Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Chase

2 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Chase - Page 9 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Chase

Post by Masquerade Sun May 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Renee glared at Auza now and stood up straight. "Of course we're ready," she huffed and took the lead with Claire. They were headed east, so there was no point in lingering around. The party followed. It only took a few seconds to reach a wooden door in the wall. Renee opened it cautiously to reveal a long rather long passageway with another similar wooden door on the opposite end. Renee strolled forth fearlessly.

"What happened to that apprehension, eh, Renee? Aren't you scared that there might be demons lurking?" Danzel taunted as they made their way down the passage. The door closed shut behind them. Danzel watched as Klein made his way over to the door and tried to open it, but to no avail. "Settle down, sport. I'm sure once we've taken care of the riff-raff in here, we'll be able to make it back out in no time."

"Ooookay...," Klein said uneasily, not sure if 'sport' was something he should be called by someone who couldn't be that much older than him.

At the end of the hallway, the group was forced to come to a halt as a cloud of dust suddenly roared to life in front of the door leading to the workshop. When the dust cleared, a creature was revealed standing in the way, brandishing what looked like a toy hammer. It was a goblin.

"I pray thee halt, trespassers! His Excellency Brygan, King of Thieves, has declared this domain off limits! For attempting to access this forbidden region, I sentence thee to death!" the creature exclaimed valiantly with its squeaky little voice.

"What a cute little creature...," Henry murmured to himself with a smile.

"That ain't no cute creature, boy," Danzel informed. "That's a demon and he doesn't look like he's lettin' us through without a fight. Prepare yourselves." He quickly brandished his dagger and wasn't surprised to see Renee and Claire do the same thing in a similar fashion.

Chapter 01-F: The Room's Protector

Objective: Defeat Carry and protect Henry!

Background: ~Demonic Influence~

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} { } {C} { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {w} C
{w} { } {R} { } {w} D
{w} { } { } {C} {w} E
{w} { } {K} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} {D} { } { } {w} H
{w} { } {H} { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Klein (Arcane Knight) *ENHANCE GLYPH* *REDUCE GLYPH*
HP: 50/50
MP: 45/45
Atk: 12
Def: 8
Int: 10
Spr: 6
Move: 3 cells

Henry (Scribe)
HP: 15/15
Atk: 4
Def: 5
Spr: 5

Auza (Seal Witch)
HP: 40/40
MP: 60/60
Atk: 3
Int: 11
Spr: 10
Move: 2 cells

Carry (Hobgoblin)
HP: 110/110
MP: 80/80
Atk: 15
Def: 7
Int: 12

Danzel (Thief)
HP: 75/75
MP: 75/75
Atk: 13
Int: 4
Spr: 9
Move: 4 cells

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

{3} - Foyer/East Hallway Door (cannot be occupied)

{4} - Door (cannot be occupied)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)

Character may start in rows F-I!

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon May 23, 2011 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun May 22, 2011 10:21 pm

Auza starts in H-3

Auza quickly stepped in front of Henry, her senses telling her the he wouldn't be able to stand up to an attack from the demon. She would protect him, or at least try to. Her ability to ward of physical attacks wasn't that great either, but it was nothing to cough at.

"Try to stay out of sight, Henry," Auza said, then was immediately puzzled by her suggestion. Auza didn't understand why she cared for the boy more than anyone else she had met before. Normally her attitude towards anyone would be similar to the attitude she gave Danzel. Auza wasn't inconsiderate, she just lacked empathy. And yet, to Henry, it was as if he was more important, for some reason.

Maybe she was just not feeling well. Maybe.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 9:10 am

Chapter 01-F: The Room's Protector

Objective: Defeat Carry and protect Henry!

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} { } {C} { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {w} C
{w} { } {R} { } {w} D
{w} { } { } {C} {w} E
{w} { } {K} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} {D} {A} { } {w} H
{w} { } {H} { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Henry (Scribe)

Auza (Seal Witch)
MP: 60/60

Carry (Hobgoblin)
HP: 110/110
MP: 80/80

Danzel (Thief)

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

Player Phase 1!

Klein moves to E3.

Klein took an energetic step forward before thrusting out his arms. White bolts of energy began to swarm around him until a solid sphere of light formed. Once he had achieved that, he burst forward, swiftly dodging around Renee and struck the goblin creature dead on causing the sphere to shatter, the remnants of the holy energy lingering in the air. Seizing this opportunity, Klein leapt performed a backflip landing just behind Renee. He held out his hand, open. In response to this, the remnants of light began to take the shape of a myriad of swords. Klein clenched his hand into a fist and one after one, the swords struck the goblin.

"Yes, yes! Love it when that happens! Looks so cool!!" Klein shouted cheerily, waving his sword in the air.

Klein uses Burst Rush on Carry! 17 Light Dmg! (ATK)
---Klein links Sword Shower! 6 hits! 14 Light Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 21/45

Henry uses Prelude on Auza! [Bestows Protect]

MP: 37/45

"So kind of you, Miss Auza. I'm greatly appreciative, but you must take care of yourself as well," he said, voice full of admiration. He unleashed his scroll of parchment and took out some ink. As he typically did, he began scrawling something upon it, runes beginning to form around Auza until they glowed brightly and formed a green barrier in the shape of a sphere around her.

"Now that mean creature won't be able to do much to you, Miss Auza," he surmised with a confident smile.

Henry waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon May 23, 2011 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon May 23, 2011 9:56 am

"In that case, I have nothing to fear here," Auza said as her way of thanking Henry, albeit a little discreet. She took a few steps forward and ended up behind Klein. She took out her old beads and threw them into the air above her head. Auza then quickly slapped her hands together and concentrated her magic through her body and her beads. The beads stopped and hovered just over Auza's head, the beads untangling themselves to form a large circle, from which a strange glyph appeared.

"Kingdom of Zion!" Auza chanted, "With your great and powerful army, move together as one to render my foe helpless! Teach your enemy the true meaning of fear and despair! Seal off their only power!" The beads above Auza's head began to glow brightly, and a light shot over to where the hobgoblin was, hovering over his head. With another sudden burst of light that shined down upon the goblin, another glyph was cast, and remained still above the goblin's head.

Auza moves to F-3

Auza casts Power Seal on Carry! Chance of Power Break!

MP: 42/60
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 10:47 am

Carry takes 52 Dmg!

HP: 58/110

Carry can no longer use ATK-based moves!

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} { } {C} { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {w} C
{w} { } {R} { } {w} D
{w} { } {K} {C} {w} E
{w} { } {A} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} {D} { } { } {w} H
{w} { } {H} { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Auza's Protect has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Carry uses Dust Storm on all enemies! [Klein is Blind][Henry is Blind][Auza is Blind (Auto-Esuna activates and removes Blind)][Danzel is Blind][Claire is Blind][Renee is Blind]

MP: 68/80

"A setback, a setback, I sayeth!" the hobgoblin cried as it realized it could no longer execute some of his moves. "A most troublesome thorn in my side, but I must counter! Constant vigilance, constant vigilance!!" Suddenly, the demon began swirling around, a surprisingly powerful gust being whipped into existence. It picked up every bit of loose dirt and dust in the hallway and turned it into a terrible storm that pretty much rendered everyone unable to see temporarily.

"Not too shabby, not too shabby!" he exclaimed in joy watching as his foes struggled to get the dirt out of their eyes.

Carry waits.

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} { } {C} { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {w} C
{w} { } {R} { } {w} D
{w} { } {K} {C} {w} E
{w} { } {A} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} {D} { } { } {w} H
{w} { } {H} { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Carry's Power Break has 2 turns left!

Neutral Phase.

Danzel uses Eye Drops! [Removes Blind]

Danzel hissed as the dust storm blew through the hallway. By the end of it, he was left patting himself down for first aid supplies. He found what he was looking for in the form of a small vial with a dropper that he used to absorb some of the liquid within and drop into his eyes, clearing them of the debris.

"Annoying little trick there," he stated flatly, rushing down the hallway towards the little creature who seemed to be beside himself with glee. Danzel would have to make sure it wouldn't stay like that for long.

Danzel moves to D2.

Claire uses Eye Drops! [Removes Blind]

Claire produced a vial similar to Danzel's. It was standard among thieves to keep a good supply of first aid materials. It was true that good thieves were hardly ever wounded or debilitated, but unforseen circumstances could always arise.

Claire waits.

Renee uses Eye Drops! [Removes Blind]

"Oh, I know one demon who's gonna wish he hadn't done that," Renee growled as she worked to clear her eyes of all the dirt with her own medicine. She hated taking the time to use it, and she hated getting things stuck in her eye. The more she thought about it, the more pissed off she grew.

Renee waits.

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} { } {C} { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {w} C
{w} {D} {R} { } {w} D
{w} { } {K} {C} {w} E
{w} { } {A} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } {H} { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Player Phase 2!

Klein (Arcane Knight) *ENHANCE GLYPH* *REDUCE GLYPH* *BLIND*

Henry (Scribe) *BLIND*

Auza (Seal Witch)
MP: 42/60

Carry (Hobgoblin)
HP: 58/110
MP: 68/80

Danzel (Thief)

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

Klein uses Arcana - Rage on himself! [ATK +20%]

MP: 9/45

Unable to see properly for the time being, Klein decided to execute something that he didn't really need to see anything to use. He concentrated solely on himself and directed mana to the area right beneath his feet. He couldn't see it, but a glyph appeared beneath him on the floor, and after enough mana had been concentrated, it began to emit a raging blast of red energy that surrounded him. His face was serene, but inside, he was about to burst from the sheer amount of power that was filling him. He remained oddly silent.

Klein waits.

Henry moves to H3.

"No worries, Mister Klein; I'll have that cleared up for you in a jiffy," Henry called out, but it seemed as though Klein was focusing on a technique of sorts. "Has Mister Klein learned a new trick, Miss Auza?" he asked her. It didn't seem like the sort of thing Klein typically did. Normally the guy was all ecstatic and waving his sword around and doing cool tricks and stuff. But this was definitely different. "Oh, listen to me yammer on. I have work to do, yes?" With that, he began to scrawl something else upon his parchment. They were words that would once again come to life, a series of runes appearing haphazardly around the meditating Klein. They blasted him with a searing light, but when they vanished, his eyesight had been completely restored.

"Hee, another job well done, if I do say so myself," Henry said confidently. He couldn't be absolutely sure it had worked; Klein was still focusing. But he just had a feeling.

Henry uses Enlightening Tale on Klein! [Removes Negative Status; Target: Blind]

MP: 29/45

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon May 23, 2011 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon May 23, 2011 11:05 am

Auza had also been caught in the dust storm, but there really wasn't anything that the dust could do to her. Just as soon as the dust touched her eyes, it was immediately turned into nothing, a sort of shield was preventing Auza from being blinded. When the dust storm died down, Auza raised her hand and pointed it at Klein's back. "Titans of the north, bestow your protection upon this one, and prevent any illness that comes his way! Bonds of Protection!" Auza chanted, and like before, a purple glyph appeared, only this time on Klein's back. It glowed once and then faded away, although the magic was definitely there.

"Do your usual," Auza said, waving her hand in dismissal, "You can't be blinded now, so make yourself useful."

Auza casts Bonds of Protection on Klein! Grants Immunity to most negative status effects for 3 turns.

MP: 26/60
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 11:38 am

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} { } {C} { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {w} C
{w} {D} {R} { } {w} D
{w} { } {K} {C} {w} E
{w} { } {A} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } {H} { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Auza's Protect has 2 turns left.

Klein's Arcana - Rage has 3 turns.

Klein's Immunity has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Carry casts Terr on Renee! 18 Earth Dmg! (INT)

MP: 58/80

The hobgoblin grimaced and shook a threatening fist at the swarm of enemies. "Foiled me again, did you? Blasphemy! What witchcraft! Witches, all of you!" He paused his nonsensical rant and pointed at the Renee. "Such a scary face this one has. It scares Carry. It scares him, yes. Earth, please protect Carry," he said with a smile, his eyes closed in glee. The ground right beneath Renee rumbled and a small spike of earth burst out, slashing her legs.

"Carry warned you," the creature said and shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Carry waits.

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} { } {C} { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {w} C
{w} {D} {R} { } {w} D
{w} { } {K} {C} {w} E
{w} { } {A} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } {H} { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Carry's Power Break has 1 turn left!

Neutral Phase.

Danzel moves to B2.

"Hey, the little guy actually said something funny," Danzel said slyly and smirked as he rushed over next to the hobgoblin, patting it on the head. "Sadly, I'm not too pleased with getting shit in my eye," he snarled suddenly and lashed out at the demon with his dagger, slicing up his arms rather badly.

Danzel uses Steal Action on Carry! 16 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Disable]

MP: 67/75

Claire moves to D4.

"He seems a bit too happy...," Claire murmured as she made a rather frightening face at the demon. "How's about this? You so confident now, you little bastard?!" she growled suddenly, her voice sounding just about as scary as her face looked, though it probably couldn't top how scary Renee seemed to the creature.

Claire uses Steal Courage on Carry! [Chance of Fear]

MP: 69/75

Renee moves to B4.

"Leave some for me, Danzel! This little shit is gonna pay now if he wasn't already going to before!" she shouted angrily, dodging around it with dagger at the ready. With a flourish and a rather malevolent smile upon her face, she hacked and slashed at the demon's arms like an expert, aiming to render him completely useless. If Danzel had failed to hit the mark, she'd try that much harder.

Renee uses Steal Action on Carry! 16 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Disable]

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} {D} {C} {R} {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {w} C
{w} { } { } {C} {w} D
{w} { } {K} { } {w} E
{w} { } {A} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } {H} { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Player Phase 3!

Klein (Arcane Knight) *ENHANCE GLYPH* *REDUCE GLYPH* *IMMUNITY* *ARCANA - RAGE*
Atk: 12 --- 14

Henry (Scribe) *BLIND*

Auza (Seal Witch)
MP: 26/60

Carry (Hobgoblin) *FEAR* *DISABLE*
HP: 50/110

Danzel (Thief)

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)
HP: 66/75

Klein moves to C3.

Klein's eyes shot open and realized he could see perfectly, not to mention Auza's magic would now protect him from any further debilitation of the sort. He grinned. "Thanks a bunch, Henry!" he called out to the younger fellow. "My sight hasn't been so grand in quite some time." He took a few steps closer to the rather frightened hobgoblin. "I noticed you didn't touch my back this time, Auza." He paused and slashed at the demon before him with his usual energetic movements. "No need to be shy next time!" he said loudly and let out a drawn-out laugh. He was tempted to give her a thumb's up, but...he knew what the outcome would be of that, so decided to stay his hand.

Klein attacks Carry! 2 hits! 15 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Henry moves to F4.

"Glad to hear it, Mister Klein, but I'd rather not have to expend mana to heal the injuries Miss Auza will inflict upon you, so do watch your words," he called out to his ally with unease. He glanced over at Auza. She was one of the nicest women he had come across...well, to him anyway. But it seemed she had problems with the rather trying Mister Klein. He supposed it was a clash of personalities, but at this point, he couldn't help but fear for Mister Klein's safety. He chuckled slightly to himself, obviously a bit nervous, taking a moment to dig at his eyes. There was still some dirt in them, but clearing his vision wasn't important at the moment. He had to focus on supporting his allies.

"Oh, Miss Renee! If that injury is bothering you, just come a bit nearer and I can patch you right up," he called out to the thief that had sustained a rather good bit of a damage from the hobgoblin's spell.

Henry waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon May 23, 2011 2:43 pm

"If you want," Auza started, glaring at Klein, "I can paralyze you from the waist down." She held up her beads, as if threatening him with them. Auza didn't really see the need to help the others any further. She had done quite enough, the enemy goblin was sure to be downed in just a little while longer. However, she may as well ease the process.

"You might want to dodge this," Auza warned, throwing her beads forward. They immediately stopped and hovered in midair, a glyph appearing in the center of the open circle. This glyph was different from the others, it was colored black and had many different runes surrounding the edges. "To the Edge of Oblivion, I command thee! Strike my foe with the cursed sword of your wrath!" Auza's glyph seemed to draw in the energy surrounding her and focus it into one point in the glyph. Then a burst of white and black energy shot forth, curving around Klein and landing directly on the hobgoblin, eating away at it's stamina.

Auza casts Demi on Carry! 21 Int Dark DMG!

MP: 6/60
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Carry takes 19 Dmg!

HP: 31/110

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} {D} {C} {R} {w} B
{w} { } {K} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } {C} {w} D
{w} { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } {A} {H} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Auza's Protect has 1 turn left.

Klein's Arcana - Rage has 2 turns left.

Klein's Immunity has 2 turns left.

Enemy Phase.

Carry waits.

"Scary...scary...they try to scare me...and slash poor Carry's arms so he's useless...," the creature lamented, swinging his limp arms around getting blood all over the floor. "Carry only tries to do his job the best he can...and this is how he gets paid. Hmph. Carry will just go back to Hell then. Sick of this place anyway." The hobgoblin continued to mutter to himself as he awaited the chance to strike back...or for his inevitable demise.

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} {D} {C} {R} {w} B
{w} { } {K} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } {C} {w} D
{w} { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } {A} {H} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Carry is free from Power Break!

Carry is Disabled for 2 more turns!

Carry is no longer Frightened!

Neutral Phase.

Danzel attacks Carry! 15 Dmg! (ATK)

Danzel stabbed the creature in the side ruthlessly. "Stop yammering to yourself and die already," the thief stated flatly, clearly displeased with the creature's odd vitality. It was taking getting knifed all over the place a little bit too well for his tastes. A normal enemy would be writhing and screaming in pain. What was up with this weird demon?

Danzel waits.

Claire waits.

"The hallway's kinda small," Claire said, her voice rather quiet as she looked around, smiling uneasily.

Renee attacks Carry! 15 Dmg! (ATK)

Renee hesitates!

"It's fine, Claire. We've got all the stabbing under control. You just relax," Renee responded, slashing at the creature like Danzel was, only to wind up staying her hand at the end. She found her thoughts muddled for a moment before shaking her head, wondering what she had been doing when she remembered the boy's comment. "And I've suffered worse injuries than this, so I'll be okay, kid," she called out a reply to Henry letting him know not to worry. Moving closer to him would only make the pain in her legs that much worse anyway.

Renee waits.

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} {D} {C} {R} {w} B
{w} { } {K} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } {C} {w} D
{w} { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } {A} {H} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Player Phase 4!

Henry (Scribe) *BLIND*

Auza (Seal Witch)

Carry (Hobgoblin) *DISABLE*
HP: 27/110

Danzel (Thief)

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

Klein shivered as Auza unleashed her attack. He was lucky she had such great control over her powers or he would be suffering quite a bit at the moment. He turned around and grinned at her uneasily. "J-just joking, just joking...," he tried to assure her, his voice a bit shaky. "Klein will just keep Klein's stupid comment's to Klein's stupid self...heh...heh heh," he said, mimicking Carry's use of the third person before actually turning around and slashing the pitiful hobgoblin, adding his own blows to that of the thieves.

Klein waits.

Henry waits.

"As you say, Miss Renee. If you need me, just give me a call and I shall perform my duties to the best of my extent. I'd like to think of myself as rather dependalbe, if I may say so," he said and held his ground. He kept his parchment and pen and ink out, ready to write some inspiring words if necessary. In the meantime, he couldn't believe how close he was to the book. Oh...I don't know if I'm happy about that; he's going to be pretty mad at Brygan...and at me..., he thought in despair.

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed May 25, 2011 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon May 23, 2011 6:16 pm

"Hurry it up, would you?" Auza snapped at Klein, getting irritated by his use of the third person. "Don't make me wait any longer that I have to." Auza scowled. It was typical of Klein to not only ruin her day but also hesitate and stall so that the enemy has a longer lifespan. As soon as the demon was felled, however, Auza would be sure to send it to Oblivion, so that she would never have to set eyes upon it again.

"All demons must be banished to a place far worse than the Underworld," Auza growled to herself, glaring fiercely at the hobgoblin that still lived.

Auza waits.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 25, 2011 4:07 pm

Carry takes 8 Dmg!

HP: 19/110

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} {D} {C} {R} {w} B
{w} { } {K} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } {C} {w} D
{w} { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } {A} {H} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Auza's Protect fades.

Klein's Arcana - Rage has 1 turn left.

Klein's Immunity has 1 turn left.

Enemy Phase.

Carry waits.

"No, no, no. Carry goes back to Hell, yes. No Void for Carry. Carry's heard crazy things about the Void. Carry much prefers Hell," the demon rambled. He was acting rather nonchalant for someone being stabbed and sliced to death. Demons were certainly rather...different.

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} {D} {C} {R} {w} B
{w} { } {K} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } {C} {w} D
{w} { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } {A} {H} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Carry is Disabled for 1 more turn!

Neutral Phase.

Danzel attacks Carry! 15 Dmg! (ATK)

Listening to the babbling demon was quite entertaining, but the thing was holding them up from getting to where HE truly wanted to be. Getting the boy his book back was great and all, but Brygan was right above them, sitting in his cozy little bedroom with that rotten demon cat lounging beside him to be sure. He hadn't seen Brygan in a long time, but Danzel had heard that he had put on some wait, giving up his dagger for an axe. He looked more like a barbarian and less like a thief. Danzel sighed and stowed his dagger away before retreating, stopping next to Auza.

"Hey, Claire, sweetheart. Why don't you come on over and get some licks in. Ol' Danzel here is gettin' kinda tired," he called out to the rather lost thief. It would only serve to speed this up to have everyone attacking when they could.

Danzel moves to F2.

Claire moves to B2.

Claire blushed and nodded to Danzel before rushing off to take his place. She came to a halt beside the demon and plunged her own dagger deep into his side. Her face was so serene and unfazed by the blood that leaked out, and she hesitated at removing her weapon from the demon's body, almost as if she were taking in the moment.

Claire attacks Carry! 15 Dmg! (ATK)

Renee attacks Carry! 15 Dmg! (ATK)

"Shut the hell up, you damn fool," Renee hissed at the demon as she stabbed him again. It was obvious that she wasn't as easily entertained as Danzel. "No one cares where you're going as long as you get the fuck out of the way."

Renee waits.

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} {C} {C} {R} {w} B
{w} { } {K} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } { } {w} D
{w} { } { } { } {w} E
{w} {D} {A} {H} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Player Phase 5!

Henry (Scribe)

Auza (Seal Witch)

Carry (Hobgoblin) *DISABLE* *CRITICAL*
HP: 7/110

Danzel (Thief)

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

Klein shivered and concentrated on fighting. "Sorry, man. But Auza wants this done, so it's time to get it done!" he exclaimed. He could feel the energy welling up inside of him. Bringing down his blade hard upon the demon's head, he quickly retracted it and rammed it into the demon's chest where a heart might have been. He didn't know anything about the anatomy of demons, but regardless of vital organs, getting stabbed with a pointy object would hurt.

Klein waits.

Henry waits.

"Way to wrap things up, Mister Klein!" Henry called out to the swordsman in encouragement. He looked over at Auza. "My apologies, Miss Auza. I know it does no good to encourage him, but my kindness gets ahold of me sometimes," he said to her in a quiet tone so that Klein wouldn't overhear. It would be pointless to give him words of praise, only to shatter his hopes with a distasteful statement.

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 25, 2011 4:21 pm

"And now, become ensnared by the Chains of Oblivion!" Auza suddenly shouted, throwing her hand forward, abandoning her beads. The wall behind the demon suddenly turned into a white abyss, shielding the actual wall from view. Then, multiple chains shot out of the white abyss and wrapped around the hobgoblin tightly, squeezing it until it's eyeballs began to pop out. A thin, black line then appeared in the center of the white wall, and the chains forced the tiny little demon to turn around and face it.

The black line split and opened, revealing a dark hole into which the demon was suddenly thrust into, the screams of the goblin echoing through the hallway. The "mouth" then closed and the white abyss faded away, revealing what was once there. The floor that was covered in demon blood had been wiped clean, as if the demon had never existed in the first place.

"Roam endlessly in the Abyss, never allowed to return to your home, demon," Auza said quietly, glaring at where the demon once was. "This is the fate that awaits all demons."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 25, 2011 4:34 pm

Carry takes 8 Dmg!

Carry KO!

Adios, Carry! Have fun in the Void!

{w} {w} {4} {w} {w} A
{w} {C} { } {R} {w} B
{w} { } {K} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } { } {w} D
{w} { } { } { } {w} E
{w} {D} {A} {H} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } {w} I
{w} {w} {3} {w} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5

Carry has been defeated and Henry is safe!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+6 - Hobgoblin x1
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Items used

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 14

Klein: 9/36 --- 23/36
Next Level: 23/36

Henry: 0/16 --- 14/16
Next Level: 14/16

Auza: 23/36 --- 37/36
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 1/36

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Auza
+0: Klein, Henry

The Party receives 46 Gold!

Items found:

---Herb x1

Edit your profile, please~~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The demon had vanished, no longer an obstruction to their path. All that was left was to open the door that was in front of them, and enter the workshop where only the gods knew what could possibly dwell within...

Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Renee was the haughty one, ramming into the door sending it flying back to slam into the wall before creaking a bit on its hinges. The group entered. Looking around, the place was an absolute disaster zone. The workshop itself was rather bare except for multiple work benches scattered about the room with jars full of odd things: eyeballs, strange plants, glowing crystals, and much more. A row of cabinets lined one side of the room, but they were all empty save one with more jars in it, though they were empty as well. Everything was covered in dust and myriad papers were scattered about. Danzel picked up a couple and looked them over. Some had notes written in pen while others were just merely splattered with blood. Danzel dropped the papers and continued to look around, noticing that there was blood splatter on the walls and floor, along with some of the benches. Symbols were drawn in the blood on some places. He stopped at the far end of the workshop.

"Dark magic was definitely practiced here, that's for sure," he called out. "Never been in here myself to see it, but....bleh. I kind of wish I didn't have to...," he said, his voice trailing off as he came to find something of interest on a nearby work bench. It was a tome. Danzel picked it up. The ebony cover was free of dust completely. It was a hardback book with no title whatsoever upon the cover or the spine...or the back, for that matter. He opened it to the first page and saw merely one word:

Ap..o...cry...ph..a..

He could barely make it out. "Yo, Henry. Is this your book?" the thief called out across the room, heading back to the others, waving the book in the air so Henry could see.

Henry's eyes lit up with uncontained joy. "That's it!! That's my book!!" Henry shouted. It was impossible for him to not express the happiness that was now building up within him. That happiness didn't last long, however. The book flew out of Danzel's hand and hovered over to the work bench he had picked it up from. In response, Danzel leapt back and took out his dagger. The book remained hovering in the air. A black silhouette wavered into and out of existence. Eventually, it decided to just appear. It was a shadowy phantom of sorts, holding the book out in front of it. Its form was constantly flowing, but distinguished parts of its body like its head, arms, and torso could be seen. Upon its apparent face rested two glowing red eyes that gazed uncarinly at the trespassers. It raised its hand into the air and the door to the workshop slammed shut and expanded, the now larger door turning as black as night. Two black figures emerged, one on each side of the door. Both looked rather bestial with perfectly round, solid yellow eyes. One possessed a mighty axe whilst the other slammed a hammer into the ground. It looked as though they couldn't part from the door.

"Should've figured we'd have our hands full with something, eh?" Klein exclaimed with a smirk, unsheathing his sword and entering a battle stance, his legs kept in movement as to keep his reflexes sharp. "We're getting that book back! Let's go!"

As if in response, the phantom let out what sounded like a laugh. It was most certainly on.

Chapter 01-G: Book Retrieval

Objective: Retrieve Henry's Book and defeat the Guardians of the Gate to escape while protecting Henry!

{w} {w} {c} {c} {c} {c} {c} {w} {w} A
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} B
{w} { } {b} {b} { } {b} {b} { } {w} C
{w} { } {b} {b} { } {b} {b} { } {w} D
{w} {L} { } { } {D} { } { } {C} {w} E
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} {w} F
{w} { } {b} {b} { } {K} { } { } {w} G
{w} { } {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } { } { } {H} { } {w} I
{w} {w} {w} {w} {G} {4} {4} {D} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Henry (Scribe)

Loerzel (Tome Guardian) *DOUBLECAST*
HP: 125/125
MP: 165/165
Atk: 5
Int: 13

Gauche (Guardian of the Gate)
HP: 100/100
Atk: 16
Def: 14
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Move: 0 cells

Droite (Guardian of the Gate)
MP: 140/140
Atk: 11
Def: 11
Int: 8
Spr: 13

Danzel (Thief)

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

{4} - East Hallway/Workshop Door (cannot be occupied)

{c} - Cabinet (cannot be occupied)

{b} - Work Bench (cannot be occupied)

Character may start in rows G-I, columns 5-8!

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed May 25, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Auza starts in H-7

"How very troublesome," Auza said, glaring at everything around her. She looked at Henry, her cold eyes showing nearly no emotion, as it was usual. However, she was a tiny bit concerned about Henry's position, it was far too close to the doors. "I will disable these wall-demons, so please just keep out of their reach for now," she said, nodding at the two demons hanging on the wall.

Auza glared at the demons now, "Foul creatures, your fates will all be the same! Oblivion!" Auza's temper seemed to be rising to incredibly high rates, and even now it seemed to rise even more. This might end up being dangerous.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Chapter 01-G: Book Retrieval

Objective: Retrieve Henry's Book and defeat the Guardians of the Gate to escape while protecting Henry!

{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} {w} F
{w} { } {b} {b} { } {K} { } { } {w} G
{w} { } {b} {b} { } { } {A} { } {w} H
{w} { } { } { } { } { } {H} { } {w} I

Henry (Scribe)

Auza (Seal Witch)
MP: 70/70
Def: 9

HP: 125/125
MP: 165/165

Gauche (Guardian of the Gate)
Atk: 16
Def: 14

Danzel (Thief)

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

Player Phase 1!

Klein moves to F4.

"Danzel, the phantom thing!" Klein proclaimed, pointing at the creature while he rushed towards it. He was sure Danzel would go after it, but he wanted to make sure they were on the same page. Klein skidded to a halt and surrounded himself quickly in a sphere of luminous holy mana before charging into the hovering phantom not too far away. He leapt back and swiped his hand through the air causing the remnants of his sphere to condense into swords that pierced the fell creature one after another.

Klein uses Burst Rush on Loerzel! 17 Holy Dmg! (ATK)
---Klein links Sword Shower! 6 hits! 14 Holy Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Henry moves to F7.

"Waaah!" Henry shouted as the creatures sprung out of the walls, their daunting weapons all the more menacing when that close. He could smell their foul breath; it wreaked of death. Without even thinking, he rushed away from the doors getting as far away as he could for the moment. "Sorry, Miss Auza. They certainly surprised me," he said in apology. "Don't get yourself hurt on my part. Let me aid you." With that, he quickly took out his parchment and pen and ink; he hadn't been expecting a big battle. Scrawling down the words quickly, he watched in content as the strange glyphs appeared around Auza, surrounding the girl in a green barrier.

Henry uses Prelude on Auza! [Bestows Protect]

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri May 27, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu May 26, 2011 2:36 pm

"What?" Auza looked back at Henry as if he had just insulted her. "Get hurt for someone else's sake? What kind of moron would do something so stupid?" Auza spun her head back around, her long black hair whipping around as well. She raised her beads that were wrapped around her right hand. "One life is not equal to another!" Auza's beads began to glow fiercely, her emotions definitely boosting the power of her magic.

"Protecting someone at the cost of the protector's life," Auza's gaze became even more fierce, "That's the kind of character I hate the most!" A blast of magic energy shot out of Auza's beads and immediately slammed into the nearest wall-demon, sealing its powers completely.

Auza casts Seal on Droite! Chance of Disable!

MP: 62/70
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Loerzel takes 39 Dmg! [1 hit misses]

HP: 86/125

Droite is Disabled!

{w} { } { } {K} { } { } {H} {R} {w} F
{w} { } {b} {b} { } { } { } { } {w} G
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} I

Auza's Protect has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

S-Ability Reverse Enlighten activates!

Danzel's S-Ability becomes Corrupt Knowledge!

Loerzel casts Shade Pyre on Klein! 14 Dmg! (INT) [Klein evades Burn] [Klein is Frail]

MP: 155/165

R-Ability Fruition activates! [Klein -2 MP][Recovers 2 MP]

MP: 157/165

Loerzel casts Shade Pyre on Klein! 14 Dmg! (INT) [Klein evades Burn] [Klein is already Frail]

MP: 147/165

R-Ability Fruition activates! [Klein -2 MP][Recovers 2 MP]

MP: 149/165

The phantom merely shook its head and held its hand out, open, facing Klein. "Random passers....this tome shall fall into your hands," the phantom spoke, its voice creamy smooth with a slight, natural hiss to it. It was a rather deep voice; it may have been male. With such a creature, it was difficult to tell. It laughed. "I suppose I could reward your futile efforts...," it spoke again and trailed off. A sphere of black fire appeared in front of its open hand and zoomed off towards Klein. It struck him hard, but another had materialized and followed the first. Little fragments of mana appeared in the air which the phantom absorbed towards it.

Loerzel moves to B2.

Gauche uses Augment! [ATK and DEF +10%]

MP: 65/75

Seeing its partner incapacitated with nothing much else to do, the demon concentrated and drew mana into its muscles to boost its stamina and strength. Should any decided to get close enough, there would be no mercy.

Gauche waits.

Droite waits.

{w} {L} { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } {D} { } { } {C} {w} E
{w} { } { } {K} { } { } {H} {R} {w} F
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} I

Droite is Disabled for 2 more turns!

Gauche's Augment has 5 turns!

Neutral Phase.

Danzel moves to B4.

Before the phantom had started its rant, Danzel cringed slightly. What the hell was that? Why do I feel weaker all of a sudden? he thought as he shook off the feeling and brandished his dagger. "No worries, Klein. I'm right with ya," he reassured. The monster had landed itself in the corner, so Danzel took the opportunity to draw nearer. It would either have to flee in Klein's direction or his, so at least it would get hurt either way. However....

"Yo, over here!" he shouted at it. When he had its attention, he unleashed the might of his scary face. It worked well with humans...but would it work against this thing? It was all he could do at the moment, and if it did work, it would have great effects.

Danzel uses Steal Courage on Loerzel! [Chance of Fear]

Claire moves to F5.

Claire dodged between everyone and wound up in the line of sight of the mighty axe-wielding demon in the wall. She assumed she was safe at that spot, but she had to charge in soon. It was a scary though, but she had to be confident in her evasive skills. Otherwise, they'd be stuck in a standstill.

Claire waits.

Renee moves to I8.

Renee growled and rushed right up to the disabled demon. The sword kid and Danzel had things under control where they were. It was inevitable that they would have to defeat these demons as well. "May as well get STARTED!" she shouted as she jammed her dagger into the beast.

Renee attacks Droite! 15 Dmg! (ATK)

{w} {L} { } {D} { } { } { } { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } { } {K} {C} { } {H} { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } {R} {w} I

Player Phase 2!

Klein (Arcane Knight) *ENHANCE GLYPH* *REDUCE GLYPH* *FRAIL*
HP: 36/50
MP: 17/45

Henry (Scribe)

Auza (Seal Witch)
MP: 62/70

HP: 86/125
MP: 149/165

Gauche (Guardian of the Gate) *AUGMENT*
HP: 97/100
Atk: 16 --- 18
Def: 14 --- 15

Droite (Guardian of the Gate) *DISABLE*
HP: 97/100

Danzel (Thief) *CORRUPT KNOWLEDGE*
Atk: 15 --- 14
Def: 8 --- 7
Int: 4 --- 3
Spr: 9 --- 8

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

Klein moves to E2.

Klein could see a scorch mark from where the fireballs had struck his armor. Black smoke billowed lazily into the air making him cough. He fanned it away with his hands before rushing after the fleeing phantom. "Oookay, wasn't expecting it to be easy, but that's some pretty dangerous magic!" Klein shouted uneasily, a grimace forming on his face. "Man, I hate spellcasters! Always running away! Stick around and fight, why don't ya?!" Klein came to a stop near the end of the room and formed a sphere of holy mana around himself again. With a roar, he charged into the phantom and leapt back, though he didn't even bother trying to continue his attack; he could feel the lack of mana within.

Klein uses Burst Rush on Loerzel! 17 Holy Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 7/45

Henry moves to F4.

"My apologies, Miss Auza; I should have realized that you wouldn't even dream of getting hurt at all," Henry said and bowed his head. "You use your skills and abilities so masterfully...my statement must have been offensive. Not to mention that even if you did get hurt, it would only be a miscalculation--not trying to protect someone." He took off after Klein who was in need of some support himself, sliding by Claire as he went. "Mister Klein, do take care not to get too reckless," the boy said as he scrawled something on his parchment. Green glyphs appeared around Klein and flashed. When they vanished, Klein was no longer weakened by the phantom's spells.

Henry uses Enlightening Tale on Klein! [Removes one negative status (Target: Frail)]

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri May 27, 2011 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri May 27, 2011 3:10 pm

"Just don't make that mistake again," Auza said, waving her hand through the air towards the wall-demon she had just disabled. Auza let out a small sigh, allowing her beads to control the flow of her mana. Auza then forced her palm forward, the beads clinking together as a result and a fine line of mana shooting out and attaching to the wall-demon. "I shall partake of your energy," Auza said quietly, "I shall drain your very spirit out of that door from which you hang!"

Auza casts Drain on Droite! Deletes 1/3 of the inflicted's mana and absorbs 1/2 of that as friendly mana for 3 turns if successful.

MP: 52/70

"That demon will not be able to do much by the time it can move once again," Auza told Renee, not even showing the slightest bit of emotion, "But you may need to disable it again to make sure it becomes useless." Auza then pointed to the other wall-demon, "I will disable this one shortly."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Loerzel takes 9 Dmg!

HP: 77/125

Droite evades Drain!

{w} {K} { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{w} { } { } {H} {C} { } { } { } {w} F

Auza's Protect has 2 turns left.

Enemy Phase.

Loerzel uses Mindflare! [INT +25%]

MP: 141/165

The phantom laughed at the approaching fighters. "Cornered like a rat...it appears you have me," it spoke slyly, snickering more as it did. A sudden burst of dark aura shrouded it and continued to blaze wildly. "We shall see how significant that fact it in due time."

Loerzel waits.

Gauche uses Augment! [ATK and INT +10%]

MP: 55/75

Once again, the enemies appeared apprehensive about approaching, which was a good thing for them, but left the demon unable to do anything except to bolster its abilities once again.

Gauche waits.

Droite waits.

{w} { } { } {H} {C} { } { } { } {w} F

Droite is Disabled for 1 more turn!

Gauche's Augment (I) has 2 more turns!

Loerzel's Mindflare has 3 turns!

Gauche's Augment (II) has 3 turns!

Neutral Phase.

Danzel moves to B3.

"I love it when they're cocky," Danzel said and smirked, rushing up to the phantom allowing him the close range he needed to unleash some of the more deadly attacks in his arsenal. Among those, he aimed quick precise slashes at the phantom's arm, knowing nothing of its anatomy, but hoping to render those particular limbs useless. Even if it didn't, he knew he'd be dealing damage either way.

Danzel uses Steal Action on Loerzel! 18 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Disable]

MP: 61/75

Claire moves to I5.

At seeing the demon in the wall strengthening itself once more, Claire hesitated. She wasn't sure of herself anymore. Would she be able to do it? She had one shot. Quickly, she rushed to the door and leapt up, a flurry of blows landing on each of the demon's arms before the girl landed on her feet. If the blows and landed where they needed to land, she wouldn't have to worry about being smacked around at all.

Claire uses Steal Action on Gauche! 17 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Disable]

Renee attacks Droite! 15 Dmg! (ATK)

Renee slashed at the helpless demon in front of her again. "As you say, witch. When the time comes, I'll make sure to leave it as defenseless as you have," she spoke harshly in response, but mainly wanted the girl to be reassured that she'd have it covered.

Renee waits.

{w} {L} {D} { } { } { } { } { } {w} B
{w} { } { } {H} { } { } { } { } {w} F
{w} { } { } { } {C} { } { } {R} {w} I

Player Phase 3!

Henry (Scribe)

Auza (Seal Witch)
MP: 52/70

Loerzel (Tome Guardian) *DOUBLECAST* *MINDFLARE*
HP: 67/125
MP: 141/165
Int: 13 --- 16

Gauche (Guardian of the Gate) *AUGMENT* *DISABLE*
HP: 93/100
Atk: 16 --- 18 --- 20
Def: 14 --- 15 --- 17

HP: 93/100

Atk: 15 --- 14 --- 13
Def: 8 --- 7 --- 6
Int: 4 --- 3 --- 2
Spr: 9 --- 8 --- 7

Claire (Thief)

Renee (Thief)

Klein moves to C2.

"Yeah, yeah! Less talk, and more action!" Klein exclaimed, his signature grin plastered onto his face. Finally catching up to this particular arrogant demon had made him happier than other times he had been in battle. He launched to slashes at the thing with his sword. It wouldn't fall easily, that was true, but they had to take it down as quickly as they could manage to get it down. "You might want to get ready, Henry; I think one of us is in for some hurt," he warned the boy that had alleviated him of his malady.

Klein attacks Loerzel! 2 hits! 13 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Henry waits.

"Of course, Mister Klein; I'll do my best to keep up!" he affirmed. He wasn't sure who the demon would attack, but he decided to reserve some mana for the inevitable healing that would need to take place. His eyes solemnly fell upon the book for a moment. I can't help but wonder why Vincent has yet to stir...perhaps this is the demon's doing? he thought. He couldn't help being distracted by the fact.

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri May 27, 2011 5:23 pm

That was odd. The demon seemed to resist Auza's magic, and even repel it's effects entirely. Auza frowned, turning back to the wall-demon she had disabled before. Her previous magic was starting to wear off, and it wound't be long before it began helping its allies. That would be troublesome. "Take heed," Auza proclaimed, raising her beads once again, "No beast nor demon has ever been able to resist my magic twice!" Auza slashed her beads through the air this time, sending out a much larger blast of mana at the wall demon. As soon as the thread of her mana attached to the demon, Auza pulled back on her beads, attempting to once again absorb the mana of the wall-demon.

Auza casts Drain on Droite!

MP: 42/70

"As the other thief has already disabled the othedoor, I see no need to move from my spot," Auza explained, giving Claire an emotionless look.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Loerzel takes 10 Dmg!

HP: 57/125

Droite evades Drain!

{w} {L} {D} { } { } { } { } { } {w} B
{w} {K} {b} {b} { } {b} {b} { } {w} C
{w} { } { } { } {C} { } { } {R} {w} I

Auza's Protect has 1 turn left.

Enemy Phase.

Loerzel uses Trigger Command: Wall Roulette! [Substitute Unique Move Action]

The phantom let out a loud guffaw which sounded more like a crazed grumbling sound. "The witch thinks herself so great, eh?" the creature snarled, pointing at Auza. "These gate demons are of MY creation; your petty mortal magic won't have too much of an affect on them." With that said, it fazed into the nearby wall, turning it a black color covered in what appeared to be crimson vine designs covered in thorns. Every wall in the room turned the same color for a brief moment before it emerged from the wall somewhere behind Klein, close to the entrance.

"Please stop damaging my creations," it spoke simply, holding a hand out towards Claire. Two spheres of black fire shot out towards the thief, one after another, striking her fiercely and burning her.

Loerzel casts Shade Pyre on Claire! 18 Dmg! (INT) [Claire is Burned][Claire is Frail]

MP: 131/165

R-Ability Fruition activates! [Claire -4 MP][+4 MP Recovered]

MP: 135/165

Loerzel casts Shade Pyre on Claire! 18 Dmg! (INT) [Claire is Severely Burned][Claire is already Frail]

MP: 125/165

Gauche waits.

Droite waits.

{w} { } {D} { } { } { } { } { } {w} B
{w} {L} { } { } {C} { } { } {R} {w} I

Droite is no longer Disabled!

Gauche's Augment (I) has 1 turn left!

Loerzel's Mindflare has 2 turns left!

Gauche's Augment (II) has 2 turns left!

Gauche is Disabled for 2 more turns!

Neutral Phase.

Danzel moves to D5.

"Shit. Claire!" Danzel shouted as he watched the female thief get torched by the phantom's magic. Deep inside, he was glad it wasn't him, but Claire didn't deserve such brutality. Sheesh. It couldn't target Klein? He's a hearty fellow; he could take it, Danzel thought as he navigated his way around the bench in pursuit of the phantom.

Danzel waits.

Claire takes 18 Dmg!

HP: 57/75

Claire moves to I3.

Claire had been holding herself after the onslaught from the phantom, but her body twitched suddenly. She gazed up at the creature, her eyes vacant, and dashed up to it with dagger at the ready. Her body became obscured by a cloud of smoke. Flashes of light could be seen in the cloud which had now enveloped the creature as well. When the smoke cleared, Claire could be seen standing in front of it dramatically. The creature wasn't looking too well.

"I'll damage whatever the hell I'll please, you cocky mother fucker," she growled.

Claire uses Smoke Bomb!

Claire uses Trigger Command: Seven Slashes on Loerzel! 7 hits! 12 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Claire suffers from Severe Burn! 13 Dmg!

HP: 44/75

Renee uses Steal Action on Droite! 17 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Disable]

"Didn't know you had it in you, Claire!" Renee cheered, a slight grin on her face. She thrust at the demon that had regained its strength in front of her in hopes that she could debilitate it. It was easier to deal with the phantom without these demons lashing out at the party.

Renee waits.

{w} { } {b} {b} {D} {b} {b} { } {w} D
{w} {L} {C} { } { } { } { } {R} {w} I

Claire is Severely Burned for 2 more turns!

Claire is Frail for 2 more turns!

Player Phase 4!

Henry (Scribe)

Auza (Seal Witch)
MP: 42/70

Loerzel (Tome Guardian) *DOUBLECAST* *MINDFLARE*
HP: 33/125
MP: 125/165

HP: 87/100
Atk: 16 --- 18 --- 20
Def: 14 --- 15 --- 17

HP: 87/100

Atk: 15 --- 14 --- 13 --- 12
Def: 8 --- 7 --- 6 --- 5
Int: 4 --- 3 --- 2 --- 1
Spr: 9 --- 8 --- 7 --- 6

Claire (Thief) *SEVERE BURN* *FRAIL*
HP: 44/75
MP: 59/75

Renee (Thief)

Klein moves to F2.

"Well, well! It's good that she can take care of herself, 'cause this thing is only good at running!" Klein taunted the phantom creature that Claire had done quite a number on. He moved after the creature, but stopped short. He couldn't quite reach it yet. He glanced over at Henry who was already scribbling something down on his scroll. Now there's a boy with a head on his shoulders! Klein thought happily, entering a defensive stance.

Klein waits.

Henry moves to F3.

"That's the way to show him, Miss Claire. Allow me to help you out," Henry said, clearly pleased at the thief's creativity. He had already been scrawling on his scroll, and the runes arose from it and swirled about the thief. They stopped in their tracks around her and flashed really brightly before vanishing altogether. With their disappearance, Claire's burn was completely removed. "That should be a good start; I'll make sure to have you good and patched up," he said and smiled.

Henry uses Enlightening Tale on Claire! [Target: Severe Burn]

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:51 pm

A vein on Auza's forehead popped, her expression changed from calm to angry in a mere split second after she heard the demon speak to her. Auza gripped her beads tightly, with almost enough force to break the few beads in her closed palm. Auza glared at Lorzel her very eyes wishing death upon the demon.

"Petty magic?" Auza seemed pissed. "Learn your place, foul demon!" Auza shouted, stamping her foot firmly on the ground as she glared at Lorzel. "You shall never set foot in the world of the living again when I'm through with you. I suggest you pray, but even then you will not escape my wrath!" Auza waved her beads through the air, aiming her magic at the door demon that Renee had failed to disable. Large tendrils of Auza's magic shot out of her beads and latched onto the demon. "Your servants will only get in my way, but don't worry." Auza's eyes flashed red for an instant as she glared at Lorzel, who had garnered all of her hatred. "You'll be the first to reach the Void."

Auza casts Seal on Droite! Chance of Disable!

MP: 34/70
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Droite evades Disable!

{w} {K} {H} { } { } { } { } { } {w} F

Auza's Protect fades.

Enemy Phase.

Loerzel casts Shade on Claire! 19 Dark Dmg! (INT) [Target evasion -30%]

MP: 116/165

MP: 120/165

Loerzel casts Shade on Claire! 19 Dark Dmg! (INT) [Target evasion -30%]

MP: 110/165

MP: 114/165

Claire's unexpected assault upon the phantom creature left it speechless for but mere moments before it lifted its head and glared at her with an obvious hatred. "So, you attack whatever it is you please, eh? Then I shall apply the same philosophy to myself!" the creature growled and lifted its tome, the pages flapping back and forth with an unknown energy. The words written within began to glow, black in hue. A cloud of darkness formed over the thief that had so bravely lashed back at him, swallowing her whole. Upon that thick veil of shadows, another was cast, causing the thief to crumple to her knees under the weight of the dark magic.

"That looks a more fitting place for such an insolent bitch such as yourself. On your knees," Loerzel leered down at his prey with a smirk of content.

Loerzel waits.

Gauche waits.

Droite uses Reduce on Renee! [Target ATK and INT -10%]

MP: 131/140

Now free of binding, the gate guardian was prepared to unleash her wrath. In her immediate vicinity, a red aura began to grow, one that clung to the nearby thief. The aura flashed and shocked the target, sparks of red filling the air as they sapped away the strength of their victim.

Droite waits.

Gauche's Augment (I) fades.

Loerzel's Mindflare has 1 turn left!

Gauche's Augment (II) has 1 turn left!

Gauche is Disabled for 1 more turn!

Neutral Phase.

Danzel moves to H5.

Seeing that the phantom creature was far out of reach, and that Claire was unleashing a can of whoop ass on it, Danzel decided to change targets. He'd pick up where Claire left off with slowly hacking away at what appeared to be an amazing amount of stamina that the gate guardians possessed. Still, as he dashed along the cluttered floor of the workshop, he felt his body grow ever weaker. Damn, there is seriously something wrong with me...did that thing do something to me? he thought as he came to stop, inspecting himself. He appeared fine, but the feeling of weakness would not dissipate.

Danzel waits.

Claire takes 20 Dmg!

HP: 24/75

Claire's Evasion is reduced by 60%!

Claire is no longer afflicted with Severe Burn!

Claire uses Steal Mobility on Loerzel! 19 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Immobilize]

MP: 51/75

Claire glared right back at the creature from the position on her knees. If looks could kill, there would no longer be a demon floating before her. Not even taking the time for words, she gripped her dagger tightly and slashed upwards--the creature had no legs, so she wasn't sure what sort of effect her skill would have upon it, but there was always hope. Always.

"Shroud me in darkness all you like, beast. I won't stand by and be subjugated by the likes of you!" she shouted back at it, hating that cocky grin upon its visage. She wished she could just carve its face right off of its head. Perhaps at some point.

Claire waits.

Renee's ATK and INT are reduced by 10%!

Renee shrugged off the daunting shock of the mysterious aura. "Cheap tricks like that are better left to thieves like us," she said and plunged her dagger into the guardian's arm with surprising force. She was certain that she didn't have as much umph behind her attack as before, but she wasn't about to let that stop her from doing what she could.

Renee uses Steal Action on Droite! 17 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Disable]

Renee waits.

{w} { } {b} {b} {D} { } {A} { } {w} H

Claire's Frail for 1 more turn!

Claire's Evasion reduction has 2 turns left!

Renee's ATK and INT reduction has 2 turns left!

Player Phase 5!

Henry (Scribe)

Auza (Seal Witch)
MP: 34/70

Loerzel (Tome Guardian) *DOUBLECAST* *MINDFLARE* *CRITICAL* *IMMOBILIZE*
HP: 22/125
MP: 114/165

HP: 81/100
Atk: 16 --- 18
Def: 14 --- 15

HP: 81/100
MP: 131/140

Atk: 15 --- 14 --- 13 --- 12 --- 11
Def: 8 --- 7 --- 6 --- 5 --- 4
Int: 4 --- 3 --- 2 --- 1 --- 0
Spr: 9 --- 8 --- 7 --- 6 --- 5

Claire (Thief) *FRAIL* *EVASION -60%*
HP: 24/75
MP: 51/75

Renee (Thief)
Atk: 13 --- 12
Int: 4 --- 3

Klein moves to H2.

On its last legs--not literally, of course--Klein was prepared to deliver the finishing strokes upon the creature. They were so close to getting Henry's book back. Just one douchebag of a demon stood in the way along with its twisted creations. "Time to return what doesn't belong to you!" Klein shouted as he rushed forward with blade at the ready. He deftly struck the creature with two fierce slashes before entering a defensive stance. He wasn't sure if the creature would launch a counterattack at him; it seemed more focused on Claire. Klein honestly felt sorry for her, but she could really hold her own. Then again, anyone who could stab themselves and act like it was nothing was sure to have some significant strength within them.

Klein attacks Loerzel! 2 hits! 13 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Henry waits.

Claire's condition was a rather horrible one, but no matter how hard he tried to cast his healing magic upon her, the effects could not be seen. It must have been due to the phantom creature's dark magic. From the looks of it, Claire was starting to overcome it. If she could just hang on for a little longer... "Miss Claire, give it all you've got! I know you have the strength to fight on!" the young boy shouted his words of encouragement knowing it was easier said than done, especially against such a dangerous enemy.

Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:44 am

"This is getting very old." Auza murmured. She glared at the strange demon being pinned into the corner by Klein and Claire. She should take advantage of it's position while she could, that's what Auza thought. Auzaa took a few steps forward and turned towards the demon, holding up both of her hands, her legs spread to shoulder-length (which wasn't that far apart, to be honest). Auza focused her mana to the spot in the very center of her body, an ominous, black aura emanating from her skin where the mana leaked.

"Vessaliu Goun Shihahi," Auza chanted, "Oh Eclipse, Guardian Eagle of the Void, hear my plea! Give me your power and destroy the enemy in front of me!" The mana that leaked from Auza's skin soon disappeared, the black aura going with it. Instead, a small, black orb began to form by Auza's palm, condensing an enormous amount of destructive power.

"One of the ancient destruction magics, Demi!" Auza growled, glaring at the demon. The condensed orb of mana split in half, revealing a pure white interior that shined an incredibly powerful light in front of Auza, like a flashlight would. The white interior began to leak out, slowly at first but gaining speed. Then, the white mana suddenly lunged forward, streaking across the battlefield and engulfing the demon. The white mana attack had swerved around Claire at the very last second to his only the demon. The white mana exploded on impact, causing severe damage to the already-injured demon.

Auza moves to I-7

Auza casts Demi on Row I, Columns 1-6! 21 Int Dark DMG! Hits Loerzel for 11 DMG!

14/70 MP
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next