Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana

4 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 3 Empty Re: Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana

Post by Zerifachias Sat May 23, 2015 7:59 pm

"No, you're wrong," Netta seemed very adamant about it. Her brow furrowed and she had a determined expression painted across her face. "You want to live in a cage? That's unnatural! Besides, it's only dangerous in the wild if you don't know what I know or you don't have control over even the simple senses. Can you smell the trail a honeybee makes to and from the hive? I can. Can you see the markings of bears on trees both standing and fallen and understand that is their territory? I can. Can you hear the sound of a hummingbird's wings three hundred feet away? I can. I bet you don't even know how to scale a tree, let alone discriminate between poisonous and non-poisonous flora!" Netta crossed her arms over her chest, small as it was. She leaned her body forward a little bit, the bow and quiver on her back plain to see. The quiver was full of arrows that were light and thin, with sharpened monster teeth for arrowheads, some of which were barbed or serrated. They definitely looked painful.

"Give it a try, he says," Netta mocked, returning to her childish self. "So I can become more like you? Deaf and blind and..." Netta sniffed the air, "eugh. You smell like oil and piss. I don't want that!"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 3 Empty Re: Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana

Post by Masquerade Sat May 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Claire was getting fed up with this. She was feeling tired and after all that had happened today, this was the last thing she wanted to deal with. She was risking her own life trying to save these people but this one apparently would rather die than sleep in a house. She placed a few fingers on her temple as a headache began to form. Where was the logic? Ooo, she could hear a hummingbird's wings but couldn't rationalize this simple fact? So what? Enough was enough.

"Listen, you might know the nature of your world, but this one is very different. You know nothing about the Marsh Shamblers. The habits and behaviors of Masked Vipers. Whether its the Sharline or Carratross eagles that you need to avoid. And you don't know what a single bite of the Acuatl Stem Clinger can do to you, or how to medicate yourself in the case of an attack, or even worse, a swarm. The nature of Lyreth is NOT your home. The only home you have is the one I'm offering you, and you can either take it or leave it," she fumed, trying to keep her calm but firmly make her point which she figured she had. This was a whole different ball game. There weren't just wild animals here; there were monsters capable of extraordinary feats using their own Spirit energy. In her own world she probably did very well in the woodlands, but the Acuatl Marsh was not in her world, nor was it woodlands.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat May 23, 2015 8:26 pm

Netta pressed her lips together until they formed a little line. She didn't like the idea of staying here, but it really was her only choice. She could complain all she wanted, but it wouldn't solve her problems. Netta knew her mother would have scolded her for that as well. Her mother and Claire were similar in that respect, at least. Netta hung her head and shuffled her feet in place, abashed. "I'm sorry. For being childish." Netta glanced up at Wolfgang for a moment. "Sorry," she said to him, then looked away.

"I'll try."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat May 23, 2015 9:21 pm

A sigh of relief had permeated the air. Claire's heart slowed its beating as her anger subsided and she abandoned the stern tone she was forced to adopt due to this girl's tantrum. It seemed as though Netta had come to her senses. Would it be pleasant for her? Most likely not, but it was definitely safer. It made Claire happy that Netta saw reason. "Good, I'm glad to hear it," Claire said with a soft smile before waving the others indicating for them to follow her up to the second floor. They ascended and came out into a corridor. A couple of electric lamps burned on the walls shedding light down the short passage which seemed to circle around. Claire walked down and opened the first door on the left.

"This room will be for you, Nastasia." Inside, there was a room with walls that were painted quite whimsically. The white canvas of them were covered in enchanting swirls of blues, pinks, and violets. Warmer colors like oranges and reds kissed the borders of the other paint marks and the baseboards which were a solid black. The room was well-furnished: a bed with a solid violet comforter and large pillow with a matching violet pillowcase, a dark wood nightstand that was polished to perfection and free of nicks and scratches, a wooden dresser to match, and a desk that was covered with painting supplies and the wood itself was splashed with random paint marks. "This...is my acquaintance's doing. He used to be into the visual arts but decided to move on to the culinary arts. He comes in here every once in a while to draw or paint, but you can use this room as your own. You have your own personal bathroom complete with shower, tub, toilet, and sink. The toiletries stocked in it are free for your use until you purchase your own."

Claire took the remaining others and continued to stroll down the hall a short ways. She stopped by the the first door on the right. "This door is locked and shall remain so." That said, she moved on to the second door on the left and opened it.

"This one will be yours, Wolfgang." The room was painted a calming dark gray. The baseboards were still solid black but there was a sobering feel in this room. It had the same furnishings as Nastasia's room, save the dresser had quite a few more drawers and a glass display case that was empty. The desk in Wolfgang's room was also paint-free and came with a desk lamp that was akin to the one Claire had downstairs save for it was gray in color and had a gray lampshade. There was also a bookcase devoid of books in the corner next to the window where light grey curtains remained perfectly still. "This is just a guest room we maintain. It also has a personal bathroom."

With Wolfgang deposited, all that was left was Netta. They went around the corner and down a hall with no doors, then turned right to reach the hall opposite the one they arrived in. There was only one door and then a stairway leading up. Claire opened the door to reveal a much more lighthearted room than Wolfgang's. It had beige walls with intricate, sharp black designs like random curls and music notes expertly painted on the walls as if Claire had commissioned someone to do that interior work. The bed was on the smaller side and had a dark forest green comforter set. The carpet was soft to the touch and just as beige as the walls. All the other furnishings such as a large nightstand with a dandelion colored lamp with a white lampshade and the bookshelf on the wall opposite of it were a light wood color, more natural looking. There was also a window with blinds and dark green curtains. There was a small music box on the wooden desk. It was white with blue designs swirling on it. Claire entered the room and opened it revealing a cute little frog with a goofy grin, webbed hand in the air as if belting out an aria. A sweet and gentle tone played from it and Claire was silent for the longest time before she closed it.

"This will be Netta's room. It might not be filled with trees and the sounds of nature, but I hope it will do until I can find a way to get you back home." She strolled to the doorway and placed a hand on the door frame. "My room and my acquaintance's room are upstairs along with the library and rooftop access stairwell, both of which aren't locked. Just be careful on the roof; my garden is up there. Any questions before I retire? I figured the others could take care of themselves, but I worry about you."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 25, 2015 9:06 pm

When Claire dropped her off in the brightly colored room, Nastasia almost immediately flopped on the bed with a heavy exhale. She could not help the smile that appeared on her face. Despite every fiber of her being wanting to both sleep and continue rationalizing the best course of action toward her given situation, she simply had to smile. The bed was soft and, to her great fortune, the room itself seemed to calm her in a way nothing else in this world––save maybe her hostess––could. The young manager glanced at the nightstand, then the desk, and finally looked at the dresser. Perhaps she could get used to all this? It certainly felt more comfortable than the inn!

Nonsense, she scolded herself mentally, forcing herself back to her feet. She shuffled over to the dresser and opened one of the drawers. It'll do for now, she continued, glancing over to the door before swiftly closing it and returning to the dresser. "But no longer," she verbalized, the look on her face betraying the bite to her words. She, however, ignored the feelings that began to throb in her chest––she sucked in a deep breath and snapped her fingers. A splash of colorful energy swirled around her, wrapping its ribbon-like embrace around her clothing before swirling off and into the palm of her hand. When it had moved, Nastasia stood in naught but her undergarments and shoes; she quickly removed the latter and set them by the dresser before folding her "uniform" and placing it in the dresser drawer.

Normally she would have changed into something else––her sleeping in her clothes never happened except for that one time yesterday!––but there was nothing in any of the other drawers. She sighed, returning to the bed. Looking through that subscription might be a good idea, she thought, pulling back the comforter. She nodded and got in bed. Yes, that would be in her best interest––she would figure it all out in the morning.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu May 28, 2015 2:20 am

Hearing that he smelled like oil and piss wasn't the worst thing a woman ever said to Wolfgang, or anyone in general for that matter. Netta was throwing a fit, and Wolfgang wasn't in any mood to play a babysitter. If she didn't want to cooperate, then Wolfgang was done trying. Claire finally snapped back and asserted an ultimatum for Netta to either get with the program or get out, and it looked like Netta responded better to being yelled at as opposed to Wolfgang trying to put things in perspective. He would remember that.

At last, Claire was going to show the group to where they would be spending the night, and not a moment too soon. Wolfgang had been considering just crashing on the couch, as it wasn't like he slept in less comfortable places before. They followed Claire up the corridor and stopped at the first room designated for Nastasia. It was a colorful room that was apparently painted on by some art school dropout. Next was the room meant for Wolfgang, a space that seemed so deliberately and unapologetically gray and bland. It wasn't that he was complaining, but rather the uncanny sensation that he had been to such a dreary and monotonous-looking place before. Why is it like this? Wolfgang thought to himself. And why does it seem so familiar? There were no such places back in Paragon similar to the room, however he just could not shake the feeling that was eating away at him. "Well... good night," he bid the other two as he shut the door behind him.

He kicked off his boots, tossed his vest off to the side, and threw himself onto the bed. It had been so long since he was able to sleep in a bed as comfortable as this one, especially since it didn't smell like dead rats and lacked mysterious stains. With any luck, the shower wouldn't drench him with sewer sludge either. In the morning he would finally be able to groom himself and tend to his hygiene, a luxury that almost had been extinct for him. First thing in the morning after a shower and a shave, he would look for work.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu May 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Netta blinked a few times, stepping into the room that was to be hers a little tentatively. She paused a moment, then slipped her feet out of her boots and tested the carpet beneath her. It was soft, but not quite as soft as the forest grass she was accustomed to. Everything else was different from her forest as well, though someone had tried to make it give the same feel as a forest. Netta wasn't impressed, but it was better than sleeping out in the streets. She probably could survive in the marsh, she knew how to make herself disappear. But she didn't want to make Claire angry again, so she said nothing.

"I'm okay," Netta murmured, glancing back at Claire. She had mentioned a garden on the roof, and though Netta didn't exactly know what a roof was, she found herself curious. She said nothing, however, and instead sat herself on the bed provided to her. It was soft, much softer than her bed of leaves from the forest, but it didn't have the same scent of maple that her bed did. Which was a little bit of a shame. "I'm just scared is all."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu May 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Claire nodded and turned away from the girl, placing her hand on the side of the doorway. "Who wouldn't be scared? It takes a brave soul to be displaced from their home world and be completely unafraid. Humans are typically afraid of what they do not know, but as you grow to know this place, perhaps you won't be so afraid anymore," the woman said softly and closed her eyes. "If you ever need to talk, don't hesitate to come to me. Perhaps I can show you my garden tomorrow. I have a feeling you would like it. In a city of steel, the garden is my little sanctuary. For now, however, I bid you a good night, Netta." With that, the woman departed on a good note even though she had to fuss at the girl earlier. They looked about the same age so why was Claire the more mature one? By leagues, for that matter. Maybe being in this new environment would help her get over that.

Claire sighed and headed up the stairwell to the final floor, a large floor with a cross-shaped corridor system and four rooms: her bedroom, her master bathroom, her acquaintance's room, and the library. The rooftop access stairwell was right down the hall from the stairwell leading up from the second floor. She wasted no time with that, heading out and reaching the intersection where she turned right and entered the only door on the right. It once she was in her room, she shut and locked the door. She never allowed anyone in her room. It was always locked when she was away and inside of it. Once she was settled, she went and took a bath before heading to bed. Her acquaintance would be home soon. Boy was he in for a surprise tomorrow...

After nightfall, in an unknown location...

"I got word from Randall and Felicia that your experiment was a success once more. The breach occurred but they were unable to retrieve the Mana users that wound up in this dimension."

"..."

"I hear that the woman who assisted them, one Claire Connors, is going to speak with the council tomorrow. To spread lies. Ooooh how I hate lies and the people who spout them. Do you wish for me to silence her before she can speak with them?"

"Stay your hand. The Cordelian Council are of no threat to me."

"As expected of you, my Lord. I thought I would try. Perhaps I'll get to cut some tongues out one of these days..."

"You will have your chance. In the meantime, I have assembled what forces I have needed. As soon as I have perfected my device, I will send you to try it out for me."

"You know it would be my pleasure."

"And besides, this Claire Connors is quite ambitious, trying to teach Mana users to use Spirit. I'm growing quite fond of her. Perhaps we can sway her to our side along with the others. I think then we would be truly unstoppable."

Claire had been early to rise the next morning, her alarm set for 5 am. She had no problems getting up early; it was a good thing she had went to bed at a decent time. Her acquaintance was still asleep as she left, but she knew he would probably wake up in a few hours. She wasn't sure if he had to work tonight but a part of her hoped that he didn't. Leaving the apartment, she took a cab to Myridan Central Station and boarded the speed train to the Ancient Capitol of Cordelia, the largest city in Lyreth where the Cordelian Council were seated in the Hall of Prestige. She hoped that all would go according to plan. She felt as though she could effectively mislead them. She needed to have time on her side and right now, she felt like she didn't.

The sun began to shine through the windows in the rooms of the townhouse as a bright morning greeted the city. The smell of fresh brewed coffee filled the first floor as a young man in pajamas started making it. His silver hair glimmered in the sunlight pouring through the kitchen window, his tired blue eyes gazing at the coffee maker to make sure all was well before he decided to start cooking some breakfast. Claire had left a note on the kitchen counter that they had some guests--Mana users from different worlds. How far out was that? The man almost didn't believe her but the woman had even went so far as left some money for their own personal use. That wasn't like her. Something had to be afoot. She wouldn't just leave money for invisible house guests that didn't exist. She mentioned they'd be staying here a while, and he wondered what kind of people they were. He hoped they liked scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits. As he cooked, the smell of his food drifted up the stairwell, slowly starting to permeate the entire place.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri May 29, 2015 5:44 pm

Netta dreamed of a land sparse with trees and rows upon rows of waving grass that grew all the way up to her knees. She ran through the fields, smiling and giggling without a care in her little safe world of hers. Her happy place, in essence. A realm she could escape away to in her dreams, waking and sleeping, where nothing could ever harm her, not even the snakes in the grass and the lions prowling the fields, or the herds of deer bounding around her. Netta rode on the back of a lion with her bow out and an arrow primed. She wore only fur around her chest and privates, she could feel the wind beat against her skin and felt a rush of adrenaline pump through her body as her lion leaped and she fired her arrow, scoring the kill they had been chasing.

Once Netta retrieved her arrow, she felt a shadow loom over her. When Netta looked up, she saw her. Blazing red hair and hot violet eyes smiled down at Netta, a woman as scantily clad as she was opened her arms and embraced the girl. Netta's skin warmed at the touch of her mother, and she buried her face in her mother's bosom. "Oh little Natalia," her mother, Lily, cooed. "You may not be the blood of my blood, but you will always carry me with you, wherever you are. Fear not, little Netta, for I gave you my name, as my mother did for me. I am always with you, whenever you hear your name."

And in a wisp of smoke and dust, Netta's dream disappeared into the air, the dust of her thoughts surrounding her and filling her with serenity. As well as the smell of roasted egg and some other smells she did not recognize. Netta yawned and stretched, rolling until she fell out of her bed and onto the floor. She was wearing the same fur over her chest and bosom as in her dream, her dirty cloth garments hanging over the desk in the room. Netta ignored them and stumbled out of her room, her feet naked and making no sound as she followed the smell. Her senses were acute enough to find even the weakest of fragrances at the strongest direction of flow. She weaved around, her eyes mostly closed as she followed her nose.

When she opened them again, she saw a stranger's back, a stranger whom had pretty, silver hair. Netta couldn't take her eyes off of it, it was just a pretty color. It sparkled in the light, very much unlike the silver stones in her forest home. Netta approached the young man, with next to no fear of him despite only wearing fur around her breasts, small as they were. Her muscles were clearly detailed on her stomach and shoulders, she was bigger than she had looked while wearing her dirty rags, but still very tiny.

"What is that?" Netta asked, pointing to the thin strips of what appeared to be fat and a little bit of meat. It sizzled angrily at her, but Netta did not fear dead animals.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 29, 2015 8:03 pm

The food was coming along nicely. It wouldn't take too terribly long to finish up with the biscuits probably holding everything up in the end. One of the young man's eyes began to glow an even brighter, more vivid blue. There was someone approaching. Down the stairs they came; they possessed a different signature than Claire did. It must have been one of the house guests that Claire had informed him of. Unfortunately, this guest in particular had moved more quickly than he judged at first, and they were definitely a silent one. A female voice rang in his ears suddenly causing him to jump slightly, but he wound up recovering in no time and laughing, turning to see who was questioning him. His eye returned to normal as he did.

The man analyzed the girl standing before him. What on earth was she wearing? It was very...revealing. He felt improper for checking her out but it gave him an idea of what kind of world she might have originated from. She looked about Claire's age, but she had a different air about her than Claire did. Claire was a unique individual anyway. The silence was becoming too drawn out. "Good morning! I'm making some sausage to go with the eggs and biscuits. I decided to make you breakfast, and the others? Claire mentioned there were three of you in total," the man responded with a smile before turning back to his work but clearly still paying attention to her. "Which one are you? What is your name? Mine's Vaughn Carraway."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri May 29, 2015 10:08 pm

This one sure was talkative. Netta wondered at the man and his strange glowing eye. She was not seeing things, she knew what she saw, though she could not explain it. Netta paused at the word 'sausage,' looking at the slab of meat and fat and trying to identify it as such. Sausage came from venison, which came from deer. So there were deer here? Odd, Netta had not seen any, and a marsh or a loud area was the last place she'd expect to find one. Deer preferred forested areas for feeding and breeding grounds, she had seen at least a hundred last year during mating season.

He introduced himself as Vaughn, a name Netta would have trouble pronouncing if she tried. She would have to either practice or call him something different. "I'm Natalia Thorn," Netta told him, "but mother always called me Netta." Netta glanced around, then down at herself. This Vaughn character seemed to have taken an interest in her body just before introducing himself. Had he never seen a girl's naked body before? Odd, how did he bathe without seeing nakedness?

Netta scratched her head before glancing back up at Vaughn. She poked her own breast and said, "did you want me to take these off? It's not mating season and I'm not experienced in that yet, but we can if you want. Mother didn't bother to show me how humans mate, though, so you'd have to lead."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 29, 2015 11:20 pm

"A pleasure to meet you, Netta," Vaughn spoke at first, but it seemed the female had noticed his scrutinizing of her body. Instead of getting shy or expressing her desire to cover up, she offered to take off what little she had on as it was. Vaughn blushed a bit and shook his head. Wow, was she forward or what? It was obvious she came from a world where social nuances didn't exist. After all, she used the word "mating" as like with animals. Perhaps her world was a primitive one? "Even if I was interested, I don't think Claire would appreciate me...mating with any of the guests," he said nervously, brushing a strand of his silver hair away from his face. "I...uh, appreciate the offer though," he tacked on out of respect in case she was touchy about such a thing. To offer her own virgin body to him was...an honor?

"So, how old are you, Netta? You look around Claire's age. She's only 18 years old," Vaughn prodded while he finished up the sausage, taking it out of the pan and placing it on a plate that already had a paper towel on it. It didn't do any harm to get to know these house guests better. He wondered what the other two were like and where they happened to be. Perhaps they weren't early risers like he and Claire were. And apparently Netta?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun May 31, 2015 9:02 am

To say that Nastasia woke up in the morning looking like a divine Goddess that had graced the earth with her beauty would be the furthest thing from the truth. It would be truer to say that the sky is orange, or, perhaps, that humans only eat plants because, to some extent, these are truths. But to say anything other than that Nastasia woke up with a severe case of bedhead, eye boogers, and a sour aura would be the greatest lie of all, for, you see, Nastasia was everything but a morning person. Her zombified body forced itself up upon catching the whiff of coffee. Not eggs or sausage or biscuits. Coffee. Her saving grace this fine morning!

She sluggishly threw on a robe she just happened to find in one of the dresser drawers, and shambled down the stairs. She entered the kitchen without a word. If anyone dared to turn and try and grab her attention, she ignored them––her mana, however, seemed to radiate from her irritated disposition and told both Netta and Vaughn that it would be a bad idea to attempt a conversation at the moment. The barely conscious manager swiftly found the coffeemaker and, thankfully, the coffee had finished brewing. She grabbed a mug nearby and poured the black liquid into it before taking it and sipping heavily. It should have burned her throat, but the horrendous-looking monster that took the sorceress' body only sighed in relief. It took another large gulp and then drained the cup before setting the mug down and snapping.

A violent whirlwind of mana flew through the house, sending the smells and odors of breakfast into a tizzy as bright ribbons of energy wrapped around the manager and her robes. The monster snapped again and suddenly the mana enveloped her entire body before dissipating as it usually did. When it faded, Nastasia's usual self stood fully dressed, her hair wet as if she had just stepped out of a shower, but otherwise looking fresh as a daisy.

"Much better," she stated with a soft smile, sparing a quick glance at Netta and then Vaughn. She turned back around and went about refilling the mug but not drinking this time, allowing it to cool. Her gaze once again drifted from her cup to the man whom she was not familiar with. "I assume you're the acquaintance Claire mentioned," she stated, offering the man her hand. "My name is Nastasia."

It was almost as if the morning monster had never existed.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun May 31, 2015 12:37 pm

"How old?" Netta asked, tilting her head to the side a bit, like a dog would. "I don't know. Mother told me I've seen at least sixteen frosts when I asked, and three after that." So would that make her 19? Netta truly did not know how humans counted years. She just lived in whatever season it was and prepared for the next one to varying degrees depending on which season would turn next. She was always wary of the frost, scared that it might show up unexpected one day and surprise her. So far that hasn't happened, but she wouldn't let her guard down. Frost could appear anywhere.

One of the girls that appeared from a different world came down next. Netta stepped out of the taller woman's way quickly, without making a single sound. The woman didn't even see her or recognize her, it seemed. That was fine, Netta knew how to make herself disappear, and often did to get away from wild dogs or giant hydras, the flying kind, that frequented her forest. Netta scrunched up her nose as all manner of scents mixed and waved everywhere. That was just unnatural. Her hyper sensitive nose had enough to deal with, what with the scent of burning oil and piss permeating the air constantly. The source wasn't even nearby and she could sense it, all the more now thanks to the careless magic this woman was using.

Netta thought it must be time to disappear, away from Nastasia and her rudeness. Natalia melted into the background and stepped silently back to where her room was, using her mental map to find it again. She found her pouch and took out a small collection of leaves and petals as well as a small mortar. Netta crushed her collection of plants until they became a paste, then took a finger to it and tasted it. Satisfied with her concoction, she rubbed bits of the paste on her body - under her chin, beneath her arms, around her thighs. The paste would cancel out any scents she gave off in favor of fresh forest air. Netta applied some to her cloths as well, until the little bit of paste she made was gone. Then she slipped on the cloth and put her mortar back on her pouch, where it belonged.

She'd prefer if there was a river nearby she could take a dip in, rather than use a paste out of valuable herbs she was going to eventually run out of. Claire mentioned she had a garden, so maybe Netta might be able to find similar plants here that would help her cancel out scents or speed up the healing process or cure simple poisons. She could make an antidote out of the right materials, if she could find them.

Natalia paused for a moment, her eyes traveling towards the bow hanging from a tack on the wall. Her quiver was there too, with more than enough arrows left. That was something else she had to worry about, too. She could make arrows if she had the proper stuff - wood, feathers, and stone. But once those resources ran out, she would be stuck with a tiny iron knife on her belt.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:54 am

Wolfgang had slept that night sprawled out like a cowhide rug, and woke up in the morning when his body inadvertently rolled off the side and plummeted to the ground. He could have sworn he had a dream that night but he couldn't remember any of the details in the slightest. It wasn't like the usual event that a person would forget a dream throughout the day, and instead it was almost as if it had been wiped from his mind by some external force. He opened his eyes while letting out a strained groan as he managed to get to his feet. Today was the day he was going to clean himself up and look for an honest paying job, a luxury that almost never occurred in Paragon City. Using the personal bathroom's facilities, Wolfgang took a thorough shower and afterwards put on the clothes he had worn the day before. It was a shame he didn't have any extra clothing to wear, but perhaps after working for a while he would be able to afford a nice suit and regular clothes that he could rotate through a laundry cycle. That would be his plan, anyway.

Finding a razor in the cabinet, Wolfgang shaved the stubble off his chin until it felt completely smooth, finishing the grooming process by combing his hair. It felt strange to be so clean, but like most things in this world it was something he would have to get used to. After strapping on the tactical vest he had carelessly tossed to the side and sliding his feet into his boots, Wolfgang casually made his way downstairs with his hands in his pockets, and began stepping towards the front door. He raised his hand at those in the kitchen, yet not turning his head at them to give them his full acknowledgment. "Mornin'," he greeted, not paying attention to anything going on. He was certain nothing important was going on or being said at this moment or any moment prior to him waking up and merely continued making way for the front porch.

He opened the door and stepped outside, letting the view of the city sink in for a moment while letting the soft breeze brush against his skin. Wolfgang looked down at his feet to find the newspaper conveniently placed at the doormat right on schedule. Kneeling down, he picked it up and brought it back inside, closing the door behind him. He sat himself on the recliner and propped his legs up on the footrest, bringing the newspaper up in front of his face. "Ha! Your newspapers have a comic section, just like Paragon City's. Only these don't have any swears or dark humor," he commented, flipping through several pages. "Alright, time to get serious though... what can I find in terms of work..."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:13 am

Vaughn received Netta's question and processed it.  Yeah, her and Claire were definitely close in age at the very least.  His thought process was instantly shattered, however, as another one of the house guests made themselves known in a very disruptive manner.  This...thing?...didn't acknowledge anyone or anything but seemed to make a beeline for the coffeemaker.  Of course, this person was one of those who couldn't function without their morning cup.  He knew that feeling quite well.  He could function without it but it certainly made the day a lot more easier to start.  After draining the steaming liquid, which caused Vaughn to raise an eyebrow, everything was thrown into a magical tizzy and the woman, Nastasia, was revealed.

"A pleasure Nastasia.  I'm Vaughn Carraway, Claire's...acquaintance is what she called me?" Vaughn introduced himself, sounding a bit puzzled at the last part.  He shrugged.  "A brilliant display of mana there but try not to do that in public.  I'm sure that would ruin Claire's efforts to protect you guys completely."  He sighed and noticed that someone else had joined.  He was a young man, but the look in his eye told Vaughn that he had seen his fair share of things even at that age.  There was experience set in his visage.  The man said good morning but nothing more, heading straight for the door and the paper that lie outside of it on the doorstep.

Vaughn turned to Netta but she was gone, so he focused on Nastasia instead.  "You all are an interesting bunch, that's for sure."  He got out some plates after taking a few minutes to finish the eggs.  He retrieved utensils from the drawers and laid them out for everyone.  After that was set, he retrieved the note and envelope that Claire had left for the group.  "Claire left this for you."

Map of Lyreth obtained! [Added to Inventory]

The note reads:

My guests,

I have long since departed assuming you are late risers.  I shall be back in the afternoon with news of my meeting.  In the meantime, I've left some Coin for each of you for personal uses such as for transportation, food, or buying your own little knick-knacks for your room or clothes or your own toiletries--you get the gist.  Vaughn can show you around the city.  I left a map for you guys to use if you decide to adventure out on your own.  Until next time.

~Claire

In the newspaper, Wolfgang would be able to easily find the Help Wanted section.  There were a few ads listed:

HOUSESITTER NEEDED

Going out of town for a month.  Need someone to watch house.  70 Coin/day.  Call 2.456.7933 to schedule interview.

NORTH DISTRICT AVILAN CUISINE

In need of host/hostess.  Duties include greeting customers, seating customers, and taking orders.  9 Coin/hr.  Call 2.723.4999 for interview.

LY-MART CASHIER NEEDED

Pick up application at store.  Locations: North District and Novaria/Marsh District.

MARSH ESCORT

Need escort Mon-Fri to Conservatorium.  For details call 2.456.2390.  Willing to discuss pay.

~ J O B ~ S Y S T E M ~

Welcome to the dimension of Lyreth!  There will be some inevitable down time that you will experience here in this pocket dimension, so instead of doing nothing with your life, why not find a job?!  It's easy!  Scour the paper each morning to find new and persisting listings, follow the directions given in each one and possibly attain your new job.  Just like real life, don't expect to get a job just because you show up.  If a potential employer doesn't like you, he/she might just tell you to hit the road.  Just do your best to find the job that's right for you and reap the rewards of a paycheck!

Be sure that when you attain a job to put the information in your profile such as what the job is, the pay rate, and your schedule!

Claire's map has some businesses and restaurants highlighted:

NORTH DISTRICT:

-North District Avilan Cuisine (retaurant)
-Ly-Mart (superstore)
-Evergreen (pharmacy/health store)
-Little Avila (oriental market)
-Exceed (gas station/convenience store)

NOVARIAN/MARSH DISTRICT:

-Acuatl Marsh Visitor Center
-Ly-Mart (superstore)
-Carol's (craft store)
-Speed Burger (fast food)
-Marsh Delicacy (restaurant)
-Sandwich Stop (fast food)
-Acuatl Cone (ice cream shop)
-NovaCure (pharmacy)
-Exceed (gas station/convenience store)

GOVERNMENT DISTRICT:

-Myridan Government Complex
-Myridan Main Transportation Hub
-Myridan Department of Motor Vehicles
-The Yeast Rises (Restaurant/Cafe/Bakery)

RECREATIONAL DISTRICT:

-Ly-Mart (superstore)
-Sandwich Stop (fast food)
-AllSport (sporting goods store)
-Van Damm Arcade (arcade)
-Endless Jubilee (amusment park/water park)
-Myridan Fairgrounds
-Myridan Intradimensional Airport (MIA)
-Hapless Venture (flea market)
-Cranton Woodland Mall (see inside directory for list of shops)
-Star Haven (high star restaurant/Vaughn's workplace)

SOUTH DISTRICT:

-Myridan Regional Medical Center (hospital)
-Myridan Medical Park
-numerous corporate offices
-Molto Buona Pizza and Pasta
-The Grind (coffee shop)
-Take This! (weaponry and armory)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:15 pm

"A pleasure, Vaughn," Nastasia responded with a polite smile before taking a small sip of her coffee. It still burned her tongue and throat, but she didn't mind––she could handle it. She drifted over to the table as Vaughn set out silverware, offering no comment when he told her that she and the others were an "interesting bunch." She shrugged. I suppose we aren't the most normal group, she mused, glancing over at Wolfgang for a moment. "Then again," she muttered to herself, "what's normal about any of this?"

When Vaughn returned with a note and an envelope, Nastasia took both from him, revealing a small map of the city and a message from Claire. Emerald green eyes scanned the letter and she nodded, returning her attention to Vaughn. "Perhaps you could show us around a little after breakfast?" she asked politely, however her gaze drifted to Wolfgang who had the paper in hand. She too needed to look through that for a job. "Is there anything in there for me?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:20 pm

Netta reappeared around the corner, fully dressed this time and little hints of the green paste beneath her chin, though no one here was shorter than her, so no one would really notice anything other than a scent of honey and crushed leaves from her. Her bow, which was about as long as her torso, sat on her back with her quiver strapped across her shoulders. She wore two pouches on her belt normally, but today only had one on. She didn't need the other one right now.

Natalia sniffed the air again, testing the scents before walking further into the space. She smelled that burnt oil and piss scent again, though it was less pungent now than it was last night. Netta wondered if that smell actually was Wolfgang's scent, or if he had just leaked a little bit. Netta glanced at the man, he seemed to be holding something in his hands, but she couldn't tell what it was. He was staring at it pretty intently too, so she crept up to him, naturally silent and tilted her own head upside-down to look at the other side of the paper.

All Natalia could see was a bunch of markings, some big, some small, and some picture of some guy she didn't know. He looked old though. Netta had never seen anyone so old before, was that what happened to humans when they aged? Gross. He probably smelled horrid too. That thought made Netta scrunch up her nose in disgust. She glanced back at Nastasia, who just asked Wolfgang some kind of question. Why would she have anything in what Wolfgang was holding? It made no sense to Natalia at all.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:57 pm

"Take a look for yourself," Wolfgang responded to Nastasia, handing her the paper. "Personally I think I'm going to answer the housesitting ad. Seems like an easy enough gig." He popped the footrest back into place in the recliner and walked to the table where the other man who was presumably Claire's acquaintance had placed the plates. If he wasn't a friend of Claire's, then he would be the worst burglar in the world, breaking into a home  and making breakfast for people he didn't know. "So, you know Claire, do you?" he asked, looking over the note Claire had left. "Name's Wolfgang, nice to meet you. I assume you've already been filled in on the situation right? Well, that's a stupid question, if you weren't you obviously wouldn't be making food for us right now. Much appreciated, by the way."

Wolfgang leaned against a counter and turned to the other man, his face shifting from its relaxed demeanor into a more serious one. "Just between you and me, I don't think we were sent here by chance of just some freak accident, and whatever is responsible for it may somehow be keeping tabs on us. When you've been in the line of work I've been in for so long, you get these kinds of hunches. I don't think everything's going to be as simple as adapting to 'Spirit Energy' or whatever and sending us back on our merry way through some magical doohicky portal, at least it's never that easy for me in times like this. Then again, that just might be me being paranoid. If you'll excuse me, I gotta call to make." Wolfgang looked around the room for the nearest phone and dialed the number he saw in the newspaper earlier.

"Hello? Yes, I called about the house-sitting job in the paper..."

Last edited by Vergil on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:45 pm

Vaughn took note of Netta appearing. She lurked near the man holding the paper who didn't even notice her presence, even when he got up it seemed that he didn't take note of her. The girl looked pretty confused. The man introduced himself as Wolfgang. He was pretty suspicious of this situation, and Vaughn had his own doubts to contend with regarding whether or not this was an accident. It seemed pretty odd that these three random people would appear in a sealed dimension in the exact same place. Just what exactly was going on in Lyreth? It was hard to deal with because there was no one or nothing to blame for this happenstance. Just a ghost of something that caused this inexplicable event to happen. They were lost in shadow...at least for the moment.

"It's no problem. I wanted you guys to eat well before we headed out," Vaughn said with a smile as Wolfgang gave his thanks for the breakfast. The man was independent by the looks of it, and he was really taking charge of himself in this situation, already searching for a job. Claire must have mentioned that to them last night, and it would be good for them. The amount Claire gave each of them was substantial enough for them to live off of for at least a couple weeks, if not more. Vaughn knew he wouldn't have to worry about Wolfgang at the least. Maybe it was better to let him just go along with whatever he was doing.

"Oh? You'd be surprised to know you're the first to call. I thought the pay was generous for such an easy job," the voice on the line responded. It was a female voice, a bit higher in pitch than what would be considered normal. "Why don't you come over today and we can talk over tea? My address is 4530 Verity Parkway, Myridan, Novarian District 12881. In the case you need to GPS it. Just come whenever you see fit. I'll be at the house all day making preparations for my leave. See ya then." The person on the other end of the line hung up.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:44 pm

Netta's ears twitched a little bit and she turned her head to stare at Vaughn. He was looking at her, but only for a moment before distracting himself. She thought she felt his eyes on her. He was pretty observant to be paying her any attention, she was small and usually so quiet no one ever gave her any attention. Maybe he was the careful type too. Natalia could try to figure him out, but that would take time. Was it time she was willing to spend?

Probably.

Netta jumped suddenly at sounds she didn't recognize or expect to hear. When she looked back at Wolfgang, he had something long and awkward placed against his ear. Netta blinked a few times at the object, not having a clue what it was or what Wolfgang intended to do with it. Then he started talking to it. Weird, Netta hadn't taken Wolfgang to be one to talk to himself, but she hardly knew him, and he did smell like oil and piss, like the rest of this place. So there were definitely stranger things.

He put it down. Was he done talking to himself? To the little object he was holding? Netta put her head to the side, to try and glance at his backside. "Are you gonna grow a tail next?" Natalia asked, her face completely serious as she pointed to his back. "Because that was weird." Netta skirted around the room and knelt down next to the object Wolfgang had been holding, then began staring at it intently, almost expecting it to jump off the hook. A pause later and she gingerly took a pair of fingers and her thumb to it and lifted it up, staring at the front of it. On the curved ends of it were a large number of holes. Another pause, and she brought the thing to her ear, immediately shrieking in horror and dropping the object. Netta herself disappeared in a flash, only reappearing behind Vaughn, as far from the object she coudl go. She gripped onto his belt and glanced around his waist, murky green eyes glaring at the object she had just dropped.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:44 pm

After the call, Wolfgang committed the address to memory and sat down, reaching over for the map and checking the location of where he would meet his potential employer. "You're weird," Wolfgang childishly replied to Netta, giving her a playful glare before looking back at the map. His finger dragged across the map until it stopped at the designated address, pinpointing where he would need to go. Within little time, Wolfgang picked what seemed like the shortest route, as a man of his former profession would have been used to doing such things in order to make efficient use of his time. He watched Netta's entire interaction with the phone and fought back the urge to snicker at her technological ignorance.

After breakfast, Wolfgang brought his plate to the sink and washed it clean so that Vaughn would not need to go out of his way further to do so. Wolfgang made sure he had all of his equipment and pocketed the money Claire had left for him, while preparing to meet the person on the phone. Before he stepped out of the door, Wolfgang turned back over to Vaughn. "If Claire gets back before me, tell her I was out on my job hunt. Pretty sure you won't have to worry much about Nastasia but uh... Netta over there can be quite a handful. We already went though enough trouble trying to convince her to come along here in the first place. You oughta keep an eye on that one. With that, I'll see you folks later." After that, he was gone, out to see what Myridan had to offer and the home that he may have been chosen to look after.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:40 am

Nastasia took the paper from Wolfgang, looking through the ads carefully. Wolfgang had mentioned that he wanted to take the housesitting job and he quickly procured an interview by using some device. She glanced upward for a moment, unable to stifle the chuckle that came from Netta freaking out about it. Poor thing, she thought to herself, forcing her laughter into an incredibly tiny smile. Truth be told, she, herself, was not used to it either. It did not, however, intimidate her in the slightest––surely she could use it!

Finishing (without too much of a great pace) the breakfast that Vaughn had prepared for them, she was quick to approach the object Netta had dropped in her fear. "It's okay," she told the younger girl whilst picking up the phone. She took in the numbers and nodded to herself, glancing back at the paper in her other hand. Doing her best to mimic Wolfgang, she punched in the numbers in the order they appeared and put the phone to her ear as he had done. It rang for a bit and when someone picked up she mouthed, "See," to Netta. Of course, her attention shifted gears almost immediately to the person on the other end. "Hi, I wanted to inquire about the hostess position in the paper?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Vaughn couldn't help but laugh at the situation. This Netta really was from a primitive world. Wolfgang clued him in on the fact that she would be a handful, but Vaughn already suspected as much from before when he was speaking with her and she offered to take her clothes off and have sex in the kitchen with him. Vaughn nodded and wished Wolfgang luck, promising to let Claire know what he was up to should she return before he did. He watched Nastasia try and use the phone and be successful in her endeavor. It must have been new to her too, but she was reacting a lot better to it than Netta had.

"It's called a telephone," Vaughn strolled over to Netta and explained. "It is a device used to communicate with other people all over the dimension. You dial a person's number and their phone rings. If they answer it, you can talk with them. It's pretty nifty. That way, if there's something you really need to tell someone and they live far away, you can tell them easily without having to make a lengthy trip." It really was a nifty device. It had started out as something very limited, but now they had all sorts of phones, some that didn't even have to be plugged into the wall. They were cellular phones. Both he and Claire had one. Most people in the dimension did. They were quite popular and capable of quite a few functions. "It's nothing to be afraid of, and it certainly isn't weird," he concluded with a light laugh.

"Thank you for calling North District Avilan Cuisine," a loud, harsh male voice answered in a strange accent Nastasia had never heard before. "Ah you want be hostess at restaurant? You come in for interview then. Come after lunch rush. 2pm. You got it? Bye bye." The man hung up abruptly.

Wolfgang would enter the city. It was a wonderful day for a stroll and it turned out that the address actually wasn't too far away from Claire and Vaughn's residence. He arrived at 4530 Verity Parkway and was astonished to see not a townhouse or even just a regular house, but a rather large two-story mansion surrounded by a well-constructed stone wall around it and a black wrought-iron gate blocking off the stepping stone path leading to the front door. The yard was filled with freshly cut grass and beautifully landscaped trees. There were a few birdbaths and an elegant fountain off to the side. There was a little speaker box on the wall next to the gate with a call button, but Wolfgang did not even need to the use it. The gates opened up before him without him even having to touch them. A voice resonated through the speaker:

"How kind of you to come so promptly. I can tell you're a reliable fellow already. Join me inside, won't you?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:23 am

Wolfgang took a moment to admire the breathtaking view of the manor as he approached its gates, having never seen a mansion that wasn't broken into and vandalized as nobody in Paragon City could ever have nice things. Back in Paragon, fancy houses that remained intact did so because they were heavily guarded by the mafia and many ended up dead if they so much as loitered in the general vicinity. Looking over his shoulder was going to be a tough habit Wolfgang would have to break in an attempt to becoming more accustomed to this world, as it wasn't healthy to be paranoid all the time. He would wonder to himself what kind of person could live in such a swanky place, and what business the person had in leaving it in his care... though he would not ask such questions aloud.

The semantics of his job weren't important, for all Wolfgang cared about was his pay. Before he could reach for the call button, the gates began to open as a voice beckoned him inside. He walked along the pathway until he reached the door of the estate, delivering several knocks to notify the owner that he had arrived at the front. He could only hope this job wasn't some sort of scam or trap to lure unsuspecting saps to their deaths. After all, what kind of sick freak would do so by posting an advertisement in the newspaper? It would only prove the company took no care in performing background checks to make sure potential employers were of reputable character.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next