Heritage

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Heritage

Post by Gist on Tue May 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Daniel wiped the sweat off his brow as Ryang concluded their training for the day. "Thank you, Ryang." he said in response to her praise. Hopefully he was actually getting somewhere with this, though he had certainly never done anything like swing a sword at any point in his life. He didn't know that was what he would be doing when he was brought into Duple Corp, though with everything he remembered hearing in the meeting room, he couldn't be anymore nonplussed. Lionel had basically told Daniel that pigs could in fact fly, and he believed the president likely could make that happen.

Daniel cringed as Ryang said she would leave him alone with Cornelius, but it was likely going to be miles better than whatever Demetrius had in store. He responded to her small bow with one of his own as she exited the arena. Cornelius slid down to him with a grandiose introduction that Daniel kept a straight face through. He opened with the predictable introduction of seniority and all that jazz, then ordered Daniel to go pick up lunch. His jaw didn't quite drop, but his eyes widened. This fucking guy. Is he serious? What does he think I am, an intern? "As you wish." Daniel nodded and left through the door Ryang went through, and wound through the labyrinth that likely mimicked the rest of the basement floors. It was best to avoid conflict wherever he could help it; it would likely be to his benefit to be on as many peoples' good sides as he could manage, even if he really didn't like what would have to happen because of it.

He eventually made it to the elevator and called it down. He likely wouldn't have any cell reception this far below ground, so he would have to wait until he arrived at the ground floor before he could use his phone. The generic music was playing as the car opened, and he stepped in to select the ground floor. The ride went smoothly enough, with the elevator arriving at the floor he had came in through earlier this morning. Daniel nodded to the receptionist on his way out, pulling out his phone and putting it back in his pocket absentmindedly. The front door to the company building slid open and Daniel winced from the bright sunlight that basically blindsided him. At least the weather was somewhat decent today, contrasting his dark mood. He started his trek towards Rexford Crossing, hoping that it wouldn't take too terribly long before he arrived.
Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil on Wed May 24, 2017 7:59 pm

{Daniel}

Whether or not it was to Daniel's surprise, Caleb was not awaiting him outside the corporate building. Daniel was free to walk alone in the city without the vampire's supervision... as far as Daniel would know, anyway. Rexford was a great deal away from Duple Corp's main building, but Daniel would be able to make it on foot before sundown. The Inferno Burger restaurant was a small building, with its words in a typical red style with flames. The inside was like any other ordinary fast food restaurant, with the overall tidiness in passable condition. The cashier at the counter noticed Daniel walking in and kept an unenthusiastic look on his face. It was apparent the world of customer service had already taken its toll on him.

Music: Inferno Burger
Spoiler:

"Welcome to Inferno Burger, bro. What can I get you started with?"
---

{Sariska}

Sicily would only respond to Sariska with a "fair enough" before they got to the stage. Sariska and the rest of Starstruck would indeed play their hearts out, giving their all in their one chance. At the end of the song, they would receive their fair share of applause. Stagehands arrived to help the girls pack up their instruments, and Julia Skye made her way back to the stage.

"Thank you, Winddrift City!" she said into her speaker. "You've been a wonderful audience! Now if you would, please cast your votes so that we may decide this year's winner of our Battle of the Bands!"

The stagehands would direct Starstruck off the stage, while the crowd would take out their phones and begin making their choices. Julia gave them a few minutes before she would come to a decision.

"The votes are in! This year's winner is... 'Sirens of Vestavia!'"

The crowd roared once more as the entrants that came before Sariska arrived back onto the stage, where they were presented with an oversized check.

"Well shit" was the only thing Sicily could comment while Alicia sighed. "At least there's the afterparty. What say we mingle and get turnt ay-eff?"

"Does that entail more drinking?" Aurora asked.

"Hell yeah it does!"

"I'll pass."

"What about you, Alicia?"

"I think I'm gonna go home and scream into my pillow," Alicia answered.

"Nice. What about you, Star?"
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu May 25, 2017 6:32 pm

She looked out to the crowd, heard the applause, and suddenly it was all worth it. The sweat on her brow, the soreness in her throat. She forgot how good it felt to belt her heart out onstage. Sariska grinned and made her way off the stage. Right out of the gate she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. She glanced at it and saw a familiar number.

Staaaaaaar! Who said you were allowed to make a new band without me? >:'(

Sariska laughed.

Sorry Tams, it was almost a last minute decision!

You and I need to have a serious chat about this. Also who's the redhead? Is she single?

You want me to ask her?

NO DON'T JUST LET ME FANTASIZE, GOSH. (Nate says hi btw)

Sariska laughed again and finally put the phone away in time to see Alicia respond to Sicily's question, which the girl then turned on her. She was glad, since she hadn't heard what the question was. What was she going to do? She hadn't heard back from Chloe yet, so sticking around might be the best idea. Or maybe they should split up for now and rejoin later? Another buzz from her phone would give her the answer she needed.

"One moment guys, it's Chloe," Sariska said as she put the phone to her ear. "Hey sis."

"Star, you're gonna need to swing by Richard's. He's giving me the usual."

"Wouldn't be Dick's Smithy without Richard being a dick."

"Haha, hey, that was kind of funny!"

"Alright, you pickin' me up?"

"Waitin' for ya outside."

Sariska glanced to Sicily. "Sorry Sice," she said. "I've got to go strangle my family's blacksmith. He's just outside of town so I won't be long. Want us to come pick you up afterward?"
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Daniel took a look around the fast food joint, taking note of how average it was compared to the rest of what he had been through today. This definitely looked like a place that he would frequent if he weren't in the position he currently was. His recollection was interrupted by the one poor soul working the register asking to take his order. "Hi," Daniel started, walking towards the counter. "I need... a Double Lava Burger, no pickles, no onions, and extra hot sauce." He struggled to recall exactly how Cornelius wanted his sandwich, but hopefully remembered how he asked for it. "Oh! A large side of chili fries, too, please." He walked towards the counter, pulling out his wallet and waiting for the total. He probably wouldn't make it back to the office in a reasonable amount of time, but what did Cornelius expect? It's not like he could fly or walk through walls all of a sudden.
Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:54 pm

{Daniel}

-$9 subtracted from Daniel's inventory

"Your order comes to nine dollars even, bro," the clerk responded, processing the order and taking Daniel's money. "We'll have it right out for you." In roughly two minutes, another employee came in from the kitchen and set a paper bag on the counter with Daniel's order inside. "Here you go, man," the clerk droned. "Enjoy your meal. Can I get the next person in line?" When Daniel made it back to Duple Corp and the stadium where he left Cornelius, the incarnate of ice was found browsing through his own phone, laughing at whatever he was looking at. He looked up to see Daniel carrying in the paper bag and stood up.

"Alright, New Guy. Let's see how you did."
---

{Sariska}

"Your loss," Sicily said. "This afterparty's gonna be lit."

"You promised that we could go get ice cream," Aurora reminded her.

"Well... yeah. But like... afterparty."

"You promised."

"Ugh, way to twist my arm. Alright. Let's go get you some ice cream. I need to go shopping for new clothes anyway," Sicily groaned. She began walking with Aurora, turning her head back over to Sariska. "We're going to the Goldbrook Mall in Yisten. You have Aurora's number; let her know when you're done. We're gonna be taking the train, so we'll meet back at your place." Sicily waved and then she and Aurora disappeared into the exiting crowd. Alicia walked with a depressing hunch and headed over to her car, stowing her bass guitar and driving off.

Music: They Call Him Zeto
Spoiler:

"You weren't half bad back there."

Zeto leaned against one of the columns of the building, with Loki brushing against his leg. The cat perked up when Zeto called out to Sariska and prowled over to her, and looked up at Sariska expectantly while swishing his tail back and forth.

"Looks like he likes you," Zeto observed. Zeto didn't greet Sariska with a smile, but he didn't seem like the man who would smile often anyway. His permanent scowl wasn't hostile so much as it was his natural resting face. He was an enigma - this was only the second encounter he had with Sariska, and yet it seemed so purposeful, so deliberate, as if one of the scripts in Sariska's movies were being brought to life. He gazed at Sariska, and everything seemed to stand still. The wind whisked through, playfully brushing through his hair as he remained against the column. Zeto then glanced down at the cat.

"Either you have a treat on you, or he wants to hear an encore."
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Sariska giggled a little and waved her fingers as she watched Sicily and Aurora leave. It was only after that she heard a familiar voice speak up. She knew he was there, if there was anything Sariska learned from her grandfather it was to always be wary about what is behind you. She turned to face him, and gave Zeto a smile he did not reciprocate.

"Fancy running into you here," Sariska said, though she remembered Aurora saying she had run into him before. The cat was his, apparently, and now looked up at her almost expectantly. She bent down and scratched the little cat's ears. "Aren't you the most adorable little thing," she cooed. "My sister would love to meet you." She wasn't paying as much attention to Zeto now, but she started humming a little tune Chloe liked, and Chloe was practically half-cat anyway.

"I'm heading to my blacksmith," Sariska said, glancing up to Zeto. "He's just outside the town. Would you and your friend like to join me? I'd like having some company besides my little sister. She loves cats." She didn't know why she was asking. He was there, and having some company would be nice. Zeto didn't seem like a bad guy, and Sariska found herself agreeing with Sicily. He definitely placed high in her book of attractive men.
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Daniel wasn't kept waiting very long and before he knew it, Cornelius' gut-wrenching, chemically processed meal was in his hands. It took him a little while, but he did finally manage to make it all the way back underground and through the labyrinth that was the basement floors. Cornelius seemed like he didn't notice Daniel coming in, so the latter took a moment to catch his breath before going to the former. After a few seconds, Cornelius stood and asked to make sure Daniel got the order right.

Daniel offered Cornelius the bag of still slightly warm fast food. "A Double Lava Burger, no pickles, no onions, and extra hot sauce. A side order of chili fries as well." He tilted his head and narrowed his eyes, continuing, "Though I'm not entirely sure what purpose this served other than getting you lunch. I don't think I'm an intern."
Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil on Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:36 pm

{Daniel}

Cornelius fussed around with the bag, digging noisily into it like a child opening an overly wrapped Christmas present.  He glanced up at Daniel and at his skepticism before pulling out the burger.

"Why you tiltin' your head like that? Somethin' wrong with your neck?" he asked. He continued his inspection of the burger before peeling away the wrapper and taking a bite. There was a pause when he stopped chewing. Cornelius took another look at the burger.

"YA FUCKED UP, NEW GUY!" he yelled, throwing the burger into Daniel's face. Daniel's eyes could feel the sting of betrayal and intensely seasoned secret sauce - the fury of over seventeen herbs and spices. "I WANTED A BURGER WITH ONIONS, AND YOU GAVE ME ONE WITHOUT." A pause and a moment of dead silence would pass before Cornelius burst out into laughter.

"I'm just fuckin' with ya, New Guy. I actually wanted a burger without onions."

He leaned back onto the bleachers and waved Daniel off.

"Now go get me one."
---

{Sariska}

Loki purred at Sariska's touch and returned over to Zeto's side as soon as she stopped scratching his ears. "A blacksmith?" Zeto repeated, now curious. "Something tells me you aren't picking up a brand new pair of horse shoes, but I could be wrong." It was certainly hard to tell if this man were making an attempt at humor with the rugged tone of voice that he carried. He picked up Loki and gave Sariska a nod.

"Sure. I'll tag along."

Loki perched up and balanced himself onto Zeto's shoulder, as he casually walked with his hands in his pockets down the lot with Sariska. Zeto stopped abruptly and looked over his shoulder to see trouble in the form of unruly characters loitering about. It was the same group from the Jade Adder gang that Sariska had encountered before. They didn't look too happy seeing her again. One of them spat on the ground and made his way to Zeto and Sariska.

Music: Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Spoiler:

"Weeeeeeeeell... if it ain't the bitch from before!" he began. The thug grinned a near toothless grin, partially from when Freya knocked out several of them, and also partially due to poor dental hygiene. "And look who else is witcha? This yo girl, dawg? Y'know, me 'n' my boys were just mindin' our own business like the good folk that we are when this bitch up and disrespected us. If this is yo bitch, you oughtta learn to put a leash on her. She got the drop on my boys when they wasn't lookin' and fought real dirty like."

Zeto wasn't buying what they were selling, only putting on the cold stare anyone would wear when listening to an annoying telemarketer. Or any telemarketer for that matter.

"See now," the brute went on. "We's all reasonable people here. And we was thinkin' that we let bygones be bygones if you make the bitch apologize to this. I am askin' you outta respect of yo manhood and your ability to control yo bitch, and the fact that I know the bitch ain't gon' do it herself."

"You're in our way," Zeto responded, not caring for a single word that was coming out of the thug's mouth. "Stand aside. I won't tell you a second time."

The gang began snickering, and the lead thug would try to call his bluff.

"Now you wanna be disrespectful. I see, I see. Gotta look good in front of yo bitch, right? Well I can't let you get away with you tryna fuck with me. See now, I gotta teach you a lesson. In front of yo bitch."

"First swing's all yours."

The thug scoffed and threw the hardest punch he could, square across Zeto's face while Loki jumped out of the way before impact. Zeto's head turned, but he made no cry nor any indication of pain. The lead gangster would back up with caution when he could see that Zeto was still standing firmly in place.

"My turn."

With a single, swift swing, Zeto sent the other man flying past the gang and into a parked car, setting off the alarm. The gang looked at their cohort in shock and back over to Zeto, as Zeto walked over and picked up the thug by the collar.

"I know you," Zeto spoke. "You're Big Jackie's little brother, aren't you? Little Jackie."

"H-How you know my brother?!" the wounded thug stammered.

"Oh? Me and him go way back. I saved his life once."

"H-How?"

"I stopped hitting him," Zeto leaned in, dropping the man back onto the ground. The thug's hands began to tremble as he scrambled about to get back to his feet.

"Oh shit! Y-Youre..."

He wouldn't even finish his sentence before bolting off in the other direction, the gang following suit. Then, as if nothing had ever happened, Zeto picked up Loki and began walking with Sariska again.

"So tell me more about this blacksmith..."
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:15 pm

Horse shoes? Sariska tilted her head a little and ended up laughing a little. "No, I'm not going for horse shoes," she said, though it was probably obvious to him. She still wasn't sure about him tagging along, but she already offered, and Zeto already accepted. Taking a veritable stranger to her family's blacksmith might not be the best idea in the world, but Zeto seemed like the kind of guy who would enjoy it. Maybe smithing was a hobby of his? Who knows.

Sariska spotted Chloe sitting on the car, too busy with her phone to notice her and Zeto coming up, when a rather familiar group of thugs came up to visit and started mouthing off when they recognized her. Sariska paused for a moment, then tilted her head and smiled in a sort of innocent, oblivious way. The way Chloe always did whenever she knew she had done something wrong.

"Oh?" Sariska said. She didn't get much of a chance to fight though, since Zeto was already taking the lead here. He didn't seem at all bothered by what the dumb thugs were saying and Sariska never took insults personally. She watched Zeto get hit - not even budging, and smirked a little when he hit back and sent the poor guy flying.

While the gang's attention was on Zeto, Sariska snuck around behind them and picked wallets out of their pockets, fingers slipping in and out with ease as if she had done it a hundred times before. They didn't even see her until she was back where she was before, pulling money and cards out of the wallets she stole and throwing the useless shit on the ground.

She waved her prize in Zeto's direction. "Want to know more about Richard? Here's one for ya: he collects wallets. I used to steal them for favors." She looked down at her newly acquired stolen goods. "Still do, I suppose. Come on, that's Chloe over there."

Chloe looked up from her phone. She hadn't even bothered to look up even after the noise Zeto was making. "Oh," she said, looking at Zeto. "Uh, Star? Who's thi- OH!" Chloe saw the cat and immediately turned to pudding. "WHO IS THIS!?" She squealed a little and squat down, scratching the ground to invite the cat. "Is he yours? Can I pet him? Please?"

Sariska shrugged. "Zeto, this is my little sister, Chloe. Chloe, this is Zeto Autrey. A friend, of sorts."

"Nice to meetcha, Zeto, I'm her sister. Also part cat." Chloe curled her fingers and mewled. Sariska's pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head.
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Yesterday at 4:57 pm

Daniel was very nonplussed by the food Cornelius childishly threw back in his face. The sauce stung in his eyes as he wiped the remaining condiments that trailed behind. He quite literally had wasted the past hour of his life with this man. How could he have ever believed that there was anything worthwhile to be had? With Ryang there was a real sense of progress, but Cornelius was just using Daniel like a tool, and he wasn't okay with that.

"Oh, I'm fine..." Daniel started coldly, "but I'm not sure if you are." Daniel took a few steps closer to Cornelius as he nonchalantly waved Daniel off to go waste more time. He wasn't having it. "You see, I remember quite clearly what you wanted. I even took time out of my workday, even though it's not in my job description, to get you what you wanted. Out of my own pocket."

Daniel stopped dead center in front of Cornelius and leaned in to give him a good smell of what he had just done, the pungent "secret sauce" and onions Daniel knew Cornelius asked for still lingering where Daniel didn't have any napkins. "You just wasted both my time and my money. I was asked to serve at the pleasure of the president, not some half-baked nitwit that partied out of college. I am not your bitch, or anyone else's. Do I make myself clear? Did I miss anything?"
Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Yesterday at 6:29 pm

{Daniel}

Cornelius remained in his seat, still sitting firm and composed in the face of Daniel's sudden bravado. He put on a smirk and listened through Daniel's tirade. There was a period of silence after Daniel was done, with palpable tension building in the air. There wasn't really any telling what Cornelius was going to do at that moment. The silence was then broken as Cornelius made a slow clap.

"Well, well, well, so the new guy can get some bass in his voice," he said. "I like it. You pass. Just barely, though."

Cornelius circled around to Daniel's side.

"You look confused," he went on, his tone turning slightly serious. "Guess I'll give you the rundown then. If you haven't already figured it out, I ain't here to train you in all that nitty-gritty fancy combat nonsense. Nah, I'm here to teach you to grow a fuckin' spine and be a man. I've been watchin' you for awhile, New Guy, been tryin' to see what makes you tick. Gotta say, I wasn't impressed with what I've seen so far, but now I know you aren't a completely hopeless sack-a-shit at least.

"If I were to guess, you were an obsequious office pencil pusher - the kinda guy that always takes the path of the least resistance. Probably went through your entire life either just coasting or being your higher-up's personal lapdog. Probably a complete and utter autist when talking to chicks, too. Am I ballparking it? You probably complained about your station in life all the while doing nothing about it for fear or shattering the fragile microcosm that you've made for yourself, and now higher employment has dropped the fucking holy grail in your lap."

"Well I'm here to tell you that you won't be able to survive here for very long if you keep doing the shit you've been doing all your life. You're going to have to earn that fancy new nameplate. After all, if you told a guy to go out of his way to get you lunch and he does it willingly with little protest, would you respect a guy like that? The answer is a plain and simple 'fuck no.' When I told you to get a burger for me, you should've knocked me the fuck out or at the very least told me to fuck off. Then you woulda passed with flying colors. Did you think I was gonna pay you back later knowing you're a pushover? You wanna command respect and not be treated like dogshit here? Then you gotta learn not to take shit from anybody. You want something? Speak up and fucking say it. Being a man is surprisingly simple once you take that fear and hesitation out of the equation. So now you know what my training program is all about, New Guy. I'm here to beat an alpha-as-fuck mentality into you so that you don't back down when Ryang or anyone else tries to give your ass a beatdown."

"'Course, everything past this point is completely optional. You wanna keep being a submissive pussy and skip my training, then just say the word. I'll give Furman the green light and he'll probably grind you into hamburger meat or some shit or whatever he's got planned for his training plan. If you wanna stick around though - learn the ropes, I can guarantee you'll stand a solid chance by the time you have to meet with his wet dog smelling ass. If you do, I will want to see some commitment from you, just so you know. No quitsies. So whaddya say, New Guy? Ready to be the new you?"
---

{Sariska}

"You can pet him," Zeto told Chloe. "If he lets you." Loki merely stared at the strange woman making high-pitched sounds and sudden movements. The little black cat did not answer Chloe's beckon, and instead rubbed against Sariska's leg while purring. "I guess Loki's made his decision," Zeto shrugged. "Don't feel too bad. He isn't very social... to other cats. Anyway, your sister said she was meeting with a blacksmith and invited me to come along. I'm rather interested in seeing his handiwork, so I hope you don't mind the extra company."
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Yesterday at 7:28 pm

Chloe looked absolutely heartbroken. You could see it the instant Loki started purring on Sariska's leg. Her face sagged a little, her eyes went a little wide, and her mouth formed this cute little 'o' that signaled utter surprise. It lasted only a second, but it was there. Instead, now she was looking at Sariska and Zeto, switching between the two of them and the cat. Chloe grinned.

"Oh, I get it now," she said.

"What?" Sariska stared at her sister. What was Chloe on about now? Sariska couldn't tell, she wasn't as good a people person.

"Oh, nothing. So you wanna see our family blacksmith, eh Zeto?" Chloe smiled and gestured to the car. "Well, lets take a trip. Loki can join us if he likes, I don't mind."

"Richard lives just outside the city limits," Sariska said as she and Zeto got into the car. She sat in the back with him and would pet Loki if the cat decided to jump in her lap. "He's thirty-something now and can be a bit of a dick, so don't mind if he cusses you out or something. That's him being sociable."

"Don't forget the knives."

"Oh, and he'll probably throw a knife at us when we enter. Few people know how to say 'hello' so eloquently."

The little dingy car wouldn't stand up to the country roads outside the city, one would think. One would also think the car would do better on the bay side of the city. One wouldn't be too far off the mark, the car jumped with every pothole they - accidentally - hit. Thankfully, it wouldn't take too long before Richard's smithy came into view. It was an out-of-the-way sort of building, made mostly out of heavy stones. A thick cloud of smoke billowed in the air as the old-fashioned smithy worked.

Beside the smithy was a large pasture full of bright green grass and three horses - one brown,  one black-and-white-spotted, and one gray. Sariska pointed to each in turn.

"Those are Jesse, Iris, and Joey," she said. "Iris is a bit of a bitch and likes to bite, I wouldn't recommend going near her. The other two are pretty docile though. Hey Chloe, park over there and lets get inside."

"Sure thing, sis."

Chloe managed to get the car in a spot that wouldn't eat the car up and keep them from leaving, thankfully, and the three of them were able to step out. The smithy was quite small, despite its old-fashioned nature, and when they entered they could see why. Richard lived for cramped spaces. Every bit of the inside was put in such a way to only let one person through at a time.

"Richard lives alone," Sariska said. Not a moment later a knife whizzed by her ear and lodged itself in the doorpost. Sariska yanked the knife out without a second look at the doorpost - which was covered in deep marks where the knife had struck before. A few of them still had blood in them. "What's happenin', Dick?" Sariska threw the knife back.

Spoiler:

Richard Smith - Literally

Richard caught the knife and shoved it into a sheath at his side. He curled his lip up at her and crossed his arms. "You've got a lotta nerve showing up here again. I told you I was done fixing your shit."

"I'm calling in a favor you still owe me," Sariska said, tossing the stolen wallets on the ground at his feet. "Chloe must have explained it to you, yes? I'm trying to protect us against Ulysses. Again."

"Your granpappy issues ain't none of my business." Richard thrust his chin at Zeto. "Who's this fucker, anyway? Your new boyfriend? You know I don't sell my work."

"He's just a friend, Dick, chill out."

"I ain't got nothin' to do with him neither."

"Hey Star!" Chloe was holding up a short sword. "Looks like he already cleaned it up for you." She threw the blade over Richard's head to her sister, who then snatched it out of the air and gave it a quick flick of her wrist. It was about twenty-four inches long with a thin, two-sided blade and a straight handle. The handle was colored black, along with the scabbard it came with.

"Hey now, you can't have that back!"

"Hmm," Sariska lined up her arm, looking down the blade's edge. "Lookin' good, Richard. I haven't sent his thing sparkle so bright in years. Looks like you couldn't resist."

"Fuckin'... How'd you even get behind me?" Richard glared at Chloe, who merely giggled and wiggled her fingers at him. Defeated, he reached behind the furnace and picked up a pair of sheathed daggers by a leather strap. "Might as well give these back too, then. You owe me for this. Big time."

"Sure, sure," Sariska said, not really paying attention as Richard handed her the daggers back. She removed one and twirled it about in her hand, nodding as she felt the familiar weight in it. The sheathes for these were also black along with the slightly curved handles. The blades on the knives were much shorter, but also thicker than the sword. The blades were one-sided with the flat end hooking back - making for easy grab techniques. "You'll let Zeto look around too, won't you?"

Richard glared at her. "Fine, knock yourselves out. Don't go touchin' anything though, or this knife here'll end up in your back."

Sariska lifted her short sword to Zeto. "Know much about blades?" she asked with a smile.
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Today at 7:42 pm

Daniel's sudden surge of confidence dwindled quickly as an almost visible tension sprung forth between him and Cornelius. The stadium was quiet enough to make a pin dropping seem loud. When Cornelius stood up, Daniel didn't know what to expect... but certainly not applause. He was praised for standing up for himself, which was really odd. Daniel sported a confused look, unsure of what exactly was going on. Cornelius appeared to expect something like that and explained that Daniel wasn't exactly assertive enough to really make a dent in the new world he had just become apart of.

Daniel took a moment to think about that. Cornelius wasn't wrong - up to this point, he had habitually shown that he was fine with the way things were, even to the point where he made choices that kept the status quo in check that he may not have fully agreed with. He was so scared of change... but why? Change was good, supposedly. Change kept the flow of things interesting... supposedly. Cornelius gave him a completely new perspective to see things from, and though he would never admit it to the man himself, he was kind of okay with it.

Like Freya, Cornelius gave Daniel an out if he wanted it, but Daniel knew what he needed to do here - what he needed to say... at least, he thought. "No... I made my choice when I came here with Ryang." Daniel felt an unmistakable urge to stop everything he was doing and just accept the offer to quit. It tugged at his brain like an excited dog on a leash.
"You're right. I need to do more if I don't want to end up as a less than appetizing Demetrius-snack."

Daniel made a move for the bag that held a few napkins to get rid of the excess condiments that had stayed there. "I've made my choice, and I have no regrets. This is for my own good. I've come close to quitting before, but there's really no point to that. So," he finished, disposing of the dirty napkins back in the bag, "what's on the ticket, coach?"
Gist
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Today at 8:53 pm

{Daniel}

"Nigga is you serious?" Cornelius cringed in disgust at Daniel's weird choice of words. "Boy, I'm boutta to go off on ya. 'What's on the ticket, coach?' The fuck. You try to think of something cool to say and have a miniature seizure or some shit? You trying to schedule a halftime show at a ballgame - like what? The numbers just don't add up here, New Guy. A simple 'yes' would have sufficed, I swear to God. Alright, alright, we're already behind schedule so I'm gonna let that slide just this once. Holy shit. Anyway, I think a good starting point would be to teach you how to have a good time. Nobody likes wallflowers and if you know how to have a good time, people will wanna hang out with you. It's true, I'm a doctor. So let's say we go out and prank some losers, yeah? Nothing gets the party started like some wholesome pranks. Let's head to my car, young grasshopper, you have much to learn."

Cornelius guided Daniel out of the building and into the lot, where Cornelius had parked his red Lamborghini. "Like my ride, Pussyboy?" Cornelius asked. "Got this a month after I first signed up with this company. Handles like a fuckin' dream. Get in."

Music: Cornelius' Radio
Spoiler:

When Daniel was secure in the passenger side, Cornelius began driving off into the Qulver District and began to explain to Daniel what they were doing. "Alright, nothing gets the ol' motor running like a couple of drive-by insults. Oh look at that kid over there." Cornelius pointed to a lone boy walking on the sidewalk. "I'm gonna roll down the window, and I want you to tell him he's adopted. Go."
---

{Sariska}

Zeto remained quiet the entire trip while Loki fidgeted about. It was common for cats to not enjoy car rides. They arrived at a cabin of sorts, the smell of horses instantly hitting the nose as soon as the doors were open. Loki perched back onto Zeto's shoulder as the group moved in to meet with the blacksmith, and just as Sariska warned, a knife was thrown into their direction. Loki's fur stood on end, and Zeto scratched under the cat's chin to calm him. Zeto was amused at Richard's way of asking about him, making a short inhale as if he were at least close to laughing.

"I like this guy," Zeto stated simply. So you're Richard, huh? You been living here all your life or you relocate out here? And if you did relocate, would that be considered a 'Dick move?'"

The sisters were already giving Richard the business, and Zeto glanced around to see the man's collection. Sariska would then show her sword to Zeto and asked him if he knew about blades.

"What's there to know?" he asked back. "They're sharp, they're pointy, and they look good sticking out of the next guy that looks at you funny. If that's your indirect way of asking if I own any, however, then I'll let you know I have more than just the kind to shave myself with."
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top