DURN PROJECT

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Masquerade on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:40 pm

69 was not prepared for what he came across.

Long was the path that he had chosen and equally as lonely. Just like the darkness before, the loneliness seemed familiar as well, and all of it had no explanation. What kind of life had this specter lived before he was thrust into this cruel...whatever it was? Why would these things make him feel better? How could he be comfortable with them? He came to accept that this was where he belonged...at least in the past, but he was adamant about carving out a new future for himself, whether he gathered his memories or not. Escape now seemed the only option. There had to be an exit somewhere; no place was infinite. Though he was sure that someone or something was behind his new placement here, and they would be sure to hide the exits well but never once would he falter in keeping an eye out for them. And the others trapped here as well...if they could forsake their memories they could so easily escape with him. The past would always be the past and even if he could remember, it would never change. To be reborn as a new person...another familiar feeling. Just what was he? He didn't feel like a human being. As he trudged along in darkness he gazed down at his bony hands. It felt like there was hardly any life flowing through his body but he was most definitely alive.

A door.

69 came to a stop in front of a door that suddenly blocked his vision, the edges stripped with light which would possibly be coming from within. This door could very well lead to a nasty encounter...or perhaps meeting another ally. Or even lead to his defender that he had recently lost just as recently as he had met her. He had grown accustomed to his Self making quick to respond to thoughts like that but he found it odd that she was quiet. "Don't you have anything bad or disheartening to say?" he whispered to himself knowing full well that she could hear his thoughts just as easily. But regardless, there was no response. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he could hear something from the other side of the door. Getting closer to it, he pressed his ear against the solid surface and listened. The voices he heard were very familiar. Had he not heard them not too long ago? Was it really them, the ones who had separated him from his defender? His heart raced faster and he wondered what he should do. Could he confront him? Did he possess that power? They were most definitely in control here; surely he didn't stand a chance. There was still no input from his Self and now he thought about running away. Were they watching him?

That's when he heard the invitation. They knew he was there. What could he do now? How easy it would be for them to open the door and chase him down. He shuddered in fear but took a deep breath. If he could not face them now, then how else was he supposed to stand up to any other threat later on down the line? Best to get it out of the way. He reached a skeletal hand and placed it on the edge of the metal door that would possibly lead to his demise. It's smooth cold feel reminded him of the feeling of death's own grasp wrapping around him, strangling him. Nervously, he pulled the door out towards him and braced himself for what would rest upon the other side. Crossing the threshold he only had one thing on his mind.

"Who are you?"

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:48 pm

"You obviously aren't aware of your status if you actually believe I'm obligated to respond to your question." The youth lifted himself from his chair and stepped merely inches from 69's visage, his crooked nose bent downward at the fragile boy's small stature. His scowl flickering into an unexpected grin, he continued. "But I suppose I could grace you with an acceptable response. Who am I? To put it simply," his teeth curled with audible pleasure as he hung to the final syllable that slowly purred through the pursing of his lips, "I'm much, much more than you. Any decision you make stems from my command. Any option you're given originates from the palm of my hand. Any encounters you face are bred from my desires." He hunched over 69 as he cast his blanketing shadow across the young boy's entire being, who had no choice but to look back at him, who had no choice but to look up at him. "Still confused? To put it in even simpler terms, I am your destiny. I am your God." God turned to the elder scientist and nodded. "Flip the cameras. It's time for him to make his next decision."

With a surly gruff, the man complied, and a blinding flash drowned the shadow God cast over 69. Three screens now illuminated the room as God shuffled to the side, gifting 69 with full view of each individual screen. On the leftmost screen, the actions of three females, one of whom was unconscious, were recorded. On the rightmost screen, two males could be seen in deep combat with a swarm of menacing insects.

The center screen revealed 42. Traveling in complete, obscure darkness, her weary, shaky palm could be seen covering a deep wound that scraped violently into the side of her stomach. Between the cracks of her fingers, shivering droplets of blood skittered across the pulp of her skin.

"I will now temporarily lend the role of God to you, number 69." He continued, as a pair of identical, white buttons arose through a small incision in the complex assortment of technology plastered across the laboratory wall. "You must press one of these two buttons. The button on the left will bring unforeseeable misfortune to the five strangers displayed above. The other? Well, I think you can finish my thoughts for me. After all, you're God now."

He paused.

"You have six seconds."

> Press the left button, thus harming #09, #12, #13, #17, and #26.

> Press the right button, thus harming #42.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Vergil on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 am

09 trembled in the agonizing force of the incandescent ray unleashed by the destructive apparatus, nearly toppling over as the walls shook from the devastating force. As one of the dividers tore open, 09 witnessed another entity descending into the room. It was another woman, one who was sporting several wounds and a loss of consciousness. Followed by the mysterious girl was yet another swarm of malicious flies and the vexatious sounds of their buzzing. 09's Self decided to chime his voice in to commentate on the transpiring events. "This day just keeps gettin' better and better! Another woman! And she's unconscious! Hoooooooo weeeeeeeee! If only I could get my hands on that, I'd feel like a kid again unwrapping his presents, except I'd be unwrappin' somethin' else. Oh, but it looks like you yourself have taken quite the beatin', girlie. Yep. Ya didn't listen to me and here you are, all bleedin' and whatnot. Real shame, if you die... I don't really know what I'm gonna do with myself... especially when I knew plenty of things to do to myself while you were here."

09 didn't even bother making a retort to that disgusting voice in her head that did nothing but objectify her during her entire span of her reawakening, as she was occupied with trying to regain her composure. Still, he did point out why she was here to begin with; and one could only go so far acting on one's own instincts alone. From the start of this encounter with Grey he did warn her about the dangers of trying to form alliances and the dangers of other humans themselves. Her Self would again prove one of his sporadic moments of actual helpfulness in his next utterance. "Look over at what yer so-called 'ally' is up to. She just told ya if ya got any way to heal yerself, ya had better do it now. Told ya, ya can't trust her." 09 turned her head towards Grey who had already distanced herself away from the general vicinity and appeared to be chanting something. She witnessed an aura emanating from her as she felt an overwhelming sense of dread. Once Grey had finished speaking, a violent rain of phantasmal swords volleyed onto every creature in sight. Though every living thing remained alive from the attack, 09's apprehension was not relieved in the slightest. The figure 09 had been attacking earlier had become ominously still. It had not faltered from Grey's attack, however there were something about it that made 09's face blanch into a pale tone. Though she was still standing in this very moment, she could not defeat the premonition that it was all about to end.

"Nice knowin' ya, girlie. If you feel it too, then we both know what's gonna happen."

Tears began to stream down 09's cheek.

"It's not fair."

"Ha! Yer thinkin' about that now? 'Course it ain't fair! It was never fair to begin with! This is happenin' 'cause you were bein' so stupid! And if ya somehow did kill the other one... there was a fat chance ya would have made it past them gatekeepers! THERE WAS NOTHIN' YA COULDA DONE! ALL ROADS LEAD TO DEATH, YOU WERE JUST GIVIN' THE FREEDOM TO ONLY THINK THERE WAS SOMETHIN' YA COULDA DONE. LITTLE LATE TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOW! Just take a look at that girl knocked out over there! She can't even open her eyes, and by the look of every other thing in this room, she's all kinds of fucked! She can't do shit! Just like you, only you were given the FREEDOM to make it this far! Consider yourself lucky you didn't lose an arm or blinded on the way here!"

"The other girl..." 09 shifted her attention towards the woman who was still motionless on the floor. "It might not be too late for her. I'll show you. She can still make it through this... even if I can't." Her Self couldn't help but laugh in ridicule of her declaration. "What are ya goin' on about now? Ya think ya can actually save her? YER ACTUALLY THINKIN' ABOUT SAVIN' HER WHEN YER HIDE'S ABOUT TO BE TOAST?! YA MAY JUST AS WELL BE THE MOST NAIVE AND FOOLISH WOMAN I HAVE EVER SEEN!... Why can't I meet more women like you?"

Struggling and wobbling as she walked, 09 managed to make her way to the fallen woman and encircled her arms around the woman's neck, and proceeded to sit the body up.

09 moves to F-3.

"This might just be it for me... but I believe I can give you another chance. If I can do nothing else, then let it be just that. No... I'll see to it that you'll be able to open your eyes once more. I must stay alive just to see it so.

"Yer fuckin' crazy, ya know that? Yer just throwin' yer trust into everyone you meet. Who's to say she wouldn't off ya the moment she wakes up in the slim case ya actually somehow survive? What if yer sacrificin' yer life for a terrible person?"

"If what you said is true, then it doesn't matter anyway. I want my life to have meaning in this twisted existence, one way or another. It doesn't have to end here. No. Not for her, and not for anyone else. Not right now."

09 Triggers Carry!


09 draped herself over the woman and still with tear-stained cheeks screamed to the very heavens above.


"IT SHALL NOT END HERE!"


09 uses Passion and Vigor! 8 HP is restored!

HP: 23/25

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Masquerade on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:26 pm

This man was NOT God.

Something set 69 to shuddering with something akin to anger for some reason that he could not explain but it probably could be found in his missing memories. He was certain that this man was full of himself, for one. He held power over him, his defender, and anyone else who might have happened to be in this place, but that did not make him a God. God could not lose his power, but this man of the corporeal realm could certainly lose his. Here he was, the person pulling their strings. Would he fight? Could he fight back? He gazed upwards as stalwartly as he could at the man leering down at him as he waved his power over him in his face. Was he a bit intimidating? Certainly. As he thought about what his course of action should be, his attention was diverted to three screens. There was great conflict on the two outer screens containing people he did not know, but in the center screen was a very familiar person that made 69's heart drop.

Placing a skeletal hand over his mouth, he choked down a gross sob that threatened to be voiced but he would never let it out. He breathed deeply and tried to get a hold of himself, but there she was. Alone. And hurt, at that. Shaking his head, he gazed at God as he began to tell 69 about gaining his power temporarily. Two white buttons were called upon, buttons that would give him power, but only the power to harm. He could either harm his defender, or harm the other beings fighting for their lives so desperately. What sort of sinister power was this? It was not the power of a true God. It was the power of a corrupted man who enjoyed watching his malevolent schemes unfold before him--who let his arrogance drive him to some unfathomable plot.

Six seconds. He was given six seconds to make a decision that could ruin lives. His heart raced quickly and he realized two seconds had already passed. And another. And another. There was one second left...

"I'm sorry..."

A solitary bony finger pressed down on a right button and tears ran down his cheeks. He didn't even give the decision a thought--it was as if an inner instinct drove him to make the one that he did. His lack of memories made it so that he could not formulate a reason for choosing the button that he did. The finger drew away slowly from the button and he fell to his knees, burying his tearstained face in his hands. He didn't want the supposed God to see his face while he was crying--crying at the fact that he had done something he would most likely regret for the rest of his existence.

"I'm so sorry..."

Peering through his hands and veil of tears, he glanced one last time at the center screen, at the person he swore that no harm would come to.

"I'm sorry...my defender."

>69 presses the right button, thus harming #42.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:18 pm

"Oh?" God muttered an interested moan as the poor child before him collapsed to the ground. "To think you'd choose to not defend your defender. Do you just not feel the need pay her back?" He laughed, somehow managing to continuously mock and spit insults at 69 to even further the lengths of his insatiable amusement. "Do you think you don't owe her? Do you think you can stab her in the back without facing repercussions because she'll be dead? Lemme tell ya, pal," God loomed his omnipotent hand over the nape of 69's neck, pressing his warm, stern fingers deep against the creases of the boy's shivering spine, "we folk here in heaven have the technology to revive her after you've killed her. We'll bring her to you, and you'll have no choice but to stare deeply into the frost of her eyes and tell her it's nobody's fault but yours that she's dead."

He paused. "Don't try to hide your face from me, number 69. There is nowhere to hide." A second flash temporarily overcast the immense shadow God threw over the young boy. As the brightness faded to black, the three monitors became several, several more, encircling the entire room in identical screens, each displaying 69's tear-stained, redding face pushed solemnly against the tile of the floor. Additional monitors littered the roof and the floor, and before long, there was nowhere for 69 to hide.

"Oh, and number 69," God continued, "I forgot to mention that you must press the button twice. Due to my... careless... blunder, I'll allot you an additional six seconds to press the button on the right one more time." He released his meaty hand from 69's throat and stepped aside, as if to give the boy as much space as possible, so that he could see each and every image of himself, each and every image of the boy who nearly killed the closest thing to a friend he had.

> Press the left button twice, thus actually harming #09, #12, #13, #17, and #26.

> Press the right button once more, thus actually harming #42.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Masquerade on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:38 pm

A sudden stir of movement and 69 was on his feet, his dampened palm slamming down on the right white button once more. He was staring down at the floor, no more tears flowing from those eyes. No, he would not deal with this torture. He would not make himself a victim for this sadistic God. Anger. His head tilted upwards just as quickly as he had stood to press the button, and he glared right into the eyes of God with no fear, his fragile frame quaking violently sending ripples through his robes. "For a God you know nothing about me. There's more to me than you know, or even than I know for I know nothing about myself. But I don't need another six seconds. I made my decision. Bring her back then! Let me look her in the eyes and take responsibility for what I've done. Who is to say she'll even die? My defender is stronger than you know. Because truly, you know nothing." He was breathing heavily as the rage continued to build within him. He was about to choke out something else but stopped short--he couldn't remember the words. Was it...what was it? He couldn't even remember what it was supposed to be. It held some significance but he pushed it from his mind. It was a lost cause. This God may have known nothing, but he didn't know anything either. The only difference is that he could accept it...and God could not. 69 had a plan, and God had no idea what it was, but even still he could not let him know that he was even thinking about a scheme.

"Riddle me this: why do you care so much about what choice I pick? We're all just expendable toys to you, God, so what is the point? If you think you can beat me down for my decision you've got another thing coming because you aren't better than me," he said resolutely. This imperfect being claiming to be a god? 69 felt himself calming down. He realized that his Self had been gone for the entire encounter and was rather relieved. The last thing he needed was to be pestered by her deranged ramblings.

She's stronger than anyone knows, 69 thought to himself, closing his eyes and picturing his defender. She may be the strongest one of us all. Compassion and martyrdom. I wish I knew everyone else's stories... He thought about the other people he had seen struggling on the screens in their respective conflicts. They seemed to be working together rather than tearing each other apart. Did that mean that perhaps they could really come together and find a different path to getting their memories back? It definitely gave him hope, something he thought he might be losing at the start of this encounter, but his fearlessness was making this a lot easier. There was no time to be desperate. There was no more time to cry.

Now was the time for action.

>69 presses the right button once more, thus harming #42.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:17 pm

God could do nothing but laugh uncontrollably at the child's sudden tirade. "I know nothing about you?" He sneered, "I know more about you than you'll ever know, number 69. I know the names of everyone you've ever loved. I know the faces of everyone you've ever killed. I know exactly how the moral weights in your mind tilt. And because of that, I know exactly what you will do. I know what you will do when you leave this place. I know how you will return here when you fail to find meaning in what you so desperately wish to find. And I know," he repeated once more, "how you will cease to exist in this world." God stepped closer, his shadow gradually nearing the boy with each step. As the tip of his shadow cast darkness over number 69's face, God reached out to him and pressed the nails of his fingers deep against his throat.

"In this experiment, there is no conjecture, number 69." God continued, his stony hand pressing restrictively against 69's throat. "There is only a single hypothesis that gradually substantiates with each and every one of your actions. You are no variable. You are a constant that has been predicted. You are simply a number thrust into an equation you are entirely incapable of escaping." He tossed the boy to the side, furiously shaking the fabric of the room's technology as he collided violently with the wall. "The sooner you realize your ultimate role in the constitution of this experiment, the better off you will be. There are no choices here, number 69. Only the illusion of free will."

"As consequence for your predictably irrational behavior, you will not leave this room." God paused, for effect. "Unless, of course, you're willing to make yet another decision."

"Both buttons will free and re-release you into the Temple of Awakening. The button on the left will force-feed you a liquid specially designed to eradicate the functionality of the tongue. Side effects may include life-altering levels of pain and unfortunately timed stomach cramps. The button on the right will rip off your right arm. Now is the time for action, number 69. Don't forget to press the button twice."

> Press the left button twice, thus forcing 69 to down a strange liquid.

> Press the right button twice, thus ripping of 69's right arm.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:08 pm

09 + 26:
Day 01, Event 02
~ The biggest door in the world

Location: Temple of Awakening - Gilded Gate
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: Kill a Temple Guardian with the other Temple Guardian's Detonation ability!
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{X} {X} {X} {D} {D} {D} {X} {X} {X} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{3} {C} { } {1} { } {2} { } {C} { } C
{ } {4} { } { } { } { } { } { } {#} D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{5} {C} {#} { } { } { } { } {C} { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-


Temple Guardian (1) takes 3 damage! [#26]

Temple Guardian gains Ignition [6]!

Temple Guardian (2) takes 3 damage! [#26]

Ignition is irrelevant lul.

Shadefly (3) takes 3 damage! [#26]

Shadefly (4) takes 3 damage! [#26]

Shadefly (5) takes 3 damage! [#26]

09 begins to carry 12! [#09]

09 restores 8 HP! [#09]

Enemy Phase 3!

Temple Guardian (1) casts Detonation!

Temple Guardian (1) KO!!

#09 takes 18 damage!

#12 takes 9 damage! (Carried)

Temple Guardian (2) takes 18 damage!

Temple Guaridan (2) KO!!

Shadefly (3) takes 18 damage!

Shadefly (3) KO!! (Overkill not provided, killed by ally)

Shadefly (4) takes 18 damage!

Shadefly (4) KO!!

Shadefly (5) takes 18 damage!

Shadefly (5) KO!!

09 + 26 BATTLE COMPLETE:
All enemies have been defeated!

Day 01, Event 02: COMPLETE!!

Music
: Battle Complete

#26 EXPERIENCE
:

+4 - Temple Guardian KO x2
+3 - Shadefly KO x3
+3 - Completed in 5 or less Player Phases
+1 - No Items Used

TOTAL EXP: 11

#26: 7/12 ---> 18/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!
Next Level: 6/16

#09: 6/12 ---> 17/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!
Next Level: 5/16

#12: 8/12 --> 19/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
1 Skill Point gained!
Next Level: 7/16

AFFINITY:

- #09 (+1 to #12, +1 to #26)
- #12 (+1 to #09)
- #26 (+1 to #09)

#26 ITEMS FOUND:

Shadefly Loot:
- Blackened Wing x2
- Shadow Essence x1

Temple Guardian Loot:
- Fusion Core x1
- Earth Essence x1

#09 ITEMS FOUND:

Shadefly Loot:
- Shadow Essence x3

Temple Guardian Loot:
- Fusion Core x1
- Iron Chunk x1

Number 12 awoke to the brutality of the explosion surprisingly content. While she expected to feel overarching emotions of dread and worry, the gentle press of another's body against hers brought a feeling of gentle safety. As her vision returned, and as her mind stabilized, she looked up to a peaceful face that seemed to promise her everything was fine. Reaching up to the woman's face, she pressed a delicate thumb against her cheek and wiped it clean of dirt. "Are... are you okay?" Number 12 asked, entirely disregarded the severity of her own wounds.

"I-... I guess I should thank you, shouldn't I?" A white smile glistened through the curvatures of her reddened lips as she grasped the shoulders of her savior with care and hoisted herself up onto her own feet. "I don't know what happened..." She continued, "I-I-... I think I came from... over there?" Her messy purple hair turned to the hole in the wall in shock. "Wait-... Did I do that? Did you guys? Wh-..." She paused. "Why don't I remember anything?"

She stared curiously at the two women, before instinctively checking the sheathes at her side. The blade resting at her right remained in contact, and an overwhelming relief shined through her visage. But as she went to check for the other sword, her smiled faded, and a worried dissatisfaction overcame her. "I... I think I had two blades.. They were called... Aiusaj? And..." She took a deep, thoughtful breath as she fiddled with her empty sheath. "I can't remember the other's name... It was... strong? Yeah, that's the word. It was strong and heavy... quite unlike Aiusaj." Seemingly lost in her own mess of thoughts, she mindlessly wandered over to the hole from whence she came, and peeked through it to the other side. She let out an echoey "hello," but received no response.

"I think it may be back here... Maybe?" She turned to 09 and 26, and while she appeared visibly embarrassed by her neediness, she asked, "Could you two help me out?... I-I- I mean... Only if you're not busy..."

> Help #12 search for her sword Shaiathusa, thus entering the hole in the wall God created.

> Leave #12 and enter the large, gilded gate that has been loosened by the Temple Guardian's explosion.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:13 pm

35:
After an extremely long and relatively uninteresting battle with a couple of dumb flies that has been fast-forwarded for the sake of keeping things interesting, all enemies have been defeated!

Day 01, Event 01: COMPLETE!!

Music
: Battle Complete

#35 EXPERIENCE
:

+2 - Shadefly KO x2
+2 - Completed in 10 or less Player Phases
+1 - No Awakening Activated
+1 - No Items Used

TOTAL EXP: 6

#35: 0/12 ---> 6/12
Next Level: 6/10

#35 ITEMS FOUND:

Shadefly Loot:
- Shadow Essence x2

35 stained the white hallway with ample splatters of gelatinous, blackened shadefly blood. As she continued to pursue the path ahead of her, her boots left behind a sticky trail of blackened footprints. After an approximate half-mile of walking down the path before her, her footsteps managed to wipe most of the blood from their soles. In the far off distance from whence she came, she could hear a varied assortment of muted footprints, probably belong to a group of people whose numbers were greater than just two or three.

Before her lay a long, downward staircase. As she looked down the stairs, she could see no end as the steps descended into darkness. There were two choices she could choose from:

> Turn and confront the group following her footprints.

> Descend the staircase.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Masquerade on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:28 pm

"I..I have no need of that anymore. That is the past; I can create for myself...a new future," 69 retorted easily, though he felt his previous fire starting to dim. Though his words rang true, his inner curiosity nagged at him, wishing to jump inside of God's mind and see what rest within. Who was it that he loved? Did he really kill people? Who was he and why did he do the things he do now? There are always impulses radiating within forcing him to do things that don't seem to have a reason. What is his reason? He felt God's fingers squeeze about his neck. His skinny legs wobbled about in the air as he was lifted and tossed into the wall. True be it that he could have neglected the damage by entering the Astral Plane but he felt he might need that ability. And it turned out that that was very much the case. A choice. He would be let back into the...Temple of Awakening? But he had to make yet another choice. What did choice matter if free will was such an illusion? Another thing in this place with no reason. Both options caused harm, but once again the decision was easy, mainly because he had a trick up his sleeve this time.

"Take it then. What use is a corporeal limb to an ethereal being?" 69 said as adamantly as he could, his voice full of would-be resolve. He reached out and hit the right button twice, readying himself to enter the Astral Plane.

>69 presses the right button twice, thus ripping his arm off.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:19 pm

#17 moves to E3.

#17 attacks Larvumbra (1)! 6 magical damage!

Wind Clone (1) moves to E5.

Wind Clone (1) attacks Larvumbra (1)! 6 magical damage!


Do you even know what you're doing? Or why you're doing it?

Number 17 knew a very simple answer to his Self's question. He was killing. Killing so that he could live. But as he danced around the battlefield and evaded the onslaught of bugs encircling him and his allies, he began to stutter. He tripped slightly as he passed the final step, and collapsed momentarily to the left.

Are you troubled? You can talk to me, you know. Only you can.

Number 17 knew, but he ignored his Self, and continued to fight alongside his newfound friend. An air of suspicion and mystery surrounded the concept known as a Self, but number 13 was very familiar. He was human, and he was scared. He was just as confused and blind as himself, and that made him relatable.

With determination, number 17 promised himself he would only ever speak to another human.

13 + 17:

Day 01, Event 02
~ The ten-thousandth step

Location: Temple of Awakening - Ascending Hall
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: N/A
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {1} {1} { } { } C
{ } {2} { } {C} { } {3} { } D
{ } { } {#} { } {1} { } { } E
{ } { } {/} {#} {\} { } { } F
{B} {/} { } { } { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


Larvumbra (1) takes 3 damage! [Cherub]

Larvumbra (1) evades bleed! [Cherub]

Larvumbra (1) evades #13's attack!

Larvumbra (1) takes 4 damage! [#17]

Larvumbra (1) takes 4 damage! [Wind Clone]

Enemy Phase 2!

Larvumbra (1) casts Expansion!

Cherub takes 1 damage!

Wind Clone is destroyed!

Whirlwind spawns at E5!

#17 gains 15% EVADE!

Larvumbra (1) expands to D5!

Larvumbra (1) gains 10% EVADE!

Shadefly (2) is asleep!

Shadefly (3) is asleep!

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {1} {1} { } { } C
{ } {2} { } {C} {1} {3} { } D
{ } { } {#} { } {1} { } { } E
{ } { } {/} {#} {\} { } { } F
{B} {/} { } { } { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


Cherub restores 1 HP! [Cherub - Heavenly Body]

Cherub takes 1 damage! [Larvumbra - Insect Waves]

#17 (Ventus) [+15% EVADE]
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 12 / 20
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

Whirldwind (1)
MOVE: 4

#13 (The Championed) [Champion's Influence - 5%]
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 13 / 25
SC: 1 / 2
ATK: 4
DEF: 2 --> 3
INT: 2
SPR: 4 --> 5
MOVE: 3

Siren (Summon) [Phased Out]
HP: 5 / 10
MP: 15 / 25

Cherub (Summon) [Heavenly Body]
HP: 19 / 20
MP: 1 / 10
ATK: 3
DEF: 5
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

Larvumbra (1) [+20% EVADE]
HP: 19 / 30
MP: 70 / 80
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 2

Shadefly (2) [Sleep - 1]
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

Shadefly (3) [Sleep - 1]
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

/ - Ledge (Environment)
Can cast/float over
Indestructible


Player Phase 3!


Last edited by Durn on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Vergil on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:59 pm

Somehow, by sheer force of will, 09 managed to survive the explosion caused by the giant. The pain seared into her, but she was okay for the most part. More importantly to her, the one she had intended to protect was alive as well. "You're... you're fine," 09 sighed in relief. "Eheheheheh... yes she is," 09's Self commented, gawking at the woman up close through 09's eyes. In the entire wreckage of dead flies and fallen automatons, 09 could finally take a moment to rest and breathe off her injuries. She wasn't aware of what Grey was doing at this moment nor did she care anymore, she was just glad it was all over for now. 09 lifted herself off the ground and observed as the woman before her looked for something of hers that she was missing.

As she turned to face 09, she appeared a bit awkward yet almost endearing, a sight that brought a small warmth to 09's heart. The girl asked for assistance in finding her lost blade, and it wasn't like 09 was going to decline anytime soon... especially after vowing to give her another chance at life. 09 wiped away her tears and nodded to signify her willing cooperation.
"Yes, I'll help you.
"My, ya go from trustin' one little bimbo to instantly trustin' another. Yer a real doormat, ya know that? Are ya... are ya into that kinda thing? Should I start speakin' to ya in a real girlie voice to get some attention from ya? Is that what it takes?"

09 still elected not to respond to her Self until he was willing to be more socially accommodating .

>Help #12 find her lost blade.

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Kurio on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:19 am

"Wait! I hear voices!"

35 suddenly stopped in her tracks at the voice's command, causing the hallway to fall silent except for the soft, echoing footsteps off in the distance. Her mind, or at least the non-mechanical part of it, began thinking of possible reasons of a group that large following her. Of course she couldn't really think straight with the voice in the back of her head yelling at her.

"Turn around! Go find people so I'm not stuck with just you! Go! Go! Go!"

"Okay." Was 35's only response as she turned back, stepping toward the direction she came from.

> Turn and Confront the group following her footprints

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:37 am

God looked down at the boy and laughed. He laughed, relentlessly and without filter, until his own contractions sent him convulsing on the ground at the knees. "That's pretty rich, number 69." He took deep sighs every few syllables to catch his breath. "You've known yourself for about an hour and you already think you're an ethereal being? That must be the quickest descent to delusion this experiment has ever seen!" He picked himself up as roaring machinery began to bend and fold its way out of a small section of a wall, adjacent to number 69. The machine appeared similar to that of a long, jointed arm. With metallic bones and bends, it twitched back and forth as three, taloned fingers repeatedly clenched and released menacingly and in front of number 69's eyes.

"When I press my fingers around your neck, you cannot breathe. When the flesh atop your bones cuts loose, you bleed and you cannot live. That is not ethereal." God spoke. "Ethereality implies immortality. Very soon, number 69, your mortality will become very clear."

And so, the cold of the metallic hand pressed deeply against number 69's right shoulder-blade as it began to squeeze...

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Masquerade on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:59 pm

"The only one deluded here is you. Farewell."

69 was tempted to panic as he felt the painful squeeze, but he had to remain calm--balanced. His vibrant green eyes shot wide open at that point almost appearing to glow with some sort of revelation, though he did not understand nor would he. He didn't care. He felt a smile form on his sullen face and his body began to grow translucent. The pain he felt from the mechanical appendage was starting to disappear. He couldn't waste his chance; who knows how long he could keep this up. 69 was gone. Upright and bolting quickly out the door as his body faded from existence leaving behind only a ghostly image, but his true form would be untouchable for there was no form in that plane that truly existed. What was this power? It felt so right as he reentered the familiar darkness, trying to put as much distance between him and the deluded god as he could. What waited for him within the darkness? He couldn't stop grinning as his spirit seemed to surge with delight at being freed from a physical vessel. It felt as if he were flying among a starless cosmos and he was perfectly content for the first time since awakening. No need for memories. No need for being.

This contentedness was short-lived, however, as 69 began to feel weight. This was something he should not feel unless...yes, it was wearing off as he assumed it would. He could feel his spiritual form being consumed by a shell of flesh once more. Pieces of his spectral form lost their translucence and he panicked sending him sprawling to the ground which seemed to quicken the pace at which the shell was forming, enclosing around him. Blood pulsed within him and a heart beat began to play. He clutched his chest in pain and he felt the searing jolt of anguish emanating from his arm from where God nearly claimed his arm through the use of such terrible machinery. This whole place was likely wired. God would know that he had left a scar, and he also knew that God would not be happy that he had escaped so suddenly. 69 lie there in the darkness looking what he supposed was up.

"I think he knew. I think he knew what I was capable of but was trying not to let me remember...I still don't remember though...so I guess he won," he mumbled sadly to himself, browsing his mind for some beacon of hope but found nothing but darkness akin to the darkness he was trapped within. "I don't know if I can pull something like that off again; I don't know how I did it in the first place..." He sighed and closed his eyes, trying to catch his new breath as his physical lungs struggled to regulate themselves after just being recreated recently. A moment's repose in Hell. God? More like the devil. "What am I? Who am I?"

Silence came in response.

"A big bravado I put up...but he knows everything that I do not. It's true," he admitted to himself before saying nothing more.

>69 enters the Astral Plane and flees the encounter with God.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:52 pm

Grey sheathed her sword and released her hand from its handle. The sword then turned to dust, leaving nothing behind but an empty, wooden sheath. A deep breath, and she managed to calm her racing heartbeat. It was finally over and she could finally continue on. She did not quite like her decision to let the other two to fend for themselves, she had already left the stranger for dead when that wall was removed.

She approached the broken doors, where the void echoed and called her forward. The concerns of the other two were not her concerns. "You two will be on your own," Grey said, "I'm moving on. Until we meet again."

Going solo, eh? That's just like you. Her voice sounded. Grey did not respond. She only stepped into the void, leaving 09 and 12 behind.

>Grey moves on

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:47 pm

As the mechanical arm snatched at random particles of air, God pressed his palm against the wrinkles of his brow and sighed. "Don't initiate number 42's punishment." His eyes slithered to the side and met those of the elderly scientist's. Whenever their gazes crossed, the devastating weight of God's presence made one thing mutually clear: ol' pops was just another rat for the snake to eat. And so, with a stare as hollow and as conquering as his commands, God cast an unyielding spell on the Rat, one that demanded total and domineering control.

"We will wait until number 69 finds her. Reconfigure their pathways so that they cross as soon as possible. Give them some aid with the Neros, too." God commanded to Rat. "Being ripped apart is too peaceful a death for them." An unbridled rage began to swell within the vast emptiness of God's chest. Such a feeling was unfamiliar, and God could not stand to experience something he did not know -- something out of his control. He begged for the throbbing beat of his chest to cease; but as his narrowed gaze monitored number 69's screen, the endless arpeggio of his heart only accelerated and accelerated, and a ticklish grin creeped unto his cheeks. And so, under the deathly chill of his breath, he muttered...

"What a thrill you've become, number 69."

~

"Howdy, howdy!" A short figure, whose remaining limbs lay sloppy and dangly over a single crutch, hobbled up to number 35. Her attire appeared worn, littered with burn marks, astray bullet holes, and coffee stains. An unsettling stutter resonated throughout her body, signified by an awkward twitch that spazzed above her left cheekbone every so often. "Whaddaya doin' just chilling around in the hall for, ya dingus? Ainna-ya never gon get nothing makin' friends with walls ya goof!" With each flap of her lips, remnants of a carelessly gobbled granola bar flew from the ridges of her teeth and onto 35's face.

A man stood beside her, visually displeased. His appearance greatly contrasted hers, with intricately designed blue and white ropes draping his body, and a neatly compact, golden brooch sorting his hair to both sides, allowing it to dangle mellifluously in the occasional breezes that passed through the Temple of Awakening. "Excuse her, please. I am number 57." He bowed, "She's number 02."

"Ay, yo!" 02 hopped on her single leg toward 35, wavering her crutch in the air as she approached, "We gotta be pals, ya'know? I ain' dealin' widdis guy very long much longer, ya gotcha?" Her tone descended into a comedically deep range, as if to give off an illusion of secrecy that, for some reason, would apparently keep 57 from listening. "Been at 'em for like three years and I wanna ditch 'em, see? Bravo dark thirty, if ya askin' me!"

57 approached, laughing emptily at 02's charades. Scratching the back of his head, he continued, "We've been conscious for about three weeks now. Occasionally we return to the Temple of Awakening to try and rescue a few of the newly-conscious before they fall victim to the environment." He extended an arm to number 35, and smiled. "You should come with us. We'll protect you. There's safety in numbers."

And then, at the mercy of a singular clicking sound, the floor beneath them collapsed.

35 + 42 + 69 (& 02 + 57):
Day 01, Event 02
~ Encumbering Darkness

Location: Temple of Awakening - Basement Hall
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: Allow a Nero to hit each and every number on the battlefield with Eclipse Strike in a single turn!
Atmosphere: Crumbling Ceiling - At the end of each turn, 2 random darkness cell in any column from 4-8 will be removed.
Background: Temple of Awakening Battle Theme


{#} { } {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } { } A
{ } { } {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } { } B
{ } { } {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } { } C
{ } { } {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {#} { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } {#} { } {#} { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } { } G
{ } { } {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } { } H
{ } { } {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } { } I
{ } { } {X} { } { } { } { } { } {X} { } {#} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10--11-


#69 (Starwalker)
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 25 / 25
ATK: 1
DEF: 2
INT: 6
SPR: 4
MOVE: 2

#42 (Desperate Protector) [Paradigm Shift: ATK] [CC: 0]
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

#35 (Warden) [Paradigm Shift: ATK] [CC: 0]
HP: 25 / 25
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 5
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 2
MOVE: 3

#02 (Saboteur)
HP: 15 / 15
MP: 30 / 30
ATK: 6
DEF: 4
INT: 0
SPR: 2
MOVE: 2

#57 (Lightbender) [Absorb Light (+50%)]
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 5
SPR: 3
MOVE: 3

Nero (1)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 6
DEF: 2
INT: 2
SPR: 3
MOVE: 5

Nero (2)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 6
DEF: 2
INT: 2
SPR: 3
MOVE: 5

Nero (3)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 6
DEF: 2
INT: 2
SPR: 3
MOVE: 5

Nero (4)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 6
DEF: 2
INT: 2
SPR: 3
MOVE: 5

X Wall (Environment)
Indestructible

{ } Darkness (Cell)
- Units in darkness cells are not revealed to the opposing parties. When they move, their locations are hidden. When they attack and use abilities on other units, their location is temporarily revealed.


~ Player Phase 1 ~

Movement Order: #35 --> #42 + #69

(Since #42 and #69 are allied, they may act in either order)

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:54 pm

Music: #12's Theme

Upon hearing 09's response, 12's face reddened with bashful glee as she turned away to hide her excitement. "Are you sure? I don't want to keep you too long... You seem busy." She whispered, turning back slightly toward 09's direction, not to make eye contact, but rather to simply gauge her enthusiasm and dedication to 12's cause. "You've only just met me. Are you not... afraid?" 12 asked, surprised by 09's charity, but as she further inspected the woman's stance, it became increasingly clear that she was of proper character and stature. With each glance, 12 seemed to stare for, perhaps, a moment longer than the last, just to check. 12 was afraid of 09's kindness, afraid that, maybe, it was all simple deception. Her smile, her graceful countenance... What if none of it was real at all?

12 was too fragile to endure being tricked.

"I'm... I'm sorry I'm so cautious..." She stammered, "This place is just kinda scary, is all." She attempted to lighten the situation with a cheap laugh; immediately after hearing the blatant fraudulence in her own chuckle, she clenched her jaws shut and blushed. Turning away, she continued, "You know what? L-Let's just go... It's probably for the best that way."

~ A L L I A N C E ~
#12 has developed a connection with #09!
+1 Affinity!

Immediately upon entering the hole in the wall, the duo noticed a distinct, atmospheric difference. What once appeared an orderly hallway lay in ruins. Chipped bricks lay disarranged amidst the dusty clouds of the hall, and as 12 daintily skipped her way over them, she'd occasionally snag her foot on one and clumsily plop a few feet forward. After she tripped, she let out a genuine giggle and wiped the dust from her skirt. "T-This place is a mess... I-I don't remember it being like this." She noted, "Maybe the explosion shook the temple's foundation?"

"I think I remember fleeing up these stairs when the swarm of bugs started chasing me." She recalled as she gazed down a dilapidated staircase, still functional (though dangerously so). She turned back to 09, and with a reassuring smile, she began her descent into the darkness.

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Silver on Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Cherub shifts out of the battle! Siren appears at D4!

In an instant the angel that had taken the woman's place disappeared in a flash of light. Once more a salty breeze drifted through the chamber, and, as expected, there she stood once more. Wordlessly, she drew her shell to her lips and release a strange tune as always. Thirteen grimaced. He didn't like the sound, but he sure could deal with it if it meant these enemies disappeared.

Siren attacks 1 for 3 Hits! 3 is also hit! 5 Int Damage!

Thirteen attacks 1! 4 Atk Damage![/b]


Last edited by Silver on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Kurio on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:05 pm

The two individuals' greetings were met with a blank, emotionless stare from 35. Her hair bobbed slightly each time she nodded or shook her head to accompany her one-word response each time the young, short woman asked a question.

"Really? You find other people and you still refuse to say more than a word?" The voice in her head spoke up once again and was followed by a sigh, "Why did I have to get stuck with the robot?"

To that she nodded in response to both the voice in her head as well as the offer for her to join the two. "Okay." Was all she was able to say before the ground beneath them collapsed, plunging them into darkness illuminated only by the light beaming through the broken floor-now-ceiling.

35 uses Watchtower on cell F-4. Creates Watchtower at Negative polarity
MP: 12/20

It took 35 only a moment to recover from the shock of the fall, her mechanical body returning to function as her breathing returned to normal and her heartbeat slowed down to a normal pace. She surveyed the area around her, noticing two passages as well as a feeling that the small group were not alone. She raised both her arms and held them toward one of the corridors, intent on sealing off whatever may be lurking in the darkness. With a low rumble the ground trembled slightly and a large, crudely-crafted pillar of metal taller than she was protruded from the ground. 35 took a few steps away from the pillar of metal as she felt a slight force pulling her toward it, through it seemed they were too far away for it to affect anything.

35 moves to cell E-7

35 attains Positive polarity

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:18 am

#17 casts Thunder Strike on Larvumbra! 7 magical damage!
1 Whirlwind active! 3 magical damage!
MP: 2 / 20

#17 moves to F1.

Whirlwind (1) moves to D5.
Whirlwind (1) encounters Larvumbra! 6 magical damage!
Whirlwind (1) is destroyed!


As the swarm of insects continued to swell without rest, 17 raised his arm toward the ceiling and clenched his palm, digging his thumb deeply into the pulp of his index finger. As the nail pressed further and drew blood, streams of electrical energy began to flow from the wound, surrounding 17’s palm with an unstable sphere of lightning. Allowing his arm to fall, he pointed to the swarm and launched the ball with immense force. A mere instant before the orb collided with the swarm, it erupted into a violent array of uncontrollable sparks that jetted outward in all directions. As the sparks collided with the rampaging insects, they grew suddenly still, and fell to the ground, twitching.

Your ability to kill is growing more proficient by the minute, number 17.

The sound of his Self's voice began to grate like nails against a chalkboard. Whenever it spoke, its voice seemed to resonate in endless echoes throughout his mind. 17 wondered if it felt pleasure in his suffering, or even if it could even feel emotion at all.

13 + 17:

Day 01, Event 02
~ The ten-thousandth step

Location: Temple of Awakening - Ascending Hall
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: N/A
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } {1} {1} { } { } C
{ } {2} { } {S} {1} {3} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{#} { } {/} {#} {\} { } { } F
{B} {/} { } { } { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


Larvumbra (1) takes 9 damage! [Siren]

CRITICAL HIT! Shadefly (3) takes 7 damage! [Siren]

Shadefly (3) wakes up!

Larvumbra (1) evades #13’s attack!

Larvumbra (1) takes 5 damage! [#17]

Larvumbra (1) takes 1 damage! [#17]

Larvumbra (1) takes 4 damage! [Whirlwind]

Larvumbra (1) PERFECT KILL!!

Enemy Phase 3!

Shadefly (2) is asleep!

Shadefly (3) casts Black Wind on Siren!

Siren takes 1 damage!

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } {2} { } {S} { } {3} { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{#} { } {/} {#} {\} { } { } F
{B} {/} { } { } { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


Shadefly (2) wakes up!

#17 (Ventus)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 2 / 20
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

#13 (The Championed) [Champion's Influence - 5%]
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 13 / 25
SC: 1 / 2
ATK: 4
DEF: 2 --> 3
INT: 2
SPR: 4 --> 5
MOVE: 3

Siren (Summon)
HP: 4 / 10
MP: 15 / 25
ATK: 0
DEF: 1
INT: 5
SPR: 3
MOVE: 2

Cherub (Summon) [Phased Out]
HP: 19 / 20
MP: 1 / 10

Larvumbra (1) [PERFECT KILL]
HP: 0 / 30
MP: 60 / 80

Shadefly (2)
HP: 10 / 10
MP: 20 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

Shadefly (3)
HP: 3 / 10
MP: 14 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

/ - Ledge (Environment)
Can cast/float over
Indestructible


Player Phase 4!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Vergil on Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:31 am

09 was a bit amused by this woman's demure behavior, yet kept a tired and weary face. She felt as though there hadn't been a moment of peace up until this point, and it was reasonable to believe that fighting hideously annoying flies, laser-shooting giants, and having the only other human at the time leave you for dead would do that to a person. "Busy?" she repeated, as she couldn't help but let out a single yet confused laugh. "I've been lost since the moment I first woke up. I don't know why I'm here or where this place is, so I suppose anywhere I go will lead me closer to the answer." With each time the other woman double-took at 09, she would raise an eyebrow of skepticism, perplexed by the other woman's mannerisms.

Soon they crossed into the shambled corridors, with debris scattered about. The environment began to creep a worried feeling in 09's mind. This place seemed to be the furthest description from safe, and it would be most unfortunate if the pair's meeting was interrupted by an unfathomable danger that they could not surmount. 09 watched as the other woman nearly stumbled over a stray stone in the path. "Careful!" she called out, her heart nearly skipping a beat as she could have injured herself. 09 wondered if the other woman had actually heard the vow she made to her when she protected her from the explosion. She felt obligated to keep her safe from harm, as she had already expected her own demise and callously made a last effort to give hers away. By some stroke of luck, they had both been given another opportunity to live, but for some reason 09 felt she should not be. Afraid? She referred back to the woman's question earlier. What was she to be afraid of? Death? 09 had already thrown herself to the very edge and gazed into its hollow eyes... she could no longer be afraid of something she had expected to take her. She could no longer be afraid of her own death. But this woman? Her death would be something for 09 to dread, as it would have left her valiant act demolished in vain. More importantly, it would have left her all alone again.

There it was, a damaged staircase leading into a shadowy abyss. As the woman began to climb downward, 09 tried to keep up and match her pace. "It's really dark down there... perhaps I should hold your hand so we don't become separated."

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Gist on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:19 pm

The pain that 42 had gathered was beginning to intensify as she continued to walk forward, endlessly. How far could she make it without some sort of aid? Certainly she would perish before the hour was up. What time was it? Was it day or night? She couldn't tell. All she knew was that she was bleeding profusely. As she covered her wound with both hands, she heard a sharp echo and there was a light that seemed to be far down at the end of this long tunnel. She gasped. Was he at that light? She had to see. She raced forward, hoping to find him once again.

[Number 42 moves to ??.
Number 42 waits...]

Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 569
Join date : 2013-05-31
Age : 21
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Silver on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Thirteen moves to E4!

Not in the slightest bit set back from the now-perished swarm's ability to dodge his attacks, Thirteen took a steady step forward. His eyes scanned the two remaining foes before settling on the severely weakened fly to his right. The boy quickly reacted, drawing back his chain and sending it flying at the pest; he hoped with all his might that he hit his mark, for he was sure the thing would not be able to withstand the hit.

Thirteen attacks 3! 4 Atk Damage!

Siren moves to E3!

Siren attacks 2! 5 Int Damage!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Durn on Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:12 pm

#17 picks up a bag!

#17 waits.


In the corner of 17's eye, a stray spark briefly shined against the substance of a nearby bag that lay abandoned against the wall. Piqued by curiosity, 17 delicately lifted the bag from the ground with caring hands. Turning back to 13, presenting the bag to him, he spoke, a luminous grin plastered across his face, "Look at this! Someone's been here before! We aren't alone!" Caught up in a giddy shake of excitement, 17 unconsciously scrambled the contents of the bag with his jittery hands, causing the sound of broken glass to resound throughout the empty stairwell. Instantly, his smile faded. "Oh?... It may be broken, I guess. Do you mind if I open it? You seem to have that last bug under control."

13 + 17:

Day 01, Event 02
~ The ten-thousandth step

Location: Temple of Awakening - Ascending Hall
Objectives: Defeat the opposition!
Achievement: N/A
Background: Temple of Awakening Mini-Boss Theme


{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } {2} { } { } { } {3} { } D
{ } { } {S} {#} { } { } { } E
{#} { } {/} { } {\} { } { } F
{B} {/} { } { } { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


Shadefly (3) takes 3 damage! [#13]

Shadefly (3) PERFECT KILL!!

Shadefly (2) takes 4 damage! [Siren]

#17 acquires a bag!

Enemy Phase 4!

Shadefly (2) casts Black Wind on Siren!

Siren takes 1 damage!

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } {2} { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } {S} {#} { } { } { } E
{#} { } {/} { } {\} { } { } F
{ } {/} { } { } { } {\} { } G
{/} { } { } { } { } { } {\} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7-


#17 (Ventus)
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 2 / 20
ATK: 1
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 3
MOVE: 4

#13 (The Championed) [Champion's Influence - 5%]
HP: 20 / 20
MP: 13 / 25
SC: 1 / 2
ATK: 4
DEF: 2 --> 3
INT: 2
SPR: 4 --> 5
MOVE: 3

Siren (Summon)
HP: 3 / 10
MP: 15 / 25
ATK: 0
DEF: 1
INT: 5
SPR: 3
MOVE: 2

Cherub (Summon) [Phased Out]
HP: 19 / 20
MP: 1 / 10

Larvumbra (1) [PERFECT KILL]
HP: 0 / 30
MP: 60 / 80

Shadefly (2)
HP: 6 / 10
MP: 14 / 20
ATK: 3
DEF: 1
INT: 3
SPR: 1
MOVE: 5

Shadefly (3) [PERFECT KILL]
HP: 0 / 10
MP: 14 / 20

/ - Ledge (Environment)
Can cast/float over
Indestructible


Player Phase 5!

Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 56
Location : I do not approve of double entendres.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DURN PROJECT

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:33 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum