Dragon's Nest

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Fri May 11, 2012 10:56 pm

The land of Menitiros is made up of of seven nations. The largest and most powerful of which is Tian'men. While the nation lacks the technology the other nations possess such as firearms, Tian'men manages to retain its title as the most powerful due to it having the largest and most well-trained military, lead by an emperor of a dynasty. Since recorded history, Tian'men has experienced the rise and fall of twelve dynasties. However such a large country was not without its worries.

Since the last dynasty's emperor had passed away without leaving an heir, the people became like chickens without their heads. This had happened many times before, and each time a new family came into power to become the next ruling dynasty. But this time was different, for there were two different families the Xue and the Ketsueki who both wished for the ascension of their family as an imperial ruler and thus conflict a arises. It wasn't long before that conflict turned the families to despise each other, both sides trying everything they can to get rid of the other.


Roster -
1. Kuori - Mangix
2. Zeri - Ariel
3. Allindur - Gladdos
4. Masq - Orin
5. Silv - Heather

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

The longest and most important trade route in Tian'men was the Silk Road, a path paved with stone that stretched from one side of the country to the other, passing through every major city including the capital Luoyang. It was on this road today that a large caravan group were making their way to the capital after several weeks of foreign trade. They had picked up several travelers on their way back who were all sitting in a passenger cart.

One of the passengers seemed to be a native of the country, as he wore a black cloth robe, cloth shoes, and a bamboo hat which was tilted at an angle to cover his face. Not to mention he carried with him a gourd apparently filled with alcohol and a long bamboo staff. His build seemed unusually large compared to the other people in the country, who were all rather skinny.

"So, mind me asking where everyone is from?" the large man asked, breaking the silence between them.

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Sat May 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Ariel was humming a soft tune to herself, keeping her mind occupied as the caravan carted her away to places unknown. She was a free spirit, always going wherever the winds took her, never once settling down. Her dark brown hair fell in waves along her back, easily drifting with the wind. She was a very beautiful woman, and very dangerous-looking what with her quiver and bow slung across her shoulders. The tune stopped when one of the other passengers spoke up.

"Oh, I'm from here and there, anywhere and everywhere," Ariel said slyly, giving the strange man with the enormous hat a wink. "I go where the winds take me, I don't have a place to call home, and I like it that way."

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Sat May 12, 2012 1:00 pm

A new book had distracted Orin from the lengthy ride on the caravan, whisking him away into its own world. Conversation started up around him, and he didn't mind. A question as to where he was from? Pointless. Orin wasn't one to dwell on matters of the past, and there were some things he preferred to keep buried. He listened to the girl's response. She seemed rather whimsical. Letting the wind take you wherever it wants? Sounded dangerous, but Orin knew that's exactly what he was doing right at this moment. He needed to get away. A home didn't appeal to a researcher like him. It was better to travel in order to gain knowledge from different places.

"Something like her answer," Orin responded simply, pointing to Ariel. "Trying to gather research for improving my spellcasting requires me to do quite a bit of traveling. It's not oft that I am able to settle down somewhere." He paused for a moment and turned the page of his book, for he was certainly still reading. "I like it better that way anyway..."

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sat May 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Gladdos had been keeping himself busy drawing on the closest wooden surface with a piece of charcoal he kept inside the pocket for an emergency. This was a beautiful land, no doubts about that. He wondered how the essences would behave there. Of course they would work and obey. Every land was a land, and for fate, for the concepts, there were no outside barriers. But they were flexible, and he had seen some fluctuations in the past. By the time he realised, Gladdos was halfway through The Chariot. He tried to erase it, to no effect. He used a few strong traces to make it into gibberish and looked for something else to do.

Taking the decks from his belt pocket, Gladdos fixed himself a good area of clear bench and started shuffling. The other passengers were talking, that ought to be a good distraction.

-I'm from Eternia, the Glass Tower. But don't force your mind, you wouldn't be able to point that in a map even if you had seen every single inch of land in this world.

From personal experience, the best way to hide something was to leave it out in public. He was so brutally honest with the answer no one would probably question too much about it. He started arranging the cards in a roughly circular shape.

-What about you, mister? My question might come off as obvious, but I'm not yet familiar with everything about this land, so i'm in the dark, as to say.

He turned two cards in oposite opositions of the circle. The Void and The Tree of Life? Fan-fucking-tastic. What good is an oracle that keeps saying uncertainty is on it's way?

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Sat May 12, 2012 3:16 pm

The large man gave a hearty laugh upon hearing the three responses he was given. Two of them were almost the same, they were wanderers without a definite home, just like himself. Then the third one was a bit odd, but he just shrugged it off.

"Ah it's always good to meet travelers like myself. Name's Mangix. I come from the Qingling Mountains west of the capital. Pleased to meet ya." He said, "My purpose for travel is to find the secret to brewing the best ale in existence."

For that purpose he had been a wanderer for nearly a decade now, if his memory served him correctly, which in most cases did not. And while he had no real home he might as well call every tavern and inn across the country his home. He had made a name for himself. Everyone who went to a tavern knew his name, and they all treated him with respect as if he was their grandfather.

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Sat May 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Ariel flashed a smile as she heard Mangix explain who and what he was. "Oh really? You're a brewer? Well, when you make this 'best ale in existence' I'd like to try it for myself. I'm Ariel, it's a pleasure to meet you, Mangix." Ariel pointed to her chest as she introduced herself. There was something funny about this man, but Ariel couldn't put her finger on it. He wasn't like any other person she met in her travels, but no two people were the same anyway. Still, Ariel felt a strange sensation.

She might follow him around for a bit to find out who he truly was. It might turn out to be interesting. As she said before, she went with the winds, and the winds seemed to be telling her that good things would come of it if she got friendly with this Mangix character.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sat May 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Gladdos left the two cards turned up. Well, a second try, maybe? He looked at the other passengers. All travelers, like himself. A spellcaster, a brewer and, as it seemed, a true wayfarer. It was a confortable group to be thrown into. The Dream Teller smile and bowed his head a little.

-So, I'll not be the one to ruin the introductions. I'm a Dream Teller by excelence, and you may call be Gladdos. You have dream you need told, fate you want read, I'm the man to call. If my cards decide to cooperate, that is...

He turned two more cards in the circle. The Wheel of Fortune and the Chariot? Oh, so he was going to experience change? Marvelous, because he didn't notice he was travelling! A blind man could see change coming! It's pointless. He just sighed.

-And it seems they don't want to cooperate today. Well, so tell me more about that ale, you got my interest.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Sat May 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Orin proceeded to read as the others carried on with introductions. The one called Gladdos he found to be a bit strange, but what else could be said of a fortuneteller? Their craft was intriguing--the ability to give hints about what the future held. Perhaps he'd indulge in hearing about it some other time. "My name is Orin Alstere," he added his own introduction. Mangix, the brewer, eh? That was...an interesting occupation as well, even if it was fairly standard. Was there truly more to this fellow than met the eye? Orin turned another page in his book as his eyes scanned each of the words. He was rather good at multitasking.

"I'm with Gladdos on this one. Surely not every brewer would leave work to go searching for an ale that might not exist, yes? I have to say it is a noble conquest, especially those who have a tasting for the creature," he said, tossing his agreement with Gladdos out haphazardly. Real interest could be found in his tone of voice, even if his nose was buried in a book.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Sat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm

"Hahaha! I did not expect you to take such interest in my ale. Mangix laughed, though his face was still hidden by his hat, "There is not much to tell about it. It's difficult to find a taste of ale that suits everybody. So that's what I'm trying to accomplish through my travels, to find an ale that everyone will love. And when I do, I'll be sure you'll be the first to taste it Miss Ariel."

Suddenly the caravan stopped as the merchants all began talking and shouting, Mangix picked up a few words about bandits. It didn't surprise him very much, bandits around these parts were common since it was a major trade route. In the taverns he had heard many stories about bandits ambushing merchants and robbing them of their money. Sure enough, it didn't take long for the bandits to surround their passenger cart.

