Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heritage

3 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Heritage - Page 6 Empty Re: Heritage

Post by Vergil Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 pm

{Daniel}

Mia watched Daniel push aside the glass of Laughing Moon and had a little chuckle herself. "It's customary for people to spit out their mouthwash when they're done with it, heh. Actually, no. Please don't spit in my workplace, I'll have to be the one to clean it up. Wiping up Daniel saliva isn't my idea of a night well spent." Daniel then asked for the pricing on Tiger Stripes. "Five bucks flat for a pint," she told him. "I got a whole case of it in cans back at my place. You ever wanna stop by for one, you can. I don't mind."

And just like that, Daniel was now officially "in" with Mia. Whether or not Daniel would remain that way was entirely up to him."I guess you should know how it tastes first." Mia grabbed another glass and filled it up with the Tiger Stripes, and passed it to Daniel. Tiger Stripes looked more like an actual beer should, save for streaks of black that spiraled through the drink. That was most likely a novelty for the namesake, though. The flavor however, was something else entirely. The intensity came all at once, stinging the tongue like a swarm of angry wasps. Mia said the drink had a kick to it, but this was more like getting clamped with jumper cables and a car battery. Afterward the initial shock subsided, there was a sudden pump of adrenaline that surged through the blood. The energy that jolted was addicting, almost like a drug.

"So... what do you think?"
---

{Sariska}

The girls listened to Sariska's old band playing as they finished eating, though they only seemed half-heartedly impressed at the most. "Not bad. She's alright, I guess," Sicily commented, practically gnawing the steak bone clean at this point. Aurora had nothing to say, and Alicia shrugged at the sample.

"As long as we come first in the Battle of the Bands, I don't care who sounds better than us afterwards," Alicia admitted.

"Heh... you said 'come first,'" Sicily snickered.

"Oh my god."

Aurora didn't get the joke and only looked at the two with a confused glance. Sicily would then ask about plans for the rest of the night. "So what's next?" she started. "We gonna hit the clubs? Get real turnt?"

"We kinda just left Yisten when we went to meet you," Alicia explained. "I think I should be heading back after this."

"Booooooring. What about you guys?" Sicily waved her finger back and forth from Aurora to Chloe and Sariska.

"That would be entirely up to Miss Star," Aurora added. "Though I do not believe we will be 'getting turnt.'"

"Ugh. You girls really need to learn how to party. Real fuckin' snoozefest up in this motherfucker."

Alonzo could still be heard from the other end of the restaurant, still taking orders. A man approached him and made his. "Hello, sir," he greeted.

"Howdy," Alonzo nodded back.

"Yes, is it alright if I make an order for tomorrow? I want it fresh and made to order, and I know the preparation takes a long time."

"No problem, pardner," Alonzo assured him. "What can I git fer ya?"

"I'd like your finest smoked ham. Is your smoked ham any good?"

"Yessir," Alonzo continued to comply. "You'll find no better place than my humble establishment for smoked ham... or any meat for that matter."

"Excellent! I'll take it then!"

"Alrighty. Would you like it hickory smoked or mesquite?" Alonzo asked.

"Oh, could I actually have it smoked with applewood?"

There was a momentary pause, and Alonzo's hospitable smile turned into an offended frown. Alonzo balled his hand into a fist and decked the man across the counter, breaking his nose.

"Giddouttamyrestaurant."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:47 pm

"I'll drop you guys off where you need to go," Sariska said. "But we're going to have one hell of a practice session tomorrow. Give me your numbers so I can contact you - I don't know when my boss is going to call me in tomorrow." She glanced to Aurora. She wouldn't need help with this next bit, but felt unsure whether or not to let her go. She was here to help, and if no help was necessary, then...

"Aurora should come back to the apartment with us," Chloe said.

"If she likes. I have a song to write for three instruments and vocals, so I guess I could use the help. I'd rather not use one of my old songs, and the band's old songs aren't any good since I don't have Tammy's voice."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Daniel listened with amusement as Mia berated the blue concoction that he had been drinking. At least he wasn't the only one that had a distaste for the drink. He scoffed when Mia said she'd rather not be cleaning up his spit. "Yeah, I'd rather not have to make you do more work than you need to." Five bucks a pint, hmm... I guess it's okay. He was about to purchase one when Mia started getting a sample in a glass for him. She had invited him to her place for drinks sometime, assuming he liked the taste of Tiger Stripes. "Sure, that sounds cool. I'll see if I'm free one of these days."

When Mia presented the glass to him, at first, it looked just like a normal draft would... but then he noticed the black stripes permeating throughout the drink. A small frown came across his face, but nothing too serious. Mixed drinks usually had this sort of thing going on, so it wasn't too surprising. He took the drink, looking between it and Mia. After a second, he decided to take the plunge and take a gulp. It was as if his mouth literally burst into flames and completely froze all at once. Thankfully he had swallowed before his throat had done the same. An uncontrollable shudder coursed through him before a warm energy did the same. It were as if he were able to conquer the world, though he wasn't entirely sure if he could handle more. The taste was also not as off-putting as the mouthwash was, but the recoil was just awful.

"You said it had a real kick to it, but I didn't expect anything like that!" He coughed and nursed a sip, which was almost as bad as the big gulp he had started with. "Perhaps with time, though, I could get used to it. It tastes nice." Truth be told, he couldn't really taste much of anything through the energy he had, as if his tongue had been numbed by the drink. Maybe drinking more of this wasn't such a good idea. How was Mia able to keep this down, anyway? He barely had any of his drink and his head was about to fly off.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:44 pm

{Daniel}

Mia watched on with curiosity with Daniel struggling to down his drink, letting out a laugh as Daniel coughed at the initial taste. "Ha ha! Oh man, you should've seen your face. It was all like this," Mia scrunched her face up like she had bitten straight into a lemon. "Yeah... Tiger Stripes takes a couple to get used to. Eventually, you won't notice the shock at all." She picked up the glass of Laughing Moon that Daniel had abandoned, assuming he was done with the drink, and poured it out into the sink and left it to rinse. Then came the age old question.

"So... how was work? You make any colorful bar graphs or fancy slide presentations?' A simple question for a bartender (or housewife) to ask, though it held an uncanny power. Every now and then, people tended to say things that they shouldn't. Alcohol served as a catalyst to the process, up to the point where someone like Mia began to know things. Terrible things. With every juicy bit poured out with every drop of the drink, a bartender held a flame that could burn the city to the ground. Having local social butterfly Nayateia Valuna as a best friend only added to the doomsday device that was gossip. Winddrift City would have indeed counted itself lucky that Mia Ilvard only had apathy as a primary emotion.
---

{Sariska}

"'Miss Band Manager' already has my Exanet profile and number, so I'll let her forward that to you," Sicily said, taking a stretch. "You can drop me back off at my apartment - or the train station. Whatever, I'll get back one way or another." She took a look back at the restaurant line when she heard a loud thud and saw a man flattened out on the ground. "Shit, I missed it. Oh well. Anyway, if you gals need me for practice just text me. Expect me to show up fashionably late because that's just how I fucking roll."

Alicia sighed and rolled her eyes, still in disbelief that the band had to settle for someone as eccentric as Sicily for a drummer. She didn't have a choice if she wanted to make it to the event, but she reserved the right to dislike it. "I'll wait outside by the car," she told Sariska, grabbing her bag and walking out the exit.

Sariska still had need for Aurora's assistance, so it looked like she was going to be the last one sticking around. She nodded at Sariska's request and rose from her seat, waiting to follow Sariska back.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Daniel winced as Mia ribbed him for not taking the drink like a man, though how could he? It was like drinking legitimately lethal poison, although the feeling of energy coursing through him was not unwelcome. "If you say so..." He took another sip of the Tiger Stripes as Mia asked him about his day at work. He debated on telling her everything he had thought about the change in management, but that wasn't really appropriate when he kept thinking about it. He ended up just defaulting to "Eh, it all ended up the same as usual. Clock in, get things done, then come home. Didn't see Shoemaker that much today, though. That was something."

Not technically a lie - it was in fact all in the same vein that he had been going through the past several months. Daniel also didn't see too much of his former boss before he stormed out of the building with gilded pockets. If he were to tell Mia that Glotech was operating completely different from how it used to, it might attract unwelcome attention; and besides, just coasting along definitely wasn't a bad thing. Having a steady income for what could literally be considered the easiest job in the market most likely couldn't be beat. He decided to counter her question. "What about you? Your night going well enough? Seems like you gave that woman a piece of your mind." He wasn't sure if poking at that subject was a good idea, but he went ahead and gave it a shot anyway. What harm could it do?
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:08 pm

"Alright, great, then we can go ahead and stick out," Sariska said. With everything decided, the car ride back to the band's homes short, and the trip back to the apartment even shorter, there was only one thing left for Sariska to do.

Write a whole fucking song from scratch.

"Right, this is going to take some time." Sariska was mumbling to herself at this point. Chloe left for her room but appeared back a minute later with some paper and pencils. "Oh, thanks sis."

Chloe smiled. "No problem, Star. Aurora, come with me please. I need to measure you up. You're not squeamish about being half-naked in front of other girls, are you?"

"Chloe, we can just use the old gear."

"In case you've forgotten, Star, you've just struck up a new band with new players. You need to leave the old shit behind, I mean - you said Tammy had a better voice than you? Last I checked, Tammy only had one range and style. You had a different style but could match her almost perfectly. What you need is some goddamned confidence. You saw everyone's reactions to Tammy's singing. It wasn't even her best song."

"So you think I'm better than her?"

"Your humility is going to end up kicking your ass one day, is what I think."

Chloe took Aurora's hand and pulled her into the other room. She had a mischievous grin on her face, for some reason. Sariska felt a little bad for allowing it, but all her sister was going to do was measure the girl. The others had pretty simple sizes. Alicia was about Paige's size and Sicily was closer to Tammy's.

"No more distractions. Back to work." This would last the whole night, if she wasn't careful.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:36 pm

{Daniel}

At the mention of Mia's altercation with the woman who had stormed out, Mia's smile faded into a resting scowl. Her fingers began to fidget about at her side as if she were fighting the urge to reach into her pocket. Trying to quit smoking all at once was proving more difficult than Mia initially thought, especially at the mention of stressful interactions. Suddenly, Mia's recovered good mood had been killed. Even the name "Shoemaker" didn't make her laugh when it usually did.

"So you saw that, huh?" her voice dropped down. "I don't really have a lot to say about that. She waltzed in here and ordered something we don't have, and when I told her she just went and talked shit about the place. I don't appreciate that. So I called her what she was: a fat bitch!" Her hands clenched into fists like she was ready to knock someone out. "Sorry. I guess I'm out of line. I'm just a lowly bartender whose sole purpose in life is just to cater to every little whim of everyone who feels like a big-shot. It's not just the rich snobs, either. Even the broke fuckers think you're beneath them just because you're working customer service."

Mia's placed her elbows on the counter and buried her face into her hands. "Sorry. For real, this time," she apologized, not looking up at Daniel. "That was the old me talking. The old me that used to work at the grocery store. You... probably wish you didn't see this side of me, huh?"
---

{Sariska}

Sicily passed out in the car ride from the post-dinner food coma. She had to be nudged awake by Alicia when they arrived back at her apartment to drop her off. Alicia's home wasn't too far from Hastel, as she lived in a quaint neighborhood close to Lunaveil Studios. She waved goodbye to the other girls and brought in the cooked chicken she ordered to go from the restaurant. Aurora stayed quiet the entirety of the ride, staring off out the window; thoughts running through her head a thousand words at a time.

They would arrive back at Blue Avalon, where Sariska brought Aurora and Chloe back to the apartment. Aurora took off her blazer and set it folded on the couch as she did when she first came in, and set her bag down. She intended to follow Sariska into her room when Chloe pulled her aside. The thoughts in Aurora's mind were too distracting for her to suspect that Chloe was up to something - if she was up to something. Chloe only said she was going to measure her.

"Oh... okay," Aurora mumbled. She reached for the top button on her dress shirt, and for a moment it looked like her hand was quivering. Aurora's head was facing off to the side while her eyes gave off a look of utter dejection. Something was bothering her. Eventually, she worked herself through it and undressed to her bra and panties. Her figure was modest - nothing too remarkable, but the girl did take care of her body and it showed.

"I would much rather you finish quickly... if that's okay."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Chloe watched Aurora undress with her thumb pushing on her upper lip. Sariska never would have noticed, even watching her undress so nervously around another girl. Chloe actually thought about undressing herself, it would help a little, at least. Oh, you poor, sweet little girl, what has this world done to you? Chloe thought, feeling herself weaken a little. She knew abuse when she saw it, even when it wasn't visible on the girl's body. Though if Aurora removed the rest, it would tell a much different story. She took a step closer with a little band of string. "Don't worry," she said in a whisper, "You won't feel a thing. I promise."

Chloe was true to her word for the most part. She never touched Aurora's skin with her own, only the string. She murmured to herself as she measured. "Chest is a little tight. Maybe a tight shirt with built in supporters? Hips a little wider than Star's. Thighs look good, a skirt would show of those gorgeous legs. I can't decide between plaid or shell. Ugh, I hate asking Karla for advice but I might have to." Chloe put the string away and flashed her smile at Aurora.

"There we go," she said happily. "All done. Go ahead and dress up. You were wondering what this was all about - I can see it in your face. I was taking your measurements for an outfit." Chloe gave a big, happy smile as she procured a photo from her dresser. She handed it over.

Sariska and another girl were at the very front, back to back with Sariska holding her red guitar and the girl holding a microphone. To their sides were a boy and girl with the same black hair and blue eyes - they could have been twins were it not for the scar running down the girl's cheek. In the back corner was a much younger dark-skinned girl holding a big bass guitar. They were all posing in the same outfit, leather jackets, red undershirts, blue jeans.

"I think similar outfits really helps the band mesh together," Chloe said. "Oh, that's Tammy Raine in the front with Star. Kenneth was on drums, Paige on keyboard, and little Amber on bass. In case you wanted to know their names."

Last edited by Zerifachias on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Daniel watched as Mia became visibly steamier. Yup, this was a bad idea. He had to stay committed, though. "Yeah, you gave that woman a piece of your mind alright." He listened to her explain herself about why she had felt such animosity towards the snooty customer, and he agreed with her. It wasn't right that she was being treated like a subhuman servant in one of the most lavish districts of Winddrift. He opened his mouth to protest when Mia started being self-deprecative, but then shut it as she continued. Probably not a good idea to interrupt her. After a little while, it seemed that she ran out of steam. It was probably safe to try and fix the mess he made.

"I don't think that at all, especially of you." he began, trying to concoct a way to brighten Mia's mood so that he could head home and not cause anymore drama. "Besides, we all have skeletons in our closet that we like to keep hidden..." Daniel sighed and turned away from Mia, resting his hand on his shoulder. "Even I do, I hate to admit it." His mind flashed back to the less than amicable way he left home, the lack of contact he had with people from his childhood, and how much he drank to try and forget the past that happened.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought her up. You seemed to be in such a good mood before I fucked it all up. I should probably head home, it's getting pretty late." Daniel reached for his wallet, also checking the time on his phone. "How much do I owe you for the Tiger Stripes, Mia?"
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:30 pm

{Daniel}

"No, no, it's not your fault for bringing it up," Mia admitted, still wallowing in her stress. "I'm just dealing with a lot of shit right now, and that woman just happened to be the whipped cream to my entire shit meringue pie." She peeked up from her hands and took a deep breath, trying to regain composure. "Raul's like the best boss in the world, and I've met some real chill regulars that come in here... but every now and then I get hit by something from my past and the whole world just seems like an absolute craphole. Suddenly, the nights seem a little longer and the people get a little too comfortable. Then bam, suddenly I'm working shithead patrol from half past 'kill me' all the way up to 'fuck-me-in-the-ass' o'clock."

Daniel was ready to leave and asked how much he owed, while Mia just waved him off. "Don't worry about it, I got it. Usually it's the customer that vents to the bartender, not the other way around. So consider it on me." Raul was heard making his way back down the stairs and settled next to Mia.

"You know, the guy's got a point," he said. "We all have things we'd rather keep dead and buried, but the important thing is to move on. Hell, I'm sure whatever you got goin' on can't be as bad as my history."

"...It's my fault Jeane hates me."

"So this is all about your sister, huh? Listen, whatever you did back then was back then. What matters is the now."

"Yeah, but..."

"You said it yourself, the Mia from the grocery store ain't the Mia we all know now."

"Yeah..."

"And the Mia I know is strong, clever, and hard-working. She wouldn't let her past define who she is."

"Raul... thanks. I really needed to hear that tonight."

"Ain't no problem. So... you really think I'm the best boss in the world, huh?"

"Don't let it go to your head, Raul."
---

{Sariska}

Aurora buttoned her blouse back up, yet still averted her gaze away from Chloe. Her coiled around her waist tightly as if she were holding herself. Aurora only looked up when Chloe handed her the photo. She glanced at Sariska and tried to imagine how her life was in that moment. "Miss Star looks... happy," she commented. "Earlier today I asked if she would enjoy the fame if she ever became a big name, and she told me that the important part was to have fun. Ever since, there has been something on my mind all day."

She paused for a brief moment, looking down at her hands. "She praised me for my own voice and said that I could be just like Sixela... but what if... well..." Getting to the point pained her. "The truth is I hate singing. I already mentioned to Miss Star that I would be fine in just assisting her as she finds her way. You don't need to consider me part of her band, Chloe. I was picked as her intern, and after I finish up at the institute, I will be relieved of the position and Miss Star will no longer be obligated to keep me around. I do not wish to waste your time having you invest in such things as outfits for me. I'm sorry." At this point she couldn't bring herself to even look in Chloe's direction.

"I have to wear that blazer, anyway."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:09 pm

Chloe hummed a little. "That sounds just like her." She listened carefully to what Aurora had to say. The girl was so quiet before, she hadn't heard any more than a peep from the girl before this. She was getting somewhere, Chloe knew it, but couldn't figure out how to get more just yet. It was so painfully obvious Aurora was in pain, and if she left tonight she would go back to even more pain. There's nothing I can do right now, Chloe thought. Karla might know. I have to talk to her tomorrow.

Chloe wiggled her nose and puffed out her chest. "You are not an obligation," she said. "Sariska doesn't think of you as an underling. Has she treated you to prove otherwise? I bet from the very first time you met her she treated you like an equal. And as for me, picking and collecting outfits is what I do. I like dressing up and dressing other people up. You wouldn't believe how many frilly outfits Star actually looks good in."

"I would never think of it as a waste of time. I don't mind you having to wear the blazer all the time, but once your internship is over, you can take it off. When you look into your wardrobe the next morning and see the band outfit hung up next to the blazer, I wonder which one you'll end up wearing?"
Chloe giggled. "Just a thought." She took the photo back from Aurora and stuck it in her purse again.

Chloe hated not being able to do more now. She knew something was wrong. Being unable to do anything made it worse. But she had to let go. It was late, and Aurora's trip back to the source of the pain would only be longer and longer the more it was delayed. Tie the knot and slam the door.

"You're all dressed up now," Chloe said, bracing herself. "It's getting late, and while you're welcome to stay the night here if you ever need to, you probably have somewhere to go back to."

Chloe escorted Aurora back to the living area. Sariska was fast asleep, curled up on the couch with a mess of papers piled on the floor and the coffee table. The pencil was still in her hands and she was drooling over a half-written song sheet. Chloe eased the pencil and paper out of her sister's grip and put them on the table.

"Looks like she managed to power through it," Chloe said. Keeping quiet, she took a blanket from Star's room to put over her. Chloe kissed Star's forehead before fussing over Aurora, making sure she had everything and her coat was warm enough. "Sure you don't need a scarf? I have a couple spares," Chloe said. "Do be careful riding back, you hear? I can drive you back if you need me too. Oh, and here's my cell number. Call or text me if you need anything. I'm going to out pretty much all day and night tomorrow and all night the next day, but I'm almost always available for a little chat if you need someone to talk to. That's pretty much every day for me, actually, today was my rare get-surprised-by-granpappy-day. OK, you have everything? Keys? Phone? Purse? Wallet? ...Goodnight, Aurora, stay safe."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:17 am

Daniel tried to think of something that would even attempt to brighten Mia's mood, but nothing came. He just silently listened to her vent as he pulled out his wallet, with not much else he could really do. She mentioned that Raul was a really great boss, and from his interactions with the manager, Daniel agreed. "Yeah, it seems like he treats you right in here. Much better than Shoemaker treated me, anyway." Mia then told Daniel that the drink she tapped out for him was on the house since he listened to her rant. "You sure?" He then remembered the incident at Milo's Cafe where Mia was pretty insistent on who paid for what. He shook his head and smiled. "Thanks, Mia. I should take up your offer sometime. The drink does make you feel pretty good if you can get past the taste."

Daniel pocketed his wallet and stood, ready to leave, when Raul reappeared from the back of the establishment. He spoke with Mia, reinforcing the points that both Daniel and herself had brought up. Raul seemed to know just the right things to say that lightened Mia's mood. Damn, why can't I be this good with people? "Alright, it's getting late. Thanks for having me, you two. Have a good night." Nodding to the two employees, Daniel moved back to the front of the Ivory Palace and opened the door into the dark alleyway that he had come from, still kind of amazed that a place like this even existed in Yisten. Then again, the brightest gems were hidden in the deepest muck. He started on his lonely walk home pondering the events of that day. From the strange email to what Caleb had done to Glotech, something wasn't right. What was his place to try and fix it, though? Everything was just fine. He could operate freely without stress now, and why would he want to ruin that?

He moved back through the district, still amazed that he lived in the same city as such opulence. Maybe if he worked hard enough, he'd be able to live somewhere like this someday. Of course, that'd take more effort than he was putting in, but he probably wouldn't be willing to do more than he currently was. Things were fine as they were, they were very comfy. Winding back through the city, he headed home, ready to just hit the hay. Maybe this was all just a terrible dream, and things would be back to normal if he could wake up from this nightmare.

It took some time, but Daniel walked all the way back to Blue Avalon. His legs were pretty sore from walking all the way to the Yisten District and all the way back, and he was bushed. He fumbled with his keys to unlock the door, but he opened it, shut it again behind him, and went straight to his bedroom, where he collapsed and just let sleep overcome him. Maybe... maybe this will all be better in the morning...
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:33 pm

{Intermission}

Winddrift City - Yisten District

Music: Two-Faced Law
Spoiler:

"Well, well, well... what do we have here?"

Spoiler:

Lieutenant Glastondale has watched this particular street for the past few nights, seeing the same woman hanging around at this exact hour. He has suspected her of being a prostitute and confronted her while nobody was around.

"Um... hello," the woman greets him in response to his approach.

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"You mind telling me what you're doing here?"

"I'm just waiting for a friend to pick me up."

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"Is that so? How inconvenient it must be for you to have to call up a friend for a ride... every night for the past five days, and with so many different 'friends.'"

"I..."

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"You know who I am, don't you? I'm sure we've never met before... but I am quite certain you must have heard stories from... your respective community."

"Y-Yes."

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"Oh? So you have heard of me."

"...Yes."

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"What have you heard?"

"You're... Lieutenant Glastondale of the police."

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"Heh... I'm sure that's not all you know. I've heard the stories myself that these women tell about me. The passion in their eyes as they express their disgust with me. They have a nickname for me, and I'm sure they've told you. What is it that they call me? Go on, don't be shy. What's the name they have for me?"

"G-Grimy Glastondale The Crooked Cop."

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"Grimy Glastondale! I never get tired of hearing that! I am just so fond of that nickname! Well, now that we're both clear on who I am, I'd like to get down to business. See, I don't have a problem with what you whores do for a living... but as an officer of the law it is my duty to see that such transactions are... well, lawful. And in my opinion, an occupation is legally accounted for if you fulfill all your civic obligations and give back to the community. The honest working man refers to this as 'taxes.' You're a woman, hard at work... and I'm here to ask you if you're going to pay your taxes."

"I... don't have any money."

Glastondale put on a sickening smirk as he raised his fist and clocked the woman straight in the face, breaking her nose and leaving her on the ground sobbing.

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"Oh, I'm sorry, I must have ruined one of your assets. Customers aren't into filthy sluts with a fucked up face, are they? Tsk, tsk, too bad."

"W-Why?!"

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"Lying to an officer is against the law, you know. I could have you thrown into a cell tonight. Tax evasion is also illegal... you could go away for a long time."

The woman's arm twitched as she slid over her purse.

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"Now you're getting it. You and the rest of the hookers should know by now that if you wish to continue operating in my streets, that you pay the proper due."

Glastondale reached into the purse and found a hefty wad of cash. He let out an impressed whistle as he counted the money.

"Please... I need it for my daughter."

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"And what a shitty mother you would be if you were behind bars, leaving her all alone. Now that you've paid your taxes, you'll get to go home and see her. Isn't that great? We're all done here, but I want you to remember... I've got eyes all around this town, and I don't want you thinking you can hold out on me if I'm not around to see you. You're welcome to keep selling your 'services' so long as I get my share when I come for it."

He tossed the woman a few bills from the wad and pocketed the rest. With the same disgusting smile, he walked off, proud of himself.

Heritage - Page 6 1f137af6f3"You have a nice rest of the night."

---

Winddrift City - Duple Corp (Analysis Lab)

Music: Windspeaker
Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"Yes... this is it. I've found it."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Heya Ryang, what'dja find?"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"...Cornelius, why are you here?"

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Wow, you don't have to say it like that. I got bored doin' nothin', so I just thought I'd swing by. As long as I'm not around Furry McAngerson, I'm technically following orders."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"You mean Demetrius?"

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Yeah, him. So, what did you find?"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"The Incarnate of Water. One of the lab samples that Caleb turned in proved positive with Dr. Corwin's device."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"So did you actually handle the pee?"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"No, that's gross. I had Caleb do it."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"So that leaves just one more, huh? Hey, wasn't 'Sparklehair' supposed to help you with this?"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"You mean Sixela?"

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Yeah, her."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"She has an upcoming concert to prepare for, so Halkius gave her time off for now."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Lucky..."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"You're not exactly doing anything productive at the moment either. Maybe now's a good time to work on your training. I'm sure Demetrius is brushing up on his skills, and I doubt you'd want him catching up to you."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Me? Train? Pfffft, sure. I'm already at the top of my  game, and you can't improve on perfection, y'know. But now that you mention it, how about we have ourselves a sparring session... since you're so concerned about my training. It'd certainly kill my boredom, that's for sure."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"I'll pass. I still have work to do. Why don't you ask Zeto to be your training partner?"

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Uh, I said I was looking for a sparring session, not a battle to the death. Dude takes it way too seriously. Even now, nobody other than Eva has even come close to actually getting him to use his elemental powers. The guy beats us with his sheer reflexes alone. Fuck that shit, man."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"...Then why not ask Eva?"

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Just talking to her is enough of a workout in itself."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"I'll agree with you on that one."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"So... what are you going to do about the 'lucky winner?'"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"Halkius said to bring him in, so that's what I'll do. I'll arrive to his workplace and Caleb will tell him to come with me."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"You think he'll suspect anything?"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"As far as I know, he's a simple office worker. Nothing in the company records say anything particularly extraordinary about him. I doubt he's even aware of his abilities. I'll be seeking him out first thing in the morning."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Cool."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"..."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"...Something on my face?"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"You're still here."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Why, yes I am, thank you for noticing."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"What do you want? I already told you I'm too busy to spar right now."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Iunno. Actually, I was wondering."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"What?

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Why don't you ever smile, Ryang?"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"What? I've smiled before."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Well whenever I'm around, I've never seen it."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"Gee, I wonder why."

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"What do you look like when you smile. Can you show me?"

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"I'll smile for you the day I see you cry, how about that?"

Heritage - Page 6 7c2b4a7883"Ouch. Guessin' that's a never then."

Heritage - Page 6 17b482cf35"An educated guess that one is. Now if you'll excuse me, I must get ready for tomorrow."

---

Winddrift City - Hastel District

Music: The Rider
Spoiler:

Zeto Autrey has been in charge of finding out the group responsible for the hijacking of one of Duple Corp's prototype vehicle crafts. One of the leads he picked up has led him to the Hastel District, and the apartment block of Dominic King - a notorious mafia kingpin. Zeto staked Dominic out and proceeded to make his move when and where Dominic was most vulnerable: in the bathroom doing his business.

When Dominic washed his hands and turned around, he found Zeto standing before him.

"The fuck?! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!" Dominic demanded.

Heritage - Page 6 4f4ae54c5b"Hi, my name is Zeto Autrey, and I'm out of my mind."

"Are you with the Copperheads?! You got a lotta nerve trying to do me in here and now of all places!"

Heritage - Page 6 4f4ae54c5b"Relax, I'm just here to ask some questions, and one way or another I will have my answers."

"Do you know who I am? What makes you think I'm gonna let you leave here alive after barging in here?!"

Heritage - Page 6 4f4ae54c5b"Have you or your organization been in any way involved with the incident at Rexford Crossing? Specifically, the one two days ago."

"I don't know anything about no Rexford Crossing bullshit! In case you haven't noticed, no gang in Winddrift has lifted a finger in the the past week because of the fucking psychopaths shooting us up, and that one sword-carrying freak! We've all agreed to a ceasefire as of five days ago."

Heritage - Page 6 4f4ae54c5b"I see, thank you for your cooperation."

"Wait a minute... you're that sword bastard, aren't you? Ain't nobody in this district carry around a blade like that! You son of a bitch! I oughtta take care of you right now!"

Dominic pulls out his gun and points it straight at Zeto.

"You think you're the first asshole that's tried to get the drop on me while I was takin' a shit? Motherfucker, I am prepared."

Heritage - Page 6 4f4ae54c5b"That's too bad, I could have left here and you would never have had to see me again... but pointing your gun at me... that was your second mistake."

"The fucking balls on this guy! Spend too much time in the cinema, Hotshot?! In case you haven't noticed, you're gonna die when I pull the trigger! I can have you sucking my dick in exchange for your life right now if I wanted to! But I'll bite. What was my first mistake, Mr. Coolshit?!"

Heritage - Page 6 4f4ae54c5b"You didn't flush."

Zeto swiftly disarmed Dominic before he even had a chance to react, and dunked his head into the toilet bowl, still full of Dominic's excrement. Dominic flailed about, trying to reach for the handle, but Zeto swatted his arm away when he got close to it. Sure, Zeto's hand was touching it, but for Dominic... what he was suffering through was infinitely worse. When Dominic came close to passing out, Zeto finally let go. After a brief pause, Dominic jerked his head out of the toilet and began vomiting uncontrollably.

Heritage - Page 6 4f4ae54c5b"You know, there was something about you that really pissed me off. I think it was that cocky smile of yours. Some people have really nice smiles. But you, Dominic... well I'd say you've got a real shit-eating grin."

{End of Intermission}
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:49 pm

Heritage - Page 6 8236e99ef6
Music: Everything Changes
Spoiler:

A new morning dawned upon Winddrift, and it was another day of work was ahead of Daniel and Sariska. For Daniel, he would be at a desk performing menial, repetitive tasks - making it not too different from what he's used to. Sariska on the other hand would be called in to shoot another scene for Lunaveil Studios, and gathering her band together for their first rehearsal. If either of them checked the news, they would find that the entire Hastel District has been closed off from the rest of the city due to a state of utter chaos.

Comissioner Howard Blackwell released a press statement on the situation. Following the death of Dominic King, leader of the Royal Flush Mafia, subordinates of the crime family suspected an assassination done by the Copperhead Gang, an act that broke the ceasefire. The Royal Flush Mafia then retaliated against the Copperheads while they had spent their time slowly recruiting and building their numbers. Since then, all active gangs of Winddrift have gone into an all-out turf war. Police have been stationed in various parts of the district to ensure the safety of the civilians while preventing further gunfire from happening.

Duple Corp President Lionel Halkius has offered a solution to bolster law enforcement by providing a new line of cybernetic armor and weaponry in order to keep a strong advantage over the gangs. In addition to the corporate acquisitions that Duple Corp has aggressively strong-armed, Lionel Halkius is now offering to buy out the entire Winddrift City Police Department in exchange for funding and allowed usage of all provided technology.

Daniel would awake at the ring of the alarm, with ample time to prepare for work. Mia's car was not seen outside in the parking lot at her usual spot, so chances were she was still out. There didn't seem to be anything to distract Daniel from getting to work today.

Sariska's phone would alert her as she received a text from Mishka, her chauffeur.

"hello star mishka is speaking with phone words
mr rivelotto tell me to say for you to come in studio for movie
but mishka will not be able to take star to work today
very sorry
but mishka has other work mishka must do
hope star can find another way to work
now how mishka turn off phone
turn off
phone did not turn off

mishka will ask friend how to use phone better"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Sariska was already up and about when she got the call to come into work. It was all perfectly timed, too, just how she liked it. Her chauffeur wasn't able to pick her up today though, which meant she needed the car, or at least have Chloe drop her off.

"Oh little sister!" Sariska sang as she pushed her way into Chloe's room. The girl was buried beneath a mountain of pillows. She didn't use a comforter despite the chill coming in through the open window. Just a blank white sheet lain over the mountain, making her own little fort of cotton and stuffing. It started to move when Sariska flicked the lights on.

"Fuck you, get off of me." Chloe groaned from somewhere under the covers.

"I'm not on you. Do you need the car today or not?"

"You woke me up for that? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh fine, I'm getting up. Where you goin'?"

"Work."

"This early? Christ, Star, why are you even up this early? Did you already shower?"

"Yup, I'm all ready to go, so get yer butt outta bed and drown your face in coffee."

Sariska giggled as she watched Chloe get out of bed. Chloe would be completely awake after a sip of coffee and a couple minutes, but it was always funny to her when she watched Chloe struggle those first few minutes. After Chloe gave her sister a sour look they would be off, and Sariska would wonder what Rivelotto had planned for today.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:18 pm

Surprisingly, Daniel's night wasn't filled with awful nightmares of strange men that turned his insides out. In fact, it was pretty restful, albeit bland - he couldn't remember anything that he had dreamed about. Sitting up and fumbling for the alarm, he shut it off as he felt his stomach growl. Looking at the time, it was just before 6:30. Thankfully, the Daniel from a couple of days ago had been thoughtful enough to allow for himself to eat breakfast if he actually woke up to the alarm. He got up and stretched, looking through the blinded window at the sunrise. The sky was pink with the rising sun, which meant that by the time he actually left his apartment, it'd blind him to tears. Oh well.

Before he got dressed, he shuffled around the place, taking care of his morning business, and pouring a bowl of cereal. It really came in handy that he went grocery shopping yesterday; it meant he wouldn't be starving at work. Oh, "work". Right. He finished the bowl of bland, but slightly sweetened cereal and got dressed. Taking a look in the mirror, Daniel noticed that there were really dark circles under his eyes. He rubbed them a bit as if they'd just go away, but that wasn't happening. Checking again to make sure he had everything, phone, keys, wallet, he was ready to go. He put the milk back in the refrigerator and headed outside, locking the door behind him.

As Daniel walked towards the train station, he noticed that Mia's fancy luxury car was nowhere to be seen, but it was usually here by now. Huh, strange. Mia's usually back by the time I head to work. Of course, he couldn't really dwell on it for too long, as his legs started bitching at him for the abuse he put them through last night. At least he'd be able to let them rest soon enough. Soreness coursed through his legs as he got to the train station and procured a ticket to the Corporate Plaza. Eight hours of "work" were sure to do the trick to ease the pain, right?
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:12 pm

{Daniel}

In the train ride to the Corporate Plaza, Daniel could hear the other passengers talking on about the recent news. Worried whispers and concerns were being voiced, and it was hard to drown out the noise.

"Hastel's closed off, huh? 'Bout damn time. We don't want those thugs spreading out to the city. The police made a fine decision in quarantining that cesspool."
"Yeah but... I have friends that live in Hastel, and I'm kinda worried for them."
"Well it's not like the police abandoned Hastel. They've got squads sorting out the mess and watching over the neighborhood."
"Not to mention Duple Corp's pitched in with equipping the officers with state-of-the-art gear. Honestly, we've got nothing to worry about."
"Duple Corp also wants to buy out the police. Doesn't that bother anybody? Like... law enforcement shouldn't be something that's really owned by a particular group... right?"
"With the way things are going, I'd say it's for the best. Maybe new management is just what the police department needs to keep a certain bad eggs of theirs in line."

Daniel arrived at Glotech on time, able to clock in and take a seat at his desk to begin work. Caleb's presence could be felt a mile away, as he approached Daniel's cubicle. He placed a hand on the divider and smiled at Daniel. It was not a heartwarming smile. It wasn't quite right. No, the stiff smile Caleb put on looked as though he were a marble sculpture just come to life and decided he wanted to murder someone and take their skin. His voice had a more ominous timbre than usual today.

"A pleasure seeing you so early in the morning, Daniel. May I have a word with you in my office?"
---

{Sariska}

The buzzer to Sariska's apartment rang, and the other end of her door was a visitor. Well, not so much a visitor as the actual man who owned Blue Avalon. The landlord. And he wasn't so much of a man as he was a Beastfolke, and an even rarer one among other Beastfolke at that. The landlord of Blue Avalon was a large shark man, complete with the appearance of a great white in anthropomorphic form. He took deep breaths through his gills when he spoke, and his voice was guttural and gravelly. When an answer came to the door, he would greet them with a printed memo.

"Hope I'm not bothering you or anything," the landlord said. "Just thought I'd stop by and remind you to renew your parking pass. Next week, if you're still using an expired parking pass, your car will be towed. That's all. Thanks." He then proceeded to move onto the next door and do the same thing. Some of the newer tenants looked surprised or even downright frightened to see a shark man at the other side of their door, as the landlord himself usually had one of his managers to meet new tenants, but a good majority of the apartment knew who he was and were used to his intimidating demeanor.

Aurora then rode in through the parking lot on her scooter and stopped by the staircase to Sariska's apartment. She took off her helmet and made her way up to meet with Sariska, dressed in her usual blazer.

"Good morning, Miss Star and Miss Chloe. Shall we head to the studio?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:19 pm

After the landlord left, Chloe made a very loud groan. "I completely forgot about that. Ugh, I don't want my car towed."

"Chill out sis, you have time to get it done."

"Between getting my beauty sleep and partying with Karla tonight? Yeah right, I'll have a better shot at surviving the day doing handstands every thirty minutes."

"Which you have done before."

"To prove a point!"

It wasn't long before Aurora showed up too, and Chloe was nearly ready to take them. She just disappeared into her room for a moment so Sariska was there to welcome her in. Once Chloe was out and saw Aurora, she froze a moment, then brought a big smile to her face. Sariska didn't catch any of it.

"You know," Chloe said, "I really wish you wouldn't call me Miss. I ain't your boss, and we're the same age. Well, close enough anyway. Just Chloe is fine."

"I like the suffix," Sariska said. "Makes me feel important."

"Contrary to popular belief."

"Hmm? You say something?"

"No, Star. Go jump in the car or else you'll be late."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Daniel tried to ignore the concerns of the other traingoers as he rode to work, but Duple Corp seemed to be getting more and more under his skin. Originally, he thought they were a fine company that had good intentions, but the more he thought about it, the stranger it seemed that they would be putting their fingers into so many pies. But why was it any of his business what upper management of his new workplace decided to do? After all, he was just collecting a paycheck to pay back the insane cost of his degree. He'd truly be able to do something both that he wanted to do as well as worth doing when he finished his time working like the average Joe.

Daniel arrived at Glotech without too much incident. As he went inside the building, a passing afterthought of checking Exanet passed through his mind, but it was quickly forgotten. As per usual, he got in the elevator and waited for his stop. As usual, he got out with a couple of others and moved to his department. And, as usual, he went to his cubicle without much interaction with anyone else. The only main difference was that instead of seeing berating emails from Shoemaker making fun of his falling performance numbers, his screen only contained a single character: 3.

Daniel sighed, dejected at the thought of spending another day like this. Sure, the money was easy, but it was pretty much coming at the cost of his sanity. As per the new usual, he began inputting the displayed characters as they appeared on his screen, and this went on for a good fifteen minutes or so. After he got settled doing that, he felt as if someone had injected ice cold water into the base of his spine. He started feeling violent nausea, and every hair he had was on end, protesting something that was unusual in the usually calm environment. He heard Caleb's voice from seemingly a mile away even though it was probably twenty feet between his cubicle and Ambrose's office.

Caleb had wanted Daniel in his office for whatever reason. That was fine; it was the smile the strange man wore that was really alarming. At first glance, it was fine, but just like the company, it only got worse the more he thought about. He tried his best to hide his fear and discomfort from his new boss, but he didn't succeed. "S-sure, anything you need, Mr. Ambrose." On one hand, breaking up the monotony was awesome, but this was probably the worst way that could have happened. Never feeling the anticipation or fear leave him, Daniel went to Caleb's office and meekly awaited whatever the man had to say, eager to get as far away from him as possible, as soon as possible.

"Y-you needed to see me, s-sir?" God could only know why Caleb scared the everliving shit out of him. Hopefully this would pass quickly.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:21 pm

{Daniel}

Caleb leaned back in his fancy leather executive chair and let out a hefty sigh. He turned away from Daniel for a moment and tented his fingers together.  "I called you into my office because there was a rather important matter that I had to discuss with you," he explained. "It isn't very easy for me to bring up a subject like this, however it is with great reluctance that I get this out in the open here and now." Caleb swiveled his chair back to face Daniel and produced an expression of concern as he reached into his suit. From it, Caleb retrieved two colored swatches, and placed them onto his desk. "I have to repaint the walls of my dining room and I needed your opinion on the color. What do you think looks better? Charcoal Purple or Wine Red? I asked Pamela in Accounting and she recommended Truffle Brown. I then came to the conclusion that she has absolutely no taste."

His fingers began tapping against his desk as he went deeper into contemplation. "I figured someone like you could offer a better suggestion. You knew Samuel Felder, didn't you? He said he was close friends with you. We had to terminate his employment because he thought it was appropriate to photocopy several pictures of his exposed rear end and conspicuously place them around the office like some sort of twisted egg hunt. What he did in practice was frowned upon by professional standards, but one can't help but admire his creativity and craftiness - not to mention the masterwork in his symmetry of placement. From an artistic perspective, I'd say he's an absolute genius... a real shame we had to let him go. Would you like to see his work? I'm obligated by management policy to keep a copy for review."

Caleb pushed himself over on the chair over to his file cabinet and danced his fingers on the manila dividers until he found the piece of evidence he was saving. He stared at the paper in a moment of appreciation before sliding it over to Daniel. Now, Sam's asscheeks probably weren't the first thing Daniel wanted to see this morning, nor ever in his lifetime, but here it was on an eight-and-a-half by eleven sheet of paper and staring him in the face with its brown eye. "He even went through the trouble of laminating each copy, the absolute madman," Caleb added. "A sure sign of a man devoted to his craft. I'm quite impressed by his sheer passion." He took the sheet of evidence back and put it back into the cabinet. "Now being the close friend of his that you are, the point I was trying to get across is that I was hoping some of his artistic genius rubbed off on you and that you could help me today in my time of indecisiveness. So... I'll ask again. Charcoal Purple or Wine Red?"

Music: Gambit of the Incarnate
Spoiler:

Suddenly, a large, black bird swooped from outside and perched onto the office windowsill, tapping on the glass with its beak. Caleb looked over his shoulder and waved at it. "Oh, hello Kim." Caleb faced Daniel and shrugged. "It appears I have taken enough of your time, Daniel, for there is an even greater matter at hand. Please follow me, we have an important guest." Caleb led Daniel to the stairwell of the building and guided him all the way to the roof of the company. The sound of juddering helicopter blades intensified as the chopper descended onto the helipad. The helicopter door slid open, and from it, a woman dressed in a stylish black coat emerged. Her hair was white and braided into single ponytail, and it billowed about in the wind as she walked. Caleb walked forward to meet her and motioned for Daniel to do so as well.

"Good morning, Mr. Daniel Reisa," the woman spoke. "My name is Ryang Ji Yoon, and I am a representative of Duple Corporation." She bowed in addition to her introduction. "I am here on behalf of management to congratulate you as you are being promoted to an executive position within our ranks. You have been recognized and commended for your hard work in your record of employment under previous management of Glotech, and now our president, Mr. Lionel Halkius would like to speak with you in person. At his behest, I have been tasked of taking you back with me to Duple Corporation's headquarters so that you may have the honor of meeting him. So if you would, please come with me in the helico-"

"Stop!" a familiar voice shouted.

The door from stairwell swung open with force as Freya and Mishka barged onto the scene. "Do NOT go with that woman, Daniel!" Freya warned.

"Daniel must listen!" Mishka pleaded. "That woman is bad! She is...

...evil!"

"Mishka, what was with the big pause?"

Mishka looked down at his hands. "What? Mishka always had big paws."

"Goddammit Mishka, not now. Daniel! That woman is deceiving you!"

"And just who are you and why are you trespassing on company property?" Ryang demanded.

"We're not trespassing! We have an official visitor's pass!" Freya disputed, showing a paper that had been notarized by Caleb's signature. Ryang glared at Caleb with great disdain.

"...I thought they were just harmless visitors who wished to explore all of Glotech and understand what the company produces," Caleb shrugged.

"Caleb! You know Mr. Halkius was just going to liquidate all the acquired companies the moment we found all the incarnates anywa-"

Ryang cut herself off before she said anything further.

"Nothing. I said nothing."

"You see that, Daniel? Don't be tricked by Duple Corp! Come with us and we'll fill you in on what's really going on!"

"Mr. Reisa! Please come with me now! The state of your employment depends on it!"

>Go with Freya
>Go with Ryang
>Jump off the the company building and die
---

{Sariska}

"If you prefer so, Chloe," Aurora complied in regards to how she should address Chloe. When the three girls became seated in the car, Aurora would bring to Sariska's attention an urgent matter. "Miss Star, in case you have missed the news all over Exanet about the town, the Hastel District has been closed off by the police due to sudden breakout in gang-related activity. Lunaveil Studios will still be accessible as it resides on just the outer edge, however I am concerned for Miss Sicily and her well-being. She has not been responding to any of my messages and I wished to discuss with you and Alicia what we should do when we all meet up at the studio. Police aren't letting anyone in nor out, so it looks like she's stuck where she is for the time."

When they arrived at Lunaveil, Alicia was found sitting at the front door waiting for them.

"Oh my God! Star! Aurora! Did you hear about the news?" Alicia started in a panic.

"Yes, we're aware about the situation in Hastel. It would be best to discuss the proper course of action at this point."

"Should we... should we find another drummer? It's not too late, right?"

"Miss Sicily is stranded in a precarious situation and right now you're more concerned about the band?" Aurora was visibly upset. "That's rather deplorable, Miss Alicia. Miss Sicily is still part of the band. I know we have all but met a day ago, but it's selfish to just move on and forget about her."

"I... I didn't mean it like that! I'm worried too! It's just that... I don't think that... well I'm sorry, okay?" Alicia was getting caught up in her words, unable to justify herself. "I-I'm not trying to be selfish!"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:59 pm

"Oh, now I didn't hear about that." Sariska frowned and started rubbing her chin in thought. If Sicily couldn't join them for band practice today, they wouldn't have a chance at the concert tomorrow. She was sitting in the backseat with Aurora, so talking with her wasn't a pain. "Thank you for letting me know, Aurora. I wouldn't have heard otherwise until after the movie shooting today."

"I can cancel my meeting if you need me to," Chloe said from the wheel. "Though Karla hates it when I do that."

"You should meet her, it's been awhile. I'm sure we'll figure something out." Could she though? If the police weren't letting anyone in or out then it would be very difficult to get Sicily out of there. Maybe it would be better to find another drummer to fill her shoes, at least until after the concert. But, no, that wasn't right either. Sariska had already promised that role to Sicily, if they didn't at least make an effort for her it wouldn't sit right with her.

Alicia was just outside the studio, and when she suggested the same thing Sariska felt a little twinge. It really wasn't the thing to do. "Ladies, chill," Sariska said, smiling despite things. "If we get all caught up in the moment like this, we won't have a chance at the battle tomorrow anyway. Take a moment to relax and then we can sit down and think. I have a movie to shoot for, so come on inside. Aurora, Alicia, you two will be mostly on your own while I'm on set, but I can come back between shootings and straighten things out with you."

"I'm leaving," Chloe said. "Good luck with everything, Star. I'll see you later tonight, okay?"

"'Kay, bye sis."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:56 pm

Daniel gulped as Caleb took a seat in his larger-than-life chair. Hell, he probably didn't have anything that nice at home, let alone here at work. He started to fidget as just being around Caleb was making him all sorts of nauseous. Something would need to be done about this in the future if he were to keep working at Glotech... or Duple Corp, now. Usually just being near someone wouldn't really phase him, but this was all just pure torture. Caleb began his tirade with the classic "I'm sorry but not sorry to tell you this..." and Daniel braced himself for the worst. He was getting fired because of his unsatisfactory performance or something similar, even though Caleb made him out to believe that his previous work didn't matter at all anymore. He physically tensed as Caleb turned towards him, obviously to present him with the exit paperwork, but instead were two colored swatches, like paint colors.

On one hand, Daniel physically relaxed, but on the other, he was very confused. This wasn't at all what he was expecting... but then again, nothing with Caleb has been ordinary since the night Daniel met him. He couldn't stop himself from saying "Huh?" in disbelief, the irrational fear momentarily forgotten as he tried to process what Caleb's intentions were.

Caleb then mentioned Sam and his recent termination from what was now all Duple Corp. "Yeah he's a friend of mine, a college buddy..." Daniel grimaced as he learned the real reason behind why Sam got fired the previous day. Caleb went on about how he could see Sam's actions as multipurpose, and while Daniel disagreed, he definitely wouldn't say that to his boss. He was going to draw the line, though, when Caleb offered to show him one of the many copies of Sam's ... work. Before he could protest, Caleb pulled a laminated sheet of paper that contained a part of Sam he had never wanted to see. "Oh god, Sam, why?! Eugh!" He recoiled and turned away from Caleb and the awful image he held, though Daniel would probably never be able to get the image out of his head at this point. He struggled to turn back to face Caleb as he put the pornographic image out of human sight. Caleb asked Daniel again whether he should choose the red or the purple paint color.  "I think the purple suits you more, Mr. Ambrose..." he said, the fear coming back into every fiber of Daniel's being.

He was swiftly interrupted by the pecking of a beak on Caleb's office window. Daniel's eyebrows shot up. He hardly ever saw animals, let alone ones like that in the city. Apparently its name was Kim. Daniel tried to dismiss the bird's presence as just another Caleb oddity, but his boss beckoned for him to follow, apparently to meet a "special guest". Without a reply, he did follow Caleb up the stairwell to the rooftop of Glotech, to which he was met by a helicopter. Daniel hadn't actually been near a helicopter in person before, so the amount of wind the blades made kind of pushed him back. Caleb beckoned for Daniel to follow and meet the passenger.

A woman of whose likes he had never seen before emerged and moved towards him. Instead of a handshake, after she introduced herself as Ryang, she bowed. That was an interesting tidbit. Daniel nodded in response. "Good morning. Nice to meet you." Daniel's eyebrows shifted higher and higher as she told him that he'd be promoted for his excellent work in his time at Glotech, and that he'd get to actually meet the president of the company himself, Lionel Halkius. There were a few red flags dropping, but in all honesty, this was pretty cool, and it would keep him from having to go back to his cubicle and be anywhere near Sam's asshole. He was about to agree and go with Ryang when the door to the stairwell burst open behind him, a female voice beseeching Daniel to wait.

Daniel reeled back, trying to find the source of the voice. He saw Freya, and Mishka of all people. "Freya! Mishka?! What are you two doing here?" His surprise wasn't unwarranted, given that he hadn't seen Freya since that night at the Cat's Eye, and Mishka had appeared to completely forget about what he mentioned to Daniel. Freya told him NOT to go with Ryang. Mishka supported her, saying that Ryang was bad and... Daniel tilted his head towards the Beastfolke in anticipation... evil. That's not true, though... How could someone offering me job security and a chance to meet the president of a company be bad or evil? Freya asked Mishka what took so long to get to his point, and Mishka responded with an awful pun. Daniel audibly sighed and rolled his eyes. "Very clever, Mishka." Daniel said dryly.

Ryang then began a heated argument with Freya and Mishka, and Daniel started pacing backwards, most likely unnoticed, to try and at least not be in the direct center of a shouting match. Thoughts were running through his head a mile a minute. Why were they so concerned about him? Why couldn't he just be comfy and make a paycheck just like everyone else? On and on, he paced, backward, until he reached the edge of the wall with a thud. About six inches in height, the small cement foundation was all that stood between Daniel from a life of running away and an immediate solution.

"Look! I don't know why you all think I'm more than I am," he shouted, looking between Ryang and Freya, "but I'm not! I'm just a normal office worker that's just trying to make a paycheck and pay back my loans, maybe get a house one day and retire, like everyone else. What about that don't you get?!" His other foot reached the small, six inch ledge that stood between him and a better place. Tears welled in his eyes as he lifted a foot over on top of the small ledge.

>Jump off the company building--

"Mr. Reisa! Please come with me now! The state of your employment depends on it!"

Ryang's words stopped Daniel dead in his tracks. Why would he run away from such a nice offer? Maybe, if he took it, he could just work in peace like he wanted to. He wasn't special... He clenched his fists and solemnly put his foot back down onto the ground. "Yes, ma'am." Daniel replied in solemn resignation as he knew his choice was made. He walked again towards Ryang, taking one last look at Freya and Mishka. "I'm sorry. I've told you since I first met you, I'm not the guy you're looking for." Slightly less chipper than he would've been if those two hadn't presented a conflict, Daniel stood by Ryang, ready to be taken to whatever she had in store for him, and away from Caleb, and Freya, and Mishka, and everyone else that thought there was something weird about him.

>Go with Ryang.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:44 pm

"Daniel, you're making the biggest mistake of your life!" Freya screamed. She bared her teeth at him in fury like a hungry wolf, and then closed her eyes and calmed herself. "Mishka." The Beastfolke nodded and projected a sad look.

"Mishka know, little devotchka. Mishka know," he acknowledged. "Daniel. Mishka is very sorry. But Daniel leave Mishka no choice. Mishka... must kill Daniel." Freya brandished out the whip she kept at her side and shook her head.

"You could have avoided all this... if you would have listened... if you weren't so fucking brainless. You want to go on living your life as a plain office worker, and you shut your eyes and ears to the world around your little bubble. Well, the truth is right in front of you - the fact that Mishka and I are standing before you to tell you! You think we would have bothered with you if you were really 'normal?' If you were really 'normal' then in what way would we possibly benefit from seeking you out, out of everyone else in this city? Do you ever stop and think what might be going on, on the other side? Well, it doesn't matter now. You made your choice. You can't be reasoned with. We sought out to stop Duple Corporation from using you to further their twisted dealings. As long as you aren't in their dirty little hands, then it's victory enough for us. So there really is no way around it... is there, Mishka?"

The Beastfolke's nostrils flared as he released a primal roar that echoed into the sky.

"...I didn't think so."

Ryang placed her arm in front of Daniel's chest and gently pushed him back towards the chopper, making sure she was standing between him and Freya and Mishka. "Daniel, let's just go to the helicopter. You'll be safe, I promise," she assured him. Ryang held Daniel's hand and guided him to the helicopter seat, stopping just at the door to give an order. "Caleb. Please deal with our unwanted visitors."

Music: Caleb Begins His Hunt
Spoiler:

Caleb removed his glasses to wipe them nonchalantly, and grinned as he placed them back on. Whatever Daniel had felt when he was initially around Caleb was now growing stronger, as if it were taking physical form. Freya and Mishka flinched as the feeling had hit them, and Caleb began laughing madly. "My, my, my. I was beginning to tire of paperwork. My day has certainly becoming more interesting!"

"I knew there was something off about you when I first saw you," Freya said. "Just what are you anyway?"

Caleb gave another chorus of his inhuman laughter before he settled down.

"What am I, you ask? Well, I'll tell you! For centuries my kind has lived in our own societies of clans; our species hidden away while stalked and preyed upon the liked of humanity. You were but mere cattle to us, and in turn you learned to fear us! History has called us by many names..."

Caleb stared Freya and Mishka more intently as a pair of fangs extended from his mouth.

"But you will come to know me... as Vampire."

---

{Sariska}

"Alright, Miss Star. I'll stay by the set in case you need me," Aurora told Sariska. Alicia sank her body into her coat in shame.

"I'll just... stay out of your way. Good luck with your movie."

When Sariska entered the studios, Charger was already on the other side, staring down at his watch. He glanced up when he heard the door open and hurried Sariska into the building, making a wafting-in motion with the script in his hand. "Come on, come on, come on," he rushed, using his other hand to snap his fingers repeatedly. "In this business, on time is late, and early is on time. I wanna make this work, and you I know you wanna make this work, and to make this work, you gotta work with me, work with me, work with me." When they got to the set, Charger began pointing at each crew member and actor and directing them to their places at rapid pacing, like he was some sort of traffic cop. "Time's a wastin' people. Places, places. I must be a fuckin' trivia game because my favorite category is 'places.'"

Aurora and Alicia stood out of the way and appeared to be whispering to each other, presumably Alicia was trying to make things up with Aurora. The cameramen and studio staff formed a circle around Sariska, with Charger holding the clapperboard.

"LIGHTS! CAMERA! Action."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Sariska put her hand on Alicia's shoulder as a show of support. "Don't worry your pretty little head, everything will work out in the end." When the girl hid behind her coat she had to giggle a little. Charger wasn't happy with her being 'on time,' but he threw her onto the set anyway and before she knew it the cameras were rolling.

She sat at a desk, overlooking a mountain of newspapers. She heard footsteps - a sound effect made by the team before the real ones came knocking. Another actress walked in, playing her sister - funnily enough the character's name was Chloe. Only this actor had bright yellow hair instead of her Chloe's black hair, and was nearly as tall as she was, and certainly a lot tanner than Sariska's real sister. She yawned into her hand with half the vigor the real Chloe had in the mornings.

"Hey sis, what's on the agenda today," it said.

"The agenda starts with you going back offstage and redoing this whole scene," Sariska said. "Properly." The actress looked at her as if Sariska were the one going off-script. "Don't give me that look. I said off. I have no need of your incompetence this morning. If you can't do it right the first time, the fuck are you here for?"

The girl rolled her eyes and made a disgruntled noise. Sariska applied her hand to her face. "Ugh, the people I have to work with. Can I get some lights up here? We're supposed to be in a living room, not a castle dungeon." Someone shined a floodlight in her eyes. "Really? Get that out of here."

The scene had to be redone, that was fine, but this was getting ridiculous. Sariska was just glad she didn't have to change her outfit or makeup for this scene. Her sister came back into the set with a newspaper under her arm this time - like she was supposed to - and tossed it onto the desk.

"New paper for your collection," she said.

“Thanks, sis.” Sariska pushed the paper to the side. “I’ve been looking over the past twenty years of newspapers, most of it is political jargon I don’t understand, but every now and then I’ll find something good.”

“You mean besides Town Idiot Elected President of America?”

“DJT was horrible, but that’s not what I’m talking about. See here, March 22, 2045. ‘Enclave Immigration Article 34’ – A thousand migrants coming from the south seek entry into Block 62, Area 4. This used to be Pennsylvania, I think. Area 1 is Virginia, Area 2 is Maryland…yes, I’m sure of it.”

“Didn’t dad say the Law of Equilibrium started with the Americas in 2020?”

“Yeah, I remember. I’m surprised that guy got elected twice, but I suppose it isn’t too difficult to believe. Anyway, look here.”

Sariska pointed to another clipping taken out of the following year’s newspaper. March 22, 2046. Area 4 Uprising – Ten thousand residents of Blocks 58 thru 67 rebel against the Nightwatch Enclave. “A thousand guys who incited a rebellion,” Sariska said. “It isn’t the only time it happened either. Fifty migrants to Area 37 – that’s Wisconsin – in 2052 started a rebellion that lasted for two years. Area 46, California, in 2058. Area 31, Texas, in 2059. Area 12, Florida, started rebelling last month and is still going on. There are people out there who know what we know and have been inciting rebellions for the past twenty years, perhaps longer. Even the old Asian countries started rebelling last year.”

The doorbell rang. “That must be Tammy,” Chloe said. “I called her last night while you were out doing your thing. I’ll go let her in.”

“I’ll be down in a minute.”

Scene cut to an end. Sariska paused for a moment, running the exchange through her head. "Yeah, that wasn't bad. Could use a little more sugar in your coffee, I think."

"I don't drink coffee," the actor, Irene, said with extreme prejudice.

"I think it's time you started." Sariska hopped off stage so the guys could switch sets. She moved to where Aurora and Alicia were. "You guys figure anything out?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Daniel's heart sunk as he listened to Freya's monologue. Just what was going on here? What exactly did Duple Corp want with him...? For that matter, what did Freya want with him? He just wanted to be a normal guy, why was that so hard? His heart kicked into overdrive as Mishka roared through his nostrils. These guys wanted him dead. They really wanted him dead. Even more primal fear coursed through him as he hyperventilated. This wasn't at all the kind of day he was supposed to be having. This was all wrong. This had to be a bad dream that he couldn't wake up from, certainly. There was no way that any of this was happening for real. It just couldn't be. Absentmindedly, Daniel pinched himself. It hurt. He wasn't dreaming.

Suddenly, Ryang's arm pushed Daniel back towards the helicopter cabin, with Ryang moving in front of him, seemingly to protect him from Freya and Mishka. Daniel then heard Ryang tell him to get in the helicopter, that everything would be just fine, that he'd be safe. Daniel honestly wasn't too sure how to feel about this; on one hand, it was nice to feel desired by more than one woman, it was pretty flattering, but on the other hand, why did they want him? And wasn't he supposed to be on the opposite side here? Ryang took his hand, and Daniel grasped hers in return, as he silently let Ryang guide him to the seat, not sure what to say, and he allowed room for her to get in the vehicle.

Without a sound, Daniel merely watched as Ryang gave Caleb an order to ... deal with Freya and Mishka. His eyes shot wide open as he could see Caleb take off his glasses. As he did, the irrational fear from the office magnified tenfold. He thought he could see a wispy dark-colored shadow move around Caleb's form. A strong wave of nausea and panic rode over him, and it took everything Daniel had to not vomit his cereal all over the cockpit. Caleb introduced himself as a "vampire", the creatures of legend that only existed in young adult novels. What was he? And how did Ryang have Caleb under her thumb like that? Was she somehow more powerful than he was? The butterflies in his stomach mixed with an earthquake.

Right. "Please..." Daniel choked out as he looked away from Caleb and what he might do to Freya and Mishka. He wanted to be more eloquent, but the mixture of emotions that was flowing through Daniel's head was keeping him from forming full sentences. "What's going on...? Something's ... not quite right, here." The mixture of pain in his head along with the awful sick feeling and panic and the sudden loss of heat was not making for a very happy Daniel. "Why did... they want to kill me? I'm just a normal guy..." The tears returned. Everything had gone to shit ever since he met those two. Things were going just fine until he had to see them at the Cat's Eye. If he had never seen them, never decided to go out because of a random piece of notebook paper instructing him to, none of this would be happening. "Please... I want to know." He gripped Ryang's hand tighter as he tried not to cry in front of her. He hated that this all was happening to him, and that there was nothing he could do about it. It was all their fault. Maybe one day, they would pay.

Last edited by Gist on Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next