Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path Less Traveled: Winds of Adventure

2 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Path Less Traveled: Winds of Adventure - Page 6 Empty Re: The Path Less Traveled: Winds of Adventure

Post by Masquerade Sun May 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Patrice was a bit startled, but also relieved. It could have been something dangerous. She let out a large sigh; she had been holding her breath while awaiting the whatever-it-was to come out into the open. But it was just a young girl, one that seemed to be a quite frightened.

"H-hey there," Patrice greeted uneasily, scratching the back of her head. "I guess I'm not this 'her' you're talking about, but who else would be out here besides me and my friend?" she asked. Patrice took a moment to look around the area. Luca had still yet to return. Did she maybe find a village or town nearby? Was that where this girl had come from? If that were the case, Luca was probably looking for someone to help or potential places to buy materials. She'd be back soon enough.

"You can stop crying; you should be safe with me. Can you maybe tell me your name?" she said before mentally slapping herself in the face. "And maybe you could inform me of where we are?" she added with a nervous chuckle.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Path Less Traveled: Winds of Adventure - Page 6 Empty Re: The Path Less Traveled: Winds of Adventure

Post by Silver Sun May 22, 2011 3:52 pm

The girl stayed at Patrice's feet for a moment, still sobbing as she took in what she had to say. Even when the seemingly kind Pirate Sage had finished what she had to say, the girl remained at her feet. She shook slightly, going over each and every word in her head before nodding slightly. Still shaking, she got to her feet as best she could, wobbling as if she had no experience standing. She looked away for just a moment, as if expecting something terrible to happen, and then she turned back nodding once more.

"Y-yes. I... I can do that. Um... my... my name... my name is Syrena. I... I'm sorry... I... I don't know where we are... she took me here searching for something... I... I'm sorry..."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 22, 2011 4:02 pm

"Syrena....," Patrice repeated vacantly, a breeze blowing through the area for a moment. She grinned. "Well, it's nice to meet you. My name's Patrice, first mate to the soon-to-be number one pirate, Luca, who is hopefully having better luck out there than I am at the moment." Patrice grimaced. This Syrena was obviously traumatized by something. What a curious thing she had come across?

"Shame you don't know where we are, either," Patrice continued. "I have to wait here for Luca to come back, so how about you keep me company? I'm quite curious, and forgive me for prying, but who brought you here?" The way the young girl was acting, whoever it was had to be some pretty nasty character: a true villain, perhaps.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun May 22, 2011 4:19 pm

At the question of who she was, Syrena cringed slightly, afraid that speaking her name would cause her to appear miraculously. But keeping her a secret wouldn't make her go away, and... Patrice seemed trustworthy enough, maybe everything would be fine. Looking away in fear once more, she made sure there was no one nearby before turning her head back to her company.

"She... she goes by the name of Angel... but... she's... she's anything but. I lost her in the the deepest part of the jungle, but... she's still out here somewhere looking for-"

"Looking for you."

The woman that had been with Luca earlier appeared in the clearing, her sharp voice causing Syrena to cringe and run behind Patrice in reaction.

"I've finally found you you little sea whore."

But Syrena didn't respond to the insult, she merely continued to cringe behind Patrice, tears beginning to flow once again.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Patrice glared at the new arrival on the scene. "This is 'she', huh?" Patrice asked rhetorically, not expecting an answer. From Syrena's reaction, it was obvious this woman was indeed the one. She didn't appear all that scary. Could have been that Patrice wasn't a coward. She took out her mace and slammed it into the palm of her hand a couple of times.

"Angel, is it? I know it's rude to pry, but I feel as though...I've suddenly become involved," she stated enigmatically. "May I ask what it is you've done to this girl to make her so afraid of you?" The girl glanced at her mace. "This isn't for threatening, by the way; I just want to make sure I can defend myself in the case you try anything funny. You seem like the type who would do just that." Her gaze was unrelenting and fierce. Not easily swayed was she from a path she might so happen to choose.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun May 22, 2011 4:51 pm

The woman's expression didn't change in the slightest as Patrice brought out the mace. It didn't change when she began hitting it against the palm of her hand, and it didn't change when she began speaking. She merely yawned, stopping to raise an eyebrow when she was asked of what she had done prior to this. She chuckled slightly and responded.

"Funny, another girl asked me the same question just a few minutes ago. And just like her, I'm afraid you won't be getting an answer. Now hand over the girl and I'll be on my way."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Patrice's eye twitched. "Another girl? Oooh, it better not be who I think it was...," Patrice snarled. "Where is Luca?!" she shouted, eyes ablaze with fierce rage. She took a step forward making sure Syrena was still safe behind her. "Oh, never mind that; I'll find her myself. But I'll tell you one thing, bitch, and that is you won't be taking this girl anywhere!" With that, she cast her Swift Blade Serenade at the ground causing a cascade of leaves to ricochet everywhere. Patrice was hoping it would have a similar effect to a smokescreen of some sorts.

"Hey, we have to get out of here quickly," she whispered to Syrena, kneeling down and taking her arm. "Will you run away with me? I have to find my friend..."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun May 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Syrena shook with fear as Patrice grabbed her arm, not truly realizing who it was at first. And though she never totally stopped, she was able to nod her head and stand, ready to run deep into the waiting jungle. Standing shakily once again, still appearing as though she wasn't used to walking. But even that didn't stop her from beginning to move.

But before the duo could make their escape, their hopes were dashed as the makeshift smokescreen was destroyed. Each and every leaf burst into flame and slowly dissipate, revealing a pissed Angel. Weapon drawn she pointed it at Syrena, her eyes sharpening as she focused in on both of them.

"Clever trick. But I'll be taking away my property before you rub off on her."

And she moved to strike.

Event Name: Failed Escape
Party Win: Survive 5 Turns; Syrena is kept safe
Party Loss: Party KO; Syrena KO
Atmosphere: Humid Jungle (+10% Water and Earth Damage; -10% Fire Damage)

{t} { } {t} { } { } { } {t} { } {r} A
{ } {r} {t} { } { } {S} { } {t} { } B
{ } { } {t} { } { } {t} { } { } { } C
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} D
{ } { } { } { } { } { } {t} {r} { } E
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } { } { } { } F
{t} {r} { } { } { } { } { } {t} { } G
{ } { } { } { } {A} { } { } { } {t} H
{ } {t} { } { } { } { } {r} {t} {t} I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9-

Angel *Ritual of Regeneration*
Hp: 40/40
Mp: 40/40
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 4
Spr: 3
Move: 3 Cells

Syrena
Hp: 15/15
Mp: 15/15
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Spr: 4
Move: 2 Cells

{t} - Tree
No Passthrough. No occupy
Hp: 10/10
Def: 3
Spr: 1

{r} - Rock
Spr: 0

You may begin in Rows A-C
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Patrice starts in B5.

By the looks of things, they hadn't acted quick enough. She wondered if she could handle this alone. Luca wasn't with her, and it seemed as though the girl she was trying to protect certainly couldn't fend for herself. Regardless, she held on tightly to her mace and took a deep breath, feeling the power of the nature around her. It was all or nothing. To fail now would leave her steeped in regret, though all she could do was her best. Her eyes once again filled with that fiery determination. There was no stopping her if she did things right.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun May 22, 2011 9:29 pm

{ } {r} {t} { } {P} {S} { } {t} { } B

Patrice
Mp: 45/45
Atk: 5
Int: 7

Hp: 40/40

Syrena

{t} - Tree

{r} - Rock

Player Phase - 1
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun May 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Patrice casts Swift Blade Serenade on Angel! 8 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 37/45

Patrice began to glow with a green aura. Her previous spell had just been for a distraction, but now she began to focus her mana. She pointed at the obvious target with her mace before unleashing a stream of surging nature mana littered with sharp leaves that would lacerate the target. She retracted her weapon as the spell ended and she gazed assured at the enemy.

"I garner power from nature, and we're surrounded by it, so don't expect to walk out of this unscathed," she spoke confidently, though she was worried about what tricks this other girl had up her sleeves. It could be anything. She held her ground determined to protect the young girl that was trying so valiantly to escape the clutches of this evil woman.

Patrice waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Angel takes 5 Damage!

Angel's R-Ability, Pistolplay Counter, activates!

Patrice takes 2 Damage!

Enemy Phase - 1

The woman nearly hissed as the leaves flew at her cutting her up rather nicely. But she wasn't going to let it pass, as she quickly pulled out a pistol from her coat and fired it off quickly at her opponent.

"You're not the only one with tricks Blondie."

At that the woman quickly withdrew the pistol and flung her hand out at Patrice, eyes sharpening to a deadly focus. She began to chant, but nothing happened... at least... not yet.

Angel uses Premonition: Malicious Meteorology!

Malicious Meteorology has 3 Turns remaining.

Angel moves to I5!

{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } {t} H
{ } {t} { } { } {A} { } {r} {t} {t} I

Neutral Phase - 1

Syrena waits.

"Do be careful."

The girl still shook, not perfectly sure what Angel had done, but still deathly afraid. Whatever she had up her sleeve it couldn't be good.

Patrice
Hp: 13/15
Mp: 37/45

Hp: 35/40
Mp: 30/40

Syrena

{t} - Tree

{r} - Rock

Player Phase - 2
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 8:50 am

Patrice moves to D5.

"Oh, I wish I had time to be careful," Patrice said, a bit perturbed. She trundled forth and conjured the green aura once again. Whatever the woman had done obviously didn't have an immediate effect, but for sure Patrice would find herself at its mercy later on. Regardless, she was still healthy, so she had to persist. With another blast of nature mana, she fired another cascade of sharp leaves at the enemy.

"Tricks are for kids, lady, so how about some real stuff, eh?" she taunted as her spell ended. Probably wasn't the best idea, but she had to convey that she was still strong enough to fight.

Patrice casts Swift Blade Serenade on Angel! 8 Dmg! (INT)

MP: 29/45
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 23, 2011 11:18 am

{ } {t} { } { } {P} { } { } { } {t} D

Angel takes 5 Damage!

Angel's R-Ability, Pistolplay Counter, activates!

Patrice takes 2 Damage!

Enemy Phase - 2

Angel's S-Ability, Ritual of Regeneration, restores her Mp by 6!

Angel moves to G5!

"You're getting tired aren't you?"

She snickered, taking note of her lack of energy compared to when they started. In response she quickly took her time to pull out the pistol once more and fired it off angrily at the foolish girl, swapping it for the cloth on her side. She took a couple steps forward, holding the cloth outward, showing that it took human shape. Once again she began to chant, eyes focused on Patrice, and soon the cloth changed shape and form until a mini version of Patrice was shown.

Angel uses Voodoo: Create Visage on Patrice!

Patrice gains Voodoo Doll Status.

Malicious Meteorology has 2 Turns remaining.

Angel moves to I5!

{t} {r} { } { } {A} { } { } {t} { } G

Neutral Phase - 2

Syrena waits.

"!"

Syrena continued to shake in fear, unable to say anything as Angel continued her onslaught. She hadn't noticed the doll from where she was standing yet, but she knew what it she could do with it.

Patrice *Voodoo Doll*
Hp: 11/15
Mp: 29/45

Hp: 30/40
Mp: 32/40

Syrena

{t} - Tree

{r} - Rock

Player Phase - 3
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 11:45 am

Patrice moves to F5.

"I'm not used to fighting on my own...I usually have Luca by my side...," she said, seriously worried that her friend hadn't come back yet. She shook off the sadness and glared at her current enemy. "But I'm not out of fight just yet, lady. You'd better watch yourself!" That's when she saw the doll turn into something that looked like her. "Oh, creepy...what the hell is that?" Patrice shouted, shivering. She didn't like the looks of it.

"Forget it! I don't plan on finding out!" Patrice lunged forward and slammed her mace hard on the ground. "Mother Earth, eternal guardian! Tremble so the foes tremble!" she chanted as the earth began to shake around her in response causing the girl with the doll to be caught off balance.

Patrice uses Nature's Wrath! Angel is hit! 13 Earth Dmg! (INT) [Stuns target for 1 turn]

MP: 13/45
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 23, 2011 11:59 am

Luca appears at A5!

A sudden rustling from behind caused Syrena to cringe even more, not wanting some sort of beast to join in the fight. Even when a girl stepped through the plants, hacking away at the brush and growth.

"P-Patrice! T-t-there's a girl here!"

Luca ignored the girl that was shaking none too far away from her, eyes directed towards the woman on the other end of the field and her friend.

"Sorry I'm late Patrice, this bitch gave me some trouble earlier."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{t} { } {t} { } {L} { } {t} { } {r} A
{ } {t} { } { } {P} { } { } { } { } F

Angel takes 10 Damage!

Angel is Stunned!

Enemy Phase - 3

Angel is stunned!

Malicious Meteorology has 1 Turn remaining.

Neutral Phase - 3

Syrena waits.

"P-Patrice! Is... is this Luca?"

Despite the girl's earlier words, she was completely and totally afraid. She had no idea this was truly Patrice's partner.

Luca
Hp: 30/30
Mp: 30/30
Int: 5

Patrice *Voodoo Doll*
Hp: 11/15
Mp: 13/45

Hp: 20/40
Mp: 38/40

Syrena

{t} - Tree

{r} - Rock

Player Phase - 4
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Patrice moves to D5.

Patrice waved her hand in the air at Luca before leaping back suddenly. "Yeah, that would be Luca, but she's late to the party!" she called out to Syrena. "There's no time to waste Luca. I'm pretty much a goner if she's allowed to continue...," she said, her voice trailing off. "And it could wind up putting you guys in danger. I've got to finish this." She took a deep breath and began humming an ominous tune.

Please...surrounding nature, giver of life. I beg of you to forgive my rash actions, but it is only to protect..., she thought as the suddenly, the earth cracked and gave way, a pillar of solid rock jetting into the sky with the stunned Angel riding upon the top. Up above, the sky seemed to shimmer and waver. It began to warp and form something similar to a column and began slowly descending while the earthen pillar rushed up to meet it. The two collided and there was a mighty explosion in the sky, a cascade of fiery spheres crashing to the ground and buring away some of the plant life instantly. There was a flash of bright light and upon dissipating, disaster was revealed. The clearing that had been in had grown in size and consisted of nothing but cracked earth and scorched nature.

"My ultimate spell...," Patrice said, her voice barely a whisper as she fell down to one knee, exhausted.

Patrice uses D-Ability Terra-Ciel Cataclysm on Angel! 14 Piercing Fire Dmg!
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Luca moves to D5!

Luca nodded in response, rushing over as far as she could before Patrice's stupendous display caused her fall off balance for just a second. Recovering quickly she set about pointing her rapier up and then forward, a quick wind washing over the area.

Luca uses Sea Breeze on herself!
(Damage: --/Effect: Haste/Element: Wind)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{ } {t} { } { } {L} { } { } { } {t} D

Angel takes 13 Damage!

Angel's R-Ability, Pistolplay Counter, Activates!

Patrice takes 2 Damage!

Malicious Meteorology activates!

Luca takes 2 Damage!

Patrice takes 2 Damage!

Syrena takes 2 Damage!

Enemy Phase - 4

Angel hit the ground with a thud, lying in complete agony as she lay on the jungle floor. But she wasn't dead, she was close, but she wasn't dead. Forcing herself to her feet, she leaned against her blade implanted in the ground. Eyes sharpening on Patrice, she muttered under her breath, barely loud enough for her to hear

"Witch.... bitch..."

With that Angel thrust her hand forward, creating a spark of energy that flew foward slightly and attached to the sage. It quickly imploded, knocking the life from her, leaving Angel to fall on one knee, an evil smirk on her face.

Angel activates her D-Ability, Nova, on Patrice!

Patrice Instant Death!

Neutral Phase - 4

Syrena waits.

"Ahh!"

Syrena screamed in pain as the lightning struck her, causing her to fall over, shaking after the cloud was long gone.

Luca *Haste (3)*
Hp: 28/30
Mp: 22/30
Int: 5

Patrice *KO*
Hp: 0/15
Mp: 13/45

Angel *Ritual of Regeneration* *Life* *Critical*
Hp: 7/40

Syrena
Hp: 13/15

{t} - Tree

{r} - Rock

Player Phase - 5
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 12:54 pm

Patrice fell to the ground completely, a smear of ash upon her cheek. She felt a bit sorry for the nature of the area, but at least she had made it easier for Luca to sweep up what was left behind of the notorious woman. She closed her eyes and smiled. She needed more rest. "Protect...the girl...," she called out weakly to Luca before losing consciousness.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 23, 2011 1:24 pm

Luca moves to G4!

Luca's eyes sharpened on the woman angrily as she ran forward, strike once and following closely with a second slash. Somehow, water struck the wounds quickly, knocking Angel to the ground. Stabbing her rapier into the ground, Luca turned over to her friend, kneeling to see just how bad her injuries were.

Luca attacks Angel!
(Damage: 100% Atk/Effect: --/Element: --)

Luca uses Stormy Seas on Angel!
(Damage: 120% Atk/120% Int/Effect: Wet 50% [Second Hit]/Element: Water)

{t} {r} { } {L} {A} { } { } {t} { } G

Angel takes 10 Damage!

Angel KO!

Experience:

+4 - Angel KO
+3 - Syrena is safe
+3 - Survived 5 turns
+2 - Party Win
+2 - No Items
-1 - D-Ability used x1
-1 - Player KO x1

Total: 12 (6 for Patrice)

Luca:
12/16 --> 24/16
Level Up!
+3 Stat Points, +1 Skill Point
8/16

Patrice:
12/16 --> 18/16
+3 Stat Points, +1 Skill Point
2/16

(Update your profile, we'll continue shortly.)
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 23, 2011 6:25 pm

As Luca began to start treating Patrice's wounds with some emergency bandages, Syrena got up and shakily walked over to her newfound friends' sides. With Angel lying on the brink of death, she figured it would be safe enough to wander over to them. But Luca didn't notice the frightened girl, she continued to focus on her wounded friend finishing up by gently tipping a potion to her lips.

"Will... will she be alright?"

"Yeah, she's strong, I know she'll be alright."

At this Syrena nodded, shooting a wary glance over at the unconscious body. Luca took note, but didn't say anything of it, still rather focused on her friend. At least, she was until her concentration was broken by the body's sudden movement.

"F...ish... bitch... show... them... the... truth."

Angel was back up, barely, using her sword to support her so she was hardly on her knees. An evil glare remained on her face, her eyes focused on Syrena. She wasn't point a weapon at them, but she did have something in her hands. But before either of the standing opponents could stop her, she threw the object at Syrena, which broke immediately upon contact.

What happened next was an amazing crazy display, as the object released a large bubble that surrounded Syrena, capturing her inside. The bubble then began to fill with a liquid, though it was hard to tell from outside what it was exactly. But that wasn't what made it amazing, rather it was the fin like tail that replaced her and most of her upper body.

Angel just smirked.

"Now... you... see. She's a... killer..."

And with that she threw down another object, which, in a burst of flame, caused her to disappear from her spot. Leaving Syrena in the bubble with Luca tending to wounds. Just perfect.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Patrice could start to feel something on her cheek. It was really warm, but that warmth went away as she felt her body turning. There was something doing something to it, but she couldn't muster the thought of what the something was or what it might be doing. Every physical feeling was amplified in her mind causing her to be quite confused. The warmth. It was everywhere. She was lying on it. Ashes. She started to remember. The explosion. The lost plants. Tears began subconsciously streaming from her eyes, and the stinging made her open them. Though, the sight that they opened to made her wish she had never done so because she was confused enough as it was.

"Hrrndddlll...sckllleeeehhh...firrsscccnnhh...," she muttered incoherently as she weakly pointed to the fish girl in the bubble. It looked like...who was it again? Ah, Syrena. Weird. The bubble. Where had it come from? Too many questions. "L-Luca...wh-what's going...on?" she managed to form a comprehensible question, but only barely. Her curiosity pushed through her clouded mind.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 23, 2011 7:52 pm

"I... I don't quite know... Syrena was it? What's going on?"

The fish girl looked away from Luca and the dazed Patrice, tears unable to be seen welling in her eyes. She had been afraid of this, them finding out about her. Sure they had been on her side, but that's when they thought she was human. Did they know about the powers mermaids had? Would they try to do what Angel was going to do? She was afraid.

"Syrena?"

She remained turned around.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon May 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Patrice gazed weakly at the girl in the bubble and reached up to touch Luca's face with a smile, her hand gently resting upon the older girl's cheek. "You protected her....like I asked." She tried to get up on her own, groaning as she did so. There was still nature nearby, so being around it made her a bit stronger. She managed to stand, albeit weakly. She simply looked at Syrena as if nothing were wrong.

"I-I told you about my...my friend...Luca," she said and laughed at how tired she sounded. "She's strong; I knew she could protect you." Here, she paused. "This has something to do with that Angel, right? Was this why she was after you?" she asked lightly, gesturing to Syrena's true form, or at least what it appeared to be.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon May 23, 2011 8:33 pm

"Of course I did."

Luca smiled at her friend, happy that she was alright and already trying to stand. But she stumbled, and though there was the strength of nature to help her, Luca quickly got to her side to be a source of support. And they moved together as Patrice made her way over to the girl in the bubble.

Syrena remained turned around, listening to Patrice, but remaining turned. When the question about Angel was stated, she paused, turning around slightly and waiting a moment. Staring straight through Luca and Patrice, and finally she nodded.

"Yes. This is the reason."

Her voice wasn't fogged, nor was it hard to hear, almost as if she wasn't submerged in water.

"Angel was and most likely still is after a pureblood mermaid like me."

Luca raised her free arm, in question, not understanding exactly. She had heard about mermaids, but she didn't know trivia or any of that. Why would one want a mermaid, much less a pureblood one?

"If I may... why is she after a pureblood mermaid?"

Syrena turned away from them again, Luca mentally slapping herself. That was probably the part she didn't want to talk about. Moving closer slightly without forcing Patrice to move, she began to reach out to the bubble, but kept her arm away from the surface. She didn't want it to pop.

"I'm sorry I-"

"No. You two have the right to know."

She turned back around.

"You see... all mermaids are magical, but pureblood mermaids... they have far advanced powers. Their voices attract things from miles away, they live longer, but the reason Angel wanted me... was because of my scales. Pureblood mermaid scales have special properties, such as being able to protect the body from underwater pressure, allow underwater breathing to those who can not do so normally, and allow them to be an expert swimmer. But... I do believe that wasn't the only reason she wanted me... you see, only pureblood mermaids are within the Aquarian, the first kingdom of Trita. Only they can open the ancient seal that holds the Aquarian crystal... the heart of Trita... or at least, that's what my peoples' legends say. I believe... that that is why she wanted me."
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next