Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

2 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost Empty Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

Post by Vergil Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:29 pm

Spoiler:
"The day of reckoning has arrived at our lamentable community. What once was a serene and magnanimous hamlet is now a hell-festered carnival for the wicked. Monstrosities and the exanimate have been unearthed and are bedecking the streets with our sanguinary corpses in their gruesome revelry. Those that were swift enough to flee the town rode off into the Wasteland on horseback, shouting promises to regroup and reclaim our dignified home... but apprehending the surface is only a minuscule task compared to what must be accomplished as a whole. The Keeper and a select few are aware of this. They will aid you with what they can to the best of their ability, but the rest... is up to you."

Horse-drawn caravans rode with intense haste across a vast, lush field with the starscaped sky in full bloom like a mural of the gods. This was a merely a passage connecting various realms of the mysterious Eternal Dream called the "Glade". The concept of this however, was doubted by the dogmatic people of the Wasteland who believed the Eternal Dream was only a myth, and the land that they walked on had no otherworldly connection whatsoever. Eventually the grass had stopped, and the caravans had trekked onto the black sands of the Wasteland. In one of the overcrowded wagons was a camaraderie of raucous proletarians engaged in ramblings and palaver amongst each other.

"Awfully beautiful sight out tonight," one of them commented. "'S'too bad this'll be the last time we see the stars again. Oi lookit, the sky's startin' to fade to red. We're gettin' close to home. Almost time to smash them buggers in."

"I can hardly contain meself, Albert," another one of the grungy, unkempt men responded. "Funny how they put anyone that could pick up a weapon an' fight on this wagon while all the pansies ride in the carriages in the back. Speakin' o' which... why's that lass in red ridin' wit' us? She on the wrong wagon?"
"Beats me, but she'll get to see first-hand how a man handles those bloody freaks."

Sitting beside the only woman in the caravan was a lanky man reading a book dressed in a black suit, possibly indicating that he worked under a funeral-related profession back in the old town. His disheveled blonde hair streamed down by his welkin blue eyes, which peered up from his reading when he heard the remarks about the woman sitting next to him.

"Pay them no mind," he advised her, closing his book. "After the town is ours again, these simpletons will revert to their daily routine of blindness towards the real threat; wasting their lives away in the tavern one drink at a time. Rest assured, those of us that know of the Lorekeeper's memoirs are bound for a much more productive experience. Pardon me, I'm the Keeper. I was formally a mortician, but since the dead have been vacating their own graves and rejoining the living... that old profession has brought me nothing but mockery. You're... the Ambassador, I presume? It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, the Lorekeeper seems to have trusted you with quite the task. Nevertheless, I have been instructed to assist you where I can and look after the town once we get a little footing on our situation. We have quite some time before we reach Aequinoctium. Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself? I'd like to get an idea of why the Lorekeeper chose you... and why you chose to respond."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost Empty Re: Eternal Dream: Abyss Of The Lost

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:05 pm

This was as far from home as the woman thought she could ever be. Nothing short of a paradise, this Eternal Dream was filled with such wonders the likes of which could only be witnessed and treasured in the depths of one's imagination. Flowers that sung in a meadow such strange songs and melodies and an islet amidst pure waters that contained unbelievable devices meant for the purpose of pure entertainment were just a couple of the things she had seen in passing. Back in the sanctuary of this dreamland, her stormy gray eyes had taken it all in, soaking in every memory and experience. Being exposed to it all almost set her astray--making her forget the true reason why she was here in this amazing place.

The woman brushed brunette bangs out of her face and made sure the eloquent curls on the left side of her head were still in place. It had not been the smoothest of rides in the crowded wagon filled with brutes and fighters. It was this sight that set her back to reality, not to mention the sudden change of scenery. The Wasteland was what they called it. A desert of black sands possessing a horrid threat that lie deep within. This was her true destination, and this was far from a pleasure trip. All around her the men talked of what was going on, but she had already been quite well-informed via a letter that had arrived through the folds of her battle tent. It described a plague of horrid creatures overrunning a town in this so-called Wasteland. A call to arms had been made, and sure enough, wagons of unfortunate souls were being carted off to what would presumably be their deaths.

But not this woman. She made no plans to die here. She had a larger part to play. The sweaty pigs riding with her could talk all they wished. She subtly maneuvered her naginata into a more comfortable resting position. Eyes sharp, they cut to a rather grim looking gentleman sitting beside her who happened to know just what sort of role she was to play in all of this. It was going to be a long ride. The man wished to know more about her, so she figured that she would divulge.

"A pleasure to meet you, Keeper. I am indeed the Ambassador but you may know me as Ruby Red," Ruby introduced herself giving the man a courteous nod. "I hail from a far realm known as Dalmaschior in the world of Alidaire. It is a magical place filled with dangerous monsters and ruthless tyrants. My family was gifted with a bloodline ability that gave us enhanced sight to varying degrees. We were a family of fighters and at a young age I took up my weapon to learn how to defend myself in the throes of battle. I was a quick learner, you see. Many of the guards employed by my parents were defeated by myself in spars, and the monsters that I soon hunted afterwards as a mercenary were lain to waste."

Ruby paused to smile as she reminisced about her younger years. All of her triumphs and embarrassing moments flashed through her mind. There many a tale to tell, but she would save such stories for another time.

"As I grew older I continued to sell my blade independently outside the grasp of my family," she continued. "They didn't particularly care for my wild abandon and refusal to follow rules. They called me back to their estate on my twentieth birthday and announced that they would have me become a tactician. As much as I enjoyed doing my own thing, I settled down and began learning what I needed to become the most successful tactician of all time."

Ruby reached into the folds of her dress and procured the letter that she had attained detailing her current mission.

"My training was not yet complete when this arrived before me in my tent. Inside would be a test of my true merit as a tactician. I had read many books and played many strategical games, but I had yet to get the field experience that I would need to topple the tyrants that plagued my homeland. I consider this a learning experience, and if I can successfully save this realm, then I will have no problems ridding my home of the ills that ail it."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:03 am

"Alidaire? Why, that's not too far from the dimension of Lyreth, isn't it?" The Keeper inquired, his curiosity piqued at the mention of the realm. "That's actually quite fortunate - I don't know if you are a religious person, but it is said that the worlds of Alidaire and Lyreth are closest to the dominion of Lord Masquerade, the father of the Eternal Dream and origin itself. It was he who established the Council of the Gods, where the formed triumvirate of himself, the God of Wrath, Zeri, and the Godling Prince of the Eternal Dream, Silver, divined the very planes that hold the existence of us, and the countless beings that inhabit the dimensions that we cannot see with our own mortal eyes. The council, as well as the lesser deities of the Eternal Dream, possess a wondrous ability - the power to weave worlds and lives with but mere words. I know many of the recorded tales myself, as I enjoyed reading them to pass the time. Unfortunately many of the people of Aequinoctium are inherently skeptic and stiff-necked, believing the stories created by the gods to be exaggerations of fantasy... myths and stories to fill children with empty hope and aspirations. It wouldn't hurt for them to live a little, and coming from a mortician, that's saying something. To be a native of Masquerade's sovereignty... it surely is both an honor and a blessing. Though in these bleak times, I don't think it would be wise of me to put too much stock into that as a testament of what you can do for Aequinoctium, but rather, I shall await in anticipation to observe your tactical prowess in driving out the dark forces. Whenever you wish to have a moment to discuss mythos regarding the Eternal Dream however, I would be more than happy to entertain."

Aequinoctium was now in viewing distance from the convoy of caravans, its dilapidated and ruined state made apparent by the creatures that had now occupied its courts and alleys. The ashlar and foundations of many of the town's buildings had been collapsed to rubble. Loud, unnatural cries were heard, followed by a force that struck the caravan. The wagon was knocked off its axis, careening off course until it crashed on its side. What was more, it had caught fire which began to burn away at the canvas framework. The passengers frantically crawled their way out and the Keeper helped Ruby to her feet. "Looks like they found us!" one of the men alerted. "Alright, boys, this is what we were waitin' for! Let's split up and take back our lands!" With enthusiastic yells and battlecries, the men broke off into smaller groups and dispersed into the town. "Are you unharmed?" the Keeper examined, making sure Ruby had not sustained any serious injury from the crash. "Judging by the fact that our ride caught fire and by the sound of the cries we just heard, I would speculate that we were hit by a Flare Hound. I suggest being very cautious, as they tend to travel in packs. The stagecoach carrying the more experienced fighters-for-hire still has yet to arrive, so it looks like we'll have to take back the main square on our own. Come on, let's go."

The Keeper took Ruby's hand and guided her through the debris-littered paths until they reached the heart of Aequinoctium, teeming canine-like creatures with skeletal bodies and flames that filled their skulls. The group of these creatures were accompanied by what appeared to be a man of a muscular build, his rust-colored eyes casting a glare at Ruby the moment he saw her. His nostrils flared as he took a few quick sniffs, and his teeth became clenched and exposed as he seemed to be provoked by her mere presence.

"You... girl... why is your scent so familiar to me? It fills me with such anger... Why... can't I remember? Grrr... Must... hunt... kill... humans..."

"Looks like he's with them," Keeper acknowledged, opening up his tome and flipping through various pages to find a particular section. "You wouldn't by any chance have any experience fighting werewolves, now would you?"

Prologue: Old Fables Die Hard

Objective: Defeat all enemies.

Atmosphere: None

Achievement: No Woodsman Needed - Inflict more damage to Garm than Keeper.

Music: Hearts and Spades
Spoiler:

{ } { } { } { } {G} { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } {d} { } { } { } { } { } B
{ } { } {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} { } { } C
{ } {d} { } { } { } {d} { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {d} { } E
{ } { } { } {d} { } { } { } { } {d} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } {d} { } G
{d} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } {K} { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Light Level:∞/100

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Ruby may start in rows I-J.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Ruby was confounded by the words that the Keeper spoke. She did not color herself religious but hearing about this Lord Masquerade seemed to spark something in her heart that actually made her jump. Her skin became flush and she felt embarrassed by it. A deity, eh?

"I'm not particularly religious but the existence of Alidaire's deities are proven to be truth with Torcrea being the Father of All Gods. I know not of this Lord Masquerade or any of his comrades in higher power," Ruby stated simply. "You honestly expect me to believe they wove our worlds into existence with mere words? Alidaire already has a creation story. I won't deny that your words have intrigued me and made me feel something indescribable, but don't color me pious yet. I would discuss this with you further at a time in the future perhaps. Not upon a wagon full of smelly men."

When Ruby spoke her last words, something horrid filled the air. It was the sound of something terrible. Before she could even process the sound, something had crashed into the wagon that she was in sending it tumbling across the sands, landing on its side while the canvas caught ablaze. Her body ached a bit as she stood with the aid of the Keeper who questioned if she was unharmed. She merely gave him a nod and seized her naginata before escaping the inferno to see the ignorant oafs wandering off to fight beasts with no real plan or purpose. She looked around while listening to the Keeper until he prompted her to go with him. It really was just him and her. Perhaps it was better that way.

The duo rushed off in search of the heart of Aequinoctium to take back the town square, and what they found was something Ruby hadn't expected. The Flare Hound from before was not alone, and there behind an apparent pack of them stood a muscular man who was intent on killing both Ruby and the Keeper but taking a particular interest in the former.

"I'm afraid I've never taken on a werewolf before, but I'm always open to new prospects. Shall we?" Ruby said with a smirk as she readied her weapon for battle.

Ruby starts at I6.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:11 pm

Spoiler:

{ } { } {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} { } { } C
{ } { } { } {K} { } {R} { } { } { } I

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1

Keeper moves to G-4.

"Let's begin," Keeper declared as the passages in his tome began to glow and revealed a visible gray aura around his body. Slowly and ominously, he lined himself up within distance of the second-to-leftmost Flare Hound.

Keeper begins channeling the spirit of a lost hero!

"I shall be your vessel and you will be my shepherd, and by your will guide me to victory. The promised land awaits... from the realm of Naletia, unite with my soul! EIMHIR CEALLACH!"

Keeper's class changed to Vanchelian Justice!

A burst of light flashed and when it faded, Keeper's aura shaped into a peculiar silhouette of a person behind him. A blade of spectral energy materialized into his hand, and with a slashing motion, a crescent wave was launched from it towards the beast. It was almost as if the man that had sat with Ruby on the wagon was now a different person altogether... though there wasn't much room to judge seeing as how they had just met not too long ago. This world and everything in it proved to be a marvel of an enigma from the get-go, and this Keeper person was undoubtedly no exception.

Keeper uses Ghost Driver on Flare Hound 2! 4X Mystic DMG!
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:29 am

"Yes, let us begin."

Ruby moved forward lining up her sights with one of the hounds.  There was a great distance between her and the supposed werewolf so he was definitely off limits for now.  She knew, however, that with patience, he would come to them.  How else would he be able to kill them?

Ruby moves to H7.

As Ruby moved she heard the chanting of Keeper nearby and what she witnessed baffled her as the man went over some sort of transformation himself.  He was definitely not who he said he was now, and there was much more to him than first met the eye.  She intended to pry him on what sort of power he possessed when they were in less danger.  For now they were severely outnumbered.  A tactical disadvantage, certainly, but victory was still very attainable.  And she was determined to attain it.  This was but the first step of many to come.

Ruby waits.

Do know that you are blessed, Ruby Red.  You were chosen for a reason.

Ruby looked around for the source of a strange voice but found nothing.  Keeper hadn't said anything, surely.  So where did that come from?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:58 am

Flare Hound 2 is disintegrated!

Spoiler:

{ } { } {1} { } {3} {4} {5} { } { } C
{ } { } { } {K} { } { } { } {d} { } G
{d} { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Enemy Phase 1

Keeper's victim was instantly vaporized by the wave, degenerating into absolute nothingness. The remainder of the pack was unperturbed by the utter destruction of their fallen comrade and relentlessly pursued their targets by means of natural instincts. The leftward and middle hounds made their way down, and when they were close enough their burning maws unleashed burning spheres at him. The rightmost hounds followed suit in the actions of their brethren and did the same towards Ruby. The werewolf himself was nearing his approach.

Flare Hound 1 moves to E-3.

Flare Hound uses Heat Shot on Keeper! 5 Atk DMG! (Magical)

Flare Hound 3 moves to E-5.

Flare Hound uses Heat Shot on Keeper! 5 Atk DMG! (Magical)

Flare Hound 5 moves to E-7.

Flare Hound uses Heat Shot on Ruby! 5 Atk DMG! (Magical)

Flare Hound 4 moves to D-7.

Flare Hound uses Heat Shot on Ruby! 5 Atk DMG! (Magical) (Ruby is burned.)

Garm moves to D-5.

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } {d} { } { } {G} {d} {4} { } { } D
{ } { } {1} { } {3} { } {5} {d} { } E
{ } { } { } {K} { } { } { } {d} { } G
{d} { } { } { } { } { } {R} { } { } H

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 2

Keeper bears the trauma of the lost hero! 10 Stress Dmg received!

Keeper blenched upon the impact of the searing fireballs launched at him. "Ugh, I should have remembered the Vanchelians have a weakened natural fortitude from their practices... this won't do. I need someone else."

Keeper begins channeling the spirit of a lost hero!

"Hear my call! Triumph is so close within reach and by your intervention can it be attained! To the Aphelios System I request your aid! Bestow upon me your warrior of legend! RASMUS STALHEARDTH!"

Keeper's class changed to Star Centurion!

The passages in his tome began to shine once more and his aura turned from gray to bronze. The silhouette and spectral weapon had now changed shape as well, granting Keeper a triangular beam that projected from his fist. There was now a natural air about him that instilled inspiration and confidence. It seemed that by standing near him, one would get the feeling this battle could be won more than ever. Keeper sprinted to get himself towards Ruby while intercepting the path of the hounds. His speed picked up dramatically as a vapor cone formed around him, striking one of the hounds with the triangular beam.

Keeper uses Rhino Stampede on Flare Hound 5! 1X Mystic DMG! Keeper was placed to E-6.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Ruby moves to G5.

Flinching from the heat of the flames, Ruby brushed the small flames off her dress, her skin burnt slightly in several places causing each movement she made to sting. This would not do. She could regenerate but the healing factor came with a magical shield that could send the fire back at these creatures, but she was fairly certain from a tactical perspective that that would not do anything to them. For now, she would have to deal with her wounds until the hounds were dispersed.

With a sprint, Ruby approached a hound and with the reach of her weapon was able to deal a mighty cleave to it, keeping her stance prime in case of a counterattack that was sure to come from her aggression. She spared a quick glance to Keeper who had claimed a new aura. What was his power? It was immense...almost as frightening as it was awe-inspiring. He was doing a great job of attracting attention to himself if that was his goal.

Ruby attacks Flare Hound 3! 6 Dmg! (ATK)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Flare Hound 5 is disintegrated!

Flare Hound 3 dodges Ruby's attack!

Spoiler:

{ } {d} { } { } {G} {d} {4} { } { } D
{ } { } {1} { } {3} {K} { } {d} { } E
{ } { } { } { } {R} { } { } {d} { } G

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Enemy Phase 2

Though the creature Keeper had struck was dispatched with ease, the one Ruby had attempted to strike managed to leap away from her attack. The numbers of the opposition was steadily dwindling, but the rigors of combat were already beginning to set in. Two of the hounds crept closer, spewing more flames at Ruby, while the third moved in to swipe at Keeper. The large man raced at Ruby, closing in to hook her with his fist.

"You... you stink of the hooded one... I must rid the world of your blood."

Flare Hound 1 moves to G-3.

Flare Hound 1 uses Heat Shot on Ruby! 5 Atk DMG! (Magical)

Flare Hound 3 moves to F-6.

Flare Hound 3 uses Heat Shot on Ruby! 5 Atk DMG! (Magical) CRITICAL!

Flare Hound 4 moves to E-7.

Flare Hound 4 attacks Keeper! 5 Atk DMG!

Garm moves to F-5.

Garm attacks Ruby! 7 Atk DMG!

{ } { } { } { } { } {K} {4} {d} { } E
{ } { } { } {d} {G} {3} { } { } {d} F
{ } { } {1} { } {R} { } { } {d} { } G

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 3

Keeper bears the trauma of the lost hero! 10 Stress Dmg received!

Ruby's critical condition begins to worry Keeper! 7 Stress Dmg received!

The onslaught of the beasts was fierce, coordinating their attacks to systematically take down their prey. A worried expression washed over Keeper as he saw Ruby fall victim to the horrible savagery. "Ruby... if this is becoming too much for you, then you should stay back and let me handle the rest on my own. I'll be fine... don't worry about me," Keeper promised, beginning to have doubts on the Lorekeeper's decision to bring in help from the outside. Should Ruby wished to have escaped, Keeper would have to provide a way out for her, and he would have to buy her some time. In order to draw focus of the most dangerous one: the werewolf, he would have to face the man himself.

Keeper moves to E-5.

Keeper attacks Garm! 8 Atk Dmg!

An escape route appears at J-5! (Interact Command: Escape)

"If you wish to save yourself... run to back the outskirts to where the townspeople have set up their encampment. If I don't return by the end of the night, then find the caravaneer and he'll take you home. I won't blame you for your decision either way."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:12 pm

Ruby shook her head. There was no way in hell she was going to leave Keeper here by himself even if he could handle it on his own. She crouched down and performed a back flip landing solidly on her feet away from the enemies. For a moment it seemed like she might run off, but she took her naginata and slammed it into the ground. A beautiful red aura surrounded her in gentle light and she could feel its warmth begin to mend her wounds. No magical attacks could touch her now.

"Listen, Keeper, if I can't at least survive here there's no point in moving on. It's only going to get more difficult right? I hope you can see where I'm coming from," Ruby explained, keeping her eyes trained on her enemies. She couldn't let them catch up to her until she had recovered. Maybe Keeper would be able to keep them at bay. She felt useless. He was obviously more experienced in this sort of battle than she was. It made all of the fights she had engaged in back in Alidaire seem like child's play. This was the major league here. For now she would observe and learn. Before moving on too deeply she would make sure she was prepared, that is, if she survived at all.

Remember you have a failsafe. He won't let anything happen to you. It may be out of my hands here, but you know he wouldn't dare let you leave him.

The voice again. The 'he' it mentioned...she knew who it was. Would he really be able to do anything if she couldn't...? No, she was going to survive. She couldn't rely on him for everything. Yet here she was relying on Keeper to keep her alive. How ironic. Maybe there was more to his name than she thought.

Ruby moves to J5.

Ruby uses Ruby Gleam! [Bestows Reflect][Bestows Regen]

MP: 10/15
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Garm takes 5 damage! (Keeper)

Spoiler:

{ } { } { } { } {K} { } {4} {d} { } E
{ } { } { } {d} {G} {3} { } { } {d} F
{ } { } {1} { } { } { } { } {d} { } G
{ } { } { } { } {R} { } { } { } { } J

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Enemy Phase 3

"I understand... I'll respect your decision," Keeper acceded with his eyes refusing to avert away from sight of the werewolf. "I just hope you made the right one." The left Flare Hound let out a cry as embers flickered in its mouth, preparing to shoot out another blaze. As soon as it fired, the attack bounced off of Ruby's aura and struck it back in the face. The hound shook vigorously in response to its own attack being thrown back it, and proceeded to bark in peculiar pitches to the others of its pack, almost as if it were warning them. The other hounds began to ignore Keeper and made their way in Ruby's direction. The werewolf however, performed a low kick in an attempt to knock Keeper off balance.

Flare Hound 1 moves to I-3.

Flare Hound 1 uses Heat Shot on Ruby! 5 Atk DMG! (Magical)

Reflected! Flare Hound takes 1 DMG!

Flare Hound 3 moves to H-6.

Flare Hound 4 moves to G-7.

Garm uses Sweep Kick on E-4-6.

Keeper takes 2 DMG! Keeper is Prone!

{ } { } { } { } {K} { } { } {d} { } E
{ } { } { } {d} {G} { } { } { } {d} F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {4} {d} { } G
{d} { } { } { } { } {3} { } { } { } H
{ } { } {1} { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } {R} { } { } { } { } J

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 4

Keeper bears the trauma of the lost hero! The pain is building! 15 Stress Dmg received!

The surprise attack had knocked Keeper off his feet and rendered him decumbent. "Urgh... if this keeps up, my mind is going to be overstrained," Keeper sputtered. Veins were starting to protrude from his temples, as he tried to usher his body back into standing position. "I have to keep going, for the sake of everyone at Aequinoctium. Why didn't the townspeople listen? We could have been more prepared for this. I can only imagine the terrors that lie within the depths of the Abyss..." With much effort, Keeper finally managed to maintain his composure. He glanced back over to Ruby with a grave expression.

There has to be a reason why she out of anyone else was summoned by the Lorekeeper... but I don't see it. The old man spoke of the one that would lead the wayward souls to the light, and rid this world of evil. Is Ruby really the one to do this? By the looks of it, things may be over before they even begin...

Keeper removes Prone!

Keeper waits.

Last edited by Vergil on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Ruby was delighted to see that her aura had been effective, but growled as the three remaining hounds began to set their sights on her. They were slow in their movements, covering less distance than she could. Perhaps if she could lead them around she could take them down one at a time while Keeper handled the werewolf. The poor guy needed some hope.

What struck Ruby as odd, however, was that they had no provisions. They had struck out to this town that hadn't been reclaimed yet with no supplies. Even if there were some on the wagon which would be destroyed by the flame, did Keeper not have any on his person? Ruby was ashamed to admit that she had nothing. She was ill-prepared.

"I hate to bother you but do you truly have nothing remedial on hand? Don't feel bad if you don't because I didn't have anything. A blunder I won't soon be repeating given I survive this ordeal," Ruby questioned as she dodged to the left, favoring the one hound over being onset by two.

Ruby moves to J2.

"Also if I die here, I want to apologize," she added, striking at the nearby hound with her weapon, using her reach to her advantage. "I keep hearing some voice that says I'm blessed but to be honest there's nothing special about me. I thought I was strong but perhaps just this once I bit off a bit more than I could chew. My homeland never would have been safe in my hands..."

Ruby attacks Flare Hound 1! 6 Dmg! (ATK)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:46 am

Flare Hound 1 takes 5 damage! (Ruby) Critical!
Spoiler:
"Fortune smiles upon you."

5 Stress Relief for the party.

Flare Hound 1 is slain!

Spoiler:

{ } { } { } { } { } { } {4} {d} { } G
{d} { } { } { } { } {3} { } { } { } H
{ } {R} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Enemy Phase 4

"I regret to inform you that our apothecary was destroyed in the initial attack," Keeper confessed, his voice raised several decibels to ensure that it would reach Ruby due to the fact that she kept distancing herself. "Our physicians spared what they can, but they have reserved all their medicine and healing salves for the women and children at the encampment. If I may be honest with you, I wasn't expecting myself to fight... this is the first time I've ever entered the throes of combat. It's just that... the Lorekeeper had put so much faith into the 'hero' of the Eternal Dream... and I believed him... to the point where I thought this hero would single-handedly dispel these fiends. I myself was not ready for this. You have nothing to apologize for."

As fate would have it, Ruby had struck a vital weak point on the hound, felling it with a single strike. Was luck now on their side, or was it merely a trick of the light? Such a question would be put to the test immediately as the werewolf began to snarl, his teeth clenched. His body began to grow as fur covered his skin, and claws jutted out of his hands. Before long, he was no longer the shape of man. The newly transformed creature emitted an ear-piercing howl, its very noise disrupting the air around the town square in visible waves. The hounds remained in pursuit.

Beast Gauge full! Garm has transformed!

Garm uses Bloodcurdling Howl! 15 Stress DMG (Critical!) and 10% Def Reduction to the party!

Flare Hound 3 moves to H-4.

Flare Hound 4 moves to G-5.

{ } { } { } { } {4} { } { } {d} { } G
{d} { } { } {3} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } {R} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 5

Keeper bears the trauma of the lost hero! The pain is building! 15 Stress Dmg received!

Keeper's ears rang from the loud shriek of the werewolf, cringing in absolute pain. "This is... this is too much. I can feel the weight bearing down on me... but I must keep fighting. It looks like I'm going to have to tap into the power of another if I want to even think about staying in this."

Keeper begins channeling the spirit of a lost hero! Keeper becomes Overstrain!

"To match something as vicious as a werewolf, I'm going to need someone just as vicious. Eternal Dream, I ask for your aid once more! Terza Iriden, bind onto me the one to punish these demons once and for all! Come forth! HAZEL STIRLING!"

Keeper's class changed to Grappler!

His aura was now blackened, and a smirk was drawn across his face as a sign of smug confidence. Perhaps it was this new soul he was speaking of, or maybe he had just gone completely mad. The spectral weapon had disappeared, but the aura shone brighter at his fists. The silhouette turned into a feminine figure in arms akimbo, emanating a feeling of absolute... sass? For whatever reason, Keeper seemed to be the kind of person no sane person would want to be around for an inexplicable amount of reasons. With an agile grapple, Keeper managed to actually lift the werewolf over his head and bring his foe down into a piledriver.

Keeper used Bleeding Hearts Screwdriver on Garm! 5X Mystic DMG!
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:21 pm

Of course the apothecary would be destroyed. Would the fiends really leave a building like that standing, completely untouched? There didn't seem to be anywhere else to procure other supplies either. She shook her head. Thinking about it now, she wouldn't need it. Fortune had smiled upon her indeed. The weird voices were becoming easier to handle, especially if it meant that she was strong enough to dispatch these hounds. One had fallen to her swing thanks to luck, and hopefully it would continue to favor her and Keeper who looked to be about as stressed as he could be. Thus she sought to lighten the mood. The situation may have been more dire due to the werewolf and its haunting cry which sent a shiver down her spine, but they were going to pull through this.

"You know, for one who was unprepared for battle, you've definitely taken quite good care of yourself. I think I'm feeling a lot better now. As long as Mana is with me, I will be able to recover," she informed the man promptly letting him know that he would no longer have to worry about her. She was empowered and she knew what she had to do now. She had analyzed the situation to its fullest and it was a simple one. The task she had was easy.

Ruby ran towards some nearby debris until she was lined up perfectly with one of the hounds. The closest one could reach her, but the other one would have to wait its turn. Her burns had healed up and her aura was still effective, granted when next she had the chance, she would have to renew it. In the meantime, she lashed out with her naginata to punish the hound.

Ruby moves to H2.

Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Flare Hound 3 takes 5 damage! (Ruby)

Garm takes 15 damage! (Keeper)

Achievement: No Woodsman Needed - Inflict more damage to Garm than Keeper. (Failed)

Spoiler:

{ } { } { } { } {4} { } { } {d} { } G
{d} {R} { } {3} { } { } { } { } { } H

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Enemy Phase 5

Flare Hound 3 moves to H-3.

Flare Hound 3 uses Putrid Claw on Ruby! 4 Atk DMG!

Flare Hound 4 moves to G-3.

Garm attacks Keeper! 10 Atk DMG!

{ } { } {4} { } { } { } { } {d} { } G
{d} {R} {3} { } { } { } { } { } { } H

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 6

Keeper bears the trauma of the lost hero! The stress is unbearable!

Keeper's resolve is tested...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Keeper had been stricken by the brutal claw of the werewolf, and with the piled on stress it would seem it was about to all collapse upon him... But he would not falter. "No... you're absolutely right," he avowed. "To fall here and now would be a disgrace. There are lives depending on the fate of this battle, and the battles yet to come. As long as we do not forget our goal, we will not lose our path. There's no way we're losing to these degenerate excuses for creatures anyway."  That confidence had to have come from the bound soul... it was just unfitting for someone who looked like the Keeper to show even a hint of arrogance in their words. Just who was he really?

Keeper used Bleeding Hearts Screwdriver on Garm! 5X Mystic DMG!
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:17 pm

"That's the way, Keeper!" Ruby exclaimed fiercely with great spirit filling her own voice as she nimbly dodged around the nearby hound and raised her aura once more to protect and regenerate her seeing as how it had dimmed shortly after the fiend's attack.

Ruby moves to J3.

Ruby uses Ruby Gleam! [Bestows Reflect][Bestows Regen]

MP: 5/15

"Come, hounds of hell! Is that all you have?"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:06 am

Garm is knocked the fuck out. (Keeper)

Achievement: No Woodsman Needed - Inflict more damage to Garm than Keeper. (Failed)

Spoiler:

{ } { } {4} { } { } { } { } {d} { } G
{d} { } {3} { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } {R} { } { } { } { } { } { } J

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Enemy Phase 6

Flare Hound 3 moves to I-3.

Flare Hound 3 attacks Ruby! 5 Atk DMG!

Flare Hound 4 moves to H-4.

{d} { } { } {4} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } {3} { } { } { } { } { } { } I

Participants:

{d} - debris
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 7

Keeper bears the trauma of the lost hero! The stress is unbearable! 25 Stress Dmg received!

Their champion had fallen, and after the final strike from Keeper the werewolf had reverted back to human form. Only able to growl in pain, the werewolf scurried off in retreat. Now it was a matter of time before the remaining stragglers were picked off. Ruby and the Keeper had only just arrived in the town, but it had felt like they were fighting a battle that lasted almost an eternity. Once this skirmish was over, they would have time to settle in and rest before the real dangers had to be faced. Keeper maneuvered himself around the fallen roof of an old shop and snuck up on one of the final hounds. His hands darted at almost invisible speed as he grasped the soon-to-be decimated Flare Hound. "I believe you've overstayed your visit," Keeper snarled at his captive. "Your kind is welcome here no more."

Keeper moves to H-5.

Keeper uses Inverted Crucifix Neck Crank on Flare Hound 4! 5X Mystic DMG!
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:13 pm

With the main threat gone, Ruby let out a sigh of relief. The attacks of the hounds had seemed overwhelming at first but now they were laughable. As a matter of fact, she did chuckle before jamming her naginata into the closest hound's body. Things started off in such chaos but she felt so much more calm now. She hoped Keeper felt the same way. He was determined as ever and she believed that they would triumph in this particular battle, though she kept in mind that it was merely the first in what would be akin to a war.

Ruby waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:52 pm

Flare Hound 4 is disintegrated!

Flare Hound 3 is slain!

Spoiler:

Prologue cleared.

Experience:

+30%

Spoils:

-Burnt Out Heart x2
-Sulfur Tooth x1
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:00 am

Music: Peaceful Moment, A Forgotten Luxury
Spoiler:

"I don't know how we did it, but the hamlet is ours again," Keeper sighed, sitting down against a fallen stone pillar. But exactly what was left to reclaim? Few structures were still standing in one piece. "It will take some time to rebuild Aequinoctium to its former glory, but for now we should take a moment to catch our breaths before going about our next plan of action." One of the brawny clods from the caravan ran up to the Keeper to inform him of the endeavors of the others that had been fighting the creatures. "Oi, Keepah. We took care-a the rest aroun' the town. No more sign of those nasty buggers. We lost a few good men, we did, but we sent those evil fucks back to where they came from," the man drawled. "Thank you, Albert," Keeper responded, standing back up. "We'll have you know we've just cleared out the town square, so everything is fine on our end as well."

"Izzat right? Well I think this calls for a celebration! The tavern might've lost its roof, but everythin' else is alright! Time for some drinks!"
"I don't think this is really the right time for that. I mean, people have died today and we still have the matter of taking back the Lorekeeper's esta-"
"CAN'T HEAR YA KEEPAH, ME AND THE BOYS ARE GONNA GET REAL BOOZED UP. YER WELCOME TO JOIN US, BUT IF YOU DON'T WANNA THEN FUGGOFF."

Albert pranced back off into the direction that he arrived from while Keeper let out another exasperated sigh. "It's like I said, Ruby, once the town was ours again they'd just go back to wasting their lives away with ale. Anyway... Ruby. You haven't forgotten, have you? In that letter, the Lorekeeper mentioned the archives in his estate. They'll have his written notes on what exactly we're up against. The problem is, that large manor is most likely overrun with similar creatures in itself - so you'll be going in blind once more. I wish I could accompany you, but I must tend to the rebuilding of this town and the people who have lost their loved ones today. To ask you to go alone would be foolish and suicidal, which is why I've informed the guildmaster of the situation and he's more than happy to lend a hand. His name is Raul and he runs the local tavern in Aequinoctium. The stagecoach carrying the more... capable fighters should have arrived by now, and they should have already checked in with Raul. These men and women will be prepared to risk their lives and fight by your side against whatever horrid creature or abomination you may come across. Raul is also a talented craftsman, and if you have the funds and material, he can forge weapons and armor for you and your allies. I myself dabble a bit in enchanting augmentations to equipment and I can provide such a service for you as well, under the same conditions. If you follow the eastern road, you'll eventually come across the tavern. It's a big building that you can't miss, and apparently, it also has no roof. Please find Raul and tell him you wish to enlist help, he's a large, dark-skinned man with an eyepatch. Once you have willing group, please find me at the abbey before you set out. Follow the northern avenue to find it. I'll be there to answer any questions you might have and supply you with whatever provisions I can. You may go."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Just like that the battle had subsided and all was quiet. Ruby placed her naginata on her back in a leather holding strap that she had in order to free up her hands. Letting out a sigh of relief, she fiddled with her hair a bit as she approached Keeper. There were a few strands out of place but for the most part it held. It didn't matter anyway, especially now that she was on the battlefront.

Their respite was interrupted by one of the other brutes, Albert, appearing to let Keeper know that the other fiends had been dispatched by their various forces, but instead of lending their strength to rebuilding or mourning for the lost, they were to lose themselves in drink. It really was just how Keeper had said. Ruby was disgusted as the man rushed off to meet up with his pals to get wasted, but she would have none of it. Keeper was right. There were far more important matters at hand. The estate was her goal now, but of course nothing could be easy. The place was overrun with monsters. Ruby took Keeper's hand as he finished and gave it a firm shake.

"I hate that you cannot fight by my side anymore. Know that it was an honor to have experienced at least one battle with you," Ruby said graciously. There was far more to Keeper than met the eye. "Take solace in the fact that I have not forgotten my path. I will do as you ask and hopefully find companions worthy of my trust in battle. Until next we meet, Keeper."

With that, Ruby bowed her head and made her way down the eastern road in search of the tavern. All around her Aequinoctium was in such a great state of disrepair. All of the destroyed buildings merely added to the melancholy of the place. Aequinoctium's plight was one that was not so easily rectified. As she marched along she caught sight of Albert and the rest of his goons heading to a fairly large building with...no roof. If that wasn't the tavern she didn't know what was. There was a sign hanging above the doorway, but the print had long since been eroded. She imagined it might have said "tavern" at some point in its existence. She prayed for a day where this place was restored to its former glory.

Taking a step inside, Ruby looked around fiercely, her sharp eyes instantly locking on to a man who absolutely had to be the guy she was searching for. She approached the man at the counter.

"Excuse me, my name is Ruby Red. I'm here to enlist help. Keeper directed me here," Ruby introduced herself and explained her intent.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:24 pm

Music: Drinking a Drink of my Drink
Spoiler:

The town itself may not have been brimming with positivity and cheer, but those in the tavern seemed to be in high spirits, filling the air with raucous laughter and drunken singing. The smelly oafs clinked their mugs together and danced a merry jig as if their town had never been under attack. The tavernkeeper stared on and shook his head while preparing new mugs, until he saw the true hero walk in. The one that introduced herself as Ruby had informed him that she was sent by Keeper to be accompanied by proficient warriors to combat the threats that still remained. "Ruby, huh?" he tried the name out on his tongue, in a deep, gutteral voice. "Funny. My birthstone is ruby. My name is Raul, nice to meet ya. I'm actually relieved you aren't here for a drink; I don't think I can take any more orders of rounds. So yer lookin' for help, huh? Ya came to the right place, and not a moment too soon. The stagecoach just arrived a while ago and I've got a list of volunteers that can assist you. Problem is, I can't lend you the help of all of them, because there are other merc jobs I need to divide up the hands for. Right now, I've got a total of five people under contract, with more soon on the way. You wanna enlist some of them? I'll let you choose three."

Raul slid a sheet of paper across the counter over to Ruby, with the names of the volunteers thus far. "By the way... you said Keeper sent you, right? Don't tell him this but when the Lorekeeper died, it wasn't by those dark beasts from below... he actually... took his own life. I was in the forest nearby when I heard a flintlock go off from his manor. I couldn't go check it out myself because now only the Keeper has the key, but I knew what went down. If Keeper ever found out how the ol' bastard went out... I'm not sure how he'd take it. So I gotta favor I need to ask of ya. If you ever come across the Lorekeeper's body, bring me back the flintlock pistol in his hand so I can hide it. Of course I ain't askin' for free. Do this for me, and I'll forge something you may find useful in yer journey. Sorry for takin' up yer time but I had to ask. Go ahead and pick the lucky three that'll be followin' ya around for what might possibly be the rest of their lives."

-Optional Sidequest: Acquire the Lorekeeper's Flintlock

Available Recruits:

-Movak ♂ (Rank 1 Chimeramorph)
-Wyndam ♂ (Rank 1 Duelist)
-Kristeva ♀ (Rank 1 Winterknight)
-Genevieve ♀ (Rank 1 Duchess)
-"Balls" ♂ (Rank 1 Jester)
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:11 pm

"Your birthstone, eh? Perhaps this was more than a chance encounter," Ruby spoke sincerely offering the good-natured fellow a warm smile. He spoke of himself being elated she wasn't another drunk. Looking around now she noticed there were quite a few people in here, in good spirits, but for what reason? They had secured a temporary victory. The heart of the matter was still at hand, but perhaps it was beyond their feeble minds to comprehend. Ruby was special, however.

"Why would he kill himself...?" Ruby questioned quietly as she scanned the paper of potential recruits for her cause. It didn't make any sense. The Lorekeeper was a very important piece in this equation. Why would he remove himself from it? There was definitely more to this situation than what lie in plain sight. Ruby certainly intended to find out what.

"All right, Raul. You have yourself a deal," Ruby said firmly, eyes still going over the short list. It wasn't very detailed so it was hard to make the right choices. She would have to go on gut instinct it was seeming. "It just so happens that I'm trying to get into the Lorekeeper's estate. Therein lies a great chance I might discover his body, and Keeper has already proclaimed that he will not be venturing with me. The problem stands that I do not know how large this estate is or where the Lorekeeper might be within. Regardless, for Keeper's sake, I shall try." She knew it would be a great burden for Keeper to bear at first, but maybe he would know why the Lorekeeper did it. Maybe she could find the answers herself in his estate. Before she could do anything though, she had to get adequate help.

The Duchess. Make sure she is on your team.

The weird voice again. Okay why should I choose her? What if she's a snob?

You really think she would toss herself into this kind of danger if she were?

Point taken. Why so insistent? What's your reasoning?

Let's just say that royalty has a penchant for being powerful. I would know.

Just who are you anyway?

You already know who I am, Ruby Red. You just don't believe it yet. With that, there was silence in Ruby's mind.

"On a separate topic, Raul, I think I've made my choices. Call upon Movak, Kristeva, and Genevieve for me, please. Let them know that it is there time to shine."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:08 am

"You got it, wait right there," Raul complied, stepping from behind the counter and leaving the tavern. Within a few minutes he returned, followed by three people of dissimilar appearances. The first was a tall man whose clothing choices matched the existence of how many fucks he gave, judging by the listless expression on his face and the fact that he didn't bother putting on a shirt. His long brown hair drooped down to his shoulders, and his body was scarred in various places. Next was a woman of ivory hair, clad in pristine plate armor. In her sheath was a large broadsword with an illegible engraving on the hilt. She too, seemed to wear an expressionless scowl, possibly reflecting apathy or a buried sadness. As she walked in the tavern, snow began to precipitate into the roofless tavern, causing many of the patrons to gripe and complain. Behind her was a shorter young woman, dressed exquisitely in regal fashion and carrying a staff of intricate design. Out of the three, she seemed to be the most teeming with personality; unfortunately it was the personality of a criticizing noble.

"This is where you said we'd meet her? This dingy old dump?" the young woman castigated. "Surely, you are how the commoners say, 'pulling my femur'." Raul raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, looking about as annoyed as ever. "First of all," he began to go off on her. "Shut the hell up. You've done nothing but yammer on about the most trivial pieces of horse dung the entire way here. Second of all, don't you ever call me 'Shirley' or insult my tavern. Third, that's not even how the expression goes. I don't care where ya come from, or who ya are, while yer under my contract you all might as well be a bunch of gremlins born from the mud to me. Ya don't like it? Too bad, shove it, go home, I don't give a hind end of a mule. Now then. You three sorry excuses for human beings, this nice little lady Ruby here is going to give yer pathetic lives some actual meanin'... by fightin' and killin' what she tells ya to fight an' kill! Now go on, you mangy dogs go ahead and introduce yerselves to yer new master."

The woman who had just voiced her concern was unsurprisingly the first to speak her introduction. "The name is Genevieve Tydris, and I'm far more than some lowly dog," she scoffed. "Duchess of House Tydris, and the sure-to-be savior of this pitiful, clodhopping town. You'll do well to show me the proper respect."

-Genevieve has joined the party
Spoiler:
"A dangerous mind. Both in the political courtyard and on the battlefield."

The snowy-haired woman was next to greet Ruby. She knelt down in knightly manner, and bowed her head as she spoke of her provenance. "Well met, Lady Ruby. I am Kristeva Emblyne of the arctic weald. It will be an honor to fight alongside you in this quest to dispel the evil that haunts Aequinoctium. It shall be my duty to protect you, for as long as truth holds you as its champion."

-Kristeva has joined the party
Spoiler:
"Her chilling disposition is matched with an evergreen determination."

Finally, the tall man had stepped forward. He avoided eye contact with Ruby, only gazing off to the side as he made his introduction. "I am Movak Lothian. Do not expect companionship from me, for even though I am bound to aid you, I am simply here to put this damned curse to use until death will at last take me."

-Movak has joined the party
Spoiler:
"Though humanity has abandoned him, he has not yet abandoned his humanity."

"Well aren't they a buncha peaches?" Raul commented sarcastically, turning back over to Ruby. "Alrighty, then Miss Ruby. Go ahead and do whatcha gotta do. Get acquainted with them, lead them to victory, I'm sure ya know what to do. I'm sure Keeper might be interested in gettin' to know them as well, 'cause if these poor saps mess up, he'll be the one readin' their eulogies! Ha!"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:53 pm

Yikes, so she was a snob.  My apologies.

Ruby sighed.  Hearing the squabble between Genevieve and Raul was not encouraging in the slightest.  It was just as she feared.  However, this woman would come to understand that the battlefield was no place for titles.  The enemy cares not of your origin or your life, but only that you meet your untimely death.  Being a Duchess would not spare her any anguish or demise.  She was in for a hard lesson if she thought this would be easy.  Overconfidence was the undoing of many a great fighter.  Hopefully she would not succumb to the same fate.

"It is a great pleasure to meet you all," Ruby said bowing her head to the three in kind.  Her sharp gaze landed on Genevieve quickly after, however.  "In the land from which I hail, respect is earned before given.  You would do well to keep that in mind, Lady Genevieve.  The monsters and fiends that we will be up against care not of the purity of your blood, but only that your blood will quench their thirst, and your guts will sate their hunger."

"My name is Ruby Red," she formally introduced herself to the trio.  "I come from a distant world named Alidaire where I was a mercenary training to become a tactician.  I have learned much in my training but it has come time to put it to the test.  I hope that you will all give me your all in trying to vanquish the threat from this land."

Ruby turned to face Raul and gave him a courteous nod.  "Keeper said I should pay him a visit before leaving for the estate, so that will be our next destination.  I thank you humbly for your assistance.  I am sure we will be in touch."  She beckoned for the others to follow her.  

"Come.  There is a man we must see who will offer us provisions before our mission.  I'll brief you all on it when we arrive.  Forgive my haste, but time is of the essence."  With that she made her way down the northern road to the abbey where Keeper said he would be.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next