Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2

+5
Kurio
CassinoChips
Xenosaga
Masquerade
Silver
9 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2 - Page 33 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2

Post by Masquerade Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Maxwell takes 182 Dmg!

Maxwell OVERKILL!!

Jonathan takes 66 Dmg!

Jonathan KO!

Request 06-B: Those Who Have Faith

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Background: ~Decaying Forest~

{t} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} A
{t} {t} { } { } {Z} { } { } {t} { } B
{t} { } {t} { } { } {V} {t} { } {t} C
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } {t} { } { } D
{ } { } {t} { } { } { } {t} {t} { } E
{t} { } {t} {J} { } { } {t} { } { } F
{ } {t} {t} { } {S} { } {t} { } {A} G
{ } { } { } { } { } {C} {R} { } {t} H
{t} { } { } { } {t} { } { } {O} { } I
{L} { } {t} { } { } { } { } {t} { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

All enemies have been defeated!
REQUEST COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+21 - Malvine Swordsman x1 OVERKILL
+17 - Malvine Thief x1 OVERKILL
+17 - Malvine Mage x1 OVERKILL
+14 - Malvine Swordsman x1
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No Player Character KO
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Items used

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 77

Valincar: 65/122 --- 142/122
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
JOB PROMOTION!!
3 Stat Points gained!
2 Specialized Skill Points gained!
Next Level: 20/122

Julia: 47/81 --- 124/81
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 43/81

Rosetta: 45/122 --- 122/122
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
JOB PROMOTION!!
3 Stat Points gained!
2 Specialized Skill Points gained!
Next Level: 0/122

Zero: 61/81 --- 138/81
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 57/81

Shadow: 77/81 --- 154/81
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 73/81

Sonia: 69/81 --- 146/81
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 65/122

Lily: 50/81 --- 127/81
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 46/122

Annon: 9/54 --- 86/54
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 32/54

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Valincar, Julia, Rosetta, Zero, Shadow, Sonia, Lily, Annon

The Party receives 322 Gold!

No Items found...

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2 - Page 33 Empty Re: Tales of Alidaire: The Corruption Disc 2

Post by Masquerade Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 pm

The last of the infected swordsman fell with a groan, a dull thud echoing throughout the silent forest as his body hit the ground hard. After that, however, the silence seemed to just sidle back in, the giant tree ahead a foreboding pinnacle. They were so close to resolving the issue of the virus, but none of them could be sure what waited for them. What form would it take? Would it be easy or would it be more challenging than anything they had faced before? Whatever it was would have to wait, for a giant portal of light swirled into existence a few yards in front of them, blocking their view of their destination. From out of the vortex stepped two individuals: one caused a shudder to wrack Valincar's faded form--it was his brother, Oliver. The other man was much older and taller. His wrinkled, tan skin betrayed his immense age, his hair long and white. A long beard of the same snowy color fell down onto his chest like a waterfall. His eyes were hooded and tired, but they were a crisp icy blue--almost glowing. Robes of the hue of sand covered his body, folds seemingly traversing the spans of eternity. His body was thick, but not fat. It could even be called a bit muscular which was surprisingly giving the old fellow's age. He held out a warm hand towards Valincar whose form was now blinking in and out of existence, a look of utmost surprise upon his face, mixed with a tinge of nostalgia.

"Valincar, my son," the old man called out, his voice resonating with power as it echoed throughout the decay that surrounded them all. He took a few steps forward, but stopped, for Valincar had already flashed in front of him, taking the old man in a solid embrace. "There, there. I know it has been what seems like an eternity, but I assured you that I would see you again. Was I not correct?" The man, apparently Valincar's father, took his son by the shoulders and pulled him back a bit, looking into his sad eyes. "When you reached a certain point in your progression of power, we would meet again. And that time has come. Before you go, you should probably explain to your friends," he said, nodding sagely.

Valincar turned around to face his allies, some of whom were infected by the virus, and surely all of them were tired, but it was his time to go. "My friends...I'm afraid I must bid you my leave for a short while. This...this was something I didn't imagine could happen, but..." His voice trailed off as he looked down at the ground in thought. "This is my father, Cornelius Morte, and my brother here, Oliver. Our family has been tasked through the ages to keep an eye on the flow of mana in the world, and with the Grimoire de Origens possessing such an immense amount of mana, it fell under our jurisdiction to keep an eye on. However, a mortal living their first life would not be enough for the task. As such, guardians of the tome were executed such that their spirit would be able to guard over the Grimoire for an eternity. However, should they reach the pinnacle of their power as a spirit, they would be granted ascension--the ability to live their second life as a guardian or a disruptor of mana. That time has come for me, though if the book was never stolen, it probably wouldn't have happened. There are bittersweet feelings, but I think I'll keep them to myself," he concluded, giving them all a halfhearted smile.

"My son will need to be whisked away for a while in order to undergo the ritual of his ascension," Cornelius added, taking a few steps forward. "I am aware that he is a valuable asset to your team, and as such, I offer his brother, Oliver, as a replacement for the time he will be gone."

Oliver wore a vicious and clearly displeased sneer, his dark red eyes piercing into Sonia specifically, for she had been the only one she had encountered that one day back in Visterre. The air around him seemed...pressured almost. Things would most likely be decaying and dying if everything around wasn't already dead. "As much as it pains me, I cannot deny my father's wishes," he growled. "I will assist you in whatever pathetic and worldly endeavors you pride yourself in taking upon yourselves, but only until my weakling brother returns. I don't expect to get friendly with you people. You do your jobs and I shall do mine." That said, he closed his mouth and deigned not to waste a single extra word upon them. Reluctantly, he marched forth to join their ranks while Valincar lingered behind.

"It would be wise for you all to say your goodbyes now. Though he won't be gone for good, it may be a while before you see Valincar again," Cornelius advised, stepping back towards the vortex, waiting for when Valincar was ready.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:36 pm

A disturbance nearby roused Lily from her rest, and when she saw what was happening, she rushed to her feet, using the dead tree behind her as a means to get on her feet. Valincar...this was his family? That Oliver person looked like an ass, but his father...impressive. Lily could sense the power emanating from this group of three, though she was not in tune with the flow of mana as the others were. What were they feeling, she wondered.

Lily stumbled over to where Valincar was, doing her best not to fall over. She never wanted to get sick like this again. It was the worst feeling in the world, no wonder old people died so easily. Once she was near Valincar, she put some effort into raising her head to look at him.

"I'm not much for lengthy goodbyes," Lily said weakly, forcing a smile. "So I guess I'll see you later, Valincar." Lily paused for a moment, smiling weakly at her ghost friend. She looked over at his father for a moment and said, "Is there any chance that you could remove this illness? It would be extremely convenient if you could."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:37 pm

As the last of their infected enemies dropped, Rosetta released a shuddering breath. She was beginning to feel dizzy and considering they were nearly at the end, that was not good. She had forced her body to its limits, it seemed. Rosetta inwardly frowned and gritted her teeth behind closed lips. She couldn't be a burden. She would not allow herself to be a burden.

As she thought this, Rosetta was suddenly aware of something glowing out of the corner of her right eye. It seemed to be coming from her neck. Reaching up, her hand came into contact with her rose. At the surge of power that rushed through her body the moment she came into contact with it, Rosetta froze and her mind instantly went back to a meeting that seemed so long ago.

"You will become stronger."

Was it then? Had Ryas done something back then? It was already a rare enough occurrence, the witch appearing before her. Ryas hardly ever left her own realm to mingle with humans. Rosetta felt a bloodcurdling anger rise up in her. However, before she could tear the rose from her neck, the brunette was forced to turn her attention elsewhere as someone spoke, having stepped through the glowing portal Rosetta had ignored at first appearance.

This time, Rosetta visibly frowned, her amber eyes darting from the two newcomers and Valincar. She wasn't quite sure how to react, especially considering how close they were to the source of their current dilemma. However, it looked like this was something the ghost had to do. Rosetta was not about to stop him. Instead, she inclined her head toward the man.

"Goodbye," was her soft response. She then looked away.
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Annon's eyes flicked open, instantly zeroed in on the newcomers. If any of the others were paying him any attention, which didn't seem likely at the moment, they'd see he was unusually emotionless, just sitting there with a cold and blank expression. His body was still but his mind raced, a thousand different thoughts all wanting to make themselves known but Annon's mouth would not cooperate. Too much information. No bemusing greeting escaped him, or such other confusing information, only silence. If anything, a part of him would call this a moment of clarity piercing through the haze of his mind.

Perhaps it was that this was a period of lucid sleep, or something of the sort. His body was sleeping but he remained aware, like being paralyzed. But thinking of this, knowing he was asleep made him realize there was a nagging itch reaching up from the depths, and as soon as he turned his attention to it he was dragged back under, fully asleep again.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Watching the last of their enemies hit the ground with a thud, Sonia was able to relax only slightly. She felt off balance in the entirety of its sense. Though the mage had been defeated she still felt a massive disturbance in the mana flowing through the area. And it was not just the virus anymore. No, it was something far more pressured than that. The familiarity she had with this force was also making her exceedingly anxious.

That was when the portal opened.

Immediately she felt the stress-inducing energy bear down on her with an even more powerful might; although there was also a more peaceful presence. The two energies mixed into a very unpleasant aura around the summoner, much to the point that her knuckles were white around her staff. When she saw Oliver, a grimace found its way onto her face, but she was quick to purse her lips together into a rigid line. The word 'son,' however, was enough to draw Sonia attention away from Valincar's unfathomable relation, and over to the other figure.

The tension in her jaw relaxed and a smile shined on her face. It grew even more so when the nightshade appeared infront of the older man and wrapped him into a solid embrace. In that moment, the energies in the air shifted towards that of the calming feelings the summoner had felt earlier. Memories of her father bubbled in her head, and she could not help feeling immense joy which completely overpowered the strained aura emanating from Oliver.

Those sentimentalities faded the moment it was declared that Valincar would be leaving.

Sonia's eyes were as wide as saucers in an instant, tension returning not only to her face but her entire being. She stood erect, stuck in a state of utter shock and restriction. Her heartbeat was pounding in her ears, and she could feel her throat closing up. Her gaze darted over to Oliver, whose red eyes were piercing into her soul specifically. The coming future would be like reliving that day in Visterre over and over again without an exact end in sight. Her eyes, now dark and dull, flitted back over to Valincar and she could feel the tears welling there.

She forced herself to move.

There were no words as she wrapped her arms around the ghostly figure of his body. Even if her arms were slipping through his figure, she still held him in the visual sense. "Be safe." she whispered, a single tear cascading to the dead ground beneath them. She remained locked around him for quite some time until she finally backed away and let her arms fall. When she looked up at him once again, it was clear she was forcing a smile, for there was no happiness inside of her. "Get back to us as soon as you can." she added with a small nod, a pair of tears spilling over onto her cheeks.

Last edited by Silver on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Zero removed her dagger from the dead man's jugular and took a moment to lick the remaining blood off of her dagger. She laughed quietly to herself, staring at the wound left on the man and the blood pouring out profusely. She took pleasure in seeing that, though it was a rather empty pleasure that carried no real sense of fulfillment. She simply did this because she wanted to kill, that she liked seeing blood spilling from her victims.

When Valincar announced that he was leaving the group and another man, whose name was Oliver, was going to replace him, Zero simply nodded in response. She had made no real connections with the ethereal spirit so she felt no hind of sadness or remorse about this situation. Besides, her heart was cold, and certain things didn't really matter to her anymore, among those things were her 'companions' whom they were all so distant that Zero felt no need to care for them. "Goodbye." the windwalker muttered, her voice soft like a whisper.
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Shadow brushed off the anomalous, foreign disturbance the portal emanated, as if it was nothing, but he could feel the strange resonance it caused... it felt spiritual, distant from the real world, somehow. His gaze scanned the dimensional opening as the phantom that was Valincar approached the figure of his father. He could, too, feel an immense aura of pure, unrestrained magic--no, power from his being... and then gargantuan tree, in a twisted, corrupted majesty, suddenly appeared to fade into the background as details, memories, rituals were mentioned. Whereas Shadow's gaze fell sharply on the individual that had been addressed as Oliver, a rather curious but nonetheless neutral look was given to the departing Nightshade.

"Heh. Quite the sudden departure," he commented. He was one of the few who had been left uninfected by the time they reached the supposed core of the entire Malvine virus, so his demeanor was conserved, and reserved as always. He didn't know what this would exactly entail for the ghost's side, but adding the fact the nearly hostile presence of Oliver would be accompanying the group from now on, it was a trade he was quite not content with in overall... "Farewell, then."
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 pm

A soft smile formed on Valincar's face. The farewells of his allies had been short and sweet; they knew he would return as soon as he could, so there was no point in making it a big deal. His eyes focused on Oliver for a moment, his gaze wary. There was no doubt in his mind that there would be trouble if he antagonized the group. Hopefully he would remain civil in fear of his father's wrath. When Sonia came to hug him, he didn't bother manifesting, and pulled away from her a bit, looking right into her eyes. "You know I'll be back soon," he spoke to her gently, hovering in place. A slight breeze had picked up, and everything became silent. Valincar turned around and made his way to the portal. "I promise." There was a small nagging in his heart--or at least in what would become a true heart again. He didn't look back at his friends for fear of betraying what he felt. No, he couldn't spare that look; not now. Nodding to his father, he passed into the portal.

"Thank you for your cooperation brave warriors," Cornelius said, bowing his head a bit before lifting it in order to gaze upon Lily. His eyes seemed to glow even brighter here, and the edges of his mouth seemed to lower slightly into a small frown. "True be it that I have the power to remove your disease. I have the power to decimate the source of this virus, however, it is not my place. As a being that exists outside of this plane of existence with the task of protecting mana, I have no right to meddle here. This is a task for you--" he explained, stopping shortly to point a bony finger at Lily. "--to complete." He turned around and neared the portal. "You have my wishes of good luck." He offered them all a wave before entering the portal after which the air grew less stabilized. There was a loud crash and the portal shut completely, shattering into small particles of light.

Oliver's armor clanked a bit as he moved past everyone and closer to where the enormous infected tree rested just beyond. An annoyed sigh escaped his lips. "So are we moving on or what? I've been watching you...unfortunately. Dad was just waiting for his moment to step in and ruin your little friendship party. The virus is just ahead yeah? Good thing I'm not bound to the rules my dad has to follow," he sneered, a twisted smirk forming on his face as he tread forward expecting everyone to follow, and really that was all they could do at this point. With the source of the virus so close to demise, now was the chance for them to save the forest and the town of Maldicao, not to mention purging the virus from their own bodies.

As such, they all moved forward, stopping when they were in the circular area where the giant decaying tree was, the trunk hollowed out such that in the alcove, something could be seen. It looked to be an enormous sphere--a jewel of some sort, colored a sickly light green. It was definitely opaque, and it seemed to be surrounded by a milky white barrier of some sort. Detecting the party's presence, a surge of mana erupted around the jewel. A circle on the ground formed that was light green in color as well; it was a vortex. From this vortex emerged a tall woman, completely nude it seemed, though her more private anatomical features were covered by thick green tentacles. All of her skin was green for that matter, her eyes a pale crimson in hue. More thick tentacles came out of her back with thick club-like endings. They wiggled about in the air tentatively as she gazed out at the group, long dark green hair tousled gently by a small breeze. She said nothing, but raised a hand towards the group, her long crimson fingernails glinting slightly with danger. She beckoned to them challengingly. It was time to fight at long last to rid the virus from the world forever.

Request 06-C: The Source of the Virus

Objective: Alleviate yourselves and the forest from the plague of the virus!

Background: ~Infectious~

{ } { } {t} { } {C} { } {t} { } { } A
{ } { } {t} { } { } { } {t} { } { } B
{ } { } { } {t} { } {t} { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } {M} { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } {O} { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } {J} { } { } { } { } { } { } J

Oliver (Mana Disruptor)
HP: 105/105
MP: 90/90
Atk: 28
Def: 29
Int: 20
Spr: 15
Move: 3 cells

Julia (Battle Glyphographer) *MAG DMG TAKEN -20%*
HP: 60/60
MP: 85/85
Atk: 18
Def: 15
Int: 19
Spr: 16

Core (Viral Core) *PALING [90%]*
HP: 800/800
MP: 725/725
Atk: 0
Def: 24
Int: 12
Spr: 24
Move: 0 cells

Malvine (Viral Manifestation)
HP: 2750/2750
MP: 1375/1375
Atk: 26
Def: 18
Int: 22
Spr: 20
Move: 6 cells

{t} - Tree (cannot be occupied)

Players may start in rows I-J!

Last edited by Masquerade on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:10 pm

It was a fair enough explanation. Lily had hoped that Valincar's father would spare them, but that was asking a bit too much. She recognized and accepted that, and didn't bother trying to argue. She didn't have the strength to say anymore, so she only nodded. As Valincar and his father disappeared through the portal, Lily knew she wasn't going to get along with Oliver. The way he held himself, the way he spoke to them, these things told her that Oliver didn't give two fucks about anyone's well-being except his own. He would help, but only just.

If that's the case, then I'll not interact with him at all, Lily told herself, silencing her thoughts and saving her energy for moving on. The virus was taking it's toll, for sure. She didn't know how much longer she would last with this illness. Her immune system was abnormally strong, so she never got sick. But if this kept up, she may end up becoming weaker to disease. I'd rather die than feel this kind of pain.

They finally arrived at the source of the virus. There were nearly no trees in the vicinity, the only ones still standing were surrounding what Lily presumed to be the core. It was fairly obvious, what with the glowing and the greenish, opaque colors. And the almost human-like monster it summoned was even more appalling. She felt sick to her stomach, and nearly hurled. Lily didn't want to be anywhere near that abomination. She trudged over as far as she could, staying away from the threat. She'd let that Oliver person deal with the infestation up close while she whittled away at it as best she could.

Lily starts in J-9
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Sonia felt a painful squeeze on her heart when the portal disappeared completely. The lack of a tranquil presence only made it worse. Oliver's negative energies immediately enveloped Sonia and she could feel the little color she had in her face drain. The dull color in her eyes intensified to the point that her irises were a dark gray. It was an eerie look. But she said nothing, nor did she offer Oliver a look. Her gaze only briefly drifted to Annon before falling to the diseased ground below.

She trudged along with the rest of the party ultimately coming to a wavering halt that looked like she would fall right over. The summoner did not fall over, however, as she remained planted to her spot behind Oliver. It was a very strange and questionable choice given her feelings towards the malicious man and her natural reaction to his energies. It was not a matter of her own volition. Though she loathed the man in front of her and all he stood for, she could not afford to take a different position; the moment the virus manifested itself she knew she would have to be on her guard for everyone.

She didn't even have to look at the manifestation to know what it was capable of. It's being a disease, much less the fact that its energy was filled with virulence was enough to tell her she would be healing the entire battle. Scather would have to make up for her.

Sonia starts at J5!
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 pm

It was disgusting.

Rosetta made no move to unsheathe her rapier. Instead, she stared at the monstrosity before her with cold molten amber eyes. Her right hand twitched. Her eyes narrowed. Her left hand moved, reaching up to touch the still glowing red rose wrapped around her neck. Her fingertips touched it lightly, gently, as if against fragile glass. Then, in a split second, she clutched it within her fist, crushing the smooth petals. Sharp thorns bit into her skin, droplets of red leaking from open pores, and she pulled.

"I'll take it," the brunette stated, tearing the rose, thorny stem and all, from her neck. It ripped through the fragile layer of skin and left a bloody trail of red around her neck, like a collar. Blood flew across the air and Rosetta continued the motion until her left arm was outstretched to her side. The glow intensified and, in one swift motion, Rosetta brought it down to her right.

There was a crack as, suddenly, something smacked against the ground and left behind a bloody red imprint. Raising her hand, Rosetta snapped the whip in her grasp against the dirt once more, in the opposite direction this time, sending another crack resounding through the air.

I accept this power, granted to me by your generosity, and bind myself to you with my blood.

[Rosetta] starts at [I-6].
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Zero starts at cell I-7

Zero held her dagger up in front of her. She could feel this thing was not going to be easy to take down like the previous enemies. They were all so fragile, but this woman in front of her, Zero had a doubt that her dagger would do any harm at all to it, at least with only one strike anyway. However she couldn't back off now, showing any signs of weakness would be unacceptable. Her only asset currently was her ability to quickly dismember her chosen targets. If she showed that she was weak and unable to even do that then she would no longer have a place within the group. She had to kill this, whatever it was. She needed to continue to prove to herself that she could still kill even in this weakened state.
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:43 pm

It was only after the portal had finally closed and everyone had left that Annon jolted awake, head swiveling about as if he'd forgotten where he was. He grabbed the tree next to him for support and dragged himself to his feet, still examinging the clearing. He was alone, he realized, causing him to sigh with a slight half-smile curling his lips. The trickster removed his hat, dusting it off, then tossed it up. He barely waited for it to land back on his head before he snapped and disappeared in a cloud of green powder and a small popping sound.

The tall man reappeared beside Sonia with the same cloud of smoke, very quickly falling over again. He had a laugh at himself, hauling back up to his feet with a hand on the girl's shoulder. Only now did he see what enemies they'd be fighting this hour. "My, aren't you gorgeous. Do you like your salad with dressing, or firmly tossed?" He grinned, his tone conversational and not at all suited to the situation, as was the norm.

Annon starts in J - 4.
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:03 am

Even though he was one of the few who remained uninfected, Shadow might as well have felt so when the presence materialized. As an embodiment of the core itself, Malvine's sickening visage was accentuated by the ethereal, infectious green of its manifested body, womanly figure broken by the disturbing tentacles sprouting from its form. It was, surely, a powerful presence, for it seemed to radiate an aura speaking only of the terrors of the spawn--the actual virus--that had razed through the village mercilessly.

The grip on his slashers tightened considerably as the Ombre Skillblade positioned himself near the Mana Disruptor with a single glance towards him, but nothing more. An aura of darkness was already starting to concentrate around him, though it was not yet powerful enough for him to benefit from it. It would, however, surely be within time. One last glance was directed at the heart of the entire monstrosity, far behind, before his eyes stayed definitely on the Viral Manifestation.

And thus, he was ready.

Shadow starts at I3.
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 pm

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } {S} { } {O} {R} {Z} { } { } I
{ } { } {J} {A} {N} { } { } { } {L} J

Oliver (Mana Disruptor)
HP: 105/105
MP: 90/90
Atk: 28

Rosetta (Rose Witch) *INFECTED*
HP: 90/90
MP: 40/40
Atk: 29
Def: 11
Int: 11
Spr: 9

Zero (Windwalker) *INFECTED*
HP: 70/70
MP: 60/60
Atk: 30
Def: 8
Int: 5
Spr: 8
Move: 4 cells

Shadow (Ombre Skillblade)
HP: 65/65
MP: 55/55
Spr: 11

Sonia (Astral Cleric)
HP: 55/55
MP: 150/150
Atk: 7
Def: 21
Int: 23
Spr: 19
Move: 2 cells

Lily (Archer Apprentice) *INFECTED*
HP: 75/75
MP: 70/70
Atk: 19
Def: 10
Int: 6

Annon (Charlatan) *INFECTED*
HP: 50/50
MP: 75/75
Def: 6

HP: 2750/2750

Player Phase 1!

Oliver uses Mana Arc on Malvine! 53 Dmg! (ATK) [Chance of Blood Loss]

MP: 78/90

The sickening representation of the deadly virus revealed itself, yet Oliver remained immensely unfazed. The air seemed to be weighed down by an awful pressure, distorted by some unknown force that seemed to emanate from Oliver. The man himself stared down the female phantasm before swinging his arm out causing a huge blade to jet out of his gaunt which immediately surged with crimson energy. "My power is unrivaled, even by the unknown," Oliver sneered, bringing the giant blade behind him and swinging it over his head causing a blast of energy in the shape of an arrow to fly in a mighty arc overhead before descending right into the virus core's puppet. Lowering his weapon, Oliver strategically held his ground. When the phantasm entered his airspace, the pressure would magnify making it hard for her to use whatever skills it possessed in its repertoire.

These losers should be thankful for my presence, Oliver growled in his mind, anger clearly showing his sharp eyes, though his gaze was focused on Malvine so the others would interpret his rage as directed towards the viral representation. He couldn't understand what Valincar saw in these so-called friends. They'd only wind up slowing him down. If he wanted, he could have ascended already, but these asses were holding him back. The aura around him intensified causing the air to distort visibly. The giant tree that housed the viral core shook tremendously, pieces of its bark starting to peel from its trunk with the trees at the far edges of the clearing following suit.

Oliver waits.

Julia initiates Paradise! (1/2)

The time for vengeance had finally come. Julia remained quiet as she had during the group's first encounter with her. There was a time for words, but why speak when action was the best way to communicate? She was intent on proving this as her body began to spin, her fingertips glowing with ethereal light with which she used to draw her glyphs in the air. Splashes of colorful light stuck to the air as she began to bring to life a large mural that was spaced around her complete with beautiful trees and flowing water. It was her depiction of paradise which she had brought to life many a time before. However, this time, it was her vision of how things would be after Malvine was defeated. Things would return to normal hopefully--all the damage dealt would be reversed. It sucks to not know what the future holds sometimes, she thought solemnly, keeping her eyes closed as she spun about, drawing and drawing, trying to get done with her mural as quickly as possible. The virus would surely be powerful, and as such, her saviors would need all the help they could get.

Julia waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri May 31, 2013 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Twice As Nice: Statuses that Annon inflicts last twice as long.

Annon moves to H-4.

"An aardvark," Annon said, coming to stand just ahead of their newest ally. "Strange creatures. Beautiful adaptation." He flicked his wrist and his old, yellowed deck of cards were there in an instant, where he began shuffling them together. "Able to stick their tongues down deep dark holes and swallow up hundreds of ants in one go. Quite genocidal." He smiled now, flipping a couple of the cards in the air and gazing at the voluptuous greenery. The air surrounding it distorted like a mirage. Leaves from the ground dusted up and flew at the puppet's body, sticking to it. Even the thing's vine-like limbs seemed to struggle for a moment. Annon looked away at Oliver after he was done, twirling a card between his long fingers and grinning. The expression had an all too innocent lilt to it. "But ultimately it looks ridiculous and ends up the lion's meal."

Annon casts Magnetism [-20 MP] on Malvine! Inflicts Diasble and Immobilize.

R-Ability: Double Trouble activates! Core could also be afflicted!
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:44 pm

The pressure was increasing. Rosetta could feel it inching towards her and, without batting an eye, she snapped her whip against the ground with a loud crack. The force lessened but still lingered and Rosetta narrowed her eyes at their newest member. Though Valincar's brother, he seemed nothing like the ghost. She could understand, however. She had a brother as well, after all. But the man's presence was clearly aggravating most of the party members and Rosetta had a feeling things were only going to go downhill from here. And she was right, seeing as how Pan had just insulted Oliver point-blank in the face.

If she had been anybody else, she would have sighed.

Rosetta no longer had any intention of becoming the new peacekeeper of the group. If they couldn't set aside their own, personal feelings then so be it. With that thought fading from her mind, Rosetta silently walked forward in order to get into range. Her amber eyes glared coldly at the thing. She refused to see it as anything else besides that. A thing.

[Rosetta] moves to [G-6].

Though infected by the same virus that plagued the land she was currently walking on, Rosetta would not let that deter her. She had accepted Ryas' power after all. It would be a waste if she didn't use it. Still, to think she was using it at all was infuriating. She had never wanted it! Anger coursing through her veins, Rosetta curled her free hand into a tight fist and dug her nails into the palm, breaking skin. Thin trails of blood leaked but not enough to drip to the diseased ground. Opening her hand, she wrenched her rapier from her side in the reverse grip, swinging it into the air and catching it by its handle. It was the easiest way of unsheathing it.

She then swung and, in a burst of red, roses bloomed into existence all around her. They drifted gently in the air when, with a crack of her whip, they burst apart and left only their petals. Those too began to drift towards the ground but Rosetta did not let them. The scar that now adorned her neck glowed as she activated the power she now had and the petals began to whirl around her as if they had a mind of their own. Rosetta spared them not a glance.

It would do. For now.

[Rosetta] uses Rose Storm! Rose petals will begin targeting all enemies within a 3 Cell radius of [Rosetta] starting the End of Every Enemy Phase. Deals 100% ATK DMG. Lasts 3 Turns.
MP: 32/40
Xenosaga
Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Sonia *Total Poison-Cure Touch* *Immune Total Poison* *Null Critical Hits*
Hp: 55/55
Mp: 150/150
SC: 2/2
Move: 2 Cells

Sonia flinched as Oliver made his attack. There was nothing she liked about being this close to him, and she felt no better when Annon stepped forward and insulted their new ally. For a brief moment she returned to her normal self–she even started to step forward in order to create distance between them–but this faded almost instantaneously. The summoner murmured prayer and was not surprised when the usual piercing cry was not heard. Instead the dragon just appeared and wrapped around her protectively before moving over to where it belonged.

She did nothing more.

Sonia casts Guardian of the Astral Plain! Scather is summoned at I4!

Scather could feel his master's displacement, but, like everyone else around, was unable to do anything about it and had more important fish to fry. The dragon reluctantly turned his gaze from the summoner and fell on the abhorrent manifestation before the party. It hesitated for only a moment before calling upon a large amount of mana and firing it off in a powerful beam at the virus.

Scather casts Energy Blast on Malvine! 45 Int Damage!

Sonia *Total Poison-Cure Touch* *Immune Total Poison* *Null Critical Hits*
Hp: 55/55
Mp: 150/150
SC: 1/2
Move: 2 Cells

Scather *Null Critical Hits*
Hp: 100/100
Mp: 47/65
Int: 30
Move: 3 Cells
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Lily was much too far away and distracted by her own condition to know what everyone else was saying, though she had a feeling that Annon wasn't being very friendly towards Oliver. She didn't like Oliver any more than the next person, but that didn't mean she wanted to sign her own death warrant. Still, with her being this far away, she'd have to start off with that old technique. Lily didn't want to weaken herself too much, mostly because of the virus.

Lily closed her eyes, kneeling down in the dirt, preparing her body for the battle. She wished she could do this automatically, without having to waste time to concentrate. That would be so convenient, not just for her, but for everyone else as well. Eventually she could feel it, the mana coursing through her veins being activated to enhance her senses to the next level. She recognized the familiar feeling of power and couldn't help but smile. Despite the virus, she could still feel...hopeful.

Lily activates Lock-On! All attacks now have an infinite range for 3 turns!

MP: 62/70
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 pm

And so, the battle began. While the Viral Manifestation stood, almost tauntingly in the middle of such decaying desolation that encompassed them all, the others had already begun to act--but primarily, to prepare. Taking advantage of the violent crash of crimsonic energy that immediately came to envelop their common enemy, Shadow ran to the side, energy already collecting in his palm in the form of an unstable sphere of red power. This Oliver... he was powerful. He could feel an aura of sheer pressure--a suppression that seemed to want to suffocate one's own spirit rather than the mortal body, somehow... though, for some reason, it did not seem to be focused on them directly, but on the corporeal form of Malvine, instead.

Heading straight to combat would have been suicide. Nobody knew what this thing would be capable of... and so the Ombre Skillblade resorted to amplifying his own powers, as well as the ones of those who were nearby. As he reached a new position, he squeezed tightly the ball of active Mana causing it to be instantly compressed, allowing for the energy to be released, unrestrained, flowing to form a field--a dome--of hazy energy which remained for a couple of seconds before ultimately fading away. It not only engulfed Shadow, but a couple of his allies as well, including the Mana Disruptor...

Shadow moves to I6 (I3 - I4 - I5 - I6).

Shadow casts SaShift!
MP: 43/55

(Shadow) Atk: 26 --- 30

(Oliver) Atk: 28 --- 32

(Rosetta) Atk: 29 --- 33

(Zero) Atk: 30 --- 35

(Sonia) Atk: 7 --- 8
Shadow
Shadow
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:15 pm

As the others took their actions Zero began doing the same thing she always did. Closing her eyes and channeling what little magical capabilities she had the Windwalker allowed a gust of wind to surround her, blowing whichever way she moved and allowed her to act with more grace and efficiency. Of course all ideas of the Windwalker being 'graceful' was thrown out of the window when she opened her eyes again. They were fixed on the plague woman in front of the group, a murderous glint in them.

Zero uses Tailwind on Zero. Grants Haste
MP: 52/60
Kurio
Kurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Malvine takes 60 Dmg!

HP: 2690/2750

Malvine evades Blood Loss!

Malvine evades Immobilize!

Malvine evades Disable!

{ } { } { } { } { } {R} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } {C} {O} {S} {Z} { } { } I
{ } { } {J} { } {N} { } { } { } {L} J

Rosetta's Rose Storm has 3 turns.

Lily's Lock-On has 3 turns.

Shadow's SaShift has 3 turns.

Oliver's SaShift has 3 turns.

Rosetta's SaShift has 3 turns.

Zero's SaShift has 3 turns.

Sonia's SaShift has 3 turns.

Zero's Haste has 3 turns.

Enemy Phase.

Core waits.

Malvine moves to G5.

Hovering forward, the malicious phantom waved its hand through the air a few times, directing its tentacles to assault Oliver, but it seemed as though the man's armor was way too strong to even make much of an impact. Malvine seemed genuinely perturbed by this, and sort of relented, a passive look upon its face, but a gleam of fear could be seen deep in its eyes.

Malvine attacks Oliver! 2 hits! 26 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } E
{ } { } { } { } {M} {R} { } { } { } G
{ } { } { } {A} { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } {C} {O} {S} {Z} { } { } I
{ } { } {J} { } {N} { } { } { } {L} J

Player Phase 2!

Oliver (Mana Disruptor) *ALL DMG OUTPUT +10%* *SKL DMG OUTPUT +20%*
HP: 103/105
MP: 78/90
Atk: 28 --- 32

Rosetta (Rose Witch) *INFECTED* *ROSE STORM*
HP: 90/90
MP: 32/40
Atk: 29 --- 33
Def: 11
Int: 11

Zero (Windwalker) *INFECTED* *HASTE*
HP: 70/70
MP: 52/60
Atk: 30 --- 35
Def: 8
Int: 5
Move: 4 cells

Shadow (Ombre Skillblade)
HP: 65/65
MP: 43/55
Atk: 26 --- 30
Spr: 11

Sonia (Astral Cleric)
HP: 55/55
MP: 150/150
Atk: 7 --- 8
Move: 2 cells

Scather (Mana Dragon)
HP: 100/100
MP: 65/65
Int: 30

Lily (Archer Apprentice) *INFECTED* *LOCK-ON*
HP: 75/75
MP: 62/70
Def: 10
Int: 6

Annon (Charlatan) *INFECTED*
HP: 50/50
MP: 55/75
Def: 6

HP: 2675/2750

Oliver moves to H5.

Oliver uses Trigger Command: Punishment on Annon! 3 Piercing Dmg! [Annon is knocked to H1]

Oliver merely smirked as the virus tried to assault him only to have its blows easily deflected by his powerful armor. The look of fear on the phantom's face was even more satisfying. This...this being was terrified of him now. Unsure of itself. The doubt would probably be one of the most valuable weapons against it, though he had perfect confidence in his own power. A slight frown of distaste replaced the smirk and he waved his hand outward putting plenty of strength into it. It wound up smacking into Annon with enough force to send the guy flying and tumbling over the ground. "Do us all a favor and silence yourself. Your meaningless commentary isn't necessary," the man said simply, not once sparing a glance at the annoying trickster. If the fool had a problem with him, then they could settle it some other time. Oliver would take pleasure in putting the jester in his place, perhaps even taking his life in the progress. The world had enough fools upon it as it was.

Brandishing his gaunt, Oliver lashed out at the phantom, bringing his blade down upon it without mercy. Once. Twice. A third time. Retracting the blade, he didn't bother going on the defensive. This thing was weak. Pathetic. Almost as droll and worthless as the people that surrounded him now. Like the one he had knocked aside like a mere ragdoll. And that's all they were to Oliver. Would he use excessive force? Of course not. Father would be sure to punish me harshly for such a thing, but it's not like I need excessive force to put these chumps in their place, he thought menacingly, keeping his attention focused on the phantom in the case it had any other tricks up its sleeve.

Oliver attacks Malvine! 3 hits! 32 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Julia uses Paradise! (2/2)

MP: 58/85

Putting the finishing touches on her mural, Julia snapped her fingers and the entire glyph began to glow, spreading outwards and unleashing its magic upon her allies. From the looks of things, there was some squabbling between Valincar's brother and Annon...and it was turning violent. "Guys, please! We have to focus on the mission at hand. Don't antagonize Oliver, and Oliver, don't you dare lay a hand on anyone else again. We have to cooperate or we're not going to get anywhere," Julia meant to plea, but wound up commanding. If she really expected them to obey...or at least mildly comply, she had to make sure to sound strong. Granted she had no authority over anyone, she hoped they were sensible enough to take her advise and just work together no matter how begrudgingly for now.

Julia waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani Fri May 31, 2013 5:55 pm

Twice As Nice: Statuses that Annon inflicts last twice as long.

The trickster picked himself up off the ground, eyes flashing with something cold and dangerous as they focused on Oliver. He wiped a small trickle of blood from his mouth and came away with a smile, then paced back towards where he'd been standing, keeping a short distance between himself and the phantom Malvine. "I'd mind my words if I were you, witch killer." Annon spoke pleasantly, raising a couple fingers towards the phantom, poised to snap. "Oh dear, dear lady. Quite a predicament you've got yourself in, haven't you? When all the land is dark and not a flower to your name, where do you turn?" With that, he snapped his fingers and darkness coiled around the phantom before lancing devilishly through it several times and dissipating.

Annon moves to H-3.

Annon casts Care to Demonstrate? [-22 MP] on Malvine! 30 Int damage, 3 hits!
Cerani
Cerani

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 am

Sonia felt a fire ignite in her stomach as Oliver smacked Anon aside, but the flames snuffed themselves out almost instantly. There was nothing she could do: Oliver held much more power than she did at the moment and, as Julia had reminded them, they could not start fighting now. Malvine needed to be taken care of first and foremost; they could handle personal issues later. Casting a mournful glance in Anon's direction, she waved her staff toward the monster at hand. "Lights of Heaven, gather." the cleric whispered, readjusting her gaze toward the viral manifestation.

Sonia casts Holy on Malvine! 5 Hits! 23 Light Int Damage per Hit!
Remaining Mp: 136/150

Paradise recovers 18 Mp!
Remaining Mp: 150/150

Though the orbs of light seemingly did little to the manifestation, Sonia did not appear deterred in the slightest. Her downtrodden aura remained in-tact, stalwart against her indifferent expression. Scather shifted in response to the attack, but did not race over to Sonia in an attempt to ease the negative energies that surrounded her. Instead the dragon raised itself high and shot a large burst of energy at Malvine. It was better than nothing.

Scather casts Energy Blast on Malvine! 45 Int Damage!
Remaining Mp: 47/65

Paradise recovers 18 Mp!
Remaining Mp: 65/65

Last edited by Silver on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next