Decaying World [Redux]

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:16 pm

A dank prison cell was no fitting place for a warrior of light.  Sitting on a wooden bench riddled with splinters haphazardly jutting upwards, a young woman with pale skin and lustrous white hair sat with her hands clasped together, her dark cocoa brown eyes focused on the slightly rusted steel bars that housed her and a few others.  Deep in thought, she knew that she had to crack some kind of escape plan.  The crime that landed her in this cell--it was that she broke into the Runescryum Archives, the vast archives that housed the records of the Runescryum Knights and the annals of Nagranok history.  It was her mission to break in and retrieve proof that the knights were up to something foul, and sure enough, she had found exactly what she had been looking for.  Attaining a rather intriguing document from one of the chambers, the woman made to escape with her new prized possession, but was intercepted by a squad of knights that she couldn't take down on her own.  A couple of knights was no problem; an entire squad was a bit too much for her to handle.  She surrendered and they did no harm to her, but her crime was essentially treason at this point, a crime punishable by death in Nagranok.

From her position, she took note of the document.  It was scrawled on old parchment, and it was a fairly lengthy roll.  Tied with a red ribbon, it rested so preciously upon the desk of the jail guard who now lounged in his chair, looking a bit drowsy.  It must have been getting pretty early into the morning; she wondered if the sun had risen yet, but she knew they were on a floor below ground, and as such there were no windows.  Only the dim light of flames lit the room as they passed through grimy lantern glass.  There was essentially no way out of here that could be considered easy.  Suddenly gripping her knees in restless, she gritted her teeth and cursed her lack of precaution.  Nothing short of a miracle was going to get her out of that place.

If smarts weren't going to be enough to cover this, then maybe brute force?  Her eyes broke away from the concrete floor--the same floor that seemed to be the walls and ceiling as well.  Being so surrounded by stone made her feel a bit claustrophobic.  It was a good thing the archives themselves were a bit more spacious and made of marble instead.  At least it held a bit of elegance compared to this damp sorry excuse for a holding chamber.  She eyed the others in the cell.  There was a high chance that they were innocent of any crimes; the capitol city of Areht had become home to many a witch hunt.  People who doubted the ability of the knights or even thought that they might be hiding something were punished.  No proof was needed, so many innocents were arrested, granted there were those that truly did detest the knights.  What was the point in governing, however, if there were no people to govern?

The jail guard finally tilted back in his chair, head slumped over onto his shoulder.  He was out like a light.  Someone obviously didn't get a lot of sleep recently.  This was their chance.  She might not have been the most natural-born leader, but she was intent to make things happen.  "Anyone ready to just blow this joint?" she whispered casually, the dead-like silence of the area allowing her voice to carry throughout the entire cell as she tried to garner the attention of the others.  If they were on board, there was no doubt they stood a chance at getting out of this place alive.  Unscathed?  Maybe not.

But definitely alive.


Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Quite the circumstance he had found himself in: Jailed. Ironic yet ever so fitting. He did not, however, sigh as Tara would have done. No, he instead chuckled mentally. The knights could have killed him right then and there––their ability to cut off his Spirit Orb had made him a sitting duck––but for whatever reason they had chosen to spare him. So no, he would not sigh. Life, even stuck in a jail cell, gave him the one thing Death couldn't offer him. An opportunity.

All he had to do was wait.

Patience certainly was a virtue. The gray-clad man sitting opposite the woman who had poised the question shifted when she started speaking. "Glad to see a fellow opportunist, lass. I was fixin' to spring as soon as I saw his head knock back. Silly prat," he answered with a sly grin, standing up to stretch. He looked briefly to the others in the cell before settling his blue-green eyes back on the girl's own cocoa brown ones. "I can bounce right out, love. I'll find the key an' we can hightail it outta 'ere," he finished, a few small traces of energy already lingering at his fingertips.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Light flickers and shines,
Like gold set in mines.
Poor dark and dreary minds,
Burn their wicked hides.

Set the fire and watch it burn,
It's too dry for flame to drown.
Feel the cold of their fear,
And there is no water here.

Heat them up and let them simmer,
While their light becomes dimmer.
I'll burn their souls to ash and dust,
With agony's fire, 'till the world rusts.


Such was the short poem that the girl in pretty cloth, mired by mud, created all on her own. She had only just made it an hour ago, and now she sung it for her companions. Her voice was soft, but there was a certain chill in the air when she sung that the others could tell that her heart was aflame, heavy with hatred. She herself had been hated for what she was. On the first sign of fire magic in her blood, she had been taken away and thrown into the deepest, darkest, and wettest dungeon in the realm. For a long time, there was no spark left in her. But slowly, day by day, her powers grew, and even the candles could sense her power.

The girl had been no younger than nine years when she was thrown into the dungeon. Now, at only fourteen years, she was beginning to see the world for what it truly was. Dark. Cold. Unforgiving. The fire she kept in her heart was much warmer than this. Red eyes glowed brightly despite the lack of light, and her hair had grown very long over the years of being held captive, but it still retained it's golden color.

The girl yawned a little bit, covering her mouth as she did so. Singing, even as softly as she did, always seemed to take her energy away. She wanted a nap. That would have been really nice now. But this other woman, she forgotten her name a long time ago and was too embarrassed to ask for it again, she seemed to want to escape. But how could they do that? The girl didn't understand.

"I'd rather blow up this joint, honestly," the girl said sweetly. Her name was Natsumi, and though she was as pretty as her namesake on her outside, the inside was a totally different question. Years of captivity warped her young mind, and now she only held despair and hatred, but a sense of complacency held her back. "But I don't know how anymore." Natsumi sniffed, rubbing her eyes a little bit.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 am

A dark figure arose from a far corner of the cell and began to pace quietly across the floor towards the young man, their footsteps as silent as a world with no life. No sound. Garbed in black cloaks and combat boots, the figure came to a stop and placed a gloved hand on the man's shoulder. "I myself was in agreement with the idea of blowing up this place, but thinking on it now, that may not have been the best course of action," a surprisingly light and feminine voice emanated from the figure, their face hidden by a hood, shadows covering their visage. The person's tone was very regal. Were they a member of the nobility perhaps? "If you have a better option, then by all means."

Aeria's eyes instantly honed in on the figure, sharpening with wariness. She wasn't even aware of the person's presence previously. How was that even possible? The cell may have been a bit on the dark side but visibility wasn't that diminished. "Yes, call me an opportunist if you will," she decided to reply to the man without looking at him. Instead her gaze rolled over to the young girl who wanted to blow up the place. "I suppose we should count our lucky stars that you forgot how to do as such. For now we'll leave the situation in this capable young man's hands." She paused for a moment. "Your name sir? I am Aeria Gaines," she introduced herself, her expression still a bit hard but she couldn't exactly be expected to be cheery in a situation such as this. And as much as she wished to know the man's name, she wished even more to know the identity of the cloaked figure.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:18 am

The magic twirling around his fingers dissipated for a second, his head bowing slightly toward Aeria. "Silvertongue, lass. Ya can call me Silv." he stated before quickly turning to the bars once more, magic once again swirling into existence around his hand. In no more than a few moments it found itself compressed into a sphere which he then lightly tossed through the bars, sharp eyes watching it land safely away from the sleeping guard. Unspeaking, the man took a small step back before bouncing off his heels and disappearing––this effect lasted for all of two seconds, after which he reappeared through the orb he had chucked seconds earlier.

"Success," he whispered, flashing the others a cheeky grin before turning to the table nearby. Snatching the key off of it, he returned to the cell and swiftly unlocked the cage. The metal door slid with a creak, but other than that it seemed their escape was ensured. Silvertongue glanced over to the sleeping guard. "Poor chap won' even know what hit 'em."

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:13 am

Natsumi looked away for a moment, glancing only once or twice up at the others in the cell. She didn't know these people. The girl was not frightened, she just was not sure what to expect. Once before, a man offered to show her the way out of the cell. She had declined, of course, and when he attempted his escape, he was quickly caught and stabbed through the heart. Natsumi knew that would happen. She watched the whole ordeal, cold red eyes watching as a man was parted with his life.

The presence of another did not do much to stir Natsumi from herself. Her eyes instead were drawn to the candle light. The fire danced and flickered, Natsumi's eyes smiling as she made the fire grow brighter, then dimmer at her will. The guards never seemed to notice it, but if they had, there was no telling what they would have done to her. She wouldn't have let them though. Touching her meant putting your hand on fire. All the guards knew that from the last time someone tried to touch her without her consent.

Natsumi heard names being said, and although she did not much pay attention to what was being said, she knew that she would hear the names again. No one asked for her name, so she remained silent, quietly burning like the candle she had been playing with earlier. Down here, her presence did not burn very brightly, so it was common for no one to take notice of her. She hummed to herself a little, watching the little fires of the candles flicker and burn. No matter how fiercely it flickered, Natsumi never let the candles go out.

Natsumi didn't even notice that there was already a plan to steal the guard's key and unlock the cell door. The door opened, and Natsumi looked up, but she did not move. She found it difficult, after spending so much time down in this cell, to actually get up and leave. It looked so simple, but her legs did not move. She reached with her left hand, up towards the open door with her fingers extended, as if trying to reach the opening with only her hands. It would take a bit more effort than that to move, Natsumi saw.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 pm

Aeria arose from her seat in the cell with intrigue plastered upon her face.  She watched the magic happen before her eyes.  The calling forth of an orb which was used for teleportation.  Now that was interesting.  She had never been particularly adept at the magical arts despite being of the scholarly sort.  The sword and shield felt better in her hands than a staff or a tome.  Even though she wasn't apt to use those magical arts didn't mean she wasn't interested in them by far.  Silv had managed to procure the key with ease and unlock the cell out of which Aeria was quick to depart.  She realized that she didn't particularly care to be confined in such a manner, something she never really thought about before.  "Such a power you command, young man," she commented, giving him a gracious nod.  Looking around the dim chamber, all was still quiet and the jail guard was knocked out cold from most likely a lack of sleep.  That's what they get for overworking their grunts, she thought sharply, still getting a grasp on her surroundings.

The cloaked figure briskly pushed past Aeria and over towards a chest hidden in an alcove of the chamber as if she knew exactly where it was beforehand and what it held within--their equipment.  The person withdrew a pretty nondescript fencing saber and a buckler and turned towards the entrance to the chamber as if expecting something.  Aeria went towards the chest retrieving her stuff as well, though she didn't understand why the figure was so alert.  Did this person know something they didn't?  Sounds of footsteps, multiple ones, emanated from the hallway causing Aeria's eyes to jolt open in absolute fear.  What would draw the attention of the jail guards?!  They had made no sound!  The footsteps picked up in pace and within moments, two jail guards burst through the wooden door to the chamber causing the sleeping guard to wake up immediately.  He looked around seeing that his prisoners had escaped and grabbed his wooden baton.

"Hey!  What the hell do you think you're doing?!" he shouted angrily, stifling a yawn.  He didn't need the other guards who were arming themselves to turn him in to his superiors for falling asleep while on duty.

"As expected.  They had a closer eye on us than I had feared," the figure spoke, entering a battle stance while also confirming Aeria's suspicions.

This person did know more than they let on.  Who were they?

Regardless, there was a battle at hand.  With sword and shield at the ready and gun waiting in the wing, Aeria prepared herself to lay down some hurt on the enemies.  From here on out there would be no mercy.  It was fight or die.

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Jailbreak

Location: Runescryum Archives - Holding Cells

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Seed of Valiance~

Achievement: Hasty Escape - Incapacitate each of the jail guards before the fifth player phase comes around. [5 AP]

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } {T} {G} { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} {C} { } {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} {?} { } { } { } {l} { } { } F
{w} { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 7
Def: 6
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

?????? (Cleric)
HP: 17/17
MP: 28/28
DD: 0/10
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 5
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Goran (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Tanya (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Christian (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Search - Check through the drawers of the desk.  Range: Adjacent.]

{l}{/}{-} - Prison Bars
[No Occupy]

Players may start in rows G-J!


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:07 am

Silvertongue starts at G6!

"Pretty touchy, that one, lass," he responded, his tone just ever so slightly stroking his ego. Truth be told, it wasn't an extremely complicated spell––most anyone could pick it up if they practiced it enough––but considering all of five seconds later it failed to have the fullest effect, he let it slide. The second he heard the guard's footsteps his gaze fell instead on the chest, which remained open to the side. Pointing at it and gesturing toward himself, a belt with three sheathed daggers flew from the chest right into his hands. Can't go forgettin' these, he chuckled mentally, turning his attention back to the doorway.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" the guard that had been sleeping yelled in astonishment.

"What does it look like you stupid prat?" Silvertongue jeered, his facial expression now rather critical. He eyed the man for all of three seconds before deciding he couldn't possibly be worth their time. "Tell ya what: You let us waltz right outta here an' we'll forget tha' ya do a lousy job bein' a damn guard." The thief mage glanced over at the two foes who had just joined the scene. "Best find a different man for the job next time, dearies," he added with a devilish grin, "this one's not cut up for the best, I'm afraid."

Chuckling, he crouched, absentmindedly glancing over to the girl who remained, at this point, within the cell. Poor girl, he thought to himself, so young to be caught in a mess like this. Perhaps he would offer her some solace when they weren't in immediate danger.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Natsumi watched with little interest as the three others went about collecting their gear from a chest. She still hadn't gotten up off the ground, and now both of her hands lay on the cold floor beside her. None of the guards knew that the ribbon that sat atop her head helped her focus. If she didn't have that, she wouldn't be able to control fire nearly as well as she usually did. Natsumi reached up and patted the thing on her head delicately. Would she have to use her power today? Did she even want to escape? Those where the questions she asked herself.

"I want to go," Natsumi whispered to no one in particular. She willed herself to stand, her body, though small and frail, strong enough to carry herself closer to the open doors of her cell. Natsumi took a couple steps forward, and peered around the corner of her cell, but never left it. The guard had woken up. And he had friends too. "Who're they?" Natsumi asked no one in particular.

Natsumi starts in G-7

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Jailbreak

Location: Runescryum Archives - Holding Cells

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Seed of Valiance~

Achievement: Hasty Escape - Incapacitate each of the jail guards before the fifth player phase comes around. [5 AP]

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } {T} {G} { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} {C} { } {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} {?} { } { } { } {l} { } { } F
{w} { } { } { } {A} {S} {N} { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 7
Def: 6
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

?????? (Cleric)
HP: 17/17
MP: 28/28
DD: 0/10
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 5
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage)
HP: 20/20
MP: 25/25
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 3 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Goran (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Tanya (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Christian (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Search - Check through the drawers of the desk.  Range: Adjacent.]

{l}{/}{-} - Prison Bars
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1!

Aeria moves to F5.

"With the knowledge we've gained I don't think they'll be so apt to let us go without a fight," Aeria spoke tartly as she sheathed her sword and took a step forward.  She had been able to briefly skim over the document and boy was it an important one.  It contained records of Nagranok's history along with some interesting schemata for unknown technology, and technology wasn't exactly a big field of study in Aldasrune.  She couldn't make heads or tails of the diagrams printed upon the parchment.  She would need to take the document to an acquaintance of hers in order to decipher what all was displayed.  Whatever it was, it certainly didn't look good.  And with all of that in her mind, there was no way she was getting out of here alive.  She didn't know what the others had been charged with though she could have fathomed some guesses, but chances were that now that they had broke free, death awaited all of them.

Aeria attacks Goran!  7 Dmg! (ATK)

Retrieving her rifle from her back, she loaded up some ammunition, took aim, and fired directly at the guard who had been sleeping.  If he had been doing his job, they would not have escaped.  They should have let her and the others go free on this technicality.  As if we'd ever be so lucky, she thought to herself, debating on whether to stay at range for the moment or to rush into the heat of battle, sword and shield at the ready.


?????? casts Photon on Goran!  7 Light Dmg! (INT)

MP: 16/28

"Gathering of light particles, shine!  Photon!!" the feminine voice emanating from within the robes suddenly picked up in volume and the dim chamber was lit up by swirling light that surged upwards and around its conjurer.  The person held their hands together and focused intently, the light gathering at her command around the jail guard that Aeria had assaulted.  More and more light consecrated until a sphere had formed, the guard visibly beginning to grow fearful, and rightfully so.  The sphere exploded with a bright blast and the particles dispersed, their purpose served.  "Hopefully they do not recognize my signature magic..." the cloaked figure murmured to themselves.  Nobody could know of their identity just yet.  That is why they did not offer a name when Aeria deigned to introduce herself.  All would become known in due time.

?????? waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Fighting again. She had seen it before, the last time someone tried to escape. The guards saw to it that the jailbreak failed in the end, but what they did to the man was ever fresh in her mind. Natsumi stood frozen on the edge of the cell, never leaving it. She could step back inside of it and act as if she was not part of this plot at all. She could do that, and they wouldn't hurt her too badly. That's what she hoped, anyway. It was too dangerous to step outside this cell, it meant certain death if they were caught.

Natsumi glanced back at the cell. It was dark there, and a puddle of water was beginning to form where there had been a leak in the ceiling. Their privy was a bucket, and they slept on stone. This had been her life for the past five years, and she could hardly remember her life before that. But for certain she once had feathered beds and her own room. Thinking harder, she remembered another girl, smaller than herself, but she wasn't sure if it was her or a sister she might have had. Did she even have a family anymore?

Natsumi shifted, her legs beginning to feel weak. One thing was true, she was thinner than a stick of wood, her bones easily visible through her skin. Her growth had been stunted as well, her hair was the only thing that seemed to grow. She still had the body of a nine-year-old, the top of her head barely reaching the young boy's chest. She looked at him now, towering over her, next to her. Would he, too, move and fight with these other prisoners? She would wait. And watch.

Natsumi waits.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:44 pm

His eyes lingered on the girl who remained frozen within the confines of the opened cell. Would she take no action? Silvertongue frowned mentally, his brow creasing ever so slightly. To not take action would mean certain death––didn't she know that? Perhaps she didn't. "Oi, darlin', I know et's scary, but ya 'ave to be brave. They won' treat ya too kindly if they catch us regardless," he offered, shrinking down to her child-sized stature for the moment. He hesitantly moved to place his hand on her shoulder, but his fingers remained hovering inches from her skin––he didn't wish to frighten her further. How to proceed... his eyes darted to the guards a moment. "I won' let 'em hurt ya, doll, just stay close." he said after a moment, returning a confident gaze to her small frame.

Silvertongue moves to D6!

Without waiting for a response, he stepped away from the cell and over to the desk nearby. No way was he backing out on his word, but since he wasn't at liberty to strike the guard as his allies were, he figured it a better option to rife through their drawers. Perhaps he could find something useful. Although in the back of his mind, his thoughts remained on the fragile-looking child he had spoken to. She would not be left defenseless if he could help it.

Silvertongue uses Trigger Command: Search on Desk C6!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:23 pm

Silv searches the desk!

Items found:

---Document
---Archives Key
---50 Gold

* * *

Goran takes 9 Dmg!

HP: 6/15

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Jailbreak

Location: Runescryum Archives - Holding Cells

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Seed of Valiance~

Achievement: Hasty Escape - Incapacitate each of the jail guards before the fifth player phase comes around. [5 AP]

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } {T} {G} { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} {C} { } {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } { } { } {S} {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} {?} { } {A} { } {l} { } { } F
{w} { } { } { } { } { } {N} { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Enemy Phase.

Goran moves to D4.

"Stop right there!!" the drowsy jail guard shouted frantically as he noticed the thief rummaging through his desk.  The little shit had gotten a hold of the document and a very important key.  Grabbing his wooden baton, he tossed it at Silv landing a direct hit, the thing returning to his hand like a boomerang.

Goran uses Baton Toss on Silv!  5 Dmg! (ATK) [Silv is Addled]

MP: 9/15

Tanya uses Lantern! [-10% DMG Taken for adjacent allies]

MP: 9/15

Tanya moves to C4.

Christian moves to E3.

Christian attacks Elisia!  4 Dmg! (ATK)

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} { } {T} {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } {G} { } {S} {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} {C} { } { } { } {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} {?} { } {A} { } {l} { } { } F
{w} { } { } { } { } { } {N} { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Tanya's Lantern has 3 turns.

Player Phase 2!

Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 7
Def: 6
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

?????? (Cleric)
HP: 16/17
MP: 16/28
DD: 1/10
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 5
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *ADDLE*
HP: 17/20
MP: 25/25
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 3 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/25
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Goran (Jail Guard)
HP: 6/15
MP: 9/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Tanya (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 9/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Christian (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Search - Check through the drawers of the desk.  Range: Adjacent.]

{l}{/}{-} - Prison Bars
[No Occupy]


Aeria uses Hot-Blooded Surge! [ATK +40%][Malice gained by attacks increased]

MP: 9/15

The document!!  Silv had managed to obtain it.  It was in the hands it needed to be in.  If they could escape with it and their lives, she could finally learn what the knights of Runescryum had been hiding because they were certainly up to something.  This was her true purpose.  She could feel her blood boiling and a red aura erupted around her.  "Stay away from him, foolish grunt!"  The gun was as good as tucked away and she grabbed her sword and shield once more, preparing to charge in.  "Silv, be careful; I will be your shield!"  She slammed the flat of her blade against her shield.  "Swine, pay attention to the true threat!  Worry about a silly piece of paper and you'll be run through by my blade!  Death will give nothing more to worry about!"

Aeria moves to E4.


?????? moves to G3.

?????? casts Photon on Christian!  7 Light Dmg! (INT)

MP: 4/28

It seemed as though not all of them were so apt to take up arms, but the cloaked figure had to protect the innocents from the tyranny of the knights.  What had they become?  Such an honorable organization turned rotten by some unknown entity, their morals rotting just as the world around them continued to do.  Everything falling into such decay...  The figure leaped back a bit and channeled more light mana.  It gathered and congregated around the nearest guard now, the one who so foolishly left the safety of his ally's magic.  "Gathering of light particles, shine!  Photon!!" the figure chanted loudly, the sphere of light exploding instantly sending the knight into disarray through the powerful magic.  One could almost wonder how they got locked away in the first place by lowly knights...


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:33 pm

Silvertongue moves to D5!

"Oi!" Silv sneered at the guard who had tossed his baton at them. "Don' get mad at me just cause ya can't do ya job right," he spat, taking a couple steps over to the guard with a frown. He had half a mind to smack the guard silly, perhaps even take that meager spell he had seen the other woman use. However, his eyes fell to another drawer on the desk. It too could have some useful information waiting in its clutches. Choosing instead to simply stick his tongue out at the guard, the thief quickly went to work pillaging the contents of the last drawer.

Silvertongue uses Trigger Command: Search on Desk C5!

"Needn't worry 'bout me, lass," Silv quipped in a more lighthearted tone. "Although I certainly appreciate the help," he added as he finished rummaging.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Who was this person, anyway? He spoke in an odd accent that she couldn't too much understand, but Natsumi felt warmth from his words. Warmth was something she hadn't felt in a long time. She almost remembered what it felt like to be warm. Here in the dank, cold cell, it wasn't warm at all. The boy went off, leaving Natsumi with only the company of the candles beside her. Absentmindedly, she reached out to the candle, the fire flickering in the darkness.

Natsumi finally remembered. Fire. That was the very reason she was thrown into the cell in the first place. People feared her because she loved fire. But there was more to it than that. No matter how much she touched or played with fire, it never hurt her. She never lost control of the flame, not once, but people feared that she might. None of that was ever true, she knew exactly what she was doing every time she so much as glanced at a flame.

Now that fire from the candle burned even brighter, the wax of the candle dripping at an incredible clip. Natsumi stole the fire, the flame flowing from the candle and surrounding her in a single, small ring that hovered just around her bare feet. Then she took a step forward, out of the cell.

There was no fire there, but the ground where Natsumi stood burned, glowing a hot red. Natsumi watched her feet for a moment, marveling at what she was doing. For the first time in what seemed like a hundred years, she had the only thing that had ever given her comfort back in her control. Carefully, Natsumi looked up at the men that were fighting them, the guards.

"I just want to go home!" Natsumi suddenly declared, stamping her foot on the ground that was no longer cold. Fire leaped around her foot in response to her tantrum. Even now, they could see Natsumi building up her lungs with air, getting ready for the big explosion that always followed at the climax of a child's tantrum. But what came out of her mouth was more than what anyone ever expected. "GO. AWAY!" Natsumi screamed, and from her mouth came a fire of a deep green. It scorched the air with its heat as it engulfed both man and land. The fire did not stop until Natsumi was out of breath. Before her fire was burnt land, much like what she stood on.

Natsumi moves to F-6

Natsumi uses Dragonsbreath towards Goran and Christian! 8 Int Fire DMG! Chance of Burn!

MP: 13/25

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:32 pm

Silv searches the desk!

Items found:

---Knightly Magazine

* * *

Goran takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 1/15

Goran evades Burn!

Tanya takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 10/15

Tanya evades Burn!

Christian takes 11 Dmg!

HP: 4/15

Christian is Burned!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Jailbreak

Location: Runescryum Archives - Holding Cells

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Seed of Valiance~

Achievement: Hasty Escape - Incapacitate each of the jail guards before the fifth player phase comes around. [5 AP]

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} { } {T} {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } {G} {S} { } {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} {C} {A} { } { } {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} { } { } { } {N} {l} { } { } F
{w} { } {?} { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge has 3 turns.

Silver is Addled for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

Goran moves to E6.

The flames were excruciating and threatened to devour everything.  His body was in severe pain from the damage he had sustained.  Such magical power...  Wheezing and panting, Goran rushed through the fire, baton raised.  He came to a halt before the young girl, his face as black as ash.  "You'll...regret THIS!!"  He brought the baton down hard on the girl, striking her across the face.

Goran attacks Natsumi!  4 Dmg! (ATK)

Tanya moves to D4.

Tanya takes damage from the dancing flames!

HP: 9/15

Tanya evades Burn!

Tanya attacks Silv!  4 Dmg! (ATK)

Christian moves to F3.

Christian uses Baton Toss on Natsumi!  5 Dmg! (ATK) [Natsumi is Addled]

MP: 9/15

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} { } { } {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } {T} {S} { } {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} { } {A} { } {G} {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} {C} { } { } {N} {l} { } { } F
{w} { } {?} { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Tanya's Lantern has 2 turns left.

Christian is Burned for 3 turns.

Player Phase 3!

Aeria (Fighter) *HOT-BLOODED SURGE*
HP: 25/25
MP: 9/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 7 --- 10
Def: 6
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

?????? (Cleric)
HP: 16/17
MP: 4/28
DD: 2/10
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 5
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *ADDLE*
HP: 15/20
MP: 25/25
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 3 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *ADDLE*
HP: 10/15
MP: 13/25
DD: 3/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Goran (Jail Guard)
HP: 1/15
MP: 9/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Tanya (Jail Guard)
HP: 9/15
MP: 9/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Christian (Jail Guard) *BURN [1]*
HP: 3/15
MP: 9/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]

{l}{/}{-} - Prison Bars
[No Occupy]


Aeria uses Sky Shatter on Tanya!  14 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 1/15

Enough power to shatter the sky.  That was what she needed right now.  Raising her sword high into the air, Aeria let out a loud shout and brought it down upon her foe, striking her down with such ease that it was almost pathetic.  Aeria's eyes shifted quickly to Natsumi who was in danger.  To even think that that sorry excuse for a man would strike such a frail young girl...it was unbelievable.  "Silv, I'm counting on you!" she called out to the thief who so happened to be nearby.  He could put an end to THAT scum's worthless life.

Aeria waits.


?????? attacks Christian!  3 Dmg! (ATK)

"It seems you all had trouble assessing who was the greatest threat, and in the end, you found out too late," the cloaked figure said snidely as they deftly wove their saber through the air.  Jabbing at the guard in front of them, they retracted the saber quickly, entering a defensive stance, but this struggle was as good as over.  Once it was, there would be no time to waste.  They would be fugitives.  If things got out of control, there was no doubt that the Rune Knights would be called in to deal with the problem, and a run-in with just one of them was bad enough.  Luckily, to the figure's knowledge, many of the Rune Knights were not present in the capitol at the moment but they still didn't want to press their luck.  In this case, it was much better safe than sorry.

?????? waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:29 am

Silvertongue turned quickly at the sound of Natsumi stepping out of the cell and speaking to (or rather, shouting at) the guards. He hadn't quite expected such a reaction to come from the girl, but what happened to the fire caused him to quirk an eyebrow. Was that her doing? Did this child have––seconds later it seemed that unspoken question needn't be answered as the girl delivered a clearly devastating attack.

For whatever reason, the flames did not hurt him when they flew his direction. If anything it felt like being swaddled in an incredibly warm blanket. Had the party not been locked in battle, he would have felt so relaxed. He could not relax, however, for the one of the guards––the arse that somehow stood standing––had made a move to assault his undeclared charge. Silvertongue's blood boiled the instant the man's baton struck the poor girl's face.

Silvertongue moves to E5!

Aeria spoke to him, but he paid the words no mind. No. They did not have any meaning at this moment. All that had meaning was the fire now raging in his heart. "Excuse me," he spoke with a deadly quality to his voice––which was now a hushed whisper––as he tapped the stupid guard on the shoulder. The man had few seconds to turn to face the swiftly moving thief, for Silvertongue quickly decked the guy with all the force he could allow. "I won' be 'avin any a that, ya bastard," he spat, watching as the man fell to the ground unconscious.

Silvertongue attacks decks Goran! 1 Atk Damage! Beatin' children ain't cool, yo!

The second he ascertained the man was well beyond any more struggle, at least for the moment, Silvertongue's eyes returned to Natsumi's smallish form. "My deepest apologies, darlin'," he said softly, bowing his head in his now kneeled position. "I didn' mean for 'arm to come to ya––are ya alright?" he asked, brow creased with concern. He certainly hoped she was and that she still trusted him; escaping with tension between them would put them back a step, especially since this girl commanded such powerful magic.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Natsumi flinched at the blow, and was knocked onto the floor by the second one, which sehe hadn't seem coming. Now her face stung, and the side of her head throbbed with pain. She didn't want this. It hurt. Natsumi sniffed, bringing up a hand to wipe away at the tears forming in her eyes. After a second, she hiccuped a few times, rubbing her eyes with both hands as she tried to ignore the pain to no real effect.

"Hic." Natsumi's shoulders jumped a little as she turned her eyes back up. The other boy was there kneeling by her. He was so nice to her, but why? It didn't matter, Natsumi was only glad that someone actually cared about poor little Natsumi. She hiccuped again, sniffing. "I don't like this," she cried, not bothering to wipe away her eyes anymore. "I wanna go home."

Natsumi waits...and cries. :'(

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:17 pm

Goran takes 1 Dmg!

Goran PERFECT KILL!!

Tanya takes 11 Dmg!

Tanya KO!

Christian takes 1 Dmg!

HP: 2/15

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Jailbreak

Location: Runescryum Archives - Holding Cells

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Seed of Valiance~

Achievement: Hasty Escape - Incapacitate each of the jail guards before the fifth player phase comes around. [5 AP]

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} { } { } {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} { } {A} {S} { } {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} {C} { } { } {N} {l} { } { } F
{w} { } {?} { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge has 2 turn left.

Silver is Addled for 1 more turn.

Natsumi is Addled for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

Christian moves to F5.

Christian attacks Natsumi!  4 Dmg! (ATK)

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} { } { } {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} { } {A} {S} { } {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} { } { } {C} {N} {l} { } { } F
{w} { } {?} { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Christian is Burned for 2 more turns.

Player Phase 4!

Aeria (Fighter) *HOT-BLOODED SURGE*
HP: 25/25
MP: 1/15
DD: 2/10
Atk: 7 --- 10
Def: 6
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

?????? (Cleric)
HP: 16/17
MP: 4/28
DD: 3/10
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 5
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *ADDLE*
HP: 15/20
MP: 25/25
DD: 1/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 3 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *ADDLE*
HP: 8/15
MP: 13/25
DD: 3/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Goran (Jail Guard) *PERFECT KILL*

Tanya (Jail Guard) *KO*

Christian (Jail Guard) *BURN [1]*
HP: 1/15
MP: 9/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]

{l}{/}{-} - Prison Bars
[No Occupy]


Aeria moves to F4.

"That is ENOUGH!" Aeria shouted madly, her blazing aura streaking along until she came to a halt behind the nearby jail guard. She was done watching the abuse of this fragile girl. It was over. Raising her blade, she sliced downwards at an angle, her sword effortlessly tearing completely through the man's torso like butter, her aura only serving to enrage and empower her. Blood erupted like a fountain, and she circumvented the corpse was such speed, raising her shield to defend the young girl from the sight and the rain of blood. A shield could be cleaned but this girl had been through far enough.

"The threat is far from over, you two. I hate that others had to be dragged into this mess, but it's best you stick with me for the time being," she said to Silv mostly. She had no idea how they got themselves landed in prison or what they had planned to do after escaping, but splitting up was a terrible idea at the moment though she was certain that the others had more sense than that. The fact that the cloaked figure decided to remain as such still irked her. Who were they? Their magic was frightening but there was something weird about it...

Aeria attacks Christian! 10 Dmg! (ATK)


* * *

Christian takes 7 Dmg!

Christian KO!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Jailbreak

Location: Runescryum Archives - Holding Cells

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Seed of Valiance~

Achievement: Hasty Escape - Incapacitate each of the jail guards before the fifth player phase comes around. [5 AP]

{w} {w} {s} {s} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{w} {w} { } { } {d} {d} { } { } { } C
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {/} {-} {-} D
{w} {w} { } { } {S} { } {l} { } { } E
{w} {w} { } {A} { } {N} {l} { } { } F
{w} { } {?} { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} { } { } I
{w} {w} { } { } { } { } {l} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


All enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+2 - Jail Guard x2
+2 - Jail Guard x1 PERFECT KILL
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No Items used
+2 - No D-Abilities used

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 12

Aeria: 0/12 --- 12/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 0/16
Current DD: 3/10

??????: 0/12 --- 12/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 0/16
Current DD: 3/10

Silv: 0/12 --- 12/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 0/16
Current DD: 1/10

Natsumi: 0/12 --- 12/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 0/16
Current DD: 3/10

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Aeria, ??????, Silv, Natsumi

Achievement SUCCESS!! [+5 AP]

The Party finds 12 Gold!

Items found:

---Smooth Pebble x2

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:13 pm

"Do make haste.  We have no time to waste here," the cloaked figure said briskly before pacing across the chamber and up the stairway leading to the first basement floor of the archives.  Aeria watched the person take off wondering what their plan for escape was because it seemed as though they had one.  They must have known this place well.  Were they a traitor?  Someone who worked for the knights but betrayed them?  Could they trust someone like that with their very lives?  Aeria figured that they hadn't been let down so far.  Sighing, she pursued the cloaked figure but not before addressing the others.

"That mysterious person's right; we shouldn't linger here.  They might be our only chance for salvation so let's stick with them.  The main goal is getting out of here; once we're free, well...you will have safe haven if you follow me to my place," she spoke clearly and tersely to them, breaking off and offering them a small smile at the last part.  She really wanted them to stay with her so she could keep them safe, and maybe they all could delve into the dirt of the Runescryum Knights and find the secret to what was causing the decay of their very world.

Up the stairs she went with new determination blazing in her soul.  The stairwell was dark but upon surging through the threshold, she found herself in familiar territory--the halls of the archives, though this one seemed particularly interesting.  Most of the doors were composed of well-kept iron and locked without a doubt.  It was around this area that she had managed to snag the document that the knights seemed to apt to keep out of the hands of strangers.  She noticed the cloaked figure standing nearby.

"This is the Corridor of Chronicles; the annals of Nagranok history can be found here along with various rare pieces of both fiction and nonfiction.  Somewhere on this floor exists the Hall of Restricted Records.  The best way to get out of here would be to pass through it and reach the stairway up to the ground floor.  The main hallway will be our destination because it'll take us to the lobby and we can exit out the front," the person explained with such proficient knowledge of the layout of the archive that it just raised suspicions even higher than they already were.  "Assuming they haven't set a trap for us..."

"WELL, WELL, WELL.  LOOK WHAT WE HAVE HERE!" a loud, raspy woman's voice echoed throughout the hallway.  "Prisoners dare to escape the bowels of my prison beneath our magnificent collection of tomes?!  Foolishness!!"  A woman accompanied by two jail guards appeared from one direction of the hallway.  She had long curly raven black hair and stunning neon violet eyes, the same color that hemmed her flowing black robes.  Two tomes levitated next to her, one on each side of her thin form.  "There's no punishment left but immediate death."

The cloaked woman armed herself and Aeria followed suit.  The jail guards responded in kind.  It seemed a confrontation was inevitable.

"Lethis..." the cloaked figure muttered inaudibly.

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Knowledgeable

Location: Runescryum Archives - Corridor of Chronicles

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Seed of Valiance~

Achievement: Magician's Duel - Fell Lethis with an INT-based basic attack or skill. [5 AP]

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {L} { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {X} { } { } {c} { } { } D
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} {M} {N} {X} { } { } {c} { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {?} { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {X} { } { } { } {C} { } I
{B} {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } {A} {X} { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10--11--12--13--14-


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 30/30
MP: 15/15
DD: 3/10
Atk: 7
Def: 7
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

?????? (Cleric)
HP: 17/17
MP: 33/33
DD: 3/10
Atk: 3
Def: 5
Int: 6
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Lethis (Second Rank Archive Guardian) *MDO +10%* *MP REGEN [3]*
HP: 25/25
MP: 61/61
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 3
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 2 cells

Michael (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nance (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{X} - Sealed Door
[No Occupy]
[No Pass]
[Trigger Command: Open - Unlocks and opens the door.  Requires Archive Key.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Point of Interest [Table]
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Inspect - Check out what's lying on the table.  Range: Adjacent.]

{C} - Chest
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open - Unlock and open the chest.  Requires Chest Key x1.  Range: Adjacent.]

{B} - Bag
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open - Check what's inside the bag.  Range: Adjacent.]

{c} - Couch
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Take a Seat - Why not?  There's enough room for two.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

Players may start in rows I-J!


Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:26 am

The second she started to cry Silvertongue could have sworn his heart ripped itself into two pieces. Without speaking, he reached out to her, lightly brushing his thumb in circles on her shoulder. "Aww, darlin'," he whispered, pulling her just a little closer to him, "c'mere." Slowly, with the utmost care, he pulled her into his warmest embrace, gently cradling her fragile form against his lightly toned chest. "It'll be alright," he crooned, silently acknowledging Aeria as she spoke to the two of them. "I'll get ya outta 'ere," he added in a hushed voice as the Fighter turned to follow the mysterious figure.

In one motion he scooped the sniveling girl into his arms and kept her close to him. He took a second or two to shift her weight––which admittedly wasn't much––before following suit. The lengthy halls of the archives greeted them, endless arrays of annals and tomes filled the shelves in between the locked doors. Had they not been in such a rush to leave, he knew he would have wanted to sit down with a book or two. One of them had to hold some sort of interesting spell. Before he could really think about just taking one, however, a raspy female voice rang out.

"Lethis..." he had heard the cloaked figure mutter under her breath. His own blue-green eyes fell to the rather nasty looking woman. Whereas the others drew their weapons, he merely looked her up and down, almost as if he were sizing her up––judging her based on some unknown criteria. In the end, he nodded and smiled. "Hey lady," he called out, setting Natsumi down gently, "show me what ya got."

Little did she know what intentions laid locked within his mind.

Silvertongue starts at I7!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:56 am

Natsumi hiccuped again, sick and tired of being hit by mean men in their uniforms. She would have cried even harder if not for the boy and his soothing words. He was such a nice person, Natsumi couldn't help but feel a little safer with him nearby. And when he hugged her, Natsumi blushed, her face turning red, a little from embarrassment, a little from comfort. Natsumi had buried her face in his chest and kept herself there, even after he picked her up and began carrying her somewhere. She didn't care. She was warm, and someone was showing her kindness for the first time in a very, very long time.

She was set down carefully, oh so gently, but she didn't want to be set down yet. Her hand brushed against the boy, but never grasping at him. Instead she let her hand fall back to her side and turned her body forward, ready to walk with him. She always kept looking back up at him though, waiting almost impatiently for the next time he would scoop her up again.

Natsumi starts in J-7

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Knowledgeable

Location: Runescryum Archives - Corridor of Chronicles

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Seed of Valiance~

Achievement: Magician's Duel - Fell Lethis with an INT-based basic attack or skill. [5 AP]

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {L} { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {X} { } { } {c} { } { } D
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} {M} {N} {X} { } { } {c} { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {?} { } {w} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} {S} { } {X} { } { } { } {C} { } I
{B} {t} {t} { } { } {X} {N} {A} {X} { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10--11--12--13--14-


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 30/30
MP: 15/15
DD: 3/10
Atk: 7
Def: 7
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

?????? (Cleric)
HP: 17/17
MP: 33/33
DD: 3/10
Atk: 3
Def: 5
Int: 6
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage)
HP: 20/20
MP: 25/25
DD: 1/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 7
Spr: 4
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
DD: 3/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 8
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Lethis (Second Rank Archive Guardian) *MDO +10%* *MP REGEN [3]*
HP: 25/25
MP: 61/61
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 3
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 2 cells

Michael (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nance (Jail Guard)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 4
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{X} - Sealed Door
[No Occupy]
[No Pass]
[Trigger Command: Open - Unlocks and opens the door.  Requires Archive Key.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Point of Interest [Table]
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Inspect - Check out what's lying on the table.  Range: Adjacent.]

{C} - Chest
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open - Unlock and open the chest.  Requires Chest Key x1.  Range: Adjacent.]

{B} - Bag
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open - Check what's inside the bag.  Range: Adjacent.]

{c} - Couch
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Take a Seat - Why not?  There's enough room for two.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1!

Aeria uses Hot-Blooded Surge! [ATK +40%][Malice caused by attacks increased]

MP: 9/15

A blazing aura surged to life around Aeria once more as she wasted no time in getting motivated to bring about an end to these fools.  The one with the two tomes must have been of a higher rank than the goons; she spoke with more authority despite how obnoxious it happened to be.  However, it was just as she feared.  The only punishment was death.  Imprisonment was no longer an option especially since they had proven quite easily that they could escape such retribution.  Another thing plaguing her mind was the identity of the cloaked figure.  What had they muttered under their breath?  Aeria had a feeling there was a lot to be revealed soon, and she was rather well-known around her last workplace for her excellent intuition.  She could always be trusted to make judgment calls and speculations.  Such speculations may as well be as good as fact.  For now, she assumed their victory drew nearer and they could once again continue on their escape.

Aeria wiats.


?????? casts Photon on Michael!  8 Light Dmg! (INT)

MP: 21/33

"Gathering of light particles, shine!  Photon!!" the cloaked figure chanted, light swirling about them in glistening trails.  The particles of light heeded her call and congregated around the nearest jail guard.  The grew and grew, the sphere they formed enlarging to frightening size before exploding as was their command.  The spell seemed to greatly startle the guard himself along with his accomplice.  They were used to seeing magic, but not having it used on them.  [b][i]There will be much more where that came from...foolish pawns.  I hope they don't realize what the knights are truly up to.  At least then they would be acting in ignorance instead of doing everything intentionally.

?????? waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Silvertongue uses Trigger Command: Open on Sealed Doors I6 and J6!

Not getting a direct response, Silvertongue merely stared at the woman with great interest. No doubt she knew her way around a spell. The tomes that floated to her sides clearly indicated that much. If he could just see what she had in her arsenal he could make a decision, reach into her head, and take whatever magic he wanted for his own. She'd have to go through the struggle of learning it all over again––at least, she would if she wasn't going to become incapacitated.

Unable to jump right into the action, however, caused him to direct his current attention elsewhere. Taking the key he had procured earlier in the dungeon, he jammed it into one of the sealed doors to his left, quickly turning it and unlocking it. Quick inspection yielded a leather bag just sitting off behind a table. Perhaps, if he had time, he would go grab that for himself. But not yet. His eyes returned to Lethis.

Her magic would be his first.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Natsumi shied away from the sight of the two guards and the other one who stood in their path. She looked dangerous, and Natsumi wanted nothing more than to crawl into a hole and hide away for the rest of her life. She knew she could fit into most anything, what with how tiny she was. Even her hands were paper thin and weak. Bones justted out of her body at every joint, and the skin clung to her and sagged in certain places. Her chest was flat, and she could feel every depression between her ribs. Her baggy clothing protected most of her body from view, but you could see how malnourished she was by just her face. Hollow eyes, bright with a red fire, but they bulged out of her sockets. Her cheekbones seemed to want to puncture the skin on her face, and her neck was so thin, one of those guards could wrap a hand around it and still have plenty of room left.

Natsumi saw the boy, in front of her now, open the door next to them with a key. Inside there was a small table and, on the other side of it, a little bag sitting by itself. Natsumi looked back at the boy and saw that he didn't move. This would be her chance to find a place to hide from all the fighting. She didn't move quickly, walking made her stomach hurt and her hips ache, she still wasn't used to standing after all these years. But she nonetheless shuffled her way through the open door and towards the table. She would hide under it. That's what she'd do. Then the bad guys wouldn't be able to reach her.

Natsumi hurt too much to smile.

Natsumi moves to J-5

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16208
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:18 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum