Ground Zero -- Koran Burning Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ground Zero -- Koran Burning Day

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:20 pm

These have been on the news for some time, but I want to hear your opinions on this. Of course, I already have one.

Which is more wrong?

Building a mosque very close to the area where the 9/11 event took place?

Or a day, namely 3 hours, of burning Islam's sacred book, the Koran?

Reply and say your opinion on these matters.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ground Zero -- Koran Burning Day

Post by Masquerade on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:49 pm

I think the book burning is much worse. People of other religions would freak out if their sacred books were burned, so as people of faith, given they are different faiths, there should be some empathy in that circumstance. It's just something you don't do. Who cares if someone builds a mosque somewhere, even if it's close to where the 9/11 event took place? It's just a mosque. It could have wound up anywhere. I haven't been keeping up with the news, so I'm just using common sense mixed with my prior perceptions to formulate this particular opinion, but whether I had seen the news or not, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't deviate from this path by much.

*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:58 pm

The pastor who was holding the Koran Burning Day is actually a "Christian."

Now, to me, anyone who violates another religion, whether it be talking smack about it or doing something like burning their holy book, do not deserve to be even considered a Christian.

I saw a comment on Facebook about the mosque. The woman who posted the comment said that they needed to move it to a different location, because it was them who were responsible for 9/11 in the first place.

I almost exploded on her. That's all I'm saying.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:05 pm

She is a very ignorant woman who apparently knows nothing about what happened. She is generalizing. The terrorists are extremists who have nothing to do with those who are true, devout followers of the Islamic faith. That's like some dumbass saying that all mosques are just terrorist hideouts. If someone did say that, I might have to stick a foot or two in their ass. =/ I might have a different religion than them, but I respect the fact that they have faith. Sure, we might not worship the same god, but they're still my brothers and sisters in faith. That's all that matter to me. I wouldn't want my Bible burned and I'm definitely sure they would not want their Quran burned.

The terrorists just gave the religion a bad rep for some odd reason. Probably the whole using it as a basis or excuse for their actions like convincing young men to become suicide bombers just so they could go to heaven and be with 72 virgins that may or may not be there. Did you know that that might not actually be true at all? They're starting to think that it might have been a translation error and that 'virgins' was mistaken for 'white grapes.' Yeah. So, first, they would have wound up in Hell for killing themselves (a sin) and killing others (more sin), and even if they did wind up in Heaven for some odd reason, all that might be waiting for them is a bowl of white grapes.

*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:17 am

Well, I'd have to say both were wrong. Though one is more than the other, that's not really the point.

Building a mosque close to the site of 9/11 is just stepping on way too many toes much too soon. It hasn't even been a decade yet, have a little courtesy. Or at least the tact to explain why it might be a sign of good faith or trying to make amends; but since I haven't read any news reports or anything on this I can't really make much of an opinion of that part.

Book burning in my opinion is stupid in and of itself, but burning religious texts is, for lack of a better word, sacrilegious. I don't care whose religion it is, it's just wrong.

"We must no more ask whether the soul and body are one than ask whether the wax
       and the figure impressed on it are one."

Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulthred on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Both actions are wrong. The World Trade Center should never be made a site for any religion, all lost people there and we all were affected by the attack. Burning books is stupid, and while I might not agree with what you say, I will fight to my last breath for your right to say it. Having a mosque built down the street, as I believe it is going to be, should not matter. But then thats my opinion, I have fought all over the world and think I have earned the right to express myself in this wonderful country of ours.

Ulthred
Insomniac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Technically, at least in my theory, all of the faith are really believing in one stem God, to whom they have made their own changes to. But that is besides the point. Burning a Holy Book is wrong! WRONG! No one should even consider doing something of the sort, but of course some stupid idiot decided to go ahead and burn the Quran. That's like burning the Testaments, or any other book of holiness(I would list but I lack the knowledge of other Holy Books).

As for the Mosque thing, that in itself is stupid. I know that 9/11 is still fresh in our minds, but so what? The thing could have ended up anywhere, as Masq said, and it just so happens to be near the site. If people weren't so ignorant and paranoid, maybe, just maybe, they would see it is no big deal.

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top