Decaying World

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:29 pm

1 . 9 . 6 . 1

The world of Nagranok...

...is dying.

Something is wrong in this once wonderful world. The ground used to be covered in grass and wildflowers, not to mention dotted with lakes and cut through with rivers. The wilderness was filled with animals and monsters, so it was dangerous, but not even that fact could subdue the undeniable beauty of the world. However, in the Faraway Lands, things have started becoming rather strange. Everything has seemed to lose its color, and the scholars blame this phenomenon on a loss of mana. Mana is the magic that flows through the planet and keeps everything alive. Without it, everything dies. It is as simple as that.

Thus, things in the Faraway Lands died. And the decay spread.

In the land of Aldasrune, word has been received of this decay. The most intelligent scholars and sages do not know what is causing this drain of the world's mana, but it must be stopped. Somehow...

The decay consumes even more.

People of Aldasrune are being forced to move farther inland. The decay has slowed, but it is sure to consume everything. A girl has decided to see what the knights of the capital are doing about the problem. The girl travels to the capital only to find nervous knights who are not doing anything about the problem. Thus, she decides to break into the archives. She makes it in undiscovered...until she happens across some strange reports in the Room of Restricted Records. That is when she is interrupted by some unwanted company...


* * *

This is a role play that takes place in a time when the world is on the verge of death and a young woman, Aeria sets out to find the truth behind it all while accompanied by fellow truth seekers who come along for the ride.  The slots for this role play are full at the moment.  If a slot becomes available for whatever reason, it will be noted as thus in my ToA OOC Thread.  Thank you.  Those who have been chosen for the slots in this role play should send me their character profiles when ready.


Last edited by Masquerade on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:28 pm

The door had been left wide open. Through the doorway, she could be seen. The intruder. She rifled through papers in a hurry, and it seemed as though she had already set aside a rather important document, something she planned on taking with her. However, there they stood standing. Three squires and the head of their small platoon. Upon hearing the noise on their nightly patrol, they rushed to find the woman sifting through Runescryum's restricted documents like they were hers. She was cornered now. Nowhere to run. She noticed them and watched as they drew their weapons. The intruder reciprocated the action.

Outside in the hall, a couple of freelancers approached the scenes. They were citizens of the capital, Areht, but like the intruder, they were interested in why the knights had failed to do anything for their dying land so far. It was their intention to make off with some documents themselves, but it seemed like the intruder beat them to the punch. Regardless, they had common interests for now, and it would only do to help whoever was in trouble out. They could always discuss specifics later. Now was the time to fight.

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Caught

Location: Runescryum Archives - Hall of Sealed Records

Objectives: Defeat all enemies and collect the document!

Achievement: The First Achievement - Defeat the Knight Apprentice first, leaving the squires without a commander. [1 AP]

Background: ~Runic Heart~

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } {A} { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } {K} { } {T} { } {w} D
{ } {d} {t} { } { } {C} { } {L} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Louis (Knight Apprentice)
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
Atk: 7
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Karen (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Craig (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Teresa (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{d} - Document (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Collect (Collects target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{X} - Sealed Door (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Unlocks and opens target. Range: Adjacent cell. Requires Archive Key x1.)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 50
Def: 22
Spr: 14

{t} - Table (cannot be occupied)
HP: 10
Def: 7
Spr: 3

Characters may start in rows I-J, columns 7-8!


Last edited by Masquerade on Fri May 11, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Ziolang on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Progressing splendidly thus far. Clear corridors; undiscovered. Given the information is correct, the archives should be just ahead. Still, his mind wandered to the seemingly unimportant. The patterns of the tiny cracks in the ceiling and the walls. The flickering of the orange-red torchlight, casting his distorted form to dance along beside him. If I but had the grace of a shadow. Despite his urgency, he halts himself and, faster than the eye could catch, procures a feather quill and parchment. He dips the quill into a pouch tied to his side and scrawls countless words upon the rough sheet. He dries the quill on his black shirt and replaces it, the parchment he keeps in hand and held steady.

Taking the final turn, the scribe comes upon what would have to be the worst possible outcome. Guards were occupying the hall and from the sound, the room ahead as well. Too late to retreat now, he'd already been seen. Once again he retrieves his quill, placing his newly written parchment gently aside on the ground in hopes it would not be damaged.

|Nest appears in cell J8|

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun May 06, 2012 3:34 pm

"A reason to fight"

The building was disturbingly quiet and devoid of security. Their footsteps were the only thing heard in the long corridors, echoing deep and sinister, Caleb couldn't help but to wait for an ambush at any moment. It made no sense how unprotected this place was, there had to be something wrong. His hand slipped to the hilt of the broadsword resting in his belt, he felt the weight of the leather sheath pressed against his hips, waving smoothly as the blade insive moved with him. Gripping the handle brought a reassuring sense of confidence. As long as he had a sword in his hand, there was no reason to worry.

"I am made of swords"


Caleb staved off the creeping thought. He just realised he was taking a turn, and there were knights staring inside an open door. He wasn't sure they had seen them, but if his memory didn't fail, that door lead to the archives, and they were on the way. The broadsword drew a sharp sound off the sheath, but no fighting position was taken. Caleb smiled.

|Caleb appears on cell J7|

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Sun May 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Caught

Location: Runescryum Archives - Hall of Sealed Records

Objectives: Defeat all enemies and collect the document!

Achievement: The First Achievement - Defeat the Knight Apprentice first, leaving the squires without a commander. [1 AP]

Background: ~Runic Heart~

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } {A} { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } {K} { } {T} { } {w} D
{ } {d} {t} { } { } {C} { } {L} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} {C} {N} {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nest (Scribe)
HP: 15/15
MP: 31/31
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Caleb (Soul Blade)
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 0/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Louis (Knight Apprentice)
HP: 25/25
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
Atk: 7
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Karen (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Craig (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Teresa (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{d} - Document (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Collect (Collects target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{X} - Sealed Door (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Unlocks and opens target. Range: Adjacent cell. Requires Archive Key x1.)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 50
Def: 22
Spr: 14

{t} - Table (cannot be occupied)
HP: 10
Def: 7
Spr: 3

Player Phase 1!

Aeria moves to D1.

Damn it, what do I do now?! Aeria thought frantically. The infiltration had been such a large success. Even making it into the Room of Restricted Records had been rather lackluster. And here she was now--caught. By little squadron, no less. Aeria ran around the table, determined to collect the solitary document she had set aside. Upon it was something that would need some thorough examination, for she thought it held the key as to why the world was dying...or at least it was a good start. The squires didn't appear to be too thrilled with this, however. Taking her gun out from behind her back, she loaded it up, aimed, and took a clean shot at the squire closest to her. It was extremely hard to dodge a bullet, but with mana, anything was possible, so Aeria remained wary. She was certain this would not scare them away. If anything, it would lure them in to attack her and defeat her more quickly.

Aeria attacks Karen! 8 Dmg! (ATK)


Last edited by Masquerade on Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun May 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Caleb hears the sound of gunfire coming from the room behind the open door. The knights should be fighting someone. Whoever it was, chances are it wasn't as much of an enemy to us at the moment as the knights are, what means it's, for now, a valid option for an ally. He lets go of his broadsword, wich flies up and positions itself a little behind and to the right of him, the hilt at the level of his head, the blade pointed down.

"The one to the right looks like their leader. None of these knights looks too experienced, so if I'm right and take him down, it should at least affect them moraly."

-Let's give our newfound guest a show.

He leaps a little to the front of Nest, giving him some cover in the process. While he is middair, a pair of blades appears out of nothing to the left of the familiar sword, as if they were always there, just no one had bothered to see. A beautiful colichemarde with silvery filigrees along the broad part of the blade, and a mighty cross-hilted claymore adorned with the crest of some long-fallen knight family. The weapons beared a rather unreal feeling to them, however. Caleb swung his arm in a wide arc as he landed, and the swords spun and lunged for the rightmost enemy.

Caleb moves to H8.

Caleb uses Phantom Assault on Louis! 2x6 Dmg! (Atk)

MP: 9/15

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Ziolang on Sun May 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Battle began to rear its ugly head before Nest had time to properly react. A shot fired from origins unknown and Caleb was already in the fray. He was never much one for combat, rather to be the one writing of the experience than participating himself. Still, he no longer had much choice, his comrade needed him now. His quill flourished in the air as he advanced, when Caleb settled into a protective position in front of Nest, forcing him to stop suddenly. "Pardon." With a quick evaluation, he was forced to extinguish the runes he had written in the air, as he was not within range.

As an afterthought, he quickly scrawls a note on a scrap of parchment. 'Note to self: Advance current status of teamwork.'

|Nest moves to cell: I8

Nest waits...|

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Mon May 07, 2012 9:10 am

Louis takes 4 Dmg!

HP: 21/25

Karen takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 10/15

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Caught

Location: Runescryum Archives - Hall of Sealed Records

Objectives: Defeat all enemies and collect the document!

Achievement: The First Achievement - Defeat the Knight Apprentice first, leaving the squires without a commander. [1 AP]

Background: ~Runic Heart~

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{A} {t} {t} { } {K} { } {T} { } {w} D
{ } {d} {t} { } { } {C} { } {L} {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {C} {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } {N} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Enemy Phase.

Louis moves to G8.

"More intruders?!" the leader of the patrol squad shouted, brandishing his weapon at the one who had attacked him. "This place might be crawling with them. We need to issue a high alert after dealing with these three." The knight apprentice rushed the guy who had attacked him and dealt him a harsh slash across the torso.

Louis attacks Caleb! 7 Dmg! (ATK)

Karen uses Rush on herself! [Bestows Haste]

MP: 7/15

"More enemies? Time to kick it into overdrive then," Karen growled as a burst of energy surrounded her and she suddenly felt more speedy. "I'm going to get you for that shot, you heathen trespasser!" she called out to the woman threateningly.

Karen waits.

Craig moves to F4.

The squire near Karen ventured into the room, attempting to start blocking the woman's avenue of escape. "Sheesh, Karen, take it easy," he said, his voice lax as he took his new spot. "Before going all crazy, let's plan things out, eh?"

Craig waits.

Teresa moves to F7.

Teresa decided to let the other two squires handle the woman they initially found and help her squad leader defeat the ones in the hall. There were more of them anyway. She traveled forward a few steps, but hesitated throwing a rock that she fiddled around with in a pouch at her side. Deciding against it, she merely held her ground for the time being.

Teresa waits.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{A} {t} {t} { } {K} { } { } { } {w} D
{ } {d} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{ } { } { } {C} { } {w} {T} { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {L} {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {C} {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } {N} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Karen's Haste has 3 turns.

Player Phase 2!

Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 25/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nest (Scribe)
HP: 15/15
MP: 31/31
DD: 0/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Caleb (Soul Blade)
HP: 22/25
MP: 9/15
DD: 2/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Louis (Knight Apprentice)
HP: 21/25
MP: 20/20
DD: --/--
Atk: 7
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Karen (Squire) *HASTE*
HP: 10/15
MP: 7/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Craig (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Teresa (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{d} - Document (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Collect (Collects target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{X} - Sealed Door (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Unlocks and opens target. Range: Adjacent cell. Requires Archive Key x1.)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 50
Def: 22
Spr: 14

{t} - Table (cannot be occupied)
HP: 10
Def: 7
Spr: 3


Aeria moves to E1.

A roll of the eyes was all that Aeria did to acknowledge the female squire's pointless threats. The warrior knew she was more than a match for both squires, even at the same time. She took a few steps, rummaging through the mess on the table until she found what she was looking for--the secret document she had set aside. Picking it up, she slipped it into her bag and just left the rest of it. Most of the other papers she searched through contained history lessons that wouldn't help her in solving the crisis of her world. She was sure that the document she had managed to take would be the key. The steely gaze scanned the room--two squires. Outside in the hall, there was the knight apprentice and another squire fighting more than one unknown intruder. Were they after the same thing she was?

I'll help them, she concluded in her thoughts. What else could they be after? Jewels? They're better off trying to rob the castle if that was their plan. No. They came here for a specific reason. She had to find out who they were, and if they did share a similar interest, she could show them what she found. It was time to fight her way out and escape with the others.

Aeria uses Trigger Command: Collect on the Document!


Last edited by Masquerade on Tue May 08, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Mon May 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Bad positioning. Caleb noticed he had stood in his companion's way as soon as he cancelled his rune. "Damn! I'm really not used to fighting in a group anymore. I better fight careful from now on".
From what the knights were saying, it seemed there was only one person fighting them in there. This person probably was lucky him and Nest arrived when they did. The Soul Blade wondered who was it, how good a fighter it was, and what it was doing there. Two of those questions would be answered shortly, and the other was rather obvious. "The same as us..."
Turning his mind to the fight, he looked at the leader. He had a much tougher armor than he suposed. That would be a hard one to crack, but heavy armor is not usually a very good protection against magic, so Nest could probably solve this problem.

-Sorry for the interruption. - he whispered to Nest - Try to get rid of this one, please. His armor is hard for my blades, but I doubt it can do much good against you.

That said, Caleb swung his arm in a wide, downward arc, and his broadsword followed the motion, going up and coming down to slash at the Knight Apprentice.

Caleb attacks Louis! 6 Dmg!(Atk)

Caleb waits.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Ziolang on Tue May 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Nest wasted no time. Caleb was beginning to cooperate properly, but Nest wouldn't have minded much if he hadn't. His targets were now within range. He didn't need to be told twice when his swordsmen partner made his request. Nest's quill arm flared with speed and grace, scrawling runes of ethereal appearance in the air. They told of a woman named Slavain, her goals, as well as her tactics for obtaining her wishes. The tale began to manifest itself in reality, as an emerald coated dagger of magical creation appeared and repeatedly embedded itself into the knight.

"Repeat performance." With equal grace and speed, he writes the runes a second time, bearing equal results upon the enemy's leader.

|Nest Chain Casts Epoch of Slavain ~ Pursuit, for a total of two casts, on Louis. 6 Int Dmg, 6 Int Dmg, Chance of Poison. 6 Int Dmg, 6 Int Dmg, Chance of Poison.

-16 MP, 15/31 MP

Nest Waits...|

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Aeria collects the Document! [Added to Inventory]

Louis takes 14 Dmg!

HP: 7/25

Louis is Poisoned!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Caught

Location: Runescryum Archives - Hall of Sealed Records

Objectives: Defeat all enemies and collect the document!

