Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starscape Voyage

5 posters

Go down

Starscape Voyage Empty Starscape Voyage

Post by Vergil Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:23 pm

In AD 2101 war was beginning.

There have been many tales that speak of alternate universes and realities from our own. One such instance is the universe in which humans had long mastered the technological advances required to traverse galaxies. The human race had expanded and come into contact with several alien lifeforms, all the while reaching the pinnacle of scientific discovery. Despite the progress made in this universe, it would be far from what anyone would call a utopia. Much like our own instance of our own Earth, the concept of war and strife is not a foreign occurrence in this separate reality... the sheer fact that it has spread upon a galactic scale makes it that much worse. Among the warring sides are the Unified Federation, directed by the Galactic Council of Rayteria, and the Imperial Alliance, led by the Royal Court of Alsterion. Both sides are fighting in order to achieve supreme rule over the entire universe, with many lesser factions being prominent forces of influence. There are several tribes of vagabond space pirates who claim no allegiance to any planet nor governing figure, and simply live for the pleasure of gaining wealth through often lethal means. Arms dealers and corporations are also residing influences in the war, as they choose to profit off of it by selling and manufacturing weapons and technology to militant officials. As of this point in time, the Imperial Alliance holds control over the majority of the planets of the Aphelios System, the particular galaxy where this story begins...

April 21, 2015 - 2000 Hours Galactic Standard Time

A howling gale whisks through a grassy field as a white shuttlecraft descends gently onto a designated landing marker near a Federation military base. The vermilion sun is setting into the horizon, bathing against the grand skyline as two figures watch on from inside one of the buildings. One is a woman of slim build and average height, dressed in a white lab coat and glasses with her chestnut colored hair tied in a ponytail. The other is a somewhat taller man, boasting an athletic build with a somewhat lanky figure. He dressed in a dark coat which billowed in the wind at the ends as he walked. His ebon, swept aside hair was paired with brilliant amber eyes, while his well-trimmed beard lined his chin. The craft began to open, revealing four disembarking passengers while the two figures continued to observe. "Eldine, these are the new recruits?" the man inquired, turning over to the woman. "That would be them, Captain," she responded, retrieving a small mechanical device from her coat pocket. The woman known as Eldine proceeded to open the device as if it were rolled parchment and it began to display a holographic screen. She scrolled through the display like one would through a tablet computer and begin reading off the information.

"Our first member is Talia Mooringstar, a promising young woman who graduated from one of the military academies at the top of her class as valedictorian. She received the General's Recommendation Award and is to be your appointed second-in-command," Eldine informed. The man in the dark coat nodded. "Excellent. I look forward to working with her."

"Secondly, we have Violetta Moonwalker, a 'Psyborg' specialized in vessel navigation and flight control. By chance of compatibility algorithms, she was chosen by Mission Command to be a part of your crew." The captain stroked his beard in piqued curiosity. "A Psyborg, you say? HQ must really be going all out just for me. How thoughtful of them."

Eldine continued through the list and introduced the third member. "Up next is Jiang Xuemei, an automaton made for combat and proficiency in various weapons. She will handle the role of our weapons operator. According to my notes, the assembly plant gave me an addendum to her specs which reads, 'During testing, automaton has shown a spike in readings of her Emotions Core Processing Unit when handling explosive weaponry. Handle with care'." The captain stopped his beard-caressing motion in response to the description and paused momentarily before speaking. "That's... reassuring. Who's next?"

Finally reaching the end of her list, Eldine read off the information for their last crew member. "Filling for our engineer will be Larzel Lanier. They say he's a prodigy who graduated from one of the most prestigious scientific institutes a few years ahead of his expected time. Other than that, I don't really have much information on him." The man gestured Eldine to follow him as they headed out the door and began approaching the craft. "A prodigy you say? And he came from one of the top institutes? Were you and him in the same class?" "Negative, captain," Eldine replied. "He appears to have specialized in Nano-Technology Studies and Force Projection Logistics. I left the institute with a doctorate in Vessel Construction and Theory as well as Component Schematics. Larzel may be a prodigy, but I'll have you know my merits are incomparable." Eldine showed off a smirk as she adjusted her glasses. "Don't get ahead of yourself Eldine. Your admittance into the institution was practically handed to you from birth. Your father was the founder of the Ilius Institute, was he not?" the man refuted. The smirk faded within an instant as Eldine shot the man a cold glare. "Shut up, Captain."

At last, the man greeted the arrivals with a salute, and with a loud, clear voice introduced himself. "Good evening, recruits! I congratulate you on all your academic accolades and all your strides in your respective fields. As you may have already known, the Unified Federation has selected you to fight alongside each other against all threats to the Galactic Council and our great colonies. My name is Captain Rasmus Stalheardth, and I will be your leader as we voyage into the deep vastness of space, combating those that side with the Alliance's forces. Right next to me is Eldine Vyarla, our dedicated scientist and research analyst. Before I guide you all to the hangar and officially embark on our mission, I would like you all to state your name, whichever academy, institute, or assembly plant you hail from, and any special honorifics about yourself you would like to mention. This would also be a capital time to voice any comments, questions, or concerns you have thus far. Alright, don't be shy. I don't care in what particular order I get to know you all."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Starscape Voyage Empty Re: Starscape Voyage

Post by Zerifachias Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:53 pm

The sensors on her plating reacted at the touch of the wind, just as a human's skin would. Or so she was informed. Violetta Moonwalker was not human, so how would she know? She certainly didn't care for it, though the change in sensations was intriguing to her. She committed the feeling to memory so she could remember what the air felt like. Beside her on either side were a few others that she went in already knowing the names of. Everything necessary was already downloaded into her memory.

Their captain's name as well as the scientist's were recorded in her memory as well. Now she had a face to attach to the memory. A quick blink of her glowing cyan eyes and she saved a picture of him in her memory. She did the same for the scientist. They would be important to remember. For now though, there were more introductions to be made. After half a second of processing information, Violetta stepped forward, the plating that covered her body reflecting the light of the sun, giving of a positive shine. The countless number of strands that fell from her head like hair were short, but were also a source of power for her. All of it was electrically charged and kept the numerous batteries within her fully charges using the energy in the air around her. She was a fully-functioning Psyborg, after all. No maintenance required.

She moved flawlessly, without a single indication that she might be a cybernetic unit, but she curtsied so smoothly and perfectly that she couldn't be human. "V-M00W4LK reporting in, Captain. The ones who created me called me Violetta Moonwalker to make me appear more human, but my serial number remains the same." Her voice was a constant tone, clear, precise, and very easy to understand. "I was constructed on Planet Z-S11 as a prototype before given many upgrades here. I have been instructed that you are my master now, so it is you I will serve."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:29 pm

The breeze tossed her bright orange hair lightly, caressing her with its feathery soothing touch. A dainty hand reached to fix the mess it had made; the fingers, though small, moved purposefully and determinedly before the hand resettled at its original place on her hip. No longer messy. Perfectly poised and clean. Now came the moment that she had been waiting for since her graduation. The girl allowed herself the slightest smile for a moment before her lips reshaped into her usual fierce stoic.

Talia Mooringstar nodded politely to her commander as she and the other recruits approached. So this was the renowned Captain Rasmus Stalheardth! To say that she, herself, was not swayed by his impressive composure would have been a lie; her new commander certainly had a natural charm to him and she could not deny that it had already begun to affect her. She offered those thoughts no further probing, however, for it would be completely unprofessional to pursue anything for the moment. Perhaps if they bonded... but then she was getting ahead of herself. Business came first.

The Psyborg to her left stepped forward first to make introductions. As expected, the remark was fairly short and to the point. Sweet and simple. Talia nodded. Violetta Moonwalker––it was a fitting name for the cybernetic girl. Committing it to memory, the Enforcer allowed a moment for either of the others to make a motion to speak before stepping forward herself.

"My name is Talia Mooringstar. I recently graduated from the Kain Military Academy on Cyneth at the top of my class. I am Kain's 2015 recipient of the Viera Blackthorne Wings of Honor for my work both in and out of the academy." At this she turned her amber-colored eyes directly the Captain, unable to hold back the slightest twitch upward of her lips. "As your Second-in-Command, Captain Stalheardth, I look forward to serving you."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:49 pm

The final stage of the journey had finally been entered.  It hadn't been too long of one; space travel had been improved so much that no one would think twice about it.  It had become such a normalcy that now the whole universe was being torn apart, and he, Larzel Lanier, was going to be playing on the side of the Unified Federation.  He had been chosen to join a crew that would be fighting the Imperial Alliance that threatened to gain control of the entire universe, and he was sure they'd run into other unaffiliated unruly beings on their missions.  All had to be put to a stop and he was honored to have been hand chosen, though it wasn't a surprise that he had been.  Larzel was a brilliant mind and pursued the path of engineering focusing in defensive constructions and the like at his institute of study not to mention all of the extracurricular work in which he was involved.  Yes, there was no doubt that he would be chosen.  The young man smiled to himself, eyes closed in glee as he felt the ship began to descend.  They were landing close to a Federation base on the planet Ilius.  He had always been curious about what Ilius looked like in person.  The pictures were gorgeous for the most part; it made him want to see it all the more.

The breeze was so gentle, like a calm before a great storm.  But the skies were clear this day, and Larzel gazed up on them with his grayish-blue eyes.  Looked like the sun was setting; what a shame.  In the distance stood two people.  These would be the ones: the captain and...whatever the other one happened to be.  Larzel wasn't quite sure but he came to a stop in front of them with the others.  The captain ordered them to introduce themselves and state their merits.  Violetta wasted no time, granted she didn't waste time for much.  Being the being that she was, it must have been in her directive to be highly responsive.  It was impressive.  She would prove to be a valuable member of the crew, granted all of his future allies had special things about them that made them great assets to have. The second-in-command-to-be stepped forth as well and delivered her introduction. It seemed she had been awarded honors as well. Whoever picked them all out did some research.

Larzel stepped forward now. His shoulder-length white hair was being blown about by the wind--it was sure to be a mess by the time this was over but now was not the time to worry about such vain things. Standing there in the setting sun with his tight blue engineering suit protected by his yellow steel plated vest and pants, he saluted the captain. He cut an impressive figure and he sounded like a natural born leader. "I am Larzel Lanier. I studied at the Reis Institute of Defense Applications where I graduated after only a couple years of study having completed all necessary courses with the proper grades on top of my numerous extracurricular work for which I received the Gifted Hand Award, a great boon to any engineer's resume. After I graduated, I attained an apprenticeship at Cortellus Nano and Macro Techniks Headquarters, the leading company in non-standard size technology. I was offered a job there but declined when I learned that I had been chosen for this mission. I eagerly await the chance for us to truly make an impact on this universe and protect it." He bowed his head in conclusion and stepped back. He hoped that was a good enough introduction.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:46 pm

Xuemei's face had been firmly planted on the window of the spacecraft as they landed, large red eyes curiously darting this way and that. She could hardly contain herself, bouncing up and down with a wide grin on her face like a overly excited little girl going on her first field trip. And she may as well have been, if not for the very conspicuous rifle strapped to her back. It seemed entirely out of place, for such a small child to be carrying a dangerous weapon, however the way she moved as she scampered off the shuttle made it clear that she was used to carrying it. The bulky weapon didn't seem to get in her way at all.

Her eyes shifted between their would-be captain and the other three that had introduced themselves before raising her arm up. "Ooh! Me! Me me me!" She called out, waving her arm in the air until all eyes were on her, "My name is Jiang Xuemei, but everyone calls me Xiaoxue. Uhm, I was created by the company Red Star as a...um..." The girl paused, unable to find the word as she tried to recall what the people in the labs called her. "A...combat automaton! I don't really understand what that word means, only that my job here is to control the weapons, yes?" At the mention of weapons, there was a glimmer in her eyes, "I think...that's it!"
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 pm

"A pleasure to meet you, Violetta," Rasmus responded to the Psyborg as he momentarily watched the glow of her eyes. "I'm sure you'll make a fine addition to the team, but please... There's no need to see this as a servitude-based relationship. You don't have a script or restraining protocol in your programming that restricts free will and thought, do you? If so, I give you permission to deactivate it. I'm not running that tight a ship here, and I'd prefer a little more... personality in my crewmates." Eldine raised an eyebrow in skepticism. "Captain, I don't think that's a good idea. Even though artificial intelligence has long been improved with loyalty failsafes, they are not without their own margin of error an-" Before she could finish her protest, Rasmus waved his hand in dismissal. "There's also the consequences of being held back by limitations, Eldine. Now, I'm the captain and I give Violetta here the permission to deactivate any restraining protocols on her free will." Eldine sighed as she retrieved her holographic displayer and made a note to herself within it.

Rasmus turned his attention to his now-appointed officer. "So you're the one the general himself sent my way, are you?" he addressed her as he shook her hand. "I guess that means you'll be watching me in action more than Eldine here. You're in for quite a spectacle, there's a number of tricks I picked up stationed at the Yira Outposts a few years back that I'm sure will impress any aspiring cadet. I have no doubt that there might be something you'd be able to show off to me as well."

He then shook the hand of the engineer. "So you're the wiz kid I've been hearing about, are you now? Though I'm a little concerned someone as young as you are putting your future and your life at risk for the sake of the cause, I am at the same time grateful to have a bright young man of your caliber working with us. Don't worry, as soon as this war's over we'll send you home with enough score* that you'll never need to find work. Thank goodness in this job market, right?"

* - Score is the universally accepted currency in the known galaxies

Finally, Rasmus turned to the combat automaton. "Ah... Xiaoxue, huh? Looks like you'll be the one operating our ship's weaponry then. I could think of... no better person... to handle the job," Rasmus gritted his teeth with a foreboding sense of uneasiness. He shifted his face over to Eldine and cupped his mouth with his hand to direct a whisper to her inaudible to the others. "Keep an eye on this one, Eldine. She might be defective." After clearing his throat, he addressed the entire crew. "Now that we're all acquainted, let's not waste any time getting to the ship, yes? If you will, follow me to the hangar.

The group was led through the military building, passing several offices on the way. The walls and flooring was designed with a sleek white paneling, completely spotless and decorated with several holographic ferns. Each door had a dialing pad for entry with a card reader, while the more important-looking rooms had an additional reticle scanner installed for extra security. At last the crew was brought into the enormous hangar, which was assumed to be as wide as several neighborhood blocks. A single, colossal craft stood in the very center. "There she is, crew," Rasmus pointed. "Let me introduce you to one of the finest battleships the Federation has to offer. The Pulsar Epsilon comes with high-grade reinforced steel, a Type-Three Adaptability weapons bay, Heavy Photon Injector engines, and a Class-C shield generator. On the inside the Pulsar Epsilon comes with a variety of facilities which include but are not limited to its own food commissary, briefing room, training hall, laboratory, crew cabins, medical bay, and my favorite where all the action happens: the command deck. Speaking of action, before we launch ourselves into the great star system itself, I'd like to run a combat simulator program to make sure you are all capable of surviving this mission. We're going to be in this for the long haul after all, and although I am confident that all your talents are worth more than the plaques and diplomas that boast them, I would still like a little assurance in how well you will all perform out in the battlefield. Any further questions or are we ready?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Violetta paused for half a second, processing the information quickly as her system was able to. Programs that inhibited free will? No such program existed in her system. There was a program that was deactivated which allowed her to analyze situations and come up with the solution with the highest percentage chance of success. She was instructed to keep it deactivated until the moment where no other human was nearby, or if a human nearby was under critical condition and could not make quick decisions.

Violetta was about to speak again, but immediately stopped once she saw her captain move on to another who had introduced herself. It was against her coding to speak when humans around her were speaking, and she would never speak to a human unless spoken to first. It was in her coding. She couldn't deactivate it even if she wanted to. If the captain wanted her to have this "free will," he would have to install it into her coding first.

At the moment when they reached the ship, Violetta immediately knew exactly what model it was and what the specs were on the flight system. She would be able to fly this ship very easily. Throughout several of her test runs when the scientists whom were in charge of her flight pattern coding, she showed in every instance a perfect score for stable flight, landing, and maneuverability.

As for combat, Violetta kept tabs on her system and waited for the moment when her captain said it was time to begin. She would activate her combat form as soon as he did.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:25 pm

This captain...he was really something else. The amount of charisma he possessed was unreal. There was no doubt that he was perfect for the position that he held. Larzel tried not to blush when the captain shook his hand. He had a strong, firm grip, and Larzel made sure to match that as best he could. Couldn't have the captain thinking he was soft because when push came to shove, Larzel was a force to be reckoned with. Regardless, the introductions were complete but there was one more thing on the agenda before they could truly take off. Larzel followed the captain with the others into the military building. It looked about as it should, and when they reached the hangar, Larzel gaped as he let his eyes take in every inch of the Pulsar Epsilon. It was a beautiful vessel; he would have to make sure he put his abilities to good use to prevent it from taking much damage, and when it did, he would care for it as if it were a person. It would be in good hands when it came to repairs and maintenance.

Larzel had to reign himself in when the captain asked if there were any questions. Some combat practice before takeoff? It sounded good to him. "Nope, no questions or concerns from me. I'm up for a little challenge," he spoke confidently. He was definitely aware that the dangers in space were going to be far more frightening than any practice, but he was prepared to face them nonetheless.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:29 pm

A blush. Talia bit down on the inside of her cheek harshly. The captain's praises had landed on her and she could feel the slightest bit of her swoon––the man certainly had the charisma to effectively navigate social situations. But this was business! She could not allow herself to behave unprofessionally. This was her livelihood; this was her dream; everything she had been training for up until this very moment was on the line and she would be the greatest woman scorned if she managed to tarnish her good name within these brief moments! Instead, she allowed herself to smile and nodded.

The group then ventured into the hangar where they were greeted by the sight of their vessel: The Pulsar Epsilon. Talia hummed appreciatively as her boss went into detail about the ship and the elements that made it up. Talia's amber hues fell to Larzel. She knew his reaction would likely be the most telling; while she appreciated the components for what they were, she lacked the knowledge of the quality. True, the Federation would not skimp on this job, but the officer felt justified in seeing the delight on the engineer's visage. That made her quite confident for the journey to come.

"No complaints, sir," she added smoothly, hand falling to the hilt on her hip. A battle simulation. She smiled determinedly. Now would be her chance to shine.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Xuemei scratched the back of her head bashfully, she had been complimented. Now all that was missing was one of the people in lab coats petting her head and it would be almost like home, almost. It still felt different. The faintly glowing red eyes shifted to the scientist, then back to the captain once more as he led them on a tour of the building.

The look of the building was definitely different than from home. The way everything was shaped, the metallic walls and floor. Every hallway looked exactly the same, and she would've easily been lost if not for the captain leading the way. Her eyes widened when their spacecraft came into view. The android darted past the captain and began circling the ship filled with excitement like a child about to open a present. This was it, a real battleship where she would be trusted with the weapons. No form of training or simulation could ever compare to the real thing, and she felt like she would explode just thinking about it.

Her attention however, immediately shifted from the ship when the captain mentioned simulated combat. A wide grin spread across her face and she scampered back to the group. "Ooh, I love blowing stuff up! When do we start?"
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat May 02, 2015 9:24 pm

"All raring to go, are we?" Rasmus remarked, somewhat impressed by his new crew. "Very well! However I assure you this won't be an easy task; the simulation was designed to emulate the most relentless soldiers. Eldine, initiate the program." The scientist complied to the order, and clicked a switch on her pen. A compartment from the top of the Pulsar Epsilon opened up, revealing an orb-shaped device which began to hover and float over to the crew as Eldine directed its movement from her pen. The orb emitted a wave of infrared light, scanning each member before moving itself to the center of the hangar where it remained suspended. "I will begin loading the fifteenth scenario of the program list utilizing five simulants," Eldine announced. "I assure you this simulation is completely safe and will in no way produce lethal force. You may however, feel a certain sensation upon being hit by a simulant that will resemble pain. This is merely the program creating a psychosomatic effect in order to make combat more realistic... you will only think you are feeling pain."

Eldine retrieved the device that she had been using earlier to write down notes, called the "holopad". Scrolling through the contents, she began typing away at intangible keys to start the simulation. Four entities that appeared to be cybernetic soldiers materialized before the crew and drew out their weapons. A concerned look came over Eldine's face as an error had occurred according to her clipboard. "This... this is odd. Something's wrong," she stated. Rasmus turned over to her to address the issue. "Well, out with it!" he pressed. "Training Simulant Mk-I Type-C is not appearing even though the program has stated that it successfully loaded. I can't seem to detect the simulant anywhere... and it's even vanished from the database. This has never happened before despite the many times I've run this scenario... I don't understand." Rasmus merely shrugged. "I guess our team is just going to have to settle for an easier challenge then without it. You can run diagnostics on your machine later, Eldine, but I'm just itching to see what my crew is capable of. Order the simulants to engage."

"...Yes, captain."

Mission 01: It's Just a Simulation

Objective: Defeat all simulants.

Atmosphere: None.

Achievement: Oppressed Patriotism - Defeat Training Simulant Type-A before it can use Insignia of Rayteria

Music: Basic Training
Spoiler:

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } {1} {2} {3} { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } {R} { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8

Enemy Party:

Player Party:

Players may start in Rows G-H
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 03, 2015 7:39 pm

Larzel starts in H4.

S-Ability Scatter Nanobots activates!

There appeared to be something wrong with this particular simulation--a lacking enemy. Well, he wanted to see their combat prowess, and this should certainly suffice. Taking out a small metal sphere, Larzel hurled it at the floor where it shattered into microscopic pieces. Little did anyone know, nanobots were beginning rapid air travel towards not only the enemies, but his allies as well. They were what he would utilize to harm his foes...at least at some point. He had not perfected his detonation trigger, and he was still studying biochemical interactions that his nanobots could have with his allies' internal structures such that he could possibly repair their injuries. Internal organs regenerated. Blood clotting faster for flesh wounds. Tissue creation and muscle rejuvenation. Enhanced physical capabilities. And then there was his secret project...

Now was not the time to think about that. The secret project had been puzzling Larzel for some time even though the concept was so simple. He could not pull it off with out severely harming himself. He would have to put some serious effort into it if he wanted it to be a success. For now, he would make do with the tools he had. He pulled out his wrench, a model that was supposedly meant to synch with the brain waves of the user for higher efficiency but this particular one had long since lost that capability. It was still rather functional though. It would be functional enough to bash a simulated bogey in the head with, that was for certain.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon May 04, 2015 7:40 pm

Violetta starts in G-4

Violetta stood in a spot directly next to her captain. If there was to be a battle, then she would have to activate her combat mode. A simple electric switch was pressed somewhere inside her, and a static discharge went off, each of her hairs suddenly standing up on end as her eyes turned in their sockets and revealed two bright red irises that not only looked beautiful, but extremely intimidating as well. Violetta's hair fell back onto her head, but the static charging around her entire body did not stop.

"Combat Mode activated, engaging hostiles." Violetta droned in her common, personality-absent voice. "Permission to use lethal force?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Talia starts at G5!

The enforcer reached for the handle of her blade, drawing it with a sweeping motion that caused the weapon to activate. Instantly a perfect beam of orange energy sprouted from the hilt and shaped itself into a blade of pure light. "Ready when you are," Talia stated, nodding toward the captain. As soon as he gave the order to go, she would spring into action and show him what she was really made of.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun May 10, 2015 12:05 am

Xuemei starts at cell G-6

The combat automaton's eyes flashed quickly and she reached to retrieve the rifle behind her, doing so in such a fluid motion that it looked as if she'd done the same thing a thousand times before. The rifle however looked slightly different, with a barrel much too wide for any kind of regular bullet. It wouldn't take much of an imagination to figure out what the ammunition was however, as a compartment opened up on Xuemei's wrist, a round, metal object popping out a pin sticking out from it.

Her eyes shifted to the tightly packed group of automatons. Sure they said those were simulations, but the thought of even sending one of her grenades into that tight group. She couldn't wait to get started.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon May 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Achievement: Oppressed Patriotism - Defeat Training Simulant Type-A before it can use Insignia of Rayteria

Spoiler:

{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } {R} {V} {T} {X} { } { } G
{ } { } { } {L} { } { } { } { } H

Enemy Party:

Player Party:

Player Phase 1

"Permission granted," Rasmus issued to Violetta as he slipped his fingers into his coat and pulled out a metallic grip. Squeezing his hold, the grip responded by protruding a beam of pure energy in the form of a large trowel blade. "I want you all to treat these simulants as if they were actual Imperials. Show no mercy!" The tribulations of combat was something Rasmus was used to for a long time. He had been desensitized to the visions of horror that vexed enemies and allies alike, and slept every night knowing he took lives in his own hands. The new recruits however were kids not too long ago, just setting out into the infinite galaxy. Rasmus wondered to himself if they would be ready for all the bloodshed, the pain, and the endless fighting... war aged people in cruel ways; it was probably easier for the automatons. No matter how well they did in the academies, the institutions, or the factories, a simple pen and paper test was no substitute for the real thing.

His attention became directed at the simulants that readied themselves for the battle. The simulation routine called for an opposing team that was well coordinated and in tune with their strategies; his team would have to be the same if they wanted to succeed. Leading the charge, Rasmus ran forward, the dragging air resistance against his speed brushed through his hair and coat causing them to waver majestically as he came within reach of his target for his attack.

Rasmus moves to D-3.
Rasmus attacks Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (1)! 5 ATK Dmg!
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue May 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Larzel moves to F4.

Larzel didn't waste any time in moving forward. The captain had led the charge so they had no choice but to back him up as his new crew. Besides, his display was inspirational. Larzel wasn't nervous or afraid in the first place, but he found himself even more confident than before. Reaching into his pocket, he retrieved something that looked like a grenade. This was no explosive, however. Pulling the pin and tossing it into the midst of the foes, the grenade did nothing for a few moments before making a strange fizzing noise. Acrid black smoke began to spew out of the shell, completely surrounding the simulants. The smoke was laced with nanobots that entered the body like the initial bout, though the more nanobots that entered the system, the heavier the affected would be making it difficult to move and function. That was his plan for now.

Larzel uses Smoke Bomb I on Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (2)! Affects all the other Simulants! [Target Hit Rate -15%][Target Impaired]

MP: 17/25
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue May 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Talia moves to D5!

Talia's sheer presence causes A and 3 to falter! -10% Atk and Int so long as they remain in adjacent cells!

Talia uses Dancing Blade on A! 4 Hits! 5 Atk Damage per hit!
Remaining MP: 15/20

"Yes sir," Talia replied immediately, following his lead and charging into the fray. The very moment she approached them, the simulants gave off the slightest shudder––the enforcer smiled confidently and brandished her blade. Even these programs could fear her to some degree. A flash. She darted in and out of the blade-wielding simulant's immediate grasp, slashing it up several times before returning to a spot very near it and another foe. "That's just the beginning," she muttered quietly.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 13, 2015 6:20 pm

It took only half a second of processing before Violetta raised her hands up and charged up a small sphere of energy. Her hair stood up on end as all the energy within her battery began to overflow from within her. Without another second of hesitation, Violetta sent the sphere of condensed energy into the midst of the enemy units, hitting the one in the very center first. The energy that Violetta spent splashed out after, affecting the other units somewhat.

Violetta attacks the Blader Hologram! 6 Int DMG!

Violetta's attack hits the other three enemies! 4 Int DMG!

After the attack, Violetta's body was still discharging electricity. Her eyes swiveled around to watch the others move, processing all the information around her in les than seconds. Her body was built efficiently to perform efficiently, without wasting power. Everything she did had purpose, and the energy she spent was effectively used.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Wed May 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Xuemei moves to cell F-6

There was a soft clink as Xuemei loaded her weapon, falling to one knee for support and angling the barrel upwards. Her hands quivering with excitement seemed to immediately steady themselves when she took position and she fired instantly, not even taking a fraction of a second to aim her shot. The small round object flew through the air and dropped right on the head of the center sniper with a clank then rolling off in front of it before detonating, covering the area in smoke and drawing up small pieces of debris. The sight elicited an excited squeal from the robot who was now happily jumping up and down.

Xuemei uses Grenadier on cell C-4. Hits 2 for 7 ATK Dmg. Hits 1, 3, and A for 4 ATK Dmg
MP: 19/25
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu May 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (1) takes 1 Dmg! (Rasmus)

Enemy Party gains stack of Impair! (Larzel)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-A takes 1 Dmg! (Talia)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-A takes 2 Dmg! Critical Hit! (Talia)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-A takes 4 Dmg! (Violetta)

Enemy Party excluding Training Simulant Mk-I Type-A takes 1 Dmg! (Violetta)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (2) takes 4 Dmg! (Xuemei)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (1) takes 1 Dmg! (Xuemei)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (3) takes 1 Dmg! (Xuemei)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-A takes 1 Dmg! (Xuemei)

Spoiler:

{ } { } {R} {A} {T} { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } {L} { } {X} { } { } F
{ } { } { } {V} { } { } { } { } G

Enemy Phase 1

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-A uses Shadowfencer Script! (12/20 MP)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (1) uses Marksman Script! +1 ATK and basic attack count! (13/20 MP)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (2) uses Marksman Script! +1 ATK and basic attack count! (13/20 MP)

Training Simulant Mk-I Type-B (3) uses Marksman Script! +1 ATK and basic attack count! (13/20 MP)

{ } { } {R} {A} {T} { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } {L} { } {X} { } { } F
{ } { } { } {V} { } { } { } { } G

Enemy Party:

Player Party:

Player Phase 2

The simulants imitated staggering upon impact of the attacks they were hit with, and did not retaliate. Each one had a glow light up on their visors, as an image of scrolling programming text hovered by them. They had not even moved yet and their directives and tactics had already changed, a testament to how adaptive the training program was in its sophistication. Once they would finally decide to attack there was no doubt it was going to be painful... or at least simulated to be painful.

Rasmus knew he had to act quickly before the snipers unleashed their barrage, however his team showed particular bias for the pink simulant... for no apparent reason. Since the blader was already weakened by the focus, it was more reasonable to get rid of it to sooner drop the enemy numbers. He tightened his grip on his weapon and turned at the blader, and with a heavy lunge he decked the simulant with brutal force, planting the blade through its image. "Keep up the assault. Do not relent!"

Rasmus uses Rhino Stampede on Training Simulant Mk-I Type-A! 7 ATK Dmg!

MP: 14/20
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat May 16, 2015 3:05 pm

The enemy group had not broken formation. That was extremely foolish, but then again it was only a simulation. Any living, thinking beings would have split up as soon as they realized such an area of effect attack could be utilized against them. But battles were psychological wars just as much as they were physical. He could easily split a group up for a trap using their thinking process against them, and even if they saw through it, they would be punished even more by staying packed together. He was looking forward to seeing how the synergy between him and his new crewmates would grow. For now, he had to keep pressing on the enemies, just as Rasmus had said. Now was certainly not the time to relent. Taking another grenade, Larzel tossed it right into the heart of the enemies where it began to leak smoke that added to the previous smoke cloud, lowering vision and adding more nanobots to their systems.

Larzel uses Smoke Bomb I on Training Simulant Mk-1 Type-B (2)! Affects all other Simulants! [Target Hit Rate -15%][Target Impaired]

MP: 9/25

Larzel waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon May 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Violetta didn't so much as twitch after her discharge. She still had a good deal of energy left in her system. Actually, that little discharge may have charged her battery up a little more with how the receivers in the strands of her hair worked and absorbed energy. Those same strands began to stand up on their ends again as Violetta pulled her hands together once more in a similar fashion. Everything about how she moved was predictable, and perhaps that was a bad thing. Or, perhaps it ensured that everything she did was exact. There would be no errors.

Violetta sent another charged blast at the same target as before, the energy exploding and affecting the other simulations around the one. It did not seem to do very much damage to them, but Violette was not concerned with that. When she attacked something, anything in the radius would be affected by it.

Violetta attacks the Blader Hologram! 6 Int DMG!

Violetta's attack hits the other three enemies! 4 Int DMG!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Talia uses Dancing Blade on A! 4 Hits! 5 Atk Damage per hit!
Remaining MP: 10/20

With her commander and Violetta's attacks combined, she could potentially finished the blade-wielding hologram. That alone would severely hamper their opposition––give their side an even bigger numbers disadvantage. Moving swiftly, Talia once again darted in and out of the hologram's immediate vicinity landing a series of quick slashes. It perfectly copied her previous assault and she seemed content to keep going, but pulled back into a defensive position.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down