Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Sentence

3 posters

Go down

Death Sentence Empty Death Sentence

Post by Masquerade Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:50 pm

So, after a 15 minutes of rambling to myself about how murderer's should be punished cruelly and unusually so that they'll think twice before doing what they do, I decided to post this thread. What do you think of the death sentence? Is it right or wrong? If you think it's right, do you think lethal injection is enough, or do you think we should resort to more primitive forms of punishment and make an example of those who murder (i.e. bloody head on a stick in the front yard.)? If you think it's wrong, then what the hell do you suppose we do with them? Do you think the forces of the universe will take care of them for us using some poetic justice (i.e. rapists getting raped, murderers getting murdered by other murderers, etc.)? Take a moment and tell us what ya think.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Death Sentence Empty Re: Death Sentence

Post by JCM Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:45 pm

one question,
the electric chair.......
it runs on electricity, which cost money.
MY $20!, just to kill a man.
there is cheaper ways to kill people,
like stabbin dont cost a damn thing,
just get you a little stabbin chair,
a little knife or anything pointy and just..
JCM
JCM
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:32 pm

True, the world may be better off without some people, but that does not justify killing. All murder is wrong, and cannot be justified by simply taking the life of the murderer. It simply just creates another murder scene. I believe that the death penalty is a practice that should be abolished.

As for what to do with these people, I don't know. It takes more money to imprison the murderer or rapist rather than to kill them, but maybe it's worth it. If we can show them the error of their ways and try to change them, maybe they could be a benefit to society.

However, most murderers feel no guilt from killing, and others simply cannot control themselves. I don't know what we should do with them, but I believe that the death penalty is the wrong way to go.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:50 pm

True. If there was a better solution than the death penalty, I'd go for it. I mean, people obviously aren't afraid of death because they're still killing. > > Getting rid of cruel and unusual punishment might not have been such a good thing....then again, that didn't exactly stop people from killing either. Wow, we suck.

Oh, but I know my opinion would change if someone killed one of my family members. I'd want that person airlifted and dumped into a volcano or something. Or I'd kill that person myself....> > .... Nah. Probably not. But yes to the volcano thing. :3
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm

xD Masq.

I watch Bones all the time, and I learned that Maryland and Virginia still have the death penalty as a possible option.

I don't know how old that episode was, but it's probably still active.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down