Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence

+4
CerberusLycan
Gist
Argentorum
Kurio
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 3 Empty Re: CRISIS: Collapse of Existence

Post by Masquerade Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Huuntz actually gave forth a chuckle at Zuzu's question. Though this was indeed a very grave matter, he still couldn't shake off the hilarity that resulted from her bluntness. He bowed his head apologetically when he was done with his laughter though.

"I'm sorry, this is a sensitive matter, but you got right to the heart of things so quickly," Huuntz explained, elaborating his apology. "I'm surrounded by colleagues who like to beat around the bush. This is quite a refreshing change of pace." He adjusted his jacket a bit and coughed into his hand to clear his throat.

"Let's start with the creatures. They are called Rietzen, which is Huervan for 'Voidsent.' They are metaphysical anomalies that come from a different realm and possess no corporeal form. Many people cannot see them, but you all can. I can see them as well. We have what we called 'the Gift.' Those with the Gift can not only see the creatures, but call upon an inner power to combat them." He gave a courteous nod to Valerie hoping that would answer her question, but he knew Zuzu's question was far from complete.

"You may wonder why you would want to combat them, but I'm sure you've already seen for yourself. They are far from friendly creatures. The cold reality is that the Rietzen travel from what we presume is a realm called the Void in order to take away the existences of those who inhabit our Terza Iriden. They target a human and cling to their existence, draining it slowly over time, following them wherever they go. It's a horrible feeling we assume. We're not talking about life force, but state of being. A perfectly happy individual will begin to feel depressed for absolutely no reason. They think it's clinical depression, but they are wrong. Medication will not help. Nothing will help. They will seek it but there's nothing anyone can do. Because of that they will be driven to an eventual suicide and at that point, the Rietzen will remove them from existence. The only way to save a person afflicted is to defeat the Rietzen attached to them."

"Uh...s-sir? What do you mean remove them from existence? Isn't death like...the end?" Ion ventured to ask, a little nervous about this whole situation. It was frightening to know there were invisible creatures going around killing people and in such a horrible way.

"Nonexistence is a state in which a person does not exist in this realm in any way, shape, or form. Not physical. Not spiritual. Not ethereal. Nothing. You literally do not exist. People who have memories of the nonexistent person find that said memories are rather fuzzy. Some even lose memories of the nonexistent. It is a fate worse than death."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:16 pm

"There is no point in asking vague questions. They only lead to vague answers which I do not have time to deal with," Zuzu replies, but silences herself to listen to the rest of Huuntz's monologue. Everything about her teenage years has been speeding up the process of her learning while eliminating every factor that made her spend time inefficiently. She still has plenty of time, but every moment spent not searching for a cure or keeping herself alive is a wasted one.

"I once read a story about a witch who could banish creatures to the Void," Zuzu says while folding her arms against her chest and furrowing her brow slightly. "It was just a fairy tale, I thought, but if the Void exists then surely there must be a way to throw them back in, no? How much do you really know about these creatures? You've told us what they can do and where you think they come from, but why are they even here to begin with? Are they demons, feeding off our emotions? Or are they bits of a collapsed world come back to suck away power from this world?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:48 pm

"Sad to say that the only way to get rid of them currently is to defeat them in combat," Huuntz admitted with a weary sigh. He removed his spectacles and wiped the lenses with a white cloth he procured from his jacket pocket before replacing them upon his face. "If we knew where the source of their entry was, we could seal it off, but that is something that we are still researching, and we are still making breakthroughs on the creatures themselves by studying specimen gathered by our operatives. We're not sure at this point if the Void has been sundered or if they are just simply looking for life sources to devour. We may not be the only world afflicted by the presences of these creatures, or not the first one afflicted. That's the whole purpose of this lab--to study these creatures such that we can find a solution to ridding them of this realm once and for all. In the meantime, we must reduce the damage they cause."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Argentorum Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:24 pm

Shaolong moves to E6! Shaolong basic attacks Vine 3 two times, it is now Unbalanced!

Shaolong cocked an eyebrow as Ariel stepped forward, accompanied by phantasmal images that lashed out at the thorny monsters. Besides him, two other students were facing the strange fairy head on. Though, from the comments one of them was making, he believed this was some elaborate joke.

Li looked back over the enemies arranged before them, taking in the way the thorny vines moved on their own, the weight that filled the air. For some reason he couldn’t share that other student’s belief.

“Well, if you want to face them head on.” Li said with a grin, “I’m hardly the one to tell you differently.” He moved past Ariel, sliding into place next to the nearest vine monster. His fists lash out, striking the thing twice, low near its roots. He could feel the blue fire on his fists lash out in time with him.

His blows knocked it off kilter, sending tendrils reeling as they grew tangled and twisted. It bristled, 'arms' rising up to strike back against him. Shaolong slid into a defensive stance, smirking. "Looks like we're in for a real fight, for once!". Hopefully these foes would have some strength to them.
Argentorum
Argentorum
Insomniac

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Iriadna takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 40/45

A Conduit is created!

Iriadna is Routed to the Conduit!

Thorny Vine 3 takes 10 Dmg!

Thorny Vine 3 wilts away!

Loss of Limb causes 5 Piercing Dmg to Iriadna!

HP: 35/45

Prelude 01: Pretty Girls Have Thorns

Mission Objectives: Defeat the mysterious creature!

{-} {-} {-} {-} {I} {-} {-} {-} {-} A
{ } { } { } { } { } {I} { } {C} { } B
{ } {1} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{f} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{f} { } { } { } { } {L} {A} { } { } E
{f} {2} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-

Enemy Phase.

Iriadna uses Binding on Conlin!  5 Dmg! [Conlin is Rooted][Conlin is Disabled][Conlin evades Bleed]

Iriadna moves to A4. [AGI -1]

The thorny creature seemed to wail in anguish as one of the vines was destroyed.  It quickly targeted one of the nearby humans, conjuring smaller thorny vines to restrict the human and keep it in place.  This way the creature could make distance from the human without worrying about being chased.

{-} {-} {-} {I} {-} {-} {-} {-} {-} A
{ } { } { } { } { } {I} { } {C} { } B
{ } {1} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{f} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{f} { } { } { } { } {L} {A} { } { } E
{f} {2} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-

Iriadna is Routed.

Player Phase 2!

Ariel
HP: 15/15
SB: 30/30
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Abs: 5
Per: 4
Agi: 2
Move: 2 cells

Alice
HP: 30/30
SB: 15/15
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Abs: 1
Per: 3

Conlin *ROOTED* *DISABLED*
HP: 12/15
SB: 25/25
Atk: 1
Abs: 6
Per: 4

Li
HP: 30/30
SB: 15/15
Atk: 5
Def: 4
Abs: 1
Per: 2
Agi: 5
Move: 3 cells

Iriadna (Garden Beauty) *ROUTED*
HP: 35/45
Abs: 2
Per: 1
Agi: 7 --- 6
Move: 3 cells

Thorny Vine 1
HP: 10/10
Agi: 7
Move: 0 cells

Thorny Vine 2
HP: 10/10
Agi: 7
Move: 0 cells

{-} - Hedge
[No Occupy]

{f} - Fountain
[No Occupy]

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Hazel was not interested in the scenery of nature that the school grounds did a magnificent job of emulating, and instead seemed invested into her phone, streaming podcasts and music the entirety of the trolley ride while not saying a word to anyone else. As the group arrived at the hidden laboratory, Hazel's interest sparked and her eyes began to gleam as they were filled with mischief at the thought of all the hell she could raise just for the fun of it. So many hi-tech equipment and potentially volatile chemicals on display, just begging to be misused. This was a wonderland. A true devil's paradise. "Shit, these eggheads have been holding out on me, haven't they?" Hazel muttered her thoughts under her breath. Her curious hands became acquainted with a glass test tube containing an iridescent liquid corked by a rubber stopper on a rack so foolishly left unattended. When she was certain no eyes were upon her, Hazel tucked the test tube discreetly away into her cleavage, where she was sure no adult would try to manually retrieve it without getting a lawsuit.

As they continued across the hallways, Hazel spotted a familiar figure standing among the scientists, dressed up in a lab coat.

CRISIS: Collapse of Existence - Page 3 401e362a91"WHAT A FINE DAY TO DO SOME SCIENCE, GENTLEMEN! LET'S ALL KEEP ARBITRARILY PUSHING BUTTONS AND MIXING FLUIDS TOGETHER BECAUSE THAT IS HOW SCIENCE IS DONE. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE WE'RE DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY WE ARE JUST PART OF THE BACKGROUND. THESE SWITCHES AREN'T EVEN LABELED PROPERLY. NOW WHICH ONE YOU ASSHOLES STOLE MY APPLE FRITTERS? THEY WERE ON MY DESK THIS MORNING - I HAD JOHNSON BRING THEM IN AND NOW THEY'RE GONE. OH Y'ALL THINK THIS IS A JOKE, HUH? JUST GONNA IGNORE ME AND KEEP PRETENDING LIKE YOU GUYS ARE ACTUALLY DOIN' SHIT. YEAH, I SEE YOU STEVE. ALL TURNIN' KNOBS AND SHIT. THAT MICROSCOPE ISN'T EVEN PLUGGED IN YOU INSIDE-OUT ANUS."

Hazel could not believe her eyes and stared on in utter horror. Was anyone else in the group actually seeing this man, or was everyone actually just tuning him out? When they finally arrived to meet Professor Huuntz, Hazel was only passively listening to what everyone was saying, still dumbfounded by what she had witnessed just earlier. It wasn't of much importance to her anyway, as it wasn't anything Hazel couldn't have already figured out for herself. Just them talking about a bunch of malicious creatures that spawned from fuck-knows-where and that can only be defeated by beating the everliving shit out of them. That was fine, Hazel was more than capable of introducing her fists to whatever tried to kill her and for whatever reason. Despite being lazy in her studies, having others do all the work for her, Hazel was adept in piecing things together for herself. She would even argue that using her resources and natural "coercion" was an intellectual skill in itself - a talent her father ascertained in her, and the reason why he sent her to the school in the first place with the mind set on making sure she had a career in politics. "Work smarter, not harder" was one of the few mantras Hazel always stood by, and for the most part it always seemed to work.

The question that had not been asked was why they were all brought here in the first place, but the answer to that was obvious, at least to Hazel. "Yo, Professor Dick Huuntz," she finally revealed her voice. "Let me guess on why you had little Ms. Cheer Captain bring us in, and feel free to stop me if I'm wrong. You want us to do your grunt work in killing and/or capturing these slimy freaks so you can study them or what-the-fuck-ever, because of the fact that we can somehow see them when basic bitch dumbasses can't. That's all fine and dandy and I'm game, but I have my conditions."

There she went again, always establishing terms to make sure none of her deeds went unrewarded.

"First of all, I expect ample payment. Cold, hard cash. Don't try to stiff me with any of that 'gold star sticker' bullshit like I'm fucking five, because if that's what you were planning on, I'm walking. Secondly, I want free coffee while I'm at this crapshack. None of that overpriced shit in a puny cup either, Mama wants the gourmet shit. I know you nerds are stashing away the good caffeine, and I like to live in style. Also, if I want to have a fucking smoke on the roof, then I want to have a fucking smoke. Get those tight-ass hall monitors off my back... and make sure there aren't any weirdos dancing to shitty outdated music in my hangouts either! Fuckin' bugs the shit outta me."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:24 pm

Huuntz sighed.  To find out that none other than Hazel Stirling had received the Gift was absolutely horrifying.  She couldn't use it for evil, but now she would be entitled to whatever she wanted because she already apparently figured out the reason they had all been called there.  From the information he had already divulged, it wasn't difficult to figure out.  There were monsters on the loose and they were the only ones who could stop them.  The conclusion should have been simple.

"The name's Frederic, Ms. Stirling," Huuntz was quick to correct.  "And the operatives I mentioned are indeed students, and some of the faculty including myself.  You all will be given the option to help us save this realm or you can ignore your Gift and continue on with your mundane lives, with yours being particularly troublesome, Ms. Stirling."

"Should you desire to help us, this lab will become your base of operations.  You will have 24/7 access to it and its facilities, many of which are quite nice and will help you with your missions.  These missions will be given out by me, and you will be rewarded with what you desire: cold, hard cash.  We even have an Honors reward program for students granting them with interesting merits that grant special abilities to aid in combat, something we have spent a lot of time developing as the Rietzen threat has increased.  They only go to students who deserve it though.  Good coffee is an easy request to grant as well, not to mention a smoke on the roof is all right, but I'm afraid shitty dancing weirdos are well out of our control."

"Missions are easy.  I will give you an objective and you will complete the tasked objective.  Many objectives will involve taking out dangerous Rietzen.  Your battles will be completely isolated.  My Crisis Calling is named Monochrome.  It has the ability to stop time, and I use it to keep the battles from causing collateral damage.  My Crisis Calling is tied in with our main operating system, VoidTech, and activates whenever a Rietzen is detected and there are operatives around to engage it or them in combat.  We monitor the location of all Rietzen and operatives.  You will come to understand the VoidTech system at a later date.  It is mainly used by myself and the scientists here."

"S-sir if you don't mind me asking...what is a Crisis Calling?" Ion questioned.  He was pretty sure he already knew, but a more direct answer wouldn't hurt.

"Your special ability.  Those with the Gift have a Crisis Calling.  We call it that because it arises in time of need so you can defend yourself against hostile Rietzen who can sense your presence.  Because of your power, they can see you.  The Gift is a double-edged sword, but only in this manner.  You're going to kill the Rietzen anyway, so you have nothing to worry about.  Like VoidTech, you'll also learn more about your power at a later date.  All that matters is that you can use it."

"That being said, how about it?  It's a difficult decision, but you must make it before leaving this lab today.  If you change your mind later, you'll have to speak to Headmaster Gorren or find an operative that can get you in here.  Just remember that not everyone is fit for saving the world.  Your fate is in your own hands regardless."

>Become an operative for Rontzelle Academy.
>Resume normal life and forget this crazy shit happened.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Ariel shrugged indifferently as the thorny vine fell before his and Li's combined might. His eyes, however, remained locked on the muscular boy's frame. Such raw power, he remarked internally, licking his lips subtly. The older boy certainly had his attention now – if before there had been any doubt that Ariel would eventually sink his claws into the brawler, it was eradicated now. A binding would occur. The very thought almost made him quiver.

He did not, however, for his gaze snapped over to the thorny witch which had moved along the hedges. It seemed she had locked one of their compatriots in place and he was, for the most part helpless. Ariel smirked. "How droll," he murmured to himself; the words seemed to disperse, however, as a feeling in his gut bubbled. The figures that enveloped the slim teen shivered in anticipation.

A shallow breath and the leading one flew over to a spot just nearby the trapped boy. It danced gracefully – the alleged hands (or perhaps feet, it was rather hard to discern) etched a glowing, wavy symbol into the ground. When it finished it hummed an airy tune and the other two far off released a harmonic pitch for but a moment before all went quiet. The glowing glyph spat out a few small sparkles which seemed to mend some of the boy's wounds.

Ariel rolled his eyes. He had a strange notion that this one ability reflected his role at this moment: a pillar of support.

How dull.

Ariel inscribes a mote of Tranquil Rest at C7! Allies will slowly recover and Enemies have a chance of hesitation for Three Turns!

Ariel
SB: 22/30

Ariel moves to E5!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:21 pm

"Save the world?" Zuzu raises her eyebrows as if to question the very idea that anyone could claim such an arrogant role. The world couldn't even save one girl from suffering. The idea that she could have a hand in saving the world is a hollow thought for one such as Zerunia. The girl covers her mouth to hold back a cough, feeling her throat begin to itch. If she is going to waste her own time by trying to save the world instead of herself, then she needs someone to help her study. Which means conditions of her own to make. "Hazel isn't the only one to have a condition," Zuzu says, looking determinedly at Frederic.

Zuzu folds her arms over her chest to force any more coughing down. "I have a special kind of illness that makes my immune system basically worthless. There is no cure - yet - and the medicine I take for it now is next to useless, as you've just heard. If I am to help, I need a guarantee that you people will look into my condition to help me." She would scratch their back only if they scratched hers, or however the saying goes. Some people would probably think her selfish for not wanting to save the world. After all, that was a dream for people with such idealistic views. Zuzu, on the other hand, thought practically. If she ends up dying from fighting this war, then everything about her life amounts to nothing. If, however, she finds a cure for her condition and then dies in the war, then she would be more than satisfied with that.

"If you promise that, I'll help."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:24 am

Alice could only watch as the large vine woman ignored her and went straight for the boy behind her. She looked at him as roots climbed his frame. Something about the monster easily ignoring her and hurting other innocent people began to set her off. The fire that had been in her chest at the beginning of this skirmish lit anew, and she frowned, looking back at the retreating monster. She was not going to stand for this - if she had a tool to defend others with, why was she not using it. Gritting her teeth, she ran forward towards the monster, enraged by the fire lit within. As long as the monster didn't hurt him anymore, that was all she wanted. She came closer towards the plant woman and raised her shield, swinging it against her frame as hard as she could muster. "You won't hurt him!" Her voice was darker and more guttural; she was filled with adrenaline and was rushing away from the scene. She had taken off and there was no telling if she would come back.

[Alice moves to B4!
Alice basic attacks Iriadna! 4 ATK Dmg!
Alice is blessed with Divine Veil!
Damage from Iriadna is reduced by 15% during the next Enemy Phase!
Alice waits...]
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:53 pm

"Zerunia, we are certainly already aware of your condition, and we are actually already working to cure it," Huuntz stated lightly, giving her a warm smile. If she were to become the salvation of mankind and the whole world, then she would have to be in fit condition. Curing her disorder would not be easy but with the most intelligent minds in the world working in this laboratory it could definitely be done. Huuntz actually hoped she wouldn't think herself selfish for making such a condition. Hazel's was pure stupid but Zerunia's was genuine.

"You have our promise. We will keep you updated periodically so you know that we have not faltered on that promise," Huuntz concluded before turning to face Ion who had remained quiet since his last question. "What about you, Ion Vurlei? Is there not any compensation that you desire in particular?"

Ion was pretty taken aback. The chance to make a difference was enough for him. They were already getting paid for their work. What else could he want? He was ordinary. He didn't have any special desires. Getting to attend Rontzelle was all he ever wanted. Here he could study what he wanted and excel. This was where he wanted to be, but to think that he would amount to so much more, even if it constantly put his life in danger. If they were willing to give him something, what could he possibly ask for?

"I don't have a condition...but maybe you guys could owe me a favor sometime? Nothing big, and I don't think I'll ever use it, but it never hurts to have some insurance," Ion finally said, coming to an ultimatum.

"Very well, Mister Vurlei. We shall owe you one for the future." At this point, there was only one who had not spoken yet about a condition or something of the sort.

"And Valerie? What will it be? Is there anything you want or are you content with doing this for the greater good? Keep in mind cash is already guaranteed."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by CerberusLycan Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Conlin is unable to Act or Move.

Conlin's eyes widened as he felt the sear of several small cuts across his body. Before he could even stumble backwards, the source of his injuries wrapped around him tightly, holding him in place and restraining his arms as well. He couldn't do anything. The shock of the violence was visible on his face and its distrusting expression; as if reality itself had betrayed him. He could no longer reason that the entire thing was a prank or demonstration. Now he was either insane or caught up in something unthinkable, and as much as he preferred the latter, he didn't dare believe it.

Passively, he noticed the girl with the shield confront the floral monster which had attacked him, and noticed also the redheaded boys' ethereal muses lay a glyph on the ground nearby. It was all so misplaced. Disoriented and uncertain, a loud utterance of, "What the hell," escaped Conlin. This wasn't how reality worked.
CerberusLycan
CerberusLycan
Sleep-Deprived Zombie
Sleep-Deprived Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:01 pm

They are already working on it? Zerunia was about to open her mouth to correct them on her preferred name, but that wouldn't do much good. It might be better to keep her nickname for people who are her friends and not professional contacts. Zuzu frowns a little, though not out of disappointment. More like she expected to hear something about her condition being incurable, which is pretty much what it is. She is working to disprove that, but never once could think that she would actually find it in her lifetime.

"I'll bring what research I've already done to the lab at a later date," Zuzu tells Huuntz. "I have detailed writing on my condition in comparison to others. I think it may hold something you are not quite aware of yet. Or it may only have stuff you already know. Even so, peer-review is important to science, no? And I expect you to continue the research if I die before a cure is found, this isn't for just me."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:17 pm

"Yeah, yeah, whatever.... Fre-Dick," Hazel retorted, disregarding the correction, her eyes nonchalantly fixed on her nails. "Normally not being able to meet all my terms would be a dealbreaker, however... you said I'd get to bum around here and have all the coffee I want, right? I'm assuming it's the locally brewed too, and none of that corporate bullshit. Like I said before, I'm down; just as long as you keep stackin' the paper, I'll keep piling up the bodies. I don't care about saving this rotten world or the smelly assmonkeys that inhabit it, but money... money just speaks my language. Plus, I'm sure this would make a great excuse for me to bail out of class every now and then. So it's settled, yeah?"

The icy-eyed woman turned over to Ion and rested her elbow on his shoulder, proceeding to cast a sheepish smirk. "Heeeeeeeeeeeeey buuuuuuuuddyyyyyyyy," she addressed in a sultry tone. "Looks like we'll be working together. Don't worry... I'll keep you safe so long as you stick with me - after all you'd be in no condition to pay me back if you wound up becoming a vegetable or 'un-existing' or whatever the fuck Fre-Dick said. But yeah... while you're with me I'll be sure to pay extra. Close. Attention. Wouldn't want to make you feel pressured or uncomfortable or anything. 'Kay? Gooooooood." She topped her guarantee off with a double tongue click and a wink.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Zuzu's attention shifted to the side once she started hearing that delinquent girl, Hazel, get close to Ion. A bit too close for her liking. From the look on Ion's face, he seemed to be intimidated too. That wasn't going to pass with her. But what could she do? The only thing she could have over this Hazel person is intelligence. The woman was far stronger than she and has already proven to be incredibly unstable. Still, Zuzu wasn't just going to let her friend suffer because of some insufferable bitch taking advantage of the situation.

Zerunia steps forward and takes Ion by the arm, pulling him away from Hazel and closer to her. She keeps her eyes on Hazel though, shushing any attempt Ion makes to keep her from doing the right thing, if not the foolish thing. "Stay away from him you insufferable troglodyte," Zuzu snaps. "I'll not let my friend associate with uncultured mouth-breathers like you." Picking a fight with this one might be a big mistake, but Zuzu had a confidence about her. There were plenty of people here who could jump to her defense if things got violent. Not to mention she has enough pepper spray in her pocket to make an elephant cry. An important tool for a frail woman.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Hazel's smirk remained in place, however her eyes narrowed down to a sinister glare. Her invasion into Ion's personal bubble was merely an attempt to rattle him, however she succeeded in obtaining a much more savory result: someone to give her a reason - a reason to be eristic. "Hey, I was resting my arm on that, you gangly skankfuck," she sneered, almost as if she was baring venomous fangs. She scoffed and turned her head to the side, expressing derision at the precipitous insults thrown her way. "Here I was, being all nice to my new friend What's-His-Face-Atom-Or-Whatever, and you come along and pull him away like he's your boyfriend or some shit. What's your deal anyway? Shove too many suppositories up your ass this morning for your sickness that you shat brownie tablets? Fuck, I was just minding my own business and all of a sudden the posterchild of the Make-A-Wish Foundation suddenly wants to spit mad fire at me. You think that just because you're disease-ridden that you're untouchable? Puh-lease. I'd have half a mind to chokeslam your pale ass through a table if fucking Fre-Dick wasn't standing here creepily in silence waiting for the rest of us to respond to his question. I suggest you watch yourself. A disgusting frog like you needs to know your place."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:59 pm

The moment Hazel started compiling her list of insults, Zerunia turned away and instead faced Ion, tuning out anything the barbarian swine had to say. She glanced over his front and sides, then brushed off imaginary dust from his shoulders and smiled. "There, no more whore-dust," she said, nodding happily. Anything that Hazel could say to her would have zero effect on Zuzu. For a moment, she glances back at Hazel with her best winning smile and victory written across the lines of her visage. "If you really need to resort to common vulgarities, then it is clear your vernacular as a whole is weak and pitiable."

What a disgrace of a person. Zuzu could hardly believe that Professor Huuntz would actually allow someone like Hazel to roam free and cause so much discord, especially on his home turf. Showing her back to the woman was sure to light a fire up her own ass, as the 'troglodyte' might put it. Still, she should stop before things got too out of hand and Huuntz actually did have to interfere. Zuzu turns to the professor now, her face cleared of that smug expression. "With your leave, Professor, I think it's about time for us to head back."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:34 pm

"Yes, please, any research that you may have compiled would be a great boon to our own progress.  After all, you know your illness better than anyone, really," Huuntz replied to Zerunia with a hearty nod.  She was so determined to find a cure and become healthy again that it was extremely admirable.  Most would just try and survive thinking that by the mind alone they would be cured but more often than not they would just perish.  Huuntz had great hopes for Zerunia.  If she was so determined to conquer this illness--

"Conquer..." Huuntz whispered to himself as his eyes lit up brilliantly.  Could he possibly help with this?  No....it couldn't be...

Ion had kept an ear attuned to the girl, Valerie, wondering what she might want.  It would give him an idea of what she was like.  All he knew about her now was that she thought she was mentally ill but it seemed like what was going on here at the academy and apparently the whole world was reality, not just some delusion.  Certainly not a dream.  Unfortunately for Ion, hearing such a request would wait as Hazel made herself quite comfortable in his personal space.  As nice as it was to hear that she was going to make sure he was protected in whatever endeavors they found themselves in, the way she said it really started to creep him out.  He shook a bit and was about to say something when Zuzu came to his aid, dragging him away from her.  The two were at each other's throats but Huuntz had broken out of his thoughts and cleared his own throat to reclaim order.

"Settle down now, let us not get hasty.  There are still things to do."  Huuntz was about to continue when a message box appeared on the giant screen with the school map on it.  "Open message."  The box enlarged into a bigger window which began to play video.

"Yo, teach, we got some probs with the noobs," a female spoke.  Her face was enlarged because of the screen.  She had dark skin like rich chocolate, her accent sounding like she came from Zeresen like Ion and Zuzu.  Her eyes were dark like Aisla's but not as abysmal and mysterious.  They were wide and alert.  Ion wondered briefly if she was always like that.  She had full lips with a beauty mark a little bit away from the corner of her mouth on the left side.  Her nose was large and wide and when she opened her mouth to speak, Ion noticed there were brown stains on her teeth.  Was that...chocolate?  Her hair was not visible, contained within a mauve bandanna.

"What's the issue, Deetra?"

"I'm watchin' these fools and they ain't doin' nothin' to this trash...well, intermediate but STILL, teach.  Like damn they ain't got no sense?  What about the other noobs?  They already finish they shit right?  Shouldn't these guys be done with theirs?  Like DAMN.  I's hard to sit here and watch this man you gotta lemme interVENE."

Huuntz rubbed the bridge of his nose causing his glasses to go askew.  As much as he hated to admit it, she did have a point.  But then again, if they were having this much trouble would they actually be any use as operatives?  Perhaps with some training...but it would definitely be mandatory for them.

"You have my authorization to proceed when you have the proper chance."

"FUCK yeah.  Thanks, teach!"

"Oh, Deetra?"

"'Sup?"

"Do be careful."

"TEACH.  CAREFUL is my middle name, yo!  Deets over and out!"  The video screen disappeared leaving nothing but a map.  One of the map, there was a blue dot near the garden that began to move.

"A lost cause, professor.  A lost cause," Aisla stated simply with a shrug of her shoulders.  She had gotten rather tired of this bull shit.  Without saying another word, she made her way past the group and to one of the higher levels of the lab, disappearing from sight.

Huuntz sighed.  "Sorry about that.  That was Deetra Careful Lowell," he said with a chuckle.  "One of your fellow operatives.  Anyway, you actually have a few things you could do from here.  Obviously with all of this being new to you, you are excused from your classes for the day.  Notes will be delivered to you for what you have missed along with assigned work.  If you want to go to class you're free to, but you could also just take the day off.  You could relax, learn more about this lab, it's workings, and technology along with more about the current situation, or you could just hit the field immediately if you're still yearning for more action."  Huuntz gestured to the map and all of its red exclamation points.  "There's plenty to do to keep you busy.  What will it be?"

