Adventures of Naletia: Thieves and Beggars

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Thieves and Beggars

Post by Masquerade on Sun May 03, 2015 2:46 pm

The kiss made Era's face turn a shade of red that was becoming all too familiar now with these recent turn of events in his life. Shaking off the embarrassment, he listened to Anna's very valid point and let her lead him along. It was obvious that she was so happy and it made Era's heart soar. He would have to be more careful with any plans he came up with. Whether the enemy could be used as a tool or not, the enemy was still an enemy. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, but when we have killed our shared enemy, what then do we become? It could go either way, he thought pensively as Anna hopped along. He was keeping up quite well, probably because they were going at a leisurely pace. It was quite lovely. She was lovely, the way she walked...and the smile upon her face. He wanted her to keep that smile. He wanted her to smile forever.

The duo managed to reach the headquarters after a bit, and it seemed like Caroline and Jens had been waiting all this time. Caroline read Anna like a book. The mission was indeed off, much to her relief. Jens on the other hand seemed disheartened, but not all was lost. "Not so fast there, sir," Era was quick to interject. "We still have information to go on. Will we get a clear shot to Veronica? No, we're going to have to go slow as we make our way there, and definitely go prepared for anything." He gazed Jens in the eye resolutely. "There's an easy way to do things, and then there's the right way. This way might be a bit more challenging but hey, we're up for a challenge right? Nobody said it would be easy."

*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Sun May 03, 2015 4:47 pm

"Era's right, we can still chase after Veronica without Renate," Anna confirmed with a nod of her head.

"Either way, I think that's been enough excitement for one night," Caroline replied, brushing some of her short hair away from her face. She glanced at Emm, then to the window. It was completely dark out, the stars were already shining brightly in the night sky. This would make the second night for Era, and already so much has happened. Would normality ever return to them? Caroline wondered at that. It would be a shame for all this adventure to one day go away, but once it was over, maybe she wouldn't think it so bad. "I think we'll all feel better after resting up." Caroline said.

~Day End~

Results:

Fisherman's Aid Quest....COMPLETED!
+News of the guild's perseverance to complete the request despite what happened will make merchants a little friendlier. Caroline will be able to purchase goods for a discounted price, reducing the amount of gold spent on fresh food.
+"Go Fishing" Repeatable quest now available. Grab a little gold for doing fishing work or keep the fish you catch to bolster Food Supplies.
+5 Influence gained!
+1 Food Supplies

Caroline's E.M.M.S. Entry:

Day One with Era on board the guild. A lot of things happened today. Didn't really expect so much to come out of a simple fishing trip, but I'm kind of glad we were doing something that was so easy to be interrupted. Imagine if we were doing the wolf quest when the soldiers showed up? Still, I supposed I should have foreseen this outcome. Fortunately, I was able to pull some ears and get the truth out, but that could have easily ended up with Era being tortured, or worse.

Era met Renate too. The girl who almost killed me. I'm not sure why she didn't finish me off when she so easily could have. I was alone and wounded. If she hadn't paused to taunt me, I wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to shoot her in the back. She got thrown in jail that day, and when Era met her, according to him she was obsessed with getting revenge on Veronica. I wouldn't blame her, but I should have known better than to ignore Anna's words. Renate would have turned on us as soon as the job was done, maybe even sooner than that.

Tomorrow, we will be leaving the city in secret while Renate's execution is carried out. We might be out for the whole day, possibly more than that, so our absence will be noted. We have to come back with something in our hands to avoid having Era thrown in prison again, since he's on probation now. I've already prepared some packs for all of us to carry. Plenty of water, some dried foods, and some flint and steel, in case we need a fire.

We won't know what to expect, but I suppose that's what the adventure is all about. I only wish that it isn't too dangerous, I'd hate to see anyone get hurt.

-Caroline Maier.

~Day Two Begins~

Caroline was already in the kitchen before anyone woke up, double checking the gear and toasting some bread and some of the fish they caught the other day in a cast iron pan. It was odd having fish for breakfast, but they needed to have as much energy today as they could get. Which meant meat. The only meat they had was fish. So toasted fish sandwiches for breakfast, why not? She didn't mind the taste at all, and hoped Era wouldn't mind it either. They were likely to be having fish more often than not now.

"Emm, any new messages for us?" Caroline called over to the machine. It made a few noises while booting up, but declined in her answer. Nothing new today, which was good. Caroline didn't want to make more people frustrated with them than those that already were. Caroline popped some of the fish in her mouth. She still needed to work on cooking with fish, she wasn't quite used to it yet.

The other three weren't up yet, which was a little strange. Anna was a heavy sleeper, true, but Jens was usually up before Caroline, starting up the coffee machine. Carol had to do that today too, in order to get her small cup. Maybe Jens was awake, but still down below looking through his collection of tonics and poultices. Those were certain to come in handy.

~Party Overview~

Explanation of the Party Overview:
-This is the screen you will see during times before a story quest and directly after returning from a story quest. Many of the characters Era associates with will have something to say to him after the completion of a Story Quest and some might have something to say to Era before the quest starts, both of which will be indicated by a (?) next to their name. These times are opportunities for Era to gain Approval ratings for these characters or made awkward, sexual advances. A (!) is an indicator that interacting with this character will initiate the Story Quest. Be careful, ignoring a character too many times will drop their Approval rating of you!

Anna - Asleep (Disturb at your own risk)
Current Status: Happily sleeping

Caroline - Kitchen (Cooking) (!) - Main Story Quest Start
Current Status: Tired, but ready to go.

Jens - (In Room) (?)
Current Status: Awake, but otherwise unknown.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Sun May 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Era's watch beeped. He had almost forgot it had an alarm attached. He already had one in the room that was provided for him. It was a necessity for punctuality. He figured no used bedroom in this place lacked one. How else were people supposed to wake up when they so pleased? Stretching under the covers, Era pulled them back and turned off the alarm, rubbing his eyes sleepily. He walked across the room in his pajamas, stumbling down the hall towards where he knew the actual bathing room was to be, but wound up passing by the door to...Jens's room. It sounded like the man was awake, but what would he be up to? Usually he was with Caroline in the kitchen, at least from what he came to understand. Taking a breath, he knocked on the door and awaited an answer. He hoped that the man wasn't too upset with him over what happened yesterday.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Sun May 03, 2015 8:03 pm

After knocking, Era could hear some shuffling from within Jens' room. The metal door screeched suddenly as the vault opened up to reveal the young man within. His hair was completely disheveled from the night and he had a little bit of a shadow forming under his eyes, but he otherwise appeared to be alert and awake. He gave Era an odd look, then shrugged and waved him inside. Jens stepped back into his room and allowed Era entry.

The first thing to notice about Jens' living space was how tidy it was. Jens was generally well-dressed and groomed whenever he was in public, but he didn't seem to mind showing someone his bedhead hair and unshaven face. His bedding was clean and fitted properly, he must have done that the moment he woke up. On a small desk on the other side of the room were a pile of papers with complex writings and diagrams, some of which depicted various types of plants. Alchemy papers, it looked like. There were a few vials and jars stashed on a shelf above the desk, and he had several candles on that shelf to provide some form of light to his work.

"Herbs, roots, and other various plants are useful in alchemy," Jens explained, "I enjoy many hobbies other than engineering, as you can see." He didn't seem to be in a bad mood. He actually appeared quite chipper despite his current appearance. "I have a few remedies packed for our use on the road, but not as much as I'd like. Caroline already gathered food supplies for us last night before she went to sleep."

Jens glanced at Era for a moment, as if considering something. Finally, he turned his whole body towards him and inclined his head a little. "I understand you and I haven't had a moment to talk alone, as you and Caroline and Anna have done. But I wanted to take this chance to tell you that, regardless of my personal feelings about the Renate situation, I respect your decision. It would not do to let a murderer, and worst of all a berserker, into our midst. But I was thinking forward, to getting rid of an even bigger threat - Veronica. Which is more important, releasing a killer into the world, or taking out a key member of a threat we still know next to nothing about, other than that they are hostile to Northerners?

"That's all. I only wanted to give you my thoughts on the situation. I hate Renate as much as Anna does, but I will not be blinded by it."
Jens inclined his head again. That appeared to be all he wanted to tell Era.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Sun May 10, 2015 4:17 pm

No words were spoken immediately. Era observed with an eyebrow raised as Jens merely moved aside as if allowing Era into the room, so Era decided to accept the invitation and he stepped inside, albeit cautiously. He did not know what to expect. What he saw was a very well-organized room, every detail surely arranged to perfection according to Jens. Jens himself wasn't all together just yet this early in the morning, but his room was certainly in good shape. Era's room stayed like that too, but he hardly had any belongings so it was very easy. On the other side of the room, Era caught sight of Jens's desk--it had quite a few interesting things upon it like papers with foreign diagrams and formulas. There was no doubt that was where Jens did his alchemy work. As expected, it turned out Jens had packed a few things for the trip, and Caroline had long since procured food the previous night. It was like her to be completely on top of things, at least from what Era gathered from her thus far.

"Listen, Jens, I completely understand your thoughts. They were my original thoughts as well, but when Caroline and Anna showed such adamance, Anna in particular, it got me thinking--thinking about how unfair it would be to them whether they were blinded or not. It's just become their reality--this monster that almost killed Caroline. True be it that all four of us could probably handle her in the instance of a betrayal but how much stress and turmoil would it cost? Probably about the same stress and turmoil we'll be facing trying to make it to the place where Veronica is now, but with the plus side of Caroline and Anna feeling safe." Era remembered how foolhardy he was about his plan before. Renate and her thirst for revenge...would be stamped out tomorrow. She would aid them in the capture of Veronica, but not in the way she thought she would. She would be their distraction so they could leave the city undetected. That was a more fitting use for the likes of her. "We still got this, Jens. We'll pull through it together. We'll just have to show Veronica how much of a threat we are. We already beat her once; she just narrowly escaped. I say we don't give her the chance next time, right?"

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Sun May 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Jens Slightly Approves

Jens smiled a little bit at Era's words. Who was this person, who could be so confident while knowing next to nothing about the enemy? Jens found himself curious now. His smile got a little bigger and he began rubbing his chin while keeping his eyes on Era. He would have to pay closer attention to Era now. What sort of man was this that could change his stance on something so quickly once the truth of the situation came out? Surely this Era was not human, humans were vile and corrupt creatures, only the highly intelligent or privilaged could become true gentlemen. What sort was Era? Privileged? Or intelligent?

"I am glad one of us is so confident." Jens said, taking his eyes off of Era and grabbing the golden gun hanging on a small shelf above his desk. He slipped the weapon into his coat pocket, which was hanging from a coat rack. He didn't want to end up forgetting the weapon, then he'd really be useless. "I have a few things to do still," Jens told Era, turning back to his diagrams and fingering the papers, as if looking for something. "If you see Caroline, ask her to leave out some coffee for me. Excuse me."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Sun May 10, 2015 6:45 pm

Seeing Jens smile made Era grin in return. Jens had a great smile. Things felt less tense. Era had known that Jens would have gone with the Renate plan easily, but it was good to know that he was on board for this challenge. The man appreciated Era's confidence, and to be honest, Era had no room for doubt in this. Never once did he stop and overthink. He would not do that for it would only cause him to falter. And it seemed as though his confidence was inspiring. He felt so much better. Talking to Jens was the right thing to do. It seemed like he had some other things to attend to so Era saw himself out after confirming that he would relay the message to Caroline who would likely be the next person he encountered seeing as how Anna would probably be in her comatose sleep still.

Leaving Jens to his work, Era proceeded to the kitchen where he sure enough found Caroline toiling over some preparations in regards to food. She looked a bit weary, but it would take more than a little tiredness to get her down. Era could feel it. "Good morning, Caroline," Era greeted with a warm smile. "Jens wishes for you to leave out some coffee for him. I promised I'd pass it along. He has a few more things to attend to apparently. How are you holding up?"

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Tue May 12, 2015 4:05 pm

Caroline was taking a drink from her tiny tin mug just as Era was coming up. She saw him out of the corner of her eye and turned towards her frying pan. She had just finished cooking up another bit of fish and toast, so she slapped them together and slid the toasted sandwich onto the island counter top behind her for Era. "Good morning Era," Caroline replied with a kind smile. "I always leave enough for a cup in case Jens wants one, though he ought to hurry if he doesn't want it to get cold.

"I'm a little tired, actually," Caroline admitted. She fingered the corner of the mug in her hands and glanced at Era from behind it. He looked a little messy, but otherwise ready to go. A little mess was fine, Caroline didn't mind it. She bit her lower lip for a second, then said, "I've packed as much as I can. Supplies for the trip, I mean. Food, water, some bandages in case one of us gets hurt, there's two tents and wrapped cloth beds for the night, I've got fire starters to ward of the humidity and the cold, a kettle for cooking." Before she knew it, she was rattling off the list of things she had gathered to Era. She wanted to make sure she had everything they needed. "I've got some spare rounds for Jens' and my weapons, as well. We're probably going to need them for more than just Veronica. The jungle here is a dangerous place to roam. We should be fine though."

Caroline kept fingering the top of her mug, quickly taking another sip of the hot liquid. "I'd say we're just about ready to go."

~

Jens joined Era and Caroline upstairs before Anna managed to get herself up and ready to go. Once she arrived, it was well into the day and the execution would be starting soon. From inside the airship they could not normally hear much of the outside world, but today was different. The sound of shouting was faint and muffled, but definitely there. The people of the city were in an uproar, likely shouting threats and profanities at Renate by now. It was a sort of tradition, Caroline was telling Era, that a criminal who would be put to death would first undergo public humiliation. Then the torture started. It was not uncommon for a death row criminal to be raped or beaten bloody. That was simply the nature of Sar'tu. A barbarian was given a barbarian's death.

Once the shouting started, Caroline mobilized the party. She gave the bigger packs to Jens and Era, since they were both stronger than her and Anna physically. She carried her own pack and left Anna in charge of another and the map of the jungle beyond. For the first few minutes, the party was rather tense, hoping they would not be discovered leaving, but the fear was unwarranted. There were no guards patrolling the outskirts today, and as soon as the party slipped past the tree barrier, they all let out a sigh of relief.

Though now the hardest part of their journey was about to begin.

At first the jungle was a welcome sight to them, the trees and thick brush obscuring much of what they could see, but still beautiful in its own right. They decided to take a separate path from the road that was already established to avoid any guards that might be around the area. They should reach the road soon after though, when it was safe to travel in sight.

The Sar'tu continent was practically covered in a single jungle world. With trees several stories high, it was not uncommon to find three-toed monkeys hanging from those high branches. Their chatter grew in volume as the party passed underneath those branches. Luckily, none of them decided to throw dung at them, otherwise that would have started a shit shower with no end in sight. Caroline instructed Era and the rest of them not to touch the vines. Some might not be vines, but snakes waiting to ambush the foolish.

A few hours or so into the journey, when the jungle became quiet, Anna spoke up about an uneasy feeling she had. As if something was watching them. And she was right, the forest was far too quiet for there not to be something wrong. But whatever was watching them did not come out; the party pressed on until they came to a small clearing with a brook of water flowing gently into a small pond. The surface of the pond was mostly clear, save for the spare frog's head poking up out of the water. It croaked loudly when it saw them approach and disappeared beneath the surface.

"I think this is as good a place as any to take a short rest," Caroline decided, lowering her pack to the ground next to the pond, against a nearby tree. As soon as she did, one of those three-toed monkeys swooped down from a vine and snatched up the pack, disappearing into the trees moments later. "Oh damn it all!" Caroline cursed. Another monkey appeared and landed on her head, snatching the leather cap she had on. It chattered something at her and put the hat on its own head. Caroline slid her rifle into her hands and fired it at the monkey. A warning shot at it's feet, nothing more. The monkey, shocked, screeched and fled the scene, throwing the cap back at Caroline as it fled.

"Monkey issues there, Caroline?" Jens inquired unhelpfully with an amused expression. Before Caroline could retort, they heard a roar from the jungle ahead of them. A very angry roar, belonging to a very angry and very large monkey.

Encounter!
Three-Toed Monkey Community

Objective: Eliminate the threats!
Atmosphere: Whoops (Ya done goofed)
Soundtrack: Monkey Business

(t) (t) (t) (t) (6) (t) (t) (t) A
(t) (t) (B) (t) ( ) (t) (t) (t) B
(t) (5) ( ) (t) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) C
(t) ( ) (1) (t) ( ) (2) (t) (t) D
( ) (~) ( ) (4) ( ) (t) (t) (t) E
(~) (~) (~) ( ) ( ) (3) (t) (t) F
(~) (~) (~) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) (t) G
(B) (~) (t) ( ) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) H
(t) (~) ( ) ( ) (C) (J) (t) (t) I
(t) (~) ( ) ( ) (A) ( ) ( ) (t) J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8

Caroline (Sky Pilot)
HP: 35/35
EN: 50/50
Atk: 1
Def: 4
Int: 7
Spr: 3
Move: 3
Crit: 4%
Evade: 2%
Morale: (//////////)

Anna (Star Guide)
HP: 30/30
Int: 8
Spr: 4
Move: 2
Crit: 3%

Jens (Innovator)
Atk: 7
Int: 1
Evade: 3%

Three-Toed Monkey (1)
HP: 20
EN: 50
Atk: 6
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 1
Move: 4
Evade: 4%

Three-Toed Monkey (2)

Three-Toed Monkey (3)

Three-Toed Monkey (4)

Three-Toed Monkey (5)

Gorilla (6)
HP: 60
Atk: 8
Int: 6
Spr: 2

(~) - Pond/Brook - It's only about knee-high at the deepest part.

(t) - Tree.

(B) - Bag - Snatch it for loot!

Placement Phase

You may start in rows I-J

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Sat May 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Era starts at I4.

Everything was just as Era had expected, and he laughed as he realized Caroline was going on and on about her list of things prepared. It was adorable, but he appreciated that she worked so hard to make sure they would be all right in the wilderness. He didn't have too much experience with that, so this would be interesting to say the least. He had everything he needed in his backpack, and his blade was one he could conjure at any point, drawing upon the power of time to manifest it.

As fate would have it, Era would definitely need to call upon that power. Entering the jungle was easy. Everyone was distracted by Renate's execution. He tried to put that out of his mind. He knew she would be cursing him for not giving her her chance at revenge, but maybe she and Veronica could have a nice reunion in Hell when they were both dead and all was well in the world once more. Walking along, Era tried to stay weary, but the jungle proved to be rather...quiet. Eerily so. The others seemed to be a little concerned, and it didn't take a someone who knew the area well to figure out that something was wrong.

They chanced upon a small clearing--a haven for them to rest a moment. However, their sanctuary quickly became a madhouse as monkeys persisted to steal their items, and Caroline was more than pissed about it. Era conjured his blade and readied himself for combat. He couldn't help but smile at Jens's quip, but the loud angry roar that came after did not bode well for him and the others.

"They might not be in a joking mood, Jens," Era said with a grin as the monkeys made themselves known once more. This was going to be...interesting. And hopefully dung-free.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Encounter!
Three-Toed Monkey Community

(~) (~) (~) ( ) ( ) (3) (t) (t) F
(t) (~) ( ) (E) (C) (J) (t) (t) I

Caroline (Sky Pilot)

Anna (Star Guide)

Jens (Innovator)

Era (Warrior of Time)
Def: 5
Critical: 3%
Evasion: 4%
Movement: 3

Three-Toed Monkey (1)

Three-Toed Monkey (2)

Three-Toed Monkey (3)

Three-Toed Monkey (4)

Three-Toed Monkey (5)

Gorilla (6)
HP: 60

(t) - Tree.

Player Phase

"Enough, let's just get rid of these guys so we can get our stuff back," Caroline said, lifting her rifle and taking aim with it. The rifle made a whirring sound as it began to power up and a hot red glow lit up along the side of it. Caroline flipped a switch on the rifle, took aim, and fired it at one of the nearby monkeys. The laser bolt shot out at the animal, smacking it right in the head before shooting off in another direction and bouncing off the next monkey, like a pinball.

Caroline readied her gun again, glancing at the other monkeys. They were all making a bunch of noise that made it hard to focus. She hoped they didn't start throwing rocks or anything at them. That would be rather...annoying. "Line 'em up!" Caroline called. She wanted a perfect shot next round.

Caroline uses Ricochet on 3! 7 Int DMG! Hits 4, 2, and 6! 6 Int DMG! Incendiary Lasers active!

EN: 42/50

"Era," Anna called, then pointed her telescope towards him so the larger lens faced him. "Can you see him? That's Capricorn. He's a hard worker and never does anything without giving it his all. Let his power flow through you, so you may do the same." The sign of the constellation shined through the lens of the telescope and a power rose up within Era, making him feel and look much stronger than before. In addition to that, some trace of Anna's power lingered with him, covering him in a strong aura that glowed a light purple color.

"Lyra will keep you safe, too." Anna said with a smile.

Anna casts Capricorn: The Worker on Era! +40% Atk!

Era is protected by Lyra's Ballad (+2)

"What do you mean?" Jens wondered aloud, smiling the whole time he was talking. He flicked his hand and pulled the gun from his chest, examining the gold plating. "Monkeys not being in a joking mood? I couldn't imagine a time where something like that exists." A static charge ran through Jens's fingers and the gun he held. He was charging something up, and it looked positively electrifying.

Jens activates his Purpose! +30% DMG to basics; Applies Zap on hit.

EN: 44/50

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Era uses Lag Time on 4! 10 Dmg! (ATK) [Era lands in F4][Lag Clone left behind in I4]

EN: 40/50

"I can certainly see him, Anna. He is as inspiring as you are," Era spoke confidently with a smile. As amusing as it was to listen to Jens tease Caroline, he tried to stay focused. Sure, the monkeys might not have been the largest threat in the world, but you never know how quickly the tide of battle would turn. Era certainly wouldn't be making any mistakes in this one. "I will not squander his gift, I promise," he spoke once more before flashing towards one of the nearby monkeys leaving an image of himself behind in his original position. At the end of his motion, he slashed the fuzzy creature before him and readied himself to move and strike once more. He was sure his clone would probably be as inaccurate as ever, but if there was even some remote chance that it could hit the creature he attacked, then it was worth creating it.

Era waits.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:49 pm

_

(~) (~) (~) (E) ( ) (3) (t) (t) F

_

3 takes 6 DMG!

Incendiary Lasers burn away at 3! 1 DMG!

4 takes 5 DMG!

Incendiary Lasers burn away at 4! 1 DMG!

2 takes 5 DMG!

Incendiary Lasers burn away at 2! 1 DMG!

6 takes 4 DMG!

Incendiary Lasers burn away at 6! 1 DMG! (Caroline)

Era is brimming with power!

Atk: 8 (Anna)

Jens feels electrified!

4 takes 7 DMG!

Everyone's seeing double! (Era)

_

(~) (~) (~) (E) ( ) (3) (t) (t) F

_

Enemy Phase

1 throws poo at Era! 6 Atk DMG!

The poo clings to Era. Phew, what a stench! (Stinkified)

2 throws poo at Era! 6 Atk DMG!

3 moves to H-5

3 attacks Caroline! 6 Atk DMG!

Caroline got poo hands smeared over her clothes! (Stinkified)

4 attacks Era! 6 Atk DMG!

5 moves to C-3

5 snatches the bag at B-3!

6 moves to D-5

6 grabs 2 and throws 2 at Era! 8 Atk DMG!

2 lands in F-5

_

(t) (t) (t) (t) ( ) (t) (t) (t) A
(t) (t) ( ) (t) ( ) (t) (t) (t) B
(t) ( ) (5) (t) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) C
(t) ( ) (1) (t) (6) ( ) (t) (t) D
(~) (~) (~) (E) (2) ( ) (t) (t) F
(B) (~) (t) ( ) (3) ( ) (t) (t) H

_

Caroline (Sky Pilot) *Stinky*
HP: 33/35

Anna (Star Guide)

Jens (Innovator) *Purpose*

Era (Warrior of Time)*Capricorn* *Stinky*
HP: 31/35
Atk: 6----8

Three-Toed Monkey (1)
HP: 20/20

Three-Toed Monkey (2)
HP: 14/20

Three-Toed Monkey (3)
HP: 13/20

Three-Toed Monkey (4)
HP: 14/20

Three-Toed Monkey (5)

Gorilla (6)
HP: 55/60

(t) - Tree.

Player Phase

"Ugh, I'm never going to get this stink off of me, am I?" Caroline groans, not even bothering to wipe off the stains on her jacket. She might be wearing gloves at the moment, but there is no way she wants to touch that stink with her hands. "Gross! Get off me you stupid monkey!" Caroline gives the chattering annoyance a swift kick and brings her rifle around. She swiftly pulls a lever to reload the machine and snaps a button into place before firing a beam of high energy through the first monkey and the ones behind it.

Caroline fires lasers! Hits 3, 2 and 6! 10 Int DMG! 7 Int DMG! 5 Int DMG! Incendiary Lasers active!

EN: 32/50

"Your turn, Jens!" Anna declares, turning to her friend and showing him her telescope. Jens peers into the large lens and smiles. "You can see him, right? You can see Capricorn just like Era did before. You know he works hard, and I know you do too. Show us what you can do!" With a simple smile and a flourish of her telescope, Anna bestows the same power that Era got onto Jens. The way his back arched up as if electrified by the new power made it seem like a great pleasure to him.

Anna casts Capricorn: The Worker on Jens! +40% Atk!

Jens is protected by Lyra's Ballad (+2)

EN: 34/50

"Thank you kindly, Anna," Jens says smoothly, brushing back his hair a little with a slight smile of his own. The tall, handsome man flicks the pistol in his hand and points it towards the monkey that got a bit too close to Caroline for his liking. "Dearest Caroline, I certainly hope you were expecting this outcome. Otherwise you might be in for a rude awakening when all the monkeys start throwing poo at us. Era already knows." A loud BANG echoes through the forest when Jens fires his gun.

Jens attacks 3! 15 Atk DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Era sighed.  Jens just had to point it out, didn't he?  The boy admitted that being pelted with poo was probably one of the worst experiences that anyone could have the displeasure of going through.  The stink was horrid and overwhelming.  He would need new clothes and a thorough scouring shower after this literal shit was over and done with.  Aside from being disgusted, Era was also rather angry.  He slid through the nearby monkey almost as if it wasn't even there and set his sights on the real prize and probably the biggest threat here--the gorilla.  Era had faced more formidable foes than this, though he did not underestimate the large creature.  He was sure it was powerful but Era had power of his own.

Era moves to E5.

Era uses Rush Hour on 6!  11 Dmg! (ATK) [Era gains Haste][Era winds up in B5]

S-Ability Time Mastery extends Haste's duration by 1 turn!

Era kept on the move and dashed towards the mighty beast, grinding his weapon against its form, the blade accelerated in time before Era zoomed through and appeared behind it.  The clone he left behind finally sought to act, dashing forth on its own and slashing at the monkey that Era had assaulted before.

Lag Clone uses Lag Time on 4!  7 Dmg! (ATK) [Lag Clone winds up in F4]

Lag Clone waits.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:44 pm

_

(t) (t) ( ) (t) (E) (t) (t) (t) B
(t) ( ) (5) (t) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) C
(t) ( ) (1) (t) (6) ( ) (t) (t) D
(~) (~) (~) (E) (2) ( ) (t) (t) F

_

3 takes 9 DMG!

Incendiary Lasers active! 1 DMG!

2 takes 6 DMG!

Incendiary Lasers active! 1 DMG!

6 dodges the attack! (Caroline)

Jens is brimming with power!

3 takes 11 DMG!

3 KO!

6 takes 8 DMG! (Era)

Era feels the wind at his back and time on his hands. (Hasted)

4 takes 4 DMG! (Lag Clone)
_

Enemy Phase

1 moves to D-5

1 throws poo at Era! 6 Atk DMG!

Era evades the attack!

2 moves to E-5

2 throws poo at Era! 6 Atk DMG!

Era is Stinkified!

4 moves to D-6

4 throws poo at Era! 6 Atk DMG!

Era dodges the attack!

5 climbs the tree at C-4!

5 waits.

6 moves to C-5

6 slugs at Era!

Era dodges the attack!

_

(t) (t) ( ) (t) (E) (t) (t) (t) B
(t) ( ) ( ) (5) (6) ( ) (t) (t) C
(t) ( ) ( ) (t) (1) (4) (t) (t) D
( ) (~) ( ) ( ) (2) (t) (t) (t) E
(~) (~) (~) (E) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) F

_

Caroline is no longer Stinky

Jen's Capricorn has 2 turns.

Era's Capricorn has 1 turn.

Era's Haste has 4 turns.
_
Caroline (Sky Pilot)
HP: 33/35

Anna (Star Guide)
EN: 36/50

Jens (Innovator) *Purpose**Capricorn**Lyra's Ballad*
HP: 35/35+2
Atk: 7----10

Era (Warrior of Time)*Capricorn**Haste**Stinky*
HP: 30/35
Atk: 6----8

Three-Toed Monkey (1)

Three-Toed Monkey (2)
HP: 8/20

Three-Toed Monkey (4)
HP: 10/20

Three-Toed Monkey (5)

Gorilla (6)
HP: 47/60
EN: 46/50

(t) - Tree.

Player Phase

"Woo! You go Era!" Caroline cheers from the back, watching Era dodge away from most of the attacks sent at him. Dealing with so much flying poo must have been a learning experience last time, and he even managed to dodge the big one's hit. "I told you he'd be fine!" Caroline grins at Anna and Jens, then laughs and refocuses on the objective. "Anna, hit me up with some magic, would you?"

"Of course. Look into my telescope for a second, Cara," Anna says, pointing her instrument at her older sister. "See her? That's Gemini, she's a hard worker just like Capricorn. But instead of fighting she strategizes and sees the weaknesses in her enemy and works to exploit it. Let her knowledge empower you and make your mind stronger than your body."

Anna casts Gemini: The Philosopher on Caroline! +40% Int!

EN: 28/50

Caroline is now shielded by Lyra's Ballad! +2 HP

"Era, if you get tired come to me and I'll let Pisces take good care of you!"

"Nice! Now I can really take these guys out!" Caroline spins her rifle back into place on her shoulder and takes to her knee to line up the shot. Since Era is in the path she has to be careful if she doesn't want to hit him. "Incoming Era!" Caroline shouts and pulls the trigger, firing the laser straight through the line of monkeys. The trajectory of the laser just misses Era, thanks to Caroline's careful aiming.

Caroline Fires Lasers! Hits 2, 1 and 6! 14 Int DMG! 11 Int DMG! 6 Int DMG!

Incendiary Lasers active!

EN: 22/50

Jens hurries forward once Caroline finishes her shot. Her power increased by Anna's magic should be able to take care of the first monkey, though Jens wishes he moved forward earlier anyway. Oh well, time cannot turned back. Not for him, anyway. Jens flicks his golden gun out and searches for his next target. One of the monkeys is just within range of his shot, so he takes his shot with speed and accuracy.

Jens moves to G-5

Jens attacks 1! 14 Atk DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:12 am

Era moves to C3.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Caroline!" Era called back with a wave, after having nimbly dodged most of the attacks the monkeys had thrown at him.  Flying poo and giant fuzzy fists.  Both were things he'd like to avoid.  He already stunk to high heaven as it was; he did not need any more poop on him.  At all.

Using his speed, he dashed through the intimidating gorilla and smaller monkey, stopping right there and attacking the perfectly healthy monkey next to him.

"Sorry little guy, but throwing poo is a no-go," he said quietly before slashing at the creature twice with his blade, hoping to put quite an effective dent in it. The sooner he could quash it and its poop-throwing ways, the better.

Era slashes 5!  2 hits!  8 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Lag Clone tries to move to E5 but can't, and therefore dissipates.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:24 pm

_

(t) ( ) (E) (5) (6) ( ) (t) (t) C
(t) ( ) ( ) (t) ( ) (4) (t) (t) D
( ) (~) ( ) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) (t) E
(~) (~) (~) ( ) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) F
(~) (~) (~) ( ) (J) (t) (t) (t) G
(t) (~) ( ) ( ) (C) ( ) (t) (t) I

_

Caroline is brimming with power! (Anna)

2 takes 13 DMG!

2 KO!

1 takes 10 DMG!

Incendiary lasers active! 1 DMG!

6 takes 4 DMG!

Incendiary lasers active! 1 DMG! (Caroline)

1 takes 11 DMG! (Jens)

1 KO!

5 takes 10 DMG! (Era)

_

Enemy Phase

4 moves to F-5

4 attacks Jens! 6 Atk DMG!

Jens is covered in filth! (Stinkified)

5 jumps on Era's head and hits him! 6 Atk DMG!

Era is covered in filth! (Stinkified)

Era slows down from the extra weight! (Haste suspended temporarily)

6 moves to E-5

6 picks up 4 and throws it at Jens! 8 Atk DMG!

_

(t) ( ) (E) (5) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) C
(t) ( ) ( ) (t) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) D
( ) (~) ( ) ( ) (6) (t) (t) (t) E
(~) (~) (~) ( ) (4) ( ) (t) (t) F
(t) (~) ( ) ( ) (C) ( ) (t) (t) I

_

Caroline's Gemini has 2 turns left

Jen's Capricorn has 1 turns.

Jen's Purpose has 1 shot left.

Era's Capricorn wears off.

Era's Haste has 3 turns. (Suspended)

_

Caroline (Sky Pilot) *Gemini**Lyra's Ballad*
HP: 33/35+2
EN: 22/50
Int: 7----10

Anna (Star Guide)

Jens (Innovator) *Purpose**Capricorn*
HP: 29/35
Atk: 7----10

Era (Warrior of Time)*Haste**Stinky*
HP: 29/35
EN: 36/50

Three-Toed Monkey (4)

Three-Toed Monkey (5) *On Era*
EN: 48/50

Gorilla (6)
HP: 43/60

(t) - Tree.

Player Phase

"On my way, Era!" Caroline calls, dragging her goggles down over her eyes. She flicks a small lever on her hoversuit and two long rods rise up and expand and spin. As the machine gathers power and speed, Caroline rises up off the ground and directs herself over to where Era is, hovering over the pool of water and the downward force of her airsuit causing ripples on the water's surface. Caroline hovers there and pulls up her rifle, taking careful aim at the monkey before firing her shot with perfect precision.

Caroline activates her Piloting! Bestows Flight!

Caroline moves to F-3

Caroline attacks 5! 10 Int DMG!

EN: 20/50

Era is no longer slowed down by 5!

"Gotcha covered buddy!"

Are you okay, Jens?" Anna asks, genuinely concerned for Jens though her fears were mostly unfounded. The man straightens himself properly and gives her a smile. "Good, let me know if you need anything."

Anna waits.

EN: 38/50

"Caroline, mind taking care of this one when you get the chance?" Jens calls over to the hovering girl, gesturing towards the monkey directly in front of him. "I've got a bone to pick with the big guy here." Jens turns his gaze to the gorilla that was, until recently, only focused on Era. But since Era escaped its range, it started going after Jens. Probably because two of his bullets already put an end to two of the monkey conglomerate the big guy had going on. "Sorry to be a party pooper," Jens says casually, spinning his gun on a finger and pointing it at the big one. "But we really need to do away with you, else Caroline might go bananas."

Jens attacks 6! 14 Atk DMG!

Jen's Purpose wears off.

Jens has a Second Shot charged up! 11 Atk DMG!

Lucky Number 6: [2/6]

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:41 pm

"Thanks Caroline!" Era expressed his immense gratitude. The monkey had gotten onto his head and bopped him pretty good. There might have even been a slight bump from that but otherwise Era was in good condition. He reached up and tidied up his messy hair for a moment before dashing off with his recovered speed.

"And now it's my turn to help Jens out," Era said firmly as he came to a halt next to the monkey that was giving him trouble, seeing as how Jens had his sight on the gorilla. Era slashed away at the monkey with his blade. If he couldn't kill it, maybe at least he could draw its attention so that Jens could do his work uninhibited.

Era moves to F4.

Era attacks 4! 2 hits! 6 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:16 pm

_

(t) ( ) ( ) (t) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) C
( ) (~) ( ) ( ) (6) (t) (t) (t) E
(~) (~) (C) (E) (4) ( ) (t) (t) F
(t) (~) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) I

_

5 takes 9 DMG!

5 Perfect Kill!

Caroline loots the bag off of 5's corpse!

Bladed Leaf (x2) looted! (Added to inventory)

6 takes 18 DMG! CRITICAL HIT!! (Jens)

6 takes 8 DMG! (Jens)

4 takes 6 DMG! (Era)

_

Enemy Phase

4 moves to E-4

4 attacks Era! 6 Atk DMG!

Era doesn't get stinkified!

6 moves to F-5

6 locks Jens into a GERMAN SUPLEX! 13 Atk DMG!

Jens is stunned!

_

(~) (~) (C) (E) (6) ( ) (t) (t) F

_

Caroline's Gemini has 1 turns left.

Jen's Capricorn wears off.

Era's Haste has 2 turns.

Era is no longer Stinkified.

_

Caroline (Sky Pilot) *Gemini**Lyra's Ballad*
EN: 20/50
Int: 7----10

Anna (Star Guide)

Jens (Innovator) *Stun*
HP: 20/35

Era (Warrior of Time)*Haste*
HP: 28/35

Three-Toed Monkey (4)
HP: 4/20

Gorilla (6)
HP: 17/60

(t) - Tree.

Player Phase

"Jens!" Caroline shouts in shock as their friend's head hit the ground. Thankfully it wasn't too heavy of a hit, but Jens isn't moving, and that greatly worries Caroline. "Stupid gorilla," Caroline mutters, bringing up her rifle and firing one of her lasers at the beast. The giant pretty much just shrugs off all her attacks though, only Jens was able to pierce its thick muscles and heavily injure the beast with two bullets. Maybe that is what it would take to take down this thing. "Anna, can you heal Jens?" Caroline calls to her sister.

Caroline attacks 6! 10 Int DMG!

EN: 18/50

"On it!" Anna acknowledges, pointing her telescope at Jens' crumpled body. "Jens, you don't have to look, but please listen. Pisces is a great caretaker, let him rejuvinate your spirit and heal the wounds of your body for you." All the while in Anna's mind was a single thought. She could not lose Jens. Not here, not when they only had so much time before someone noticed their disappearance.

Anna casts Pisces: The Caretaker on Jens! 10 Int Healing DMG!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Well, that looked rather painful. The slight damage Era sustained had nothing on the hard-hitting move the gorilla just used on Jens. Just witnessing it caused Era to wince. Keeping his attention on the smaller monkey, he slashed twice with his enhanced speed in order to get the thing out of the way so they could all focus on getting this gorilla down once and for all.

"Jens seems like a tough fellow. That...looked painful, sure, but watch this guy get right back up and back in the saddle," Era said intently as he glanced at the dazed Jens. Even now it looked like he might come back to his senses, and it was obvious that Anna's magic had greatly benefited him.

Era attacks 4! 2 hits! 6 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:46 pm

_

_

4 takes 6 DMG! (Era)

4 KO!

6 takes 8 DMG!

_

Enemy Phase

6 Smacks a Hoe! Hits Era! 10 Atk DMG!

_

_

Caroline's Gemini wears off.

Era's Haste has 1 turn.
_

Caroline (Sky Pilot) *Lyra's Ballad**Flight*
EN: 18/50
Move: 3----6

Anna (Star Guide)

Jens (Innovator)
HP: 30/35

Era (Warrior of Time)*Haste*
HP: 23/35

Gorilla (6) *Critical*
HP: 8/60
EN: 26/50

(t) - Tree.

Player Phase

"Whew, that was quite the adventure," Jens says, staggering back to his feet. He throws up his hand to calm the others down. "I'm alright. Feeling pretty good now, actually. Thanks Anna." Jens flicks his gun back into action. He doesn't have anything buffing his strength anymore, but he can still do something. Just before he finishes off the giant beast though, he feels a strength come back to him. Anna is letting him to tap back into Capricorn's strength. A smirk spreads across Jens face as he understands what will happen next.

"It's Game Over for you, Mr. Kong."

Anna casts Capricorn: The Worker on Jens!

Jens attacks 6! 11 Atk DMG!

6 Perfect Kill!

Caroline moves to pick up the bag at H-1.

Bag contains Bandages (x1) (Inventory Updated)

_

( ) (~) ( ) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) (t) E
(~) (~) (C) (E) ( ) ( ) (t) (t) F

_

Objective Cleared!

Rewards:

Combat Experience:
+8 - Monkey Perfect Kill
+6 - Monkey KO
+12 - Gorilla Perfect Kill
+2 - No items used
+2 - No Party Unit KO

Total Combat Experience: +30

Caroline
Level: 1
Progress: 0/30----30/30
Caroline LEVEL UP!
+1 Skill Point Gained!
+2 Stat Points Gained!
+4 HP!
Level: 2
Progress: 0/30

Era
Level: 1
Progress: 16/30----46/30
Era LEVEL UP!
+1 Skill Point Gained!
+2 Stat Points Gained!
+4 HP!
Progress: 16/30

Anna
Anna LEVEL UP!
+1 Skill Point Gained!
+2 Stat Points Gained!
+4 HP!
Level: 3

Jens
Level: 3
Jens LEVEL UP!
+1 Skill Point Gained!
+2 Stat Points Gained!
+4 HP!
Level: 4

Party Experience Gained:
+5 - Objective Cleared
+2 - Map Interactions Cleared
+4 - No units KO'ed

Total Party EXP: 11

Party Level: 1
Progress: 7/10----18/10
Party Level Up!
Party Level: 2
Progress: 8/20

Unit Support Unlocked!

Era and the team are a bunch of misfits as far as a party goes. In order to make the team act more as a single unit, allies now have the option of supporting Era or another unit to grant them some extra strength in exchange for the unit's own action phase. A unit supporting another unit including Era requires a positive Approval rating with that unit. 0 Approval counts as positive should it appear.

Different units will give different bonuses to a supported unit. For now, all units will only bolster raw stats. Later on when a unit gains a greater Approval rating, more support abilities will be unlocked. Era's actions and the responses of the party will affect all approval ratings in some way.

Unit Support Combo Abilities will be unlocked at Party Level 5 and 30 Approval.

Items Found:
Bladed Leaf (x2) (Bag)
Bandages (x1) (Bag)
Poo (x3) (Monkey)
Banana Peel (x1) (Monkey)
Tuft of Fur (x1) (Gorilla)

Key Items Found:
Rusted Gear

Gold skinned off the corpses of beasts: 109

Please update your profile. We will continue shortly.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:55 am

"There we go," Caroline breathes, setting herself down on solid ground next to their stolen pack. She takes a quick gander inside and sees that all of their supplies are still there, albeit a little messy now. "Everything is still here," Caroline says to the others, shouldering the pack and rejoining the party. As much as she hated to keep the group moving after such a battle, it was necessary. More beasts would certainly be attracted by the sounds of their guns and the roars of the gorilla. The scent of the dead permeates the air as well and would attract even more unwanted creatures to the area. Soon this place will be overrun. "How far is Yamga, Jens?"

Jens slips a folded slip of paper from his back pocket and unravels it. A map of the forest, detailing their point of entry and the path they were scheduled to take through the forest. After a quick glance around at their surroundings, Jens marks a point on the map for their location. "We're a little more than halfway there," he says. "The ruins are not far from home, but the jungle is pretty thick from this point on."

"Give me an estimate."

"Two hours, at most. We can make it before the fifth descent."

"Great, let's get moving." With their objective on the mind the party ventures out once again, fleeing from the battle site before anything else comes along. What Jens said before came true not long after. The forest grew thicker the further the party went in until even the path itself became overrun with thick brush. Thankfully Jens came prepared with a machete, once he pulled it out of his pack he could cut a path for the rest of them to follow through the jungle. Sunlight popped in through the canopy periodically, growing ever more infrequent the further they pushed on. Soon no beams of sun could find holes in the canopy of leaves and the forest grew darker around them.

The old ruins Yamga appear before them at the precise time of the fifth descent, more or less as Jens predicted. The old city walls are all crumbled down to simple rubble, each edifice within the walls sharing a similar deterioration as time claimed this city long ago. Hard brown clay litters the ground where they step, remains of whatever buildings used to be here, all more or less indistinguishable amongst each other. Veronica's crew would be hiding somewhere in the city, looking for something. If Renate were spared she could bring them to the spot, but no one could trust her not to stab them in the back later.

Caroline refused to let anyone split off from the group. The jungle alone is a dangerous place and creatures would not spare a ruin of their presence. With the possibility of Veronica being around here, they couldn't take any chances of getting caught separated. So the party moves as a single unit through the ruins, searching any of them that might still hold onto their original shape, in the end finding nothing worthy of note. Several hours pass and the sky darkens more, leaving the group with no other choice but to camp for the night.

Caroline turns on her machine to take to the skies while Jens and Era start to clear away the rubble to make a campsite. Jens has the idea of surrounding the camp with stacks of the rubble to help ward away beasts, while Anna starts organizing their tent stuffs as best she can. Caroline searches the area from above, looking for any signs of Veronica's group. She didn't expect to find anything, but that didn't stop her from feeling disappointed after. Soon she joins the others to set up camp.

The very next morning the group wakes and digs into some of their rations Caroline brought with her. None of them know how long they will be staying out in the wild, but with the way the rations are set up they can only spend one more day before being forced to return home. So today would have to be the day to find Veronica. Breaking up camp is easier than setting it up and before long the party if out and about, searching for any signs of human life.

On the other side of the large ruins a loud shout breaks the silence in the air. From behind a building a young woman runs out, arms pumping at her sides as she disappears behind another building. Moments later several men come chasing after her, running the same way. Each of these thugs are wearing similar attire to one another, black cloaks and vests with a mask obscuring most of their faces from view. They are chasing the woman with guns in hands, clearly intending to capture the stranger dead or alive.

"Do we help her, or what?" Jens asks quickly, looking to Caroline.

"Era?" Caroline turns to Era.

>Go help the runaway.
>Trace the runner's steps to find the place where these men came from.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Era put his blade away as the immediate threat was vanquished, however, this was definitely not the time to let their guard down. Caroline insisted that they move along. It would be another couple of hours before they reached their destination. Era quickly regained his breath and set off with the others, the jungle growing thicker and thicker as they traversed it winding up with Jens having to slice away at the foliage.

Era was surprised at how accurate Jens's estimation was. He seemed to be on point. Era agreed with Caroline on not letting anyone split off. It would be just their luck that they'd get their body stolen by Veronica. As such he did his best to search thoroughly with the others close by but no matter how much they combed through they couldn't find a trace of anything resulting in them having to set up camp and take a rest until the next morning.

With new light came new troubles. The group bore witness to a girl running away from another group of masked, cloaked people. Jens asked Caroline what to do, and Caroline in turned asked for Era's advice.

"If she's left alone, not only could those men get her, but the natural dangers of the jungle, as you said Caroline, are quite capable of doing her harm. We'd best join up with her for her own safety, not to mention whatever trouble she's wrapped up in might coincide with what we're looking for."

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:16 am

"Let's get after them, then!" Caroline says, leading the charge after the men and the runaway woman. They followed their path, cutting through a narrow passage already cleared of rubble and through an alley corner. Soon they catch up to the sight of the men's coattails just as the alleyway opens up into a wide field just past what used to be a chapel, or so it seems to be. The men have not noticed Caroline and the others following them, but they stopped because the woman also stopped, standing just beyond a small fortification made of the old city rubble. The makeshift walls are just tall enough to obscure her back, so when she turns around to see she is caught, all that they can see is her head.

"We've caught you now, Turner!" A few of the goonies step forward to close the distance, holding large machetes or heavy rifles at their sides. The woman behind the wall pauses, expressionless for just a few seconds before a big smile strikes her features.

"Me? Caught?" She dramatizes, putting her hand daintily on her chest, "Oh no, whatever will I do!" The woman, Turner, ducks beneath the wall just as one of the goons fires a shot at her head. "Hey now! You know I don't like violence! Can't we talk this over?"

"The boss wants you back working on that door now Turner!"

"Veronica's gonna have to get used to disappointment, then! Seems to follow her everywhere!" Turner jumps up from behind her wall and kicks the wall of rubble down, revealing herself and three large turrets around her. A big grin spreads on her face as the turrets start firing, causing chaos in the midst of the goonies. Several of them get mowed down by the storm of bullets. Was this whole thing set up in advance or did she just build those? Turner looks around at all the bodies on the ground and the retreating goonies. "Well what did you expect?" She laughs as if this whole thing was supposed to be anticipated. "Kidnapping such a frail, defenseless little girl like myself could only result in me running away!"

Encounter!
Yamga Ruins

Objective: Ensure the safety of Turner!
Atmosphere: Old City Ruins (Rubble Everywhere: -1 Movement All)
Soundtrack: The Girl with a Hundred-and-One Debts
Achievement: No, that was MY kill! (Don't let any turrets take a killshot! 10 AP)

( ) ( ) ( ) (r) (b) (b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
(b) (b) (b) ( ) (C) (b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) B
(b) (b) (b) ( ) (r) ( ) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) C
(b) (b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (r) (T) (r) ( ) ( ) (b) (b) E
(b) (b) (r) ( ) (r) (A) (r) ( ) ( ) (b) (b) F
(b) (r) ( ) ( ) (T) (r) (T) ( ) ( ) (b) (b) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) (3) (2) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (5) (6) ( ) ( ) I
( ) ( ) (1) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (4) (r) ( ) ( ) J
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (r) (r) ( ) K
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (7) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) L
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) M
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) (b) O
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) P
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (J) ( ) (C) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) Q
(b) (b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) (A) (b) ( ) ( ) (b) R
(b) (b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) (b) (b) S
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10--11

Caroline (Sky Pilot)
HP: 39/39
Move: 3----2

Anna (Star Guide)
HP: 34/34
Int: 9
Spr: 5
Move: 2----1

Jens (Innovator)

Machete Man (1)
HP: 60/60

Goon (2)
HP: 45/45
Atk: 10
Def: 6

Machete Man (3)

Goon (4)

Machete Man (5)

Goon (6)

Machete Man (7)

Angie Turner (Mechanic)
HP: 55/55
Def: 10
Crit: 2%

(T)urret *Piercing Bullets* G-5
HP: 25/25
Atk: 12
Range: Wide 3 cell cone
Def: 8

(T)urret *Piercing Bullets* G-7

(T)urret *Piercing Bullets* E-6

(C) - Large Chest (Requires Key)

(b) - Ruined Building

(r) - Large rubble (Blocks ranged attacks)

Era may start in rows Q-S

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:27 pm

Era starts at Q8.

With the decision made, the group made their way after the girl in peril. She was cornered helplessly by a pretty hefty squad of mysterious goons. Were they associated with Veronica? Era came to a halt near his allies in time to hear the exchange between one of the goons and the girl they were targeting who happened to drop Veronica's name landing himself and his friends in the jackpot. Veronica was definitely here. Working on some door? What did that mean?

Regardless of what might have been going on here in the ruins, it became evident that saving this girl was going to be key if they wanted some prime information about Veronica. Luckily for them, by some miracle Era was currently puzzling over, this girl managed to build herself a miniature fortress out of rubble and hand-made turrets. He had heard of engineers with the vast capability to create things easily by things they have on hand using their high intellect but this was something else to see it done in person.

"It appears as though this was the right course of action, though our interference here might tip Veronica off to our presence in the ruins," Era stated, withdrawing his blade and preparing to mop the ruin grounds with some goons.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:02 pm

Encounter!
Yamga Ruins

Objective: Ensure the safety of Turner!
Atmosphere: Old City Ruins (Rubble Everywhere: -1 Movement All)
Soundtrack: The Girl with a Hundred-and-One Debts
Achievement: No, that was MY kill! (Don't let any turrets take a killshot! 10 AP)

( ) ( ) ( ) (r) (b) (b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
(b) (b) (b) ( ) (C) (b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) B
(b) (b) (b) ( ) (r) ( ) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) C
(b) (b) (b) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (r) (T) (r) ( ) ( ) (b) (b) E
(b) (b) (r) ( ) (r) (A) (r) ( ) ( ) (b) (b) F
(b) (r) ( ) ( ) (T) (r) (T) ( ) ( ) (b) (b) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) (3) (2) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (5) (6) ( ) ( ) I
( ) ( ) (1) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (4) (r) ( ) ( ) J
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (r) (r) ( ) K
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (7) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) L
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) M
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (b) (b) O
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) P
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (J) ( ) (C) (E) ( ) ( ) ( ) Q
(b) (b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) (A) (b) ( ) ( ) (b) R
(b) (b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) ( ) (b) (b) (b) (b) S
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10--11

Caroline (Sky Pilot)

Anna (Star Guide)
HP: 34/34
Int: 9
Spr: 5
Move: 2----1

Jens (Innovator)

Era (Warrior of Time)
Movement: 3----2

Machete Man (1)

Goon (2)

Machete Man (3)

Goon (4)

Machete Man (5)

Goon (6)

Machete Man (7)

Angie Turner (Mechanic)
HP: 55/55
Def: 10
Crit: 2%

(T)urret *Piercing Bullets* G-5

(T)urret *Piercing Bullets* G-7

(T)urret *Piercing Bullets* E-6

(C) - Large Chest (Requires Key)

(b) - Ruined Building

(r) - Large rubble (Blocks ranged attacks)

Player Phase

"Era!" Anna calls before the boy can run off. "Take a moment and look into my telescope. You remember Capricorn, right? Let his hard-working nature empower you to do the same. And make sure that girl is alright." Anna twirls her telescope in hand and shows Era the fat side of it so he can look in and see the constellation. It is a wonder how such a unique magic could be born, but then again, Anna isn't the only one with a unique gift.

Anna casts Capricorn: The Worker on Era! +40% Atk!

Trigger Command: Holla Atcha Gurl now available!

"I don't think we'll have to worry about her," Jens says idly, peering over at the girl behind her fortifications. Bullets won't be able to reach her there so long as she's taking cover behind the walls, but how long will those walls last her? They don't seem very sturdy, despite how well they've been put together. The turrets there also seem to be out of ammo, but it's only a matter of time before the powerful weapons recharge. "But just to be certain, let's make sure we don't get caught in the crossfires." Jens puts his hands in his pockets and puts a little grin on his face. Electricity runs through his arms, he's preparing for the fight.

Jens uses Purpose! Basic Attacks now deal +30% DMG and apply Zap!

Turret Recharge Timer: 0/3 Turns

Caroline hefts her rifle up and takes aim through her scope. The Turner girl seemed to be up to something, her head vanished beneath the wall just moments ago, but Caroline could see a few flashes of white pop up from behind the walls. "Looks like she's working on those turrets now. I agree with Jens, let's not get too ahead of ourselves. She might be in trouble, but she's a wildcard here and doesn't know us." Caroline flicks a switch on her mechanical strap and waits for the two long blades to come out and propel her into the air. She'll take position in the air and assist the others with cover fire for the moment. Not to mention she can actually get across all these rocks with a little more ease.

Caroline hovers forward and aims her rifle at one of Veronica's goonies. He's going to be in for quite the surprise from behind. The incendiary rounds in her rifle fire and sear through the man's back, causing him to yelp in pain and shock. Caroline suppresses a laugh and waits for the next move.

Caroline activates her Piloting! Grants Flight!

Caroline moves to O-8

Caroline attacks 7! 8 Int DMG! Incendiary Lasers active!

EN: 48/50

Turner Hostility: High

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next