Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Rings to Be True

Go down

What Rings to Be True Empty What Rings to Be True

Post by Cerani Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Yes yes, I know, Amendment 1 passed today in my home state. I'm not happy about it either, but there's something else that upsets me more. Having to sit on the porch and listen to the two most important people in my life who know that I'm gay calmly discuss voting for the amendment, all because the bible directly states a union shall be between a man and a woman.

I'd never heard of the amendment until today, so I asked several times what it was. They told me each time it would ban domestic unions, each time I was sure I misunderstood because I WAS SITTING RIGHT THERE. Betrayal doesn't even begin to describe this, but what hurt more was there looks of surprise and confusion, as if I had been agreeing with them up to this point. They both just looked at me, asking me why I was so upset until I straight up asked them if they wanted me to get married. They both said of course, still confused. I asked why the hell they would do such a thing and was told because they 'believed it was right.'

This went on til I was in tears, and they tried to calm me with placations saying that it had nothing to do with me. Somehow they believe that samesex marriage is wrong and that gay couples having legal rights like having access to medical records and such just doesn't matter, and that it really affected me in no way. Even tried telling me, "It's only in North Carolina."

I don't understand. Hey can they say this and tell me they love me and accept me in the same turn? That if and when the day comes that I find the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, they'll stand beside me and be there at whatever ceremony we decide to hold, but say they believe it's wrong that we can do so?

I just don't understand.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down