Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada's Performance in the 2010 Winter Olympics

4 posters

Go down

Canada's Performance in the 2010 Winter Olympics Empty Canada's Performance in the 2010 Winter Olympics

Post by Durn Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:36 pm

A recent argument has come up within the Chatting Thread relating to the 2010 Olympics, and it went like this:

A certain member of the Eternal Dream Forums brought up an opinion that stated that all Canadian Olympians that have failed this year should rot in hell, and that's where it all started.

I personally believe that to even qualify for such a fantastic event, one must try their hardest. To even win a bronze medal, one must multiply their efforts to the maximum. I will go into detail if necessary, but I feel like I have already voiced my opinion enough in a different thread.
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Canada's Performance in the 2010 Winter Olympics Empty Re: Canada's Performance in the 2010 Winter Olympics

Post by Zerifachias Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Canada has been doing a great job keeping up with the other countries. Although this particular member that Durn mentioned thinks that Russia is beast, he doesn't seem to realize that Canada is only behind by three medals. To even get into the Olympics, years upon years of training must be endured, and you'll still be at the bottom of the list. Hundreds of countries participate in this event, and Canada is 5th out of all of them. That is something to celebrate. Hell, getting 98th is something to celebrate!

But of course, that doesn't matter, because they're being beaten by 4 other countries. Yeah, like 4 countries matter in the face of over 100 countries.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Canada's Performance in the 2010 Winter Olympics Empty Re: Canada's Performance in the 2010 Winter Olympics

Post by Dwaggy Sama~ Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Well heck; I live in Canada myself, and the people here including myself are still proud of them doing their best of their abilities, or simply the best that they can do ~

But I digress: Not everyone is perfect; they'd just have to do the best they can, and either way they win or lose; they'd know they did their best. =)
Dwaggy Sama~
Dwaggy Sama~
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Durn Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:12 pm

I'm glad to see other people think that way too, Zeri and Dwaggy. ^^
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:27 pm

Hey, why only mention Canada? I think all of the countries have been doing great this year~ I watch some of the things those people do and I realize that I could NEVER do any of that. It is truly unimaginable how they become that great at something and how much courage they have to do those sports and such, especially when there is so much danger about. They all get a thumb's up from me~!! X3

Great job you guys!! Keep it up!! ^ ^
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum