Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

Post by Masquerade on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:18 am

Melody let out a loud sigh as she took Sekai's support with much appreciation. "Oh, I'm fine. She put up a really good fight, though I wish it hadn't come to that. I just hope she knows it wasn't me who started this," the woman explained wearily. Now that it was all over, she definitely felt more tired than she had been before. With her life and pride on the line, it would have been folly to hold back, but she had really pushed her usage of magic way beyond what she had done in the past. There was also the weird string of blurry images she received in her head...and the feelings she felt from what she was positive was the future.

"Ah well. I can walk, but I think I'd feel safer if you kept a hold on that," the empath responded with a soft smile as she looked down at Sekai's grip on her arm. "I wouldn't want to fall over, so just to be safe. We'd best get back to the others yes? Especially seeing what could happen when one of us winds up alone."

*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:04 am

"I didn't see the fight, but it looks like that girl won't bother us for awhile," Sekai assured. She looked back towards the edge of the barrier, it wasn't too far away. She could see dark forms behind the barrier, but they were a good distance away from the light. She could see their beady red eyes and the smoke that came from their mouths. The Remnants.

"Looks like they can't get in," Sekai said, her voice hushed as if to prevent the Remnants from hearing her. Sekai pulled Melody's arm around her shoulder and took hold of her waist. "Alright, let's get you back over there."

--

Hikari kept looking past Mia to where Sekai ran off. She was worried about Melody, of course, but also about Sekai. Hikari remembered the intangible girl that tried to steal their gold, and Melody was the one who got it back. Did that girl follow them? If so, then was Melody okay? If she wasn't, then Sekai would also be in trouble.

Hikari was about to leave to go check when she saw Sekai and Melody appear, Melody a bloody mess and using Sekai as a crutch. Now she was relieved, but only because they were still alive. Hikari rushed over to meet them halfway.

"Sekai, Melody, what in the world happened?" Hikari asked, her face fraught with worry. She immediately set about healing Melody's grievous wounds

"I'd actually like to know the answer to that too," Sekai admitted, letting Melody down so Hikari could work on her better. "We rushed here as soon as I found her."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:56 am

As the scent of blood hit her, Rai was immediately on the alert. With the barrier up, the village was now supposed to protected now. And yet, there was someone who had gotten hurt. The knight narrowed her eyes, cradling the sleeping Amaya in her arms carefully. There was no way she was going to not investigate. Besides, the smell was coming from the point at which the entire group was supposed to meet.

With a sudden burst of speed, Rai covered the distance in record time, slowing down only when she was sure her companions were in sight. Stopping just a few feet away from them, she sent an expert glance at their surroundings. There were no signs of enemies anyway but Melody was hurt and bleeding. Her eyes narrowed.

"What happened?" she demanded, pushing down her disgust at herself. She was supposed to be a protector, and yet, she hadn't been there to protect Melody.

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Melody laughed lightly as she felt a weird sensation from remembering the encounter with the girl. It tickled her insides when she thought about it, but she eventually managed to keep her composure long enough to say something. "Remember that weird floating girl that tried to take our money before? Well, apparently she wasn't too happy about me taking it back with such ease," she related the tale simply, trying to sound not too troubled over the situation despite the fact that she was still quite wounded. "So I told her to back off if she didn't want to get defeated, but she certainly didn't listen. So I ended her, granted not before taking a beating myself." She looked down at some of the deep cuts she had suffered from. They burned in the night air, desperately aching for treatment, but Melody overall seemed unfazed by the pain. Maybe she was just trying to put up a tough front...

Mia growled ferociously over to the side and walked up to Melody. "It is my fault for being so...childish. I should not have left you alone...," she spurted out in a low voice. The young girl gritted her teeth, her hands clenched into fists. Thin tendrils of darkness lingered listlessly around her arms for a moment before vanishing as she became less tense. She felt Melody's hand upon her shoulder and resisted the urge to repulsed by the touch. As much as she hated how things wound up, there wasn't anything she could do about it except humor Melody in this instance.

"Oh, no it's not your fault, Mia, sweetheart," Melody replied in her sweet, motherly tone. "We thought everything was safe, and I should have sped it up now, shouldn't I have?" She left out the part about her actually enjoying the fact that Mia did something she hadn't done in a long while. Even though Mia had always been at least generally stoic and distant, she still liked to somewhat play with Melody in the past--as long as she wasn't aware of Melody's true goal. Now that she was, it seemed as though a wedge had been set between them. Mia's offer to have a little race knowing that she would win filled Melody's heart with hope, but she wouldn't say this. It was at this time that she found herself glad that she was the only psychic in the group.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Hikari looked from Melody to Mia, watching their exchange as she used what magic she had to heal Melody's cuts. The woman's skin was fusing together neatly, and they weren't very deep. The worst status Melody could be in was dizzy from blood loss at this point, and that would stabilize with time. But now everyone was back, Hikari noticed. Rai arrived not too soon after Sekai and Melody.

After healing Melody, Hikari collected the strands of beads from the others and connected them again, putting the necklace around her neck. She looked at her sister and asked, "Did you see anything past the barrier, Sekai?"

Sekai nodded, her expression grim. "Yeah, the Remnants are agitated, but they won't touch the barrier, I think. We're safe at least for the moment."

Hikari shook her head. If the Remnants were outside, then they just managed to seal the place off on time. It was getting very dangerous, even in this realm. They were taking too many risks, and just barely skirting past dangers. Eventually they would run out of the luck they've been seeing and really end up in trouble.

"The barrier should hold them out through the night," Hikari said, her voice hopeful. "And they won't stay when the sun reveals itself."

"Is there any way the barrier would not hold up?" Sekai asked cautiously, raising an eyebrow at Hikari. They had detached themselves from the group for the moment, but the others should be able to hear them and listen. This wasn't something that should be hidden, after all. There would be no lies or secrets between them. Except for one, the secret only Sekai didn't know.

"Yes, it is very possible the Remnants could find their way through the barrier," Hikari admitted, "But it would have to be a very powerful shadow creature in order for that to happen. And at that point, we would at least have a head start and could flee. I would know where it was, and I think Melody would as well, with her abilities."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 am

"Then we should take this time to tour the village," Rai spoke once the two princesses had finished, lifting her eyes away from Melody now that they were sure she would be alright. "If there are any shops, we can find things useful for our journey. Melody, however, will have to rest at the nearest inn." The knight sent the empath a look that allowed no argument before turning her eyes back to the rest of the group. "Talking to the locals for more information on our next destination would be helpful as well."

Amaya shifted in her arms and Rai instinctively moved to accommodate. She then frowned, the action so slight it was hardly noticeable. "Is that acceptable?"

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:00 am

"Yes, with my psychic powers I could certainly sense if something that powerful were around," Melody stated with a nod. That's when Rai spoke up, giving her a look that she definitely wished to protest against, but there was no point. It looked as if she were going to chill out at the inn. At least she could be of some use, constantly keeping her senses aware of any impending danger that would require their attention. Nodding slightly to herself, she figured that was satisfactory. "I think that is as good of an idea as any," Melody agreed halfheartedly. "A little bit of rest might do me good."

"I have no objections," Mia said flatly. She was feeling rather restless after everything that had happened, and her head kind of hurt. It'd be hard to rest or sleep with so much going on. Chances were that she'd wind up wandering about the town anyway. Wanting to take off immediately, she restrained herself in the case that Hikari or Sekai might have any objections themselves, but figured that might not be very likely. Should they all return to the inn, Mia would just use her dimension to leave when she was alone. Even with the threat of the Remnants outside the barrier, Mia remained unafraid. Thinking back, she couldn't remember a time that she felt fear. Maybe back when I actually had a life, the girl growled angrily inside her head.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Hikari nodded towards Rai, it was probably best that Melody go and rest up at the inn. She should be safe there, even if she was by herself. Plus, the residents of the town were surely awake, despite it being the night hours. With the light from the barrier and the noise from Melody's fight and their arrival, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to think there might be something to do.

As if answering her thoughts, a small shack near to the group opened up and an elderly man with thin, graying hair and misty amber eyes limped out. He wore a tan vest and dress pants, and looked at the group with tired eyes.

"The inn you are looking for does not exist," the old man croaked, coughing slightly into his hand. "We haven't had an inn in over 40 years. If you want somewhere to rest, please use my home. It's small, but better than sleeping outside."

Hikari was troubled by this, she hadn't expected anyone to give up their home for them. When she asked, the old man simply shook his head. "I saw what you did, and I'm thankful that you didn't let those evil creatures get into the village easily. This is simply my repaying you on behalf of this little town."

"Thank you," Sekai said, bowing her head slightly towards the old man.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:19 am

Forty years. Clearly, travelers didn't appear often. And yet, there was still a village. Rai frowned once more, not liking the implications of this new information. Either the villagers had nowhere else to go or there was something else keeping them here. Rai didn't like either conclusion. Wrapped up in her thoughts, she almost missed the pale, cold hand that touched her cheek.

"You're awake," the knight murmured softly, not looking down at the girl. Amaya nodded, the motion going unnoticed but Rai did notice the way the girl clutched at her clothing. Eyes narrowing, Rai looked. Amaya was clearly unwell. It was the atmosphere. During their travels, she had never brought the girl to places with such conditions. Melody wasn't the only one who needed to rest.

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Melody walked forward to the building from which the old man appeared. She stopped and bowed before him. It was definitely such a kind gesture. "Thank you so very much, good sir. I hope not to impose," the empath said graciously, entering the man's house without further ado. Despite her tough act, she really did feel like collapsing suddenly. She had used so much energy in the fight; the power she had summoned from a place she still didn't fully understand had still taken its toll on her. Once inside, she found a chair to sit in and let out a breath, taking her bracelets off to fiddle with them in her hands. The lapis lazuli was smooth to the touch. She found solace in that for the moment. Didn't realize how tired I was... she thought while shaking her head. She wanted to think more about the fight with the prankster thief. The feeling of happiness she had used to conjure forth her immense power still lingered over her heart. However, she was much to weary to worry about it now. I'm sure it is just another power lying dormant inside of me. It'll be awakened if I get stronger, just like always-- Her thoughts were disrupted by a sudden yawn.

Mia watched with vacant eyes as Melody walked into the generous man's house. "I'm going to go and patrol on my own. Call for me if you need me. I'll be there in a fraction of a second." That said, she turned her back on the others and walked down the road to keep an eye out for disturbances. When the others were out of sight, her expression still didn't change. "A normal life is too much to ask for," the girl said to herself flatly, holding out her arm to watch as the swirling darkness drifted around it listlessly. Mia sighed. "Too late to forgive. Too late for everything to be normal." The girl continued walking through the streets, keeping an eye on everything, granted she was confident in power of the light barrier.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:29 pm

All seemed to be well in the village. The Beads of Light and the medium in whom they preformed their magics, Hikari, worked flawlessly to defend the area from the Remnants. However, nothing is ever so simple as placing a barrier. This would not be enough to fend off the darkness, to keep it away, for the Beads of Light were not strong enough to banish the Shadow, not yet.

It happened outside the barrier, but soon it would not matter what side it was, for soon there would be no barrier. An aura of darkness masked a large area off, hardly visible in the pale moonlight. This sphere of evil magic was a congregation of many Remnants, who were angered by the Barrier of Light.

The aura of darkness converged on itself, then shot at the barrier, slamming into the light and pounding away at the walls. The reaction was instantaneous. A loud hissing came from the collision of the two opposites, the shadow evaporating as it hurled itself recklessly against the barrier. The barrier itself shone brilliantly, lighting up the entire village as it glowed a dazzling white and blue. At the point of convergence, however, the light grew more black than white. Anyone looking at it would surely feel fear, the same fear that Hikari felt from the very moment of impact.

"Sekai, we need to go. Now," she said urgently, grabbing her sister's arm and pulling her in the direction of the convergence. "There's something happening to the barrier, and it isn't good."

"I've gathered that much from the light it's been giving off," Sekai replied, pointing up. Indeed, the light was almost blinding. No one in the village could be asleep at this stage. They surely knew danger was on it's way, but they had also heard of the travelers who came. They knew who these travelers were, for word had spread about them from Jesu City, unbeknownst to them.

Hikari and Sekai rushed off, gathering their friends as they saw them, heading to the convergence point. Anyone they missed was surely already there, or on their way. The travelers gathered close to where the convergence was, just in time to see the barrier give way to the immense power of the shadow. The barrier cracked, then shattered into small flakes of light that kept the shape of the barrier. Moments later, the flakes began blinking out, their light muffled by the darkness. Soon enough, darkness fell over the city.

And in the place of the aura stood a massive Colossus, the cause of the Shadow Convergence, as it would be known in ages to come. It's form...terrifying. It's screech...bone-chilling. It's power...horrible. This would be no easy foe to overcome.

New Objective!
-Defeat the Shadow Colossus!

Achievement Opportunity!
-Totem Pole - Defeat the Shadow Colossus from the bottom to the top! (75 Points)
Area: Gurrera Town Outskirts
Atmosphere: The Champion of the People (+20% Allied Critical Damage)
Soundtrack: To War!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (S) (S) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (S) (S) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) (S) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) (h) (h) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Hikari (REM Cleric)
HP: 45/45
MP: 70/70
ATK: 0
DEF: 11
INT: 21
SPR: 15
Move: 2

Sekai (Martial Artist)
HP: 75/75
MP: 40/40
ATK: 25
DEF: 14
INT: 0
SPR: 9
Move: 4

Shadow Colossus
Head HP: 320/320
Arm HP: 220/220
Chest HP: 400/400
Leg HP: 220/220
MP: 500/500
Atk: 20
Def: 17
Int: 8
Spr: 14

(h) - Battered house (No one lives here, it should be okay to mess with it, I guess)(Large Object)

Player Characters may start in rows H-I!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:42 pm

So, in the end, the barrier could not hold. Looking at the looming shadow creature, Rai could understand why. Before she rushed over to engage their new foe, however, the knight paused to look down at the little ice child by her side. Amaya, though still cold to the touch, was beginning to look flushed. Clearly, she was unused to the atmosphere here and it would only get hotter as they went deeper towards the Temple of Fire. Rai had to keep herself from tightening a fist in apprehension.

"Are you alright to go on, Amaya?" she asked instead, yellow eyes tinted with worry. Amaya was silent, breathing audibly at her side as the little girl lightly leaned against her guardian. After a small moment, the child nodded slowly. Half lidded eyes struggled to stay open and it was clear she was fighting to stay upright. Without a word, Rai bent down and enveloped the girl in a tight hold. The knight felt a pang in her heart when she realized the cold air Amaya always emitted was feeble at most. It didn't even freeze her fingers.

As much as she wanted to keep the ice child from fighting, Rai didn't. She instead said, "If you're sure," before picking the child up and running over to where the battlefield lay. She stopped beside the former princess and set her charge down gently. The blonde then unclasped her weapons from her side and readied herself for the fight. Her irises glowed dimly as she gazed impassively up at the giant shadow.

[Rai] starts at [H-4].

[Amaya] starts at [I-4].

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:34 am

Inside the old man's house, Melody had nodded off quite easily, her mind slipping into peaceful oblivion. Neither dreams nor nightmares dared plague her; it was almost as if she were too tired to experience them. It was just a quiet slumber, at least until the princesses came to warn her that something was amiss. They were quick to dash off, most likely to try and find the others. Melody roused herself and exited the house, looking up at the barrier only to quickly look away. It was so bright, almost blinding. Oh dear... she thought and began to levitate so that she could hover along the streets towards the spot where apparently the shadows had congregated in an attempt to destroy the barrier. Again and again the darkness crashed against the barrier, and it seemed like the thing would hold until it finally began to crack. Melody increased her speed and arrived at the horrid scene a bit after Hikari, Sekai, Rai, Amaya did. The hulking mass of a giant shadow creature rested at the edge where the barrier had once been protecting them, but now the town had succumbed to the darkness. It would be up to them do defend the town against this thing.

Melody starts at I6.

Mia had been performing her patrol efficiently, and she noticed the light of the barrier growing a tad bit brighter. What was wrong with it? Regardless, she hissed as it became overwhelmingly bright. She glanced down at her arm to see that the darkness swirling listlessly around it had retreated. She felt oddly normal, a feeling she hadn't experienced in years. However, this was not a time to relish, for she turned her head quickly to see the shadows making their attempt to penetrate the barrier in an effort to seize the town. Mia slashed the air and hopped into the portal that appeared, using her dimension to instantly travel to the site where all the action was taking place. Another gash appeared off to the side, in front of one of the houses near the place where the colossal shadow creature stood. Mia could spy the others just a bit away, but deigned not speak a word to them. She kept her katana at the ready, however, eyes sharp and darkness surging to life around her. It was a new feeling. Never before had the darkness made itself known around her than it had at this moment. Was it because the presence of shadows was so powerful in the town? Regardless, she wasn't about to let it overtake her. She was the one in control of the chaos. And she would prove it.

Mia starts at H9.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:45 pm

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!
-Totem Pole - Defeat the Shadow Colossus from the bottom to the top! (75 Points)

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
(h) (h) ( ) (R) (S) ( ) ( ) ( ) (I) H
(h) (h) ( ) (A) (H) (M) ( ) (h) (h) I

Hikari (REM Cleric)
MP: 70/70

Sekai (Martial Artist)
MP: 40/40

Melody (Empath)
MP: 60/60
Atk: 1
Def: 13
Int: 21
Movement: 2 cells

Mia (Havocmaker)
HP: 65/65
MP: 60/60
Atk: 19
Def: 12
Int: 2
Spr: 10
Movement: 4

Amaya (Cold Guardian) *Frigid Being*
HP: 20/20
MP: 65/65
ATK: 11
DEF: 9
INT: 19
SPR: 13

Rai (King's Guard)
HP: 85/85
MP: 25/25
ATK: 22
DEF: 15
INT: 1
MOVE: 3

Shadow Colossus

(h) - Battered house (No one lives here, it should be okay to mess with it, I guess)(Large Object)

Player Phase I

"Go for it, Hikari," Sekai said, holding back for a second as Hikari twirled her staff in front of her. A light began to expand from the orb atop her staff, drawing a circle of light through the air that, when completed, expanded to surround the group close to her. A shield of light then sprung up, protecting everyone with a barrier.

"Physical attacks should not hurt quite as badly with this," Hikari said. "Knowing what we're up against here, I feel it's necessary. Be careful."

Hikari casts No Zone! Bestows Protect upon the caster, and all allies surrounding the caster.

MP: 62/70

"I'll hang back for a second, I'm a litle apprehensive as to what's going to happen here," Sekai said, grabbing her steel pole from her back and allowing the end of it to slam into the ground, the weight of it causing the earth to crack. An instant later, it acted as an attraction to electricity, which coursed through Sekai's body, charging her and activating her. Future attacks will be even more powerful with this.

Sekai uses Electro-Boost! Atk increases by 50%!

MP: 36/40

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Melody moves to H7.

Melody took solace in the barrier of light that Hikari bestowed upon her and the others that were nearby, but after taking a few steps forward and off to the side in an attempt to spread out a bit, Melody took note that Mia had joined the fray as well, but something was wrong. It was obvious now. Mia was surrounded in an aura of darkness tinted with crimson that wavered lazily around her form. The young girl seemed calm enough--perfectly normal even. This can't be good...she can't..., Melody thought in despair, but stifled a sob that threatened to break free. Trying to calm herself, she voided all thoughts that traversed her mind, even going as far as to hum a gentle tune to help keep herself occupied and focused on the meditation. She would need the concentration and the magical protection to more effectively wield her psychic powers. Thoughts threatened to press forward, but she held them back with a dam of immense focus. They were not breaking through.

Melody uses Meditate! [User INT and SPR +20%]

MP: 52/60

Mia moves to F9.

Mia strode forward, tall and proud almost. She thrust out a single hand to the side. "Come." There came to be a shadow behind her, yet how that was possible with no source of light was a great question with no answer. Regardless, it shifted along the ground and contorted into a pool of darkness beside her, rising up and taking on Mia's shape until it finally solidified. It was a shadowy copy of Mia with glowing yellow eyes. It slashed the air a few times, a trail of dark mist following after the blade. "Let's do this," she spoke tersely to the being, noting it nod its head in response. Mia wasn't afraid. This was power--true power. She loved its feeling. It was more tender than anything she had felt in the past. Even way back then when...

Mia uses Focus: Shadow Creation! [Shadow Clone is summoned to F8]

MP: 42/60

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:36 am

[Rai] moves to [G-4].

With the protective barrier in place, Rai did not hesitate to step forward. She didn't want to get too close to the giant just yet but she was also reluctant to stay close to the others. With its size, the creature could easily hit them all if they stayed together. She couldn't risk letting Amaya take a hit. The knight sent her charge a backwards and tilted her head, indicating the spot by the house. Amaya made no indication of understanding for a brief moment before she shifted. That was all Rai needed. Bringing her mind back to the task at hand, Rai steadied her breathing.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall," she murmured, finding some humor in her words. And it would fall.

[Rai] uses Silent Momentum. ATK is increased by 50%.
MP: 19/25

[Amaya] moves to [I-3].

Stepping to the side, Amaya pressed a hand against the wall of the house. Immediately a small layer of ice formed on its surface and the small girl pressed her forehead against it. The cold it emitted erased the color from her face, returning it to its usual paleness. Her visible eye gazed unseeing. She then raised her hand and, with some effort, placed her own means of protection on Rai. Everyone seemed to be preparing for something so Amaya decided to do the same, though she didn't quite understand why.

[Amaya] casts Frozen Coating on [Rai]. Decreases all taken damage by 10%.
MP: 57/65

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:16 am

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (C) (I) F
( ) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) (S) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) H
(h) (h) (A) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) (h) (h) I

Protect reduces physical damage taken! (Hikari)
Affected Characters: Hikari, Sekai, Melody, Amaya, Rai

Sekai's Attack is boosted!

Melody is meditating!

A Shadow Clone of Mia appears in F-8

Rai's Attack is boosted!

Rai is protected by Frozen Coating!

Boss Phase I

The great giant Remnant's body began to shiver, as if storing up a massive amount of power. The black shadows began lashing out at the air around it, creating a feeling of dread in those that were nearby. Something big was coming, and it wasn't going to be pretty. The Remnant Colossus kept storing up power though, was it not going to unleash it yet? If it stores up enough power, the effect could be devastating. What was it planning?

The Colossus prepares to attack.
Time Elapsed: 0/2

Hikari (REM Cleric) *Protect -3-*
MP: 62/70

Sekai (Martial Artist) *Protect -3-**Electro-Boost -3-*
MP: 36/40
ATK: 25----38

Melody (Empath) *Protect -3-**Meditate -3-*
MP: 52/60
Int: 21----25
Spr: 14----17

Mia (Havocmaker)
MP: 42/60

---Shadow Clone *Shared Stats/Abilities*
---HP: 65/65
---MP: 60/60

Amaya (Cold Guardian) *Frigid Being**Protect -3-*
MP: 57/65
ATK: 11

Rai (King's Guard) *Protect -3-**Frozen Coating -3-**Silent Momentum*
MP: 19/25
ATK: 22----33

Shadow Colossus

Player Phase II

"Be careful," Hikari whispered, watching the colossus with a slight hint of fear in her eyes. She shivered, the amount of shadow energy the beast was building up was frightening, but they couldn't lose hope. The Light was not allowed to lose to the Shadow, especially now that the hopes of the world rested with them.

Hikari shook her head free of her doubts, and raised her staff into the air. "Ragnarok!" She cried, swinging her staff down, as if it were a sword. At the same time, a ray of light shot down from the heavens at a breakneck speed, piercing through the colossus with the force of an explosion. The colossus, however, did not stumble. The form of the sword, Ragnarok, was wavering, as if it was weaker than it should have been.

Hikari casts Ragnarok through the Colossus' Chest! 34 Int Light DMG!

MP: 50/70

"That doesn't look good," Sekai said, furrowing her brow at the sight of the colossus' hunger, manifested in the shadows that leeched the air of power. She tightened her fists though, and leaped forward, twisting her body until she could spin like a top on her head. Sekai slid beneath the colossus with her legs outstretched, spinning so that she hit both legs for every rotation, a strong wind propelling her body, giving her strikes even more power.

Sekai spun out the same way she spun in, twisting so that she was right-side up and ready to defend. Was the attack going to come in the next turn? Or was it later? Either way, she had to get in another hit before things got too crazy.

Sekai moves to E-5.

Sekai uses Tornado Kick on the Colossus! 46 Atk Wind DMG! 8 hits!

MP: 26/40

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga on Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Well, from the looks of it, the giant creature was also preparing itself for an attack. Now it was all a matter of who would finish first. The two princesses were clearly unwilling to wait, however, there was one last thing Rai had to do if she wanted everyone to be in their best state. With her yellow eyes glowing fiercely, she stabbed her weapons into the ground and looked up at their adversary.

"You," she began, power radiating from her voice. "Shall FALL!" At the last word, she thrust her arm out to the side and a shockwave burst from her being. It enveloped her allies and, in the distance, something sounded. Something like a dragon's roar.

[Rai] uses Valiant Roar. All Allies gain a 20% boost in ATK!
MP: 9/25

Amaya braced herself against the house, still a little weak from the heat. She then closed her eye, calling upon her essence to come forth and crush the giant under mounds of snow. It would undoubtedly melt under these conditions but it would do. She had never felt such. . . . uncomfortableness. Was this what it was like to be weak? It made her want to collapse to her knees. But she wouldn't. Rai was still standing after all. That meant this sort of thing was normal. It was human.

[Amaya] casts Avalanche on the Enemy Party. 34 Ice INT DMG. Chance of Freeze.
MP: 31/65

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:48 pm

Melody moves to H6.

Focus maintained, Melody sidled over to a more opportune position. There was something bad coming, and she definitely wasn't looking forward to it, but no one ever got anywhere about worrying about the future. And yet I can never seem to stop worrying, she sighed mentally, focusing on one of the colossus's legs. It was now right in her line of fire, just as she had hoped, granted it wasn't difficult to line up the shot since her target was so enormous. Even though despair was pretty consistently dominating the surrounding atmosphere, Melody honed in on the inevitable joy she would feel at defeating this monstrous abomination of shadows and saving the town. That chained to the feelings of happiness her allies would feel, and then that feeling grew, empowered by the happiness that the entirety of the townsfolk would feel. She smiled, genuinely happy despite the surrounding gloom, and raised a hand towards the monster's leg. Light gathered in an immense array in front of her which charged up sparking white energy. After a moment's pause, a blast of light surged outwards in the form of a energized beam that collided with the leg she had aimed at prior to firing. The light made her face brighter making her seem even happier than what she was channeling.

Melody panted as the ray finally dissipated, the remaining light particles being consumed rather quickly by the darkness. She was lucky that she could harness such feelings like she did. Otherwise, her attacks probably would have been substantially less than effective. I guess being empath is all about drawing in the emotion, even when a particular emotion can't be found, she thought in her mind. It didn't cross her thoughts often, but she was still rather new at empathy. There were still lessons to be learned, skills to be discovered, and a total grasp over the new ability to be gained. She'd just have to keep at it, teaching herself and going through the motions until she could truly harness the power of emotion and wield it effortlessly.

I'll need all the power I can get to save Mia...from herself...and from her past...

Melody casts Joyous Beam on the Colossus's leg! 33 Light Dmg! (INT) [User SPR +10%]

MP: 35/60

Feeling the drain of her mana from the attack, Melody's eyes began to glow with azure light, a similarly hued aura surrounding one of the rickety houses in the distances. Without even using her hands, she lifted the entire house up off the ground, dust and dirt falling back to the earth, and moved it over just a bit before gently setting it down. She could feel her mana circulating a bit faster now, some of it that was toxic before now cleansed and ready for use once more.

Melody uses S-Ability Innate Control II! [Battered House (H1/H2/I1/I2) is moved to F1/F2/G1/G2]

R-Ability Exercising the Mind activates! [+6 MP Recovered]

MP: 41/60

Mia uses Word: Flow Blade! [Number of hits from basic attacks and all abilities x2]

MP: 28/60

Shadow Clone executes Word: Flow Blade as well! [Number of hits from basic attacks and all abilities x2]

MP: 46/60

Mia held her ground, but only temporarily. Like Melody, she would need to shift to a more advantageous position. However, before launching into her brutal assault, she needed to do a bit of preparation--a primer for the massacre that she was about to deliver. She ran a finger up the length of her katana, the blade wavering as she did so until it appeared to be naught but a mirage. Looking beside her, her shadow clone performed the same action, and she was pleased that the effect was the same. A disconcerted frown remained plastered on her face despite her inner confidence; she figured it could be her poker face. Now ready, she moved upwards, her shadow clone following close behind and stopping right behind her. She could sense a disturbance coming from the colossus. It was up to something; that much could be seen rather easily. Mia braced herself, but the one who would really need to brace itself...

...was the Colossus.

Mia moves to C8.

Shadow Clone follows Mia to D8.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 pm

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (S) (S) ( ) (I) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (S) (S) ( ) (C) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (S) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) H

Shadow Colossus R-Ability: Soul Sucker activates! Hikari's Ragnarok's power is reduced!

Colossus Legs takes 27 DMG! WEAKNESS!! (Hikari)

Colossus Legs takes 48 DMG! RESIST!! (Sekai)

Colossus Legs takes 36 DMG! WEAKNESS!! (Melody)

Mia's blade is wavering...

Clone's blade is wavering...

Amaya's Avalanche strikes!

Colossus Legs are hit! 20 DMG!

Colossus Chest is hit! 20 DMG!

Colossus Arms are hit! 20 DMG!

The attack doesn't connect with the Colossus Head.

Rai's Valiant Roar increases the party's Atk!

Boss Phase II

The Colossus is preparing an attack...
Time Elapsed: 1/2

The giant Remnant seemed not to care that its legs were taking a beating. It still stood, even after all of those attacks. Then, it's body began to shake, the tendrils of dark energy swirling around it even more vigorously. Whatever it was doing before, it was still storing up a ton of power. Then, it began to move. One giant leg soared over Sekai's head, who had to roll away to avoid getting flattened by it. The other leg followed suit, until it was closer than ever to where the mages were.

The Colossus moves to C5-E7

Sekai is forced to E-4

As soon as the Colossus stopped moving, the dark tendrils suddenly became spears, and pelted towards Melody, piercing her body multiple times and drawing blood that was quickly eaten by the evil shadow lances.

The Colossus uses Shadow Lance on Melody!

Damage is reduced by Protect!

Melody takes 20 Dark DMG! WEAKNESS!!

Melody evades Blood Loss!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (I) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (S) (S) (C) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (S) (S) (S) ( ) ( ) E
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) H

Hikari (REM Cleric) *Protect -2-**Valiant Roar -3-*
MP: 50/70

Sekai (Martial Artist) *Protect -2-**Electro-Boost -2-**Valiant Roar -3-*
MP: 26/40
ATK: 25----38----46

Melody (Empath) *Protect -2-**Meditate -2-**Valiant Roar -3-*
HP: 25/45
MP: 41/60
Spr: 14----17----19

Mia (Havocmaker) *Word: Flow Blade -3-**Valiant Roar -3-*
MP: 28/60
Atk: 19----23

---Shadow Clone *Shared Stats/Abilities**Word: Flow Blade -3-*
---MP: 46/60

Amaya (Cold Guardian) *Frigid Being**Protect -2-**Valiant Roar -3-*
MP: 31/65
ATK: 11----13

Rai (King's Guard) *Protect -2-**Frozen Coating -2-**Silent Momentum -2-**Valiant Roar -3-*
ATK: 22----33----40

Shadow Colossus
Arm HP: 200/220
Chest HP: 380/400
Leg HP: 89/220
MP: 474/500

Player Phase III

It can still move. Hikari was shocked to see that, though the giant demon colossus was storing up a tremendous amount of power, it was still able to move. If Hikari had to draw in power from her surroundings, then she would be rooted to the spot, unable to move. Perhaps it was because they were fighting during the night, where there is little light to bar the shadow demon's power. Or, perhaps it was just a powerful being overall. Hikari didn't want to wait to find out, this thing had to go down. Quickly.

Hikari turned to Melody first though. She had been assaulted by the shadow lances from the Colossus. Right now, she couldn't spare to put off any wounds. Not in this battle. They had to be tended to immediately, no matter how minor. Hikari didn't mind the supporting role, it's what keeps the whole team alive, after all.

"Melody," Hikari called to her friend, "I'd suggest getting as far from the beast as you can." Hikari waved her staff through the air, allowing the healing particles of light to wash over Melody and close her wounds completely.

Hikari casts Refreshing Dream on Melody! 25 Int Healing DMG!

MP: 38/70

"Blasted giant!" Sekai shouted, trying all she could to taunt the giant creature. There was no helping it if it hardly noticed her attack. The demon seemed weirdly resistant to her attacks, but she wouldn't let that bother her. She could try again, with a different technique. If that didn't work, there were plenty of other ways to bring the beast down.

Sekai jumped in between the Colossus' legs again and took her long, metal stick off her back. With a couple of quick, powerful strikes, Sekai managed to break a few things and get out from under the Colossus still alive and in one piece. The same couldn't be said for the Colossus, though it was still alive.

It was just missing a piece or two.

Sekai has a First Encounter with the Shadow Colossus' Legs! 46 Atk DMG! 5 hits!

MP: 21/40

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:02 pm

[Rai] moves to [F-5].

The giant had been brought down with the ex-princess' attack. Now, it was time to get rid of the rest. They were making surprisingly good time. Now, if they could just topple the rest down before it unleashed whatever attack it was preparing. Rai's mouth twitched up into a smile at that thought. Easier said than done, as they say.

[Rai] attacks the Shadow Colossus' [Arms]! 48 ATK DMG. 4 hits. Chance of Bleeding.

There was still more to do. Amaya felt her head tilt on its own, her eyelid slipping to a mere slit. Her weakness was still there but fading. Was she, perhaps becoming accustomed to the atmosphere? If so, then that would be a good thing, she thought. Rai would be happy to know she wasn't feeling unwell anymore.

[Amaya] casts Avalanche on the Enemy Party! 34 Ice INT DMG. Chance of Freeze.
MP: 5/65

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Melody uses Levitate! [Bestows Float][User Move x2]

MP: 33/60

Melody gasped as blood flew out of her mouth and spilled from the wounds that the lances had inflicted upon her. She hadn't been expecting such a powerful attack, yet the powers of darkness seemed to make the attack that much worse. Just as she felt like she might pass out from the sheer pain, a refreshing, warm light fell upon her and her wounds fully healed, the traces of shadow that threatened to linger behind dissipating before the radiant power. Letting out a long, drawn-out sigh, Melody regained her composure. "Thank you, Hikari." Her eyes wandered up to the monstrosity, and her body became surrounded in a teal psychic aura before slowly starting to float into the air. "I think I might also take you up on that advice."

As worried as she was specifically for Mia's well-being, it now registered in her mind that they were all entirely in dire danger. Not even thinking twice about her new plan of action, Melody darted through the air around her allies taking solace next to the abandoned house that she had been moving around with her mind. She didn't bother to do so this time around; there were other things she needed to focus on at the moment with the number one priority being her safety seeing as how she was surprisingly susceptible to this colossus's attacks. Hovering in the air, she kept a worried gaze on her friends. This was a losing battle for the darkness, for sure, but they needed to play their cards right.

Melody moves to G1.

Mia uses End: Shadow Circle on Shadow Colossus [Head]! 16 hits! 29 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [User may take another action]

MP: 2/60

Shadow Clone executes End: Shadow Circle on Shadow Colossus [Head]! 16 hits! 29 Dmg per hit! (ATK) [User may take another action]

MP: 20/60

Mia attacks Shadow Colossus [Head]! 8 hits! 23 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Shadow Clone attacks Shadow Colossus [Head]! 8 hits! 23 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

It was time. Mia slashed the air and vanished into her own dimension only to exit higher above, standing upon the air. Her shadow clone followed suit, arriving in the air next to her. Mia's form wavered and more shadow clones shot out from each of her sides until her and her clones had the colossus's head surrounded. No trace of a smile could be seen on Mia's face, and the girl ran a solitary finger down the length of her blade which seemed to distort at her touch because of the spell she had placed upon it. In a split second, she had dashed forth, completely cleaving through the head, and that was when all hell broke loose. Each of her shadow clones also dashed in, one after another, slash after slash. Each one disappeared as soon as its attack had been completed, however, Mia had another trick up her sleeve, and that was the permanent shadow clone she had made before which was wavering and producing shadow clones of its own now. The main shadow clone dashed in as she had done allowing the others to follow suit, disappearing as soon as they had struck, but it was as the last one launched its attack that Mia carved the air with her blade and entered her own dimension only to wind up right in front of the colossus's face. She hacked and slashed at it with keen, precise strokes before getting the hell out of there through her dimension once again, winding up on the ground in time to view her shadow clone replicating her actions and making its own escape.

The clone appeared out of Mia's dimension on the ground next to her and she let out a breath. "It was foolish to think it would defeat us," the girl stated simply, her clone nodding earnestly in affirmation. Mia turned on a heel to look at her handiwork, along with the handiwork of the others. They were lopping this thing down to size, just as was expected. This was what power felt like. Darkness swirled around her form, tinged with pink, but she paid no heed to it now. Power was power.

It really was just that simple.

Mia waits.

Shadow Clone waits.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:23 pm

New Objective!

Achievement Opportunity!

(h) (h) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
(M) (h) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (A) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) (h) (h) I

Colossus Legs takes 145 DMG! (Sekai)

...The legs have been blown off! The Chest and Arms are accessible by all attacks. The Head is accessible by ranged attacks and Mia.

Melody can float!

Colossus Head takes 232 DMG! The 4th and 13th hits are Critical hits! (Mia)

Colossus Head takes 192 DMG! (Shadow Clone)

Colossus Head takes 64 DMG! The 2nd hit is a Critical hit! (Mia)

Colossus Head takes 64 DMG! The 2nd hit is a Critical hit! (Shadow Clone)

Colossus Head OVERKILL!

Colossus' R-Ability: Soul Sucker can no longer activate!

Amaya's Avalanche strikes!

Colossus Chest takes 20 DMG!

Colossus Arms take 20 DMG!

Colossus Arms take 124 DMG! (Rai)

Boss Phase III

The Colossus is preparing an attack...
Time Elapsed: 2/2

Great Roar is Unleashed!

Though the Colossus no longer had a head, only part of its abilities were disabled. The great power that it had been storing up had finally reached its peak, and when the head of the giant fell, that power remained, and had to go somewhere. It came out of the gaping hole in it's chest. The roar, so ear-shattering, so high-pitched, tore through the party's minds and souls, shaking them down to their bone as the great power was unleashed.

Sekai is Shocked!

Sekai is Feared!

Mia is Shocked!

Mia is Feared!

Shadow Clone is Shocked!

Shadow Clone is Feared!

Rai is Shocked!

Rai is Feared!

The Colossus turned its enormous body around until it faced the immobile Mia, who was caught along with her shadow clone in its overwhelming aura of power. Slowly, a giant claw reached over and pressed down on the girl that had destroyed its head, crushing her.

Colossus uses Crush on Mia! 32 Atk DMG! Chance of Immobilize!

Mia is Immobilized!

(h) (h) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
(M) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (A) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) (h) (h) I

Hikari (REM Cleric) *Protect -1-**Valiant Roar -2-*
MP: 38/70

Sekai (Martial Artist) *Shock -3-**Fear -3-*
MP: 21/40

Melody (Empath) *Protect -1-**Meditate -1-**Valiant Roar -2-**Float -3-*
MP: 33/60
Spr: 14----17----19
Movement: 2 cells----4 cells

Mia (Havocmaker) *Shock -3-* *Fear -3-**Immobilize -3-*
HP: 45/65
MP: 2/60

---Shadow Clone *Shared Stats/Abilities**Shock -3-**Fear -3-*
---MP: 20/60

Amaya (Cold Guardian) *Frigid Being**Protect -1-**Valiant Roar -2-*
MP: 5/65
ATK: 11----13

Rai (King's Guard) *Shock -3-* *Fear -3-*
ATK: 22

Shadow Colossus
Head: *Overkill*
Arm HP: 36/220
Chest HP: 360/400
Legs: *KO*
MP: 438/500

Player Phase IV

Hikari gasped, but her exclamation could not be heard through the tormenting screech that was released from the giant remnant. She felt her own body nearly give way under the immense pressure of the remnant's aura. The colossus was powerful, of that she had no doubt. But to be able to do this much with just a scream, a scream while being headless.

When the screaming was over, Hikari looked up to see who had gotten caught in the terrible taunt. Sekai, Rai, and Mia. All three of them succumbed to the power and were either hunched over or on their knees. Hikari could see the sweat pouring from Sekai's face. That kind of power, to make Sekai fall to her knees, was something to be feared.

There was too much. Hikari wasn't sure what to do.

Sekai, on the other hand, knew exactly what Hikari should do. She glanced over at her younger sister and saw a frightened, lost girl. No longer was she a princess with a decisive air and confident aura. No, this battle changed her, and the situation now changed her.

"Hikari! Ragnarok!" Sekai shouted, pointing at the giant remnant, as it attacked Mia. "Don't worry about us, we'll be fine! Use Ragnarok!"

Hikari bit her lip, but soon made up her mind. If that was what Sekai wanted, and she was sure they wouldn't get too badly hurt, then Hikari would use every ounce of her power to attack, not to heal. She raised her staff into the air, the girl with incredible healing powers readying a powerful attack, one of the most powerful light-based moves the little sage knew.

Hikari swung down her staff. "Ragnarok!"

Hikari casts Ragnarok on Colossus Arms! 51 Int Light DMG! WEAKNESS!!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xenosaga on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:30 pm

Though she struggled, Rai found she could not herself up against the roar that erupted from the shadow colossus. With shaking limbs, the knight barely kept herself from falling to her knees, having the need to use her blades to keep herself on her feet. She gritted her teeth in slight frustration. The beast had effectively taken out their entire front line for seconds, minutes.

However, time was precious and they couldn't afford to not deal damage right now! Rai sent a quick glance toward her charge who was looking still far too flushed for the woman's liking. Amaya was ice personified, she wasn't meant to turn any color besides blue or white! Not to mention the lack of mana in the child was only making her worse. The knight couldn't speak with her mouth but she could still do so with her eyes.

Amaya herself felt, for the first time, at a loss. She was weak, the battle, the heat, the instability of her own form. She needed to sustain herself and using her powers was not helping. She caught Rai's eyes and understood the meaning being sent. Rummaging through a bag the knight had insisted she have, Amaya pulled free a bottle of green and downed it with no hesitation.

[Amaya] uses Goblin's Blood! Restores 20 MP. 1 Remaining.
MP: 25/65

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Taking Hikari's advice had proven to be the best thing Melody could have done at that particular moment.  Had she been caught up in the colossus's devastating roar, she would have been helpless.  The sound still reached her hiding place--a small refuge next to a battered old house that appeared to be uninhabited.  It was a frightening sound, something that sent shivers coursing through her being, and what made it worse was that she could feel Hikari's fear as well--the only other source.  The others appeared so unfazed.  How could they remain so strong after something like that?  Melody peaked out from behind the house in time to see the colossal shadow crushing Mia with a giant hand.  "Mia!!" the empath shouted out in worry.  The young girl was strong, but with as much strength as this monster possessed...was she going to be all right?

Trembling in worry, Melody hovered higher into the air, eyes glowing with teal light.  The house she had been hiding behind suddenly became enveloped in that very same light before slowly lifting off the ground.  The strain was evident in the muscles tensed in Melody's face, but the effort slowly dissipated and the house was suspended completely in midair, captured by Melody's psychic prowess.  "Leave her alone!" the woman shouted, her voice distorted by her own power.  With a mighty swing of her arms, the house was sent flying directly towards the torso, hopefully crashing into it with great force.  The light faded from Melody's eyes and she lowered to the ground, hands clenched in worry.

Melody uses Flying Object on Shadow Colossus [Chest]!  40 Dmg! [Hurls Battered House at target][Large object][Object is destroyed] (INT)

MP: 19/60

R-Ability Exercising the Mind activates! [+6 MP Recovered]

MP: 25/60

Melody waits.

No regrets.  The darkness loomed ever nearer as Mia was struck immobilized and stunned by the awesome roar.  She gazed up at the hulking creature, now nothing more than a chest and arms and remained defiant in the face of what was sure to be imminent pain.  Her body didn't want to cooperate with her, but her mind was fearless.  Her clone mimicked her defiance, but it was only the original Mia that was crushed by the colossus's giant hand.  It hurt greatly, but she would live.  Her body lie on the ground as the hand lifted away only to be blown to bits by Hikari's magic, but Mia remained where she was, not bothering to give up.  The cold dirt...it was somewhat soothing.  Her clone looked down upon her...was that a look of concern on its dark, shadowed visage?

Great, I'm hallucinating, she thought blandly as she closed her eyes, trying to lose herself until her body was back in working condition.  She hoped the others could handle the beast without her.

Mia waits.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down