Dragon's Nest

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Mon May 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Gladdos' cloth armour was almost ready after the half hour time the woman asked. He decided to go dress what was already done: trousers and boots. The Dream Teller went into a changing room just in time to be seen by Mangix, but not see him. He heard the sound of another customer coming in and going out while he changed. He was soon back to the armorer with only the loose pants and the boots on. He carefully positioned himself so that only his front side was visible, but that didn't seem to stop her from catching a glimpse.

-What's this thing on your back?

He thought of hiding it, but there was no point. Better to get it over with. He turned around and let the woman see. He could hear her gasp, even from where he was standing. Gladdos just turned back and got his tunic from her hands.

-Th-that doesn't look like a tattoo...

-No, it doesn't. It's not made from ink and needles.

He paused for a moment to close the last buttons and get the leather jerkin that was suposed to go over the tunic.

-It was made with a sharp orichalcum dagger and a cooled steel knife.

The armorer remained silent as the Dream Teller put the thick cloak over his shoulders and walked to the door. He paused, waiting for her words. He didn't want to be rude.

-Just answer me this: was it worth it?

He actually had to think for a moment before answering that.

-Most of the times, I think yes. But not always. Definitely not always. Good afternoon, Armorer. Thank you for everything.

-Good afternoon, Traveller. It was a pleasure.

And the Dream Teller walked out, not in mood to talk to anyone.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Tue May 29, 2012 3:43 pm

"Thank you Anemone," Ariel said gratefully, stepping up towards the shop just as Mangix came out. She wasn't surprised to see him, but it was good to know what he was up to. She grinned at him as he asked them what they were up to. She pounded her chest as an expression of determination, though for what wasn't quite as obvious. "I dunno about them," Ariel started, jabbing her thumb back at Orin and Anemone, "But I'm here for something new and clean, for sure. This old vest of mine has seen better days."

Ariel patted Mangix's shoulder as she passed, "See you at the inn. Make sure to leave at least a pint for me before it's all gone, alright?" Ariel asked kindly, entering the shop.

Upon entering the shop, Ariel noticed the woman inside almost immediately, standing nearby. This must be whom Anemone called Kunlin, as she was the only one left in the shop at the moment. Or at least, the only one that appeared to belong to this place. Ariel greeted her with a grin and a wave of her hand.

"I'm looking for something to blend in with the land," Ariel told the woman, still grinning. Her bow was fairly visible on her back with her quiver, so it would not take long for the woman to see what Ariel was. A Ranger, of course.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Tue May 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Orin waved a hand dismissively at the armor shop, choosing to stay outside in the evening air with Anemone. "I've already got someone doing my shopping. I don't know if I'll regret it or not, but we'll see," he explained. He gave a nod to Mangix who looked rather nice in his new outfit...well, as nice as a giant, talking, ale-drinking panda can look. "I'm just tagging along with Ariel. Anemone here was taking us on a little tour of the capital until it's time for us to meet back up again." He looked to the girl that had been kind enough to offer that gesture. He also wondered if Mangix was going to stick around. The researcher forgot if Mangix had mentioned spending time in the capital. With the amount of traveling the panda had done to find his ideal ale, Orin figured it wouldn't be too much of a long shot assuming that Mangix had been here some time before. Orin made a note to pay a bit more attention to things.

"Well, since we've got a few minutes while Ariel shops, I'd like to comment on your exquisite sword," Orin directed towards Anemone. Though it was true he had no actual swordsmanship skills, Orin always found the weapons themselves to be quite wondrous, especially when they were so ornately crafted. "To see such a sword makes me think of art." His voice took on a whimsical note as he looked up into the sky for a moment. An image of a beautiful sword cutting through the young woman that he loved flashed through his mind. How many times would he be reminded of it today?

*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio on Tue May 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Mangix laughed and returned the nod to Orin, then turning around and promising Ariel to keep a few mugs with her name on them. Then his eyes set on the girl, Anemone was her name. She looked rather familiar to someone Mangix has met a few years ago. But that couldn't be right, she was much older than this little girl back then. It must be just a coincidence, and Mangix didn't put much more thought into it.

"Yes well I was just about to go find myself a new staff. I'm afraid this fragile one won't be able to handle much more fighting." Mangix replied, waving his bamboo staff in the air, "And thank you Miss Anemone for helping my companions here. It would be nice to learn this place well, I remember the first time I came here. I was hopelessly lost for several hours." Mangix laughed again before turning toward the direction of the weapon shop and walking away. But not before waving his hand as if to say "I'm off, see you at the inn."

"He's a large one, isn't he?" Anemone said once Mangix was gone and then realizes Orin's earlier comment about her sword, "Ah yes, it's called Harusame, or 'Spring Rain.' It's a birthday gift from my older sister, well, half-sister anyway. I like how it's crafted, but more than anything it fits well in my hands and feels easy to wield. I like it quite a lot."

Inside the store the woman, Kunlin, was just about to go close up shop for the night when Ariel entered. She said she wanted something to blend in with the land, she must be a hunter of sorts. Kunlin smiled and nodded before taking measurements of the ranger. "Alright, any particular kind of clothing you would like?" she asked as she finished the measurements, "Or will something simple like a vest be fine with you?"

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Orin felt a bit uneasy about Anemone's comments on Mangix's size. It had taken him a few seconds to realize he was trying to hide what he really was, just as he had back on the caravan. Not wishing to ruin Mangix's disguise, Orin nodded his head in agreement, just as casual as he had been before. "Yes, you don't see many like him around, that's for sure," he replied to the comment truthfully, for it certainly was no lie. There was no need to go into details. Besides, the attention had already been shifted to the sword that she carried. The name was like artwork as well. Suddenly, he felt inspired to try something out that he had been working on long before he started traveling in the region. It was a brand of magic meant to augment.

"Spring Rain. A beautiful name to be sure," Orin said with a slight trace of a smile on his face. "Would you mind unsheathing it? I would like to try something. You know, I'm actually a magician. My spells are nothing to mess around with, but I was working on one that would help my allies a while back, though I never was able to create a proper incantation to evoke the mana to do what I desired. However, your Harusame has given me some inspiration. Will you indulge me?" He knew it was an odd request, but he hoped it sounded like he knew what he was doing, which he did know what he was doing. The conduction of the mana was the easy part; formulating his own incantations was a bit difficult, and since it was a newer form of augmentation spell, there wasn't a previous incantation to work with.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio on Tue May 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Anemone nodded, rather eagerly in fact. It had always amazed her when she saw magic that was not of this country. Even through all her years of travel she has never ceased to be impressed by the beauty of the magic she has seen. "Oh no, of course I wouldn't mind." Anemone responded as if to reinforce her nod. She gently placed her hand on the hilt of the sword and slowly removed it from its sheath. She held it out horizontally with both hands, anticipating the spectacular display of magic the man would now perform.

Kurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Tue May 29, 2012 5:37 pm

"Excellent," Orin whispered, awed by the wondrous blade. He kept his eyes trained upon it as he felt the mana start to thicken around him, but only slightly. The memory of nearly suffocating because of the mana needed for his ultimate ability arose in his mind, but he forced it down beneath the surface of the sea of his thoughts. "Let us begin." Fire and water. They were the easiest elements to command. Fire longed to grow, and water could take many shapes. He had developed two spells based on each element to augment the attacks of melee fighters. He hadn't thought of an incantation for either of them, but Anemone's sword allowed him to forge one for the water spell, so it was that one he would focus on.

"The rising of the tides." Orin waved a hand through the air, watching as the mana became more fluid. "The gentle coursing of the river." He focused on the blade and watched the mana gather there at that point, swirling about the blade like a whirlpool. "The pulsating heart of the ocean." It was here that he was able to feel the true soul of water. It nearly overwhelmed him, but he allowed his eyes to close as he embraced the feeling. The mana around his hands glowed a bright blue and seemed to resonate with the mana surrounding Anemone's blade. "With each beat of that heart, the enemy is drenched in the spirit of the spring rain. Soak!" With the incantation complete, he opened his eyes and watched as the mana began to convert into pure water, swirling about the blade with great fluidity, condensing and forming a liquid coat around it. He kept his eyes and hands trained towards the water to make sure it was stable, but once he was sure that it was, he lowered his guard, sighing in relief as the water held strong.

"It's as amazing as I planned it to be...or at least I think it is," Orin said, allowing himself a slight laugh. Magic always enthralled him, especially new forms of it. His mood was much better now. "The blade should be able to cut just fine, but along with the cut comes the power of water along with dampening the enemy making it vulnerable to the power of lightning," he explained the effects of his spell.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Tue May 29, 2012 11:27 pm

The Dream Teller walked around the city aimlessly for some time, just to clear his head. He needed to be at the inn in a short time, but he surely didn't feel like it. First, he needed soothing, only then a distraction. Seeing no better choice, he just kep his pace, letting memories flow freely through his mind. The fires of six torches. Masks, so many masks. Plays, music, dancing. Then rain. Many days of travel. Travel by horse, by boat, and on a strange kind of boat that sailed the winds. An impossibly tall tower, seeminly made of pure glass. Years going by, the secrets, the art, the craft. The Love. The so waited contest, a prize and congratulations. A question, a task. Pain. So much pain. Farewells.

Will you miss me?

Every second.

Will you promisse to come back to me?

Before the skies fall, before the seas turn to blood. I'll come back to you.

I love you, Gladdos...

I love you, Lou...

The Dream Teller wiped a lonely tear away. He looked at the sky. He could almost see the Astral Sea reflected on it. He would come back. One day...

It took some time to find the inn, but Gladdos managed it, though a bit late. He really needed some alcohol right now. And someone to warm his bed...

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Ariel smiled as the woman took her measurements. This was obviously something she had done for quite awhile, so it was quick and painless. Upon being asked about a vest, Ariel nodded once and replied, "Yes, a vest would be perfect for what I have in mind. Something sturdy to withstand the wear and tear of nature." And bandits. Other such criminals that lurk in places Ariel wished to go. Quite frequently, whenever Ariel went up against a band of brigands, she would have shot them all down before they got within a meter of her.

Ariel dug into a pouch and retrieved some gold coins to pay for the new vest. "Thank you for your service," Ariel said politely.

Ariel purchases Camouflage Vest! -100 Gold

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:21 am

"You're welcome dear, come again soon." the woman said with a smile.

Outside the shop Anemone watched with awe as the magician did his thing, making mana turn into water. Then forcing the water to almost solidify around her blade. When he said the blade now had the power of water Anemone giggled, smiling as she admired the coat of water around her new sword. It now could literally live up to its name the Harusame.

"Thank you so much sir!" Anemone said, giving the magician a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

While this happened Mangix had found his way to the weapon shop. Even though Mangix was adept at the use of any and all martial weapons he preferred to use staves. Only when it was not a possibility did Mangix even consider using any other weapon. However, it seemed that this place did not have even one staff weapon, which troubled Mangix, until he saw near the door a large wooden stick. Probably used to hang those lanterns that were much too high for a normal person to reach. He picked it up, it was quite light in weight and the perfect length for him to use. "I'll be taking this." he said and placed the gold on the counter as the store clerk watched him leave with a puzzled look on his face. Now Mangix just needs to get to the inn and wait for everyone else, then there would be a drinking party to be had.

Mangix purchases and equips Wooden Staff. -120 Gold

Kurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:40 am

"Oh, it's no problem. It's only temp--" Orin began to explain only to feel the girl wrap her arms around him. He felt her lips press against his cheek in a soft kiss, and a scarlet blush made his face feel like it was on fire. The researcher was still awestruck even after she had finished her task of gratitude and he touched the spot on his cheek gingerly as if he had been smacked. It wasn't like it was that surprising to him. The miracles of magic could evoke such reactions from people. In the end he tried to recollect himself which worked for the most part, but he still felt the blush on his face and wished dearly for it to go away. Deep inside, he realized he must still be a bit embarrassed.

"W-well, yes, you're very welcome," Orin stated calmly, though he wondered how effectively he had managed to hide his nervousness. "I was saying that the spell was only designed to be temporary, but..." He took a look closely at the blade, scrutinizing it like a piece of meat. When he was satisfied, a smile crept onto his face. "The spell seems to be holding up unbelievably well. I don't know if it has to do with it being the first casting or if your sword has such an affinity with the spell, but I do believe that if you feed it just a little bit of mana from time to time, you can bring the spell's effect to life. This is completely unexpected, but I think it is vastly appropriate for your weapon. I'm glad to have been of service, and I'm also glad you indulged me," he added sheepishly at the end, taking a moment to let out a little chuckle. Seeing that the magic meant a lot to her was nice. He knew not everyone appreciated magic, but when he met people like Anemone who weren't practitioners, yet thoroughly enjoyed it, he couldn't help but to feel pleased.

And happy. Something told him that he wouldn't be drinking in despair anymore this evening, but in pleasure instead. His eyes shot towards the door, wondering if Ariel had finished her purchases.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:15 pm

After putting on her new vest and admiring the camouflage coloring of it, Ariel took a quick bow towards the clothier, thanking her again, and exiting through the door she entered. Just in time to see Orin and Anemone stuck together like magnets, though Anemone was the one who kissed his cheek. A playful grin slipped onto Ariel's lips as she watched them part. How adorable. Ariel watched for a moment, her grin faded away as she listened in on their exchange.

Anemone's sword seemed to have been altered. Orin must have done something with his magic, from what Ariel heard. She didn't know how to feel about Orin altering the blade with magic, but if Anemone was happy with it, then it should be fine. It wasn't any of Ariel's business.

Orin looked her way, his face still red from blushing. It was obvious he enjoyed the little kiss from Anemone. Ariel gave him a knowing smile and walked over to him, patting him on the shoulder. "I see you two are enjoying yourselves," Ariel said pleasantly, still grinning, "I'm ready to shove off to the inn, but if you two need some time alone, don't mind me." Ariel laughed aloud and walked around Orin, headed to the inn.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Anemone smiled and nodded in response to Orin explaining that her weapon was special. The spell was supposed to only be temporary, but it didn't appear to be so with Harusame. Maybe it did have some affinity with water, like the mage said. She noticed the blush on the mage's face, but it wasn't until she realized that the ranger, Ariel, had saw that little hug and kiss on the cheek that Anemone herself turned red.

"Well if you guys are going for the inn the closest one is on the left side of the street around the corner. It's the brightest lit building, you can't miss it." Anemone said, pointing down the street where there was a intersection, "Anyway I should get back home now. See ya!"

And with that she was off, skipping down the street in the opposite direction she just pointed toward.

Meanwhile in said inn Mangix entered, removing his large bamboo hat as soon as the doors to the inn closed behind him. Immediately everyone's eyes fell on the large panda-man and he was greeted with a wave of cheers. He had made a rather good name for himself among the various inns and taverns across the country, ten years as a traveling brewer would do something like that. The various men who had been drinking moments ago all put down their mugs. Some stood up and came to greet their furry friend as he went to a seat.

"Good to see everyone again." Mangix announced.

"You too Mangix." the bartender replied and slid a mug of ale across the counter, "On the house."

Kurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:49 pm

On a lone table, Gladdos was humming a peaceful song from semi-forgotten times while he carved a magic circle into the steel plate on the back of his left new glove. A glass of sake rested half empty while the Dream Teller worked distracted, eyeing many faces around the inn.
"The people from this land have such delicate and beautiful traces. One more thing I like about here."

Suddenly, his disperse thought were interrupted by the panda man bursting through the door, receiving cheers from everyone. Mangix! It was good to see the travelling brewer again, and he probably knew everyone in the place. Gladdos would be sure to make use of that. He got up and walked to his conrade.

-Yo, Mangix! So I finally found you, or is it you who found me? Well, we meet, hello.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:05 pm

"See ya," Orin allowed himself to say despite Anemone already hightailing it down the road in the opposite direction. He was glad that she was so patient with his magic, and he was even more glad that his spell was a success. He'd have to work some kinks out to put it to more practical use, not to mention there were quite a few other spells he wanted to put into practice before he transitioned into augmentation magic. Orin paced in the direction Anemone pointed out, face in his old book. The words were familiar, of course, but he sought to read the text again in the case he had missed something before. He remembered Ariel was heading to the inn as well. He wondered if he passed her.

Walking through the front doors, Orin bumped into someone who was luckily sober. He bowed his head and verbally apologized. Turned out that the man was actually in really good cheer. A traveling brewer that he and the other barflies knew well had arrived. Looking in the direction the man pointed in, Orin saw Mangix, and it appeared Gladdos was with him as well. "Good, that means he can go on and buy my damn drink," Orin stated flatly as he moved over to where the other two were. Tucking his book away, Orin placed a hand on Mangix's shoulder.

"Well, I'm here. Since we promised to meet up and all. Looks like I passed Ariel somehow...then again, she didn't exactly have a great head start," Orin explained drolly, waving his free hand dismissively before pointing a finger accusingly at Gladdos. "You, good sir, owe me a free mug of ale. While you were out cold, I ended that bitch. So yeah," he stated matter-of-factly, since really there was nothing else to settle. Even if the drink wasn't necessary to him now because of his slightly boosted mood, a wager was a wager.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:46 pm

Mangix was just finishing his mug of ale before he heard one of the traveler's familiar voice. He turned to see the fortune teller, Gladdos was it, approach him and grinned. He seemed to have been faring well, even having a little drink of his own. Mangix glanced at his drink, immediately recognizin it as sake, something that he would never drink over a mug of good ale. The panda-man gulped down the last of his ale and stood up to face Gladdos.

"Good to see you Gladdos. How has the capital been treatin' ya?" Mangix asked.

Then Orin entered the inn and came to the two of them. Orin wanted his drink, that could be easily arranged. And after what the mags had gone through today he deserved something strong to pick up his spirits again. Just then the bartender stopped beside Mangix, inspecting his two companions. The bartender seemed to be well over thirty years of age, and was quite tall. He had a large build, though nowhere near as large as Mangix, and his face had a rugged look to it with a black beard and sideburns.

"Glad to see you've made some friends Mangix." the bartender said, "Traveling with others is always better than traveling alone. I learned that lesson years ago."

"Ah yes, we had happened upon each other and we were all heading toward the same destination. So we were traveling together for a while." Mangix replied with his usual laugh, "Now Zhantang, another round for me and a pint of your strongest brew for this man right here." He gestured toward Orin.

The bartender laughed as well and took the mug Mangix was just drinking from. "Glad to see you haven't lost any of you love for booze. Alright, comin' right up!" he said as he went off to a shelf where several barrels were located then came back moments later with two full mugs, handing one to Mangix and the other to Orin.

Kurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Ariel sneaked away from Orin and the others who were entering the bar, unseen by any of them. Her silent footsteps whisked her away and carried her further into the city. There was something else that she wanted. Her supply of herbs and salves was minimal, which was not a very good thing. No, a Ranger must always be prepared to face nature at it's worst. Even if the season didn't call for it.

Ariel went around at a leisurely pace, going into a medicine store and buying a supply of herbs and other remedies. Ariel also saw a collection of lock picks. She normally didn't have a reason to use these, but if the time called for it, it would be helpful to have them around. Ariel quickly exchanged some gold for the items she wanted and left the store, feeling satisfied.

Ariel buys 2 Ointments, 3 Snakebites, and 2 Lockpicks. 250 Gold spent.

Ariel did a quick 360, just to see if anyone was following her. It was beginning to grow dark and the criminals would be coming out shortly. Ariel had one too many run-ins with night thieves in other countries, but she didn't know how they operated in this country. They were all mostly the same, but it was much safer not to assume anything. Out of the corner of her eye, Ariel saw a strange man sitting out in the open.

When she approached the man out of curiosity, he greeted her kindly with a nod of his head. Intrigued, Ariel took a step closer and grinned. "Good evening to you, sir," she said formally, for the man was much older than she was. "Might I ask what you are doing?"

"Observing the sunset, Miss Ranger," the man replied. "Also, this is my shop, of sorts. I provide a service to those such as yourself." Ariel was surprised, she didn't expect the man to know what she was. Not only that, he seemed to know more than Ariel wanted others to know about her. Could this man really be so observant to notice such things? It wouldn't be the first time someone discovered her secret.

"You have me interested," Ariel said. "What kind of service?"

"Well, for instance, I can turn those arrows of yours into something much more deadly," the man explained, "if you give me a small amount of gold and two Snakebite herbs and your arrows, I can do it."

Without a word, Ariel handed over the demanded items to the man, who immediately began working on them with the same silence. Ariel didn't worry about her arrows. If they were ruined, she was carrying a good supply of ash wood in her pack, which she could turn into arrows fairly easily. She always carried spare arrowheads, and feathers were easy to come by.

It didn't take long for Ariel to regain her arrows though, and they were a sickly green color. Ariel touched them and felt her skin tingle. These were poisoned arrows. How interesting...and useful. Ariel grinned broadly at the man, who smiled back and nodded his head. No more words were needed, Ariel understood. She placed her arrows back into her quiver and left for the inn.

Ariel buys Poisoned Arrow from the Medicine Man! 50 Gold spent.

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Orin took the mug handily from the barkeeper, uttering his thanks with a trace of a grin on his face. Taking a seat, he let out a long sigh. Placing the mug to his lips, he took a nice long swallow...and slammed his fist against the table. His eyes were closed tightly and he nearly spewed the stuff back out, but he kept the liquid in his mouth and forced himself to swallow it all down. When his mouth was empty, he let out another sigh of content. "Yeah, that's pretty strong..." he managed to say, taking another swig albeit he was able to conduct himself much easier now. His gaze turned to Mangix.

"So what's this stuff about traveling together now? Are we like some official group now or something?" he posed the question in a mock serious tone. It wasn't like he had anything better to do. He was practically a vagabond, wandering the land while trying to discover new magic. Not to mention it apparently wasn't safe to travel alone anymore. True be it that the bandits were rather lackluster, but alone, he probably couldn't take all of them on alone. He was grateful that Mangix and the others could handle themselves so well. "Because you know, I guess I wouldn't have any problems with that," he added, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. Most of his time would be spent with his nose in a book anyway. It would be as if he weren't there...except for the myriad fireballs being shot out in every direction, hungry to scorch whatever criminals or foul beasts that crossed their path.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Gladdos was about to answer Mangix's question when Orin appeared, demanding his drink. Gladdos smiled and followed Mangix to the bartender.

-Zhartang, uh? Hit me two shots of rum with sake.

He finished the sake he was drinking before in one only sip. Then looked at Orin.

-If I'm going to pay you, I'll do it with the beverage of my land, or the closest thing I could find here. Cheers!

The Dream teller waited for Orin before drinking what he just ordered.

Travelling together, uh? Might not be sucha bad idea. He didn't know anyone else in that world, and he still had to stick around a little longer.

-Apparently, that's the idea. Sounds good to me, I still have a few more things to see in this world, and company is always good.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Mangix put down his mug, now once again empty, and glanced between the two magic users. Maybe it was only him that felt it, it might have had something to do with his primal instinct as an animal. Mangix's expression turned serious. Ever since the bandit attack and the encounter with the woman and that ninja Mangix has had this bad feeling, like something big was going to happen. He couldn't understand what it might be, since this was more or less only a gut feeling, but Mangix was strangely trusting of his gut. As an animal his instinct more often than not proved itself to be correct. Being a group would likely been a benefit, as the saying went "He who walks alone walks peacefully. But he who walks with others walk safely."

"After what happened on the road today I've been getting this strangely ominous feeling. It feels like something will be ahead of all of us in the not so distant future, and it's not pretty. So I think it would be much safer if we traveled as a group." Mangix explained to the two men, but then his expression returned to his usual one as he lightly tapped the mug on the counter, "Another round Zhantang."

The man, Zhantang, came quickly and pocked up the mug. When he returned with the mug refilled he was also carrying in his hands something wrapped in a large linen cloth. He placed the mug in front of Mangix then approached the two magic users, setting whatever it was in between them.

"I was asked by the weapons merchant to hand this to a man named Orin. I'm assuming that's one of you two since I know the names of everyone else here." Zhantang said, as he unwrapped the linen cloth, revealing a well-made black silk tailcoat, "The guy said he was supposed to get some clothes for ya. And since he thought you fit the image if a western scholar this would be fitting."

Kurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:57 am

Orin listened to Mangix explain his feelings of dread. So, something ominous awaited them in the future, was it? Mangix had a load of experience under his belt thanks to his travels. If he had this powerful of a feeling, then there just might be something nasty awaiting them on the road ahead. If that was the case, then there really wasn't any question about it. Until he could master the true heart of magic, Orin had to be wise with his decisions. Forcing his own feelings on the matter aside, he reminded himself that he wasn't in bad company. Though he hoped the vampire wasn't coming along. That would be pushing it. "All right. If that's the way things are, I'm going to take your word for it. I'm usually a man of rationale, but I've read enough books to know that instinctual feelings should not be ignored," he explained, tossing the mocking nature out of his voice and replacing it with a solidly serious tone.

Orin's gaze turned to Zhantang who came back to fill up Mangix's mug, but it seemed he had something else with him as well. Orin polished off his mug of strong ale before looking it over for a second time. "It's definitely not my style," he stated flatly, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, then reached for the sake Gladdos had offered him. "But if it keeps me covered in battle more than what I've got on, I'll take it gladly. I'll be sure to give my regards to the weapon shop owner and the one who tailored this...well, elegant coat. And thank you as well, Zhantang. I had nearly forgotten about it." With that, he took the coat and placed it on his lap. He'd change into it tomorrow. Instead, he decided to down some of the sake. It was easier to handle than whatever Mangix had treated him to. It was actually better tasting too.

Orin looked at Gladdos. "So fortune teller, what do your cards have to say about our future, eh? Surely they must be able to confirm this imminent danger that's waiting for us right?" he inquired lightheartedly with a slight grin. He still trusted Mangix; his decision had been set in stone. But it would still be interesting to see what Gladdos could predict on the matter.

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:28 am

The drink went down burning Gladdos' throat. He was immersed in thoughts again. An ominous feeling? Maybe...

-Well, it's complicated. Back on the road, I drew Atropos. He represents...how may I put it. He is the hunter in the night, the creeping danger, the fear that lays on the next curve. As his name implies, he can't be avoided, only confronted. At the time, I thought it referred to Heather, or to the bandit chief, but if Mangix is having this feeling, maybe the card was warning of this imminet danger...

The Dream Teller was starting to feel dizzy, and the way he spoke confirmed it. The alcohol was starting to take it's toll. Gladdos liked drinking, but couldn't take his alcohol very well. Bad combination.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Heather slinked into the inn, slipping towards the back of the building. She could not explain why she was sticking around the group. She cared not for any of the travelers. Yet there she was, standing in the inn, inching towards the bar with a displeased look glued to her face. Perhaps it was the fact that they allowed her to feed and did not care how... savage it was. She mentally shrugged, she had never run into this situation in the past; she had nothing to draw an answer from.

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Mangix nodded, rather glad that they had agreed to his suggestions of traveling together. It made him feel more secure about the road ahead, knowing that he had companions now. "Ah good. Then a toast to our travels ahead!" He took another drink, his third one already, and finished it in one big gulp before tapping it on the counter again.

When Zhantang returned after refilling Mangix's mug he noticed Gladdos appearing a bit tipsy. He let out a hearty laugh, "What's wrong? Too much for ya? Ha, kids these days, can't hold their liquor. Back in my day I could down five of these easy!" He said, proudly patting his chest.

Kurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:33 am

Gladdos let a silly smile at the panda.

-Well, I don't have the body mass to take all of this, unlike thy holy furness over there. I have to keep my body nice and beautiful, excuse me.

He tried to strike a handsome pose, with questionable results. In the end, it ended up being comic, what the Dream Teller accepted as a reasonable outcome. His actor self laughed at himself, and he shook his head. In the midde of the movement, Gladdos caught a glimpse of the vampire girl. So she wasn't gone.

-Oh, look who is here. I'm glad you decided to join us, beautiful. Tell me, vampires in my land can drink alcohol with no problem, as long as they mix it with some blood. What about you guys here?

The Dream Teller was obviously too drunk to realise Heather wouldn't be confortable with that approach. He was, however, sober enough to say the last part as a whisper to her ear.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top