Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Tragedy

+2
Silver
Masquerade
6 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Tragedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Tragedy

Post by Silver Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:10 pm

It was somewhat pitiful. Of course with his sisters, he couldn't really say much. Cage pulled out the burned picture, looking down at the two females in the picture. Sonia, she was so much like this kid, fragile. Then Nina, she was the complete opposite. Putting the picture back in his pocket, he moved over to the kid.

"That's not the way to cheer him up. Listen kid, she's not gonna hurt you. We won't let her."

He flashed a small smile, offering his hand to Roger.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Tragedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Tragedy

Post by Kurio Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Upon hearing the nickname again, Ryu shot a glare at Duke.

"Do you have a deathwish or something?" Ryu asked, "And I think my way to get him to stop would've worked better."
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Roger shrinked back as Duke touched him, but his words were sincere enough. Slowly, Roger regained his composure and wiped his tears away. He took Cage's hand and eased himself up. "B-but I f-failed. The Queen s-saved me....," he muttered miserably. "I-I was e-exiled a-and when the Queen c-came to power, she b-brought me b-back to society," he continued to explain. "She s-saw my power and assigned m-me this one t-task. A-and I.....I....."

"You failed." The voice was as cold as ice and full of condescending hatred. The castle gates had opened along with the castle doors. In the doorway stood a youth with fairly long white hair and olive-colored eyes. His attire was that of a scholar who focused on studying all day. His spectacles completed the look. He sneered at the party while adjusting his glasses. "Well, well, well. You managed to fail such an easy assignment, Roger? You know that Queen Nara would disapprove. Oh, how you have failed her so." The youth laughed derisively.

Roger cowered behind Cage. "I-I know that a-already, Atlas!" he called out in a frightened voice. "B-but I-I can't l-let her just k-kill me!" His whole body was shaking violently and he was still weak from the recent skirmish.

"I'm afraid you have no choice! Your life will end today! It's your own fault for being a sniveling little simpleton who cannot execute even the easiest of tasks," Atlas shouted at him, his voice tinted with heavy arrogance. "You might as well not hide behind the garbage because it's about to be taken away," he added, gesturing loosely to the rebels.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:28 pm

A card flew behind the man, hitting him in the back of the head. A few more clicks rang, several cards hit him again before scurrying back to Cage. His eyes turned sharp as he stared at the man who had come into the picture.

"I see your lips moving. But there's no action..."

He put an arm on Roger's shoulder, trying to keep him steady to no avail. He knew now more than ever he had to make his words a promise. He was not going to let the kid get killed. Not today at least.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:31 pm

"Come on now," Duke sighed. He stood between Cage, roger and the new comers. "We just managed to cheer him up from mortal depression to chronic depression" He sighed again. "And it isn't nice to just call people trash you... ah, what was it? Atlas?"

Duke smiled and blinked at him. "By, the way, just who exactly are you anyway?" Duke scratched his chin a bit, then gasped. "Wait! Could it be..? You're... You're... the palace jester!"
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

http://avarkimu.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Atlas grinned as the cards flew at him. There was a flash of movement and a large man in heavy, white armor appeared behind Atlas and blocked the cards with his hand. "Bad move, ignorant gambler, but I'll deal with you later." He turned his attention to Duke. "Yes. My name is Atlas Auburne, brother of the High Scholar Scarlet Auburne who works for the Queen of Elendia. I am the only battle scholar in the kingdom. I have been trained by mages and warriors alike and I have learned to combine their skills into a unique bundle of techniques that I utilize to annihilate all who stand in Queen Nara's path." He paused and chuckled slightly. "Of course, even our palace jester could wipe the floor with the likes of you."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:07 pm

"Palace jester. As in royal fool? If anyne's the royal fool here, it would be him." Ryu said, pointing at Duke, "Just ignore him and everything will be fine."

Ryu sighed, she saw another man join the battle mage and sighed, she would probably have a bit of trouble piercing the defenses of the armored man. But she'll worry about that later.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:14 pm

"And I love you too, Ryu-chan," Duke smiled at her. He stifled a laugh and turned his attention back to the palace men.

"So your name is Book-of-Maps Red-brown-Hair, sister to Bright-Red Red-brown-Hair?" Duke asked, still grinning. "Your parents had excellent naming skills." He shook his head slightly. "And was that last comment an attempt at a joke?" Duke asked straight faced. "You should have worked on that instead of trying to live up to your sisters shadow."
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Evan ignored the nickname Duke insisted on calling him, just relieved the kid stopped crying. He watched the proceedings with indifference, wanting to just move on. Upon seeing the man that appeared out of the castle, Evan smirked, already whipping out his blades.

"Yadda, yadda, yadda," he rolled his eyes, spinning his weapons. "Like I give a damn. You here to fight or what?" Evan suddenly took a stance, eyes alight with anticipation. "If so, come on already. We don't have all day."
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Ryu turned to Duke and twirled her lance like a cheerleading baton before smacking his head with the dull edge of the lance blade. Causing a slight wound to open on the boy's head.

"Call me that again, I dare you." Ryu said shooting a deathglare at Duke.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Atlas smirked crazily, taking out a book that had been strapped to his lower back. "I will agree that our names are not as magnificent when reduced to their bare meanings, but at least they shall go down in history while your names will be wiped from existence this very day!" He whistled and another paladin came charging out of the castle with a young girl behind him. They took their battle formation; it seemed as if they usually fought as a unit. "Arc, Roar! You've already got us covered right?"

The paladins nodded in response. The girl in the back smiled. "They'd better. I don't want filthy rebels laying their nasty hands on me," she said venomously. They were set for battle. To the party, they were just one more obstacle in the way of their ultimate goal.

Chapter 00-A: Shattering The Facade

Objective: Defeat Atlas and his cronies!

Background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srzBKto_I80&feature=related

{w} {w} {w} {X} {X} {X} {w} {w} {w} A
{w} { } { } { } {I} { } { } { } {w} B
{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {w} C
{w} { } { } { } {A} { } { } {B} {w} D
{w} { } {C} { } { } { } {R} { } {w} E
{ } {w} { } { } { } { } { } {w} { } F
{ } { } {w} { } { } { } {w} { } { } G
{ } { } {w} { } { } { } {w} { } { } H
{ } { } {w} { } { } { } {w} { } { } I
{ } { } {w} { } {R} { } {w} { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Roger (Exile) *CRITICAL* *DOOM (5)*
HP: 6/25
MP: 10/20
Atk: 7 --- 14
Def: 4
Int: 5
Spr: 4
Move: 3 cells

Atlas (Battle Scholar) *COVERED*
HP: 35/35
MP: 45/45
Atk: 7
Def: 5
Int: 9
Spr: 6

Arc (Paladin) *COVERING*
MP: 15/15
Def: 9
Int: 4
Spr: 5
Move: 2 cells

Roar (Paladin) *COVERING*

Irene (Mana Supplier) *COVERED*
HP: 10/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 8

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)

{X} - Castle Gates (cannot be occupied)
HP: 75
Def: 68
Spr: 65

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 35
Def: 20
Spr: 14

Characters may start in rows I-J!

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:08 pm

"Alright," Evan stabbed his blades into the ground and promptly, crossed his arms. "Battle plan. Seeing as those armored freaks seem to be covering those two." He pointed at the skinny man and the girl right behind him. "We'll have to obliterate the big guys first. Then, go for whatever." He frowned. "Personally, I wanna go for the girl in the back because she looks like a bitch but the skinny man's in the way so I'll make do with him after the hulks."

With that said, he ripped his blades out of the ground and readied himself for the battle.

[Evan] starts at [I-4].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Ryu starts at cell I-6

It looked like that they would have to kill the Paladins first before beating the man and little girl, oh joy. This will certainly take a while, but she had time. Ryu took a srange stance and for a very brief moment, a translucent image of a bright blue dragon appeared behind Ryu and covered her with its wings. But the dragon vanished as soon as it had appered.

Ryu's Guard of the Dragon protects her from the Fire element
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:37 pm

Cage starts at J4!

Cage stuck behind the others with the boy. He nodded at Evan, knowing his part in this battle would be small. He was certainly not someone to be on the front lines. And neither was the boy with his hurt state. Having his cards flutter around him, he knew he would let the enemies come to him, if they could break through Evan, Ryu and Duke.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Duke starts at I5

Duke smiled lightly. Two walking walls, Atlas and another lady. The walls would have to go first for sure. He let out a sigh and rubbed the bump on his head that Ryu-chan gave him. Weren't assassinations supposed to be a stealthy entrance and a quick retreat? But no, they had to face the palace jester and his goons. This was going to take a while.
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 pm

Chapter 00-A: Shattering The Facade

Objective: Defeat Atlas and his cronies!

Background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srzBKto_I80&feature=related

{ } {w} { } { } { } { } { } {w} { } F
{ } { } {w} { } { } { } {w} { } { } G
{ } { } {w} {E} {D} {Y} {w} { } { } I
{ } { } {w} {C} {R} { } {w} { } { } J

Roger (Exile) *CRITICAL* *DOOM (5)*

Ryu (Azure Lance)
HP: 30/30
Int: 2
Spr: 3

Evan (Dual Blade)

Cage (Gambler)
HP: 20/20
MP: 25/25
Atk: 5

Duke (Trick Step)
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
Atk: 8
Spr: 2
Move: 4 cells

Arc (Paladin) *COVERING*

Roar (Paladin) *COVERING*

Player Phase 1!

Roger waits.

Roger was severely injured from the last battle, though despite this, he still found some strength to stand and take up his sword. Anyone nearby could see a light blue aura surrounding him; it was his life force slowly draining from him. However, it was at this moment when he was so close to death that he was the most powerful. Yet, he was afraid, so he stood his ground.

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Evan first narrowed his eyes. He then groaned.

"Alright, guys, we're going to have to go all out," he told his companions. "There's no way we're going to even make a dent in that armor with just slashing." He then noticed the rather exhausted boy in the back and raised in eyebrow. "You okay, kid? You look worse than before." Then again, they had beat the crap out of him. "Just don't get yourself killed, alright?"

With that said, he rushed forward because he was c lose combat person, damn it.

[Evan] moves to [F-4].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:17 pm

Cage
Hp: 20/20
Mp: 25/25

"If you say so, allow me to make the first move."

Suddenly Cage's cards swirled, and four large cards appeared, their values facing the allies. Suddenly they were flipped, revealing a perfect hand, all aces. A rumbling was heard from the ground, only to have innumerable sums of gold to fall from the sky, little at first, and then huge piles later.

Cage activates D-Ability, Jackpot!
Party gains a random sum of Gold!

(Damage: 100% Pierce Int/Effect: Party Gains Random # Gold/Element: --)

Cage
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Duke moves to G4

Duke decide to take it slow. He would stay out of the enemies way until he could strike first. Better not was his energy running around fruitlessly. A click on the stone floor distracted him. He picked it up curiously. A coin. He smiled. The problem gamble was useful at times. Duke hastily pocketed all the money he could. Maybe he could by Ryu-chan a nice stuffed animal or something when this was all over.
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Ryu moves to cell F-6

Ryu ran toward one of the paladins when she heard a loud rumbling and saw a pile of coins fall from the sky, probably the gambler's doing. But at the moment she had no time to care for money. The Azure Lance stabbed her lance into the gut of the paladin, knowing that it won't do much good, she still wanted to weaken them as much as possible.

Ryu uses Impale on Roar. 8 ATK Dmg. High Critical Hit rate
MP: 8/15
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:35 pm

The Party receives 75 Gold!

Arc takes 10 Dmg!

HP: 25/35

Roar takes 13 Dmg!

HP: 22/35

{ } {w} { } {E} { } {Y} { } {w} { } F
{ } { } {w} {D} { } { } {w} { } { } G

Enemy Phase.

Atlas moves to G5.

Smiling, Atlas walked slowly into the midst of the party until he wound up next to Duke. "Well, I think it would be fitting for me to start with you," he stated simply, his smile transmogrifying into a grimace. "Despite my title, whether 'battle scholar' or 'palace jester,' I am stronger than you regardless." Without warning, Atlas slammed his book into Duke's head before striking Duke's neck with the edge of the book. While Duke was still overwhelmed by the attack, Atlas raised a hand and dropped, a bolt of lightning falling with it that struck Duke dead on.

Atlas uses Bash on Duke! 8 Dmg! (ATK)
--Atlas uses Edge on Duke! 12 Dmg! CRITICAL HIT! (ATK)
--Atlas uses Crack on Duke! 12 Lightning Dmg! (INT)

MP: 18/45

Duke is Paralyzed!

Arc uses Defend!

MP: 10/15

Arc waits.

Roar uses Defend!

Roar waits.

Irene uses Quicken Cycle!

MP: 34/45

Mana Cycling: 11

"Wow, Atlas," Irene said. "You know if you use a lot of mana, I have to struggle to keep up." Her body began to glow and a cloud of polychromatic mana burst into the air and remained there, just hovering about. However, Irene snapped her fingers and it started spinning around in circles before crashing into the ground and jetting back up in a different place. The mana was going into the earth, coming out, circling, and then wound up back in the earth again. It was a strange sight, but it didn't seem like much of a threat...at the moment.

Irene waits.

{w} { } { } { } { } { } { } {B} {w} D
{ } {w} { } {E} { } {Y} { } {w} { } F
{ } { } {w} {D} {A} { } {w} { } { } G

Player Phase 2!

Roger (Exile) *CRITICAL* *DOOM (4)*

Ryu (Azure Lance)
MP: 7/15

Evan (Dual Blade)

Cage (Gambler)
HP: 20/20
MP: 25/25

Duke (Trick Step) *CRITICAL* *PARALYZED*
HP: 3/25
MP: 20/20
Atk: 8
Spr: 2
Move: 4 cells

MP: 18/45

Arc (Paladin) *COVERING* *DEFEND*
HP: 25/35

Roar (Paladin) *COVERING* *DEFEND*
HP: 22/35

MP: 34/45

Roger moves to H5.

Roger's eyes widened as he watched one of the rebels get virtually massacred by Atlas. He felt the aura strengthen and he was gone. When he reappeared, he was breathing hard with his sword unfortunately sticking into one of the paladins who had blocked the attack, but that wouldn't stop him. He flipped over the paladin and stabbed him in the back while two copies of himself thrust the man in the sides.

Roger uses Iron Maiden on Atlas! 4 hits! 14 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 2/20

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:50 pm

Cage

Cage moves to I5!

Cage saw his chance, moving quickly, cards fluttering angrily. He pulled some dice from his pocket, giggling them in his hand. He threw them at Atlas, watching them hit the ground and roll for a few seconds. And then suddenly, as they stopped, his cards struck the man for all the dice was worth.

Cage uses 2 Dice on Atlas!
(Damage: Varies/Effect: --/Element: --)

Cage
Mp: 19/25
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Well, this is a pain in the ass," Evan snorted. From the way things were progressing, there was a good chance they weren't going to win. If it weren't for these freaking armored dudes, they could finish this easily. Sneering, he lashed out at Atlas, not even caring that his attack had been blocked by a big hulking dude.

[Evan] attacks Atlas. 7 ATK DMG. 2 hits.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Greycat Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:07 pm

"Always the funny guy first," he sighed. =_= He wasn't exactly comfortable, hid head was smarting and a certain unmentionable place was starting to itch something fierce. "One too many cracks at you, eh, Book-of-Maps? You really need to get a sense of humor. If you take everything to heart, you'll end u hating the world. The world'll hate you too. But since I'm a nice guy, I'll till stay neutral. Though you'll be lonely... Maybe I'll try get you some friends. Books are good and all, but they just aren't the same..."

Duke waits...
Greycat
Greycat
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Ryu uses Impale on Atlas. 8 ATK Dmg. High Critical Hit rate
MP: 1/15

Seeing that everyone attacked Atlas, Rhyu decided to jump on the bandwagon and do the same. She jabbed her lance toward the gut of the man, not expecting it to be blocked by one of the Paladins.

Ryu moves to cell I-6
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next