Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:50 pm

"Does no one in this land know how to speak a single word of sense, or has this become a new dialect in this realm?" Iris sneered, riled at the interruption of the match. She turned to acknowledge the new challenger in the arena. "If you're looking for a fight however, then that's a language I understand all too well." She backed up several steps, her sword in a guarded position. Much like she how she had started the first battle, she would proceed with caution in order to see what her opponent was capable of, and then strike accordingly.

She was no fool, she knew better than to throw herself at being made completely out fire; no matter how absurd he looked. Just what was the meaning of all this, anyway? For all Iris knew this could have been a plot orchestrated from the beginning by the elves themselves to kill a couple of unsuspecting humans and flaunt their ego as part of some sick game, or perhaps she was being set up so that Renvari had an excuse to attack both his potential opponents while they were weak enough and then claim victory in the tournament. She wouldn't be surprised either way, fair battles were never something she was used to. For now, she would have to wait for a proper opening. All that mattered in this point in time was surviving; questions could be asked later.

Iris moves to A-5.

Iris waits.

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:40 pm

The Colosseum (PVP DISABLED)
Soundtrack: Desert Battle
Atmosphere: Locked In (No Escape)
Objective: Defeat Lord Renvari!

~

Renvari's Whirling Flames has 2 turns left.



( ) ( ) (x) ( ) (I) (x) ( ) ( ) A
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) B
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) C
(x) (L) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) (x) E
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) F
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) G
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) (x) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8


~

"You think gaining distance will aid you!?" Renvari shouts, priming his sword before kicking off at a high speed, slamming Iris into the wall with his rapier puncturing through her solid armor and body. The heat from his body and the flames surrounding his body lick at her skin and burns her . "You cannot escape judgment, criminal!" Lord Renvari declares.

Renvari uses Dash Spire! Impales Iris! 10 Atk DMG!

Iris will be vulnerable to the next attack by Renvari.

Iris takes 1 DMG (Fire) from Whirling Flames!




( ) ( ) (x) ( ) (I) (x) ( ) ( ) A
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) (x) ( ) B
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) C
(x) (L) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) (x) E
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) F
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) G
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8


~

Iris (Errant) *IMPALED*
HP: 19/35
EN: 43/50
ADR: 32/100
Atk: 6
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Crit: 3%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3

Leo (Arbiter) *DEPRAVITY*
HP: 30/40
EN: 46/50
MP: 18/30
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Crit: 3%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells
*Vice: 24/40

Renvari (Fire Elemental) *WHIRLING FIRES*
HP: 50/50
MP: 37/45
EN: 40/50
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 6
Spr: 1
Crit: 2%
Evade: 4%
Move: 3

(R) - Elvennahn Referee (Indestructible)
HP: ???/???
Def: ??
Spr: ??

(x) - Colosseum Wall (Indestructible)

~

While Lord Renvari attacks the two warriors, Vensi found herself face to face with a crowd of angry elves who apparently heard about the theft. Many of them are vying to get into the Colosseum grounds to attack the two humans with Lord Renvari. The guards have their hands full trying to calm the angry crowd and the gates are closed, meaning Vensi cannot get onto the grounds even if she ordered the crowd to part and the guards to open the gates for her. She has to find another way into the battlefield.

"Damn it," Vensi curses again, turning away from the gates and running back up the long stairs. She would have to jump from the stands, which also goes against protocol, but there is no other choice here, not with Lord Renvari's current state.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade on Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:14 pm

Leo waits.

"Ouch, that looked rather painful!" Leo commentated as he reeled back on his heels, about to fall down on the ground before catching himself and allowing his posture to return to it's perfect condition, blade idling. What to do, what to do. Getting close was not going to help, and Swirling Sorrows was just an annoyance not worth the Mana expended. He had a feeling what was left of his Mana reserve could be put to better use, but it was a matter of getting to the point where he could truly make use of it. He sort of regretted his descent into sin, but regret was not enough to warrant redemption.

"Worry not, milady! Should the going get too rough, I have an ace up my sleeve!" Leo assured his temporary partner-in-crime because apparently they were criminals? Now that was a jest if there ever was one. "A bright and shiny ace, you'll see!"

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil on Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:44 pm

Iris coughed blood as the pain made her ears ring. "Justice". How she hated that word. The word alone was a self-righteous tool used to stipulate war and strife. Of course Iris lived for battle and bloodshed, but the only difference was she never claimed what she was doing was right. For her, battle never needed a reason, for it was the reason. Through the embers and sultriness she managed to shoot back a look of absolute defiance back at Renvari, refusing to submit to the heat. Iris spat in his face while she was still pinned to the wall, making it clear she couldn't care less about his "justice". "Shut up. If you're going to fight, then fight as a warrior and not as a preacher. Your complacent pride serves only your ego, elf. The battlefield concerns itself not with your intentions, only your results. Fight me without your futile words, for your blade will carry more weight."

Her own sword was still clutched in her fist, unrelenting her grasp. Mustering her strength, Iris took her weapon and swung it at the elf, disregarding whatever backlash may come of doing so. She would not cower away or beg for mercy; she would continue to her last breath and die with her own dignity should the situation ever arise. This was the path she had chosen, and one she would follow to the very end.

Iris attacks Renvari! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

EN: 41/50

Iris waits.

ADR: 53/100

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:08 pm

The Colosseum (PVP DISABLED)
Soundtrack: Desert Battle
Atmosphere: Locked In (No Escape)
Objective: Defeat Lord Renvari!

~

Renvari's Whirling Flames has 1 turns left.



( ) ( ) (x) ( ) (I) (x) ( ) ( ) A
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) (x) ( ) B
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) C
(x) (L) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) (x) E
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) F
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) G
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8


~

"You speak of complacent pride and arrogance, but I tell you this," Lord Renvari sneered, drawing closer to Iris' face as he spoke. "An elf who has lived for as long as I have cannot be defeated by mere humans. I have deserved the right to speak with pride for I have defeated the mightiest beasts and even the dragons that once soared the skies." Renvari pushed himself off of Iris, drawing her blade out of her body and taking enough steps back so that the flames that whirl around him no longer reach her.

"You wish to feel the weight of my power? Then you shall." The fire elemental raised his fist into the air, clenched tightly as blood red fire drips from his molten flesh. The hand opens and extends like a claw, reaching for the skies to grasp the power of the sun and lay out a wide area beneath Iris that burns with rancid magic and fire.

"Behold and despair! I shall turn your very bones back to the dust from which it came!"

"Stop!" A voice shouts from above Iris as the form of a proud eagle swoops down in front of her. The instant the bird lands it's feathers begin to molt and fall off as its body changes dramatically. A body rises up from the bird's feathers and takes the form of a woman with pointed ears and glowing violet eyes, wearing a pure white dress with golden cuffs around her neck and wrists and hip. The magic overloads beneath Iris and springs up to engulf her, but the elven woman raises her arm and plants her feet on the ground. With a single shout she redirects the fire away from Iris, possibly saving her life.

"Lady Lanadie, what is the meaning of this?!" Lord Renvari is shocked by the woman's appearance, clearly, though perhaps more shocked by the angry scowl across her face than her physical form.

Renvari moves to D-5

Renvari casts Liqu Font beneath Iris! 11 Int Fire DMG! Chance of Burn!


Vensi appears at B-5!

The spell is deflected! No damage!



( ) ( ) (x) ( ) (I) (x) ( ) ( ) A
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (V) ( ) (x) ( ) B
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) C
(x) (L) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) (x) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) (x) E
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) F
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) G
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8


Vensi (Invoker) *RESIST ALL*
HP: 30/30
EN: 50/50
MP: 35/35
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Crit: 4%
Evade: 2%
Move: 2

Iris (Errant)
HP: 19/35
EN: 41/50
ADR: 47/100
Atk: 6
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Crit: 3%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3

Leo (Arbiter) *DEPRAVITY*
HP: 30/40
EN: 50/50
MP: 20/30
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Crit: 3%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells
*Vice: 24/40

Renvari (Fire Elemental) *WHIRLING FIRES*
HP: 50/50
MP: 37/45
EN: 40/50
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 6
Spr: 1
Crit: 2%
Evade: 4%
Move: 3

(R) - Elvennahn Referee (Indestructible)
HP: ???/???
Def: ??
Spr: ??

(x) - Colosseum Wall (Indestructible)

~

"Lord Renvari!" Vensi snaps, taking a step closer to the much older elf and blocking his view of the woman he has just tried to burn. "You will stand down at once! This goes against centuries of progress with the humans after your colossal failure seven hundred years ago. You will follow procedure or be put to trial yourself!" The look Vensi receives from the elven lord is far from obedience. He says nothing, though perhaps that is from the shock of seeing another elf interfere with his plans. Could he be the missing link she was looking for all this time? Visions and prophecies always account for the personalities of men so that the future set in motion will always come to pass.

"Lord Renvari, are you responsible for the murders of Hoteph and Zwei?" Vensi inquires calmly, the scowl on her face never leaving and the glow in her eyes brightening. Yes, the vision is becoming clearer now. Lord Renvari betrayed them, a thousand-year-old elf betrayed his own people. How utterly despicable.

"Come now, Lanadie," the old elf says, relaxing his shoulders ever so slightly. "Do you honestly believe what you are asking? What use have I for some jewel when I have this kind of power?"

"I don't recall you ever being told what the prize was," Vensi states quickly, raising her arm and pointing the flat of her palm towards Renvari. Electricity starts running down her sleeve into her palm, magic that is nearly ready to be released, but she holds it. "Answer my question, Lord Renvari, and depending on your answer I will execute you here and now."

"Humans killed Hoteph and Zwei. I seek to measure judgement against their conspirators. After that, we will have to see about the human nations. They cannot be trusted. They could never be trusted after they turned on us-ARGH!" The sentence cut off as Vensi released the lightning stored in her palm, hitting the elemental square on his chest.

"I've heard enough," Vensi declares, turning her head to the two humans, mostly towards Iris whom she had just saved from a nasty burn. "I must apologize in advance, but I require your assistance. Lord Renvari has declared you criminals, but I know this to be false. It is he who is the criminal. Assist me in his execution and I will reward you two greatly."

Vensi casts Levinstrike on Renvari! 9 Int Lightning DMG! Chance of Shock! Chance of Paralysis!

EN: 42/50
MP: 23/35

Vensi now benefits from Elemental Convergence! +30% Lightning Resist! +10% Water Resist!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:25 pm

"All right!  Break time's over!"

Leo uses Heinous Desire! [Damage output +20%]

EN: 46/50

MP: 14/30

"Well, Lady Elf, I certainly know I am not a criminal.  Sin, I have, but never would I imagine committing a crime against your kind!  The mere thought is preposterous!  If you are truly ready to lay judgment upon this elf here, then count the kind balance-seeker as a piece in your pocket," Leo proclaimed with a bow, the black aura surging back up around him.  He trained his glowing red eyes on Renvari who could hardly be called a Lord if he had truly betrayed his own people.  

"Now THAT is what I call sin!  Oh will the mighty hammer of righteousness fall upon thee?  I think so!"

Leo waits.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:35 pm

"I'll see to the end of him," Iris assured the elf who came to her aid. "Not for what you believe to be your own lawfulness, but because he chose to oppose me." She was far from done, far from letting Renvari get away with attacking her and there was no other excuse Iris needed to kill him. Righteous or criminal, just or villainous, all would meet their end by the blade in the never-ending cycle of blood. This was no different.

She moved from behind the elven woman, stepping forward to face Renvari again. "You have NOT seen the likes of me!"

Iris moves to C-5.

Iris attacks Renvari! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

EN: 39/50

ADR: 53/100

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:06 pm

The Colosseum (PVP DISABLED)
Soundtrack: Desert Battle
Atmosphere: Locked In (No Escape)
Objective: Defeat Lord Renvari!

~

Renvari takes 13 DMG! CRITICAL HIT!! (Vensi)

Renvari evades Shock.

Renvari evades Paralysis.

Vensi benefits from Elemental Convergence! (Lightning) (3 turns)

Vensi gains Doublecast!

Renvari takes 4 DMG! (Iris)

Iris is Burned by Renvari's Blast Zone!

Renvari's Whirling Flames fades.



( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) A
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (V) ( ) (x) ( ) B
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) (I) ( ) ( ) (x) C
(x) (L) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) (x) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) (x) E
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) F
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) G
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8


"Ach!" Lord Renvari moans, clutching onto his heart after the bolt of lightning struck him with great force. The bolt of magic hit a sweet spot on his body, dealing far more than it should have in that moment. His breathing grows heavy as he attempts to conjure forth more magic, but Vensi's bolt interfers with his magic and makes it difficult for him to move. It does not take long for him to break free of the magic, however, and he soon returns to his normal posture, raising his hand with a snarl to ignite a flame beneath his assailant once again. "You will not dispel this magic!" Renvari snarls.

Renvari casts Liqu Font on Iris! 11 Int Fire DMG!

Vensi's Adaptable Resistance activates! Iris shares 10% Fire Resistance!

Iris takes 8 DMG!

Iris is in Critical condition!



( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) A
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (V) ( ) (x) ( ) B
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) (I) ( ) ( ) (x) C
(x) (L) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) (x) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) (x) E
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) F
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) G
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8


Vensi's Elemental Convergence (Lightning) has 3 turns left.

Vensi's Doublecast has 2 turns left.

Iris is Burning for 3 turns.

Leo has Desire for 3 turns.

~

Vensi (Invoker) *RESIST ALL**ELEMENTAL CONVERGENCE: LIGHTNING**DOUBLECAST*
HP: 30/30
EN: 42/50
MP: 23/35
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Crit: 4%
Evade: 2%
Move: 2

Iris (Errant) *BURN**CRITICAL*
HP: 11/35
EN: 39/50
ADR: 76/100
Atk: 6
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Crit: 3%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3

Leo (Arbiter) *DEPRAVITY**DESIRE*
HP: 30/40
EN: 46/50
MP: 14/30
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Crit: 3%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells
*Vice: 24/40

Renvari (Fire Elemental)
HP: 29/50
MP: 23/45
EN: 30/50
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 6
Spr: 1
Crit: 2%
Evade: 4%
Move: 3

(R) - Elvennahn Referee (Indestructible)
HP: ???/???
Def: ??
Spr: ??

(x) - Colosseum Wall (Indestructible)

~

The electricity she released pulses through her own body, empowering the elven mage with an even greater power and resistance. When she saw the spell rise on the ground she knew she couldn't stop it, but she did know how to help. Vensi lifted her hand and sent forth her energy into Iris in that single moment before the fire consumed the woman. Her eyes shone brightly with the activation of her magic and part of the spell Renvari used was limited.

"Your spells won't have as great of effect with me here, Lord Renvari," Vensi declares, charging up her lightning spell yet again. Without a warning she shot forward that bolt of lightning into Renvari's chest, the lightning dealing great amounts of damage to the magic-weakened elven lord.

Vensi casts Levinstrike on Renvari! 9 Int Lightning DMG! Chance of Shock! Chance of Paralysis!

EN: 34/50
MP: 11/35

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:23 pm

"THE LIGHT! It shines so brightly!"

R-Ability Sudden Change to the Chosen Path activates!

Leo seeks Redemption!

VIRTUE: 0/40

Leo is blessed with the Light of Salvation!

Leo moves to C2.

Finally, the light had shown itself. It had taken quite some time, but when Leo caught wind of Iris taking so much damage from the brutal elf, he knew he must discard his sin, stop being so selfish in his desires, and aid this powerful warrior who for now was on his side whereas once they were opponents pitted against each other in a fierce match. No, the circumstances of things had changed and as such, Leo had to adapt.

Leo casts Promise on Iris! [+6 HP Recovered]

EN: 42/50

MP: 8/30

VIRTUE: 6/40

A ring of brilliant light surrounded Leo as he closed his eyes and concentrated. The golden hue of the radiance contrasted greatly with the dark aura that surrounded him, but in that moment he was a figure of absolute tranquility. Words in a long forgotten language etched themselves upon the air and Leo began to mutter a foreign chant, pleading with the highest powers of light and righteousness to bless him with the power to aid--to heal, and to mend. Opening his eyes, he waved his sword towards Iris sending the ring of light blasting off in her direction, halting only once it was near enough to begin to orbit her body, moving up and down in the air, slowly regenerating her body and sewing up the mortal wounds upon her.

"Quite shiny as I promised, yes?"

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:22 am

Iris was nearly at her limit, the surmounting burns were tearing away at her. It was then that a soothing light circled around her and rejuvenated her stamina. To be assisted by someone she had tried to fight with murderous intent not to long ago... how fickle fate was. Fickle, and mordant. Being so close to crossing over into the afterlife in the craw of combat had not dissuaded her taste in fighting, but rather further incite it. Her eyes brimmed with a vermilion glow as she endured the crackling flames that tried to engulf her.

Iris consumes her Adrenaline! Additional basic attacks enabled!

She brandished her sword in barbaric fashion, and though they were as wild and reckless as her initial strikes, her swings were now thrown at a boundless speed. Everything Iris had was being pushed into these attacks, fueled by the desire of victory. Life and death. This is what it meant to its core. Iris staked her claim to her own life and would not allow it to be lost to a haughty, so-called veteran. "Never underestimate your enemy. Never assume anyone to be the same. Learn this in the next life; your time is up here. Hopefully it won't take you another thousand years."

Iris attacks Renvari! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

EN: 37/50

Iris attacks Renvari! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

EN: 34/50

Iris attacks Renvari! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

EN: 29/50

Iris attacks Renvari! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

EN: 21/50

Iris attacks Renvari! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

EN: 9/50

ADR: 5/100

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:19 pm

[color=#ff6600]The Colosseum (PVP DISABLED)
Soundtrack: Desert Battle
Atmosphere: Locked In (No Escape)
Objective: Defeat Lord Renvari!

~

Renvari takes 8 DMG! (Vensi)

Renvari is Shocked!

Renvari evades Paralysis!

Iris restores 6 HP! (Leo)

Iris unleashes a swarm of basic attacks! 4 DMG! 4 DMG! 8 DMG! CRITICAL HIT!! 4 DMG! 4 DMG (Miss)!

Renvari KO!


( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) A
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (V) ( ) (x) ( ) B
(x) (L) ( ) ( ) (I) ( ) ( ) (x) C
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) (x) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (R) (x) E
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) F
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) G
( ) (x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) (x) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8


Renvari has been neutralized...

Objective Complete!
Victory Soundtrack

Rewards

Party Experience:
+5 - Lord Renvari
+2 - No party members KO'ed
+0 - No items used (no items in inventory)

Total Party Experience: 7/10 (3 until next level)

Items Found:
+1 Molten Shell

Key Items Found:
+1 Evidence of Betrayal

Gold Found: None

Combat Experience:
+4 from Renvari
+6 Objective Cleared!

Total Combat Experience: +10 (20 until next level [All units])

Please update your profiles, I will be following up with another update shortly.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:36 pm

The fire elemental known as Lord Renvari collaspes there on the sands. Before the might of the warrior and the elven mage, Vensi Lanadie, the thousand-year-old elf finally fell to his knees in defeat. Vensi sees clearly the vision laid out before her, and the prophecy that once tormented her thoughts could now be laid to rest. It was this woman, a human warrior of supreme strength and skill, whom was in her vision. But not just her, the human man and Vensi herself were also there to contribute. The evidence is clear, and Vensi knows herself to be a pure soul, untouched by the corruption of the Founder's Jewel.

"See what lies before you, human," Vensi speaks, her voice echoing across the walls of an empty arena. "And pay your respects, for you are about to witness the death of an immortal being. It is not something we elves take lightly as you humans do, not even for a criminal such as he." At her words, the form of the elf began to change. His molten skin turned black as the fire on his body cooled down. Ash fell from his corpse and touched the sand, a continuous stream of sand until his whole body was nothing but dust. A strong wind blew and the ashes scattered into the air, and with it came a powerful sensation of great loss. It overcame Vensi and the two elves who witnessed the battle, but the sensation only barely touched the two humans, they would feel only a modicum of the regret Vensi feels.

"Lord Mou," Vensi calls over to the mousy elf standing by the mountain. "I trust you can give my father and the other Lords of the Elven Court a proper report of what transpired here?" The elven mouse slides down the mountain's shoulders and into the sand. He takes a moment to brush off his vest but once he does he bows his head low to the ground, nearly touching the sand in the process.

"Of course, Lady Vensi," he says, then skitters off the arena. To that Vensi turns and gestures towards the two humans who assisted in Renvari's defeat. A light blessing of water flows from her hands to surround them, soothing their injuries and restoring their vitality. Vensi's eyes glowed brightly as the magic worked on them, and those violets continued to shine once the magic lifted.

"I have you two to thank for this. I also must deeply apologize on behalf of the Elvennahn. We have shown you a great disappointment where there should have been glory and progress. But Renvari will never be able to repeat the calamity he caused seven hundred years ago. If there is any boon you would ask of me, say it and I will do all in my power to grant it to you."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Leo watched idly as the powerful female warrior laid into the elf assailant with a newfound power--one that he was glad he did not have the chance to be on the receiving end of. If she had managed to do that, he would have surely fallen. But things had certainly changed dramatically. He let his sword go back into the sheath at his side and folded his arms over his chest as the lady elf approached the fallen Lord and addressed him and the other warrior. The death of an immortal being, hm?

Leo watched as the ancient elf warrior who had once possessed much strength literally wasted away into nothingness--naught but ash upon the wind in a way that Leo found profound. He watched closely as the ashes were swept away with the wind and he felt a strange pang of sadness in his heart. True be it that this elf had set upon them falsely with the intent to end them, but it was still a shame that such an ancient life had to be terminated. The other elves in the arena looked in much more pain and regret than he could have possibly felt and he relished briefly in the fact that he could not feel what they did.

"Milady, you need not thank me, at least," Leo said and bowed his head in respect, a warm smile upon his face. The light still lingered about him and he felt a pleasant feeling replace that sense of loss over time. "The actions of one cannot possibly condemn the entire race. Your quickness to defend and calmness of mind was enough to completely erase the late Lord's wrong-doings. In all things, there is balance."

"It may please or displease you to hear that I yearn for nothing material. The sole purpose of my existence now is to seek balance between light and darkness and harness that power so that I may quell conflict across the land, helping both evil and good understand each other. The Elvennahn culture is obviously rich in conflict, and I aim to understand. If there was one thing you could grant to me, it could be setting me on the proper path to help me attain what I desire, at least from this particular land. There is a whole world to explore, after all. This journey is one not so easily rushed, I do say!" His grin widened at the end and he ventured a laugh. He could have had so much money or treasure, but that mattered not. He grew up in money and treasure. That was old news. Such things were so trivial and though a good source of sin, it was already something he understood all too well--it would not help him on his journey now.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:09 pm

She observed the passing of Renvari in silence, eyes half-lidded with her bloodthirsty frenzy subsided. A warrior's death. There were so many that Iris had witnessed, and she awaited the day when hers would come to her. For now her sanguine appetite was fulfilled, and the storming ire coursing through her veins had ceased to boil. Iris would have much preferred to fight alone, however given the circumstances she knew she would have been outmatched. It was never easy to admit such a cold truth, but as she had told Renvari: pride serves only one's ego. Only a knight upholding the code would care to fight in even numbers, but fairness was already a principle Iris had abandoned. Victory was victory no matter what method was used to obtain it.

Iris could not feel grief or remorse over Renvari's death, for he had died fighting for what he believed in; what more could he ask for? To Iris, he was but another foe driven before her in defeat, his feats and accolades would only remain alive in the lives that he touched. Out of respect, she breathed not a word and allowed the moment of their lament to pass. The elven woman then treated the injuries of the two humans with her magic, and Iris felt her wounds disappear, just like awaking from a dream.

"It is I who should thank you," Iris replied to the elf. "Without your aid I may not have been still standing here, and I may now live to grow from my faults and foibles, and continue fighting. To allow my armor to be pierced with but a single strike, however..." Iris touched upon her skin, exposed from the shattered plating. "It is unacceptable. If you would be so kind as to spare any materials in which I may use to craft arms and armor of more exceptional quality, then you would have my gratitude. Worry not of it, though. It has been a long day. Ale or wine would be a godsend right about now, and it would be enjoyable to partake before I venture off for greater fights."

It was then that Iris turned to Leo. "As for you, you strange man. You have aided me in this fight as well... somewhat... and you have my thanks for it. However, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to have any battles unresolved. I wish to settle our match, but on another day. For that, I would ask you for your name, but not without first extending the courtesy of offering you my own. I am Iris Xildeth, and I look forward to the day where my blade collides once more with yours."

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Leo mentally cursed himself. Wine sounded like an absolute delight now that the female warrior had mentioned it! He should have asked for that! He laughed at the thought, however. Wine could be attained anyday. Learning about the Elvennahn history of bloodshed and conflict to aid in his attaining of balance was something he couldn't possibly pass up! He was sure this elf in particular would know somewhere he could go to peruse scrolls or tomes or monoliths in search of answers and knowledge. When he attained such power, maybe then would be the right time to face off against this powerful warrior once more.

"I am Leopold Argrund Churchill, so-called heretic of the Churchill family," Leo introduced himself and bowed deeply to the woman who introduced herself as Iris. "Though our battle remain unfinished, there will come a time when I would love to fight once more, I assure you! Just a warning, I'll be even more spry by then, and wary of that immense strength of yours. You could say I'm looking forward to it myself, brave soul." He smiled and placed a hand over his heart.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:07 pm

Vensi witnessed the interaction between the two humans and let a smile grace her lips. Humans were indeed so very interesting. Each one had so many different quirks and mannerisms. For being so heavily populated at that, there are not nearly as many elves as there are humans, and while many have a favorite form, most of them overlap in many areas concerning personality. That is why it is so difficult to see one elf turn to madness or crime, for it usually means that there will be more. Vensi herself was akin to Lord Renvari in some ways, but she could not imagine herself becoming jaded by humans, even after six hundred years of progress.

"Come, dust," Vensi murmurs softly to the wind, raising her hands towards the woman whom called herself Iris. The sand beneath their feet rose up and gathered together around the woman's armor. "Take from the memory of that which you touch and take shape to fill in what was lost." With those words, the sand and dust took form and hardened, even changing color to match the armor that Iris wore, filling in the holes that Renvari's blade caused. When the magic finished, Vensi lowered her hands and spoke again to the woman.

"Even if a smith cannot repair an armor, metal remembers its shape and magic can tap into that," she explains simply. "If you wish to improve your arms and armor, I can grant you an audience with my father's personal smith. We elves have been honing the craft for many centuries, you will find no better smiths anywhere else. While I have no materials with which to gift you, this land is rich in natural resources. And I would be happy to point you to a brewery and treat both of you to a fine meal and drink."

"As for the Elvennahn history,"
Vensi turns to Leo next and speaks unto him now. "If I sat us down and spoke to you of my culture and history then you would be naught but dust before I could finish. If you are truly interested, I encourage you to visit the thrones of our old gods. There are many shrines to immortals whom have done much for both mine and your race hidden across the lands. It is quite the pilgrimage, I have walked it many times and would be glad to do so again." As an aside to the warrior woman, Vensi adds, "I am sure they will welcome a challenge even if it came from a human."

"But I have lost my manners. Allow me to introduce myself,"
Vensi took a moment to brush her hand against her stomach and bowed before the two humans. "My name is Vensi Lanadie, one of the three Ladies of the Elven Court. You may call me by either name."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Leo watched in awe as the elf repaired Iris's armor before their very eyes with ease. It seems she was capable of a lot but Leo expected as much from one of the elves. He awaited patiently as she addressed Iris's wishes first, and when it came to his time, he listened attentively as the elf explained to him that the history of the Elvennahn was vast and expansive--covering all of it was no mortal task, but fortunately he was already very well aware of it. He just needed tidbits here and there. She recommended the pilgrimage to the shrines which sounded like a positively lovely idea. He was already taking a journey so what else would be better to occupy his time?

"Lady Vensi, it is an immense pleasure," Leo said and bowed to the powerful elf who was so courteous and kind. The late Renvari could have learned a thing or two from her example had he been willing. But he chose his path and look where it got him. "A meal sounds great, but the pilgrimage intrigues me all the more! I will definitely take you up on that right there. My only regret is that I had not heard about them sooner. Just with that information right there you have done me a great favor."

What thrill! There was sure to be much to learn from the shrines to the immortals, and immortals knew quite a bit about chaos and order, good and evil. He had not been this excited about anything in a while, save for the coliseum matches. Now he had something to look forward to and a goal to strive towards.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil on Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:23 pm

"Well met to the both of you," Iris addressed both Leo and Vensi, though Leo's enthusiasm and compliance made Iris unsure if Leo was going to take their newfound rivalry seriously. When she said that she wished to settle their match, it went without saying that it would mean the end of one of them. She didn't expect one to be so... nonchalant over such a matter, or perhaps he was truly mad. For someone that claimed to seek balance between the moral elements, he was proving to be unpredictable. Was there nothing that could get under his skin?

She then looked down to where the new metal was formed in her armor, tapping it with her finger to see whether or not it would give way. Sure enough, the replaced plating's integrity was in line with the rest of the armor. It was so strange to Iris, the fact that there was even more than flesh that could be mended with magic. Whenever her armor would break, she would always have to craft replacements, or forge an entirely new set depending on the degree of damage. To see it reformed to perfection at a wave of a hand made manual labor seem so... insignificant.

"Wherever you see fit to visit first, I will have no qualms with your direction."

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Background: Sand of the Oasis

With a smile and a simple gesture of her hand Vensi leads the two humans away, past the sandy arena and the elven mountain sitting in the corner. The archway leads into the base of the Colosseum, where contenders have to navigate through narrow hallways and rooms filled with cages of fantastical beasts of different shapes and sizes. The Colosseum is not limited to only human and elven fighting, but also trails and contests of strength. One creature hiding in the shadows of its cage lashes forward when the elf and two humans pass by in an attempt to startle them. Its snake-like head is wrapped in a heavy iron blindfold to keep it from looking at those who pass by it. The giant snake is incredibly thick but short in length, causing its body to appear stunted, but the claws poking out from its lower body and deadly red pattern across its back is no mistake. Basilisks are far more deadly than they appear.

Vensi ignores the beasts in their containers and brings Leo and Iris to the main holdings of the Colosseum. The sun's light floods into the room from the openings above them in the high stone ceiling and great pillars line the path into different chambers. The Colosseum is open to all who wish to enter and it is a place where many elves gather to remove themselves from the intense heat. The exit is clearly marked and wide enough for many to pass through. Once the trio steps into the full light of the sun and into the elven city they can finally see the land for what it is worth.

Centuries of cultivation, though the tender work of hands and the perfection of magic, the elves turned a simple desert oasis into a paradise teeming with rich grasses and abundant wildlife. The rocky terrain was molded into soft sand and dirt, allowing grass and trees and berries to grow where there was no room for life. The temperature this time of year is very high, but the canopy of giant palms grants enough shade from the sun to allow a cool, fresh breeze to blow past them. A great mist flows upwards several yards past them, obscuring the sky beyond from view.

Vensi takes a deep breath in, glad to be removed from the Colosseum's harsh, sandy pit. The great stadium was built with a mind to bring forth all the severity of the desert. The sand makes for poor footing and the rocks strewn about the arena are reminiscent of the desert just outside the city limits. A skilled fighter would be able to make use of these things to gain an advantage over his - or her - opponent. That and the sand's thirst for blood can never be sated.

Vensi gathers herself up again and continues forward, kicking off her shoes so that she might step barefoot on the soft ground. Other elves are seen walking barefoot here as well, should they be of a mind to wear clothing at all, some take the form of beasts or elementals, like Renvari did. Vensi brings Leo and Iris to the edge of a cliff that overlooks the rest of the elven city. Below them are homes woven together with grass and wood, creating a small populace where the folk tend to a whole manner of animals. Sheep, dogs, horses, and even deer are taken and given great care and freedom in the oasis. The mist that rises up past the city is the source of the desert's paradise, a massive waterfall that empties out into a large lake at the base of a mountain. The elves care deeply for this vital source of life and have nurtured it from small puddles on a mountain into a great lake and series of rivers that run for miles through caves below the surface.

"Were you given a formal welcome when you arrived here?" Vensi asks the two human travelers, turning so that she can look into their eyes for a few moments. She smiles and takes a deep bow before them, touching her palms to her stomach. She stops there for a second and then rises, allowing her hands to skin over her white dress. Before their very eyes the dress shimmers and glows with a dark light, changing its form just as Vensi had done before. The white dress and golden bangles turn into a black strap across her chest and a skirt made of long grass fibers. "Welcome to Imka Vestalis, the Oasis of the Sun." As if by some cue, the mist lessens and allows them to see the true form of Imka Vestalis.

Spires of white and violet crystals pierce through the sky to create perhaps the most majestic castles the world has ever known. The elven city goes on for miles in every direction, never mind the small hovels at the foot of the falls. The castles are so high in the sky they appear to float there, suspended only by the power of Elvennahn magic. It is clear that it was magic that brought these beautiful crystals up to form these spires, but to create so many would take more than just a few centuries.

"It is beautiful, is it not?" Vensi asks them, looking over her shoulder at the city. "It is the pride and joy of the my people. The Elvennahn regret that we had to leave Ermith, but not many of us would trade this for another chance on our home continent. Come! We will go down below for a meal and drink and then I will take you to my father's place above." With that Vensi takes her guests down to the lower levels, through an enclosed ramp of vines and leaves that feels more sturdy than the stone walls of the Colosseum. She picks out one of the hovels built larger than the others and allows the humans to enter after her.

Inside the tavern, for it is clear that is what it is, a sweet aroma wafts past them and fills them with great energy and thirst. Only a few elves sit in the confines of the tavern, most of them appearing mostly human like Vensi, while one takes the shape of an unknown beast with great tusks and fire-orange fur. It stands on two legs and appears intimidating, but by the weight and frequency of his snores, the old elf is unlikely to take notice of a couple humans. The elven man sitting at a hefty table of black wood waits for them to approach, a sharp grin on his face.

"My Lady Lanadie," the man says once they approach him. "To what do I owe the honor of your smile?" His words are sincere and respectful and he bows his head before speaking. Holding the title of "Lady of the Elven Court" means far more to the Elvennahn than it might for the humans.

"Bring out your finest, Jak," Vensi says lightly. "We have a victory to celebrate and honors to give. Let the humans taste of only our best and be left with more than simple satisfaction. That is why they were invited to begin with, no?"

"To ease our relationship with each other and make sure no failures of either race could cause another rift between us." The Elvennahn are not a people to take failures lightly, especially if it be from their own race. One being does not live for a thousand years only to want to become an object of hatred in the eyes of his immortal brethren. Those that do would rather die or go into a deep sleep. With the wine poured and meat cooking, the smell of sweet aromas only intensify, deepening appetite and a desire to drink more. It would be dangerous for those incapable of resisting temptation to stay here for very long.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:02 pm

Leo was definitely in a cheerful mood in accord with the recent events that had transpired. True be it that the whole coliseum thing was out now, and the fact that they had almost met their end at the hands of an ancient elf was horrible, but with everything resolved and a promise of a journey resulting in knowledge he would most certainly be grateful to attain, Leo couldn't help but feel elated to no end.

The man followed Lady Vensi, and received probably the most wondrous welcome he probably could have received anywhere. As the mists cleared and the view of the oasis came to light, he was blown away and had to rub his eyes to adjust to all the splendor that lie before him. This place was beautiful beyond compare with a landscape straight from the most fantastical of novels--a land of dreams and desires, mesmerizing mortals whose eyes beheld the sight. Down below were homes integrated into nature, the respect for it emanating from the structures, and the pride of the elves palpable in the air. It was splendid and intoxicating. Leo drank it all in with fervor.

Leo kept silent and moved on with eyes wide, taking in the sensory overload that was Imka Vestalis. They all continued on until they reached one of the more larger hovels in the area and entered it where Leo was greeted with an atmosphere far more intoxicating than what was outside, and in a much different way.

"From the feeling of this place, I must say, the drinks surely must be extravagant," Leo commented, holding himself in delight. Shivers traversed his spine and his mouth watered. He had a thirst he did not quite understand but the Elvennahn drink was sure to slake it.

"I will admit, the conflict between the races makes for interesting study material, but I am happy to see things be peaceful, at least in some modicum," Leo added after the bartender commented on the hopes another rift would not be created between the two races.

"Lady Vensi, if I may be so forward, and I do apologize, but are there others like the late Lord Renvari who would be so....brazen? To be in that much of a hurry to have us killed?"

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:45 pm

So it was, Imka Vestalis, a city of legend - or perhaps one trying to disappear from legend. To have an entire civilization hidden under a veil of magic must have meant that the elven culture wished to not be disturbed by prying eyes. It worked, to an extent as Iris had only heard rumors of what their practices and architecture was like, but that's all they were; just rumors. It had never bothered her for her speculations were never liable to absurd flights of fancy. It was unlike humans to journey into the desert for mere touristry alone anyway.

A lush, arcadian wonderland lay before them, and Iris remained reticent as she followed Vensi, observing the daily lives of the elves. Being a wandering knight, Iris saw many dissimilarities between cultural settlements, but the Elvennahn proved to be something different altogether. She stopped momentarily in marvel of the floating crystalline structures that loomed upon the horizon; their prismatic luster shimmering against the golden rays of the sun. It must have been rather inconvenient and impractical for one to live in a home suspended in the air and disconnected from the rest of the town, but such a thought was dismissed when Iris remembered that the elves could simply change form to that of a winged creature and fly from their aerial dwellings. As a human who would undoubtedly splatter into a pile of blood and viscera from falling from such blinding heights, Iris preferred to have her feet firmly planted on the ground.

At last they arrived in the tavern. Aside from the hairy-looking creature sleeping away, the tavern didn't differ so much from a human tavern - actually, the hairy creature only added to the authenticity of the kinds of taverns Iris was used to seeing. Vensi called for their drinks as they had a small exchange about mending the relationships between humans and elves, while Leo interjected with his own curiosity on the subject. These sorts of matters never concerned Iris, however she had her own opinion. "I do not believe any one elf or human has the authority to speak on behalf of an entire race. Discrimination lies within the heart of the individual - it's just 'coincidental' that such ideals are often shared or influenced upon others in any given faction. I hold no hatred in my heart towards the progeny of any one descent. Should any one foolish enough dare stand in the way of my blade; they will be cut down. That sole precept alone is enough to dictate where I stand in that regard."

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:34 pm

"Worry not, dear Leo," Lady Vensi assures with a smile. The elf, Jak, taking care of their meal and drink brings over a thin, yet wide bowl formed from crystal glass with a deep, red liquid for her and she takes it from him, drinking from it modestly. "Perfect temperature," she hums, nodding to the elven tender. He smiles and brings over two half-sized cups made from the same crystal glass and pours the same red liquid into those cups, then handing them over to Leo and Iris. "I hope you both enjoy this wine as much as I do," Vensi says, gesturing to the cups. "As you know, magic is the lifeblood of our world. It is what creates all things majestic and terrible, so we Elvennahn weave it into all that we create."

"Drink sparingly, it may be too strong for mortals to handle well," Jak adds after, then returns to the crystals behind him.

"You need not worry of elves acting out as Lord Renvari did," Vensi continues, taking another modest sip from her bowl. "Renvari acted based upon his ideals. Besides that I have reason to suspect he was involved in the murder of my friends, Hoteph and Zwei. We elves learned to be a more peaceful race after Lord Renvari's failure so long ago. And no one would dare take arms up against you if you have my favor."

A great snort echoes through the tavern from the colossal beast. The giant elf still sleeps, but his body has started to slide and fall. Vensi allows herself a small smile and gingerly places her cup down on the table. She walks over to the great beast and just as it begins to fall, reaches out to catch him and heave his body back onto the table with astounding ease. The touch of her hands awakens the elf and he lifts his bear-shaped head to look at the lady elf. The elf mutters a few words in a different tongue to Vensi. She responds in the same tongue and from her words the great beast grunts and gets up to stumble out the tavern.

Vensi returns to the bar and takes up her drink again. "Elves must seem strange to you," she says, swirling the liquid in her cup with a smile. "That was Erris," Vensi gestures towards the empty chair where the giant beast had been sleeping. "Don't be fooled by his appearance, he is a wonderful man. I could ask for no greater friend and partner."

"We have opened our borders to humans because we want you to see us for what we are," Vensi tells them, though she looks at Iris mostly. "Though years of effort and change we have decided that we would rather give ourselves the opportunity to learn from humans rather than dismiss them. In exchange we will tell you much of our people and our culture, so that you may learn from us and we can grow in strength together. The Elvennahn Court is done with war."

With those words spoken, Jak turns back to the table with a small bit of meat attached to a long fork. Vensi takes the meat with her nails and pops the whole thing into her mouth, closing her eyes as she chews. After a deep breath and another smile, she nods without saying a word and Jak turns around to prepare the plates. A rich, red juice flows from each slab of meat, small in size, no larger than the palm of Vensi's hand. The slabs sit atop a small mountain of fresh rice and are surrounded by a forest of assorted vegetables all cooked in with the meat. The smell permeates the air as the plates are brought to Iris and Leo.

"I hope you find this meal sufficient."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Leo did definitely feel more at ease now, not that he was too particularly worried in the first place. It was just nice to know that there weren't any, if but a few, Renvari sympathizers. If the Elvennahn were done with war, then humans would surely be too. Leo watched as Vensi went to aid the colossus of an elf at the other table. It was apparently a good friend of hers which was a bit surprising, definitely, but appearances weren't everything. How lucky he felt to be among the Elvennahn now, and to count Lady Vensi as part of his company. Such peace caused a warmth bubble up within him, and the delightful aroma of a delicious meal approaching caused his eyes to brighten. He had already been given a magnificent wine presented in such a fanciful cup, and the meal now set before him by the bartender was something that would be fit for royalty.

"This looks more than proficient, kind sir," Leo said, completely dazzled as his eyes took in every detail. All the veggies looked appetizing beyond comprehension whereas typically he was averse to him, and the meat looked cooked to perfection. Taking the fork provided, he dug it into the rice and veggies, ruining the presentation but it had to be done at some point. He raised the fork to his mouth and took a bite. All the flavors popped in his mouth. It was so fresh and in turn, refreshing. The rice was masterfully done, and rice was a hard thing to get exactly right in most cases. He raised his cup and added a sip of wine which complemented the meal in a way that dizzied him. It was unbelievable!

"My word, Lady Vensi, this meal is exquisite! Beats everything any of the chefs at the Churchill estate could ever create!" Leo said with glee and gave praise to the bartender as well for such a rich composition. There wasn't much Leo missed about his old estate, or his family really. They were blinded by much, and failed to see the world for what it was. They let their ideals cloud their minds, and therefore would forever remain closed and oblivious to the beauty of light and darkness. They deigned not travel as Leo did, and so much of the world would be left to the imagination for them. But Leo would see it all.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Iris eyed the local fare brought before her and waited in silence, staring at it as though she were waiting for something to happen. She did not doubt the quality of the meal, as it would most likely be an improvement over the scorpions she had caught while traveling in the desert. They bared a potent taste after being steamed with the sands of the desert, but Iris would have much preferred having the wine to mix them in. Looking back at the plate, Iris had forgotten how long it had been since she had meat from actual livestock, and began cutting the meat in even portions before taking her first bite. Just as expected, the flavor was superlative to anything she had ever eaten before - however whether or not it was the magic she was tasting as opposed to the actual meat was left to question. It was disappointing how generically "perfect" the dish was, like an achromatic color. It bothered her.

She was a guest of the Elvennahn and of Lady Vensi, so she would mind her manners. Iris finished the plate at a mild pace and took her first sip of the wine. It was the same. The unparalleled blend of tartness and the biting piquancy made for the perfect drink, and yet again it was impossible to determine if it was the magic that made it so. Iris felt that the craft lacked a soul in the figurative sense, missing the true passion of labor and the manual practice it took to perfect the trade itself. She wasn't going to be ungrateful and voice her qualms, as the meal was indeed sufficient as Jak had aimed it to be. Adequate... but nothing exceptional to Iris' palate.

"You have my thanks," Iris addressed to both Jak and Vensi, neatly stacking the utensils onto the plate and then wiping her lips with a handkerchief. "It has been a while since I've eaten anything other than wild scorpions. This is certainly an improvement." She did her best not to seem insincere as she did not intend to disrespect the Elvennahn or their ways, though the fact that her face remained stoic made her wonder if they would think otherwise. She wasn't as ecstatic as Leo when she was dining, anyway.

Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Posts : 431
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 24
Location : Eternal Dream Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:30 pm

"The chef appreciates your kind words," Jak calls out idly. Vensi smiles a little and allows the two humans to complete their meals in peace. Iris has no words other than gratitude, but that seems to just be how she is. Through many human interactions Vensi learned that many have different reactions to the same trials or experiences. And many of them experience trials and events in a disturbingly similar way, which only makes their different reactions all the more interesting. As promised, the two humans received their meal and drink. Now that they are finished, Vensi takes them both back outside and to a slightly larger field where they can see the city hanging above them with all its majesty.

"Stand there for a moment, if you please," Lady Lanadie asks kindly, gesturing to where they stand. One they got still, Vensi spreads out her arms and closes her violet eyes, though the glow of her magic still escapes from her closed lids. From her throat a great hum echoes through the air, the world starting to twist and distort as time stops for but a second. In a flash of violet light the oasis vanishes only to be replaced with towers and walls of crystals. Teleportation magic brought them across a mile of open air to this place.

Up close the crystals shine brightly against sunlight, ever threatening to overwhelm the sight but never truly becoming too bright. Even if one were to find the sun's perfect reflection the light would not become too bright to see. The crystals also now show a wide variety of colors, painting the skies with cyans and violets and other bright colors. Life is far more common on these diamond platforms than on the ground, with elves and birds taking to the skies and perching upon the railings.

The area Vensi brought Iris and Leo to forms out into a balcony that overlooks the great waterfall below. Beyond Vensi is a large room filled with floating purple flames that shine brighter than candles. Rich red carpets tucked into the crystal floor roll out towards different rooms within the crystal spire. Again Vensi bows to the two humans. "Welcome to my father's house. I would give you a tour, but I promised you an audience with my father's smith." Vensi nods once towards Iris, it was the promise she gave the warrior, after all. The elven lady has full intentions of seeing her end fulfilled.

Behind Vensi a man appears, dressed in a green tunic and hood, holding a bow at his side and a quiver across his shoulders. He is in plain sight, and yet he begins knocking an arrow to his bow. The man pulls up the bow, pointing it at Vensi's neck. Right at the moment he fires the arrow, Vensi spins around on her heel and snatches the projectile out of the air. A moment passes between the two with Vensi eyeing the arrow curiously.

"It has good form," Vensi determines, holding the arrow up to peer down the shaft. "Your aim was precise and true. It is a good weapon."

"I didn't shoot you to have you evaluate my belongings, elf," the man snaps. He grabs his hood and throws it back, revealing a scarred face and a rapidly balding head. His ears are round and his jaw is thick, this is a human. Vensi pauses, then frowns. The arrow in her hands crumbles to dust without a word from the elven woman, but the magic running through her is clear.

"I'm afraid Lord Renvari's influence runs deeper than I initially thought." Vensi sighs. This will be another fight.

Encounter!
Imka Vestalis - Crystal Spire Home
Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS6HX2m-HNY
Atmosphere: White Noise
Objective: Defeat the enemy!



(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) A
(d) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (d) B
(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) C
(w) ( ) ( ) (1) ( ) ( ) (w) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) E
(d) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (d) F
(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) G
(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) H
(w) (w) (w) ( ) (w) (w) (w) I
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) J
(x) ( ) ( ) (V) ( ) ( ) (x) K
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) L
( ) (x) (x) (x) (x) (x) ( ) M
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7



Vensi (Invocation)
HP: 30/30
EN: 50/50
MP: 35/35
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Crit: 4%
Evade: 2%
Move: 2

??? (1)
HP: 35/35
EN: 50/50
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Crit: 5%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3

(x) - Balcony

(w) - Crystal Wall

(d) - Door

Players may start in rows K-L

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16206
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:19 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum