Decaying World [Redux]

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 pm

Natsumi unlocks and opens the Sealed Doors (I6) and (J6)!

"Foolish."  Yalashi listened as Silv chanted the spell that had unmistakeably belonged to Lethis at some point in time.  Yalashi could only assume that his underling had perished at the hands of the princess and her rogues.  He stayed silent for a moment praying for her soul, but he soon became aware of the thorny vines threatening to take hold of him.  However, before they could claim him, a large scroll slithered out from the sleeve of his robe quickly, wrapping around him, some words writing themselves on the parchment.  The vines dissipated, but Yalashi was not done.  "Reflect Scroll, exact retribution!  I'll show you how to truly cast a spell!  "The fangs of the verdant Mother pierce the skin of the mortals who dare think themselves better than their origins!  Squirm and struggle in Her embrace; you will learn your place!  Binding Thorns!"  The very vines that threatened to ensnare Yalashi now rose from the ground around Silv and took hold of him, their thorns penetrating his skin and causing him to bleed.

Yalashi's Reflect Scroll casts the spell back at Silv! [Silv is already Immobilized][Target takes 3% Max HP Dmg per turn]

* * *

Cayden takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 4/20

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Scholar

Location: Runescryum Archives - Foyer of Fiction

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Librarian - Collect all three tomes in the Foyer of Fiction!

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {Y} {C} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} {K} { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {X} { } {A} {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {X} {S} { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } {C} {C} { } { } {w} { } {E} {w} H
{ } { } { } {N} { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Natsumi's Haste has 2 turns left.

Silv is Immobilized for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

Yalashi attacks Silv!  9 Dmg! (INT)

"Getting frustrated and angry in the face of your enemy allows them to seize that emotion as weakness.  You have a lot to learn, thief of spells," Yalashi said calmly, letting out an old chuckle before waving his hand over his book which seemed to send a mana-based projectile soaring through the air, striking Silv right in the chest.  "And yes, Princess, I most certainly can.  It is a matter of loyalty and I am not one to betray the ones I serve whether they be good or evil.  If they believe what they are doing is right, than who am I to question it?"

Yalashi waits.

Katherine casts Ether Rocket on Silv!  11 Dmg! CRITICAL!! (INT) [MISS]

MP: 26/40

Katherine waits.

Cayden casts Ether Rocket on Aeria!  7 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 26/40

Cayden waits.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {Y} {C} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} {K} { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {X} { } {A} {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {X} {S} { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } {C} {C} { } { } {w} { } {E} {w} H
{ } { } { } {N} { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 3!

Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 20/35
MP: 15/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 17/17
MP: 27/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *IMMOBILIZE* *BINDING THORNS [1]*
HP: 14/25
MP: 14/25
DD: 5/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE*
HP: 15/15
MP: 22/30
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Yalashi (Scholar)
HP: 29/30
MP: 51/75
DD: 4/10
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Katherine (Archive Guardian)
HP: 18/20
MP: 26/40
DD: --/--
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Cayden (Archive Guardian) *CRITICAL*
HP: 4/20
MP: 26/40
DD: --/--
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

{X} - Sealed Door
[No Occupy]
[No Pass]
[Trigger Command: Open - Unlocks and opens the door.  Requires Archive Key.  Range: Adjacent.]

{b} - Point of Interest [Bookshelf]
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Pull Book - Pull out the book on the bookshelf.  Range: Adjacent.]

{C} - Chest
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Open - Unlock and open the chest.  Requires Chest Key x1.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{b} - Bookshelf
[No Occupy]

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]


Aeria moves to C8.

The blast of magic bounced off her form hardly dealing any damage, and Aeria was just about tired of magic.  She dashed forward tucking her rifle behind her while drawing her sword and shield, slashing horizontally in front of her catching the unfortunate archive guardian in its reach.  It looked to be his final straw and the man collapsed to the ground in a puddle of blood.  She shot a fierce gaze towards Yalashi.  "The only foolish one here is the one who thinks the knights will offer anything to this dying world," she snapped, her stance becoming more adamant.  Oh when she got a hold of him, that would be glorious.  She could already feel the malice within her growing restless, wishing to be unleashed but she knew it wasn't wise to release that power just yet.  She had other plans for the unwary Yalashi who was so focused on Silv that he knew not of her own powers.  But he would know soon enough.

Aeria attacks Cayden!  7 Dmg! (ATK)


Elisia casts Recover on Silv! [+8 HP Recovered]

MP: 20/39

"Recover!" Elisia chanted, directing her stored up light towards Silv.  It danced over his skin sewing up and mending the injuries he had sustained from the enemy spellcasters with incredible ease.  It was her turn to give Yalashi the evil eye now.  "Now who is the foolish one?!  For that answer has got to be the most foolish thing I've ever heard.  I will cast away my loyalties with ease if it means the world gains one more day to exist.  Loyalty is not worth the world, Yalashi, and you will learn that the hard way if need be," she reprimanded resolutely.  How could he?  To tell her that he would gladly serve the forces of evil...  Was he really the Yalashi she had come to know?  Maybe there was something sinister behind the scenes.  Did the knights have dirt on Yalashi?  Was there some sort of leverage they could use against him in the case that he would betray them?  She looked as hard as she could into his eyes and perhaps...was that a twinkle of sadness in them?  Her heart beat heavily as she saw that obscure emotion lying within his wrinkled form.  There was definitely more to this particular story than met the eye, but it was a shame that she would never find out what it was.  They had to put an end to him if they were to advance, and advance they must.

Elisia waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:28 pm

Silvertongue jammed his tongue between his teeth as the elderly scholar reflected his spell right back at him. No sound came from the thief. Although he did not wish to admit it, Yalashi did, in fact, have a point. Weakness shown could only be exploited––Silv realized he would be smart to avoid showing any more of it. That fact, however, did little to assuage the fact that those conjure thorns fucking hurt! Asshole, he thought murderously, his face having fallen into an uncharacteristic stoic despite the pain. Just wait till I get mah 'ands on ya. Then one of ya precious li'l spells'll be mine. Won't be all-knowin' then, will ya?

Green-blue eyes left the man who had brought about much of his misfortune in the past few minutes. Instead they landed on the door to his left; noticing the key not on his person anymore, he simply snapped his fingers rather nonchalantly. The key suddenly faded from Natsumi's grasp and found purchase in his hands––his expression did not change from the unyielding blankness that had taken him over. He shoved the key into the lock of the door and swung it open without a word.

Silvertongue uses Trigger Command: Open on Sealed Doors D6 and E6!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Natsumi had two other keys hidden within the folds of her rags, though how they ended up there she couldn't know. There wasn't much else to do with them other than open the two chests in the center of the room, so that's what she did. This time she didn't have to jump to reach the lock, Natsumi could just slide the keys into the contraption and unlock the hinges. She took the time to search the chests and take what she wanted to take.

Natsumi moves to I-3 and opens the chest at H-3

Natsumi moves to I-2 and opens the chest at H-4


When she turned around towards the doors, she saw that they were still open. She would have to wheel herself all the way back over there and rejoin the strange man and the two women that Natsumi didn't know. She wondered if they even noticed her anymore, she was always disappearing whenever a fight broke out. But maybe that was for the best, she didn't want to get hit ever again. Not after what happened in the dungeons. Natsumi shivered when she recalled the pain. It still hurt, too.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:46 am

Silv unlocks and opens the Sealed Doors (D6) and (E6)!

Natsumi unlocks and opens Chests (H3) and (H4)!

Items found:

---The Hero That Never Was
---Tale of Two Moons

Cayden takes 5 Dmg!

Cayden KO!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Scholar

Location: Runescryum Archives - Foyer of Fiction

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Librarian - Collect all three tomes in the Foyer of Fiction!

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {Y} { } {w} B
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} {K} {A} { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } {S} { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } {E} {w} H
{ } {N} { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Natsumi's Haste has 1 turn left.

Silv is Immobilized for 1 more turn.

Silv is afflicted with Binding Thorns for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

Yalashi moves to B8.

Yalashi casts Streaming Flames!  Hits Aeria and Elisia!  12 Fire Dmg! (INT)

MP: 41/75

"Call me what you will for my beliefs but it changes nothing!" Yalashi shouted, sidestepping with his tome open, the pages glowing a vibrant red.  Waving a hand over his tome, a blast of flames jetted out, washing over Aeria and billowing along with the tail end of the stream hitting Elisia dead on, both of them getting seared by the magical fire.

Katherine moves to D6.

Katherine casts Magical Shackles on Aeria! [Aeria is Immobilized]

MP: 20/40

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {Y} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {A} { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {K} { } { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } {S} { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } {E} {w} H
{ } {N} { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Player Phase 4!

Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 12/35
MP: 15/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 10/17
MP: 20/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *IMMOBILIZE* *BINDING THORNS [1]*
HP: 13/25
MP: 14/25
DD: 5/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE*
HP: 15/15
MP: 22/30
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Yalashi (Scholar)
HP: 29/30
MP: 41/75
DD: 6/10
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Katherine (Archive Guardian)
HP: 18/20
MP: 20/40
DD: --/--
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Cayden (Archive Guardian) *KO*

{b} - Point of Interest [Bookshelf]
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Pull Book - Pull out the book on the bookshelf.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{b} - Bookshelf
[No Occupy]

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]


Aeria uses Hot-Blooded Surge! [ATK +40%][Increases Malice caused by damage]

MP: 9/15

Aeria was about to raise her shield to lessen the damage dealt by the flames but it was hopeless the streaming jet of fire overtook her sending her spiraling into pain.  Her body was resilient, however, and she was not down and out just yet. Growling at the man in front of her, her eyes began to glow red, and soon after, a red aura surrounded her entire body and her equipment.  She was going to lose herself to the Malice and let it flow, drawing the attention of her foes, and with its power, she would shred through them.  They had already wasted enough time on this fool and his hopeless beliefs that loyalty will save the world.  Only action would save this world and Aeria was ready to perform as much was needed to do so.  She had promised herself that she would never falter from the time she first decided to make her journey to the capitol.  True be it that not all had gone as planned but she was going to get to the bottom of everything if it was the last thing that she did.

Aeria waits.


Elisia begins to cast a spell! (1/2)

"Quickly, light surge into the wounds of the broken!"  The light was already in a flurry around Elisia, aching to reach out and mend the burned Aeria.  She herself had taken quite a bit of damage from the frightening magical flames but she knew that Aeria was about to go on a killing spree; she could sense the unsettling energy.  That woman would need to be in as good health as possible and Elisia would fight to make that so.  She chanted her spell and focused the light so that it would be more effective, but it was a struggle to do, every time in fact.  Wild magic would never be as effective as controlled magic--tamed magic, so to speak.  And she knew the light had a will of its own but it could not go out of control.  No magic should be allowed to go out of control.  That's exactly how accidents happen and it is something taught to the mage apprentices that aim to become archive guardians or scholars for the knights.  Regardless, Elisia took a calculated step back knowing that the flames had just barely reached her before.  Now she should be safe from harm.

Elisia moves to I8.


Last edited by Masquerade on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:24 pm

Taking the key back from the door and slipping it into one of the many pockets that lined the inside of his cloak, Silvertongue stood scowling at both the old timer and his underling. With his spell reflected back at him and the god damned magical chains sealing him in place, there was practically nothing he could do but sit and wait for the effects plaguing him to wear off. He snarled at the thought.

No. He wouldn't sit and twiddle his thumbs.

Silvertongue casts Binding Thorns on Katherine! Chance of Immobilize! 3% Max HP Damage per turn for Three Turns!
Remaining MP: 9/25


"Nature thirsts for revenge against the wicked, ensnaring her offender in the tightest embrace; may blood sate her hunger! Binding Thorns!" Silvertongue growled, his voice once again taking on Lethis' raspiness. Unlike his previous attempt, however, the thorns found themselves launching at the newbie spellcaster, wrapping around her tightly as they too sought to feast upon blood. "'av a taste of ya own medicine, love, I'm sure et's rather bitter."

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Natsumi moves to I-6

Books? She ought to be careful not to burn them. They appeared to be of some kind of import, though not particularly to her. The fact that she found them in separate chests told Natsumi that they held some kind of importance to someone. So she would hold onto them. But also be careful not to burn them. Which wasn't hard. Natsumi never lost control of her fire. Never. Sometimes she forgot she had the power to control flame, but she had never unintentionally set something afire, even when she first discovered her fire.

That seemed like so long ago now. She hadn't changed much. Natsumi, above all things, desired to be taller. She was so tiny, she could hardly keep herself out of harms way half the time, and others wouldn't even realize they were stepping on her. Her hair was about the only thing that made her noticeable, due to its length and color.

Natsumi waits.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Katherine is Immobilized!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Scholar

Location: Runescryum Archives - Foyer of Fiction

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Librarian - Collect all three tomes in the Foyer of Fiction!

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {Y} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {A} { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {K} { } { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } {S} { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {N} { } {E} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Natsumi's Haste fades.

Silv is no longer Immobilized.

Silv is afflicted with Binding Thorns for 1 more turn.

Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Yalashi moves to B7.

Yalashi attacks Aeria!  9 Dmg! (INT)

Katherine casts Ether Rocket on Silv!  7 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 12/40

Katherine waits.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {Y} { } {w} B
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {A} { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {K} { } { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } {S} { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {N} { } {E} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Katherine is Immobilized for 2 more turns.

Katherine is afflicted with Binding Thorns for 3 turns.

Player Phase 5!

Aeria (Fighter) *HOT-BLOODED SURGE* *CRITICAL*
HP: 7/35
MP: 9/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7 --- 10
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 10/17
MP: 20/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *BINDING THORNS [1]*
HP: 10/25
MP: 9/25
DD: 5/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 22/30
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Yalashi (Scholar)
HP: 29/30
MP: 41/75
DD: 6/10
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Katherine (Archive Guardian) *IMMOBILIZE* *BINDING THORNS [1]*
HP: 17/20
MP: 12/40
DD: --/--
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Cayden (Archive Guardian) *KO*

{b} - Point of Interest [Bookshelf]
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Pull Book - Pull out the book on the bookshelf.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{b} - Bookshelf
[No Occupy]

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]


Aeria moves to B8.

"Don't even entertain the notion that you can get away from me," Aeria shouted, chasing after Yalashi as he started to distance himself from her, pelting her with magic from afar.  No, she wasn't about to be having any of that.  She stood there menacingly over the older man who seemed to be quite afraid in that instant.  She didn't want to play the role of a monster, but the knights were forcing her hand, not to mention stubborn scholars.  If he had wanted to escape with his life, he certainly could have, but he was intent on taking a stand and she could respect that, even if it meant she had to bring about his demise.  Raising her blade, it began to glow in a beautiful aura.  With this blade, she possessed the power to break the sky itself into a thousand pieces, so what would it do to a frail old man.  One swing would test her hypothesis.

Aeria uses Sky Shatter on Yalashi!  14 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 1/15


Elisia casts Recover on Aeria! [+8 HP Recovered]

MP: 13/39

"Recover!"  Releasing the pent up light, Elisia watched as it surged towards Aeria who couldn't seem to keep her health up.  The magic that Yalashi employed was far too great for the adventurer, as to be expected from a magician of such a high rank within the knights.  "Please, be careful!" she shouted, watching as the light burst around her, particles glimmering in the air.  She focused on calling them back to her but she was definitely not ready for casting another spell.  All she could do was wait momentarily for the light to build up once more, and once it was built it would take things into its own hands, or at least deign to, but Elisia would never let it, for that was her role as a spellcaster that manipulated magic in the way that she did.  She knew Yalashi would be facing similar trials but no doubt conquering them with ease.  He did not even need incantations for his spells, something only advanced magicians were capable of executing.  He could let the magic flow without fear of it going out of control--that was a level she wished to reach one day, but she knew that would be impossible for as long as she remained in the castle.  These people...they were who she needed to be with, especially considering that the knights found her to be expendable despite being princess of the kingdom.  It led her to believe that everything she was told in the past was just a lie, and that truly saddened her.

Elisia waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Silvertongue moves to C5!

Silvertongue merely grinned as the lackey found herself trapped in a web of thorns and vines––now slowly bleeding out as he continued to be. However, the difference now stood that he could move; the damn shackles conjured earlier shattered into ethereal pieces before dissipating, the thief mage strolling casually on by the apprentice who continued to assault him with pathetic traces of magic.

"Don' mind me, love," he chuckled as she struggled, "I'ma just peruse ya libr'y."

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:44 pm

Natsumi felt her wheels suddenly disappear out from underneath her feet, blowing away with the breeze. She was sad to see her little flames go, but it was for the best. She was starting to lose her balance with them anyway, all this quick movement making her dizzy. Natsumi fiddled with her ragged clothes, trying to flatten the folds and wrinkles. She was an utter mess, which was something to be expected after having spent so much time locked away.

Natsumi moves to H-7

Natsumi felt herself rise again into the air and move forward. She wanted to be able to walk, but her weak legs would only carry her so far. A little nervous, she allowed the fire to wrap beneath her feet and create those wheels that could carry her almost anywhere. She used them to move closer to the others. They were starting to get hurt, and she didn't like that.

Natsumi casts Wind Fire Wheels! Grants Haste.

MP: 14/30

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:16 am

Yalashi takes 10 Dmg!

HP: 19/30

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Scholar

Location: Runescryum Archives - Foyer of Fiction

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Librarian - Collect all three tomes in the Foyer of Fiction!

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {Y} {A} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } {S} {w} { } { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {K} { } { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {E} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Silv is no longer afflicted with Binding Thorns.

Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge has 2 turns.

Natsumi's Haste has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Yalashi casts Electric Circle! 10 Lightning Dmg! (INT) [Aeria is Paralyzed]

MP: 15/75

Yalashi moves to D7.

Katherine casts Magical Shackles on Silv! [Silv is Immobilized]

MP: 6/40

Katherine waits.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {A} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } {S} {w} { } { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } {K} {Y} { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {E} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Katherine is Immobilized for 1 more turn.

Katherine is afflicted with Binding Thorns for 2 more turns.

Player Phase 6!

Aeria (Fighter) *HOT-BLOODED SURGE* *CRITICAL* *PARALYZED*
HP: 9/35
MP: 1/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7 --- 10
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 10/17
MP: 13/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *IMMOBILIZED*
HP: 10/25
MP: 9/25
DD: 5/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE*
HP: 15/15
MP: 14/30
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Yalashi (Scholar)
HP: 19/30
MP: 15/75
DD: 7/10
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Katherine (Archive Guardian) *IMMOBILIZE* *BINDING THORNS [1]*
HP: 16/20
MP: 6/40
DD: --/--
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 6
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Cayden (Archive Guardian) *KO*

{b} - Point of Interest [Bookshelf]
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Pull Book - Pull out the book on the bookshelf. Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{b} - Bookshelf
[No Occupy]

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]


Aeria waits.

The blast of lightning that surged around Aeria caught her and ravaged her leaving her unable to move. Her eyes widened and froze as she found her nervous system suddenly not cooperating with her. She couldn't move any part of her body and gravity forced her helplessly to the ground. She tried to get up but no matter how much effort, the crackling lightning dancing across her skin reminded her that she was hopelessly paralyzed. She couldn't even turn her head to see her attacker making his way away from her but oh how the rage boiled within her. It was now that if she were able to act, she would unleash the utmost manifestation of malice upon him, but for now she could do nothing.


Elisia casts Photon on Katherine! 10 Light Dmg! (INT)

MP: 1/39

Elisia watched in disdain as her healing efforts were tragically undone by Yalashi's powerful magic. Aeria had been disabled beyond belief and there was no spell in her repertoire that could free the powerful fighter from the grasp of that lightning. In the end she was the helpless princess who could do nothing. Was she truly good for nothing more than to be a mere figurehead? And not even that! An expandable puppet... The light around her that she was channeling for healing suddenly vanished and more particles of light converged around the remaining lackey of Yalashi's. "Gathering of light particles, shine! Photon!" she chanted angrily, watching in distress as the sphere grew larger and larger and more condensed with light until it exploded violently, greatly damaging her rather susceptible target. Still, it wasn't enough. Her mana reserves were depleted and their main source of damage had succumbed to a terrible strain. Her eyes darted nearby to where the young girl from the cell traipsed a bit farther down the hall. Was she heading towards the action? "Little girl, do you think you can help her? I witnessed that power you held before down in the cells; can you do it again? Aeria needs your help!" Elisia pleaded, unsure of the girl's demeanor. She had proven to be rather shy and timid so far, and scared of what was going on. Elisia thought back and tried to think of her name but she thought the girl hadn't mentioned her name yet. How would she react? Would she unleash the power of fire upon the foes? Elisia prayed that she would.

Elisia waits.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:07 pm

They were hurting them. The mean people were hurting the nice people. It wasn't supposed to be that way. The mean people aren't allowed to hurt nice people, that was against the rules. Natsumi knew that to be true, and she wouldn't stand for it. She couldn't stand at all, not by herself anyway, the wheels were the only thing keeping her upright now. Natsumi wheeled herself a little closer, in the perfect range for her fire.

"You can't do that," Natsumi said out loud, pointing at the mean people who hurt the nice people. Natsumi knew that one of the nice people asked her to help, and help she would. "It's against the rules to hurt people who can't defend themselves. I think you two need a time out!" Natsumi tucked in her chest and took in a deep, solid breath. What came next, the two enemies in front of her could never expect.

Green fire, bright as the sun and hotter than summer shot out of Natsumi's mouth like a cone, engulfing both of the mean people in that terrible fire, much akin to that of a dragon's fire, only more tame and less volatile. In another second, Natsumi took a small flame into her hand and threw it at the one of the mean people, to put fire on the already festering burns.

Natsumi moves to F-7

Natsumi casts Dragonsbreath towards E-7! Engulfs Katherine and Yalashi! 13 Int Fire DMG! Chance of Burn!

Natsumi attacks Katherine! 10 Int DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm

Two words: "Fuckin' shit."

Silvertongue waits.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:25 am

Yalashi takes 6 Dmg!

HP: 13/30

Yalashi is Burned!

Katherine takes 21 Dmg!

Katherine KO!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Scholar

Location: Runescryum Archives - Foyer of Fiction

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Librarian - Collect all three tomes in the Foyer of Fiction!

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {A} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } {S} {w} { } { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } {Y} { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {E} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge has 1 turn left.

Natsumi's Haste has 2 turns left.

Silv is Immobilized for 2 more turns.

Aeria is Paralyzed for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

"Such power!  I will show you the true strength of fire, young girl!" Yalasahi growled as his eyes brightened and the pages of his tome began to glow a vibrant red.  With a wave of his hand, he sent his own jet of flames outwards towards her.

Yalashi casts Streaming Flames!  Hits Natsumi!  12 Fire Dmg! (INT)

MP: 5/75

Yalashi waits.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {A} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } {S} {w} { } { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } {Y} { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {E} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Yalashi is Burned for 3 turns.

Player Phase 7!

Aeria (Fighter) *HOT-BLOODED SURGE* *CRITICAL* *PARALYZED*
HP: 9/35
MP: 1/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7 --- 10
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 10/17
MP: 1/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *IMMOBILIZED*
HP: 10/25
MP: 9/25
DD: 5/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE*
HP: 8/15
MP: 2/30
DD: 7/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Yalashi (Scholar) *BURN [2]*
HP: 11/30
MP: 5/75
DD: 8/10
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Katherine (Archive Guardian) *KO*

Cayden (Archive Guardian) *KO*

{b} - Point of Interest [Bookshelf]
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Pull Book - Pull out the book on the bookshelf.  Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{b} - Bookshelf
[No Occupy]

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]


Aeria waits.

Elisia moves to G8.

So she had asked, so had she received.  The little girl wasn't about to have the archive guardians treat them like that.  Elisia's eyes reflected the brilliant green flame as it surged out of the girl's mouth.  It was almost astonishing the amount of magical power that dwelt within such a small form.  That she could even remotely control it as she was doing portrayed a prodigal talent in the craft.  Or was there something more behind this girl's flame?  Whatever it was, Elisia wasn't exactly in the position to be asking questions.  Yalashi countered with his own spell as she had surmised, but this was just about over.  Elisia strode forth to close the distance between her and the scholar, but she was sure he would be out of the running before she even had the pleasure of running her saber through his traitorous form.

"Thank you," she whispered to the little girl, completely relieved that she had decided to take action.  Without her, they would have surely been doomed.  She was like their ace in the hole at the moment.  How well would she fair against a Rune Knight, however, if they so had the immense misfortune to encounter one?

Elisia waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:55 am

Silvertongue felt his heart lurch forward in his chest as the geezer fired his own stream of flames at Natsumi. Struggling violently, the magical chains around him held taught and he glared at the corpse of the woman who had bound him. To think that he had promised the child he would not allow her to be hurt, and yet here she was protecting him and the others... The thief had to admit that the idea did not please him. "I'm sorry, darlin'," he whispered, "I didn' mean for ya ta 'ave to be dis strong..."

Silvertongue waits.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:30 pm

"Owwww." Natsumi cringed as the fire hit her. It was so strange to see her element do her harm. It was something that never happened before. But that's because it wasn't true fire. True fire would never harm Natsumi. Never. This fire that the mage used smelled of foul magic. There was nothing "fire" about this flame at all. The mean mage used mean magic fire, not the true fire that Natsumi held dominion over.

"That's not fire at all! That's just stupid magic!" Natsumi returned, pouting at the mean person. "Real fire doesn't smell bad! True fire burns." With that, Natsumi held in her hand true fire, and threw it at the mean person. She saw how the flame flickered and burned, illuminating the world with it's brilliant, orange glow. Natsumi could feel the heat from her fire, and she was certain that even this mean mage could tell the difference between his fire and her fire. Any real user of the element should. If he couldn't tell the difference, he was no user of fire at all.

Natsumi attacks Yalashi! 10 Int DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Yalashi takes 3 Dmg!

HP: 8/30

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Scholar

Location: Runescryum Archives - Foyer of Fiction

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Librarian - Collect all three tomes in the Foyer of Fiction!

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {A} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } {S} {w} { } { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } {Y} { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {E} {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge fades.

Natsumi's Haste has 1 turn left.

Silv is Immobilized for 1 more turn.

Aeria is Paralyzed for 1 more turn.

Enemy Phase.

Yalashi attacks Natsumi! 9 Dmg! (INT)

"You know naught of what you speak, foolish girl; fire is fire any way you put it, but enough of our flame battle. It is time to perish," he stated firmly, almost scolding his young opponent as he unleashed a sphere of neutral magical energy towards her.

Yalashi waits.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {A} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } {S} {w} { } { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } {Y} { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {E} {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Yalashi is Burned for 2 more turns.

Player Phase 8!

Aeria (Fighter) *CRITICAL* *PARALYZED*
HP: 9/35
MP: 1/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 7
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 10/17
MP: 1/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *IMMOBILIZED*
HP: 10/25
MP: 9/25
DD: 5/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE* *CRITICAL*
HP: 4/15
MP: 2/30
DD: 8/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Yalashi (Scholar) *BURN [2]*
HP: 6/30
MP: 5/75
DD: 9/10
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Katherine (Archive Guardian) *KO*

Cayden (Archive Guardian) *KO*

{b} - Point of Interest [Bookshelf]
[No Occupy]
[Trigger Command: Pull Book - Pull out the book on the bookshelf. Range: Adjacent.]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{b} - Bookshelf
[No Occupy]

{s} - Stairs
[No Occupy]

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:52 pm

This one wasn't a fire-user. He barely even flinched from the fire she threw at him. If that was the case, then she'd just have to keep throwing more and more fire at the mage until he finally understood that fire is not magic. True fire is the breath of life. The warmth that flows from fire is what allows life to flourish. Taking a candle into a cold and damp place will only make it flicker and weaken, or even go out. No life is found in the cold.

Natsumi held both of her hands up, two flames flickering above her palms. She brought them in front of her eyes and drew her breath from the fire. Her eyes shone gold in the bright light of the flame, her visage illuminated with what she held. "The breath of life can also take life away," Natsumi whispered, her voice barely passing the crack of the flames. With a steady breath, she blew the flame at the mage, illuminating him in that golden fire.

Natsumi attacks Yalashi! 10 Int DMG! 2 hits!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Yalashi takes 6 Dmg!

Yalashi PERFECT KILL!!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Scholar

Location: Runescryum Archives - Foyer of Fiction

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Librarian - Collect all three tomes in the Foyer of Fiction!

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {A} {w} B
{b} { } { } { } {S} {w} { } { } { } C
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} D
{b} { } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {s} E
{b} { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } { } F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {E} {w} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


All enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+12 - First Rank Archive Guardian and Master of Scrolls, Yalashi PERFECT KILL
+4 - Archive Guardian x2
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No Items used
+2 - Treasure obtained x2

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 26

Aeria: 0/24 --- 26/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 2/32
Current DD: 10/10

Elisia: 0/24 --- 26/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 2/32
Current DD: 8/10

Silv: 0/24 --- 26/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 2/32
Current DD: 5/10

Natsumi: 0/24 --- 26/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 2/32
Current DD: 10/10

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Aeria, Elisia, Silv, Natsumi

Achivement FAILED... [+0 AP]

The Party finds 40 Gold!

Items found:

---Torn Page x1
---Amber x1

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:19 pm

The lobby of the Runescryum Archives remained silent as would be expected of a late night.  The reception desk was dark and tidied up after being covered in books and paperwork all day.  The shelves lining the well-kept ivory-colored walls were dusted and their contents neatened to perfection.  All the trinkets and photographs upon them were in a similar pristine condition, while the portraits and plaques on the wall above the reception desk were aligned with sickening perfection--not a single one out of place.  The windows let in the pale moonlight from the clear sky outside, and this light illuminated two forms waiting in the center of the room.  One was a tall ginger woman with long gorgeous hair and emerald eyes, freckles dotting her face, mainly on her rounded cheeks.  She kept a tight grip on a golden bow, and her fierce eyes were sharpened, honed towards the entryway from the hall leading to the archives themselves.  A quiver made of hardened brown leather held her arrows, her free hand ready to grab one and lay down any foes who might travel through that entrance.

Standing next to her was a more relaxed, shorter woman with long curly black hair with violet highlights that gleamed as brightly as her violet eyes.  Her teeth had been filed to points and her pale visage portrayed a sinister smile.  She tapped a black metal crossbow against her thigh impatiently as if waiting for action, but action never came no matter how many minutes passed.  Who would be so foolish as to escape through the lobby of all places?!  The woman blinked and her eyes widened as a young man was suddenly standing before her, scanning his surroundings looking confused.  "Hey!  Who the hell are you?!" she shouted suddenly leaping back with her crossbow drawn and aimed at the man.

"Malice, what's--" the archer spoke in concern at her companion's outburst only to react similarly when she noticed the intruder now present with them.  "What magics does he possess?!  Teleportation?  A mage of space, mayhap?" she growled, readying her bow.  "Speak, mage!  Who are you and from where do you hail?  Answer quickly lest you be rendered into naught but a pincushion of arrows and magical bolts alike!" she commanded ferociously, not faltering for a second.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Ziolang on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:47 am

The chains rattled to the tempo of his thoughts. There was nothing to be done. Two large and very strong knights stood at either side for an escort as a smaller, yet seemingly stronger knight held the chain in front leading the way. Did the others make it out in time? Could it be that all is lost? Are there no heroes? Were they only the work... of fiction?

Nest LeKunai shook his head to try and clear the fog of pessimism, only to be awarded with a backhand from the knight to his left followed by a stern command to keep moving. Nest bit his tongue to keep from reacting to the pain and moved a bit faster, but he still couldn't keep his psych under control. Is this how I die? Will my story never be told? Be sung? Be known? Am I just another nobody to be lost in the cracks of history? He tried to reign in his fear by recounting. He had made inside easy enough; not a single guard. Meeting with Aeria and Caleb was certainly a surprise, but a welcome one at that. Yet the moment they met up was when the mission began to crumble. Suddenly there were guards everywhere they went. His mind began to explore the meaning with questions like "Were we let in?" "Was it all a trap?" or "How did they know?"

However, no matter how scrambled his mind became from the fear of what had been and what would be, one thought lingered over them all. What will happen to Aeria? It rotated in and out over and over. He may have only known her for a few hours, but there was something about her that imprinted the thought of her well-being into Nest's rattled mind. He began to slip into a kind of blank trance as he allowed Aeria to dominate his thoughts, following the guards mechanically now that his body was used to it. She's important somehow. She needs to be safe. Something needs to be done. Something can be done. His eyes began to blur as his entire being began to focus on the idea. Something will be done... something... must be done!

Nest LeKunai stopped abruptly, catching the lead knight off-guard and causing him to stagger a bit from the sudden resistance from the chain. The knights on either side immediately began to yell commands, but the scribe could not hear them. Aeria needs to be safe. The thought took absolute control and Nest began to act involuntarily. One of the knights drew his sword and went for a blunt-side swing to break Nest's leg to get him to cooperate. Nest's eyes sharpened as he turned on the knight. "This is not real." As he spoke, the words appeared before him in glowing runic text. As the sword came in for the blow, the words flashed and the blade disappeared as if it were never there. In fact, it wasn't. There was no blade. The knight looked at his empty hand confused. Shouldn't I be holding something right now...? He thought, opening and closing his fists. He and the other guards looked around trying to remember what they were tasked to do, completely oblivious to Nest, before shrugging and wandering off down the hall.

The text flashed again and the chains slipped into... chains? What an odd thing to think of, there are no chains here. Nest, entranced, bit into his wrist until blood began to poor. The pain seemed to mean nothing to him as he soaked his fingers in his own blood. He walked back down the hall he came from, writing upon the walls with his blood the words "This is not real" as he went. Aeria... He walked. He wrote. Aeria... The loss of blood was empowering the delirium.

Writing... walls... a girl... blood? Blood!

Nest snapped to himself and quickly checked for blood. Nothing. Strange, it felt like he was bleeding. Protect her. The thought seemed to come out of nowhere. "Protect who?" He asked himself. He scanned the room he was in... a very familiar room, when suddenly someone spoke. He only caught the tail end, a demand to answer a question.

Fumbling over his tongue from his own confusion and the sudden realization that a bow was trained on him. "Uh... sorry I don't... um." He calmed a bit and tried again. "I am Nest, a scribe. I'm here to protect someone I think, but I don't know who."

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:11 am

The archer lowered her bow in curiosity.  A mere scribe?  Sent to protect somebody?  Did the Head Coordinator send out the order for this?  Or perhaps one of the Rune Knights?  Was the jailbreak that major of an issue that they had to call upon someone from the outside.  Malice didn't share the same thoughts, however.  "You're full of shit, scribe!  It's about time to meet your end!" the ravenous woman hissed violently before releasing bolt after magical bolt towards him from her crossbow.  They soared through the air, their aim true.  He would be a pincushion...but something unexpected happened.  There was a load roar that seemed to be female in nature and something crashed down on the floor in front of him.  It was a female, it turned out, with long white hair held back with a headband.  She stood in front of him with a large wooden shield held out blocking the incoming bolts with ease.  She was heavily equipped, possessing both blade and rifle.  When Malice's assault was over, she stood and looked upon the scribe with her cocoa brown eyes and gave him a reassuring smile.

More footsteps came from behind the group and Elisia, Silv, and Natsumi arrived in the lobby to catch sight of the events unfolding.  The archer raised her bow once more.  "They have arrived as expected!  How foolish!" she shouted, readying herself for battle.

"Damn it!  Consider yourselves all executed because you will go no farther than this lobby tonight!!" Malice cackled, also preparing to launch some more attacks upon the group.

Aeria placed a gentle hand on the scribe's shoulder.  "Flee to safety if you must; I can cover you."  She let go and turned to face her and her allies' last obstacle in the way of freedom, sword and shield at the ready with a smirk plastered upon her visage.  

"I will be your shield."

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Trap

Location: Runescryum Archives - Lobby

Objective: Protect the Scribe and defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Your Own Medicine - Inflict a negative status on the Saboteur to let her know how it feels. [1 AP]

{w} {w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} A
{c} { } {c} { } {M} { } {C} { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } {e} {w} D
{ } {t} { } { } {A} { } { } {e} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } {N} { } { } { } {w} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{ } {d} {d} {d} {d} {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } {E} {w} I
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 40/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 22/22
MP: 39/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Nest (Soul Scribe) *LEKUNAI UNBOUND [1]*
HP: 20/20
MP: 35/35
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Carrowyn (Archer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 6
Evade: 10%
Move: 4 cells

Malice (Saboteur)
HP: 40/40
MP: 85/85
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

{X} - Main Entrance
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]

{c} - Chair
[No Occupy]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{e} - Display Case
[No Occupy]

Players may start in rows H-J, columns 7-8!


Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Silvertongue starts at H7!

Without the slightest bit of hesitation, Silvertongue dashed from the now burning library over to the small girl. Natsumi. He snatched her up into his arms, ignoring the flames and heat that has enveloped her––in a way he knew she would not let her fire hurt him. The girl, as he could tell, held immense power and a mastery that even the Rune Knights would not be able to match. Despite this fact, he still felt responsible for the battering of flames and magic she had received from the Master of Scrolls in their previous skirmish. He cursed himself mentally, but the only emotion that could be seen on his face was one of concern as he cradled the poor child in his arms.

"I'm so sorry, darlin'," he crooned as they took off on their escape. The thief mage slowed, however, trailing behind even Elisia as his green-blue eyes peered straight into Natsumi's golden ones. "I'm not doin' a good job keepin' mah promise," he whispered with a frown. "Are ya alright?" he asked as they started to come to a halt, ignoring the sounds of Aeria rushing into the lobby and the bolts colliding with her shield.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Natsumi starts at I-7.

Just as before, the nice man scooped little Natsumi up into his arms and whisked her away. She wasn't heavy at all, and she knew it, so this wasn't a problem. Plus, she kind of liked being carried around everywhere, it took a huge burden off her weak legs. Not to mention the man didn't seem to mind at all. It was only a winning situation for both of them.

But then time came again where she would have to be set down behind the physically stronger types. Natsumi did not much care for getting into another fight, but it seemed there was no end to these types. If anything, she should try to find some table to hide under. But, alas, the only table here was on the furthest end of the room, right past the two new people who looked and smelled mean.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:21 pm

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Trap

Location: Runescryum Archives - Lobby

Objective: Protect the Scribe and defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Your Own Medicine - Inflict a negative status on the Saboteur to let her know how it feels. [1 AP]

{w} {w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} A
{c} { } {c} { } {M} { } {C} { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } {e} {w} D
{ } {t} { } { } {A} { } { } {e} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } {w} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{ } {d} {d} {d} {d} {w} {S} { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {N} {E} {w} I
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 40/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 22/22
MP: 39/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage)
HP: 25/25
MP: 30/30
DD: 5/10
Atk: 1
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire)
HP: 20/20
MP: 35/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 11
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Nest (Soul Scribe) *LEKUNAI UNBOUND [1]*
HP: 20/20
MP: 35/35
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Carrowyn (Archer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 6
Evade: 10%
Move: 4 cells

Malice (Saboteur)
HP: 40/40
MP: 85/85
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

{X} - Main Entrance
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]

{c} - Chair
[No Occupy]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{e} - Display Case
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1!

Aeria moves to C5.

"Fortunately, this shield is not without its blade!" Aeria shouted and lunged forward suddenly.  There was only so much distance that Malice could put between her and Aeria.  Aeria was on her in seconds, blade lashing through the air, aching to taste Malice's blood.  She brought her face close to the saboteur's.  "Your life is the only one ending here, do you understand?  Your archive guardians were no match for us, so what makes you think you and your compatriot will be any different?" the woman sneered, trying to get this unit's attention right off the bat to keep her from attacking the others.  Perhaps out of fear she would keep aggression on Aeria, and fear was a very valid feeling to possess at the moment.

Aeria attacks Malice!  8 Dmg! (ATK)


Elisia moves to G8.

Elisia waits.

Elisia analyzed their foes but she didn't recognize them.  They must not have been very high ranking guardians.  They actually didn't appear to be associated with the archive at all.  Who were they exactly?  There's something wrong here... Elisia thought to herself, instantly becoming distressed as she edged forward to try and get a better look at them.  They weren't wearing any emblem of the knights or kingdom.  Were they mercenaries?  Why would the knights have to hire people outside the military for defense, especially of the capital itself?  This encounter raised so many questions.  Perhaps an inquiry would be needed before her newfound allies roughed them up too much.


Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Silvertongue frowned. Natsumi didn't respond to him, and although he would have liked to further check in on the child, there wasn't the time. Turning his attention away from the small firestarter, he focused in on the girl with the crossbow. His frown escalated into a fierce grimace. He could see the magical aura radiating from her. After all the trouble the archive lackeys had given him, he had no desire to let her cast a single spell.

Silvertongue moves to E6!

Bursting forth with unparalleled speed, Silvertongue wrenched the first dagger on his belt from its sheathe. "Stop dat incessant cacklin'," he muttered, channeling his mana into the dagger before releasing it in the form of an arc of spiritual energy. The ethereal blade then flew at Malice, cutting right into her throat without making a scratch. True, it didn't do much damage, but hopefully she would be feeling the effects soon enough.

Silvertongue casts Silencer on Malice! 6 Int Damage! High Chance of Silence!
Remaining MP: 22/30

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:53 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum