Decaying World [Redux]

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Ziolang on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 pm

His body tensed as the impending razor tips of the bolts were released. His eyes closed, he knew he was a dead man... until he heard a shout and a thunk of something hitting wood. Nest opened his eyes to see a young woman with a shield before him, taking the shots. The girl spoke, which sent a painful needle-like feeling through the back of his mind that sharpened into sudden resolve. Protect her! His boy began to move before he could even process his own actions. There was something different about him, something strange. For the first time in his life, he truly felt courage; he felt... strong. With dextrous fingers her swirled his quill to form the runes as he moved in for the hit.

Nest moves to E5. Nest casts Ode to Samuel on Malice! 10 Int damage! 10 Int damage! Chance of Bleed! 27/35 MP remains.

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Natsumi casts Wind Fire Wheels! Grants Haste.

Fire appeared in the air and converged south, towards Natsumi's feet. Slowly the flame spun, creating wheels of fire that lifted the little girl effortlessly into the air. Immediately, Natsumi felt the relief flow through her already-tired legs. It was so nice not having to move. She just let the fire carry her where she wanted to go, where it wanted to go. Natsumi wheeled herself forward a little, stopping for a second to get a better look around.

Was there anything or anyone she could set fire to?

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 pm

Malice takes 13 Dmg!

HP: 27/40

Malice evades Silence!

Malice is Bleeding!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Trap

Location: Runescryum Archives - Lobby

Objective: Protect the Scribe and defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Your Own Medicine - Inflict a negative status on the Saboteur to let her know how it feels. [1 AP] {SUCCESS}

{w} {w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} A
{c} { } {c} { } {M} { } {C} { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } {e} {w} D
{ } {t} { } { } {T} {S} { } {e} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {E} {w} G
{ } {d} {d} {d} {d} {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } {w} I
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Natsumi's Haste has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Carrowyn attacks Silv!  2 hits!  8 Dmg!  6 Dmg! (ATK) [Silv is Petrified]

Carrowyn waits.

Malice moves to B4.

Malice attacks Aeria!  9 Dmg! (INT) [Aeria evades Misfortune][Aeria evades Doom]

Malice sidestepped away from the sword-bearing warrior and loosed a magical bolt tainted with evil towards her, but none of her hexes attached.  She had already sustained more damage than she desired to and was bleeding heavily due to the scribe's magic.  Where had he even come from?

{w} {w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} A
{c} { } {c} {M} { } { } {C} { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } {e} {w} D
{ } {t} { } { } {T} {S} { } {e} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {E} {w} G
{ } {d} {d} {d} {d} {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} {N} { } {w} I
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Malice is Bleeding for 3 turns.

Player Phase 2!

Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 36/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 22/22
MP: 39/39
DD: 8/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *PETRIFIED*
Spoiler:
HP: 21/25
MP: 30/30
DD: 6/10
Atk: 1
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE*
HP: 20/20
MP: 27/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 11
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Nest (Soul Scribe) *LEKUNAI UNBOUND [1]*
HP: 20/20
MP: 28/35
DD: 2/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Carrowyn (Archer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 6
Evade: 10%
Move: 4 cells

Malice (Saboteur) *BLEEDING [4]*
HP: 23/40
MP: 85/85
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

{X} - Main Entrance
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]

{c} - Chair
[No Occupy]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{e} - Display Case
[No Occupy]


Aeria uses Hot-Blooded Surge! [ATK +40%][Increases Malice caused by damage]

MP: 9/15

Aeria looked back in horror as she heard Elisia make a loud gasping noise.  There in the center of the room was a stone statue.  It was extremely detailed, something no normal artist could accomplish.  There was something odd about the statue.  Where had it come from?  Upon closer inspection, Aeria's eyes widened.  The statue was none other than her fellow escapee, Silv.  One arrow lodged in his form, and she imagined that some sort of spell upon it had caused him to become encased in stone.  Aeria was sent into a blind rage.  How was she supposed to rescue him?  SHE should have been the one to take the arrow.  She neglected the magicked bolt that hit her and focused her attention on the archer.  She had to go.  A blazing red aura of hatred emanated from her form and she readied her blade.

Aeria moves to C7.

The warrior lumbered over to her new target with a flame in her brown eyes.  "You'd best be ready to pay for your actions," she snarled menacingly, getting ready to put an end to this woman's miserable life.


Elisia moves to F7.

Elisia was one of the first to witness what happened.  The archer loosed an arrow right for Silv, and she wasn't worried about that much.  She could heal a superficial wound with ease, but she started to notice that the young man's skin was turning gray as if to stone.  Much to her dismay, her assumption proved correct.  The arrow was jinxed with petrify, the arrows turning their targets into statues.  Elisia was quick to move into action just like Aeria was.  If this woman was allowed to live, then they all would be turned into a motley group of figurines.  Saber in hand, Elisia slashed at the ground sending an azure blast of energy surging along the lobby floor.  It blasted through Aeria without harming her but exploded upon contact with the archer, an azure aura lingering over her form.  Elisia grinned.  That was all she needed to lay down some wicked hurt.

Elisia uses Azure Delight on Carrowyn!  5 Dmg! (ATK) [Carrowyn is marked]

MP: 29/39


Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Silvertongue cursed under his breath as the arrow pierced his thigh. He could feel the magic laced within the projectile spreading through his entire being---could feel his atoms slow transmute into stone. With the last few seconds he had to still move (although doing so proved nearly impossible), the thief of spells looked over to Natsumi with a forced grin. "Sorry, darlin'," he said, his voice full of an uncharacteristic heaviness. A single tear spilled over, cascading to the ground just as he turned completely to stone.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Ziolang on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:09 pm

The piercing headache that had appeared when his rescuer had first spoken seemed to be focusing him rather than distract. At the pulse of each jab of pain came an increased alertness about himself. He was calculating the field, discerning the status of the conflict. They had the advantage in position and numbe-

A whistle caught his attention just in time for him to see the arrow strike clean and true. In a moment, the man beside him was overcome with an encasing of stone, followed by the shield-bearing woman entering a fit of rage and rushing the archer. Well, so much for position advantage.

Nest moves to D5.

His hand was a flurry as he scrawled the runes. It was strange, but for a moment he felt as if he should be writing a different script... but what was that kind of thinking, he'd always used this technique. Until something rather abnormal happened. The runes began to glow a beautiful violet color as they held suspended before him, opposed to the usual black. He could feel a new power surge from those runes. What was happening? What was going on with him?

Nest casts Ode to Samuel on Malice! 10 Int damage! 10 Int damage! Bleed chance! Nest performs an Epic [-2 DD]! 10 Int damage! Poison chance! 20/35 MP.

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Natsumi stretched out her jaw and put a hand to her mouth to yawn. She was feeling tired all of a sudden. All this moving around and running and fighting was putting a huge burden onto her shoulders that she couldn't seem to get rid of. Even now, as they were fighting, she saw people getting hurt, mean and nice alike. She wheeled herself over to where the nice man was, and watched as his skin turned pale and stony. He wasn't moving.

Natsumi moves to E-7

Natsumi touched the stone, feeling how rough it felt against her skin, and her insides began to twist a little. She didn't know what had happened, but that archer had done something to him, and now he was cold. Too cold. She placed both of her hands on the stone and the fire followed. She could make the stone warm, but it would not return the man to his fleshy form.

The source of the dark magic was that arrow. She saw the archer shoot it at him. The fire that she was trying to use to cure the nice man flickered as some switch inside Natsumi was flipped on. Natsumi's red eyes turned gold as her burning gaze was set upon Carrowyn. From her mouth came not the voice of Natsumi, the little girl. Her voice had changed and become fire itself, her words burning the ears of whomever heard her voice.

"I will see you burn," the Fire spoke, and the fire converged. From within Carrowyn's own body, the flame rose, giving her no way to escape the wrath of Natsumi's fire. This fire was not magic. This fire was not wild. It was controlled. It was real. And it burned.

Natsumi casts Purification on Carrowyn twice! 13 Int Fire DMG! (x2) Chance of Burn!

MP: 6/30

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:12 am

Carrowyn dodges Purification (1)!

Carrowyn takes 8 Dmg!

HP: 22/30

Carrowyn evades Burn!

Malice takes 12 Dmg!

HP: 11/40

Malice is Poisoned!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Trap

Location: Runescryum Archives - Lobby

Objective: Protect the Scribe and defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Your Own Medicine - Inflict a negative status on the Saboteur to let her know how it feels. [1 AP] {SUCCESS}

{w} {w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} A
{c} { } {c} {M} { } { } {C} { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {A} { } {w} C
{ } {t} { } { } {T} { } { } {e} {w} D
{ } {t} { } { } { } {S} {N} {e} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {E} { } {w} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{ } {d} {d} {d} {d} {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} I
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Natsumi's Haste has 2 turns left.

Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge has 3 turns.

Silv's Petrify is indefinite.

Enemy Phase.

Carrowyn uses Drill Plow!  Hits Aeria, Natsumi, and Elisia!  10 Dmg! (ATK) [Aeria is Bleeding][Natsumi evades Bleeding][Elisia is Bleeding]

MP: 18/30

Carrowyn moves to B5.

"Seems as though your flames will have to burn hotter to get the best of the likes of me, little girl!" the archer shouted boldly after loosing her drilling arrow and sidestepping away from the menace that was sure to be the fighter.  Archers never did well in close combat.

Malice casts Accursed Rain on all enemies!  9 Dmg! (INT) [Aeria is Cursed][Elisia is Cursed][Natsumi is Cursed][Nest is Cursed]

MP: 73/85

Malice raised her crossbow and fired a bolt at the ceiling causing gray clouds to bubble forth into life within the building, and water drops did not descend from these clouds, but instead cursed bolts rained down upon the group.  "Writhe in pain, the agony you cause us will be paid back two-fold with this curse!"

Malice waits.

{w} {w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} A
{c} { } {c} {M} {C} { } { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {A} { } {w} C
{ } {t} { } { } {T} { } { } {e} {w} D
{ } {t} { } { } { } {S} {N} {e} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {E} { } {w} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{ } {d} {d} {d} {d} {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} I
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Malice is Bleeding for 2 more turns.

Malice is Poisoned for 3 turns.

Player Phase 3!

Aeria (Fighter) *HOT-BLOODED SURGE* *BLEEDING [4]* *CURSE*
HP: 26/40
MP: 9/15
DD: 10/10
Atk: 8 --- 11
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric) *BLEEDING [2]* *CURSE*
HP: 12/22
MP: 29/39
DD: 9/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage) *PETRIFIED*
Spoiler:
HP: 21/25
MP: 30/30
DD: 6/10
Atk: 1
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE* *CURSE*
HP: 8/20
MP: 6/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 11
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Nest (Soul Scribe) *LEKUNAI UNBOUND [1]* *CURSE*
HP: 16/20
MP: 20/35
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Carrowyn (Archer)
HP: 22/30
MP: 18/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 6
Evade: 10%
Move: 4 cells

Malice (Saboteur) *BLEEDING [4]* *POISON [3]* *CRITICAL*
HP: 4/40
MP: 73/85
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

{X} - Main Entrance
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{d} - Desk
[No Occupy]

{c} - Chair
[No Occupy]

{t} - Table
[No Occupy]

{e} - Display Case
[No Occupy]


Aeria moves to B6.

To think...that the Malice would grow so strongly within...

The blazing red aura that surrounded Aeria normally was surging into life, even brighter than before.  It lapped at the air around her and seemed to display a mind of its own.  Aeria growled ferociously before raising her sword and yelling loudly into the air which was not the brightest idea with the whole of the archives looking for her and her fellow escapees but she couldn't control it.  The energy was getting out of hand, and with her rage fueling her soul and stoking the inner flame, there was nothing that could be done.  Her blade surged with the same aura that surrounded her and grew larger, much larger than it had been previously.  The bright red shed an eery glow over the entirety of the dim lobby.  A sinister look plagued Aeria's visage before she raised the blade and swung it horizontally, cleaving the archer completely in half, her blood painting the floor as it sprayed out of her lower torso like a fountain.  Aeria grinned malevolently as the blood bathed over her and she relished in it, sticking her tongue out to feel the crimson warmth upon it.  The taste was metallic, not very pleasant but in her current state she didn't care.  All that mattered is that Silv's curse might now dissipate with the original caster killed.  That was all that mattered.  All that mattered...

The Malice hungers and desires to consume more and more, its vessel gaining the strength to feed it!  Aeria aims to sate the frenzied energy by unleashing Malice Cleaver!  22 Piercing Dmg!

DD: 0/10


Elisia casts Photon on Malice!  11 Light Dmg! (INT)

MP: 17/39

Elisia shrunk back a bit as Aeria completely lost it.  The amount of gore she witnessed in this single moment was more she had ever witnessed in her life, or at least what she could remember of it.  What had happened to the brave warrior?  Elisia shook her head; this conflict needed to be over.  She called forth the light to surround her, channeling it quickly and sending it over to the remaining enemy, Malice.  The light began to condense and form a concentrated sphere around the woman before exploding violently as it always did.  "That should do it," she whispered adamantly to herself, letting the light disperse instead of keeping it around.

Elisia waits.


* * *

Carrowyn takes 22 Dmg!

Carrowyn PERFECT KILL!!

Malice takes 5 Dmg!

Malice KO!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - The Trap

Location: Runescryum Archives - Lobby

Objective: Protect the Scribe and defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Sorrowful Disregard~

Achievement: Your Own Medicine - Inflict a negative status on the Saboteur to let her know how it feels. [1 AP] {SUCCESS}

{w} {w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} A
{c} { } {c} { } { } {A} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} { } { } {T} { } { } {e} {w} D
{ } {t} { } { } { } {S} {N} {e} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {E} { } {w} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} G
{ } {d} {d} {d} {d} {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} I
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


The Scribe has been protected and all enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+8 - Archer x1 PERFECT KILL
+4 - Saboteur x1
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No Items used

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 18

Aeria: 2/32 --- 20/32
Next Level: 20/32
Current DD: 0/10

Elisia: 2/32 --- 20/32
Next Level: 20/32
Current DD: 10/10

Silv: 2/32 --- 20/32
Next Level: 20/32
Current DD: 6/10

Natsumi: 2/32 --- 20/32
Next Level: 20/32
Current DD: 10/10

Nest: 0/32 --- 18/32
Next Level: 18/32
Current DD: 0/10

No Skill Points Awarded...

Achievement SUCCESS!! [+1 AP]

The Party finds 26 Gold!

---Golden Nugget x1

Edit your profiles, please~  Update will come shortly.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:53 pm

The dim light faded and the aura surrounding Aeria dissipated completely. The taste of blood quickly overwhelmed her senses and she spit it out, or at least whatever remained in her mouth, for the rest surely found itself in her stomach. She fell to her knees and thought she was going to be sick. The sight of the archer's intestines lying in the pool of blood around her severed form did nothing to aid her nausea. Her arm pressed against her stomach and she held her breath. She felt like she was going to hurl. She heard footsteps running towards her and the warm encompassing light that could only have come from one of the princess's spells. The nausea dissipated but she still didn't know how to feel about her actions.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Aeria said embarrassed as she managed to stand. She threw her eyes over to Silver only to see the man standing there not completely encased in stone. The stone had slipped off of his skin like liquid and puddled on the floor before evaporating in a gray mist. He was completely fine and Aeria smiled. Her gaze then fell on the mysterious man that was under attack by the two they had slain.

"You're welcome, Aeria. I-is everything all right?" Elisia questioned the brazen fighter who had just unleashed a power she had never before witnessed.

Aeria merely nodded and gave her a reassuring smile before treading over to the man. "Have we met before?" Aeria said, reaching out her hand for a shake with his. "You must have one of those familiar faces. I'm Aeria Gaines. What on earth did you do to wind up in a situation like that?" she launched her inquiry with such casualty. She felt so comfortable just talking to him for some reason.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Ziolang on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:46 pm

The woman's rage channeled into an immense power that overwhelmed one of the two foes. Blade flew and blood was spilled. Nest quickly averted his gaze as the gruesome scene intensified. His stomach caught in a knot as it tried to release its contents, but Nest caught a hold of himself. This is who I am to protect...? Keeping his gaze off the gore he watched Aeria, before she came and spoke to him; a little too casual for one splattered with blood.

"I do not believe we have met, but I also feel as though I have seen you before." He took the hand and shook it firmly. "I am Nest LeKunai, a humble scribe. As for what transpired before your arrival... I..." His face sharpened as he tried to recall. What did happen? "I entered this facility, but beyond there I seem to have forgotten. Last I recall I was standing here being questioned by those two."

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:14 pm

As the arrow lodged within his stone thigh dissipated into nothingness, Silvertongue slowly felt life return to him. His flesh started to return to him, starting with his eyes, which still watered until he realized the battle had ended. His gaze fell to Natsumi and the flames that burned about the lobby. Damn, he thought, smiling like a fool as the stone cracked and shattered, falling to the floor before liquifying and disappearing. Although he felt incredibly stiff, he forced himself to survey the others; they were okay. His eyes returned to Natsumi. "Today's just not mah day, eh darlin'?" he chuckled as lightheartedly as possible.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:42 pm

The fire did not spread like magic fire would. Magic fire did not burn like true fire did. Natsumi's fire was a fire that burned. It seared flesh and soul alike, and those foolish mages who believed that they held the power of fire were wrong. Natsumi knew they were wrong. Magic fire is weak fire. True fire burns.

Natsumi was still surrounded in her cloak of flames, gazing down at the body of the mean lady archer that had cursed the nice man. She had somehow missed a tick of fire on her body, but the first was still going strong, burning her to a black crisp of nothing. Natsumi kept watching until the body was consumed by the flames. After the body disappeared, the fire went away, as it should. True fire has a purpose. When that purpose is complete, it goes away.

Natsumi's eyes turned back to their normal red color as she noticed that the nice man's curse had been broken. She felt weak, but she smiled up at him regardless of how she felt. It was nice to see that the nice man was alive and well.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Silvertongue felt his heart flutter just a bit as the girl smiled up at him. He was glad she was not scarred after all of the fighting that had been going on. He was also very pleased that she seemed for the most part unharmed. Kneeling to her level, he shifted on his heels and offered his broad back for her, holding his arms in a position for her to climb up. "Hop up, darlin'," he offered amiably, "ya legs must be hurtin'."

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:31 pm

A man that remembered nothing but his name and profession?  And his fighting prowess perhaps?  This was a troubling tale but one she painstakingly hated to admit that there was no time for.  Regardless, he was a fugitive now.  He had inadvertently got caught up in the mess.  Seems like they were all thrown together but now was the time to stick together.  She didn't know why but she had a foreboding feeling about running out those doors to freedom.  She imagined freedom would not be so easy to obtain.  "We'll have to delve into your troubles when we're safe," Aeria responded as politely as she could while still sounding urgent.  "You're an enemy of the knights now and they will not stop until they have you and then there's no telling what they may do with you.  Execution I presume," she elaborated a bit more nonchalantly than she intended.  Shaking her head, she gestured for the door.  "It's safe to say you need to come with us.  Once we're all to safety, maybe we can work something out on getting your memories back?  We don't have time to dawdle here though.  Let's go."  With that she rushed out the door.

Elisia sighed and rushed after the foolhardy woman, taking a moment to slow and give Nest a sympathetic glance.  She was going to speed back up but she found herself stopping.  "There's a strange magic about you.  Were you aware?" the princess said softly, scrutinizing the scribe for a moment.  She appeared pretty disconcerted but she looked back at her allies.  "Come on guys!" she called to them knowing Silv was probably stiff beyond belief but he needed to keep moving.  They all did, and with that, she also proceeded to rush out the door with the others in tow.

The night air was cool and crisp with the black expanse of sky being cloudless such that all the speckled stars hovering in the cosmos shined as brightly as they could, the nearly full moon dousing all the buildings in the city of Areht in its ghostly light.  Elisia stepped outside and carefully descended the stone steps to reach the fenced-in dirt lot that composed the front of the archives.  She stopped short, seeing Aeria standing ahead of her.  The woman wasn't moving, and her shield and sword were at the ready.  She felt the breeze, but it wasn't the night's own breeze.  Her eyes widened when she realized that her worst fear had come to pass.  Just beyond Aeria standing in the middle of the dirt lot was a tall woman with her hand gripping a large mallet, the base of which rested on the ground.  Her skin was beautifully white and healthy-looking.  Her lithe, toned body was covered in a magnificent garment composed of ribbons of cloth light green in hue that danced in the breeze and only covered the most pivotal of her body parts, otherwise letting her skin drink in the night air as to allow for greater movement.  There was a dazzling smile on her face, and her hair was a darker green color, much darker than her garments.  Her hair went down to her shoulders, her bangs brushed to the side and held back by a golden circlet.  A golden chain rested around her neck with a beautiful emerald hanging from the center, encased in gold around the sides.  Dark blue eyes gazed upon the party with great interest.  The woman laughed.

"To think that the princess herself would think it so easy to escape the archives," the woman said, waving her free hand in the air as if she were telling a great joke.  "Did you really think the Rune Knights would not be involved, Your Majesty?"

Elisia's fists were clenched and her body was quivering.  She gazed fiercely at the Rune Knight standing before them.  "Mistral...one could hope, couldn't they?  Do you really intend to stop us?  You are the only obstacle.  You could stand aside and let us be.  Why must it come to violence?"

Mistral shook her head.  "I wish I could, Elisia.  I'm...not like the other Rune Knights but I made my pledge and I am bound by magic.  My hands are tied.  I'm sure you tried to get Yalashi and Lethis to subside; they are not bound as I am.  They are bound by words, and I am chained by so much more."  She gripped her mallet even more tightly and raised it up, letting it rest on her shoulder.  "Raise your saber and shield, Elisia.  If you have the strength to stop all that is going, then you'll be able to subdue me with ease.  Prove yourself, Your Majesty.  And your attendants as well."  A green aura blasted to life around her and the winds began to stir.

"PROVE YOURSELF TO ME!"

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Almost Free

Location: Runescryum Archives - Front Lot

Objective: Defeat Mistral, Rune Knight of the Howling Winds!

Achivement: Grounded - Bind Mistral to the ground by finishing her off with an attack of the earth element! [10 AP]

Background: ~Lady of the Vortex~

{f} {f} {f} { } { } { } {f} {f} {f} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } {E} { } { } { } I
{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 40/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 8
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 22/22
MP: 39/39
DD: 9/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Mistral (Rune Knight) *CHR +10%* *CHD +25%* *NSD -2*
HP: 150/150
MP: 115/115
DD: 0/10
Atk: 13
Def: 6
Int: 6
Spr: 11
Evade: 13%
Move: 6 cells

{X} - Archives Entrance
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{f} - Fence
[No Occupy]

{c} - Coach
[No Occupy]

Players may start in rows H-I!


Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Ziolang on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:14 pm

Nest nodded to Aeria in agreement. Now wasn't the time to find the answers he needed, but it was relieving to know that this young warrior would assist him in that effort. He pocketed his quill when the other woman spoke. A strange magic? Come to think about it, there was a difference to him that he couldn't quite place. There is no time, I need to move. With only a moments hesitation, he followed the group.

They didn't get far before the next interruption. Another woman seemingly bent on causing them harm. A dialogue between the new threat and the woman that had just spoken to Nest moments before indicated there would be no talking their way out of this one. With a sigh, Nest fetched his quill.

Nest starts in I4!

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:49 am

Silvertongue starts at H4!

Carrying Natsumi seemed to be the easier option, although the party did not make it very far before Silvertongue had to set the poor child down again. He grimaced as her malnourished body took her weight once more––the poor girl must have been exhausted and sick of all the up and down, but he could do nothing to change their situation. Once they had escaped, perhaps, but not now. Not while this woman stood before them.

The thief of spells looked upon her warily, quite well aware of who she was, but not quite so in tune with just what this fight would bring. Sure, he knew the Rune Knights were powerful, but he knew little else. This Mistral... was she perhaps one of the weaker members? Silvertongue shook his head. A foolish thought, but hopefully a miraculously true one. If she was more easily subdued then they had just that much more of a chance to escape with their lives. It wasn't much, but it's all he really had at this point. His eyes flitted to Natsumi for a moment.

Yes, that's all he could really hope for.

For her sake, anyway.


Last edited by Silver on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Natsumi starts in I-5

To where she was surrounded by other people Natsumi stood. She still wanted nothing to do with all of these fights, and if she could go away and hide somewhere, she would. But here, there would be no hiding except behind other bodies, and she didn't even want to do that. All today was was just fighting, running, and then more fighting. She was tired. Five years of being in a cell, sometimes by herself, other times with others. She saw people try to escape. They never did come back, maybe they did manage to escape.

But that couldn't be true.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Almost Free

Location: Runescryum Archives - Front Lot

Objective: Defeat Mistral, Rune Knight of the Howling Winds!

Achivement: Grounded - Bind Mistral to the ground by finishing her off with an attack of the earth element! [10 AP]

Background: ~Lady of the Vortex~

{f} {f} {f} { } { } { } {f} {f} {f} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } {S} {A} { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } {T} {N} {E} { } { } { } I
{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 40/40
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 8
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 22/22
MP: 39/39
DD: 9/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage)
HP: 25/25
MP: 30/30
DD: 6/10
Atk: 1
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire)
HP: 20/20
MP: 35/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 11
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Nest (Soul Scribe) *LEKUNAI UNBOUND [1]*
HP: 20/20
MP: 35/35
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Mistral (Rune Knight) *CHR +10%* *CHD +25%* *NSD -2*
HP: 150/150
MP: 115/115
DD: 0/10
Atk: 13
Def: 6
Int: 6
Spr: 11
Evade: 13%
Move: 6 cells

{X} - Archives Entrance
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{f} - Fence
[No Occupy]

{c} - Coach
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1!

Aeria moves to E5.

"Oh I'll prove something to you, all right," Aeria growled menacingly as she charged forth, her blazing red aura surging to life around her.  She came to a halt in front of the windy woman, the stirred gales tousling the warrior's long hair about.  The wind was so strong at some points that she actually had to squint, but she noticed that this Rune Knight was completely unaffected.  Such power of the elements...this was the power of a Rune Knight.  Powerful or not, however, she and the others had to escape.  It was either subdue this woman now or die trying.  She cringed at the thought of death but if the gods were to take her into their haven then she wanted to make sure she died a valiant death.  But the others...no, it wasn't their time.  If worse came to worse she would do whatever it took to make sure they were free.  Water formed in the eyes of the fighter and she gazed right into the Rune Knight's with no more fear.  "We have a world to save, so if you don't mind getting off your high horse for a moment lest you wish we knock you clean off!" Aeria shouted, brandishing her sword and shield.  There was no more time.  Even her muscles were beginning to feel the strain of fatigue.  This would have to be the last quarry...it had to be...

Aeria uses Hot-Blooded Surge! [ATK +40%][Increases Malice caused by damage]

MP: 9/15


Elisia moves to G6.

"I...I don't truly know what it means to be a Rune Knight, but if you are bound as you say then you leave us no choice!  I know the others wouldn't falter regardless, and we will face them in due time, so I guess this will be the first stepping stone on a long path laid out before us," Elisia spoke resolutely, closing her eyes and readying her weaponry.  She wouldn't be getting up close and personal, no not at all.  This fight would not be like the others where they could all brazenly go all out.  This was a fight that would require strategy.  Aeria's defenses were solid, and Elisia knew the proper spell to bolster them.  She began calling upon the light and a shining glyph appeared on the ground below her, luminous spirals dancing into the sky along with the particles shooting upwards from beneath her.  "O soldiers that traverse the paths of life in an attempt to perform your duties, you shall not pass!" she began chanting the incantation.  Aeria would need as much support as she could get because it appeared that she was going to through herself in harm's way once more.  She was going to be their shield, but even the strongest shield could break.

Elisia begins casting a spell! (1/2)


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Silvertongue casts Spirit Orb! No one is hit... Spirit Orb lands at D4!
Remaining MP: 24/30

Not daring to charge forth as Aeria had done, Silvertongue instead focused on his connection to the spiritual plane. He couldn't tap into it as he would have liked––to flood the physical realm with its very essence as the masters of the spirits would have done in such a dire circumstance––but he could do something. Melding the energies into a sphere, he casually tossed it forward, watching as it settled itself near the Rune Knight.

The strange orb pulsed with vibrant spiritual energies, but no attack sprung forth from its meager form. Another enemy might have been wary, but, from what he could tell, the woman looked indifferent to its appearance. That's good, Silvertongue thought, his face expressionless, I'm no cause for concern anyway.

His eyes flicked away from it and landed once more on Natsumi; she was a different story. The girl held immense power within her. She could possibly be the deciding factor in this battle because of that power. Despite this, he could not bear to see her caught in this same web. The girl didn't deserve this. Not at all. Turning his gaze away once more, he hoped with all of his might she would not succumb to any pain in this fight. He had already failed her––broken that promise too many times––and did not wish to do so again.

She, of all people, deserved peace.

If he had any say, she would get it.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:04 am

Natsumi scratched behind her ears, feeling an uncomfortable itch pop. She didn't like it. Much like she hated how people kept getting in their way. She lifted herself up into the air, fire beginning to form beneath her as she took her place upon her flaming wheels. They would let her move around without straining her already-weak legs that only got weaker as time passed. Natsumi rolled herself around one of the others and got into a safer position. At least she thought it would be a safer position.

Natsumi casts Wind Fire Wheels! Grants Haste!

MP: 27/35

Natsumi moves to I-7

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Ziolang on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Calm. Calm is the power that fuels true combat. If one is to survive, one must remain... calm.

Nest breathed out a heavy sigh and with it went any traces of his fear. Whatever happened during the brief blackout of his memory must of been life-altering. He'd never been able to handle his emotions in a battle quite like this before. Strong. Powerful. Something powerful resonated inside. But what? Nothing came to mind but the drive to protect this Aeria, but why?

Nest's hand was moving before he realized it. Runes flickered their familiar glow as the spell completed.

Nest moves the G4. Nest casts Caleb Swordwise on Aeria! +20% Atk! Health Regeneration bestowed! 29/35 MP.

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Almost Free

Location: Runescryum Archives - Front Lot

Objective: Defeat Mistral, Rune Knight of the Howling Winds!

Achivement: Grounded - Bind Mistral to the ground by finishing her off with an attack of the earth element! [10 AP]

Background: ~Lady of the Vortex~

{f} {f} {f} { } { } { } {f} {f} {f} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{c} {c} { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } E
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{c} {c} { } {T} { } {E} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } {S} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {N} { } { } I
{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge has 3 turns.

Aeria's ATK Boost has 3 turns.

Aeria's Regen has 5 turns.

Natsumi's Haste has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Mistral casts Familiar Gale! [Bestows Haste]

MP: 103/115

"That's the way, Princess!  I will only be the first!  Now come!  The winds beckon!" Mistral shouted over the winds that had only ceased to pick up in pace.  Many streamed around her form suddenly and her body shifted out of focus every once in a while.  She grinned from behind her windy veil and readied her hammer.  It was time to get crushing.

Mistral waits.

{f} {f} {f} { } { } { } {f} {f} {f} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{c} {c} { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } E
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{c} {c} { } {T} { } {E} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } {S} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {N} { } { } I
{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Mistral's Haste has 3 turns.

Player Phase 2!

Aeria (Fighter) *HOT-BLOODED SURGE* *REGEN [2]*
HP: 40/40
MP: 9/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 8 --- 11 --- 13
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 22/22
MP: 39/39
DD: 9/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage)
HP: 25/25
MP: 24/30
DD: 6/10
Atk: 1
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE*
HP: 20/20
MP: 27/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 11
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Nest (Soul Scribe) *LEKUNAI UNBOUND [1]*
HP: 20/20
MP: 29/35
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Mistral (Rune Knight) *CHR +10%* *CHD +25%* *NSD -2* *HASTE*
HP: 150/150
MP: 103/115
DD: 0/10
Atk: 13
Def: 6
Int: 6
Spr: 11
Evade: 13%
Move: 6 cells

{X} - Archives Entrance
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{f} - Fence
[No Occupy]

{c} - Coach
[No Occupy]


Aeria moves to D5.

The wind didn't intimidate Aeria in the least bit.  She grit her teeth and rushed the hammer-wielding woman with her newfound strength, brought on by her own anger and the magic of their newest ally.  Raising her blade, she found satisfaction in watching it come down, hopefully leaving a painful gash in their enemy's form.  If only this woman knew what was truly at stake.  How could the knights forget that they themselves could not exist without a world to live on?  It was utmost foolishness and if they could not see their folly, it was up to Aeria and anyone who would assist her to make them see it.

Aeria attacks Mistral!  13 Dmg! (ATK)


Elisia casts Barrier on Aeria! [Bestows Protect][Bestows Shell]

MP: 31/39

"No sword or spell can shatter our defenses!  Barrier!" Elisia finished her incantation, allowing the light to fly forth unrestrained any longer towards Aeria where it began weaving together like a basket forming a translucent shell around the woman.  It was a barrier, one that would withstand the ferocity of Mistral's attacks with any luck.  It was a spell designed to never falter regardless of the damage, but she knew the strength of a Rune Knight was particularly immense, especially for one as powerful as Mistral.  She felt sweat form on her brow despite the night air being rather refreshing.  Was that her knees shaking?  She felt unstable.  She was definitely afraid, and the courageous Mistral taking all of them on just made it worse.  Elisia was almost jealous that Mistral had such confidence that she would take them all on despite being outnumbered.  It was like each of them amounted to just one of her.  She possessed the power of more than just one person.  And she could feel in her heart that they were about to witness it firsthand.

Elisia waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Silver on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:25 am

Silvertongue moves to D4!

As he watched Aeria slice into the blurring image of the Rune Knight, Silvertongue felt a relief wash over him. The malice would do its work and, for now at least, they would all be safe. Well, as safe as they could be given the circumstances. He still did not like the idea of getting any closer to the hammer-wielding zephyrphile but it seemed he would have no choice. A solid start would be fruitless if they did not work to maintain their position!

Taking this moment to slide over toward the opposition, the thief of spells hesitated for a moment before reaching into a pocket on his side. He pulled out the tome he had used in earlier battles. He flipped the pages to the only recorded spell.

"Nature thirsts for revenge against the wicked, ensnaring her offender in the tightest embrace; may blood sate her hunger! Binding Thorns!" he chanted, thrusting his hand in Mistral's direction. The thorns he conjured failed to latch onto her frame as chains would but they managed to sink into her––or so it seemed––body like a million tiny daggers.

Silvertongue casts Binding Thorns on Mistral! Immobilizes the target! Target takes 3% Max HP Damage per turn for Three Turns!
Remaining MP: 19/30

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Ziolang on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Time seemed to move slower. Focus and concentration fueled Nest's new-found strength as his quill flourished through the air with expertise. Fleeting memories of a swordsman, a squire, flowed through the mind like water. The incredible bravery displayed surged into a magical form, bearing down into the foe. "... Samuel..."

Nest moves to E4. Nest casts Ode to Samuel on Mistral! 10 Int damage! 10 Int damage! Chance of Bleeding! 21/35 MP.

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Natsumi moves to E-7.

Now that she could roam about freely, Natsumi rolled forward on her wheels and stopped just a short distance from the woman that was blocking the way. Natsumi could probably just slide right past her and escape, but the child could not let the others fight the woman alone. Even so, she did not want to fight. That was the last thing she wanted, memories of how badly she got hurt earlier still fresh in her mind. She took a deep breath...

And blew forth a massive cone of green fire at the woman. The dragon fire was an ancient kind of fire, and it was one of the few sources of true fire. Mages tried many times to replicate it, but none could create a fire so hot, so strong. A fire that burned, rather than magic fire that only sometimes left burns. True fire always left a mark.

Natsumi cast Dragonsbreath towards Mistral! 14 Int Fire DMG! Chance of Burn!

MP: 15/30


Natsumi took another breath, and out came the same green flames as before, burning everything in their path as she blew this true fire at the woman. After this, Natsumi would not be able to cast another spell. She knew this, but she did not care. Her power was a true fire that burned, she would never lose it. Everywhere Natsumi went, the fire would follow.

Natsumi casts Dragonsbreath towards Mistral! 14 Int Fire DMG! Chance of Burn!

MP: 3/30

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Masquerade on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Mistral dodges Ode to Samuel [1]!

Mistral takes 15 Dmg!

HP: 135/150

Mistral is afflicted with Binding Thorns!

Mistral evades Immobilize!

Mistral is Severely Burned!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Almost Free

Location: Runescryum Archives - Front Lot

Objective: Defeat Mistral, Rune Knight of the Howling Winds!

Achivement: Grounded - Bind Mistral to the ground by finishing her off with an attack of the earth element! [10 AP]

Background: ~Lady of the Vortex~

{f} {f} {f} { } { } { } {f} {f} {f} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } {S} {A} { } { } { } { } D
{c} {c} { } {T} { } { } {N} { } { } E
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{c} {c} { } { } { } {E} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria's Hot-Blooded Surge has 2 turns left.

Aeria's ATK Boost has 2 turns left.

Aeria's Regen has 4 turns left.

Natsumi's Haste has 2 turns left.

Aeria's Protect has 3 turns.

Aeria's Shell has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Mistral withstood the barrage of attacks with relevant ease, her eyes instantly shifting to the little girl who was spewing fire everywhere.  Her flames didn't burn nearly as hot as the Rune flames that Duncan used.  She would come to understand that the Rune was not something to be messed with.  Mistral's eyes glowed a bright green and the wind that suffused the area picked up in speed blinding and deafening everyone for but a moment before it dissipated, or at least decreased in speed and presence to what it had been originally.  When it cleared, the flame that littered the ground was nowhere to be seen except the spot where the little girl stood, for it refused to be put out.

Mistral uses Trigger Command: The Reckoning Beckons! [Most Fire/Burning cells cleared]

Mistral attacks Aeria!  2 hits!  13 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

With the fire at ease for a moment, and her amulet working to cleanse her of her burns, Mistral turned her attention on the woman who was tossing around Malice energy.  "If you're so hungry for attention, warrior, then my attention you'll receive!"  Her hammer crashed down on Aeria but was blocked by a barrier.  A second horizontal swing hit the barrier as well but the force was so strong that it shook Aeria who was safely within.  The damage would be done regardless; the barrier could only do so much.

Mistral waits.

{f} {f} {f} { } { } { } {f} {f} {f} A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } {S} {A} { } { } { } { } D
{c} {c} { } {T} { } { } {N} { } { } E
{c} {c} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{c} {c} { } { } { } {E} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Mistral is afflicted with Binding Thorns for 3 turns.

Mistral is Severely Burned for 1 turn.

Player Phase 3!

Aeria (Fighter) *HOT-BLOODED SURGE* *REGEN [2]* *PROTECT* *SHELL*
HP: 38/40
MP: 9/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 8 --- 11 --- 13
Def: 8
Int: 1
Spr: 5
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Elisia (Cleric)
HP: 22/22
MP: 31/39
DD: 9/10
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Silv (Thief Mage)
HP: 25/25
MP: 19/30
DD: 6/10
Atk: 1
Def: 5
Int: 8
Spr: 5
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Natsumi (Herald of Fire) *HASTE*
HP: 20/20
MP: 3/35
DD: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 11
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Nest (Soul Scribe) *LEKUNAI UNBOUND [1]*
HP: 20/20
MP: 21/35
DD: 2/10
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 10
Spr: 5
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Mistral (Rune Knight) *CHR +10%* *CHD +25%* *NSD -2* *HASTE* *SEVERE BURN [24]* *BINDING THORNS [5]*
HP: 106/150
MP: 103/115
DD: 0/10
Atk: 13
Def: 6
Int: 6
Spr: 11
Evade: 13%
Move: 6 cells

{X} - Archives Entrance
[No Occupy]

{w} - Wall
[No Occupy]

{f} - Fence
[No Occupy]

{c} - Coach
[No Occupy]


Aeria attacks Mistral!  13 Dmg! (ATK)

"I'll take all the attention you're willing to give to me," Aeria smirked in delight, flinching at the incoming mallet, but when the mallet did not collide with her form, she became a lot more confident.  Whatever Elisia had done had worked wonders; her support spells were incredible, even if she had to channel them in order to cast them.  It didn't matter.  Nest's spell strengthened her and helped her recover from the pain that managed to get through the barrier.  She was in tip-top shape and ready to keep fighting for quite a while.  She countered Mistral with a brutal slash of her own, steadily continuing to whittle the woman down.

Aeria waits.


Elisia waits.

As strongly as she wished to dive into the fray, expending mana to help get Mistral's stamina down, there was nothing she could do but save it for the moment.  She didn't feel safe casting her offensive spells because when Aeria would need her most, she wouldn't have enough mana to save her, and that was what mattered.  She knew she wouldn't last as long as Aeria would being under Mistral's horrid attacks, so if Aeria fell, chances were the rest of them would quickly follow suit.  To that end, Elisia decided to bide her time, waiting for her next chance to aid Aeria and the rest of her current allies to the best of her ability.


Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World [Redux]

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:41 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum