Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heritage

3 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Heritage - Page 3 Empty Re: Heritage

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:49 pm

"Uh, okay." Sariska braced herself when Mishka got out of the car. He was even bigger standing up than he was sitting. What in the world does a Beastfolke do in this city anyway? Clearly this man has a job - perhaps several - but holy shit he's gigantic! Not to mention the absurd strength, Sariska thought as the beast threw a convertible into the air. It made a huge splash that Sariska worried might get on her dress, even with the doors closed.

She was quick to hand back the hat. "I, uh, my sister would love you, that's for certain."

Lunaveil Studios didn't seem so bad after all. Sariska knew the rumors about the neighborhood, but as long as she stayed inside and with Mishka outside there wouldn't be any problems. The building they were using had everything. A hundred different sets, thirty men on the varying computers and most importantly, enough actors to fill all the roles. She immediately spotted the two who were supposed to be her partners later in the movie.

"Hey, you're Sariska right?" Someone said from behind her. She turned around to answer but loud shouting and actors scrambling to move out of the way interrupted her. A float - decorated with airhorns of all things - rolled into the set and the man set down. He talked fast, almost as fast as her friend Tammy.

It all happened so quick, every eye was on her now. She was on the stage before she knew it - any ordinary person might find it distressing, but Sariska knew her lines by heart, as if they were burned into her soul. She took a step forward and looked into the camera. She waited just long enough for the lights to dim and the spotlight to focus on her face properly. Her beige dress sparkled up at the camera as the lights focused.

"My father once told me," she began, "of a time when our world was different. People from all walks of life could come together, to share laughter and silence, joy and pain. He told me of a world that people took for granted." She took a step back and felt the obstruction on her back foot before it could trip her.

She grabbed the man's collar and pulled herself up, knocking him to the ground. "The fuck do you think you're doing!?" she shouted. "Don't answer that, I already know. Get off the goddamn stage if you're role isn't up yet, did you even read the script!?"

"I'm supposed to be here!" was all the guy could protest with.

"You're supposed to be standing behind me on stage when I'm giving the opening speech?" Sariska said, raising her eyebrows at him.

"N-no?"

"Get off the fucking stage, then." Sariska glared at the boy, no older than 17, until he dropped himself off the stage. Once that was done, she cleared her throat and brushed off her chest. "We're redoing that, obviously." She said, nodding to the cameramen. She was already off to a great start, she wouldn't let some dumbass teenager ruin her first day. Her performance would be perfect, as before.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:13 pm

As Caleb grabbed Daniel's hand, it felt as if the world had frozen to a screeching halt. This was insane. How could someone make him feel like this, like a natural disaster was running right over him? This guy wasn't at all what he seemed. His eyes widened in shock as his body tried to process the sensations going through it. He couldn't even make any noise - the sheer cold had taken any wind out of him. The only thing that had been left behind in Daniel was just a core of absolute fear. And then, as suddenly as the feeling of absolute zero had come on, it faded just as quickly. Caleb spoke more pleasantries his way, but Daniel couldn't really hear them over the ringing that was left in his ears.

That wasn't right. How could some ordinary man do something like that to him? Caleb said what seemed like more pleasantries. Daniel tried to raise his arm in protest, but it felt as if he had run two full marathons and lost. All his muscles had turned to jelly. As Caleb left the park, a gust of wind that was out of place blew a torrent of leaves in his face, blocking his view of the retreating man, but when the storm finally subsided, he had vanished into thin air.

There wasn't really anything Daniel could do but collapse onto the bench next to him, the one that the strange man had occupied when he had entered the park. Struggling to reach his phone in his pocket, he laboriously sent a text to Sam: Hey Sam, sorry, but I can't make it today. Feeling really sick out of nowhere. :/ He chose not to tell Sam that some creepy man had seemingly drained the life out of him, and he slumped back, leaving his phone on his lap. Tears came into his eyes, but he didn't have the energy to blink them away.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:37 pm

{Daniel}

"Dude, lame. I'm already here and you're flaking out on me? I'm gonna look like a total ass here by myself," Sam pinged back, as if him being alone were the reason why he'd ever look like an ass. Night had already descended upon the city, and it would be in Daniel's best interest to head out before the cops made their routine patrol of the park for suspicious or illicit activity. Going home and resting was always an option, as tomorrow would be his first day under Glotech's new management. If, of course he wanted to go off and hit up a bar to get absolutely shitfaced drunk, there would be that option as well. Employers absolutely love it when their employees show up to work with a hangover, after all.

---

{Sariska}

After the re-take of the opening scene, the following increments were delivered flawlessly after several remonstrations at the rookies were made. Upon finishing their quota, Charger concluded with a classic "Cut!" and ordered the equipment crew to start changing the visual props and scenery for the next project. "That's a wrap, people!" Charger called, standing up from his foldable chair. He made his way over to Sariska, walking along with her as he talked.

"Ya did, real good kid. Spectacular performance. If I could cry I would, but I ain't no little bitch. Once this hits the big screens, those hipsters are gonna be shittin' out their lattes in awe, I tell ya. It'll be a cult classic, and eventually word'll get out. Soon every slack-jawed Joe and limp-dick Timmy is gonna know your name. You're gonna be the bee's knees. The cat's pajamas. Now I'm wirin' your five hundred to your Exanet bank in three, two, one, presto. Don't spend it all in one place. Now I'm a busy man, and I got more films to produce. So I'll call you back in two days when we start filming Law of Conformity again. I'm sure you're busy too. That's why I'm assigning an intern to you. Aurora! Gittinhere!"

"You called, Mr. Rivelotto?"

Music: There She Is
Spoiler:

A young woman approached from around the corner, her pure azure-white hair swishing back and forth with each step she took. Her porcelain skin was outfitted in a black blazer with golden embroideries - a uniform representing one of Winddrift's prestigious graduate schools. The frontal fringe and cheek-long sidelocks of her hair complimented her crimson eyes, giving off an air of enigma and doll-ish grace. This was only furthered by her soft yet graven voice. Charger would then introduce her. "This here is Aurora Emblyne, a grad student from the West Winddrift Institute of Fine Arts. She'll be here to study you. Whatever you need, anything at all, feel free to yell at her until she does it for you. I'll send her contact info to you over Exanet. Aurora, this is Sariska Eternal, she'll be your new boss for the remainder of your internship. Go on, say hi."

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Eternal."

"Now that we got that out of the way, I need to prepare for my next production. So go ahead and feel free to become buddy-buddy with each other. G'outta here, you two."

-Sariska has been paid $500
-Aurora's social profile has been added
-Charger's social profile has been added
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:07 pm

"Not bad, kid," Sariska said, giving the young guy a pat on the back. He nearly jumped out of his own skin when she approached her. "Other then the fuck up earlier, you pulled your own weight. Keep it up and you won't get yelled at again."

"I thought you were mad?" the kid still seemed surprised.

"Name?"

"S-sorry?"

"Tell me your name."

"Ike."

"Well, Ike, I was mad then because you did something stupid. I'm not mad anymore because the original reason is no longer relevant. You'll figure it out sometime in the next ten years, I'm sure." Sariska felt herself getting whisked away and gave Ike a flashy smile before Charger Rivelotto knocked her over. She was able to keep up with him better this time, and at the very least he wasn't throwing her on the stage anymore. A quick glance at her watch gave her the time - nearly midnight. The 24-hour diner would be open, but it might be better just to go to bed ASAP.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Charger throwing an intern at her this time. The girl's voice resonated well, even while just speaking. "Hm," Sariska hummed, covering her lips with her fingers. "Aurora, huh? Good name. Call me Star from now on, if you don't mind, I think we'll work well together. And stand still, I wanna look you over." Sariska stepped around the girl, sizing Aurora up as she circled her.

"Your hair almost reminds me of Sixela. Admirer, I take it?" Sariska looked, but didn't touch. She hated when other people touched her hair. "I like the uniform. I didn't go to WWI, so it's unfortunate I never got to try it for myself. It fits you well. Can you sing? Let me hear a chord from you. D major. Hey Aaron!" Sariska tried to get the piano guy's attention. "Play the D major chord for me, please! I'll sing with you Aurora, so follow my lead." Sariska knew her voice well. She could sing, she could dance, play a vast number of instruments, and her acting was phenomenal, but she would never get the same amount of attention as Sixela. She knew this. She also didn't care. She opened her mouth and sang the first note, Aaron following suit quickly enough.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Daniel's phone buzzed in his lap as he still tried to recover. Struggling to open his phone, he read the disappointed text from Sam. Daniel felt bad about it, but there wasn't really anything that could improve his state other than just heading to bed. With gargantuan effort, he stood up, surprisingly less jelly-legged than before. He could probably make it home without having to rest again. Besides, he had work in the morning, and he couldn't be late today. There probably wouldn't be another mysterious crash site blocking his way to the office tomorrow to save him. Making sure that he hadn't left anything behind, he started back towards Blue Avalon, trying to drown out everything that had happened in the park today. Today was just weird. First, he actually chose to skip work and have breakfast with his neighbor, which he never would have thought to do under normal circumstances, then there was a strange accident that involved really odd machinery, and to top it all off, Xacshire Park seemed to stand still as he was walking through it... Not to mention that Glotech had been bought out by Duple Corp. Today definitely wasn't a normal day.

As much as Daniel was looking to spice up his life, too much spice ruins just about any food. This was no exception. Hopefully nothing too out of the ordinary would keep him from just getting home and knocking out until morning.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 pm

{Daniel}

Daniel would make it back to his apartment with no further hindrances or oddities in his way, finding himself into his room. Tired by all the day's happenings, the cot's welcome embrace would greet Daniel into the rest of the night. The potted plant, however, seemed to be in a withering state due to neglect. Chances were Daniel wouldn't give a shit, and nobody would blame him. The following day was sure to be an interesting one...

(End of Day One, wait until Day Two before posting)

---

{Sariska}

"O-Oh... okay.... Miss... Star," Aurora stammered, not being used to referring to her superiors informally. As Sariska circled around her, she made a remark regarding Aurora's hair. "Sixela? Well, I listen to her sometimes... but I've only ever been to one concert."

"One concert's more than anyone could ever ask for," a plummy voice called out. "Professor Kaufmann?" Aurora responded, recognizing the man nearing them. A man with swept chestnut hair and glasses stepped forward in his leather coat. When Sariska asked Aurora to sing, the young intern stood nervously in place, hiding her eyes beneath her bangs. She wouldn't follow Sariska's lead and instead exhibited all the common traits of stage fright. "I'll have to apologize on her behalf," Kaufmann laughed. "Aurora's a little shy about her singing... in fact, she's only comfortable singing when it's just us two. Do you mind, Aurora?"

Aurora's eyes emerged from hiding and looked back at her professor who responded with a gentle smile. "Go on... let's show her what you're made of." Aurora cleared her throat and closed her eyes, and when the piano started again, she imagined herself far away. A forest of pine, covered in the everlasting snow was what she pictured, allowing her to breathe past her anxiety and sing. Her professor would then follow along.

Music: The Coldest Hearts
Spoiler:

The passing members of the studio stopped what they were doing and watched on, frozen in astonishment. In those moments, the entire world had stopped in its placed, enthralled by the smoky wisps of cherubic tones that came from Aurora's vocal cords. When the song had finished, those who heard it applauded and cheered, while young Aurora shrunk beneath her bashfulness. "Well, Miss Eternal? How did my stude- I'm sorry. How did your new intern do?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:16 am

Sariska stopped once it was clear Aurora wouldn't follow along. Thankfully her teacher was there, probably just to make sure Aurora was alright for the first meeting with Sariska. "That's quite alright," Sariska said. "Stage fright is common in all ages." Though she couldn't say the same about herself. Sariska was born for the stage. Sariska stepped back and put herself in a chair.

Sariska's breath was stolen away as Aurora sang. She closed her eyes and felt the sound move through her. She swayed with the tune and as she understood the beat, began to hum to herself. When the singing faded away, Sariska remained in her seat with her eyes closed until the applause finished - which took quite a while considering.

"How was it?" Sariska repeated. She stood from her chair and smiled. "You have a better voice than I do. I am very impressed. Thank you, professor, for being here. I've just been given quite the special treat." Sariska went to shake hands with the professor and turned her smile to Aurora. "Perhaps you'll be more comfortable singing one day and challenge Sixela for the throne. You have the potential."

Sariska took another look at her watch. It was getting even later now. "For now though, I think it's best if you head home. I trust you have a place to stay? If not, you're welcome at my apartment, we have plenty of space - I'm sure my sister wouldn't mind. My chauffeur is waiting outside, so it's up to you." Sariska would wait for the reply, then head back to find Mishka so she could go home. Maybe Aurora's professor was here to give her a ride. The dorm rooms should still be available to even interns, right?
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:10 pm

{Sariska}

"I'm glad," Kaufmann said. "I'm sure given time, Aurora will warm up to where she will be comfortable displaying her talent for you. I am also certain that you must be quite the performer yourself if Charger Rivelotto picked you as a lead actor. I look forward to seeing your work in the future." The professor nodded when Sariska implicated her leave. "Do not worry about Aurora, all branches of the Winddrift Institute provide their students with the top-of-the-line dormitories that would bring Blue Avalon to shame; almost makes me wish I was still attending as a student so I wouldn't have to downgrade to those apartments... heh heh. Ahem. Well, that shall be all, I suppose. I'm sure Aurora will be waiting on hand and foot should you need her until your next shoot, and if you would like to reach me, I would like to take this time to shamelessly plug my blog at 'R.Kaufmann.Exanet.' Yes, one 'f' and two 'm's' in Kaufmann. If you need to meet me in person, I am usually at the West Winddrift Institute, and my office hours are... oh ho, sorry. Teacher habits. Farewell, Miss Eternal."

Aurora and the professor would take their leave, as the jolly Beastfolke Mishka awaited Sariska outside and opened the door to the car for her. "Ah, there is the moviestar!" he laughed. "How was day? Day was good? Hopefully you do not become too famous to say hello to Mishka, ha ha!"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:27 pm

"I'm sure you'll hear of me one way or another," Sariska said. She wondered if Aurora was truly too shy to speak to her directly or if there was something going on between her and Kaufmann. Her intuition wasn't good enough for figuring that out, no matter how many psychology courses she took. "Then I'll see you in two day's time. Good night to you both."

Sariska left the studio, no one else seemed to want to bother her. Finding Mishka wasn't a problem either, he was waiting outside just as promised. Sariska giggled and gave him a smile as he opened the door. "Of course, not Mishka. I wouldn't dream of becoming that kind of person. Even should I become as famous as Sixela, I know it would not be by just my own power." She ducked herself into the car and waited for Mishka to get into the driver's seat.

"Take me home, please," Sariska said. "Unless...are you hungry? If you know a good place to pick up some food, I'd be game to try it." She didn't want to say it would be her treat. She didn't know how Beastfolke ate - probably a lot - and though she just got paid she found herself wanting to hang onto it longer than the payments she got from the music company.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:36 pm

{Sariska}

"Mishka is full, Star," he assured her. "Mishka found nice chicken pot pie and calzone across street from studio. How was movie?" As he started the ignition, the radio would play a relaxing tune to ride to. Mishka would dial the station to a lower volume so he could hear about Sariska's day as he drove her home.

Music: Gentle Groove
Spoiler:

The cab would pass through Commute Road as Sariska was free to view the sights of the lit-up city. Countless bars and clubs, stores, casinos, and businesses stayed alive through the night. Sariska could watch her reflection upon the car window as they passed them all by. The notable difference of class were levels higher than the Hastel District where the Lunaveil Studios were. The Cat's Eye Lounge which sat at the edge of the district served as a border in which the area beyond housed more of the city's slums and shady dealings.
"We are here," Mishka announced as they arrived at the Blue Avalon apartments. He parked the car past the gate and kept the engine running as he left to open the door for Sariska's exit. "Sleep well, Star. And have nice day tomorrow."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:05 pm

"Then home it is," Sariska said. She paused for a moment to listen to the radio. "Other than a bit of a bumpy start, I'd say production went well today. You understand I can't talk about the actual movie, of course. I think some of the actors there are a little intimidated by me, still." She fell quiet, closing her eyes. She would take a deep breath whenever she felt herself drifting to sleep. It wasn't long before she felt the car come to a stop and the door to her seat open up.

"Thank you again, Mishka," Sariska said. "I'll see you in two days, I hope." She gave the man a smile and headed to her building. Her sister might still be awake, she thought, turning the key. A blast of hot air hit her as the door opened up and a flash of black hair rushed out to meet her.

"Oh Star, it's terrible!" Chloe cried and pulled Sariska into the apartment. She barely had enough time to close the door behind her. "Look!"

"What's going on, Chloe?" Sariska said, looking around. "And what happened here? What's the table knocked over for?" Her eyes were drawn to the aquarium where Chloe's pet rocks sat. Chloe insisted on them being hermits, but Sariska wasn't convinced. She heard a bit of squeaking nearby and internally groaned. "Don't tell me."

"Look, look!" Chloe pulled her into the kitchen and pointed to the corner. A mouse, tiny as could be, sat squirming and squeaking on the stick-trap. Another mouse lay motionless by a snaptrap. Chloe didn't like killing animals, so Sariska had to offer a humane alternative.

"Two mice? We were already having enough problems with the goddamned crickets." Sariska rubbed her temples and went to go pick up the dead mouse. "C'mon, Chloe. Get yourself pulled together." She threw the mouse in the trash and tied up the bag. "If you take this to the dumpster, I'll handle the live one."

"What are you going to do?" Chloe asked, her lower lip trembling as she grabbed the trash bag.

"Release it where it belongs." That seemed enough for the girl and she ran out the apartment, bag in hand. Sariska glanced down at the tiny mouse. She knew it wouldn't survive the peeling. "Sorry little buddy," she murmured and closed her fist around it.

~End day~
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:21 pm

{Intermission}

Winddrift City - Duple Corp (Main Branch HQ)

Music: Genesis
Spoiler:

"So... the day has finally come."

Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"All our hard work will soon pay off."

"That's good to hear, Mr. Halkius."

Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 3 17b482cf35"But was it necessary to buy out all those companies out at once?"

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"My hand was forced. As soon as our craft was hijacked and made public at Rexford, I had no choice but to make my move. Do not worry, all will continue to go as planned."

Heritage - Page 3 17b482cf35"Yes, I suppose it'll be easier to find the incarnates of Fire and Water with more employers under our control."

"Oi, all this business-talk is boring! Why do I gotta be here when I can be at the testing labs tearing up more 'volunteers?'"

Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"S'been a good five days since I got to sink my teeth into some fresh meat! What's up with that? I'm bloody starvin' here!"

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"Relax, Demetrius. After this meeting you may return to the labs to resume your training."

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"Wot about you, Ryang? That bird of yours looks mighty tasty... I bet it makes for some good eats, heh heh."

Heritage - Page 3 17b482cf35"You lay your filthy paw on Kim, and I'll skin you alive and use your pelt as a welcome mat, you hear that?"

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"Oh ho ho... scary..."

"Oh, we were having a meeting? Sorry, must've slept over the notification."

Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 3 7c2b4a7883"Sup, folks?"

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"OI! WHO THE 'ELL INVITED THIS BLOODY WANKER?!"

Heritage - Page 3 7c2b4a7883"Man, are you still upset about that last sparring match?"

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"F'KAWFF!"

Heritage - Page 3 7c2b4a7883"Hey, you ever want a salty runback, you know where to find me."

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"F'KAWFF!"

"I heard yelling. Are Demetrius and Cornelius at it again?"

Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 3 7c2b4a7883"Oh look, Her Graciousness, the 'Gift from the Galaxies' is here."

Heritage - Page 3 Cf6cbf849f"Truly. I am honored to have your lives brightened just by being here."

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"Yeah, it's always a real shitter 'til you show up, that's fer true."

Heritage - Page 3 Cf6cbf849f"If I didn't know any better, Demetrius, I would think you're being sarcastic."

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"Everyone look out fer this one, she's sharp."

Heritage - Page 3 Cf6cbf849f"I'm one more snide remark away from swatting you on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper."

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"N-NOT THE NEWSPAPER! I SWEAR YOU BLOODY WELL DONE GAVE ME A SHITTON O' WELTS THE LAST TIME YOU TROUNCED ME WITH THE FUNNIES SECTION."

Heritage - Page 3 7c2b4a7883"Newspaper, huh? I gotta remember that one."

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"DON'T YOU BLOODY START, YOU LIL SHITHEAD.

"Ha! Men. Guess you can only expect us ladies to be the proper and civil ones around here."

Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 3 021c729413"It's always the same with you silly boys."

Heritage - Page 3 17b482cf35"Looks like the 'queen' herself has arrived."

Heritage - Page 3 021c729413"The party never starts without me; of course you already knew that, Ryang. But while we're on the topic of men... aren't we still missing one?"

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"He's been here the entire time, actually."

"Every conversation you have about men always somehow leads up to me, doesn't it?"

Spoiler:

Heritage - Page 3 021c729413"T-The fuck?! You scared the everliving shit out of me! The fuck is with you always lurking around, creep?! Why didn't you say anything?!

Heritage - Page 3 4f4ae54c5b"I'm not hear to talk. Halkius brought us here to brief us over. I should be the one to ask why you're all wasting time blathering on about fuck-all."

Heritage - Page 3 021c729413"Grr... One of these days, Zeto... one of these days."

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"Ahem. Now that you are all here, I can discuss with you your orders for the next following days. Ryang and Sixela. You two will be in charge of finding the remaining incarnates. I'll have the new managers of our acquired companies to collect DNA of all their employees under the guise of a simple drug test. Once we get a positive match, I need either of you to bring the incarnate to the designated Duple branch."

Heritage - Page 3 17b482cf35"Understood, sir."

Heritage - Page 3 Cf6cbf849f"Clear as crystal."

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"Cornelius and Demetrius."

Heritage - Page 3 7c2b4a7883"Sup?"

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"Wot'll you 'ave us do?"

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"...Just stay the hell away from each other. Remain at your designated posts until further instruction."

Heritage - Page 3 7c2b4a7883"Ha."

Heritage - Page 3 3e00ff9a2e"Ya lil runt. I'll be usin' this time to sharpen my claws."

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"Zeto and Eva."

Heritage - Page 3 4f4ae54c5b"Standing by."

Heritage - Page 3 021c729413"Your orders, Mr. President?"

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"You two will be in charge of leading the investigation on the recent sabotage. I want to find the organization responsible for stealing one of our prototype crafts."

Heritage - Page 3 4f4ae54c5b"I swear you always pair me up with her because you find it amusing."

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"Don't be absurd, Zeto. You two are my most skilled assets, and your combined talents haven't failed me so far. The fact that I find your banter entertaining is merely a coincidence."

Heritage - Page 3 021c729413"Aww... is the big scawy Zeto getting tired of a little ol' me?"

Heritage - Page 3 4f4ae54c5b"'Getting tired' is a bit of an understatement at this rate."

Heritage - Page 3 96f340f7a4"While all of you are performing your tasks, I will remind you as always to keep an open comm line and check in with each other often. This concludes this meeting. So um... yes... drive home safely and whatnot."

{End of Intermission}

Last edited by Vergil on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Heritage - Page 3 Ecdd8e390c
Music: Good Morning Winddrift
Spoiler:

The sun peaked over from beneath the horizon. Another morning had arrived to the city of Winddrift and all its residents. The working class tenants did their routine of scrambling about to their commute, while some of the nights owls were just coming home. Daniel, being the believably responsible adult that he was, still never bothered to restock his refrigerator and would most likely have to go without breakfast. Mia was not outside the confines of her apartment, as her cat was being well-behaved today. Too bad. Better luck next time Daniel, maybe you'll get your shit straight someday. At least there was nothing distracting him from getting to work on time.

On Sariska's end, there was no obligation to be anywhere, so she had the luxury of sleeping in if she so wished. Whether or not they had their basic food necessities was entirely up to the relegation of which sister was going to buy the groceries. Sariska's phone would ping her with a message over Exanet. The sender, was none other than Aurora. The message would read:

"Good morning, Miss Star. Will you be needing my assistance today?"

Now there was a person who was sure to be dependable. Aurora definitely seemed like the type to be punctual and professional. Charger seemed to have picked his subordinates well. Daniel would be awaiting to see how his job would change under the new management, while Sariska... could do anything or be anywhere she wanted. If Daniel was anywhere near artistically talented, perhaps he could have pursued a different career that didn't involve a soul-crushing cubicle.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Sariska heard Chloe roll off her bed but didn't go check on her. She took a deep breath and pulled herself up, using a bar attached to her doorway. Five pull-ups later and Chloe walked out of her room, on the opposite side of the hall. The black-haired girl yawned and looked at Sariska for a moment before shaking her head.

"I suppose you're going to need the shower first today," Chloe said.

"Nope, still haven't gone for my run yet." Sariska dropped from the bar and stretched out her arms. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest already, a thin layer of sweat covering her arms and face. "I just needed to warm up before going outside."

"Honey, at least put yoga pants on."

"Don't have any, still. Did you go shopping last night, I forgot to ask."

"I did, actually. Among the standard stuff, we have some mixed nuts - unsalted just like you requested. I bought a little box of wine for myself, I promise to only drink a small glass."

"You're supposed to be going sober, Chloe, we talked about this."

"I can't just go cold-turkey, Star. I'm not you, alright? Not everyone can be in full control of their actions all the time like you."

"Alright, I'm sorry." Sariska glanced back at her phone. "At least let me pour the glass for you from now on. I don't want you going back to old habits."

"If it'll make you stop nagging me," Chloe said, waving her hand dismissively. She headed into the bathroom while Sariska picked up her phone. A message from Aurora. Sariska didn't remember giving her information over to Aurora, but perhaps Charger gave it to her before they met. That was fine, but she would have like to give it out herself.

"I don't need anything today, Aurora," she murmured, but didn't write the text. Star hadn't dealt with an intern before - most of the other studios she worked for barely bothered to even recognize her, let alone hire a helper. "Hey Chloe, what should I do with an intern?"

"You're asking me?" Chloe's voiced echoed from the shower. "What makes you think I know what to do with a student?"

"You're the people person, between the two of us."

"Well, what does your intern do? Are they male, female, trans, some other gender I can't be bothered to think about?"

"She has a good voice."

"Then take her with you to your recording. You are recording something today, aren't you?"

Sariska grimaced. She hadn't told Chloe she scrapped the piece last night. It took her a week to come up with it and another week to get it right, but it just didn't fit in with her usual style. It wasn't nearly as good as what she wanted to put out, either. Maybe Aurora could give her some advice on it?

"I do. Come to my apartment, number 425, at Blue Avalon in an hour from now. Fourth building, second floor, fifth door from the stairs in case you aren't sure." And....sent. Now she just had to go for her short run, take the shower away from Chloe, and find something to eat all before Aurora arrived. Today was going to be a good day, Sariska decided as she went outside for her run.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:07 pm

You are very special... I am Caleb Ambrose. I am very much alright. You aren't one of those chivalrous types... danger... What makes you special will put you in danger. You are special.

Daniel bolted up from his cot, sweat pouring off him and hyperventilating. He looked around the space in panic of something out to kill him, but as he looked, there was no one or anything else in his apartment but him. "Ah, shit..." Daniel whispered with shaky breath, still not fully himself. Still trembling, Daniel sighed and put his face in his hands. He certainly felt better than he had last night, but the aftereffects were still with him. He probably needed to eat something. He got up with relative ease and moved towards the bathroom to dry off. The sun was just rising over the horizon, its pink light glaring into his window that he was unfortunate enough to have face the east.

Daniel frowned and traipsed back to his closet, selecting a white shirt, blue tie, and khakis. Khakis weren't the worst thing, and he liked being comfortable in the office. As he pulled on the pants, though, he was having second thoughts. Today was the day that he started working for Duple Corp instead of Glotech. He never would have imagined. Perhaps he would need to impress management if Shoemaker had been booted out. Recanting, he instead pulled a pair of black slacks from the closet and pulled them on, hearing his stomach growl. Absentmindedly, he headed to the fridge and opened it, having a sad realization as he did that he forgot to head to the store the night before. "Awww..." He probably wouldn't be able to eat until sometime late tonight. Daniel clicked his teeth and slammed the refrigerator door. I definitely need to go to the store after work. Definitely not going by the park again any time soon. The potted plant on his kitchen counter, a gift from Sam for something he couldn't remember the occasion of, started like it was looking to wilt from neglect, its soil drier than bones. Of course, Daniel remained unaware of its existence; he was way too busy taking care of himself to take care of anything else.

Thankfully, whatever nightmare he had last night had made sure that he woke up in plenty of time to catch the train to work, even if it didn't make him feel all that good. Taking one last look in the mirror to make sure he had his stuff and that his hair wasn't a mop, he headed out the door and locked it behind him. Mia wasn't anywhere to be seen today. Though, he didn't usually see her when he left for work, so this was normal. Today couldn't possibly be any stranger or any more awful than yesterday was as a net sum, so hopefully, something would go right for him today. He headed to the Wrisfeld train station, opening his phone on the way to update himself of happenings on Exanet while he was busy with shenanigans the night before.

>Browse Exanet.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:14 am

{Daniel}

The mess at Rexford had long been cleared from yesterday, allowing an unhindered passage to the train station. Choosing to drown out the mundane palaver of the other passengers, Daniel opened up his phone and scanned Exanet. Several feeds and headlines would pop up, as well as community forums and chatrooms. The train would soon arrive at Daniel's stop; the loud hiss of the doors alerting him.

Winddrift Gazette
Mysterious Mass Murder Streak Continues:

Vergil's Pop Filter New Pop Craze?:

Dahlia Xildeth's Undisputed Title Reign Continues:

>Post a thread
>Go to work

---

{Sariska}

By this time, most of Blue Avalon's tenants had either cleared out for work or have turned in to sleep. The day workers always joked among each other, claiming the nocturnal residents to be an entirely different species of human. The pristine pond by the apartments reflected off the sun, giving an orange gleam as Sariska enjoyed her jog. Aside from two men shooting the breeze at the apartment's courtyard, the area was for the most part, barren. When Sariska would finish with her morning, Aurora would show up at the apartments in her white motorized scooter. Her silken hair would stay in line, even as she removed her helmet. The intern walked up the stairs with the same black blazer and a leather handbag, showing up at Sariska's door an hour on the dot; not a minute sooner.

She gave the door three knocks.

"Miss Star? I've arrived."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:25 am

Daniel read through Exanet, clicking on a few headlines. Skimming through the contents of each article, his eyebrows raised when he came across Gabriela's and Mishka's names. He had no idea that Mishka was a fighting champion. If he came across Eric again, he'd have to remember to ask him if that mysterious crash had anything to do with those murders. Probably not, but it helps make good conversation filler. Vergil's Pop Filter as well... didn't he see something like that the night before last on the ride home?

Curious, he took a double take around for the graffiti, not sure if someone had scrawled it in here as well. Looking back to his phone, surprisingly enough, there weren't any threads about yesterday's crash now, as if it were just a small nonissue that just blew away like anything else. Very odd. The train came to a halt at his stop, and he watched people busily flow off the vehicle on their way to whatever it is they all needed to attend to.

He had to admit, he was a little nervous, working with perhaps different people altogether than the ones he had known when he first got hired. Hopefully he'd still have a job, or at least be in some kind of field where he knew something about what he was doing. As his car of the train got emptier, he shut his phone and pocketed it, getting in the flow of people that would deposit him on the way to work. He had missed yesterday, he couldn't really afford to miss today either. Who knew what new management's attendance policy was? Yesterday with Mia was nice, but he couldn't really take that risk twice in the same week, or pretty much ever.

>Go to work.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:31 am

The door to Sariska's apartment opened, revealing a smaller girl with black hair tied in braids and a curious expression on her face. "Why hello there, cutie," the stranger said, smiling and fluttering her eyelashes. She wore a long, sparkling indigo dress not fit for the apartment she lived in. "You must be Aurora." She said Aurora's name with an unnecessary emphasis and licked her lips, it wouldn't be a surprise if the poor girl was weirded out by the girl who was not Sariska but looked so much like her. It wasn't until a hand grabbed the girl's ear and pulled her away did Sariska show herself.

"Sorry about her," Star said. "This is my sister Chloe, who was just leaving. Isn't that right?"

"Yes, yes, I've got it. Just having a little fun is all, don't patronize me mother." Chloe grabbed her jacket and slipped out of the apartment, giving Aurora a wink. "See you later, pretty girl. We should get together sometime, I know an excellent hairdresser who could really work around your natural beauty. You'd be the Queen of men and women." Chloe stepped a little closer as she spoke, giving only a teasing smile. She slipped something into Aurora's pocket before breaking off. "Give me a call sometime, sweetheart. I'll make your night a magical one!"

Sariska gave an apologetic smile. "Don't worry about her, she's only half-serious when she says that. Come on in, don't be shy now." Sariska wasn't much better either. She wore only a black sports bra and a pair of tiny shorts. She didn't at all seem bothered by the cold air rushing in, though, and she ushered Aurora in without giving the cold a second thought. Once the door closed, however, the temperature rose up. There was a distinct lavender scent to the apartment.

"You can leave your jacket anywhere you like," Sariska said. "We don't normally have guests come over, so we don't really have a coat rack anywhere. There's a chair over there you can use and you're free to grab something to drink from the kitchen - just not the wine. It's Chloe's personal stock, even though she isn't supposed to be drinking anymore."

Sariska led Aurora past the lazy chairs and buzzing television set and into the three-way hall. "Bathroom is right here if you need it," Sariska gestured forward before turning right into her room. "Chloe's room is on the other side, this one is mine. I hope you don't mind the smell, we don't really have enough windows or fans in the place." A strong scent of honey and something akin to roasted nuts came out as she opened the door. A bed sat against the back corner, barely big enough to fit a single person and clearly not the focus of the room. A keyboard sat at the bed's foot, hooked up to a personal sound system. On the right-hand wall was a sliding door - opened to reveal a variety of dresses. Below the dresses were heavy weights and a metal bar that could be attached to the door frame. One the other side of the room sat a small vanity. Sariska had put several sticky notes on the mirror frame with mostly dates on them. There was one pink note that read "Dinner with Eric THIS Saturday 6:30pm DON'T FORGET!" with a little heart-shaped sticker below it.

Three guitars sat on a wide box off the floor, two of which were acoustic and the third electric. The electric guitar was red with "Sariska Eternal" written in flowery gold letters at the base." Of all the instruments in the room, this one was the oldest instrument in the room and clearly cared for the most. The center of the room was left empty, with only a circular black rug on the floor. A microphone hung from cords attached to the ceiling fan just above the rug, like a personal stage. "Have a seat wherever you like," Sariska said, tapping a few keys on her keyboard to make sure it was working. "Though I'm afraid your only choices are the wooden chair there and my bed."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:39 pm

{Daniel}

Daniel stepped through the revolving doors that led into the interior of Glotech's towering structure. The clerk at the front desk smiled and nodded once at Daniel, and quickly went back to browsing Exanet on her computer. The floor where Daniel worked would be on the eight floor, and the elevator was already called at the ground floor. When Daniel would arrive at the office, he could see Shoemaker taking notice of his arrival. "Alright, alright! You're all here now. G'over here, Daniel, fall in line with the rest of your coworkers," he commanded in his gruff, military-esque voice. "As you may or may not know, I have sold Glotech and all its entitlements over to Duple Corp." He took a quick drag from his cigar. "What does this mean for me? It means I'm friggin' rich and I'm gonna fuck off south to enjoy my retirement. What does it mean for you all? Nothing, probably. You'll be doing the same mundane, repetitive tasks you've been doing all your careers - maybe with a few policy changes; I know Meat Loaf Tuesday is probably getting cancelled for that 'healthier' soy bullshit alternative or something... feh."

"I just wanted to say," Shoemaker went on. "That it's been an honor working with you all... and I don't really care what you guys do at this point. Your new boss should be any second now to introduce himself, and in the meantime, I'm leavin'. Goodbye, good luck, and good riddance... fuckin' morons." Putting out his cigar, Shoemaker waved one final salute before heading down the elevator, and a sense of dread and uneasiness would overtake Daniel as the elevator began to make its way back up. The doors slid open, and from it, Daniel's new boss would appear.

His footsteps reverberated through Daniel's head like a bad hangover as he approached, the man shaking hands with everyone he passed. When the man came to the center of the room, he stood confidently and made contact with Daniel.

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Caleb Ambrose, and I will be in charge of operations from here on out."

---

{Sariska}

Aurora didn't show much of a reaction to Chloe's teasing, keeping a stoic face. She merely blinked a few times and moved her hand just to make sure there weren't any locks of her hair out of place. When Sariska invited her further in, Aurora removed her blazer, revealing her white blouse underneath and folded it into a neat square as she sat it gently on the couch. Sariska offered her permission to the drinks, but Aurora shook her head. "It's okay, I only drink water and sugarless tea." Sariska would then proceed on with the tour of her home and eventually to her makeshift studio.

The intern flipped open the top of her handbag and grabbed out her personal tablet computer, flicking it on and taking notes to herself. "I don't mind the smell," she assured Sariska, looking up at her. "It actually reminds me a little bit like my old country." Aurora situated herself onto the wooden chair, making sure she was giving Sariska enough space. "What can I help you with today?'
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Music: Crusade

"I wanted you to listen to something," Sariska said. She was at her sound system, flicking around on her tablet for the right settings. "Just need to set the prerecorded segments up and there." Sariska hurried over to the red guitar and hooked the strap over her shoulder. "I don't normally do songs without singing, and I've been working on this one for a couple weeks already. To be honest, I don't like how its turning out, but I figured a second set of ears might do me a lot of good. All I need is for you to give this a listen, and tell me what you think."

Sariska clicked the play button on her tablet and walked to the center of the room. There was enough time for her to plug in her red guitar and measure the sound - both of which were done very quickly - before striking the first note. When the song started, she started moving with the music.

It didn't take long for her to lose herself. It happened every time she played on this guitar. There was something special about it, more than just having her name engraved on the base. More than just being her favorite color, her favorite instrument. When she struck the notes, she felt her own soul striking the chords with it.

When the song came to a close she took a deep breath and turned to Aurora. "Well?" Sariska was expectant, eager to hear the critique. She wanted to know if this song was just a waste of time, like she thought. If even one person outside her sister told her to record it, she would.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:46 am

Daniel walked into the former Glotech building, noticing that the receptionist acknowledged him coming in. He returned the favor and proceeded to the elevator. He was really nervous, but he tried to keep his cool. There wasn't too much else he could do but wait and see what happened. He arrived in front of the elevator and called it, expecting to have to wait a bit before he could go upstairs. To his surprise, he actually didn't have to wait at all; the elevator door opened when he called it. Mildly amused, he stepped into the elevator and pressed the button leading to the eighth floor.

He stepped into the elevator and leaned back against the wall, taking note of another man similar to him: dead-end job working in this office tower. Perhaps the man was even similarly anxious about going into work today as Daniel was, but it wasn't as if he'd ask. The elevator stopped once on the fourth floor, leaving Daniel alone in the elevator for the remainder of the ride up.

The bell rang and the steel door slid open, revealing what seemed to be business as usual. Employees occasionally moving from department to department, managers holding their clipboards, and a familiar smell of lemon-scented disinfectant. Daniel took a deep breath and slowly let it out as he walked towards QA. To his relief, Shoemaker was still here and gruffly addressed him as usual.

Daniel joined the line of employees that made up his department, and oddly enough, a couple of others as well. The anxiety that had started building since he came into the office had come back with a vengeance as he listened to Shoemaker's farewell speech. While he guessed he expected something like this from the email he got yesterday, he didn't think that Duple Corp had replaced management so quickly...

Foreboding filled Daniel's stomach, making him sick. Something was off again, just like last night in the park. He, along with the others, turned to watch Shoemaker head to the elevator and leave Glotech for good. Though rather than staying stopped a while like it usually did, the elevator was coming again. Perhaps it wasn't to his floor... Hopefully it wasn't to his floor... And then the doors slid open again, revealing Caleb. Caleb?! Oh dear god...

His heart pounded and the sickness in his stomach intensified (or was that just hunger?). With each step that Caleb took towards Daniel, it was if his head had nails being driven through it. As Caleb progressed along the line of employees, shaking everyone's hand, he eventually got to Daniel, and Daniel had no choice other than to shake Caleb's hand again. The feeling of cold stillness flooded him, just like from the park last night. Certainly this guy wouldn't be in charge. Certainly not...

And then Caleb addressed himself, seemingly staring right at Daniel as he spoke. The same panic from before was rising within him. His gut was telling him to just bolt, to run away as far as his legs would take him away from this man. He was in danger. No way... But just like last night, he was rooted in place, as if by something solid, but he knew that there wasn't anything holding him back. His eyes wide, Daniel just stood there, staring without waver at Caleb, waiting for whatever he was about to say next.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:47 pm

{Daniel}

"I'm sure it won't be long before I get to know each and every one of you by name," Caleb announced. "As much as I would like for you all to be able to return to your respective stations and get back to work, there is a matter I must address in accordance with Duple Corp's policy. It's nothing serious, I assure you, however I have been instructed to administer a mandatory drug test. So if you would, please line up near the bathroom and grab a plastic cup. When you have provided your urine sample, place the cup on the bathroom counter, place the lid on it, and write your name on it with the provided marker. Afterwards, you are free to resume your daily schedule. If you have any further questions or concerns, I shall be in Shoemaker's former office."

The line that had been formed by Caleb was now making for the bathroom, with murmurs spreading between the workers.

~

"Wow... new boss looks a little too young to be our boss, doesn't he?"
"Yeah... but he's kinda hot, don't you think?"
"So hot."
"So hot."

~

"Anybody else get... kind of a weird vibe from that guy?"
"Thought I was the only one. He's kinda pale-looking... like he doesn't get enough sun."
"Dude's also got red eyes. I don't think I trust someone with red eyes."
"Maybe it's like... a medical condition. We probably shouldn't bring it up around him."
"Oh yeah... I think my sister has what he has... that's probably it."

~

"Oh shit, a drug test? Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, I'm gonna get canned for sure this time. Shit, shit, shit, shit... what am I gonna do? I'm freakin' out..."

~

It would come to be Daniel's turn in the line when his phone buzzed.

{To: Daniel Reisa
Subject: DON'T

"I WOULDN'T IF I WERE YOU."

-X}

-Caleb's social profile has been added

---

{Sariska}

Aurora set down her tablet and watched Sariska pick up her guitar. She sat motionlessly and observed Sariska play her piece. Throughout the song, it seemed as though Aurora paid more attention to Sariska's movements as opposed to listening to the actual chords being played, and in the middle of the performance, Aurora picked up her tablet again and jotted something down before listening to the other half.

At the end of the outro, Sariska would ask Aurora what she thought, only Aurora's resting scowl to turn into a hesitant frown. "It's no good," she shook her head. "I'm sorry but... this is no good." She stowed her tablet back into her handbag, looked up at Sariska. "Perhaps I should be more clear. The song itself is fundamentally sound - it's played in perfect rhythm, you're even pouring your heart into it as you play..."

"But that isn't the problem. The problem is that you had to ask me what I thought about it," she explained. "It is clear to me that you are very passionate about your work... you should be. However, why do you feel the need to ask me for my opinion about it?" Aurora for once looked as though she cracked through her usual cold demeanor into a more wistful side of her. "Everything was perfect up until you had doubt. Why? Why, did you have to ask me? Are you not confident in your own ability? Are you afraid that your song isn't good enough? Music... isn't about being 'good' or 'bad'. When I watched you... it looked like you were playing for yourself... that you were enjoying yourself... and that's what really mattered. My opinion... is that you shouldn't care what my opinion is - or even anyone else's."

She stood up from the seat and shied her eyes down again.

"I'm sorry... if I'm being out of line."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:09 pm

"No good?" Sariska frowned a bit, but her displeasure quickly changed to a more contemplative frown. She sat on her bed as she listened to Aurora and kept her eyes locked on the girl. When her speech was over, Sariska stayed quiet for a few more moments. One could easily see the gears turning through her eyes and when something clicked, she shot to her feet. "No, you're absolutely right. My self-doubt is a byproduct of my own arrogance. In order to become a musician, a singer, an actor, I had to kill my ego, but it seems that part of me is creeping back in."

"I understand now, you've been a great help for me in finding the problem. Also," Sariska's frown did a flip until she was smirking. "Because of you, I have a great idea. I'm going to Lunaveil Studios. I'm taking you with me and no, you don't have a choice. Let me get changes and pack some clothes and instruments and we'll be on our way in less than half an hour."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Daniel was still feeling woozy from Caleb shaking his hand yet again. Why did he have to work with possibly the most inhuman man that he had ever met. He had half a mind to just resign and put as much distance between the two of them as he could muster, but he needed to be able to pay for food somehow... The job market was also stiff and competitive, so quitting wasn't an option. He'd just have to suck it up and face the music. He was very relieved when he was dismissed to go submit a sample for a drug test, letting out a breath that he didn't know he was holding.

Daniel didn't think that it was already time for the semiannual screenings, but apparently time flew when it wasn't being looked at. He joined his colleagues in a line that shrunk quicker than he would have thought. His phone buzzed, and he pulled it out, looking to find the cause. Apparently he had gotten an email. Expecting just some work correspondence, he was surprised to see that it was another one of those mysterious emails that he had been getting recently. Don't... what? What's this person keep talking about?

Before he knew it, it was already his turn to be screened. Quickly pocketing his phone, he grabbed a cup, went to the bathroom, and did his business. Once he finished, he wrote his name on the side and put it on the counter with everyone else's. His mind drifted to the stack of TPS reports that Shoemaker had given his department before he left... Perhaps Caleb ... Ambrose would need him to be doing something else instead. The thought of encountering that man again turned his stomach, but he'd rather not be wasting time on something that may not need to be done. With a heavy-handed sigh, he marched towards Shoemaker's old office, trying to brace himself to meet with Caleb.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:57 pm

{Daniel}

Caleb was in the office, carrying a cardboard box and sorting the files and manila folders from it into the cabinets. As he heard Daniel coming into the room, Caleb set the box down and sat at the desk. "Yes, Daniel, how may I help you?" he greeted with the utmost hospitality. The fearful sensation would persist as there was a peculiar glint in Caleb's eyes as he spoke. "Hm... you don't look too well? Are you ill? Would you like to take your lunch break early?" He carried on the simple pleasantries a regular employer would have, but one look into the man's eyes would seem as though he were peering back into the soul.

"I would very much rather return to getting situated here on a timely schedule, so if there's something you need - anything at all, then it would be within both of our best interests to get it out of the way."

---

{Sariska}

"I shall await you outside when you are ready, then," Aurora responded, picking up her blazer and stepping outside the door. Leaning back against the wall, she watched the passing clouds overhead and let out a yearning sigh. Her gaze watched the sky and traced back to the ground at her feet. Miss Star seems kind enough, at least. She is so easy to talk to... and yet Professor Kaufmann...

And to speak of the devil...

"Good morning, Aurora," Kaufmann's voice rang out to address Aurora. "You're looking well as always." Aurora's eyes widened in shock for a second, before her expression retreated into a grimace. "Professor Kaufmann... what are you doing here?"

"I just happened to be in the neighborhood," he bullshitted through his teeth, piecing together his facade with a happy tone. "And I just wanted to see how my star pupil was doing."

"I'm fine..." Aurora could only muster to say, avoiding eye contact. Her hand clenched involuntarily out of pure instinct.

"I'm glad. You aren't causing any problems for Mr. Rivelotto's newest actress, are you?"

"No," she said back, offering minimal response.

"Well, whenever you're done today with whatever business you have with her... you are to meet me for another appointment. Do you understand?"

Silence. The young woman completely froze in place, staring down at her feet once more.

"Aurora," his voice began getting firmer. "It would be a shame if your foster parents were to suddenly hear that by some unfortunate event, that you suddenly were no longer qualified to stay enrolled at the institute. And a bigger shame considering how close you are to finishing your program. So I will ask again. Aurora, do you understand?"

"Y-Yes, Professor Kaufmann."

"Good... enjoy the rest of your day." The professor wore the fake smile once again as he departed, humming a tune to himself while he walked into his vehicle and drove off. Aurora reached into her pocket and cleaned the tears that were beginning to well up in her eyes, as to look as though nothing was wrong when Sariska would show up again.

I miss home...
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next