Achievement: The First Achievement - Defeat the Knight Apprentice first, leaving the squires without a commander. [1 AP]

Background: ~Runic Heart~

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } {K} { } { } { } {w} D
{A} {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{ } { } { } {C} { } {w} {T} { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {L} {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {C} {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } {N} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Enemy Phase.

Louis moves to I7.

"Urgh, an adept at the craft!" Louis shouted as Nest's attacks pierced him and left him severely wounded and on the brink of death with poison coursing through his veins. Groaning, he staggered as quickly as he could around Caleb and positioned himself next to Nest. The knight apprentice slashed his blade at Nest, and by the looks of it, the attack missed just narrowly, but upon closer inspection, there was a wound...and it was bleeding rather badly.

Louis uses Glancing Blow on Nest! 8 Dmg! (ATK) [Nest is Bleeding]

MP: 14/20

Karen moves to C3.

Karen uses Rock Toss on Aeria! 5 Dmg! (ATK) [Aeria is Addled]

MP: 1/15

Karen dashed forward with her sudden burst of speed and stopped, pulling out a decently sized rock before chucking it right into the intruder's noggin. Aeria seemed to reel at this and Karen seized the moment to get even closer for a sword slash.

Karen moves to D1.

Karen attacks Aeria! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

Craig moves to F1.

"Heh, gotcha trapped. Should have thought better than to stick around to steal our stuff," the squire said lazily, jabbing at Aeria with his own sword while Karen nailed her from the other side. "And now you're not getting out alive."

Craig attacks Aeria! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

Teresa moves to G8.

Teresa attacks Caleb! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

With her commander expertly handling the magician, Teresa stepped in to deal with the fellow with the sword to prevent his interference. She raised her blade for a quick slash which connected, although it didn't seem to do much.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{K} {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} D
{A} {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{C} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {T} {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {C} {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} {L} {N} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Karen's Haste has 2 turns left.

Louis is Poisoned for 3 turns.

Player Phase 3!

Aeria (Fighter) *ADDLE*
HP: 22/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 1/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nest (Scribe) *BLEEDING [2]*
HP: 8/15
MP: 15/31
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells

Caleb (Soul Blade)
HP: 21/25
MP: 9/15
DD: 3/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Louis (Knight Apprentice) *POISON* *CRITICAL* *PROTECT*
HP: 3/25
MP: 14/20
DD: --/--
Atk: 7
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Karen (Squire) *HASTE*
HP: 10/15
MP: 1/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Craig (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Teresa (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{X} - Sealed Door (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Unlocks and opens target. Range: Adjacent cell. Requires Archive Key x1.)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 50
Def: 22
Spr: 14

{t} - Table (cannot be occupied)
HP: 10
Def: 7
Spr: 3


Aeria attacks Karen! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

Rubbing her head, Aeria felt a slight bump from where the rock had hit her. She only had time to blink a twice before both squires were upon her. Their attacks were rather ineffective against her shield and heavy armor. Forced to tuck away her rifle, she drew her iron sword in an attempt to hack both of them down. She turned to the one she had already shot--the female one--and slashed at her viciously. "Never underestimate your opponents," she said to them confidently, readying her blade for another attack. "I did manage to get in here after all, and I do believe I'll be taking my leave soon enough." Her last words were directed towards Craig who said she'd die there, but there was no chance of that happening, and the squires had to know that. If they did know, then they were extreme optimists...or they were just trying to sound tough. But they were rookies. They hardly knew their way around their weaponry. She was a novice too, really, but she was well-geared. She wanted to be prepared for the wilderness and it paid off.

Aeria waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Wed May 09, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Tue May 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Caleb looked at the Knight Apprentice. The man was as good as dead, there was no point in spending time swinging at him. He turned his attention at the rookie in fornt of him. She was trying so hard, the Soul Blade wondered if she knew she was going to die today. She probably had realised it by now, just chose not to deal with it. It could be sad, if he had ever been tought to have mercy, but that never happened. There were papers to be annalized, and a possible ally to back up, even though, by the sounds of it, this one was not having much trouble. Casting off the thoughts, Caleb looks for an opening and casually waves his arms, making his blade spin around him and go for the squire's stomach.

Caleb attacks Teresa! 6 Dmg!(Atk)

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Ziolang on Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Staggers backward as his hand instinctively goes to his new-found wound. The dizziness followed shortly after. Stay focused, your a writer. Reining in his composure, he brandishes the quill, scrawling his ethereal runes in a circular pattern about himself. The effects were felt momentarily afterward, his body feeling quicker and the pain slowly relieving.

|Nest casts Epoch of Slavain ~ Desire on himself. Move increased by 1. Health Regeneration bestowed. -10 MP, 5/31 MP

Nest Waits...

Health Regeneration has 3 turns left. Nest restores 2 HP. 10/15 HP.|

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Wed May 09, 2012 3:42 pm

Karen takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 5/15

Teresa takes 3 Dmg!

HP: 12/15

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Caught

Location: Runescryum Archives - Hall of Sealed Records

Objectives: Defeat all enemies and collect the document!

Achievement: The First Achievement - Defeat the Knight Apprentice first, leaving the squires without a commander. [1 AP]

Background: ~Runic Heart~

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{K} {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} D
{A} {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} E
{C} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } {T} {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {C} {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} {L} {N} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Nest's Move Boost has 3 turns.

Nest's Regen has 4 turns left. [Zio, Regen has a total of 5 turns in my books if not specified otherwise in the attack.]

Aeria is Addled for 2 more turns.

Nest is Bleeding for 2 more turns.

Enemy Phase.

Louis uses Double Slash on Nest! 2 hits! 6 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

MP: 8/20

Louis could feel the poison making him weaker and weaker. It wouldn't be long now. "You must be pretty cocky to stay right next to me, you little punk," Louis growled, panting harshly as he stood up straight long enough to slash Nest twice with his sword. The cuts weren't too deep, but leaving the wounds untreated might be a bad idea. Louis blinked a couple of times, his vision going blurry. His crumpled form lie on the floor in moments. It was over. A solitary key slid off his belt catching the attention of whoever was nearby. It would be a shame not to collect it.

Archive Key is dropped! [Added to Inventory]

Karen attacks Aeria! 2 hits! 5 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

"Damn it, what the hell lady?!" Karen shrieked as she slashed back at the female intruder, taking care to retreat afterwards. She stumbled back, breathless. The blood loss was leaving her a bit dizzy and she could hardly focus. It was then that she realized she was going to die. "How...how are you so strong?!" the squire shouted in despair, loud enough for anyone in the vicinity to hear.

Karen moves to C2.

Craig attacks Aeria! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

"Karen, get a hold of yourself," Craig snapped quickly, losing his calm, almost slovenly demeanor. "Teresa, get in here and help us!!" Craig slashed at the woman, but the steel of his sword hardly did anything against her armor.

Craig waits.

Teresa attacks Caleb! 5 Dmg! (ATK)

Teresa lashed out in retaliation against the man before her, listening to the pleas of her allies. She backed up a bit. "I can't!" she called back to them suddenly. "Louis...Louis is down!"

Teresa moves to E8.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } {K} { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} D
{A} {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {T} {w} E
{C} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {C} {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} {L} {N} {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {X} { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Karen's Haste has 1 turn left.

Louis is Poisoned for 2 more turns.

Player Phase 4!

Aeria (Fighter) *ADDLE*
HP: 19/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 2/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nest (Scribe) *BLEEDING [2]* *REGEN [2]* *CRITICAL*
HP: 2/15
MP: 5/31
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells --- 3 cells

Caleb (Soul Blade)
HP: 20/25
MP: 9/15
DD: 4/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Louis (Knight Apprentice) *KO*

Karen (Squire) *HASTE*
HP: 5/15
MP: 1/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Craig (Squire)
HP: 15/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Teresa (Squire)
HP: 12/15
MP: 15/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{X} - Sealed Door (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Unlocks and opens target. Range: Adjacent cell. Requires Archive Key x1.)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 50
Def: 22
Spr: 14

{t} - Table (cannot be occupied)
HP: 10
Def: 7
Spr: 3


Aeria moves to C1.

This was it. This was her chance to break free. She watched, not particularly happy that the squire was so frightened, but she had brought the tendrils of death upon herself. Steeling herself, Aeria thrust her sword right into the squire's stomach, effectively ending her life as long as the blade connected. "My aim is true, and my determination moreso," she said to herself, gazing into the woman's eyes. "Had the knights truly endeavored to save this dying world, you might have been able to keep your life. Keep that in mind as you're faced with judgment." She brought her sword back to her side, not even worried about the other squire. It seemed whoever was in the hallway had brought down their leader. All that was left was to mop up and run away.

Aeria attacks Karen! 8 Dmg! (ATK)


Last edited by Masquerade on Wed May 09, 2012 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Wed May 09, 2012 8:52 pm

The leader of the small troop fell, and nearly took Nest with him. The Scribe could probably take care of himself, as long as the squires didn't bother him.

-I'll keep her busy so you can tend to your wounds- he whispered to Nest-see if you can find a use for that key in the meantime.

The female he just slashed seemed too scared. As long as he kept his offense, it was highly unlikely she would turn to Nest. Caleb didn't pay any attention to the shallow cut she gave him, and raised his arm. The flying blade rushed downward and spinned in an uppercut at the squire's torso. The Soul blade calmly walked towards her along the corridor.

-I see you realised this fight had been decided as soon as it began. You have a few seconds to look upon your death and despair. Use them well.

His voice was calm and almost devoid of emotion, his lips bearing a slight, casual smile, like he was talking about the weather or what he wanted to have for lunch. His enemy bled and feared, and that only made the attack more fun. It seeems no matter how much you change, something will always stay.

Caleb attacks Teresa! 6 Dmg!(Atk)

Caleb moves to F8.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Ziolang on Wed May 09, 2012 10:23 pm

[Understood, Masq, I was under the impression it was standard 3 turn.]

Nest spared no time for words. He could feel consciousness edging away as the darkness began to fill the corners of his eyes. With every ounce of control he could muster, the scribe retrieved the key from the semi-lifeless corpse. With staggering steps, he makes his way around the body and fumbles with the lock. A click, and the door was free to open, which Nest obliged with a push of his arm.

|Nest moves to Cell: J7.

Nest triggers command: Open on Cell: J6

Move increase has 1 turn left. Health Regeneration has 3 turns left.|

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Achievement SUCCESS!! [+1 AP]

The Sealed Doors open!

Karen takes 5 Dmg!

Karen PERFECT KILL!!

Teresa takes 3 Dmg!

HP: 9/15

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Caught

Location: Runescryum Archives - Hall of Sealed Records

Objectives: Defeat all enemies and collect the document!

Achievement: The First Achievement - Defeat the Knight Apprentice first, leaving the squires without a commander. (SUCCESS!) [1 AP]

Background: ~Runic Heart~

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{A} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} D
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } {T} {w} E
{C} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {C} {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } {N} { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Nest's Move Boost has 2 turns left.

Nest's Regen has 3 turns left.

Aeria is Addled for 1 more turn.

Nest is Bleeding for 1 more turn.

Enemy Phase.

Craig uses Rush! [Bestows Haste]

MP: 7/15

"D-damn, I can't believe this...KAREN!" Craig shouted as he watched his fellow squire hit the ground with a thud. He could barely catch sight of Teresa in the hallway outside. "Teresa, we've got to step it up a notch!" A burst of wind surrounded Craig for a moment as he embraced the gift of speed that he was granted.

Craig waits.

Teresa moves to E5.

Teresa uses Rush! [Bestows Haste]

MP: 7/15

Teresa shrieked as she saw Karen on the floor after entering the room. "Louis is definitely down too!" she shouted out to Craig. She thrust her hand into the air and let a burst of speed grace her as well. She was going to need it if she was to get away from here with her life, but seeing her dead comrades, she was seriously starting to wonder if that was going to be possible. The sword man's words haunted her. Had she known all along that they were going to lose? No, it just couldn't be. It couldn't be...

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{A} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} D
{ } {t} {t} { } {T} { } { } { } {w} E
{C} { } { } { } { } {w} { } {C} {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } {N} { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Craig's Haste has 3 turns.

Teresa's Haste has 3 turns.

Player Phase 5!

Aeria (Fighter) *ADDLE*
HP: 19/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 3/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nest (Scribe) *BLEEDING [2]* *REGEN [2]* *CRITICAL*
HP: 2/15
MP: 5/31
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells --- 3 cells

Caleb (Soul Blade)
HP: 20/25
MP: 9/15
DD: 5/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Louis (Knight Apprentice) *KO*

Karen (Squire) *PERFECT KILL*

Craig (Squire) *HASTE*
HP: 15/15
MP: 7/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Teresa (Squire) *HASTE*
HP: 9/15
MP: 7/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{X} - Sealed Door (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Unlocks and opens target. Range: Adjacent cell. Requires Archive Key x1.)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 50
Def: 22
Spr: 14

{t} - Table (cannot be occupied)
HP: 10
Def: 7
Spr: 3


Aeria moves to C3.

"This is too important for us to let you interfere," Aeria said tersely as she took a few steps around the table, tucking away her sword and shield and instead pulling out her rifle. She loaded it quickly from experience and aimed it right at the squire that had entered the room. There was a loud bang as the gun went off, the bullet hopefully lodging itself into the target. Keeping the rifle at her side, she couldn't help but feel a bit more lax now that she knew the squadron that had discovered her was nothing but a bunch of novices, and though she was a beginner herself, she had fought in the wilderness. The only thing the squires probably fought were dirty laundry, or if they were lucky, practice dummies. Aeria shook her head before tilting it in curiosity. Outside in the hall, she could see one of the other intruders. His hair was a complete mess, but the red reminded her of fire. He looked quite strong.

So that was why they handled the guards so well. They seem to know what they're doing it, she thought to herself, giving the man a bit of a wave. The last thing on her mind were the pathetic squires. They were just following orders, but it sure wasn't going to make her guilty when it came to killing them, especially when the fate of Nagranok lied in the balance.

Aeria attacks Teresa! 8 Dmg! (ATK)


Last edited by Masquerade on Thu May 10, 2012 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Ziolang on Wed May 09, 2012 11:22 pm

The room was a sort of anti-climax, nothing to exemplary to keep locked away. Then again, it was an archive, and one never knew what one could find hidden in the depths of script. Despite it's simple features, Nest knew the true value the room held. If I but had the time. The knowledge this room may hold. He walked in hastened wonder, the scribes eyes danced along the room.

They met something of interest. A bag tucked away in the corner. I suppose it's worth the look. With labored breaths, Nest moves as quickly as he can toward the sack of unknown content. As an afterthought, he shouted back. "There's some kind of bag in here. I'll be but a moment."

|Nest moves to Cell: I4.

Nest waits...

Move Boost has 1 Turn left. Health Regeneration has 2 Turns left.|

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Thu May 10, 2012 4:48 pm

The squires were desperate, but were cornered and it seemed they were going to put a fight. All the better, more fun this way.

-All right! We are just cleaning up here, shouldn`t take more than a moment! - Caleb shouted back to Nest.

The Soul Blade kept his pace. As he took the turn to look at the room, a shining longsword emblazoned with the golden markings of an ancient, forgotten keep phased into vision along with a long, slender katana with purple handle. Caleb stared inside and saw a squire he hand`t seen before and the other intruder. She didn`t look tough, but from the corpse in the room, there was certainly more to her. He waved back at her with a smile, and then turned to his wounded enemy, and the blades turned with him.

-Well, you had your time...

And the blades went for her chest. He finished his way to the door.

Caleb moves to E6.

Caleb uses Phantom Assault on Teresa! 6 damage! (Atk) 2 hits!

MP: 3/15


Last edited by Allindur on Thu May 10, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Thu May 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Teresa takes 11 Dmg!

Teresa KO!

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Caught

Location: Runescryum Archives - Hall of Sealed Records

Objectives: Defeat all enemies and collect the document!

Achievement: The First Achievement - Defeat the Knight Apprentice first, leaving the squires without a commander. (SUCCESS!) [1 AP]

Background: ~Runic Heart~

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } {A} { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} D
{ } {t} {t} { } { } {C} { } { } {w} E
{C} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } {N} { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Nest's Move Boost has 1 turn left.

Nest's Regen has 2 turns left.

Aeria is no longer Addled.

Nest is no longer Bleeding.

Enemy Phase.

Craig moves to E5.

"TERESA!" Craig shouted as he watched the intruders deal with her with ease. He now knew how Karen felt. He was the last one standing. Yelling out, he rushed the man with the swords and hacked at him twice. He wasn't sure how effective it would be, but he didn't care. Not now. Now that his life would be coming to an end.

Craig attacks Caleb! 2 hits! 5 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } {A} { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} D
{ } {t} {t} { } {C} {C} { } { } {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } {N} { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Craig's Haste has 2 turns left.

Player Phase 6!

Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 19/25
MP: 15/15
DD: 4/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nest (Scribe) *REGEN [2]* *CRITICAL*
HP: 4/15
MP: 5/31
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells --- 3 cells

Caleb (Soul Blade)
HP: 19/25
MP: 3/15
DD: 7/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Louis (Knight Apprentice) *KO*

Karen (Squire) *PERFECT KILL*

Craig (Squire) *HASTE*
HP: 15/15
MP: 7/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Teresa (Squire) *KO*

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{X} - Sealed Door (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Unlocks and opens target. Range: Adjacent cell. Requires Archive Key x1.)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 50
Def: 22
Spr: 14

{t} - Table (cannot be occupied)
HP: 10
Def: 7
Spr: 3


Aeria moves to D5.

"So you're one of the others that got an idea similar to me, eh?" Aeria called out to the guy who was helping her mow down the squires. She didn't ask more than that, but instead, rushed forward, coming to a halt next to the squire that was assaulting him. In a gesture of good faith, she raised her blade into the air and brought it down on the squire, her weapon surging with great power. She wasn't quite used to exerting such force, for she didn't have to do it very often. She kept her sword arm from trembling. It wouldn't do to show her inexperience around possibly more skilled people.

"I managed to nab an important document from here," she explained to the guy quickly. "Already leafed through the other junk. Nothing but history lessons, so I've got the only thing worth taking. Just letting you know so we don't have to linger behind for too long. Other guards will be coming to be sure."

Aeria uses Sky Shatter on Craig! 11 Dmg! (ATK)

MP: 7/15


Last edited by Masquerade on Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Ziolang on Thu May 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Nest wasn't moving as quickly as he hoped. Despite his quickened state, it would still take longer than anticipated to complete his task. He was closing on the bag. Just a few more steps and its mysteries would be his. The scribe traced his hand along the wall as he progressed, feeling its semi-course material on his fingertips. On its other side he could here the sounds of battle. Who was the third person?

|Nest moves to Cell: H3.

Nest Waits...

Move Boost Expires. Health Regeneration has 1 Turn left|

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Thu May 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Caleb felt the two cuts. Still shallow. Not such a great fight after all. He didn't bother building distance, raised and lowered his arm, and his blade flew up and came down to pierce the squire's shoulder. He payed half attention to the enemy, mainteining conversation with the girl all the while.

-So you are an ally, as I hoped. Good. So, you saved us a lot of time, my companion is trying to find something of use in the room nearby, we got a key from their leader. Let's finish this one, see what he got, and get out, we can find out who each of us is on the way. I doubt all the knights here are this trivial.

The Soul Blade didn't bother if the squire was listening to him or not. In his eyes, he was nothing but dead meat, and Caleb wasn't going to make an effort to try and hide that.

Caleb attacks Craig! 6 Dmg!(Atk)

Caleb waits.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Masquerade on Thu May 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Craig takes 11 Dmg!

HP: 4/15

S-Ability Second Wind activates! [Bestows Regen]

Nierday, Gallion 3 . 1961 - Caught

Location: Runescryum Archives - Hall of Sealed Records

Objectives: Defeat all enemies and collect the document!

Achievement: The First Achievement - Defeat the Knight Apprentice first, leaving the squires without a commander. (SUCCESS!) [1 AP]

Background: ~Runic Heart~

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } {A} { } { } { } {w} D
{ } {t} {t} { } {C} {C} { } { } {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } {N} { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Nest's Move Boost fades.

Nest's Regen has 1 turn left.

Enemy Phase.

Craig attacks Aeria! 2 hits! 5 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Craig knew it was hopeless, but he turned on the woman and slashed at her a couple of times. He could feel an invigorating wind enter his nostrils, but he didn't know how much it would help him. A vain attempt at keeping himself alive, to be sure.

Craig waits.

{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} A
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} B
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} C
{ } {t} {t} { } {A} { } { } { } {w} D
{ } {t} {t} { } {C} {C} { } { } {w} E
{ } { } { } { } { } {w} { } { } {w} F
{w} {w} {w} {w} {w} {w} { } { } {w} G
{B} { } {N} { } { } {w} { } { } {w} H
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} I
{ } {t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {w} J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Craig's Haste has 1 turn left.

Craig's Regen has 5 turns.

Player Phase 7!

Aeria (Fighter)
HP: 17/25
MP: 7/15
DD: 5/10
Atk: 8
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 3
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Nest (Scribe) *REGEN [2]* *CRITICAL*
HP: 6/15
MP: 5/31
DD: 4/10
Atk: 1
Def: 3
Int: 6
Spr: 3
Evade: 1%
Move: 2 cells --- 3 cells

Caleb (Soul Blade)
HP: 19/25
MP: 3/15
DD: 8/10
Atk: 6
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Louis (Knight Apprentice) *KO*

Karen (Squire) *PERFECT KILL*

Craig (Squire) *HASTE* *REGEN [2]*
HP: 6/15
MP: 7/15
DD: --/--
Atk: 5
Def: 3
Int: 2
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Teresa (Squire) *KO*

{B} - Bag (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Opens target. Range: Adjacent cell.)

{X} - Sealed Door (cannot be occupied)
Trigger Command: Open (Unlocks and opens target. Range: Adjacent cell. Requires Archive Key x1.)

{w} - Wall (cannot be occupied)
HP: 50
Def: 22
Spr: 14

{t} - Table (cannot be occupied)
HP: 10
Def: 7
Spr: 3


Aeria attacks Craig! 8 Dmg! (ATK)

"Completely understood. Introductions can be saved for later," Aeria affirmed, and her own thoughts regarding these other intruders were also confirmed. They knew exactly what they were doing and were going about it systematically. It seemed as though they had come from the direction that she had come in from. Had they used the same break-in point as she had? It would be viable considering it was already broken into at that point. Shaking her head, she jammed her blade into the squire's stomach, just as she had with the other one--the female. She didn't look him in the eyes, but let her blade stay stuck in him for a few moments before drawing it out, the blade covered in blood. It would need cleaning at some point.

Aeria waits.


Last edited by Masquerade on Fri May 11, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Ziolang on Fri May 11, 2012 12:17 am

His strength returning, Nest takes the final step toward the bag of curiosities. He could feel the magic's effects wearing out as he collects the sack. He gazes about the room for anything else of note, but finds nothing that shows any immediate worth. Kneeling down he does a quick rummage through, before re-closing it and throwing it over his shoulder. With a sigh, he turns for the door.

|Nest moves to Cell: H2. Nest activates command: Open on Cell: H1.

Health Regeneration expires.|

Ziolang
Cat Napper

Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-01-27
Age : 23
Location : Nebraska

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Fri May 11, 2012 8:19 pm

The fight was short, and soon Caleb would find out what he had gone there to find, even if in an unexpected way. He wondered what Nest had found inside the room beside. He would soon find that out too. Well, now was not the time for thinking, he had a coup-de-grace to deliever.

-As to you, I hope you are in peace with your maker. Good bye.

The broadsword flew away from the fight and came back with full strengh, thrusting at the squire. He aimed for the head, wanted it to be a sure kill, ugly or not. Ugly dead, peaceful dead, in the end, they all were dead. He knew what it was like, he knew it made no diference...

Caleb attacks Craig! 6 Dmg!(Atk)

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Decaying World

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:48 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum