Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heritage

3 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Heritage - Page 8 Empty Re: Heritage

Post by Zerifachias Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Sariska whistled softly at the guitar Zeto brought out. It was a nice guitar. She personally liked hers better, but it was clear Zeto was an avid player just from the wear on his guitar. When he invited them to join him, she quickly went about setting up her guitar. She waited for his lead, listening to the notes and the rhythm before playing. As Sariska started getting into it more, her knees and head started to bounce in time to the rhythm.

Even with no experience playing with each other, the notes came so easily and smoothly she almost felt like she was in her old band. She closed her eyes and swung her hips a little. She could see the stage in her mind, in front of thousands of faceless strangers. Lights flashing from the cameras in the crowd, the heavy and hot stage lights shining down on her. The weight of her guitar on her shoulder and the sweat from her brow. Halfway through she started gently humming along.

It was over too soon. Sariska turned off her amp and played with her strings for a bit before putting the music down. "I haven't had this much fun with improv since my old band days." This guy was quiet and put her off at first, but after playing with him she felt much more at ease. Maybe it was just her imagination. "Color me impressed, I almost feel outclassed here." She gave a big grin. "You seem like a pretty cool guy, Zeto. I'd love to play with you again sometime."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm

Daniel considered what Caleb had to say with both distaste and regret. He was in no position to be blubbering like he was. After all, there would be ample opportunity to address the issue at hand when work rolled around tomorrow. Thinking of seeing Ryang in his current state made Daniel shudder. No one in their right mind would want to see him like this; he had already done enough damage in the helicopter ride to Duple Corp. "No... I... I can't let her see me like this. I don't want any of them to know about this, but especially not her. I've already put her through too much as it is."

Somewhere in the back of his mind, he pictured Ryang as a similar personality to Mia, when Mia wasn't lashing out at the world. She was also very nice to him, and most people wouldn't bother giving him the time of day. Ryang had done a lot for Daniel, and he so didn't want to throw that away for something so trivial. Though, he needed to think. His stomach audibly growled as he brought together his one suitcase of clothes and his wilting potted plant. "Do you want lunch? Milo's Cafe had good breakfast, and I'm curious about the kinds of food they've got at this hour, since I never really got out of the office around this time."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:36 pm

{Daniel}

Caleb merely stared at Daniel for his indecisiveness and then at his invitation for lunch. "Daniel," Caleb spoke. "In case you haven't noticed by now, but I am a vampire. Have you ever seen the likes of my kind dining at a cafe? Both your ignorance and your fickleness are proving to be deplorable. However, if you require sustenance, then you are more than welcome to return to the manor where my servants can prepare you something. I will be in the car when you've made your decision. Should I have to come in here again, you and I will have a problem."

He made his way to the doorway and stopped. "Duple Corp will be sending a notice to your landlord. Your lease shall be dissolved and the company will cover any fees and remaining rent you may owe. You won't be living here anymore."

---

{Sariska}

"Sure," Zeto promised, stowing his guitar back into the case. He carried the case over his shoulder and flicked back his guitar pick for Sariska to catch. The pick had a royal suit spade design and shined against the light. "If you ever see me again," he continued. "You can give me that back, and we can play. I won't be needing it in the meantime." Raising a two-finger salute, Zeto left Sariska to rehearse with her band. "Room's all yours."

Sicily bit her bottom lip and glanced over at Aurora. "So he was cute, right? I definitely caught you staring, Aurora."

Aurora was caught off guard and fumbled over her words. "Ah! I-It's not that... it's just... the way he was playing. It felt like he was... sad. It showed in his eyes, like he was suffering."

"Oooh, you were staring into his eyes, huh?"

"S-Stop!"

Alicia rolled her eyes and struck a loud chord to get their attention. "We still have a competition to rehearse for, you know. This really means a lot to some of us." Sicily raised an eyebrow at Alicia and made an amused laugh.

"What, you actually think we're gonna win this thing?"

"Do I think we're gonna - what are you talking about? We have to practice a song to compete!"

"Well sure, but like... do you actually think we're gonna win?"

"Why do you keep asking that?"

"This is your first Battle of the Bands, ain't it?"

"It's going to be, yes."

"Well then I hate to be the one to break this to you, but we don't stand a snowball's chance. Fuckin' competition is a popularity contest. You can play the best damn song you can come up with, but it ain't gonna matter because it's all up to a crowd vote. And the crowd's pretty damn biased."

"Explain."

"Well, most of the people coming to this thing are either the bands, or the fans of the bands that came to support them. We just formed this shit like yesterday, and we aren't gonna get a big-ass following in one night. Those other bands have been going to these contests for years, and they've at least built up somewhat of a name for themselves. Nobody's gonna know who the hell we are, and I guarantee you our votes are gonna go straight into the shitter."

"Well if you think we're not gonna win, then why did you bother joining us?"

"Two reasons. One, it was to meet some of the guys that come to these things. Two, it was something to do."

"I can't stand you sometimes! How can you even say that?"

"What, did you think all this was gonna be some kind of sisterhood or something, where we all find ourselves through the power of music? S'pretty gay thinking, tee-bee-aytch. I don't mind hanging out with you guys, but like, I ain't about to take a bullet for any of you. I mean, be real with me, you guys considered replacing me when Hastel got lit, didn't you?"

"..."

"Exactly. We met fucking yesterday. Get over yourself."

Aurora was watching the entire back and forth and looked worried. She wasn't exactly sure how to defuse the situation, or if she even could. Her fingers began nervously fidgeting again, and she was unable to say anything.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 pm

"Right on," Sariska said. She put the guitar pick in one of her inner jacket pockets, close to her chest. That way she would always have it with her, 'cause she never checked that pocket anyway, just in case she met Zeto again sometime. She was distracted by the music in her head. She felt energized, like playing the guitar woke something in her. It didn't last long.

"Alicia, that's enough," Sariska said. She had to put her foot down else the whole band would fall apart before it could even start with the first practice session. "Sicily is right, it would be crazy to think we have any chance in hell to get even a single vote in the battle. It took months for my old band to be ready for the big stage. We have less than a day to practice and honestly we're not going to woo the crowd enough to win this thing. Of course, that doesn't mean we're not going to play our asses off and try to win.

"What is important now is for us to practice together, as a band, and learn how each other plays. That improv-session with Zeto turned out really well and I have high hopes for the rest of the day. Tomorrow we're going to get our names and faces put out there, and the best we can hope for is finding a couple fans out in the audience who will spread word of us. I don't know what you all are planning to do after the battle is over. If you want to leave, fine. If you stay, great. I've been a solo act for two years and I don't have a problem with going back to it, but I think we could work out something really cool as a group. For now, though, we need to work together. That means no more fighting you two. Got it?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Daniel had tried to make amends with Caleb, only to be shot down like the fool he was. He may as well avoid socializing with Caleb altogether at this point, as the vampire clearly wanted nothing to do with him. Daniel couldn't really blame him, though; who would want to spend time with or talk to the kind of guy like he was? It was pretty laughable, all things considered. He just shouldn't bother. Caleb went out of the apartment, leaving Daniel precious moments alone. He probably wouldn't get too many more of those, so he wanted to revel in his privacy for a bit longer before heading out. He turned and looked around for the last time at what his life used to be.

The apartment was a bit small, but it was all Daniel really needed since he moved away from home a few years ago. It was strange to be leaving it now, but it couldn't be helped. The company was dissolving any ties that he had remaining, so he wouldn't need to worry about the rent here anymore. It all really was too good to be true. Keep an open mind, huh? Well, if he says so. It's just a lot to think about... He was lost in thought as he gathered the small amount of things he wanted to keep from his former life, and followed Caleb back to the limo still parked precariously out of place in comparison to the other cars in the lot, shutting his apartment door for the last time. He didn't bother locking up behind him since there was really nothing else he needed or wanted from the place. He stood outside the door to the back of the limo, looking aimlessly back towards what used to be his apartment. "The manor is fine. I'm ready when you are, Caleb."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:56 pm

{Daniel}

The door was held for Daniel once again, with plenty of rooms for him and his things. Caleb said nothing else, as chances were, he was most likely annoyed with Daniel wasting his time. Vampires were a prideful bunch, so it seemed. One could only imagine how Caleb, a man with many servants, came to serve someone like Daniel. Without any protest, Caleb drove all the way back to his stately manor. It was another ride in silence, with only the sound of the car's engine audible for the two.

Once they were into the estate's main hall, Caleb snapped his fingers and the butler he called Briarworth appeared before them.

"Master Caleb?" he rasped in his elderly voice.

"Mr. Reisa is hungry. Please set him in the banquet hall and prepare his lunch."

"Of course, Master Caleb."

Caleb gestured Daniel to follow, and led him through the labyrinth that was his home all the way to a room with a large dining table. Briarworth pulled a seat for Daniel, and faded into the shadows. Two more figures would appear by Daniel, one holding a bottle of wine and pouring a glass for Daniel, while the other set down silverware and a handkerchief for him. They were both pale, as the other vampires were. Two women, dressed in their maid uniforms - one blonde, and the other with violet hair. They spoke not a word to Daniel and stood by his chair as Briarworth and a group of other vampiric butlers under his command showed up. They set several platters on the table, covered by silver lids. When unveiled, they revealed an assortment of fruits, a large roast, and a plate of caviar complete with its own pearl spoon. When they finished setting up, Caleb sat across from Daniel, and the servants remained.

All eyes were on Daniel.
---

{Sariska}

Alicia went quiet to gather her thoughts. "Fine," she grunted. "Let's just practice."

Sicily shrugged and pressed on her drum pedal a few times. She was about to lay a beat, but stopped her drumsticks. "Waaaaaait. What song are we playing?"

Alicia paused. "I... don't know."

"Shit, we were all just jamming out a minute ago. Can we seriously not get our shit going?"

"I'm at a loss."

"It felt so natural with that other guy leading us... can we get Zeto back in here?"

Aurora checked outside the door.

"He's long gone."

"Damn. Well... what do we do now?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Sariska thought about laughing but decided against it. Once the door was closed, she cleared her throat to bring attention back to her. "Easy, you two. We don't need Zeto to lead - that's what I'm here for. I was the leader of my other band, remember? Just follow my lead and let's start rocking the room."

She lead off with a few licks of her guitar to get the mood going. She wanted the other two to jump on in whenever, so that when they played it could be by will, like it was before. Sariska wanted that feeling back before doing anything with the song she had written. She didn't sing, only played and bounced to the rhythm of the music while she watched Sicily and Alicia.

Music: Improv

Once the song was over, Sariska took a breath. "There. That wasn't so bad. I want to get right into the song I wrote last night, so let me go through with you guys one-on-one so you know what's going to happen. Then we'll play together for the rest of our time and try to get it all worked out. Feel free to adjust what you think needs to be adjusted. Alright? You first Sicily."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Daniel wanted to protest being displayed to Caleb's staff so ostentatiously, but his stomach growled, silencing any resistance he may have had. Daniel meekly followed Caleb like the sad excuse of a human being he was when the vampire gestured to him. The way to the banquet hall was very confusing; he was sure he would get absolutely lost if he tried to go anywhere in this mansion by himself. After a few minutes of wandering through what seemed to be endless halls, Caleb and Daniel reached the banquet hall where there were various staff dressed in servants' attire scattered across the room making various preparations.

It was all a strange experience for Daniel, to be treated more lavish than the other ninety nine percent. He pinched himself when he thought no one was looking. It hurt. He still wasn't dreaming. Two maids sat him down at the expansive table, where there were silver platters laid out before him. With each one unveiled, awesome smells assaulted him from all angles. He couldn't help his stomach roaring at this point as he looked over all of the food that he could have only ever hoped to afford. There was an array of options, but he noticed a tray of fruit. Plucking a banana, he nodded his head to the staff that kept their eyes on him. "Thank you all for everything." He peeled the banana and began to eat slowly, still apprehensive about everyone in the room staring at him as if he were a piece of meat.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:40 pm

{Daniel}

The staff watched Daniel eat only the banana, persisting their eyes upon him. The two maids leaned in from behind his seat and towards his shoulders.

"Try the roast," the blonde vampire suggested.

"Yes, try the roast," the violet-haired one added in.

"We worked very hard on it."

"Yes, very hard."

"Are you not hungry?"

"You must eat."

The two then began to speak in unison.

"Master Caleb."
"Master Caleb."

"He's not eating."
"He's not eating."

"He's being..."
"He's being..."

"Ungrateful."
"Ungrateful."

"Shall we..."
"Shall we..."

"Dispose of him?"
"Dispose of him?"

"Enough," Caleb ordered. "Mr. Daniel Reisa is our honored guest, and we are to show him the proper hospitality." He rested his face against his fist, with his elbow on the table. The two maids stood back and pouted, allowing Daniel some space.

"Pay no mind to Mira and Leina... they can be rather excitable. You may go ahead and finish your meal, Daniel."
---

{Sariska}

"I don't have any problems on my side, Chief," Sicily said, leaning back on her seat. "Drummer's job is just to lay the foundation for the band. I can keep my tempo and rhythm just fine. What do you wanna go over?" Aurora was taking notes on the entire band's creative process on her tablet, keeping to herself as she watched Sariska interact with her bandmates.

Alicia remained quiet and checked her bass guitar, and adjusted the settings on her amp. After a while, Sicily spoke again. "Hypothetically speaking, I had a thought. If by some snowball's chance we manage to win this bitch... what would you guys do with your share of the cash?"

"I just wanna meet Sixela," Alicia shrugged. "The money would probably just sit in my savings account until I need it."

"Eh, that's boring."

"What about you?"

"Iunno... probably throw the biggest party up in this bitch."

"What about you, Aurora?"

"I'm not actually playing in the band, so I don't really have a claim to a share."

"What about you, Star? I'll bet you'll buy a big-ass chain or something. Get all blinged out. Designer stunna shades and a grill. That's totally you."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:02 pm

"I want to go through some simple chords. Truth be told, I'm not all that worried about you. You do much better work than Ken did." Still, Sariska wanted to work closely with both of her bandmates. She struck a few chords in succession to get a feel for how Sicily responded to them. As promised, the drummer knocked it out of the park. "That's good, I like how that feels." Sariska went through part of the song she wrote and Sicily kept up with her. She listened absentmindedly to her and Alicia but was brought back to life when she was addressed.

"Oh no, nothing like that." Sariska laughed. "Though there was a day a couple years ago when I only wore black and silver. Had my hair dyed silver and wore a black leather jacket. Chloe nearly had a heart attack when she first saw me. I think I still have the jacket somewhere. As for what I'd do with the prize pool..." Sariska nodded her head from side to side, wondering. "I dunno. I've never earned that kind of money before. I might have my father's sword sharpened and polished. God knows that old thing could use it." That was probably what she should do. It wasn't some antique to sit on the mantle for the rest of its days.

"You're up next Alicia." Sariska switched the strings on her guitar to get the bass sound she wanted. "I'm only decent at bass, so follow along and give me some feedback on what you think might work better." Sariska flicked the chords a bit and smiled before getting into the actual piece.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Every hair on Daniel's body stood at attention as the maids behind him started admonishing Daniel for not taking a slice of the admittedly delicious roast in front of him. They spoke of disposing of him, which really made Daniel lose his appetite, but he feared for his life, so he had better eat the roast or suffer the consequences. He gulped and managed to stammer out an "I-I'm sorry." before putting the half-finished banana back down on his plate and moving towards the roast that still steamed in front of him. It was most likely pork, but the flesh was covered in an array of blackened spices that only added to the gorgeous smell that was wafting through the room.

Trembling, Daniel attempted to cut into the meat of the roast, making an end slice. Caleb told him not to worry about the maids Mira and Leina, but he had a strange feeling that he had very good reason to worry about his well-being while he was anywhere around Caleb or anyone that worked for him. "N-no need to apologize, they did work very hard on this meal, and I shouldn't be ungrateful." He wanted to try to make sure he pandered to the maids behind him so he may wake up the next morning alive and well, but it probably wouldn't work, knowing Daniel. He forked a slice of the roast onto his plate next to the banana, still piping hot. Taking a small bite, his mouth exploded in savory flavor. These maids really did know how to cook, holy shit. He had never tasted anything so tender, flavorful, and luxurious before. "Oh..."

Daniel thoughtfully chewed and did everything in his power to keep from going savage and just devouring the rest of the meat without manners. After all, he would probably be killed like a pig if he ate like one, so he needed to act with utmost caution. "Oh. This is so good. This is likely the most delicious roast I'll ever eat, Mira, Leina. Thank you both very much." Daniel started eating at a slightly increasing pace, but he was still nervous as all hell and just waiting for something bad to happen that would put him in some compromising position or another. Better to be paranoid than to be blissfully ignorant.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:54 pm

{Daniel}

Mira and Leina spoke not a word, and continued to watch Daniel eat from a distance. Caleb still sat at the other end, patiently waiting while he glanced over to the lead butler. "Briarworth," he addressed him.

"Master Caleb?"

"I grow rather spiritless. Do entertain us with a joke, won't you?"

"Ah... as you wish, Master Caleb. Ahem. A young woman once owned a parrot. The parrot had a very rude and obnoxious temperament and spoke nothing but vulgarities. For a few days, the young woman tried to correct the parrot's behavior by teaching it polite phrases. Unfortunately, the parrot persisted with its ways. Fed up and angry, the woman punished the pet by sticking it in the freezer, causing it to squawk and curse until it stopped. Fearing for the bird's life, the woman opened the freezer to check on the parrot. To her surprise, the parrot apologized and said to her: 'I do apologize for offending you with my inappropriate language and unforgivable actions. From now on, I shall do everything in my power to mend my behavior.' The parrot would then go on to say, 'May I ask what the turkey did?'"

Caleb tented his fingers, and placed his lips against his hands with closed eyes.

"Briarworth."

"Master?"

"That was terrible."

"My apologies, Master Caleb."

Caleb then turned his attention back to Daniel. "Whenever you are finished, Daniel, feel free to excuse yourself. The servants shall clean up after you."

{Mira, Leina, and Briarworth's social profiles added}
---

{Sariska}

"My role as a bass player isn't too different from Sicily's," Alicia explained. "It's all about keeping rhythm and harmony. Most of the time, the audience won't notice the bass, I'm mainly about supporting your guitar and feeding off Sicily's beat. I can stand off on my own with my own thing... if you want." Alicia started playing a groove to give off a mood, before she went into a more serious progression. Halfway into her demonstration she stopped and took a look at her guitar.

"Now that I think about it - it's kinda stiff. I think I may have made the strings too tight. Don't want them springing off and lashing my hands."

She began re-tuning her guitar, as Sicily asked a question.

"So... why do you wanna meet Sixela so bad anyway? Her music's alright, but I don't think it's that great."

"Are you kidding?! She's an inspiration! Her music holds its own spectacularly, and seeing her live is a greater experience altogether! After I went to my first concert, I bought so much merch. Posters, CD's, T-shirt's..."

"Bet you bought a body pillow of her too, pfft..."

"What?"

"Huh?"

"What?"

"Hmm?"

"Personally, I wouldn't mind meeting her at least once," Aurora added in.

Last edited by Vergil on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:39 pm

"I thought something sounded a bit off," Sariska said, waiting for Alicia to finish tuning up her guitar. Everything was running smoothly so far. The two girls were mostly right - their roles were just keeping rhythm and supporting her play. But it was so much more than that. Without the base, there would be nothing for her sound to stand on. Sariska decided not to say anything and went through the motions with Alicia again.

"Honestly, I'm not all that concerned with meeting Sixela," Sariska said. "I'm not the type of person who idolizes people. I prefer being on even ground with the people I admire or rival. My father is the only person I've ever looked up to and, well, I suppose he doesn't really count." Sariska looked over at Alicia. "Those who busy themselves with looking up to others will only trip over the hands of those who are brought down. Those who look down will be drowned in the sea of adversity. Look only forward, so you can see all people where they should be: as equals."

Sariska paused. "That's what I would say, if I were still downstairs shooting the movie. Of course all of that is cheesy nonsense. Come on, let's all play together and finish up. I think we've done just about all we can today."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:10 pm

Daniel did his best to eat as civilized as he could manage. He worked his way through a third of the succulent roast and a few fruits whose peels he left on his plate. He hadn't touched any the caviar, but in his defense, there really wasn't anything there for him to spread it on, fancy as it was. He considered trying it for Mira and Leira's sake, but he really couldn't eat anymore. He scooted his chair back and stood, looking over the magnificent feast still laid on the table; he had hardly touched any of it. To be fair, he was the only one that was actually eating anything, but it was strange that the staff would prepare so much food for one person.

Daniel stepped away from the table and bowed to Caleb and his staff. "Thank you all very much, again, for everything. The food was magnificent, and you all have been kind to me, all things considered." Probably said too much, but it was all true. Daniel traipsed his way out of the dining hall, unsure of exactly where he was going, but it gave him some time to mull over things. Would it be so bad to just let things happen? After all, he did make the choice to come with Ryang into this place... If he were being honest with himself, he would probably be better on the winning side anyhow. Duple Corp seemed much more secure than being with Mishka and Freya had ever seemed, and Lionel, Ryang, even everyone else he had met earlier all seemed like perfectly fine people.

He finally made his way to the staircase that led to the room "Sicily" had marked (and the unfortunate painting that Caleb had commissioned, but Daniel tried his best to ignore that). He was resolute. It was time for a change. He was tired of being a whiny little bitch that couldn't accept change. Things would be okay, and he would be fine with them, even if he didn't really like them. Being "special" couldn't be so bad, right? The setting sun cast a rosy light through the tinted front windows of the manor. He didn't have anymore business to attend to, so he would most likely fumble around until he found his new room and would retire for the night.

[End of Day 3]
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:09 pm

{Sariska}

"Nice line, I think I read that in a fortune cookie once," Alicia teased, readying up for the signal. Nobody had noticed Aurora slipping out of the room until she returned with bottled water, sharing them Sariska and the band. Sicily started up the rehearsal with a countdown, just as she did when they played with Zeto. On her mark, the drums and bass went off, playing in sync and kickstarting the song in restless energy. The room went alive as they drove their beats and grooves - their tune growing in progression.

Despite the differences and motivation the two girls had for playing in the band, they contributed a working harmony all the same. Sariska had room to jump in at any time she felt like it, and Aurora made sure to stay out of the band's creative space while she wrote her own notes in her tablet. When they finished, the song faded at the end of the outro and the band returned to their banter.

"So, Aurora," Sicily addressed her.

"Yes, Miss Sicily?" Aurora responded.

"You play any instruments?"

"The flute, trumpet, a little bit of violin... and the triangle."

"Huh. Kinda weird you'd end up managing a rock band."

"I suppose. But since I'm not officially playing an instrument in the band, it's rather irrelevant. Do you play anything other than the drums?"

"I can sing a little."

"You? You can sing?" Alicia asked skeptically.

"Yeah, why does that surprise you?"

"I dunno... you just don't seem like the singer type."

"Yeah, well, I can. Only reason I joined up a drummer was because Aurora said that was the only position that was open. Do you just play bass?"

"Yeah."

"Might wanna consider expanding your repertoire, there. Never gonna know when you'll need to switch it up."

"I'll consider it."

"So, is that it? We done with practice, Star? Or do we need another run at this?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:38 pm

In between singing, Sariska would hold a note in repeat as she gave out some instructions to the other two. This wasn't improv, otherwise she'd let them do whatever. The beat was solid, though, and Sariska didn't have much more to say on the matter. As they ended she took a break to refresh herself while the others had their banter.

"You know, Sicily, we might do well with a backup singer since we don't have a rhythm guitar," Sariska mentioned. "Maybe we can work something out after the battle tomorrow. And Alicia, I can teach you a bunch of different instruments, if you're interested. Acoustic or electric guitar - you already play bass - piano, keyboard, drums," Sariska was listing off instruments she could play before she knew it. "Violin, cello, and a variety of other strange stringed instruments. My dad wanted me to learn the bagpipes but that wasn't going to happen." She laughed a little.

"I think we're good as we are. That'll be it for today." Sariska put her guitar back into its case and shouldered it. "So what's next? Explore the city? Go out for karaoke and dancing? Or do we call it for the day?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:25 pm

{Sariska}

Music: Wrapping Up
Spoiler:

"I should be getting home," Alicia explained. "I still need to finish that chicken I bought yesterday. Plus, I need to get going to my little cousin's birthday." She picked up her bass and waved to the band. "I'll meet up with you guys at Winddrift Stadium at noon. See you guys later." The bassist made her exit, leaving just Sicily, Sariska, and Aurora. Sicily in the meantime was dismantling at drums at an impressive speed, and storing the parts back into her case.

"You're quite swift at deploying and stowing that," Aurora remarked.

"Well, when you have to take the damn thing out all the time and putting it back, you start developing a method," Sicily said back. She stacked her drumsticks together and slipped them into the side of her case. "Like fucking clockwork." With all of Hastel locked down, Sicily didn't really have anywhere she was supposed to be - if the girl had anyone she had to answer to anyway. "I'm down for whatever. Probably gonna have to find some place to crash later, since Hastel is a giant fuckstorm now. Speaking of which, I should text my roommate in case he wonders where I went."

Sicily pulled out her phone and clicked away at the touch screen. Aurora tidied up the room to make sure it was in the same condition as it was when they entered.

"Will you be needing my assistance any further, Miss Star?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:39 pm

"Make sure you get a good night's sleep," Sariska called after Alicia. The last thing they needed was a band member running low on energy. Sicily said something about needing a place to crash and Sariska was about to offer - again - but stopped herself before she could open her mouth. She had already offered before and when she did felt a slight twinge of regret. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to board Sicily on her couch. Not yet, anyway, not when the only thing she knew about the girl was that she liked drugs a bit too much. She wouldn't mention it at all, then.

"I think we're done too, Aurora," Sariska said. "Shall we head back to my apartment, then? You left your scooter parked there, so we'll need to head back anyway. Chloe might be able to come pick us up." Sariska pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to her sister. The reply was almost instant, the phone lit up before she could put it back in her pocket. "She's on her way now. Sicily, will you join us or do you have different plans?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:33 am

{Sariska}

"Very well, I can help you with your belongings," Aurora offered, opening the door for Sariska and Sicily.

"Knock yourself out," Sicily imposed, tossing her case over to Aurora although the intern was mostly referring to Sariska. Sicily casually clasped her hands against the back of her neck as she walked; nonchalant and aloof. Aurora followed behind, lugging the heavy instrument set. "Anyway, I said I was down for whatever. I haven't spent a whole lotta time outta Hastel - and I never really had a  reason to, so as of now this is all uncharted waters for me. Have you seen the entire town yet? From what I hear, Yisten's a hell of a place."

"Miss Sicily, what will you be doing in the meantime while the crime outbreak is being pacified?"

"Iunno. Might stay a few nights at a motel or some shit. This ain't the first time I've had to settle on my own, so I'll get by."

"What do you do for a living?"

"Ain't nunya business."

"I don't believe I've ever heard of that company."

"Girl, are you for real?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:07 pm

"I'm afraid I haven't been able to see much of the city, despite having lived here for so long," Sariska said. Her focus was usually on auditioning for movies and practicing whatever instrument she could get her hands on. "We can head into Yisten and put our feet to the concrete while we look for a place for you to stay."

Sariska and the other two met up with Chloe as she was drove up to the curb. The younger sister was wearing of full black sunglasses and a leather jacket over her tiny frame. She rolled down the window and smirked from under her glasses. "Hey there pretty ladies," she said in her best 'Butch' accent. Which was not very good. "You all looking like you need a ride. Hop on in. I'll take ya anywhere the sun sets."

"Chloe, really?"

"Don't give me that." Chloe spoke normally now. "I'm here to give you a ride, so you have to entertain my whims. And to think, I'm always ready to do anything for my big sister."

Sariska sighed. "I get it, I'm sorry." That turned Chloe's grin on. "We're headed for the apartment, unless you want to join us in Yisten, Aurora?"

"Ooh, there's a really good nightclub out in Yisten I've been meaning to take you to, sis."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:06 pm

{Sariska}

"I like the cut of your jib, sistafriend," Sicily stated, sliding into the back seat. Aurora buckled in after and set her bag next to her after she put away Sicily's drums in the trunk.

"If you need me to come along, then I will oblige," Aurora nodded over to Sariska. Sicily bit her cheek for a moment before she decided to let out what was on her mind.

"Are you a robot, or something?"

"...Excuse me?"

"Are. You. A. Robot. Like seriously, this entire time it seems like you can't make a decision without Star giving you approval. You don't need her permission to hang out with us, you know."

"Oh..."

"For frick sake, what did you even do before you met her?"

"I stayed in my dorm and read mostly-"

"Alright, stop right there. This is worse than I thought," Sicily groaned. She then tapped on the side of Chloe's seat. "Star's sister! Make a beeline for Yisten, we need a hundred cc's of partying stat! Our patient is flatlining and the only cure is to teach her how to go clubbing!"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:49 pm

"One trip for copious amounts of alcohol, coming right up!" Chloe said as she shifted into gear and then gently drove onto the road. She turned the radio down so she could talk to the others. "So how was practice guys? You think you're ready for tomorrow?"

"We did well, I think," Sariska said. "Everyone seems to be meshing well. It's basically up to my voice at this point. You'll get to see tomorrow. You did get your tickets, right?"

"Oh yeah," Chloe flashed the tickets from her pocket. "Karla gave them to me. We're going together and she entrusted them to me since she's so forgetful. I'll also have some matching outfits for you by tomorrow."

"Really, that quickly?"

"Karla's people work fast. I think you'll like what we decided on."

"Let me guess, bare midriff, short skirt, black leather jacket?"

"Hm," Chloe smiled a little bit. "You'll see," was all she said. It wouldn't be long before they pulled into the nightclub lot. Angel Clover it was called, apparently. "Alright, everyone out! Lets go mingle with the people!"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:43 pm

{Sariska}

Music: "Operation: Groove"
Spoiler:

"'Matching outfits?'" Sicily repeated. "Dunno 'bout everyone else, but I rather like the getup I currently have on." As they left the confines of the car, Aurora had a look of anxiety on her.

"I'm not sure this is a good idea."

"Don't worry about that. After a few drinks, a lot of shit will seem like a good idea," Sicily chimed.

"I... don't drink, though."

"We'll get you started."

The inside of Angel Clover was full of modernized designs, neon shades of blue and purple shining in unison. The bar was lined up with every stool taken - a mix of pinstripe suits and cocktail dresses, and the bartender keeping up with the drink orders while stylishly tossing the mixer about and filling the glasses. A wall of celebrity posters hangs in the back, showing the famous people that once visited the place; one of them being Sixela herself. It takes a while for the eyes to adjust to the dark tones and flashing lights clashing about - but the rhythm of the music easily takes over the will, compelling the body to dance. And yet, there's only a solitary soul on the LED floor. It's Detective Wyrick from before, and she has all eyes on her. The patrons of the club are enthralled by her dance; their gazes following along with the hypnotic movements of her arms and hips. Nobody in this town could move like this - not like her. When the song ends, so does her dance, and the audience shows their applause and cheers before returning to their drinks and conversations.

Chrys takes notice of Sariska and the others and waves at them.

"Hey guys! Fancy seeing you here!"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:56 pm

"Chloe, you're our designated driver tonight, as usual," Sariska said. Chloe didn't really react They could hear the music playing even before they went into the club. "You hear me?"

"Yeah, I'm DD, got it. Now lets get inside already, come on!" Chloe grabbed Sariska's hand and pulled her into the club before they could delay any longer.

They were greeted with quite the sight. Sariska hadn't expected to see an empty dance floor with this kind of jam going on, but it seemed everyone's interests were more in watching...none other than the detective who helped them earlier that day. Sariska swung her upper body with the music while she watched Chrys dance.

"I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting to see you here, detective," Sariska said after Chrys came over. "Good to see you again. Oh, and this is my little sister, Chloe. Chloe, this is Chrys Wyrick, a detective....uh, Chloe?"

Chloe's mouth was half open and she had frozen to the spot, staring at Chrys. When she heard her name she closed her mouth and blinked several times. Her cheeks went red and she started figiting on the spot, as if suddenly embarrassed.

"Wow, I am totally not dressed for this," she said, suddenly very sheepish. She snatched Sariska's arm and pulled her aside. "Why didn't you tell me you knew a girl like that?" she hissed. "How do you even know her?"

"She helped us out getting Sicily out of the warzone," Sariska explained. "Why, what's up with you?"

"Have you looked at her?" Chloe spun around on the spot and smiled right at Chrys. "Uh, hi, I'm Chloe," she said, playing shy and twirling a finger in her hair. "I like your outfit. Where'd you get it?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:20 pm

{Sariska}

"You aren't dressed for this? Yo, this place was your idea, how are you not prepared, like what," Sicily narrowed her eyes at Chloe. "Whatever, I'm gonna hit up the bar. Aurora, let me buy you some drinks. I bet even you can come up with some good jokes when you're hammered." Aurora looked over at Sariska for a moment, before being dragged away by Sicily. Sariska and Chloe were now alone with the detective.

"Oh, this old thing?" Chrys spoke, pointing at her top. "Got it a week ago from the Aria Dawn catalogue. I know the designer personally, so I get to try out the outfits before they're actually released. Usually if they get a good reception, then I give her the thumbs up to produce them. Haven't gotten any complaints so far. Nice to meet you, Chloe, by the way. Your sister and I actually only met a little earlier today. You guys wanna get some drinks?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next