Normality, Shattered

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Eagle shook his head as the cloud of Craze left him, and he blinked, curious about how they had come to victory. He had blacked out for quite some time, and at first he thought it a ploy of the prior enemies, but he felt as though something were different.

"The Craze," Marya spoke up softly. She was standing next to Eagle now with a hand on his shoulder. She had recognized his look of stupor for she remember wearing that very same expression after she had succumbed to the Craze...and realized what she had done as a result--what she could have done to her friends.

"So that was the Craze? You know it was the strangest thing," Eagle replied, his voice soft. It was clear that he was still quite bewildered. "Just before I blacked out I felt like something was offering something to me...was it power? It didn't speak with words. I just felt it. Suffusing my mind. I wanted to give in." He went silent for a clear minute. "And I guess I did."

"Adriane do you think you can magic up some tea for Eagle? I don't think he's fully recovered yet," Marya asked of the maid. It would take her special magic to get this poor guy feeling himself again, plus his wounds hadn't fully healed yet. He had endured quite a beating in that battle whereas Marya was practically unscathed.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:11 pm

As Eagle came out of the Craze still looking a bit worse for wear, Adriane reached into her tote bag. She clutched the bottle of medicine she always carried with her – the family recipe she had used twice already. It would set him at right, but could it really mend his wounds? Or at least the ones that might be lying beneath the surface... in his head? The maid wondered silently if the Craze had other side effects that maybe none of them could notice. She nodded in response to Marya's questioning and shook the thoughts free from her head. Perhaps it was nothing more than musing. She uncapped the bottle and, with a whirl of her feather duster, directed a tablespoon-sized dosage over to the warrior.

"The Gundershine Miracle Tonic. It's a little bitter but swallow it and you'll instantly feel better. Always worked at home – I have to imagine it works twice as well if not better here," she explained clearly. Ruby eyes drifted to each of the other party members. None of them were injured nearly as bad as Eagle, but no one had really managed to go unscathed. She waved her feather duster once more and suddenly four more draughts floated out of the bottle and over to each party member. "In fact, everyone should have some. It helps keep you feeling right as rain." She opened her mouth and swallowed the medicine. The taste did not bother her. She kept her visage passively determined. "We might need it if we run into more of those thugs."

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:46 pm

Eagle admitted the magic tea sounded better than this strange medicine that was hovering in front of him but for the sake of feeling better, and he desperately needed to feel better, he grabbed the teaspoon and gulped down the contents.  His face contorted, a dismayed look upon his visage.  This Adriane was not kidding when she said the tonic was bitter.  He had liquor that went down smoother than this medicine.  However, as he examined himself, he noticed his physical wounds were nothing but history now.  Even his mind felt a bit clearer.

He watched everyone else down theirs, and was pleased to see similar expressions for everyone...except Turner, which wasn't surprising.  With his age there's no telling what foul substances might have crossed his palette.  

"Thank you, Adriane.  Though terrible in taste, your tonic is definitely effective.  I can see why you have such confidence in it," Eagle replied with a warm smile and a bow of his head towards the maid.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but these thugs are like an infestation," Turner said suddenly trudging along the sands before coming to a halt ahead of the group.  "Where there are few, there are a great many.  Seems like they're pretty much waiting to get more people for their circus.  Come along, we really must hurry now.  The longer we dally here, the chances of another encounter happening will increase, granted I guarantee for now this will not be the last we see of them."

That said, and with everyone's tonic taken, the group made its way across the sands away from the corpses left behind.  It was a good thing that this section of the lake shore was barred off from the general public.  After a while of walking, the group noticed large stones starting to protrude from the shore, and jagged outcrops out in the water.  There was likely to be some lake shore caves about but there was certainly no time to explore, let alone wonder what dangers might lie within.

Besides, there were already dangers...all around them.

Marya quivered as she noticed a strange man standing ahead of them in the distance.  He was garbed in black robes glittering with sand like stardust.  His form was skeletal like he was malnourished, face sunken and sallow.  He was bald and his scalp was covered in black tattoos.  His ears were pierced several times over--he was quite well-adorned.  All around them were what could only be described as the undead--tortured souls trapped within decaying bodies.  They stood at the ready as if being commanded.  Another person walked out from behind the robed man.  She was dressed much like the sand dancers from before and shared some similar traits like dark skin and coarse hair, and she wasn't afraid of jewelry either with her dangling bangles and necklaces made of gold.

"You've got some nerve just waltzing through our domain.  It's okay though, you'll be regretting it very soon," the sand dancer snarled as she readied for battle along with her apparent cohorts.

Chapter 02-B: Sand Trap

Location: Lake Tamaris - Rockstrewn Shore

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } { } {K} {G} { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } {3} { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{~} {4} { } { } {M} {E} { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } { } {C} {T} { } { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} {1} { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Marya
HP: 40/40
MP: 25/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 12
Def: 8
Int: 3
Spr: 5
Evade: 21%
Move: 4 cells

Eagle *WIND RESIST +10%*
HP: 45/45
MP: 25/25
DD: 2/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 10
Def: 7
Int: 2
Spr: 7
Evade: 15%
Move: 4 cells

Turner
HP: 15/15
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
CG: 0/50
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Claire *MP COST -10%*
HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
DD: 3/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Gibbon (Sand Necromancer)
HP: 40/40
MP: 60/60
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Kairin (Sand Dancer)
HP: 50
MP: 50
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 5
Evade: 8%
Move: 4 cells

1 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

2 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

3 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

4 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

{~} - Lake Shallows
[On Occupy: Move -1]

{r} - Jagged Rock
[No Occupy]
[Block Projectiles]

Players may start in rows H-I!


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Adriane starts at I6!

Adriane nodded politely in response to Eagle's compliment. She really couldn't take credit for the effectiveness. The tonic had been in her family quite a long time – her great aunt was the oldest person the maid could recall using it. Even so, the recipe was far older than her. As they continued their venture along the lakeside, Adriane made a mental note to delve into her family history at the soonest opportunity.

When the eerie-looking man came into view, the maid's brow furrowed. "He's certainly a looker," she quipped under her breath. Then she noticed the corpses. A frown. She looked to her allies and asked, "Quite the pleasant company he keeps. I don't suppose we could offer them some tea and keep moving?" The woman's appearance answered the question for her. The maid sighed. A battle it was then.

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:45 pm

Chapter 02-B: Sand Trap

Location: Lake Tamaris - Rockstrewn Shore

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } { } {K} {G} { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } {3} { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{~} {4} { } { } {M} {E} { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } { } {C} {T} {A} { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} {1} { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Marya
HP: 40/40
MP: 25/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 12
Def: 8
Int: 3
Spr: 5
Evade: 21%
Move: 4 cells

Eagle *WIND RESIST +10%*
HP: 45/45
MP: 25/25
DD: 2/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 10
Def: 7
Int: 2
Spr: 7
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Turner
HP: 15/15
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
CG: 0/50
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Claire *MP COST -10%*
HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
DD: 3/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Adriane (Maid) *HEAL GIVEN +20%* *MP COST -10%* *SUPP MP COST -15%*
HP: 25/25
MP: 40/40
DD: 2/10
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Gibbon (Sand Necromancer)
HP: 40/40
MP: 60/60
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Kairin (Sand Dancer)
HP: 50
MP: 50
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 5
Evade: 8%
Move: 4 cells

1 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

2 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

3 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

4 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

{~} - Lake Shallows
[On Occupy: Move -1]

{r} - Jagged Rock
[No Occupy]
[Block Projectiles]

Player Phase 1!

Marya uses Adept Claw! [Basic Attacks +1]

MP: 17/25

Marya waits.

Marya honed her claws but made no move.  The enemy had them completely surrounded much like the last time but it was a far tighter circle and there were slightly more enemies this time.  The terrain was not in their favor.

"What's the plan?  Usually I'd just go out and kick butt but I'm getting some creepy vibes from the robed guy," Marya spoke in a hushed voice to her allies.

* * *

"We're going to have to turtle up and bunker down here.  If we're going to protect Claire and Turner, we can't spread out and destroy.  We're going to have to let them close in and then defeat them one by one," Eagle instructed. "So buff up now because they probably won't hesitate."

Eagle uses Tailwind! [Bestows Haste]

MP: 17/25

S-Ability Wind's Blessing activates! [Haste duration doubled]

Eagle waits.

* * *

Turner uses Investment! [30 Cash Lost]

MP: 8/20

"Don't worry too much about me at least.  I might have lost my edge but I can still maintain."

Turner waits.

* * *

Claire casts Aether Rocket on 4!  8 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 25/30

Claire waits.

"They're already so close.  We don't have long..." Claire muttered.  She had never seen a corpse move on its own before....at least not in real life.  Only in the movies had she witnessed such a thing.  It didn't come as too much of a shock to her that it was possible what with all the magic that was held in her realm.  But even still...


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:35 am

Adriane moves to H4!

The others did not jump into battle immediately and that worried her a bit. Although it was the smart thing to do, she couldn't help but wonder if it wasn't smarter to start swinging before the going got tough. At least then they might be able to tip the scales in their favor number-wise. But the others did not spring into action... well, except for Claire.

Seeing the young girl fire off a rocket of energy at the nearest corpse, Adriane quickly slid over to her side and tapped her. All at once her magic worked its way into the girl's body and sharpened her reflexes. "That will help just in case it decides to get up close and personal with you," she relayed, "I would still be careful, though."

Adriane casts Up and Atem' on Claire! Claire's evasion increases by 20% for the next three turns!

Adriane
MP: 34/40

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:26 am

4 takes 4 Dmg!

HP: 26/30

Chapter 02-B: Sand Trap

Location: Lake Tamaris - Rockstrewn Shore

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } { } {K} {G} { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } {3} { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{~} {4} { } {A} {M} {E} { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } { } {C} {T} { } { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} {1} { } { } { } {2} { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Marya's Adept Claw has 3 turns.

Eagle's Haste has 6 turns.

Turner has made an Investment.

Claire's Up and Atem has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Gibbon casts Sand Arrow on Eagle!  11 Dmg! (INT) [Eagle DODGES]

MP: 52/60

Gibbon waits.

"That is rather unfortunate..."

Kairin moves to E5.

"Here we go!"

Kairin attacks Marya!  8 Dmg! (ATK)

1 shuffles over to J4.

1 attacks Claire!  9 Dmg! (ATK)

2 shuffles over to J6.

2 waits.

3 shuffles over to G7.

3 waits.

4 shuffles over to I3.

4 attacks Claire!  9 Dmg! (ATK) [Claire DODGES]

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } { } { } {G} { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } {K} { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } {3} { } { } { } G
{~} { } { } {A} {M} {E} { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } {4} {C} {T} { } { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } {1} { } {2} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Player Phase 2!

Marya *BA +1*
HP: 39/40
MP: 17/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 12
Def: 8
Int: 3
Spr: 5
Evade: 21%
Move: 4 cells

Eagle *WIND RESIST +10%* *HASTE*
HP: 45/45
MP: 25/25
DD: 2/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 10
Def: 7
Int: 2
Spr: 7
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Turner *INVESTMENT [33]*
HP: 15/15
MP: 8/20
DD: --/--
CG: 3/50
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Claire *MP COST -10%*
HP: 8/15
MP: 25/30
DD: 4/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Adriane (Maid) *HEAL GIVEN +20%* *MP COST -10%* *SUPP MP COST -15%*
HP: 25/25
MP: 34/40
DD: 2/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Gibbon (Sand Necromancer)
HP: 40/40
MP: 52/60
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Kairin (Sand Dancer)
HP: 50
MP: 50
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 5
Evade: 8%
Move: 4 cells

1 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

2 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

3 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

4 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 26/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

{~} - Lake Shallows
[On Occupy: Move -1]

{r} - Jagged Rock
[No Occupy]
[Block Projectiles]


* * *

Marya moves to E6.

Marya attacks Gibbon!  2 hits!  12 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

"All right creepy guy is going down first!  Eagle, can you handle the corpses?"

* * *

Eagle moves to I2.

"I would be embarrassed if I had to say I couldn't!  But I can."

Eagle attacks 4!  2 hits!  10 Wind Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Eagle uses Hraesvelg's Wing!  Hits 1 and 4!  18 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 1/25

* * *

Turner waits.

"Sorry I am not much help this time.  Money-making takes a lot more magic than you'd think."

* * *

Claire moves to H2.

Claire cracks open a Soda! [+20 HP Recovered]

"What in the world is IN this thing?  I feel so much better!"


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 am

Adriane attacks 1! 9 Int Damage!

Swish and flick. A flurry of rose-colored feathers flew at the first corpse to attack Claire – the only one that actually hit the poor girl. Adriane remained perfectly poised, eyeing the thing's body as the deceptive feathers cut into it like knives. "Be careful, Claire," the maid advised, "and let me know if you need my services."

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:38 am

Gibbon takes 8 Dmg!

HP: 32/40

1 takes 19 Dmg!

HP: 11/30

4 takes 26 Dmg!

4 PERFECT KILL!!

Gibbon's R-Ability Waste Not activates! [+15 MP Recovered]

MP: 60/60

Chapter 02-B: Sand Trap

Location: Lake Tamaris - Rockstrewn Shore

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } { } { } {G} { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } {K} {M} { } { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } {3} { } { } { } G
{~} {C} { } {A} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} {E} { } { } {T} { } { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } {1} { } {2} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Marya's Adept Claw has 2 turns left.

Eagle's Haste has 5 turns left.

Turner's Investment is accruing interest.

Claire's Up and Atem has 2 turns left.

Enemy Phase.

Gibbon moves to D4.

Gibbon begins casting a spell! (1/2)

A dark energy surges to life around 1...

Kairin attacks Marya!  8 Dmg! (ATK)

"Wh-what is this girl made out of??"

Kairin waits.

1 moves to I3.

1 uses Howling Wail on Eagle! [Eagle is Feared][Eagle's SPR -15%]

MP: 24/30

2 moves to I6.

2 attacks Turner!  9 Dmg! (ATK)

3 moves to E7.

3 uses Desperate Grasp on Marya!  9 Dmg! (ATK) [Marya DODGES]

MP: 24/30

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } {G} { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } {K} {M} {3} { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{~} {C} { } {A} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} {E} {1} { } {T} {2} { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Player Phase 3!

Marya *BA +1*
HP: 38/40
MP: 17/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 8/50
Atk: 12
Def: 8
Int: 3
Spr: 5
Evade: 21%
Move: 4 cells

Eagle *WIND RESIST +10%* *HASTE* *FEAR*
HP: 45/45
MP: 1/25
DD: 6/10
CG: 38/50
Atk: 10
Def: 7
Int: 2
Spr: 7 --- 6
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Turner *INVESTMENT [36]*
HP: 10/15
MP: 6/20
DD: --/--
CG: 6/50
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Claire *MP COST -10%*
HP: 15/15
MP: 25/30
DD: 4/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 2% --- 22%
Move: 2 cells

Adriane (Maid) *HEAL GIVEN +20%* *MP COST -10%* *SUPP MP COST -15%*
HP: 25/25
MP: 34/40
DD: 3/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Gibbon (Sand Necromancer)
HP: 32/40
MP: 60/60
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Kairin (Sand Dancer)
HP: 50/50
MP: 50/50
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 5
Evade: 8%
Move: 4 cells

1 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 11/30
MP: 24/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

2 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

3 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 24/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

4 (Perished Thrall) *PERFECT KILL*

{~} - Lake Shallows
[On Occupy: Move -1]

{r} - Jagged Rock
[No Occupy]
[Block Projectiles]


* * *

Marya moves to D5.

"I don't know what you're up to, but knock it off!" Marya growled, ignoring the sand dancer completely.  The necromancer was casting some sort of shady spell and she did not want to see what came about as a result of it.

Marya attacks Gibbon!  2 hits!  12 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

* * *

Eagle is Feared!

"..."

* * *

Turner moves to J6.

"I might have need of your services over here, Miss Adriane," Turner called out to the maid as he focused on his money while being assaulted by a stray thrall.

Turner waits.

* * *

Claire casts Aether Rocket on 1!  8 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 20/30

Claire waits.

"Thank you for the reassurance, Adriane."

"On another note, what is going on with THAT thing?"  She pointed at the nearby thrall before casting a spell upon it to try and take it down, but she knew her magic wasn't the strongest at this point.


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Adriane moves to G6!

Adriane's eyes darted back and forth between the thrall encompassed in eerie darkness and the other which had begun lashing out at Turner. She had no way of handling both of them – she doubted she even had the ability to fell the gravely injured one. "Brace yourselves!" she called out, taking the opportunity to venture away from the aura-coated minion.

Adriane casts Breakfast, Tea, and Cookies on the party! 6 Int HP Recovery! Recovery persists for three turns!

Adriane
MP: 25/40

"I hope this will be of help," Adriane murmured, stirring her feather duster through the air once more. The smell of syrup and fresh bread, hotcakes on the griddle, eggs, bacon, cookies in the oven, and the sound of tea boiling filled the lakefront. As the treats soon flowed through the air, the maid allowed a small smile. The rejuvenating properties would hopefully counteract whatever the necromancer was planning.

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:00 pm

Gibbon takes 16 Dmg!

HP: 16/40

1 takes 4 Dmg!

HP: 7/30

Chapter 02-B: Sand Trap

Location: Lake Tamaris - Rockstrewn Shore

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } {G} {M} { } { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } {K} { } {3} { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{~} {C} { } { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} {E} {1} { } { } {2} { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Marya's Adept Claw has 1 turn left.

Eagle's Haste has 4 turns left.

Turner's Investment is accruing interest.

Claire's Up and Atem has 1 turn left.

Eagle is no longer Feared.

Eagle's SPR reduction has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Gibbon casts Sand Sacrifice!  

1 explodes!  Hits Eagle and Claire!  16 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 50/60

R-Ability Waste Not activates! [+12 MP Recovered]

MP: 60/60

Gibbon moves to F4.

"Kairin, please do something about this girl.  She's distracting me..."

Kairin uses Sand Spikes on Marya!  11 Dmg! (ATK) [Marya DODGES]

MP: 40/50

"Listen I am trying my best but in case you didn't notice she's like made of iron or something!"

Kairin moves to F5.

2 attacks Turner!  9 Dmg! (ATK)

2 waits.

3 moves to D6.

3 uses Howling Wail on Marya! [Marya is Feared][Marya's SPR -15%]

MP: 18/30

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } { } {M} {3} { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} {G} {K} { } { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{~} {C} { } { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} {E} { } { } { } {2} { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Player Phase 4!

Marya *BA +1* *FEAR* *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 40/40
MP: 17/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 24/50
Atk: 12
Def: 8
Int: 3
Spr: 5 --- 4
Evade: 21%
Move: 4 cells

Eagle *WIND RESIST +10%* *HASTE* *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 41/45
MP: 1/25
DD: 6/10
CG: 38/50
Atk: 10
Def: 7
Int: 2
Spr: 7 --- 6
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Turner *INVESTMENT [39]* *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 10/15
MP: 5/20
DD: --/--
CG: 9/50
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Claire *MP COST -10%* *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 15/15
MP: 20/30
DD: 5/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 2% --- 22%
Move: 2 cells

Adriane (Maid) *HEAL GIVEN +20%* *MP COST -10%* *SUPP MP COST -15%* *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 25/25
MP: 25/40
DD: 3/10
CG: 18/50
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Gibbon (Sand Necromancer)
HP: 16/40
MP: 60/60
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Kairin (Sand Dancer)
HP: 50/50
MP: 40/50
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 5
Evade: 8%
Move: 4 cells

1 (Perished Thrall) *KO*

2 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 30/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

3 (Perished Thrall)
HP: 30/30
MP: 18/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

4 (Perished Thrall) *PERFECT KILL*

{~} - Lake Shallows
[On Occupy: Move -1]

{r} - Jagged Rock
[No Occupy]
[Block Projectiles]


* * *

Marya flees in fear to D3!

Marya is Feared!

* * *

"Well that was a shocking wake up call."

Eagle moves to I5.

"Sorry for the late arrival."

Eagle attacks 2!  4 hits!  10 Wind Dmg per hit! (ATK)

* * *

Turner waits.

"Think nothing of it.  Adriane served up something good to keep my mind off of it," Turner replied with a chuckle.

* * *

Claire moves to H4.

Claire casts Aether Rocket on Gibbon!  8 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 15/30

"I hate feeling so powerless..."


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:19 pm

Adriane attacks 2! 9 Int Damage!

Adriane quickly jerked her duster in the direction of the corpse that had been assaulting Turner. As Eagle's blade withdrew the figure found itself assaulted by more razor sharp feathers. The maid frowned. The combined attacks did not seem to fell the creature, but it certainly looked worse for wear. Perhaps it was on its last legs. Nevertheless, the maid turned her attention to the sand dancer who seemed a little more than upset by Marya's evasive maneuvers. She sniggered, "I do believe if she was made of iron you might actually be fast enough to hit her. Just a thought, of course. It's quite hard to catch Miss Marya."

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Gibbon takes 2 Dmg!

HP: 14/40

2 takes 29 Dmg!

HP: 1/30

Chapter 02-B: Sand Trap

Location: Lake Tamaris - Rockstrewn Shore

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} {M} { } { } {3} { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} {G} {K} { } { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{~} { } { } {C} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } { } { } {E} {2} { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Marya's Adept Claw fades.

Eagle's Haste has 3 turns left.

Turner's Investment is accruing interest.

Claire's Up and Atem fades.

Eagle's SPR reduction has 2 more turns.

Marya is no longer Feared.

Marya's SPR reduction has 3 turns.

Breakfast, Tea, and Cookies has 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

"It is not that she is made of iron, Kairin, but that you are weak.  Your progression through the hierarchy is nonexistent.  You are at the bottom and that is where you will stay lest you hone your edge.  Take the swordsman instead and leave the girl to me."

Gibbon casts Sand Arrow on Marya!  11 Dmg! (INT) [Marya is Poisoned]

MP: 52/60

S-Ability Tainted Blood activates! [Poison duration +1 turn]

Gibbon moves to F6.

"You, girl with the staff," the necromancer spoke up after passing by his ally, directing his comment towards Claire.  "Do know that you are far from powerless for I sense a great deal of magic within you.  If you so desire to bring out the true strength that lies within, I can teach you."  He paused for a moment.  "Turn upon your friends and I will teach you everything.  I will make you powerful."

Kairin moves to H5.

"Tch, time to get serious then."

Kairin uses Sand Spiral!  Hits Eagle, Claire, and Adriane!  5 hits!  6 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [Eagle DODGES (x1)][Eagle is Bleeding][Claire evades Bleeding][Adriane evades Bleeding]

MP: 28/50

"She didn't possess that much power, Gibbon.  Look at her now!  Just a corpse upon the ground.  To think that you were going to take her in makes me laugh."

2 uses Howling Wail on Eagle! [Eagle is Feared]

MP: 24/30

2 waits.

3 moves to D4.

3 uses Desperate Grasp on Marya!  9 Dmg! (ATK) [Marya's Move -1]

MP: 12/30

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} {M} {3} { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } {G} { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } G
{~} { } { } {C} {K} { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } { } { } {E} {2} { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


3 is Grasping [Marya] for 3 turns.

Player Phase 5!

Marya *B,T,C [6]* *POISON [3]*
HP: 36/40
MP: 17/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 50/50
Atk: 12
Def: 8
Int: 3
Spr: 5 --- 4
Evade: 21%
Move: 4 cells

Eagle *WIND RESIST +10%* *HASTE* *B,T,C [6]* *FEAR* *BLEEDING [4]*
HP: 38/45
MP: 1/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 50/50
Atk: 10
Def: 7
Int: 2
Spr: 7 --- 6
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Turner *INVESTMENT [43]* *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 15/15
MP: 4/20
DD: --/--
CG: 13/50
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Claire *KO*
Spoiler:
HP: 0/15
MP: 20/30
DD: 0/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Adriane (Maid) *HEAL GIVEN +20%* *MP COST -10%* *SUPP MP COST -15%* *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 25/25
MP: 25/40
DD: 4/10
CG: 34/50
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Gibbon (Sand Necromancer)
HP: 14/40
MP: 52/60
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Kairin (Sand Dancer)
HP: 50/50
MP: 28/50
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 5
Evade: 8%
Move: 4 cells

1 (Perished Thrall) *KO*

2 (Perished Thrall) *CRITICAL*
HP: 1/30
MP: 24/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

3 (Perished Thrall) *GRASPING [Marya]*
HP: 30/30
MP: 12/30
DD: --/--
Atk: 8 --- 9
Def: 3 --- 4
Int: 0
Spr: 3 --- 4
Evade: 2%
Move: 3 cells

4 (Perished Thrall) *PERFECT KILL*

{~} - Lake Shallows
[On Occupy: Move -1]

{r} - Jagged Rock
[No Occupy]
[Block Projectiles]


* * *

"Cl-Claire....we were supposed to protect you..."  Marya sobbed out suddenly and fell to her knees, the weight of the corpse clinging to her nothing compared to the weight of guilt hanging over her form.  HOW?  How could this have happened?  It was on their hands if she died.  No, she would not die.  Marya would NOT let that happen.  Her head snapped up with a crazed look in her eyes.  She twisted her neck to take a look at the zombie clutching her and gave it a wicked grin.

Marya triggers her Craze! [ATK/INT x2][DEF/SPR Halved]

CG is FROZEN!

One straight shot with her fist upwards and the zombie went flying.

Marya uses Skyriser on 3!  31 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 9/25

3's grasp is lost!

Marya waits.

* * *

Eagle flees in fear to I3.

Eagle is Feared!

* * *

Turner withdraws his Investment! [+43 Cash]

"Oh Marya....she is not lost.  But I can see...I can see you are determined to not let the worst come to pass.  And neither do I."

Turner attacks 2!  3 Dmg! (ATK)

Turner waits.

* * *

"..."

Claire is KO'd!


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:19 pm

Adriane blinked. Did she just see that right? Claire's body cold and quickly becoming devoid of life. Is that what she saw before her? The maid blinked once more and rubbed her eyes. When the image sitting mere feet away from her did not change, her teeth grit together. A vein in her head pulsed. For a moment, the smell of breakfast almost had a hint of burning to it. "Regis," she snarled in a thick accent, "answer me or no, I know you are hearing this. Listen, and listen well. This is exactly what I feared. This is what you promised me would not happen. I warned you. You best hope they take me too because you will not live to tell the tale of what I will do to you."

Her eyes flashed with anger. The gaze fell to the sand dancer who had dealt the horrid blow to the young girl. "I will deal with you momentarily," the maid hissed. If the sand bender survived long enough, Adriane would make sure she felt the very same pain Claire did just moments ago. But for now, dealing with the necromancer and his last minion proved more within her capabilities.

Adriane moves to E7!

As soon as she made her way to her chosen spot, Adriane tossed her feather duster into the air. A whirlwind of magical energy grasped it and sent it into a tizzy before a mop fell into her hands. Without hesitation she whipped it through the air and gathered up a mass of magical energy. Then she spun. Round and round until, at the climax of her motion, she flung all of the energy outward in a razing wave toward her foes.

Adriane casts Mop the Floor! Gibbon and 3 are hit! 7 Int Damage!

Adriane
MP: 16/40

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Gibbon takes 1 Dmg!

HP: 13/40

2 takes 1 Dmg!

2 PERFECT KILL!!

3 takes 30 Dmg!

3 PERFECT KILL!!

Gibbon's R-Ability Waste Not activates! [+18 MP Recovered]

MP: 60/60

Chapter 02-B: Sand Trap

Location: Lake Tamaris - Rockstrewn Shore

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} {M} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } {G} { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{~} { } { } {C} {K} { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } {E} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Eagle's Haste has 2 turns left.

Eagle's SPR reduction has 1 more turn.

Marya's SPR reduction has 2 turns left.

Breakfast, Tea, and Cookies has 1 more turn.

Marya is Poisoned for 3 more turns.

Eagle is Bleeding for 2 more turns.

Eagle is no longer Feared.

Marya is Crazed for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

"What a waste of talent," Gibbon murmured sadly.  "And all of my thralls are gone.  The look of Craze in that one's eye.  I'm afraid this spells the end for us, Kairin.  Though insufferable, I guess it was a pleasure working with you in some regard."

Gibbon moves to F5.

Gibbon casts Sand Arrow on Marya!  11 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 52/60

Kairin moves to I5.

Kairin uses Sand Spikes!  Hits Eagle!  11 Dmg! (ATK) [Eagle DODGES]

MP: 18/50

"So ready to give up?  What a shame."

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} {M} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } {G} { } { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{~} { } { } {C} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } {E} { } {K} { } { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


Player Phase 6!

Marya *B,T,C [6]* *POISON [3]*
HP: 32/40
MP: 9/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 50/50
Atk: 12
Def: 8
Int: 3
Spr: 5 --- 4
Evade: 21%
Move: 4 cells

Eagle *WIND RESIST +10%* *HASTE* *B,T,C [6]* *BLEEDING [4]*
HP: 40/45
MP: 1/25
DD: 10/10
CG: 50/50
Atk: 10
Def: 7
Int: 2
Spr: 7 --- 6
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Turner *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 15/15
MP: 4/20
DD: --/--
CG: 13/50
Atk: 3
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 8
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Claire *KO*
Spoiler:
HP: 0/15
MP: 20/30
DD: 0/10
CG: 0/50
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Evade: 2%
Move: 2 cells

Adriane (Maid) *HEAL GIVEN +20%* *MP COST -10%* *SUPP MP COST -15%* *B,T,C [6]*
HP: 25/25
MP: 16/40
DD: 6/10
CG: 46/50
Atk: 3
Def: 6
Int: 9
Spr: 7
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Gibbon (Sand Necromancer)
HP: 13/40
MP: 52/60
DD: --/--
Atk: 2
Def: 4
Int: 9
Spr: 6
Evade: 3%
Move: 2 cells

Kairin (Sand Dancer) *MP REGEN [3]*
HP: 50/50
MP: 21/50
DD: --/--
Atk: 8
Def: 4
Int: 2
Spr: 5
Evade: 8%
Move: 4 cells

1 (Perished Thrall) *KO*

2 (Perished Thrall) *PERFECT KILL*

3 (Perished Thrall) *PERFECT KILL*

4 (Perished Thrall) *PERFECT KILL*

{~} - Lake Shallows
[On Occupy: Move -1]

{r} - Jagged Rock
[No Occupy]
[Block Projectiles]


* * *

Marya moves to E6.

Marya was upon the necromancer in a flash. She punched straight through his chest sending a splatter of blood cascading upon the sands.

Marya attacks Gibbon! 24 Dmg! (ATK)

* * *

Eagle triggers his Craze! [ATK/INT x2][DEF/SPR Halved]

CG is FROZEN!

Eagle moves to I4.

"The curtain FALLS upon your pitiful story! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Brutal slashes were dealt against the sand dancer before Eagle leaped into the air and brought his sword down with all of his crazed might, cleaving the woman in half straight down the middle, both halves of her body crumpling to the sand in a puddle of blood and entrails.

Eagle attacks Kairin! 4 hits! 20 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

~ | ~ | ~ | ~ | ~

Gibbon takes 16 Dmg!

Gibbon KO!

Kairin takes 64 Dmg!

Kairin KO!

Chapter 02-B: Sand Trap

Location: Lake Tamaris - Rockstrewn Shore

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

{~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } A
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } B
{~} {r} {r} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } { } C
{r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{r} {r} { } { } { } {M} {A} { } { } { } E
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{r} {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{~} { } { } {C} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } H
{~} { } { } {E} { } { } { } {r} {r} { } I
{~} {~} { } { } { } {T} { } { } { } { } J
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } K
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } L
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } M
{~} {~} { } {r} {r} { } { } { } { } { } N
{~} {~} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } O
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9---10-


All enemies have been defeated!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+18 - Perished Thrall x3 PERFECT KILL
+8 - Sand Necromancer x1
+6 - Sand Dancer x1
+3 - Perished Thrall x1
+2 - Timely Completion
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Player Character KO
+1 - Minimal Items used
-2 - Recruit Character KO

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 40 (20 for Claire)

RESERVE EXP GAIN: 10

Marya: 35/64 --- 75/64
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 11/96
Current DD: 10/10

Adriane: 35/48 --- 75/48
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 27/64
Current DD: 6/10

Eagle: 23/64 --- 63/64
Next Level: 63/64
Current DD: 10/10

Turner: 29/32 --- 69/32
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 37/48

Claire: 13/24 --- 33/24
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 9/32

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Marya, Adriane, Turner, Claire
+0: Eagle

Adventure Points Awarded!

Eagle: 8
Turner: 8
Claire: 6
Reserve Units: 2

The Party receives 103 Cash!

Items found:

---Vial of Blood x1
---Clump of Sand x1
---Cracked Jewel x1
---Decayed Flesh x4
---Sandstone x3

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:36 pm

Marya came to and noticed that her weapon was completely covered in blood and organ matter. One look down at the corpse on the ground made her sick to her stomach but such gruesome sights were becoming commonplace for her now. The smell of blood was thick in the air mixing with the scent of the water. It was a cloying smell. She rushed over to Claire's side as soon as she got past her initial shock. The girl had many lacerations across her body. She definitely wasn't dead--her body just must not have been able to sustain the pain and put her under by force.

"Listen up, the girl is fine. I've halted the flow of space around her--she is in stasis for the time being until you can get her to the motel for more adequate treatment," Regis's voice echoed about, reassuring them, yet his body was nowhere to be seen. "Your path is clear from here. Any Crystal Sand goons that might get the wise idea to ambush you again will be met with swift justice from me, but my interference must be minimal, so make haste."

With that, he was silent.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:54 pm

The maid's eyes sharpened as she heard Regis' response. She said nothing further to the man. Her concern immediately fell to Claire and Marya. "Miss Marya, I do believe we should get a move on. The sooner we can tend to her wounds the better," she advised. Her voice felt cold and reserved, but a touch of maternal compassion threatened to melt the ice and soothe the sting. Ruby eyes shifted to the Blitzer. "Eagle if you could carry her," Adriane requested calmly, whipping her feather duster about once more. The conscious members of the group continued to smell the delicious food – all traces of burning lost – and could feel the magick patching them back up once again.

The maid stared ahead. In her mind, she pictured Regis back at the secret base. Watching them. She trusted without a doubt that he would keep any further Crystal Sand hooligans from messing with them, but what she did not trust was his word on their safety. How long would he continue to gamble the lives of children? We will have a discussion about this for a long time to come, Regis. Of that much you can be assured.

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:34 pm

"Absolutely," Eagle affirmed, snapping out of his own post-Craze stupor, rushing over to the fallen Claire and gently lifting her into his arms, cradling her wounded body.

The group wasted not a single second. The path was clear and they took to the sands with gusto. Near the eastern edge of the lake, a well-trodden dirt path led through the thick lakeside grass up to a rough gravel road leading into a small town. The gravel road connected to a smooth asphalt avenue that led along the lakeside and contained a myriad of docks and shops, and even farther along, huge lakehouses spread out from each other, rich and elegant. They were fortunate in that the motel itself was right on the avenue, a one-floor establishment in the shape of a block C-shape with one end of it containing the large office area and front desk. A large painted sign read "The Ragna Lakeside Motel" and a neon sign hanging beneath it was lit up with the word "Vacancies" signifying they were good to stay. The group waited outside while Turner went in to rent a room. He returned with several keys which he passed out to everyone and urged them along to room 144, a large suite--at least large for a motel.

Inside was a slightly larger than average room with four queen size beds, a cramped seating area with sofa and chair and a wooden coffee and side table. There was a very small kitchen area and at least a spacious bathroom. Despite being lakeside, the theme appeared to be the sea, with various pictures of large ocean liners, anchors, and beaches hanging on the teal-painted upper half of the walls, while the lower half was made of a dark wood. The furniture and bedspread were a cream color, with the bedspread in particular containing a darker brown wave pattern upon it.

"Don't fret about the money; Regis had us covered on that." Turner looked over to Adriane. "He's not a bad guy. Might not always make the best decisions but he has the best in mind and heart."

Eagle laid Claire down gently on one of the beds. She was breathing steadily but he placed an ear over her chest and could hear her heart beating strongly.

"She's definitely going to be okay. She hasn't bled at all thanks to the stasis," Eagle confirmed. He was no doctor but he had experience in first aid thanks to his profession. "She will definitely need your tender care, however, Adriane."

Marya didn't leave Claire's side. She clasped onto the girl's hand tightly and just gazed at her face. At least it looked peaceful. She must not be in any pain. The girl let out a sigh of relief. Her head pounded a bit, likely from the sun and the constant Craze she had been exposed to. But she would not lie down now.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Adriane's gaze softened for Turner. She could not give the beggar the same treatment. Her will to focus solely on Regis' screw up had waned enough by the time they reached the motel. "That may be the case, Turner," she counter quietly, "but he made a promise to me. One that he broke. Putting my life at risk is one matter, but theirs' is another entirely." She heard Eagle clearly and offered the man a polite nod. Her gaze remained on Turner. "I will take what you have said into consideration," she affirmed before making her way to Claire's side.

Marya had clung to the girl almost immediately. The sight nearly broke Adriane's heart. Such a small amount of time spent together and yet she cares so deeply, the maid reflected. She could not blame Marya. At her age, in this situation, with all of her ties to home momentarily severed... it made sense she would cling to Claire. The young mage could easily be the only rock left in her life until they managed to return to Levall. "Miss Marya," she spoke up, "I promise I'll have her feeling right as rain in no time."

She quickly reached into her tote bag and procured a small first-aid kit. Although nothing flashy, there were a couple things in there she could use to help treat Claire. First, she grabbed some alcohol pads and quickly administered them to the unconscious girl's lacerations. It might not have stung thanks to Regis' stasis, but no doubt the wounds would ache even after she finished. Once she had sufficiently cleaned the wounds, she grabbed some gauze and wound them around the cuts. Lastly, she placed her hands on the girl and closed her eyes. Still getting a feeling for how this magic worked, she tried to focus on mending the damage done to her body, but it did not seem her abilities worked quite that way. The maid frowned.

"I feared I might not be able to stitch together wounds with magic," she admitted under her breath. She tried for another moment, but she could not feel any changes. Claire's body did not seem to react either. Adriane sighed. She looked to Turner and murmured, "I suppose I still have a lot to learn." She removed her hands from the girl's form and stepped away toward the small kitchen. "Her wounds are clean at any rate. I'll make some tea so she can have something warm to drink when she wakes up. Would any of you like some?"

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:31 pm

"Consideration is all I ask for, madame," Turner replied respectfully, heading over to another bed on the opposite side of the room from where Claire was lying. He just didn't want Adriane harboring any ill will--it would only lead to stress for her and she had enough to worry about as it was with everything that was going on recently.

"I for one would love some tea, and don't worry much about your magic, Adriane. You would not have it if you were not meant to grow into it," Turner advised as he lie down on the bed, resting his weary body. He had not done much in battle but the trek was killer. "If my abilities were at the point they were when I was on the king's council I would be of great more assistance. And Regis's magics have limits. I'm sure you all assume that he has unlimited resources when it comes to his magic, but the situation behind that is far more grave than you can imagine."

Marya did not stop holding Claire's hand but definitely appreciated the assurance from Adriane. "If there's anything I can assist you with in helping her feel better, please let me know, Adriane," the young girl replied, a solemn cloud weighing down her words and making her voice far more quiet than usual. Many thoughts passed through her mind. She wondered about her own strength. She was strong with her new form, but she could only rely on her instincts when it came to fighting. She wasn't a natural, not really, and she wasn't practiced. Should her instincts fail her, she was useless. How could she protect her allies and friends? What more could she do?

"I would like some tea, and I'm sure Marya would too," Eagle responded to the maid's offer and gazed down at Marya. "Hey, I can see you being hard on yourself. Listen, I've been in this situation before, except the teammate...well they didn't survive. At this point you come to a crossroads where you can either beat yourself up over it and go nowhere, or learn from the past and make headway into the future."

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:35 pm

The maid murmured a 'thank you' to Turner as he responded to her worries. Although she knew he had a point, she could not help but to feel subpar. If she could heal wounds just by touching someone then instances like what happened at the lake wouldn't be so scary. We wouldn't fear for our lives as much, she thought solemnly as she waved her feather duster through the air. A pot of water with several tea bags in place materialized on the stove and she turned the burner on. Adriane smirked. "I may not be able to heal the injured, but I can make tea appear out of thin air," she cracked as the water swiftly came to a boil under her watchful eye. Another flick of her duster and the prepared tea fanned out into conjured cups and hovered over to each conscious individual. She watched the saucers carefully and took her own. An idea lit up her eyes. "Perhaps I should consider tossing hot tea on the next person who dares do them harm," she mused quietly.

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Turner took his tea as it hovered over to him whimsically, and he blew on the scalding liquid before taking a delighted sip. The cup was hot to the touch but his hands had weathered far worse temperatures. He had a lifetime of stories to tell, so maybe this was the perfect time to answer a question or two. After all, he knew that the curiosity of this particular group would be difficult to quell, and although not actively pressuring him for details of the past, he knew deep down that they were yearning for it.

"Since we're all gathered here in a calm scenario, perhaps I can let you ask a question," Turner voiced his idea out loud. "Ask me anything you would like to know and I will answer to the best of my abilities."

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:40 pm

Adriane joined Turner, sitting with near perfect posture on the edge of the bed. She blew on her tea and took a sip. The liquid still burned her tongue, but she paid it little mind. Her focus remained solely on Turner. The maid spoke up almost immediately, "You said you and Regis used to work together on the King's council and that only three people have ever left. Why did the three of you leave? If it's not something that happens every day then how is it you're not in hiding like Regis?"

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Masquerade on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:10 pm

"That is a very long story to tell but I said I would answer anything," Turner replied nodding solemnly.  Out of all the things to remember, this would be one of the most painful, and of all the things to retell, this would be the most difficult.  

"Back in the day, quite a few decades ago, the King's Council consisted of three more members than it has now: myself, Regis, and a third member by the name of Isabella.  The three of us were thick as thieves, and nigh inseparable.  Any mission granted to us, we did together.  The King bestowed upon us a dominion to govern and watch over, and we did so together.  Our teamwork was unparalleled, almost on par with the twins on the council, Dis and Aster.  To be on the council, one must have been gifted with extraordinary power, and know how to use it precisely.  Combat experience was a must, along with strategy and diplomacy, politics and ethics.  To fall short on any of the criteria would have you dismissed immediately.  Only the truly dedicated and naturally talented need apply.  We were treated like royalty by the king's wait staff, and we never went without anything, and were guaranteed to live out our lives in prosperity and serenity as long as we were loyal and stuck to our duty.  Now, knowing all of this, you may be even more curious as to why things went so sour--why anyone would leave such a thing behind.

Well I assure you that it all started with the King's suspicious behavior.  He would make trips out of Rose, but not to any of the major settlements in Crazed Levall.  Isabella, able to garner much trust gleaned the information from him regarding his destination on all of those trips--some ruins located in the southwest area of the continent rumored to be the source of the Craze and therefore were dubbed the Craze Ruins.  That raised a great many questions, but we all assumed that the King was beginning to research why things were going so awry with this Craze nonsense which was a new thing back then.  True be it that quite a few monsters had already existed, but they were beginning to increase in numbers and the number of people succumbing to the Craze was increasing, though only slightly.  It made sense that the ruler of a kingdom would personally invest in trying to find a solution to this trouble.

Regis suspected otherwise.  Using his powers he tailed King William to the ruins on one of the trips, staying hidden in his specially designed otherworld.  He found, however, that he could not enter the ruins for some reason from his dimension, and he would not risk trekking inside in the real world.  He did manage to overhear a conversation between the King and a scientist as they were leaving the ruins.  From what Regis came to understand, the Craze was always present in our realm just in smaller concentrations.  William stated he had no plans to remove the Craze and actually came to some kind of wicked conclusion--that it might serve some kind of purpose.  When he told me what he learned I couldn't even fathom what King William would want to use the Craze for, but it couldn't be anything good.

At this point Regis was pretty much intent on discovering the truth and he opted to do so from within at first where he had standing and access to many secrets, but this one was kept under tight lock and key.  We used Isabella to get as much information out of William as possible, but he remained tight-lipped, or rather, that's what we thought.  One night, me and Regis were attacked by Dis and Aster who were on orders from the King to assassinate us.  We managed to incapacitate them despite them being quite a nuisance, and after that while searching for a good escape route, realized that there was only one person who knew of their efforts to discover the truth and out the king--Isabella.  She met with us in a main hall of the Rose castle, but the circumstances were no good.  She was there to stop us knowing full and well that Dis and Aster were going to fail.  She knew our abilities better than anyone and we fought.  By the time the battle was over, Regis was severely wounded, my power was sapped and stolen, and before I was rendered powerless, I stole most of Isabella's youth and voice.  And more importantly, I stole her trustworthiness.  Even if the King were to find her, he would trust her no longer.  I told her this, and I'm sure she ran.  As I said, she knew my power was not to be messed with.

To save Regis, I stole a part of his powers to put him in his own dimension which would proceed to heal him over time.  He would come to eventually gain such a mastery over dimensions that he could supersede his dimension over parts of Rose, eventually forming what he would name the Rebel Works, an eventual safe haven for those who either discovered the truth and were in danger, or those who wished to discover the truth and needed sanctuary while they tried.

As for me, my powers as Thief of Existence faded away.  I lost many things that were dear to me but in doing so I learned a great deal of what was truly important in life.  Isabella the Betrayer thought that draining that essence out of me and cursing me would be enough to make me suffer without killing me, but in truth it shone a bright light into my eyes.  Regis had to stay hidden because of his powers.  If the King found him, there would be bloodshed.  As for me, he knew that I had no powers left and was naught but a beggar on the streets performing small magic tricks.  To him, I was not a threat, and although he is up to something strange for sure, he is definitely not completely cold-hearted.  He let me exist in peace assuming my life was in shambles.

And as for Isabella, I know not of what happened to her.  With her youth faded and voice debilitated I can't even say for sure if she's alive.  She was an amazing friend, but in the end, no one could trust her.  And I made sure to make that a reality."

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti
avatar
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16376
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 25
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Silver on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:42 pm

Adriane listened intently, eyes unwavering. Her hands trembled the slightest bit as she drank in the story syllable by syllable. His eyes look so sad, she noted as she forced herself to take a sip of tea. No doubt this tale was not easy for him to tell. To find the man who gave you everything suddenly plotting against the world? To learn that he wants you dead... and to confront your closest friend because of it. The maid swallowed harshly. Ruby eyes drifted over to Marya. I can't possibly imagine something like that happening, she admitted mentally, it just shouldn't be possible. And to think it happened to friends as deeply connected as Miss Marya... our lost Mister Authur... and that girl Miss Marya spoke of...

A wetness overflowed and trickled down her cheek. Adriane grasped at her face feeling the strange difference between tear-stained and dry skin. She wiped it away and closed her eyes. "To lose everything like that in an instant," she whispered, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves. "I am sorry, Turner," she added in a louder volume, "that must not be an easy tale to tell." The maid set her saucer down on the end table. "And I must apologize, Regis," she spoke aloud with the same confidence from earlier at the lake, albeit with a softer quality. "What happened to you both is awful and, while I cannot right the wrongs committed against you, I can apologize for my misgivings. I am sorry and I hope together we can uncover the truth that tore you both from your old lives. Things are what they are for better or worse, but I see now the importance of discovering the truth."

She paused, taking Turner's hand in her own. Her gaze shifted to the unconscious Claire. The girl lay blissfully unaware of what was happening – what bombs the beggar had just dropped in the room. Peacefully ignorant to the reality and the rubble they would all be sifting through for what the maid feared would be a long time to come. Adriane took a deep breath. "I just hope that it is not too late."

_________________
avatar
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9517
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 21
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Normality, Shattered

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum