Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heritage

3 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Heritage - Page 14 Empty Re: Heritage

Post by Zerifachias Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Sariska suddenly wished she had the power to turn back time. But she'd rather let this happen than have Aurora continue to suffer by Kaufman's hands. She went to put her hand on Aurora's shoulder. "Of course you can stay with me," she said. "Though we're probably going to be doing a lot of moving around in the next few days. I'll find a place to keep you safe, though. Count on it."

"There's always the old estate," Chloe suggested. "Granpappy is here in the city, and no one will buy it since it's in the middle of nowhere."

"It's a thousand miles from here," Sariska said. "We really don't have that kind of time. I can get a different spot. For now we should head home and wait out the night. Come on."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 pm

{Intermission Pt. 1/3}

Yisten District - Angel Clover

Music: Our Last Night On Earth
Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"You're late, Mia. Were you planning on standing me up all night?"

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"I got here when I could, sheesh. So what's the big deal with this place, anyway?"

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"I just thought you'd like a nice change of scenery from the Ivory Palace for once. Oh, this is Daven, by the way. Daven, this is Mia."

Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"So you're the one that's been stealing my customers."

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Say what now?"

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"That's his way of making a joke. Don't mind it too much."

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"I don't get it."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Can I get you anything to start off with?"

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Yeah. I'll have a ginger ale."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Seriously?"

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"What?"

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"You come to a bar and you order a ginger ale? You know it's not actually real ale, right?"

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"No shit it's not real ale. Thing is, I already work at a bar full-time so I'm kinda sick of looking at liquor all day. You probably serve the same shit we do give or take, in which case I may as well go back to the Ivory Palace if I want booze. Also, don't talk shit about ginger ale, it's fucking delicious and refreshing."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Alright, damn. Here's your ginger ale."

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"I have a feeling you kids are gonna get along just fine."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"You getting anything, Naya?"

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"I'll have what Chrys usually gets, just to mix things up a bit."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Your cousin sure likes the girliest drinks on the menu."

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"You'd be surprised. Back in college, her sorority threw the biggest party the campus had seen in over ten years, and that night she earned a shirt that says 'Keg Queen.'"

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Goddamn. My college experience was nothing like that."

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"Let me guess - eat, sleep, and study?"

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Yes, yes, and I'd be a fucking liar if I said I studied a single lick."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"My college life wasn't all that exciting either. I did have fun messing with my professors, though."

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Oh yeah? How so?

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Well, I took classes with my stepdad who was taking time off from the military at the time. So, you know how you can evaluate your professors and all that shit? You know, give them feedback?"

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Uh-huh."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Well, he, me, and some other friends of ours had this game of how much we could brown-nose our professors without actually being called out on it. Our bio teacher was one of those first-year-teaching professors, so we had a real blast with that one. At the end of our midterm, we take turns giving her compliments and shit and how much we 'love' the class and all that. I go up to her and tell her that her class was the best class I had ever taken and that every other class I had taken up until that point had paled in comparison. She buys it like a fucking brand new smartphone. Then it gets to my stepdad's turn, and he's got this huge grin on his face. We're all looking at him like, 'This is gonna be good, let's see what he's got.' So he goes up to her, right? I remember word for word what he said. He said, 'Stephanie-' get that, he straight up calls her by her first name. He says, 'Stephanie, your class has saved my life. I cannot thank you enough for what a wonderful educational experience you have brought into my life. In fact, your class has brought me and my step-son closer together. My step-son! I am actually in the military, so I don't get to see him very often, but because of your class - your class, we've never bonded more! Your class even saved my marriage! My wife was planning on leaving me until she saw how close I was getting with her son! She was so touched that we were able to work things out in the end."

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Pfft!"

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Right?! I'm just sitting there shaking my head thinking, 'Your marriage is fine, you asshole. Stop with this fucking shitshow.' Anyway, he goes on and on about how this fucking entry-level biology class turned his whole fucking life around and the rest of us are trying not to shit ourselves with laughter. She had her hand placed to her chest and looked like she was about to keel over at any minute."

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Okay, that was pretty good."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Anyway, we had a couple of professors that weren't into that kinda shit, though. Our sociology professor was this crotchety old dude, and he knew his way around the block. That whole semester must've been a fucking game to him, 'cause he turned the entire class against each other. We get to this one lesson where he talks about how humanity divides itself into cliques and that there are even cliques within the very classroom. This girl raises her hand and she's all, 'That's not true! We're just one class! We all study together, we've all gotten to know each other, so we're united.' The old dude's just like, 'Oh yeah? Well did you know at the end of every Friday class, those girls over there that just met this semester go shopping together? Were you ever invited to go with them?' The girl goes dead silent, but the old man's not finished. 'That group over there has study sessions by themselves and they all go get pizza together afterwards. Who in this class would have liked to join them for pizza?' Slowly, you see hands start to raise, and everyone's kind of in a panic. They're all looking at each other like, 'Is this true? Is this true?' And he just keeps going, validating every faction in the class until we're at each others' throats. Next class period when we meet up again, nobody's talking to each other and we're just shooting daggers with our eyes. Prof walks in and he just casually says, 'So how is everyone today?' In our heads we were just like, 'Shut up, old man, we hate you.'"

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Fuck, you got any more stories?'

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"A couple."

Heritage - Page 14 D1af66bec0"Well, I need to use the ladies' room. Why don't you tell me more when I get back?"

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Sure."

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"Aww, I think she likes you."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"What gives you that idea?"

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"The fact that you held her attention for every word. She didn't even try to end the conversation by pulling out her phone."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Is... that a good thing?"

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"It's the biggest compliment you can get from her. I'm impressed."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Eh, I don't think she'd be the kind to like a guy like me."

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"Trust me, you have a lot more in common than you know."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"...Did you set all this up just to play matchmaker?"

Heritage - Page 14 48c7f8e48f"Maybe. Maybe not. I'll certainly never tell..."

Heritage - Page 14 0815e7f3f8"Goddammit, Naya."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:14 pm

{Intermission Pt. 2/3}

Winddrift City - Hastel District

Music: Lawless Jungle
Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Glad you got my invitation."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Was your invitation where you sent your lapdogs to torch my car? Or was it the part where you had my apartment trashed?"

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Why, I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"I see you're going to be a piece of shit until the bitter end."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"You know, you look real cute when you're mad."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Then I must look like Winddrift's next top model, because I can't put together the words to accurately describe how I feel right now."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Then I'll get right to it then. Bring them out."

Heritage - Page 14 3463358261"Yes sir."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"What..."

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Sarge..."

Heritage - Page 14 19657e3f1e"Gabriela..."

Heritage - Page 14 7aa30124d0"Sergeant Kaylfri..."

Heritage - Page 14 C4c649b9cf"..."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Why do you have them tied up?"

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Heh."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"ANSWER ME GLASTONDALE, OR IT'S YOUR ASS."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"You aren't the one in position to be making threats, Gabriela. Do you remember what I told you that night? About how much I was going to make you suffer? Well... I'm about to make you suffer."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Let them go."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Hmm... no. That would defeat the purpose of me gathering them here. You see, Gabriela, I could have you killed at any time I wanted. Thing is... I wouldn't get my point across if I just had you offed without making you see the purpose. I want you to see just how powerless you really are. Killing you just won't do. Not when those that look up to you would only see you as a vengeful cause to rally behind. I can't have that. Instead, I am going to break your spirit. I will prove to you that you are nothing, and that you were always nothing. I said that whatever you could possibly throw at me, I would return a thousandfold. So for that one punch you gave me, I will return a thousand. Good thing I always keep my trusty brass knuckles handy."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"What do they have to do with this?"

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"I am so glad you asked. You see, one of them is going to take the beating. And you're going to watch. One of them will suffer for the sleight you made against me."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Like hell am I going to let that happen!"

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Oh, but you will. If you take a single step closer, there will be consequences. I've noticed the looks my men have been giving Detective Wyrick. Maybe I'll let them all have a turn with her."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"You..."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Only kidding, of course. No, if you even think about stopping me, I'll have my men gun them all down like the street trash of this district. I won't even hesitate. Don't worry, once I feel you've learned your lesson, you're all free to go. Just remember never to cross me again. So... how do I decide who is going to be punished? Hm? Isn't the anticipation just killing you?"

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Take me, you sick fuck."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"What's this? The fearless leader wants to make the noble sacrifice for her pathetic subordinates? How honorable! However, you haven't been paying attention to a word I said if you think I'll let you be a martyr for them. I know! You ever play 'Spin-The-Bottle?' A childish school game, I know, but it'll make things a lot easier. And whoever it lands on is going to get kisses from my fists. Ooh, I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Let's begin, shall we? Alright... here... we... go! Round and round the bottle goes, where it stops, nobody knows! And the lucky winner is..."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Bring him up."

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Sarge!"

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Man, oh man. It just wasn't your day, was it? Eric Lanfield... I hear you're quite popular with the ladies. I wonder if you'll still be after I'm through with you. Ready? Too bad!"

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Urk!"

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Well aren't you the trooper? Still able to keep yourself up straight after that? Don't worry, I've got nine hundred and ninety-nine more of these coming your way."

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Gahh... Erk... Ugh..."

Heritage - Page 14 19657e3f1e"STOP IT! PLEASE STOP!"

Heritage - Page 14 C4c649b9cf"Eric..."

Heritage - Page 14 7aa30124d0"I can't watch..."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"You paying attention, Gabriela?! This is what will happen to anyone that gets. In. My. Way."

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Sar... iska..."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Still got some fight left in ya? Have some more!"

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Star..."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Ain't so good-looking now, are ya, Lanfield?!"

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"You bastard... stop! You've made your point! Enough!"

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Ha ha ha... if only you could see yourself now, Gabriela. Poor, helpless Gabriela. Can't even save her own rookie from getting beaten to a bloody pulp. Oh look, now I've lost count of how many punches I've thrown. Maybe I'll have to start over."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"How did a snake like you ever become a cop?"

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Weren't you always the one that said that discipline was something that had to be beaten into you if you wanted to be the model soldier? I'm only practicing what you've preached."

Glastondale's revenge carried on for what seemed like forever. Officer Lanfield's colleagues were only a few feet away but could do nothing. By the end of the night, it was finally over.

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Nine hundred and ninety-eight... nine hundred and ninety-nine... and... ONE THOUSAND! How are you holding up, Lanfield? Still breathing?"

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"..."

Heritage - Page 14 1f137af6f3"Only barely, huh? I really gotta hand it to you. Well, I am nothing if not a man of my word. You all can go now. Oh and one more thing... I want you all to remember that this is my city. In my city, I am God. Don't any of you ever fuck with me again. You all enjoy the rest of your evening now. You too, Gabby."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Lanfield! Lanfield! Talk to me!"

Heritage - Page 14 19657e3f1e"Gabriela... what do we do?"

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"You all go home. I'm getting him to a hospital."

Heritage - Page 14 19657e3f1e"But Gabriela..."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Just go! Get out of here! Come on, Lanfield, stay with me."

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Sarge... I'm not gonna make it."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Don't fucking say that. You're going to be fine, alright? We're gonna get you patched up... and... and you'll be as good as new in no time! You hear me?!"

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Sarge... are you crying, Sarge?"

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"Goddammit Lanfield... Why did this have to happen?"

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Sarge, put me down. I'm done for."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"No. No! What did I say?! You're going to be fine!"

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"I'm sorry... But I gotta ask you to do one last thing for me, Sarge."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"STOP TALKING LIKE THAT! You do not have my permission to die! Do you hear me?! I am ordering you to stay alive, so stay the fuck alive, dammit!"

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"Over in Blue Avalon... my lady... Please tell her... Tell Sariska that I'm sorry. I ain't gonna be able to see her on Saturday... I always hated breakin' a promise to a lady..."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"I ordered you to stay alive, Lanfield, and by God if you die on me..."

Heritage - Page 14 3f9f69e854"I'm sorry to you too, Sarge... but I'm gonna hafta disobey you one last time. Goodbye, Sarge."

Heritage - Page 14 6cfb1c06f5"LANFIELD! LANFIELD!

...Eric. Eric, I'm the one that should be sorry. You were right there and I was a fucking coward. Eric, I am so sorry. He won't get away with this, Eric. I fucking promise you Glastondale is gonna pay..."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:32 am

{Intermission Pt. 3/3}

Qulver District - Athena Hotel Terrace (Duple Corp owned)

Music:
Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Hello again. We sure have a knack for running into each other on rooftops, don't we?"

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"We wouldn't be here if Halkius weren't gathering us for another meeting. What is he having us come in for this time?"

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Halkius wishes for us to meet someone that he will be supporting in the impromptu mayoral election. A decorated war veteran. General Ulysses Eternal."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"Eternal, you say?"

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Mhm?"

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"Never mind. I don't suppose you came out here for some fresh air too?"

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Partially, yes. I saw you out here and wanted to talk about something. Something that caught my eye the other day."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"Out with it then."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Well..."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"What's with that smirk?"

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"It's just that... the other day I was in the neighborhood... your neighborhood to be precise. I saw a sight that just warmed my heart."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"..."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"You were feeding a homeless man, and it was the most adorable thing I had ever seen."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"No I wasn't."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Oh my God, you're denying it, that makes it even more adorable."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"You shut your damn mouth."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"He was crying from your act of kindness, and I just melted. Who knew the infamous and hardened 'Vice Killer,' murderer of gangs had a softer side to him?"

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"You breathe a word of this to anyone, and I will choke you."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Oh, my dear Zeto, if you are going to threaten me, do not threaten me with a good time."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"You pick up ways of getting under peoples' skin from Cornelius?"

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Please, you insult me. I am a sophisticated woman of culture. The only culture Cornelius is familiar with is bacteria."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"Well if you're done trying to tease me, you can leave now."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Cast aside like common refuse by the cruel and vicious Vice Killer! I am hurt! Wounded! Oh, won't the powers that be take pity on my poor soul? I must weep! Weep for my fate at the hands of one Zeto Azrael Autrey! You dastardly villain! How could you? I was but a young and innocent damsel struck down in my prime by your careless abandon! Have you no compassion, Mr. Autrey? Does only the coldest blood flow through your veins?"

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"...Still got a few more in you, I see."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"It does amuse me so to see you worked up over nothing."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"If you're not going to leave, can we at least talk about something else?"

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Certainly. As long as I can keep talking to you, the subject is of little importance."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"You seem to be quite interested in my company as of late."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"That's because I often wonder about you. I am curious by nature - aren't all of us? When I get up on stage and look at all those millions of faces, I see a million stories unfolding at once. Everyone has dreams and aspirations... everyone has their own little take on what life has to offer. Your story intrigues me, and after seeing what you did yesterday, I truly wish to know the real you."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"There's not much to me, trust me."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"I beg to differ. Your face always tells a bigger story than your words do. I've noticed this for a long time. If you don't mind me asking, what does love mean to you?"

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"It's an overrated, fleeting emotion  that's often exploited by others for personal gain and to sell shitty greeting cards. Other than that, it's nothing but a word. What do you know about love anyway?"

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"My own personal definition isn't as... brutal as that, though it is a tragic thing. For me, love is about being vulnerable and the ends you must sacrifice for it. You willingly expose your weaknesses to others and trust that in return you will be reciprocated with acceptance - an implausible and lopsided bargain. You give away pieces of yourself day by day hoping for a return, and you can do naught but wait helplessly in the meantime. You do this - expose yourself, because your heart wills it so. When my fans see me, I know that it is my voice and stage personality that they have come to adore, not the woman behind it all. They take those little pieces of me, take my music, and my image, and they tack it on their social media and their everyday conversations as if I were just a commodity. But it's okay. Because the person behind the personality is a woman who truly loves each and every one of them despite it all. The kind of woman that wishes to see their hopes and dreams come true. And if it would make them happy, the kind of woman who is willing to sacrifice who she is every night up on that stage just to see the spark in their eyes. Because that's the kind of woman I am, the real me. As for you, Zeto, I know that those that appear to deserve love the least are always the ones that need it the most."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"Quite a speech. Though if you really want to get to know me more intimately, there are ways of achieving that."

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Zeto, you really need to find better ways of asking for what you want."

Heritage - Page 14 4f4ae54c5b"Care to show me how then?"

Heritage - Page 14 Cf6cbf849f"Give me just tonight, and I'll teach you how to beg."

At least, that's how Sixela thought the last bits of that exchange were going to turn out.

Music:
Spoiler:

In truth, after she criticized him on his method of asking, she was met with an intense look in his eyes and a very brief second of silence. Sixela found out that it was hard to deliver a clever remark when she was slammed up against the wall, lips engaged. Although Zeto was ready and willing to take her at the top of the hotel, they couldn't take the chance of being out in the open - especially if Sixela were the woman of class she claimed to be. She broke away from having their chests pressed against each other momentarily; taking his hand and leading him down the flights of stairs back to her room - the tension pierced through their inhibitions like a needle and they nearly fumbled as they crashed through the door. After the door was shut, she drove herself onto the bed with her arms wrapped around him, with Zeto hastily tossing his clothes to the side.

If she had her complete wits about her, Sixela would have enjoyed playing the little game she intended with Zeto. To deny him inch by inch. To make him work for it. How she wished she could burn the desire into him until he begged for it. He was in control, however, and she had no problem with that either, as she was just finding out. Whimpers and gasps wrung out of her as his tongue traced the side of her neck, paving the way for his bite to follow. He peeled her dress with such force that the straps snapped. She certainly wasn't going to be wearing that again anytime soon. The breath was almost completely taken out of her as he began to make his own way into her.

Her skin becoming laden with sweat. His hot breaths brushing against her with every demanding thrust. Her nails found their way into his back, dragging downward as she bit her own lip. Her hair fanned out across the linen sheets in all its glory, with her body bare for the taking like a lying goddess. He peppered her with kisses along her neck, as if it were a testament to the so-called gentler side that she had seen of him. Her hands ran through his hair as his mouth wandered and explored the curves of her body before he made his way back up and lifted his head up to meet her eyes.

He stopped.

There was only the sound of their breathing until she broke it by calling his name.

"Zeto?"

His eyes narrowed and he flipped her over. Before she knew it, he was taking her from behind like a wild beast with her hair being pulled and used as her own reins, head tilted upwards. Her moans hit notes that only a singer's voice could, and they were accompanied by his hungering grunts. At last, they finished in unison. They both collapsed to the bed panting and spent, falling asleep until the morning came. Zeto awoke to Sixela up before him, sitting upright next to him and playfully combing out her bedhead with her fingers.

Spoiler:

It took a bit for Zeto to process what happened the other night. "Why... why did you let me do that to you?" Sixela paused. As if she would simply let just anyone do "that" to her.

"Because of what I talked about before we actually did it," she responded, her fingers resuming through her hair. "About love."

"I think you're getting love mixed up with something else entirely."

"To you it may seem that way. But this was the only way I could know for sure."

"Know what?"

"To know if I was right about love being about allowing yourself to be vulnerable and helpless. The truth is that I do have feelings for you, Zeto. And I have harbored them for some time. Unfortunately, I get the intuition that you do not feel the same way. If I were to act according to that assumption, then the logical thing to do would be to abandon these feelings I have for you. However... I've come to the conclusion that love isn't conditional, and that we will forever be slaves to the whims of our hearts. I know I shouldn't have feelings for you if you do not feel the same, but my heart remains naive and wanting to an otherwise rational mind. The fact remains that I do love you, whether you or I wish it or not. I love you, and I can say it again and again with absolute certainty every time. I cannot understand the pain and desires you hold in your heart, but I do for mine. I've learned that the woman who was willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of her fans was nothing that she said she was. She is a liar. She is selfish. She is everything I stand against and yet, she is me. Oh, how she would turn her back on it all just for that selfish desire. How she would burn everything to the ground for a dream that will never become a reality."

"I honestly have no idea what you want me to say here."

"I won't ask anything of you, Zeto. I just wanted to be sure."

"For what it's worth, you aren't by any stretch of the imagination a terrible person. You're just coming to terms with the fact that you're like everyone else."

"It's a strange feeling."

"Don't dwell on it too much. In the meantime, I'm going to make some coffee."

Zeto put on his pants and left the room to the lounge. Cornelius was the only other person up this early, casually bouncing a tennis ball against the wall and catching it. He raised an eyebrow when Zeto walked in and started making coffee.

"Yo, uhh... Z-man. Didn't know you were actually showing up to the meeting this time."

"If I wrote down all the things you didn't know, I'd have a book. You wouldn't have much use for it though, because it wouldn't have any pictures."

"Yo, what the fuck man? I'm just makin' conversation and you tear into me like that? Cold-blooded, bruh. You takin' lessons from Sparkles or somethin'? Also, the fuck happen to your back? You get attacked by a tiger or what?"

"Something like that."

"Did the tiger also steal your shirt?"

"Yeah, so stop asking questions."

"Aight. Aight. You do your thing, I guess. I'll just be over here, doin' mine."

Cornelius went back to bouncing his ball while the pitcher of coffee filled up. When it was ready, Zeto poured a mug and sat down on the lounge sofa. Sixela would then make her way in, wearing Zeto's shirt.

"Good morning, all," she greeted.

A grin widened over Cornelius' face. "Hey Z-man, I think I found the tiger that stole your shirt."

"Shut the fuck up, Cornelius."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:33 pm

Heritage - Page 14 F6ad374358

Music:
Spoiler:

Today was the day Eric and Sariska had planned on going out. But as she would soon find out, Eric would not be meeting her on this day. Instead, Sariska had a different visitor at her door. Upon the morning light, five knocks were heard outside. When Sariska would come to greet her guest, she would see former police sergeant Gabriela Kaylfri with no words to say but a message all the same. Her demeanor was drastically different from the last time Sariska saw her. She wasn't in uniform, but dressed in a casual black tank top and her hair in absolute disarray. She looked the picture of a woman with no more tears to spend - her eyes bearing the burden of a crushed soul.

She didn't speak a word and instead brought forth her arm. In her hand was Eric Lanfield's badge covered in his own blood.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:15 pm

Sariska grabbed the pull-up bar and lifted herself up. After a few reps she started to feel a little warmer. It was unnaturally cold this morning. The others were still asleep, she thought, until she heard Chloe walking around in her room. Sariska paused mid-pull and listened. Was she pacing? Chloe had been feeling anxious ever since Chrys stopped responding to her. The obvious answer was Chrys wasn't interested anymore. At least that was how Sariska saw it. She'd never say anything, though.

She dropped from the bar when she heard a knock on the door. Chloe peeked out of her room, still afflicted by bedhead and lazy eyelids. She saw Sariska and grunted before closing her door. Star went to the door and opened it. A stranger at the door.

"Can I help-?" Sariska stopped when the woman took out a badge and showed it to her. Eric's badge, she recognized it right away. Caked in blood. Who's blood? His blood? That couldn't be right. Sariska glanced up and narrowed her eyes at the woman at her door. Was this Gabriela? She heard something about the sergeant being dismissed before but never met her.

"Star?" Chloe came out of her room again, this time with a comb stuck in her hair. She stopped when she saw Gabriela and the badge. The comb dropped to the floor. "Oh my god."

Sariska took the badge and held it tight. "Whoever did this," she paused, her mouth thinned. She glanced bak to Chloe, who was already crying.

They both spoke at the same time. "Glastondale."

"I'm gonna kill him," Sariska promised, looking back to Gabby.

"Does he have Chrys?" Chloe asked, stepping forward. "Does he have her too? Tell us."

"Please," Sariska added.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:40 pm

Gabriela shook her head. "She's fine," she said, the booming proud authority lost from her voice. "This... this was meant to be my punishment." Sicily rubbed her eyes on the couch next to Aurora and glanced at the door.

"Hey Star," Sicily yawned. "Close the door wouldja? You're lettin' the cold air in- oh, what's going on?" Aurora saw the blood-covered badge and motioned for Sicily to be quiet. Gabriela could hardly look Sariska in the eye.

"I punched him. Punched that bastard square in the jaw," the former sergeant went on, her voice beginning to crack. "Glastondale wanted me to pay for it - and I was ready to. But he wanted to make his statement. He picked Eric among the remaining officers that didn't swear their loyalty to him, and he beat him... over and over. The sick... fuck made me watch. Eric was only a few feet away from me and I couldn't do shit! If I had made a move, he would've gunned them all down. I failed them... I failed all of them. Even in his dying breath, he thought of you."

Aurora then made her way to Gabriela. "You should come in," she offered. "We've all had a rough night."

Gabriela took a seat at the dining table and buried her face into her hands. "Eric always was one of the good ones, you know. Brash and reckless, but his heart was always in the right place. Always made it a personal challenge just to get a smile out of me. A few days ago, he was telling me a story of how he responded to a call at the local barbecue pit. Said he met his dad there, and told me how his dad was trying to get him to work with him in the restaurant while Eric was trying to do his duty as an officer. When he came back to the station, he told me that his dad was probably gonna start up trouble just so he'd visit more. Actually made me laugh, that crazy son of a bitch. His first year in the force, he even dealt with an armed man better than I would have ever thought to. Guy comes in with a gun at a bank, screaming his head off. We had a clear shot on him, but Eric... he insisted on talking to him. And he did. He listened to the man, and talked him out of it. The guy wasn't a criminal, he was just a man who lost everything. Eric talked to him until the robber was crying and they actually hugged it out. That day I remembered just how human we really were. You were his girlfriend, right? You were lucky to have him."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Sariska stared at the badge in her hands and let Gabriela be invited in. She was talking some nonsense about being at fault. Once Gabby was seated, Sariska managed to tear away from the badge and listen.

"That sounds just like him," Star said. Her eyes stung but she didn't cry. She never did. Chloe was always the one crying. Maybe so she didn't have to. She took a deep breath and tried not to shake too badly. This was all still so much to take in. She failed to protect Aurora. Now she failed to protect Eric. Not to mention the total failure of pacifying her grandfather.

She composed herself. "Alright. I need to tell Freya there's been a change of plans. Glastondale comes first."

"Police chief," Chloe murmured. She wiped her eyes and shook her head. "He's the police chief," she started again, more clearly this time. "Duple Corp is probably paying for new weapons and body armors."

"You don't have to play devil's advocate today, Chloe." Chloe hesitated, but nodded. Sariska frowned a bit. "What are you going to do?" she asked.

"You're asking me to break my vows?" Chloe shook her head. "Eric is dead. The cops are out of control. Duple Corp is causing the riots in Hastel. And our friends are in danger. Pacifism isn't going to help anyone. Not anymore."

Sariska turned to Gabriela then. "And you? You were a cop, but you aren't right now. Will you lower yourself to being a vigilante? There's going to be a lot of lawbreaking."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:18 pm

The former sergeant rose picked herself up from the seat and met Sariska directly in the eyes. "When I was an officer, I was sworn to uphold the law," she explained bluntly. "But now that Glastondale owns it like it's something that can be bought, I'll be damned if I sit around and let him shit all over what the uniform stands for. I already made a promise to Eric myself that I'd make that cocksucker pay. Look, you meant the world to him, and I'm sure the last thing he would have wanted was to see yourself following after him into the grave. So I'm going to tell you just this once for his sake to stand aside and let me take care of this, and I'm not just saying that to be cute. I can tell from the look in your eyes that you're probably going to do the opposite of that, but I thought I'd make the suggestion anyway - for him. That being said, I ain't your keeper and I definitely ain't gonna be your reaper, so I'm going to be doing this my way. My advice to you is to take some time to collect yourself and cool off before deciding on anything drastic. As you were."

Gabriela left the apartment, closing the door behind her. Sicily leaned her head back in the couch and stared up at the ceiling.

"I honestly have no idea what's going on right now, but I'm just gonna guess we're in for nothing but wave after wave of bullshit."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:27 pm

"The city's gone to shit, that's what's going on," Sariska said. She put both hands on top of her head and sighed. "I need a drink."

"It's like 6 in the morning," Chloe checked her watch. "6:45."

"I need a drink." Sariska repeated. She put Eric's badge on the table and stared at it. They were supposed to go out tonight. She'd have spent half the day wondering what to wear. Actually being a girl, for once, instead of the crazy vigilante. She didn't know what he had planned, but that made it better. She couldn't imagine what kind of night he had planned. A dinner, most likely. A walk through the park would have been nice.

"I need a moment." Sariska grabbed her jacket and went to the door. "Do me a favor, Chloe, and send a message to Freya."

"Sure thing, Star." Chloe watched Sariska leave before pulling out her phone. Once the message to Freya was done and sent, she went and sat down on the couch next to Sicily. She put her chin in her hands. "She's not going to be coming back for a while. We should leave her be, I think."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Freya didn't take too kindly when she received the message that Glastondale had become Sariska's top priority, and she only responded to Chloe with a "We need to talk when you all get the chance." After Sariska made her exit, Sicily's stomach began to rumble as she groaned from her lazy spot on the couch.

"Aurora, would you-"

"I'll go ahead and make breakfast," Aurora said.

"Thaaaaaaaanks, you're a doll."

Aurora gathered flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, and to prepare batter for waffles - cheap, store-bought pre-made mix wouldn't cut it for Sariska's loyal intern. After mixing together the batter, she poured it into the waffle iron until breakfast was ready. For the finishing touches, she topped the waffles with blueberries, maple syrup, and butter. and set the dishes around the table.

"I'll save a plate for Miss Star... she must be hurting so much inside right now. You should eat too, Chloe. If you must grieve, at least let it not be on an empty stomach."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 pm

Chloe glanced at the food Aurora prepared for them. The plate set aside for Star made her stomach churn. "Sorry Aurora," Chloe said. "I'm not feeling hungry." She checked out of the kitchen and went into her own room. Twelve years of pacifism didn't mean she didn't keep any of her old weapons. This was hardly the time to be bringing it out, but Chloe didn't know what else to do. She grabbed the chest under her bed and pulled it out.

She kept the weapons hidden under a cache of old clothes she had meant to donate. Only one weapon remained from her stock, though. A pair of claws. Steel-tipped finger bones attached to black leather gloves. She quickly put them back and shoved the chest under her bed again. Her hands were shaking. Keeping the weapon was one thing. Breaking the twelve-year habit was a whole different beast.

Sariska, in the meanwhile, eventually found herself in the park. She wasn't wearing sweats today. The cold sapped at her legs. Star let it, and walked down the path to an old bench. No one else was here in the park, she thought. She couldn't see anyone, anyway. She sat and hugged her legs. She waited for nothing but time.

She hardly noticed the old woman until she heard the huff and puff of old bones coming to a stop nearby. A little old lady with full white hair and graying eyes stood hunched over. She was a fat one, all bundled up in scarves and sweaters.

"Oh my," the old woman said. "Aren't you cold?" She didn't have the kind of 'old lady' voice Sariska had come to expect from people her age. Her voice was strong and whole.

"I like the cold," Sariska said. The old woman scoffed.

"I hate it." Who was this woman? "The cold eats at my nose and ears and makes my joints ache. The mind sometimes forgets the body isn't quite as strong anymore." Without bothering to ask, she went and sat down on the bench. The wood groaned under her weight, but she let out a pleasant sigh. "On mornings like these, I like to walk right to this bench and watch the young folk run around on their strong legs. Only a few ever bother to continue this madness in the wintertime."

Sariska frowned a little. A feeling nagged at her, like she was supposed to remember this old woman. "You've watched me run before," she said, putting two and two together. The old woman nodded once. "Sorry," she added.

The old woman harrumphed. "If there's anything you should be sorry for, it's for not offering an old woman your jacket."

These types were always the worst. But at the same time, Sariska felt like the old lady was just messing with her. So she took off her jacket, embracing the cold with her whole body, and wrapped it around the senior's shoulders. The woman nodded, seemingly satisfied.

"Good. Now go run your three laps before you catch a cold."

Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:25 pm

"Don't mind if I do," Sicily said, swiping the plate that Chloe had denied. As per usual, her table manners didn't stop her from making conversation with her mouth half-full. "Man, everyone's been on edge this morning. I mean, I get that we're still cooling off from the whole fiasco that happened last night, but Star and Chloe seem more down in the shitters than you are. I can't even get a straight answer as to what the fuck is going on."

"Someone very close to Miss Star was killed last night," Aurora told her. "Now Miss Star is out for blood."

"Alright, that makes a whole hell of a lot more sense. Someone could've just said that in the first place."

Aurora's deep red eyes shifted over to the window and watched the outside.

"It's going to snow soon."

Sicily set her fork down and made an annoyed look.

"Can everyone like, stop being so fucking cryptic for ten minutes while I enjoy these bomb-ass waffles?"

Sariska and the old woman weren't the only ones in the park. Standing aside from the paved trail was a familiar face. Alonzo Lanfield, owner of Alonzo's Barbecue Pit. He stood and peered off into Xacshire's small lake. Cigarette in mouth, and a long black duster over his body - he wasn't as chipper and vibrant as he was the night Sariska and Chloe had met him... it was anyone's guess as to why that was. He didn't notice Sariska on her usual run, and just remained in place, letting the cold morning air breeze through his hair. He shielded his mouth to keep his cigarette from being put out by the wind, but let out a few coughs. Just looking at him was a heart-wrenching sight.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 pm

No matter how hard her feet hit the path or how long she kept it up, Sariska couldn't break a sweat. She grit her teeth and picked up her pace. She ran faster. Harder, until she had to stop because she was already over her lap limit for the day. Still no sweat.

"Think I'm starting to hate the cold now," she muttered under her breath. She settled for walking, and found someone she hadn't seen before. She was too focused on the path. But this wasn't going to make anything better for her.

Should she approach? What could she say? There was nothing she could do for him. He had come here to grieve, as she had. She thought for a moment. She wouldn't want anyone encroaching on her day of grieving.

"Mr. Lanfield," Sariska wasn't sure why she spoke up. She stayed a good distance away. Neither of them were there for Eric when he needed them most. She tightened her lips and stared straight ahead at him. No more words came from her.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:33 pm

He slowly turned his head over his shoulder and saw Sariska. "If ain't the li'l spitfire," his voice called out to her, letting out a single, doleful laugh.

"Nice day for a walk, ain't it? Always did like cool, brisk air. Reminds me of the olden days rangin' out in the plains. Bein' in the cold... it builds spirit, so they say. Ain't much of a talker, are ya? That's okay. I'll talk, and you can listen if ya like."

Alonzo put out the cigarette under his boot. Sariska wasn't saying anything, but he just went on rambling anyway.

"Little sad thinkin' about the past though, ain't it? Some days we just sit around rememberin' all the time we were wishin' we could get back, and then we end up losin' more of it. Hell... I'm guilty of it too myself, sometimes. I don't quite fancy the feelin'... but it's there. We can drink and we can drink... or we do whatever it is that we do just so we can forget... but it's still there. Y'know what I'm gettin' at? Sometimes the best thing to do is just to keep on keepin' on."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:47 am

She thought he'd be mad. Not at her, but just in general. Mad at the police. At Gabby or Glastondale or to Eric himself. She wiped her eyes, though she didn't have any tears to make them wet. It stung. She listened and nodded, finding herself agreeing. She had to make sure everything she had to do was done. To move on, to find peace, and to make sure this Glastondale died in agony.

She didn't say a word to him. He would understand. Most people did. There was nothing to be said. When she finally found her way back to the bench, her jacket was sitting on it. It was folded neatly in a small pile with a little card placed on top. She picked the card up and turned it over.

Sariska scowled. She grabbed her phone and dialed Freya's number.

"We need to talk," she said as soon as it picked up. "Meet me at Xacshire."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Sariska would hear Alonzo's voice bid one last farewell as she walked away.

"Don't be a stranger," was all he said.

Freya had a few words she wanted to say to Sariska but decided to hold her tongue. "Okay, see you in five," she affirmed. While Sariska waited for Freya to arrive, she could see a striped cat sprawled lazily onto the statue of Xacshire Park, making a big yawn as it turned itself over. It didn't seem to mind the cold all that much either. Soon, Freya's motorcycle was heard zooming into the park, scaring a flock of fat pigeons  that could only flutter a few inches off the ground to get away. She arrived and stopped her bike, taking off her helmet as she made her way towards the bench.

She didn't sit next to Sariska, but preferred to stand roughly three arms lengths away.

"You look like you have a lot you want to fill me in on."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:56 am

Sariska glanced up as the sound of a motorcycle caught her attention. It had to be Freya. She stood up to welcome her but only crossed her arms when Freya got off her bike. Yeah, she had a few things to say. Where to begin though?

"A very close friend of mine died last night," Sariska said. She was still coming to terms with it herself, so her voice shook a little. She tightened her lips. "Killed by Glastondale. My priorities have changed, and I think it would be in your best interest to deal with the cops before dealing with Duple Corp. Otherwise we'd be fighting both of them at once. I still want to help you, but right now that just isn't possible."

"I understand if you disagree," Sariska continued. "If you want to take on Duple Corp first, then by all means I will not stop you. But I also will not help you. In order for me to move on, there's someone else I have to kill first."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:14 am

"I knew it," Freya sighed. "When your sister texted me earlier, I knew it would be coming down to this." She leaned back against her motorcycle. "Look, I can tell there's some tension growing between us ever since yesterday. You're already fully aware that I've also lost those that were dear to me when this all began - but I didn't come here to enter a 'who's-the-bigger-victim competition.' I won't get into why you want to fight the police or how much your friend meant to you... however, I don't want us to be at odds with each other throughout this whole war. Our fight is with them, not each other."

She gulped as if she were about to make a decision she would regret. "So as a show of good faith... I will help you with this. But I need you to understand a few things. If we want this to work then you're going to have to meet me halfway and settle on a compromise. I need you to understand that by picking a fight with the Winddrift police we lose our first strike against Duple Corp. I also get that attacking Duple Corp first will be placing us on two different fronts. Duple Corp is the more powerful opponent, and if we could maximize the damage to them we could make the cleanup so much easier. Giving them the wake up call to bolster their defenses is the last thing we need. But you have a personal score to settle. I get that. I also need you to understand that by going on this detour, I am expending time and resources I had originally allocated towards fighting Duple. This sets me back significantly, especially since I will no longer have the element of surprise against them. In spite of all this, I will still help you. I will act under your lead for this matter until your personal grudge is resolved. After that though, I will expect your undivided commitment and attention towards the cause. No more getting sidetracked, no going rogue. If you can agree to that, then you have my help. Otherwise, it may be best to just quit while we're ahead and part ways. So what's it going to be?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:51 am

Sariska thought for a moment. Freya was willing to help, but she'd be giving up her freedom of choice by doing so. That was a problem. She always operated on her own rules and adapted as the situation developed. It worked for her, usually. But if last night was any indicator of what was to happen next, it would be best to approach this in a more tactical standpoint.

"I don't believe we need to risk that much," Sariska said. "Duple Corp doesn't know who I am, at least not yet. My grandfather may have already told them about me and my ideals, but they won't trust him. Not immediately. We may be able to handle this in a way where we can take out Glastondale without alarming Duple Corp to our real plans.

"Since they know who you are, we can't afford to show anyone your involvement in this just yet. Duple Corp will still be on guard for the both of us, but they will not know we are working together. They won't be prepared as well for that. In order to reduce the risk of us being seen together, we should limit our communication with each other. My sister can help with that."

There was still the issue of forming a plan of action. At the moment, she had something brewing in the back of her mind, but she needed to know more about the police force and their current infrastructure. Glastondale was in charge, but he had to have lieutenants she could bully information out of. That was likely her first target. Find someone halfway important to get to the man she had to kill.

"I promise there will be no more detours after this. We'll go straight for the head of the snake after lopping off its tail."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:10 pm

"So it's settled then," Freya agreed. "I can always have Marko or Japhet relay messages for me if it comes to that. Unfortunately, I don't have any contacts that can provide us with any insider information on the police, so unless you do, we're going in blind. Chances are though, that the police may already be on your trail. Last night, a college professor was murdered in his own home, and a picture of his dead body was uploaded to Exanet. That was you, wasn't it? I'm making that assumption because around the same time, some indecent pictures of your friend were also uploaded. Police already issued a warrant for her arrest since she's a prime suspect. If you're harboring her, there's no doubt that you'll be punished as well."

"I can piece two and two together and see why you had to kill him, but you didn't need to take the extra step and make a spectacle out of it. West Winddrift Institute even made a statement that your friend is expelled and disavowed from their academic records to sever all ties with her. It's all over Exanet, but people seem to be too busy jerking it to her photos to be outraged. This town never ceases to lower the bar, and the way things are going, Winddrift may just end up being another Paragon City."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Sariska grimaced. "I know I made mistakes. I don't usually have a problem with anger. It was out of character for me. But I know what I need to do to protect her. And I know I can. The police will never find her, as long as my sister and I are taking care of her."

She rolled her shoulders and stuffed her hands in her pocket. It was about time they parted ways. There were a few options she had left. She could try to find Gabriela or Chrys. Either of them could help her and, despite Gabby's insistence on the matter, she would need help to get to Glastondale. The only way either of them could do it was by sharing information.

"I need to get going," Sariska said. "I'll be in touch. Until then, lets keep our contact to a minimum."

Back at the apartment, Chloe came out of her room holding a pair of scissors. She knew the police were looking for Aurora. Without a proper way to hide her, they had to make some tough decisions. She wriggled her nose and found the girl quickly.

"Aurora," Chloe said softly. "I hate to do this to you, but we should cut and dye your hair. As it is now, you'll stick out like a sore thumb. I can make it look good, if you trust me."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:57 am

Freya nodded and rode off into the city when they said their goodbyes. At the apartment, Aurora clenched the back of her hair in shock when Chloe popped back in the room with scissors. Realizing what had to be done, she nodded and pulled up a chair to the middle of the room. "I trust you, Chloe," she assured. Aurora would have sounded more convincing if her hands didn't cling to her locks. Sicily walked over to her and pried her hands open, though with difficulty.

"I know, I know, you got great hair," Sicily said. "But getting a haircut is a lot better than getting busted by the five-o. I can't even imagine what girl jail is like. You'd probably get traded for a pack of cigarettes."

Aurora gasped.

"I-Is that all I'm worth?"

"In girl jail, probably. Which is why you'll find it much preferable to live life on the outside. You feel?"

Aurora held herself and closed her eyes, waiting for Chloe to get it over with.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14