loud strides guiding his way to the center of the control room. "Looks like we're receiving our first Self notification. Record time, too!"

The echoing waves of the clicking of a button resounded through 69's ears. As the sound of the click left his brain, so did his Self.

"Report." The younger voice commanded.

"This is so exciting! 'Ol 69's been sending me waves of desperateness. He 'hopes' for a lot of things- lotsa things. He's been doubting his hope. If all continues as it has, his hope will quickly run dry." The sound of 69's Self resonated from the control room.

"Hope," the younger voice repeated, "the mere utterance of the word seems to make his heart race. I can nearly hear it on the other side of the door."

He paused.

"Come in, why don't you?"


Last edited by Durn on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Grey clicked her tongue in frustration, wincing from the blow of the giant stone guardian. This was hurting more than she would have liked. It wasn't like she had any choice but to deal with the pain as it came. Still, the construction seemed to be about to explode...until it didn't. What was it waiting for? Was it simply not ready to die yet? Grey didn't understand. She was about to openly question it when the wall to the left of the expanse suddenly blew open, tearing it down completely. Out of it flew a body, which landed by one of the columns near to where 09 was.

More of those flies that Grey had to deal with earlier followed, and Grey frowned. This was just what she needed here, more of those pesky flies to deal with. Too many, three was too many to add to their list of problems. The body that Grey saw fall was moving very slightly, but the girl who lay there did not stand. She was not struggling, only breathing. Still alive, even after being chased by that many of those pesky flies? Grey had to commend her for surviving so long, but there was nothing she could do for the girl now.

Sacrifices had to be made, Grey realized. She took a glance at the automaton that she and 09 were attacking, it was nearly ready to blow, and if she got caught up in the blast, that would be the end of her. Grey could get away from the blast zone, though. For a moment, Grey wished for a bow and arrow, so that she could shoot the blasted thing and then take cover while it destroyed the other automaton and the flies with it. The blast would likely kill the girl and 09 as well.

Are you gonna do it? Grey heard her Voice speak again, his tone quiet and filled with an odd interest. Are you really going to condemn them to save yourself? Don't get me wrong, lass, it is the best way of getting rid of these threats. But you were so confident you wouldn't have to kill anyone before.

I never did say that out loud. Grey thought to the voice in her head. But would she actually do it? These two had nothing to do with her, she had only just met them. What were their lives worth, compared to her own? Needless to say, she valued her own life more than theirs. She could cause that automaton to explode, if she so wished. It would take a lot of her energy to do it, but it was definitely possible. First, though, she would need to step away.

Grey glanced over at 09, a small glimmer of sorrow flashing across her visage for a moment. She felt sorry for the woman. If she went through with this plan, then she would most likely die. Unless she had some way to heal herself, that is. If anything, Grey should suggest that to her. She owed 09 that much, at least.

"If you have a means to heal yourself, I suggest you use it," Grey spoke aloud, her tone dark and without emotion. It would not do to show her true feelings. Not here. Not now.

You are going to do it, then?

It may not even work, for all I know. Grey jumped back, skipping backwards on her heels to gain as much distance from the automatons as she could. Once she was sure she was far enough away, she began to channel her power. "Sacrifices must be made at some point. I will never hesitate in the face of danger. Push me in a corner, and you'll wish you never crossed me. Remember that, Self-of-mine. Remember that when I find you. Because I will find you, and I will kill you."

"It is a shame," Grey said sullenely, looking down at the unconscious girl. "But there is nothing I can do to save you. I am sorry. Thunder. Rain. Malice. Swords of the sky, fall down and strike!" Grey channeled her power, summoning every ounce of her strength to bear down upon the area around her. From the bleak, desolate sky came a sudden swarm of glinting metals. With all the force of the wind they came down, piercing through flesh and stone with ease. When the rain of swords was over, the battlefield was littered with broken husks and bloodstained swords.

#26 moves to D-9

#26 unleashes her D-Ability: Thundering Rain and Malice! Deals 3 Piercing Atk DMG to all enemy units!


Grey's Voice was silent.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:18 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum