Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

4 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light - Page 18 Empty Re: Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:43 pm

New Objective!
-Defeat the Shadow Colossus!

Achievement Opportunity!
-Totem Pole - Defeat the Shadow Colossus from the bottom to the top! (75 Points)
Area: Gurrera Town Outskirts
Atmosphere: The Champion of the People (+20% Allied Critical Damage)
Soundtrack: To War!

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (I) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (S) (S) (C) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) (S) (S) (S) (S) ( ) ( ) E
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) (R) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
(M) (h) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) (A) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) (h) (h) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Colossus Arm takes 37 DMG! WEAKNESS! (Hikari)

Colossus Arm KO!

Only the Colossus Chest is left! Attack!

Colossus Chest takes 23 DMG! (Melody)

Boss Phase IV

As soon as the arms of the giant demon blew off, the chest fell to the ground with a heavy thud. How would it attack now that it did not have any limbs or it's head? There was no telling what would happen next, but the shadows that surrounded it like tendrils of power seemed to grow even more agitated. Just as it appeared to ready itself for an attack, the whole thing suddenly stopped moving completely.

Off in the distance, a faint light began to appear over the horizon. Despite not having eyes, the colossus seemed to realize that the sun was finally beginning it's ascent. Before Hikari or the others could take advantage of the giant's hesitation, however, the shadow colossus literally exploded into much smaller fragments of it's former self, into smaller creatures of shadow. The tiny beasts rushed passed the group, but not before a few of them grabbed Amaya and Rai by their ankles. Hikari noticed the beasts and started forward to banish them quickly, but was knocked aside by another beast, causing her to fall. When she looked up, Amaya and Rai were gone. And so were the little shadows.

What...just happened?

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (I) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) (S) ( ) ( ) ( ) (C) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
(h) (h) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
(M) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) (h) (h) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

The Shadow Colossus has been neutralized!

Objective Complete! (sorta)

Experience Earned:
+5 - Shadow Colossus Leg
+5 - Shadow Colossus Arm
+6 - Shadow Colossus Head
+1 - No Player Character KO
+1 - Finished in less than 10 Player Phases

Total Experience: 18

Hikari
Level 12
Next Level: 62/54
Hikari Level Up!
3 Stat Points earned!
1 Skill Point earned!
Level 13
Next Level: 8/54

Sekai
Level: 13
Next Level: 19/54

Melody
Next Level: 35/54

Mia
Next Level: 26/54

Items Found:
-Shadow Cuirass
-Death Ring
-Mana Elixir

No Gold found...

Update your profiles please, more is coming soon.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light - Page 18 Empty Re: Tales of a Dreamer: The Beads of Light

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:19 pm

The Result of War

"Amaya...Rai...what..." Hikari murmured, her eyes wide with shock at what just happened. The two were taken away from her, against their wills, against her will. She could have saved them. If only she reacted quicker. Hikari clenched her fists, tears beginning to well up in her eyes at the thought of losing two friends to the shadow. They weren't even in bad health, they just got...caught and taken away. And why them? Why not her? She was the one who had the power to banish the Shadow, after all. Why were only those two taken away?

Hikari looked away, wiping the water from her stinging eyes. All of there efforts now, were they a vain attempt to try to correct the world? Would the same thing happen to Melody or Mia or Sekai? Hikari couldn't...she wouldn't stand for it. Though it pained her so, she had to stay strong, or else she would never move from her spot.

Hikari went over to Sekai, who was expressionless without any signs of tears or sadness. But on the inside, Hikari knew that Sekai felt just as she did. Pained. Grieved. Hikari waved her staff over Sekai's body, relieving her of the afflictions that were put on her. When Sekai got up, Hikari went to Mia and did the same. She wondered how Mia felt now. She wasn't like Sekai or herself, she seemed to be made of sturdier stuff. But even she must feel something from losing two friends, right?

"We should go," Sekai said quietly. "We'll need the whole day to get to the Twilight Forest, and we don't want to run into any more trouble." Hikari nodded, but she didn't seem like she actually heard Sekai speak.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:38 pm

Just go.

The air seemed to waver in absolute despair. The light destroyed, the town subjected to one of the greatest monstrosities it could be, and their friends and allies--stolen away by the very darkness itself. No. It just couldn't be. Melody's feet touched the ground, her skin crawling and tears welling up within her eyes. Running. Her kimono flapped in the breeze generated by her speedy sprint, the fastest she had ever run in her life, right to the spot where the colossus had been disintegrated--where the shadows had merely vanished with Rai and Amaya. Falling to her knees, Melody trembled, her tears quenching the thirst of the earth as she began to dig in the dirt desperately, as if hoping to find their bodies in shallow graves, buried alive. They couldn't be gone. They just couldn't be. Dirt kept flying as she dug, the particles lodging beneath her beautiful fingernails, her creamy white skin smudged with grime and cut by some rocks hidden beneath the soil. Stopping suddenly, she looked into the sky and let out a sharp scream, her whole body becoming enveloped in the teal psychic energy that she wielded, eyes glowing vividly. Her form levitated into the air, the psychic aura blazing like a wildfire as she conjured two large spheres of that very energy. Pounding her fists downward, the spheres mimicked her movements, desperately slamming against the ground.

"Melody!!" Mia shouted suddenly. She didn't know what to think. Hikari had helped her up, and though the other two were gone, it was of no consequence to her. They would live. They had a mission, after all. And of course she had one of her own. She would not be subjugated...not now...not by this...

...chaos.

Again and again the earth quaked as the mighty powers of the empath were employed, the spheres causing dirt and rubble to fly through the air as a crater began to form at the mercy of her psychic strength. The wind began to pick up speed as her anguish intensified, as if every second of not finding Rai and Amaya made things worse and worse. Mia couldn't stand it anymore. This was...this was NOT the time. A blast of surging energy--red, pink, and black in hue--soared through the sky taking the form of a giant arm and hand, the latter of which grasped Melody tightly, the dark fingers wrapping themselves around the psychic's form. From out of Mia's back, a dark vortex had appeared--the source of the chaotic arm. The teal blaze tried to intensify, to burn away the new energy that surrounded it, but it would not be quashed. A burning flame literally overtook Mia's eyes, the irises glowing red like malice and the hand tightened its already vice-like grip. Melody's form seemed to go limp in that very instant, the psychic spheres being ripped to shreds, unwinding in spirals and shattering completely. The particles were left to be scattered on the light breeze that the intense gust from just moments prior had deteriorated into. The hand lowered Melody slowly to the ground, lying the body on the loose dirt.

Mia sighed and thrust her arm outwards causing the arm and vortex to disappear in but a single moment, the fire in her eyes extinguished. In an instant she was by Melody's side, looking down at the distraught woman with the tearstained face, and she felt something warm trickle down her own cheek. "There you go again, you worthless woman. Making me be strong...where you cannot be." She knelt down and scooped Melody up effortlessly, shifting the taller woman onto her back with surprising ease. "I've had to be strong all my life, Melody...because of what I've lost. And it seems that I will never get to enjoy a moment of weakness whereas you seem to delight in that fancy every single day of your wretched life." She began pacing over towards Hikari and Sekai, not worried about what they thought of the spectacle. Melody would have to face the music when she awoke.

"When will I get to be normal?" The dark aura flashed into existence around Mia and lingered tauntingly for a few moments before fading.

"Never."

Coming to a stop near the princesses, she gazed up at them with stoic eyes. "I'm sorry for her actions, but we are ready to go now."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Woah... was Hikari's only thought as she could only watch Melody, beautiful, kind, and gentle Melody, take on such rage and emotion. Hikari was no empath, but she could feel the force of Melody's will trying to take control of fate with magic. And no one could turn back the time, not even the gods. That Melody was even attempting something like this...was frightening. Hikari looked away. She did not want to see Melody like this.

When she turned again, Mia had gained control over Melody, and was carrying her. Hikari worried, but knew that Mia would never intentionally harm Melody. To truth, Hikari was not ready to go. She knew there was nothing she could do here, she knew that. But that didn't stop her from trying to figure out how to create a portal into the shadow realm right then and there. That wasn't something she could do now, but if she moved on, she would be able to eventually. That was her purpose, after all. The entire point of this journey was to create a link between the two opposite realms.

"Let's go," Sekai took Hikari by her shoulders and pulled her along. Hikari's feet began to move, finally, and the group, now turned to four, pressed on.

---

As Sekai had stated before, it took the whole day to reach the edge of the Twilight Forest. Or that's what they thought, anyway. The forest was covered in an ancient magic that warped time and light in such a way that the sun was not visible, and it always seemed to feel like the time of twilight. Even though they had not entered the forest, the magic was beginning to affect them. So the magic of hallucinations would also begin to affect them.

"So, how do we get through without getting lost?" Sekai asked aloud, frowning at the dense woods in front of them.

"Well...I don't really know," Hikari replied honestly, looking up at the dimly lit sky. She wasn't entirely sure if it would work, but she could definitely try using magic to protect them from the effects of the forest's magic. But before she could think of trying out any spells, the group heard a rustling come from the forest. Hikari stepped back a little bit, not expecting anything friendly, but was quickly proven wrong when a tall woman appeared from the forest.

The woman's hair was a vivid green, like the plants that surrounded her, and her blue eyes seemed to hide from the world, giving her a sort of empty look, like she wasn't really there. She wore a brown cloth that hung over her like a robe, covering up most of her body except for the left side of her upper chest. On her back sat a wooden bow and a quiver filled to the brim with arrows.

The woman stopped in front of the group and titled her head to the side a little. At that same moment, a small squirrel's head popped up from behind her right shoulder. She stayed quiet for a moment before taking another step forward. "Hello, travelers," she spoke, her voice smooth and sweet like honey. "If you're looking for passage into the forest, then you've come at a bad time."

"We need to get through here," Sekai stated bluntly, not keeping her eyes off of the strange woman. "The Sage of Fire called for us, we have to get to him."

"Oh, pardon me, that isn't what I meant," the woman replied quickly, holding up her hands in a form of surrender. "I was merely saying that it is incredibly dangerous in the forest at the present time. The guardian spirit is restless and angry, if he comes across anyone, they're likely to be killed, and I'm no fighter."

"That's not a problem," Sekai repeated her blunt attitude, though she began to let up a little on her tone. "We can handle ourselves in a fight."

"Oh, well if you're confident enough, I can lead you to the city. Oh, pardon me, my name is Caoimhe Lillias. I often find travelers lost in the woods here, so I've taken it upon myself to guide them out. Speaking of which," the woman, Caoimhe, looked behind her. "The exit is over here, ladies! This way please!"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:08 am

Ashe sighed. How they ended up in these woods was beyond her. Only a few minutes ago she had been leading several of her guild members out of the dungeons in the royal palace; whatever Vittoria had done when the guard showed up worked. A little too well, the Elemental Evoker thought bitterly, eyes trained on the woman who had found them. If it hadn't been for her, Gods only know what would have happened to them! Death was the only certainty; this forest had the strangest of magicks warping its entirety–Ashe knew that even Vittoria wouldn't be able to overcome it.

Vittoria.

Ashe sighed again, ignoring the constant apologies flowing from behind her. The girl hadn't stopped even after their savior had found them. Truthfully, Ashe was not mad . . . rather she was not angry. Frustrated, worried, and just the slightest bit anxious, yes, but not angry. The spur of the moment spell had saved them–even if it had landed them in hot water–and the Guild Commander was thankful for it; her issues lied solely with the rest of her crew. Had they been transported elsewhere in the woods? Were they even in these woods? Did the spell affect them at all?

Ashe didn't know.

"We'll find them! They've got to be around here somewhere! I'm sorry!" Honestly, Vittoria didn't know either, but she attempted to be optimistic. There wasn't much else they could do otherwise. Even if the spell hadn't whisked them away, the group had managed to find their seized equipment–they had the ability and determination to fight their way out. But they have to be here, Vittoria affirmed internally, they just have to be!

"Please Commander, I'm sorry! I didn't–"

Ashe stopped short, turning away from the woman they had been following and directing her stony gaze on her ally. "Stop. You've apologized enough, there's nothing we can do about it now; If they're here, we'll find them. Now focus."

Vittoria felt herself shrink back a bit, but before she could say anything in response, their guide called out to them. "The exit is over here, ladies! This way please!" The Spellslinger could only watch as her leader turned on her heels and marched in the direction of the voice. The conversation clearly over, Vittoria shuffled along after silently, eyes cast down.

Coming into the clearing of the forest, Ashe's cobalt-colored eyes locked on the group of unknown people. "Friends of yours or...?"
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Mia had followed the princesses in absolute silence with Melody still unconscious on her back. She desperately needed a bath; her rage wound up getting her so dirty. Her face was smudged with dirt and tearstains. Pathetic, the girl thought as she trundled along with ease. The forest eventually came into view and she ceased her daydreaming. An entire forest tainted by magic. She could feel herself getting a bit dizzy just looking at it, watching the shadows flicker as if they were beings themselves, but in essence, they were just normal shadows. However what was truth and what was fiction would be lost if they entered that forest as it was. How they were going to get through it was certainly a good question. Mia thought about mowing down the entirety of it, but knew the others would disagree with such a plan if it could even be exacted what with all the magic. But a girl could hope.

Just then, a woman appeared from within the trees, telling of the danger that lie within. Apparently, magical hallucinations weren't the only thing they'd have to worry about, but some monstrous guardian spirit as well. Granted the group had faced far worse, but with Rai and Amaya gone and Melody temporarily incapacitated, entering without any assistance would be reckless. It may have been something that Mia did best, but at a time where she was counting on everyone to survive, primarily her, being reckless wasn't exactly a good game plan--not one she was willing to go along with. The woman, Caoimhe, offered to lead them if they were confident. At least they wouldn't be alone. Sighing in relief, her eyes shot open instantly as two other women exited the forest. Had they been lost inside?

Mia sneered. "How lucky you are that Caoimhe found you," she spoke up, stepping forward until she was next to Sekai, shifting Melody's weight a bit. "What were you doing in the forest in the first place?" Who in their right mind would enter such a place by their own will? Aside from herself, Melody, Hikari, and Sekai. They had a perfectly valid excuse. But what was their story?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Ashe quirked a sharp eyebrow at the child who addressed her first. Were children so nosy in this realm? Glancing for but a moment at Vittoria, Ashe's visage returned to its usual stoic. Perhaps that sneer was more particular to the individual than the realm as a whole. "Spell gone awry," Ashe stated, thrusting her thumb in the Spellslinger's direction.

"It saved our lives." Vittoria added quickly, hoping to avoid another scornful look from the mysterious girl.

"And landed us in deeper hot water." Ashe asserted, quieting the girl instantly; the spellslinger's head fell once more. The Elemental Evoker let out a breath in near-silence, turning her gaze back to the party. "I was leading a rescue mission when we were surrounded, my guild mate acted quickly. . . too quickly for my liking. We were transported into this forest, but our other allies were nowhere to be found; I'm not sure if they're around here anywhere, but I would want to find them as soon as possible if they did manage to get trapped in a different part of these woods."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:31 pm

"Oh, you poor things," Hikari murmured ever so softly, putting a hand to her mouth. There was something about these two that made her feel...almost sorry. Though it wasn't pity she felt, more like she empathized with them. "If your friends are in the forest, they are surely lost within the illusions that blanket this place."

"Or, you know, they could just not be there," Sekai said with an indifferent shrug. She too, understood the blight of the lost duo here and wished them well, but she couldn't be bogged down by the needs of another. They couldn't afford that right now, they had a goal.

"Your friends are not in this forest," Caoimhe spoke assuredly, "I would have sensed their presence in the forest, like I did yours. Did you not think it was odd that I came across you in the middle of the forest? It was no circumstance, believe me."

Hikari glanced at Caoimhe with a peculiar look. This girl was more than just a hunter. Obviously she was a denizen of the forest, perhaps of the town that was located deep within the forest. She was not affected by the illusion magic within the forest, but to be able to sense others within the forest? With all this magic surrounding her? That was hard to believe, unless she held some hidden power.

"I beg your pardon, Miss Caoimhe," Hikari started, "but could you tell us who, or what, you are, exactly?" Caoimhe seemed perturbed by this question, though she did not snicker nor scoff at the question. She hesitated for a long moment before deciding to answer Hikari's question, and even then there was a delicacy about her voice that didn't seem to belong.

"I am a simple Lady of the Forest and one of the citizens of Twill, the city that lies within." Caoimhe remained warm, though her expression hardened at the mentioning of the city. "We call ourselves the Twilight Walkers, for we can live within the illusions of the forest without becoming subject to it's magics. You could say that we are immune to illusions and deceit. It would not be wise to lie to a Twilight Walker. They will know. As will the forest."

Hikari and Sekai glanced at each other, both of them hoping the same thing. That no one would delve too deeply into their past. Into their identity. The last thing they needed was everyone in the world knowing that the two only princesses have left their home. That would draw attention. Too much attention. They couldn't afford that.

"Forgive me, Caoimhe, for the question," Hikari said, "I did not mean any offense to you."

"Apology accepted, just be careful what you ask of me in the..." Caoimhe stopped, her brow furrowing, "actually, on second thought, you should probably only ask me questions like that or of any sort. Pertaining to the Forest and it's people, anyway. Many within Twill would not appreciate your scrutiny. May I also ask for your names?"

"Yes of course! How rude of us to withhold our names," Hikari apologized again quickly, then gestured to Sekai and her companions. "This is Sekai, my sister. And these are our friends, Mia and Melody. My name is Hikari. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is mine." Caoimhe didn't seem to react to hearing the names of the two princesses, so that was a good thing. "Before we enter the forest again let me give you a warning. It is highly likely that the guardian spirit will notice your presence. If he decides to confront us, I will not fight him."

"Why not?" Sekai asked, her own brow furrowing this time. "You're telling us that you won't fight to defend us from being killed by the spirit-thing?"

"It is not my place," Caoimhe replied, returning Sekai's glance with her own stoic gaze. "If I were to raise arms up against the protector of the forest in which I live, he would cast me out and brand me as a deserter. There magic here is more than just illusions. Now if you're done asking me questions, I suggest we move. It will not take long for the guardian to notice you."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Mia listened to the explanation that the two women gave about their situation but became quickly disinterested. She stoically gazed at the twilit trees in the distance as Hikari and Sekai had their exchange of words with Caoimhe. She was getting rather restless. Shifting Melody's weight once again, she walked around the others and got closer to the forest before coming to a halt, gazing up at the trees with menacing eyes. "If he's desperate enough to meet his end, then let's go." Her words seemed so cold even if the place was rather warm. "I'll slice him to pieces. If this guardian is smart, he'll stay away from us."

Some decent bloodshed would soothe the soul for sure. Quell the chaos. Mia needed her own brand of piece and tranquility, and she felt she would never get a moment on this journey. The internal struggle was so real. The chaos gave her so much power--power that threatened to consume her. Should she just let it? Become a monster and destroy everything? What did she really have left to lose? It was at that moment that the empath's weight on her back seemed that much heavier. She let out an inaudible sigh. Such a difficult question.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Ashe raised an eyebrow slightly, sparing a glare at Vittoria when the woman confirmed that their allies were not within the forest. So her ally had not sent them into the woods, but it remained to be seen that her subordinates were not in this world. With any luck, they might have been sent to a less dangerous area within this realm––somewhere where they could recuperate and possibly seek a way back home. Worries, somewhat foolishly, assuaged, the guild commander shifted her eyes to the group of women.

"Might I ask that we come along?" she asked, cobalt eyes locked on Hikari, for it seemed to Ashe that she was the leader of this group. "I realize we have only just exited this forest, but it seems to me that you might be in need of some help. As we do not currently know the whereabouts of our allies, it could not hurt for us to search for them while also offering you help." It seemed fairly safe to assume that these women and their venture would not end with this forrest.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:04 pm

"Would you? That would be gr-"

"Hold on Hikari," Sekai interrupted quickly, stepping forward so that she could speak to the woman, this character who offered them help. She didn't want to seem ungrateful for their offer, but she had to be doubly sure. They were on quite an important mission, after all. One little mistake could end up getting them all killed, and Sekai would have none of that. She looked at the girl straight in her eye, the unwavering gaze almost piercing. "I need to make one thing very clear."

"Sekai, what are you-" Hikari started, but she was cut off again, only this time Sekai held out her hand, blocking Hikari from view. Hikari stood back, a little surprised and a little worried. Caoimhe looked on with mild interest as Sekai approached the woman and her companion.

"I need to make this expressively clear. The four of us are in a very important...ordeal. If one thing goes wrong, we could all end up dead, or worse. From what I understand, this isn't your world. This world, our world, is threatened, and Hikari here is the only one with the ability to prevent the catastrophe that is knocking on the door. We don't have time for side missions, we're crunched for time as it is. If you plan on sticking with us and helping us out, you need to know that we won't have time to look for your friends, if they are even in this world." Sekai stopped, finally, and took a small step back. She watched the two girls carefully, waiting to see their reactions. Softly, she added, "don't misunderstand. I am...we are grateful for any help you can offer us. You just need to know that we can't get sidetracked."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Vittoria frowned as the woman, Sekai, approached Ashe and explained the situation. Whatever was going on in this other world bothered her, but by the looks of it, the commander remained unwavering. In fact, an intense flare of determination burned in those dark eyes of hers. It almost scared the Spellslinger. "Captain, I–" she began, but the Elemental Evoker put her hand up, not even glancing in her direction out of the corner of the former's eye.

"I assure you that the circumstances surrounding your and this world's predicament are understood entirely. At least, as much as you have explained to me thus far. I give you my word that we shall not hinder your progress in preventing this... veritable armageddon as it so sounds––I won't allow myself or my subordinate to interfere with the saving force within a realm that is not our own." Ashe responded smoothly, not once blinking. "Nevertheless, my offer stands. If we find our friends, we'll take it from there: get out of this world. If we don't, then we will take it as it comes and offer our abilities until no longer required. Either way, you have our assistance."

At that she turned her gaze to her subordinate, the look on her face expressing that this was a decision the latter would not be getting out of. They knew not a thing about this world––it would be foolish of them to attempt to traverse it themselves, especially if such catastrophe was upon them. She could make no argument.

Vittoria just nodded.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Caoimhe sighed in relief, glad that the confrontation ended without anyone ripping each other apart. Of all things, she hated conflict most. That's probably why the forest was enchanted in the first place. Still, she couldn't tell that story right now, there was too much at stake here, it seemed. She didn't know the full story about what was happening, she just knew that something big was happening. The Sage might have mentioned this to her before...Caoimhe grimaced. She probably should have paid attention to him more.

"If there is nothing else, we should go. We're losing twilight here," Caoimhe joked easily, gesturing for the girls to follow her. "Single file please, the forest is thick. Don't let the person in front of you out of your sight, and don't follow any strange lights or creatures," Caoimhe instructed them carefully, she wanted to make sure that they could hear exactly what she was saying to them. If even one of them got lost it would be a major pain to double back and try to find them.

"We're ready when you are, Caoimhe," Hikari replied kindly, stepping forward so that she was directly behind the forest-dweller.

~Area Unlocked: Twilight Forest~

Area Soundtrack: Twilight Forest

There was a noticeable difference in the air when the group entered the forest from when they were just on the outskirts. It was thicker and hard to breathe, the air humid and weighty, as if the forest itself was collapsing on them. The magic here was so thick it was visible, creating waves of energy that threatened to throw the group into a mindless illusion. Twice, Sekai almost lost herself in one of these illusions, but a push from behind got her moving again.

Caoimhe moved though the forest with ease, jumping logs and dodging stray branches so simply she made it look like second-nature to her. She always stopped to help Hikari across, as the girl was less suited to traveling through thick brush than the other girls were. Before long, however, Caoimhe stopped abruptly and sniffed the air.

"Oh. Well crap." Caoimhe sighed, turning to the group. "Sorry, I didn't sense them in time. We're being watched. I suspect there is an ambush waiting for us just ahead."

"Is it the Remnants?" Hikari asked quietly. Caoimhe shook her head.

"No, nothing like that. Beasts of the forest. Not very intelligent, but strong. We should be fine if we are careful."

"They're intelligent enough to prepare an ambush...?" Hikari asked oddly, as if she wasn't sure what she was saying. Caoimhe shrugged, which only confused Hikari more. She gestured for the group to follow her and led them forward. Caoimhe drew her bow and strung it, signalling the rest of the group to prepare their weapons, whatever they might be.

"Let's go hunting." Caoimhe grinned.

New Objective!
-Rout the enemy!

Area: Twilight Forest - ???
Atmosphere: Forest Battle! (Tight quarters for fighting: The diagonal surrounding cells count as adjacent)

( ) ( ) ( ) (6) (b) (b) (b) A
(b) (t) (t) (t) (t) (5) ( ) B
(4) (t) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
(t) (t) ( ) (t) (t) (t) ( ) D
( ) ( ) (1) (t) (3) (t) ( ) E
( ) (t) (b) (t) ( ) (b) ( ) F
(b) (t) ( ) (t) (t) (t) (b) G
(2) (t) ( ) (S) ( ) (t) ( ) H
( ) (t) ( ) (C) ( ) (t) ( ) I
(B) (t) ( ) (H) ( ) (t) (B) J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7

Caoimhe (Twilight Hunter)
HP: 65/65
MP: 80/80
Atk: 21
Def: 11
Int: 1
Spr: 16
Move: 3

Hikari (REM Cleric)
HP: 45/45
MP: 75/75
ATK: 0
DEF: 11
INT: 22
SPR: 16
Move: 2

Sekai (Martial Artist)
HP: 75/75
MP: 40/40
ATK: 25
DEF: 14
INT: 0
SPR: 9
Move: 4

Striped Tiger (1)
HP: 140/140
MP: 70/70
Atk: 18
Def: 16
Int: 9

Striped Tiger (2)

Striped Tiger (3)

Striped Tiger (4)

Striped Tiger (5)

Striped Tiger (6)

(t) - Tree (Cannot be occupied)(Cannot be passed)

(b) - Bush (Can be occupied)(Cannot be passed)
~Units who step into a Bush end their Move Phase~

(B) - Bag - A bag.

Units may begin on either side of Hikari, Sekai, or Caoimhe.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Ashe starts at I3!

Vittoria starts at J3!

The minute their guide uttered the word ambush, Ashe's left hand found purchase on the hilt of her blade. With but a single look, Vittoria did the same––both were prepared to jump into battle at any moment. "Vittoria," the guild commander began as the rest of the party fell into formation, "be on your guard. We're not new to the tide of battle, but we're also not familiar with these beasts. Think before you act."

"Understood." Vittoria responded, gripping her staff tightly in hand. The spellslinger could not deny that she felt a lot less confident than she sounded. Her commander may have wanted to pursue the challenges of these strangers, but this talk of annihilation at any moment worried her. That and being back in the forest worried her. Before their savior had come, she felt the mana in the air caving in on her; now that she was here with enemies in their midst, it felt even worse.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18