Scroll 00-01
Location: Eastern Silk Road
Objective: Route Enemy
Defeat: Party is defeated
Conditions: N/A

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) (L) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (X) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (F) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Mangix (Wandering Panda)

HP: 35/35
MP: 15/15
ATK: 6
DEF: 5
INT: 0
SPR: 4
Crit: 3%
Evd: 5%
Movement: 3

Fu (Bandit)

HP: 20/20
MP: 15/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Li (Bandit)

HP: 20/20
MP: 15/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Xiao (Bandit)

HP: 20/20
MP: 15/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

You may start in rows D-E, columns 4-6

Mangix starts at cell E-5

"Right, looks like we're going to have to kick some bandit butt." Mangix laughed and leaped off the cart, landing in front of one of the bandits.

The bandit took one look at Mangix's face and began backing away, holding his hatchet out in front of him as if trying to defend himself from a savage animal, shouting. "What are you?!"

"I'm just a traveling brewer."

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Sat May 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Ariel starts in E-6

"Don't mind if I hold you up on that promise," Ariel said, beaming. She jumped off the cart and joined Mangix at his side. She quickly pulled her bow from her back and tightened the string on it. Bandits huh? Ariel has dealt with things much more brutal and savage than ordinary bandits. This should be a breeze. Ariel grinned, her confidence obvious with her feet at shoulder length apart, her bent knees in a crouch, and a hand on an arrow, strung to the bow.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Orin starts in D5.

Well, he did have the ability to fight and he certainly wasn't apt to sit around and let bandits steal his belongings. Following Mangix's lead, Orin hopped off the cart and ungracefully managed to right himself next to Mangix. This...man was enormous, now that Orin was able to stand right next to him. If they were fighting, then he was glad to have such a potentially powerful person backing him up. Orin lowered his book and closed it, securing it in some straps that he wore on his lower back. Concentrating his mana, he swiped the back of his right hand towards his fingers and beyond a bit which formed what appeared to be a blade of sorts.

"Quite surprising they're so afraid," Orin said aloud without focusing on Mangix at all. His eyes were trained on one of the bandits nearby. "I suppose that gives us some sort of element of the upper hand?" He awaited patiently to see if the others would lend their own abilities to the skirmish. The more, the better.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Sat May 12, 2012 8:12 pm

A fairly large deer dashed through the brush, darting off in a frenetic manner. Despite the large number of needles protruding from its back and abdomen, it was still on the run. But it could not avoid the inevitable, for she was after it, and it would not escape her. Tuff. Tuff. Tuff. More needles embedded themselves within the creature, causing a feral cry to escape its maw. Tuff. One final needle lodged in the back of its neck, causing a muffled cry to bleat out before it fell to the ground.

A chuckle rang out from behind it, a fairly young looking girl appearing out of thin air and carefully stepping over to it. "Too easy." She continued to chuckle as she ripped the needles out of the creature, pocketing them once more. A malicious grin spread across her face as she looked into the wild eyes of her soon to be meal, how fragile it looked in this state. In moments that look left the animal's eyes, as a pair of pearly fangs sank into its neck.

Gulp after satisfied gulp came from the girl as she gorged on the creature's vital fluid, being careful to make sure it looked like another animal's attack. It only took a couple moments for the thing to lose its use to her, and she dropped it with a sigh. "Animal blood never satisfies..." She thought to herself, retrieving a cloth from the other pouch on her side and wiping her mouth free of any residue.

It was sad that she would leave with only a hollow sense of satisfaction, but it could not be helped. Civilians would not be pleased with her being here, so unless she happened to stumble upon someone in 'need' of her services, she would have to deal with it. But fate has a funny way of helping one out every once in awhile, and she was quite pleased to hear a cry of help nearby. She took off without a second thought, her malicious grin spreading even farther as she noticed three very human bandits. They would satisfy her; very much so.

But alas, there were several people getting ready to fight these men; they would have no use for their blood. Nor would they bother even thinking about using it. It would all go to waste if she did not intervene. Cloaking herself once more, she dashed over to the group, with every intention of getting her way. From her hidden positioning, she spoke very calmly and quietly. "I shall lend you a hand, in return they shall be mine to do what I want with."

She appeared next to the mage.

"Are we clear?"

Heather starts at D4!

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun May 13, 2012 12:58 am

Just as Gladdos put his hand over the last card in the circle, the caravan stopped and everyone was out. The Dream Teller sighed. Oh well, just a handful of bandits, how dangerous could they be? He quickly gathered his cards back into the decks and saved the last unrevealed one, pocketing it. If he didn't check it out later, that would stay in his head for the rest of the week.

Jumping out of the cart, he ran to position, between Ariel and Orin, barely catching the ending of a phrase thrown in the air by a girl he hadn't seen before. So this was getting pretty interesting pretty fast. He broadened his mind, feeling the warm, familiar feeling on his back, and left the deck ready in his hand. As he got ready, a thought came across his mind: he sure didn't look menacing in his fortune teller looks. Well, the enemy was already scared anyways, a little more surprise would surely be amusing.

Gladdos starts at D6

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Sun May 13, 2012 1:39 am

Scroll 00-01
Location: Eastern Silk Road
Objective: Route Enemy
Defeat: Party is defeated
Conditions: N/A

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) (L) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (X) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) (H) (O) (G) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) (A) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (F) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Mangix (Wandering Panda)

HP: 35/35
MP: 15/15
ATK: 6
DEF: 5
INT: 0
SPR: 4
Crit: 3%
Evd: 5%
Movement: 3

Ariel (Ranger)

HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
ATK: 7
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 3
Crit: 4%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 4

Orin (Researcher)

HP: 15/15
MP: 30/30
ATK: 0
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 5
Crit: 5%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Heather (Vampire)

HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
ATK: 7
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 4
Crit: 6%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3

Gladdos (Dream Teller)

HP: 15/15
MP: 35/35
ATK: 2
DEF: 4
INT: 5
SPR: 3
Crit: 4%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Fu (Bandit)

HP: 20/20
MP: 15/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Li (Bandit)

HP: 20/20
MP: 15/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Xiao (Bandit)

HP: 20/20
MP: 15/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Player Phase

Mangix moves to cell G-5

Mangix leaped toward the bandit that had backed away from him. The agility he possessed was very unusual for someone with his massive size. Unless of course, he wasn't human. As he jumped and flipped toward the bandit his large bamboo hat fell down behind his head, as if was only somewhat secured by a string under Mangix's chin. Under the hat were two round furry ears atop his head which was covered entirely by white fur, and a face that couldn't be human. The area around his eyes had black fur instead of white, and the man's nose and mouth resembled that of a bear's.

Just as he was about to land near the bandit, Mangix retrieved the large barrel from his back and slammed it against the bandit's head right when he landed. The colorless liquid which could only be alcohol poured out from the barrel and drenched the bandit.

Mangix uses Keg Smash on Fu. 7 ATK Dmg. Chance of Confuse
MP: 7/15


Last edited by GosuKuoriChan on Sun May 13, 2012 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun May 13, 2012 2:11 am

Gladdos was on the way of drawing a card when he witnessed Mangix's attack. So he was a...panda bear? This land was getting stranger and stranger. The shock almost threw him off his casting-state. Well, there would be time to look deeper into this. He shook his head and looked at the bandit closest to him. The Dream teller took a deep breath, letting his vision broaden up and the currents of reality fade back into vision. Now was a time for expansion, not focus.

Gladdos drew his card and extended his right hand opened. The magic circle in the back of the glove shone in a deep blue - Project Stage! - in slow motions the circle drew itsef in the air, in the size of a small coffee table. The Dream Teller put the card inside the circle, face turned to the bandit.The Circle went brighter and at the last moment, Gladdos spinned the card upside down, turning the circle into a crimson red.

-Heavens' tears fill the earth. Dark shadow of the keep. O quam sancta, kyrie. Thirty times three be curse, oathbreaker. Bleeder of skies, hanged in thy very cross. 5...3...1. Last seal broken, Stage complete. Mistress of lies. The False Prophet: I command you!

The circle shattered, raining red stars all around the nearby area. The card remained static in it's place, a creeping screech filling the air. A dark, sweet voice whispered around the bandit, it's lies vomiting shadows on his body, wich flowed to the ground. It burns. As the voice faded, so did the card fell in it's master's hands, visibly tired.

Gladdos spins Deck of The Moon: The Hierophant!

Glados uses Deck of the Moon: The False Priest on Xiao! 6 Dark Int Dmg! Chance of Blind or Silence!

MP: 29/35

Gladdos waits.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Sun May 13, 2012 8:46 am

Orin moves to C5.

Orin blinked as he noticed someone appear in front of him quite clearly, speaking of strange agreements and stuff. He thought for a moment before moving up a bit so the girl wasn't in the line of fire. "You were on the cart too, right?" he said listlessly, trying to think about everyone who was aboard, but he couldn't remember seeing everyone because of his constant reading. "I guess you can do whatever you want with them afterwards. For now, we just want them gone." Orin heard a loud sound like that of a heavy object smashing into something and turned to see that it was only Mangix executing a powerful attack. He had quite the skill for a mere brewer...oh, but he was a panda bear too. Orin nodded slowly before grimacing. What on earth? I've heard of talking creatures in the lore I've read, but here's one that talks, brews ale, and fights. I guess the lore had to get its ideas from somewhere, he thought before spinning quickly and pointing at the bandit he had originally been targeting. Mana began to spike around him, swirling about neutrally as if awaiting command.

"O perilous flames roar! Fireball! Fireball!" At his chant, the mana reacted swiftly forming two spheres that instantly glowed red like hot embers and burst into flame, shooting through the air seemingly of their own accord before attempting to strike the bandit Orin had indicated.

Orin casts Fireball! 2 hits! 6 Fire Dmg per hit! (INT)

MP: 22/30

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Sun May 13, 2012 9:58 am

Heather
Hp: 20/20
Mp: 20/20
Atk: 7
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 Cells


The girl went unfazed by the large man revealing himself to be not a man but a panda. Nor did she bother pay the card carrying mage any attention as he busied himself with the fight. Instead she nodded in the other mage's direction, her malicious smile returning. "Thank you." She said plainly, before disappearing before his eyes once more.

Heather casts Huntress on Herself! Bestows Invisibility!

Under her veil, the girl watched the man move out of her way and towards the two nearby bandits. She supposed he could handle himself, but helping him out meant getting to her meal faster. So, she quickly took his previous position, readying several needles. These bandits had no idea who they were messing with.

Heather moves to D5!

Heather *Invisible (3)*
Hp: 20/20
Mp: 12/20
Atk: 7
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 Cells

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Sun May 13, 2012 11:11 am

Ariel was pleasantly surprised to see that her suspicions were not too far-fetched. Mangix was actually a panda. How adorable. It made sense to her now, how he was so incredibly burly. Ariel smiled, no wonder he was hiding his face. It was because of the reactions of other people, the bandits. But Ariel knew better, being so in tune with nature as she was, Mangix was probably a kinder spirit than most others.

"Let me help you out there, my furry friend," Ariel offered, drawing back the string of her bow and pointing it at the bandit he was attacking. With a snap of the wood, the arrow flew across the way and impaled the bandit Mangix attacked.

Ariel attacks Fu! 7 Atk DMG!

Ariel waits.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Sun May 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Fu takes 4 damage (Mangix)
HP: 16/20

Fu is Confused

Fu is Weak to Fire

Xiao takes 3 damage (Gladdos)
HP: 17/20

Xiao avoids Blind

Xiao avoids Silence

Li takes 6 damage (Orin)
HP: 14/20

Fu takes 4 damage (Ariel)
HP: 12/20

Heather becomes Invisible

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) (L) ( ) ( ) (O) ( ) ( ) (X) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) (G) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (A) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (F) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Enemy Phase

Fu attacks himself. Fu takes 2 damage
HP: 10/20

Fu waits

Fu is Confused for 2 more turns
---------------------------
Li moves to cell C-4

Li uses Bloody Axe on Orin.
MP: 8/15

Orin takes 2 damage
HP: 13/15

Orin evades Bleed

Orin evades Poison
---------------------------
Xiao moves to cell C-6

Xiao uses Bloody Axe on Gladdos
MP: 8/15

Gladdos takes 1 damage
HP: 14/15

Gladdos is Bleeding

Gladdos evades Poison

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) (L) (O) (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) (G) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (A) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (F) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Mangix (Wandering Panda)

HP: 35/35
MP: 7/15
ATK: 6
DEF: 5
INT: 0
SPR: 4
Crit: 3%
Evd: 5%
Movement: 3

Ariel (Ranger)

HP: 20/20
MP: 20/20
ATK: 7
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 3
Crit: 4%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 4

Orin (Researcher)

HP: 13/15
MP: 22/30
ATK: 0
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 5
Crit: 5%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Heather (Vampire) [Invisible]

HP: 20/20
MP: 12/20
ATK: 7
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 4
Crit: 6%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3

Gladdos (Dream Teller) [Bleeding]

HP: 14/15
MP: 29/35
ATK: 2
DEF: 4
INT: 5
SPR: 3
Crit: 4%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Fu (Bandit) [Confused; Weak: Fire]

HP: 10/20
MP: 15/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Li (Bandit)

HP: 14/20
MP: 8/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Xiao (Bandit)

HP: 17/20
MP: 8/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Player Phase

Mangix attacks Fu. 6 ATK Dmg

"Ah yes, thank you Miss Ariel and everyone." Mangix laughed, surprised that no one overreacted to discovering he had been a talking animal.

Seeing that his previous strike had managed to knock the sense out of the bandit, Mangix quickly took advantage of it and smacked the bandit across the face with the bamboo staff he carried with him.


Last edited by GosuKuoriChan on Sun May 13, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun May 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Great, now he was bleeding. Well, no big deal, he could easily take care of that later. The only thing annoying is how the bandit managed to resist The False Priest's voice. Well, nothing left but to get fully offensive.

Gladdos moves to D8.


Repositioning himself, the Dream Teller draws another card. If he was going to take that bandit alone, he would have to get serious. He didn't like spinning cards up and down, but that guys had to be disabled. Extending his hand, he projected the circle once again. "Project Stage!" He took the card and placed it in the blue circle, and then spinned it just as the circle was charging. Once again it turned red, and once again he chanted.

-Eyes of cold death, scourge of the north. Under a path of frozen roses. Cross, Bear, Hound. Seventy solid men in a crystal prison. Eternal solitude. Fourth Seal broken, Stage Complete. Maiden of Winter. The Frozen Spirit: I command thee!

The circle shattered in a thousand red stars, as a white-blue visage surged from the card, weaving through the air to meet the bandit, exploding in snow and crystal shards and chilling the air around it. The card fell back to Gladdos' hand, tired and irritated.

Gladdos spins Deck of The Earth: The Salamander!
Gladdos uses Deck of The Earth: The Frozen Spirit on Xiao! 6 Ice Int Dmg! Chance of Freeze.

MP: 21/35

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Sun May 13, 2012 2:14 pm

Heather *Invisible (3)*
Hp: 20/20
Mp: 12/20
Atk: 7
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 Cells


Heather attacks Li! 7 Atk Damage!

Heather's invisible visage grew even more malicious as the one man who agreed to her deal was attacked by one of the bandits. Though she would drain these ruffians regardless of what anyone said, she was highly displeased with the thought of losing him. Of course, it was more of a matter of upholding her end of the bargain than it was her worry about him. Readying her right hand, she crossed it to her left shoulder and chucked four needles at the man.

Heather *Invisible (2)*
Hp: 20/20
Mp: 12/20
Atk: 7
Def: 3
Int: 1
Spr: 4
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 Cells

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Sun May 13, 2012 2:53 pm

Ariel shot a look back behind her, to make sure that no one was going to surprise her. Her ears were excellent at what they did, and her eyes confirmed that only the strange man, Gladdos, was behind her. She saw one of the bandits slash at him, and now his wound was bleeding profusely. Ariel looked around at the others, they all seemed to be fine, especially Mangix, who was really causing some hurt on the bandit.

Ariel quickly removed a bottle of antiseptic and a thin lining of moss from a pouch that hung on her belt. She turned to Gladdos and grabbed his arm, laying out the medicine over his wound, so it wouldn't get infected, and then wrapping the moss around it, binding it tight with a small band that Ariel retrieved from her hair.

"There," Ariel said, satisfied with her work. "Don't exert yourself too much, or the blood will leak through. Otherwise, you should be fine."

Ariel moves to E-8

Ariel uses her First-Aid Kit for Gladdos! Target: Bleeding

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Sun May 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Orin moves to E5.

The axe had nicked his skin but missed hitting anything vital. Ignoring the slight wound for now, Orin leaped back just a bit. Mana began to condense in the air, awaiting command as it had before. Together as a unit, the passengers were putting up a decent fight which was at least moderately surprising. You would have thought they had been doing it their entire lives, though Orin was one to speak. Practicing magic was his life. He devoted it to researching new methods to formulate spells and boost their efficiency. As he thought, the mana grew restless and Orin knew he had to conduct it soon.

"Striking waters, rise from the earth as to catch the enemy unawares! Flood! Flood!" Orin chanted, watching the mana dive below the earth and pool around the bandit's feet as it began to glow blue in color. In a sudden spray, water surged out of the pull upwards with great force, only to be succeeded by a second blast of water of equal strength. Water droplets from the spell cascaded down upon the area like rain before stopping a few moments later.

Orin casts Flood on Li! 2 hits! 6 Water Dmg per hit! (INT)

MP: 14/30

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Sun May 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Fu takes 3 damage (Mangix)
HP: 7/20

Xiao takes 3 damage (Gladdos)
HP: 14/20

Xiao evades Freeze

Li takes 4 damage (Heather)
HP: 10/20

Li takes 6 damage (Orin)
HP: 4/20

Gladdos is cured of Bleeding (Ariel)

Heather is Invisible for 2 more turns

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) (L) ( ) (X) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) (G) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (O) ( ) ( ) (A) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (F) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Enemy Phase

Fu attacks himself. Fu takes 2 damage
HP: 5/20

Fu waits

Fu is Confused for 1 more turn
---------------------------
Li moves to cell A-3

The bandit saw that one of his companions was being beaten senseless by the large panda man. That coupled with the random needles being thrown from seemingly nowhere and the people they were fighting being able to use magic was enough reason to run.

"The boss said there weren't no bodyguards! This ain't worth it! Let's get outta here!" the bandit shouted to his still sensible ally before turning tail and running away.

Li tries to escape.
Turn: 1/2
---------------------------
Xiao moves to cell E-7

"Dammit! Stay and fight you piece of shit! The boss is paying us lots if we can pull it off!" the other bandit shouted back at the his fleeing friend.

The bandit went past the fortune teller when he caught glimpse of a female taking something from her belt, there must be money in there too. He grabbed the woman's arm with one hand and reached for the pouch with the other.

"Let's see what you got girlie."

Xiao uses Mug on Ariel.
MP: 0/15

Ariel takes 2 damage
HP: 18/20

Ariel evades Poison

Xiao steals 100 Gold

( ) ( ) (L) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) (G) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (O) ( ) (X) (A) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) F
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (F) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Mangix (Wandering Panda)

HP: 35/35
MP: 7/15
ATK: 6
DEF: 5
INT: 0
SPR: 4
Crit: 3%
Evd: 5%
Movement: 3

Ariel (Ranger)

HP: 18/20
MP: 20/20
ATK: 7
DEF: 4
INT: 1
SPR: 3
Crit: 4%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 4

Orin (Researcher)

HP: 13/15
MP: 14/30
ATK: 0
DEF: 3
INT: 6
SPR: 5
Crit: 5%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Heather (Vampire) [Invisible]

HP: 20/20
MP: 12/20
ATK: 7
DEF: 3
INT: 1
SPR: 4
Crit: 6%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3

Gladdos (Dream Teller)

HP: 14/15
MP: 21/35
ATK: 2
DEF: 4
INT: 5
SPR: 3
Crit: 4%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Fu (Bandit) [Confused; Weak: Fire]

HP: 5/20
MP: 15/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Li (Bandit) [Fleeing: 1/2]

HP: 4/20
MP: 8/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Xiao (Bandit)

HP: 14/20
MP: 0/15
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 0
SPR: 3
Crit: 3%
Evd: 2%
Movement: 3

Player Phase

Mangix attacks Fu. 6 ATK Dmg

From the conversation the two other bandits were having, it seemed that the others were doing a fairly good job of taking care of them. And this one was still stumbling and tripping over his own feet trying to hit him. A few more hits ought to do it.

"Hiya!" Mangix shouted as he swung his furry fist and punched the bandit right in the face.

Mangix waits

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:28 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum