Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, liek, totalleh--

+3
Obli
Masquerade
VIII Redeta
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, liek, totalleh-- Empty So, liek, totalleh--

Post by VIII Redeta Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:49 pm

Your thoughts on sexual orientation? I'll only present my views if someone else takes an interest in this topic.
VIII Redeta
VIII Redeta
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

So, liek, totalleh-- Empty Re: So, liek, totalleh--

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Is nobody really going to touch this?? Fine, I will. I'll start off by saying that I am bisexual. So, my views on the subject should be pretty obvious. I support gay rights/marriage and I think it's ridiculous that they are being treated in such a manner, almost as if they are inferior to the rest of us. Equal rights under the law, my ass. I am by far NOT homophobic and most of the time, I barely know that I'm speaking with a person of homosexual orientation or another bisexual such as myself. There is no difference to me only because I see personality--not gay or straight.

And straight people tend to have a bit less common sense, too. ^ ^; Just throwing that out there from personal observations. =3

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VIII Redeta Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 am

Hah. I'm a supporter myself. Of course, living in the Bay Area, one's brought up in a very open-minded society. There's a gay-straight alliance at my school that actually runs smoothly. I'm bi myself, but definitely leaning towards men. If that makes any sense.

Actually, for me, I think the matter is simply: "Love is love" and that's all there is to it for me.

Every now and then we do hear the remark, "That's so gay" and I have to refrain from punching some dumb kid.
VIII Redeta
VIII Redeta
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Obli Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:01 am

Masquerade wrote:I'll start off by saying that I am bisexual.

I KNEW IT~! Justin, I can't believe you never told me! You could've trusted me. But let's say that I heard it from a little birdie whose name rhymes with Dolly. ^_^

Anyways, I think that love is universal and that you can't control who you like and love. I think there is no problem with being gay/bisexual/lesbian and frankly, these people are most of the time nicer than straight people. I have a couple of gay friends, and I have never treated them any different for it. I completely and utterly support gay rights and I think that they should be able to marry. Because it's sad when people that are so in love can't get married.
Obli
Obli
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 pm

It's a good thing I never see Molly or I'd have to kill her....X_x Just kidding. It was bound to get out eventually. I'm not really keeping it a secret for that matter. Nobody asks nor really cares, so the issue never comes up. ^ ^
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:35 pm

I knew before Obli! Yay! [I gotta sixth sense for sexuality, apparently >.>]

Anyway, yeah, I'm almost 100% Gay, since girls at my school are evil. Surprisingly, I don't care much about gay rights; never liked politically-inclined topics. But I understand that to some people, the right to marry is an institution that of which is held sacred by the general populace; therefore, I make sure to understand the plight. I do admit, that the perks that result from marriage are desirable; such as lowered car insurance, and lowered taxes.

I lack all prejudice. That even includes me not acknowledging phrases that use 'gay' as a slang word for something bad. The worst I get about stuff like that is agitated, as I understand the majority of people are totally stupid and arrogant, and I will not climb all the way down from my exceptionally high horse and descend to their level of stupidity.

And I REALLY wish there was a Gay-Straight Alliance at my school. I wouldn't participate, since my dad would kill me[well, he might, seeing as I'm an only child. O.O], but it would be just nice to know there's that much acceptance among my school's faculty for such things as sexuality.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Eonis ♪ Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm heterosexual, but that doesn't mean I don't support Gay/Lesbian marriages. If two people, of the same or opposite gender or not love each other, then they damn right have the right to get married.

Though I am slightly turning bisexual by everyday passing by, but I'm pretty sure I won't be fully bi, just curious, I bet.
Eonis ♪
Eonis ♪
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Whenever someone in my school says:

"That's so Gay"

I just have to bring up the new commercial or use what they say in the commercial...

As for my beliefs, being unsure as to what my sexuality is as of yet(Although I'm probably straight), I don't favor either side. People are subject to their own opinion, so if people think it's wrong, that's their decision. But if people are Gay/Bi/Lesbo that's fine too. As long as the two people love eachother they should be allowed to be together...
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by VIII Redeta Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Lol. The GSA at my school has this new kinda campaign:

"That's so gay is NOT okay!"
VIII Redeta
VIII Redeta
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:16 pm

If only we had A GSA at our school...

Unfortuneatly we are considered a Middle School because of the 6th grade so we can't have one cause were:

"Not Considered Mature enough to know what our Sexuality is"

also I got called a:

Drama Faggot

I don't really care but it is kinda annoying... oh well, they won't be saying anything when our Performance takes up their "Incentive"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by VIII Redeta Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:19 pm

=/ sheesh. The hell are they teaching you kids these days? I sound old. Hah! Like I would know.

...meh. I had this huge crush on a girl once... Sometimes I feel like I still like her. And I like her for her personality, nothing else-- she's so amazing... 'course, she went and got a boyfriend now. xD as the supportive friend, I'm just content making her happy.
VIII Redeta
VIII Redeta
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Same thing happened with me... I'm still in love with her though...

Or at least "In Love" in 8th grade terms...
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by VIII Redeta Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:40 pm

I think love is love when you want nothing more than to see that person happy. It's different for everyone, but you'll just KNOW IT when you're in love.
VIII Redeta
VIII Redeta
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:53 am

^
This is a good definition.

If you think you love someone, best thing to think about to confirm it is whether or not you'd let that special someone go if they didn't feel the same way.

Only thing I really don't like about gay/lesbian peoples is that they follow the same template as normal couples do...if they want different, there shouldn't be a damned dominant-recessive relationship. Cuz it's different.

Of course, sexuality is based on attraction, not really the will to be different...but having a universal template for relationships is sooo borrring.....
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Aura, that universal template is there because it's hardwired into our DNA. Someone in the relationship is going to be the dominant, the one who'll lead and protect, while the other usually supports. Sometimes, it's hard to tell with some couples, because they both act dominant or sometimes both are recessive, but it is there. The only reason I believe I know is because I've truly looked at this and thought about it for a looooong time.

On to the issue at hand--I know I'm straight, but curious, and one of my best friends in the world is lesbian. She's even found herself a good partner, and they had a ceremony as a marriage. I support gay marriage. I wish I could actively, but the way the rest of my ENTIRE family is, I could never do that and not expect to be disowned. As if I wouldn't be disowned by 3/4 of them if they knew my religious beliefs, but that's beside the point.

I kinda had a crush on a girl while I was in middle school. I didn't really know it at the time, but I do now. When she got a boyfriend, I realized I was disappointed, but I didn't say anything about it.

There's another thing, another friend pointed this out to me. We're all a little, secretly, bisexual on the inside. We, or at least most of . . . well, some of the people I know, will check out members of the same sex. I know, I've done it plenty of times before, lol. Just think about it for a few minutes, I think you'll see what I'm talking about.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Yes, I know the little dominant-recessive thing is hardwired. Of course, I find little practical need in a recessive personality, though. They're more like dead weight than anything. Dominant should be the only real personality disposition, since it's beneficial(although, it does appear to be more common for the same reason).

Of course, that paragraph was just logic-based. Recessives are just friggin' adorable. ^ ^u Thank god dominant isn't the only type. That'd be annoying...
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Well, I'm a recessive type, I know that. Whether I'm adorable is purely opinion with me, people usually have very different opinions about me. But what I was going to say was that recessive personalities aren't necessarily the ones who 'give in' so to speak, or follow all the time. Recessive people are more like introverts, and are valuable in their own way, usually they're more calm (you wouldn't know it by my daily life at school) and think things through. Perhaps a little too thoroughly sometimes.

We'd rather follow than lead, but I think that when we think or believe strongly enough in something, we'll make a stand for it. All I mean is the recessive personality is as beneficial as the dominant. While the dominant is more active, half the time, forceful action is not the best way to go, which most dominant types seem to go for. Recessives will most often take the passive.

It's like the saying . . . how did it go? "The grass knows how to bend when the wind blows." Something along those lines.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:34 pm

Let me just jump in here and say that those are excellent points.

But I really wanted to say that I completely took Cerani's saying out of context. XD I'm so horrible. ^ ^
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:36 pm

. . . Hahaha, that took me a few moments, Justin. Nice. XD
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm dominant-recessive...it's fuuuuunnnn! But I'd rather people do y work for me, rather than take action myself. I mean, I'd hate to be responsible for someone's....mistakes.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Ehe, mistakes? Whatever do you mean?
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Well, once, this girl purposely took my friends from me, like dragged them away from me when they began to talk with me, and that pissed me off a good deal. So, since she wanted to be a female dog, I decided to destroy her self esteem. I did my job too well, of course. I'm an over achiever.

I got all of the teens to hate her, and then they all made fun of her covertly. She picked up on the negative vibes, and attempted suicide. She couldn't even bring it upon herself to jump off of the ship. She came back and cried for the remainder of the night. I didn't lift a finger, just said a few convincing words.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:14 pm

Haha. I really don't mean to laugh, but that made me laugh.

But that sort of thing really is something a recessive personality would be known for, manipulation. I don't think I do stuff like that, I'm not sure. If I do, it's not consciously.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah, I do dominant and recessive stuff. Everyone has the traits of both dispositions, some people are just more balanced than others. Masq laughed about the story, too. I found the event a little entertaining.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm like Aura; dominant and recessive. My manipulation skills are pretty much innate and I despise conflict. However, I have the means to physically and mentally assault anyone who stands in my path; I don't have to use people to carry out my tasks, but it's just fun to do so. ^ ^
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next