>Attend class and complete the day as usual.
>Take the day off and relax.
>Learn more about the lab and the current situation.
>Take on a new mission.

Last edited by Masquerade on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:39 pm

"Weak? Pitiable? Big words coming from someone who won't finish what she started," Hazel challenged, her arms folded in an unamused stance. "Sorry, but a high horse isn't a position from where to judge who the more pathetic one is. But if you think you've won just because you're going to do the whole 'I'm going to pretend I can't hear you so I got the last laugh', then your playbook must be as functional as your immune system. I'll let you have this one though - the least I could do for someone who got the shit end of the stick of the biological lottery. If I weren't in such a good mood today, I might have been fixin' to uppercut a bitch and wipe that shit-eating grin off your gross mutant face."

Huuntz finally spoke up to pacify the argument and was apparently alerted by a message on the large monitor. After responding to the sender, the girl known as Aisla had left their presence and the professor addressed the group once more. Huuntz gave them all the option to either get started right away with a mission, learn more of the lab, go back to class, or take the day off. The choice was obvious for Hazel, as although learning about the lab and concocting ways to synthesize destruction in the form of science was always a favorable pastime for her; taking an entire day off to do whatever she wanted seemed so much better.

"Pfft. Why the hell would I wanna go to class if the notes are gonna get written for me? I'm fuckin' outski. Later, chumps."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:54 am

Valerie had taken several steps to back away from the two other girls who were fighting, and though her brown eyes were fixed on the individuals her mind was no longer there. Lost in her own mind she was freaking out inside, though somehow managing to keep it fairly contained within herself rather than making any more of a scene than the raven haired girl already had. She was visibly quivering, with her right hand gripped tightly around her left elbow, squeezing her left arm against her own body as if trying to shrink away from everyone and everything.

Everything came to her so quickly, first the encounter with what she had always thought to be figments of her imagination, only to discover that they were completely real. Her life had been in danger the entire time, yet she had never realized that fact. Her breathing grew heavier, loud enough to be heard over the various other commotion in the lab and more importantly, heard over all of the mocking, taunting voices that now once again filled her head.

Her response was a nod to the man, who must have waited for ages before she managed any response. And as soon as they were excused the tall girl turned away and left with only a quick, quiet "Goodbye."

She needed her safe place. The voices didn't follow her to her safe place. Nothing bad happened when she was in her safe place.
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:15 pm

"Before you take off, Ms. Stirling, I need to tell you that the guidance counselor is expecting you. You would be well inclined to pay them a visit," Huuntz advised hastily before Hazel had a chance to royally blow this joint, and possibly blow a different kind of joint later on. He sighed at the thought of a delinquent holding such importance in her hands, but it was what it was. Until they could figure out the aspects of the Gift, things would just have to progress as nature intended, if nature had any part to play in this at all.

Ion turned to face Zuzu. It seemed that it was just her and him now. He didn't want to part; they had just met up and hadn't really had a chance to catch up or interact.

"Hey, Zuzu, would you like to stay here at the lab and learn something cool? As much as I wouldn't mind attending normal class, I think staying here can give us the upper hand in this...crazy situation," Ion asked uneasily. If he was going to go for this, then he would go with all he had. People's lives were at stake after all. He couldn't afford to mess this up, and neither could the others which worried him because not all of them were...normal. Valerie seemed unstable, and so did Hazel, just in a different manner.

"If you're going to stick around, there are plenty of subjects to learn about. I can teach you about the VoidTech, or you can check out the Combat Training Chamber (CTC.) I know Dr. Bland would love to have someone to lecture in regards to the utilization of Rietzen samples," Huuntz said, offering up some options for lab exploration, all of which seemed pretty intriguing.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:34 pm

Zuzu was happy to hear that Ion wanted to spend more time with her. She wanted this too, but wasn't quite sure how to pose the question without it seeming overly clingy. "I'd love to," she told him, smiling a little now that the insufferable bitch was no longer nearby. Staying in the lab had more benefits than just being with Ion for a bit longer. Professor Huuntz even gave them a few options to consider while they explored the place. Learning more about their powers could become very handy, Zuzu thought. Then again, learning more about the technology they have available to them would also be very good.

"I'm not sure what we should do first," Zuzu admitted, looking over to the older man. "I feel better than usual right now, so we could do both of those things." Zerunia glanced over to Ion. She smiled a little then reached down and grabbed his hand. "I'll follow you, whatever you want to do first." Back when they were little, she would always let Ion take the lead. He should be able to decide for both of them, even if it has been a long time.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:58 pm

"So we're not holding you up all day, professor, could you tell us more about VoidTech??" Ion went ahead and probed Huuntz. The professor might have had other things to do later so he wanted to take advantage of his time now. He gave a quick smile to Zuzu. He was happy to have his childhood friend back. He had some friends here at the academy but none of them were as close to him as Zuzu.

"I would be more than happy to," Huuntz said and waved for them to follow him a short distance to the main console that had a variety of buttons, switches, and a well-maintained 3D projecting touch screen.

"First I'll go over the map. The map currently on the screen displays the entire campus including restricted areas by default, and by option, you can catch view of the entire city, or even the country. It's used to monitor Rietzen activity and skirmishes that have taken place. The map is generally green in color--that means things are peaceful. Any area that is in grayscale is being affected by my Crisis Calling. Time has stopped in those zones and a battle is currently taking place. Red exclamation points indicate confirmed Rietzen activity while yellow question marks indicate a point of interest that may contain Rietzen activity. Blue dots represent the operatives. By accessing options, you can display Rietzen, signified by black beast heads; civilians, signified by gold dots; and faculty operatives, signified by maroon triangles. By using the touch screen, you can pinpoint a location you want to see and obtain camera footage of it. For example."

Huuntz placed his finger on the touch screen where the garden was. A new window opened on the main screen which displayed a horrid plant creature with several students engaging it in battle.

"Ta da. Just like that we can observe battles and send in backup if needed, typically ahead of the time backup is requested. It saves a lot of time and definitely saves lives. There's a room here where people just watch the videos of the skirmishes just in case help is needed so that more operatives can be dispatched."

"Aside from the map, you can access video and chat communication programs which are typically used by me and other leaders of the organization to reach out to field operatives. You guys can network using your own cell phones and such. If an emergency arises, however, know that you can use those functions as well."

"The VoidTech system also acts as an atlas of sorts giving detailed information about all areas found on the map. Those new to the city might find that useful in finding things to do, and though a trivial use of the technology, we don't mind you using it for that. History of Rietzen activity in all areas is also stored here so you can see which areas have had the most Rietzen activity in the past. We use this information to create projections of where Rietzen might appear and send patrols to the most plagued areas so that the creatures might be stopped before they get the chance to do damage or claim lives."

"Any questions so far?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:09 pm

"A few questions, yes," Zuzu spoke up after the inquiry was posed. She had been listening attentively the entire time and could understand most of what was being said. Getting a complete grasp of the map would require a bit of time, but for now she wouldn't have to worry about that. Professor Huuntz would probably assist them for the first few days or weeks with the map while all the new recruits got a handle on the technology. She saw the different areas where Huuntz's powers were stopping time, and having experienced it herself, she had plenty of questions about it, especially since it is clearly a limited ability in terms of affected areas.

"Your power,a Crisis Calling you named it, if a civilian or operative were to stumble across the edge of that time warp, what would happen? Are they even able to see that time is stopped, is there a barrier preventing entry, are the people inside capable of escaping? Are the Rietzen capable of breaking through the time warp? How long does this last and how does it affect those who experience it? I assume that our body's aging process is not stopped by this power, but there must be certain risks and drawbacks to that kind of powerful ability. Is using a Crisis Calling, like my bow, a risk to my body or mind in some way?" A lot of questions, actually.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:53 pm

"My, my I wasn't expecting so much, but I am more than happy to answer," Huuntz replied with a sheepish grin.  This Zerunia was certainly something else.  Then again, with her health, it made sense for her to be concerned with how these new powers would affect her.  As a matter of fact, he should have expected as much from the likes of her.

"My Crisis Calling is amplified through the power of VoidTech.  Areas affected can be entered and once they are, the civilian entering becomes frozen in time.  Civilians in the zone when it is placed become frozen and cannot escape.  Moving a frozen target is impossible.  They are as much frozen in space as they are in time as the two are quite intertwined.  However, they are completely safe along with the surroundings that are affected.  This saves us a lot of money in repair costs."

"That aside, there are more aspects to a frozen zone than just my own.  Another professor, Lacretia Collins possesses a Crisis Calling called Web Weaver.  It is not as it sounds, however, for the webs she weaves are illusions covering reality.  Her power is also tied into and amplified by VoidTech like mine and they work in conjunction.  When the zone is established, time is frozen and an illusion is layered over it so that civilians see normalcy when really there is mayhem that would frighten them to hell and back.  Rietzen can technically leave the zone, but many do not.  There is a fight or die behavior pretty much all Rietzen exhibit.  Cowardice doesn't seem to fly in their culture, if a culture even exists with them."

"The zone lasts for as long as the skirmish does.  Remember, each zone is monitored when it arises.  As far as we know, there are no negative side effects to those within, and we've been doing this for quite a while, mind you.  Not long enough to monitor how it affects aging, however, at least in a big enough scope.  It is something we're keeping an eye on.  As for the Crisis Callings themselves in general, there is no risk in executing your basic abilities, however, you can draw upon the power of your own existence in order to utilize frightening skills.  These come at the cost of losing your place in this world.  Quite literally, at that."

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next