Dragon's Nest

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Ariel moves to E-3

Ariel jumped away from the battle, not willing to take any more hits until she solved the problem of her bleeding. She wasted no more time in taking out her first-aid kit and bandaging up her wound. It took but a few moments for the bleeding to stop, and then she could focus more on the battle. She didn't want to needlessly die from blood loss, even if the mission did succeed. This wasn't a suicide mission, and Ariel didn't want to make it out to be one.

Orin went down. Ariel couldn't do much about that, she was much too far away. She tried to provoke the bandit, but he didn't seem to care. He just went for the weakest one, the one he knew would go down. Ariel had a problem with that. She was not happy, and someone was going to pay for it.

Ariel uses her First Aid Kit! Cures self of Blood Loss! -8 MP.

MP: 17/25

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Xenosaga on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:26 pm

This was not happening. There was no way this was happening. With mouth agape, Xeno could only stare as as Orin fell before the raging onslaught of the bandit. She couldn't believe her eyes.

"Oh my god," the words were more breathed than said, her grip on her new book loosening. It slipped from her grasp, hitting the ground spine-first with a thud but she didn't hear it. "Oh my god, Orin." God, what was she supposed to do? Was there anything she could do? She was so useless!

Tears had slipped forth from her eyes now and she could barely breathe. Then there was movement and Xeno's gaze changed from disbelief to confusion as a white raven alighted upon Orin's body. Listlessly, she turned her head to see where it had come from. She almost missed it but she was just in time to see Gladdos tuck a card in his pouch and like a bolt of lightning, she knew the moment Orin moved.

Relief flooded her being, washing in like a waterfall, and Xeno sniffled.

[Xenosaga] moves to [G-9].

"Orin?" the brunette whispered weakly as she walked over to the mage's side. He was still hurt but it seemed he had healed himself with some sort of ointment. Xeno clasped her hands, eyebrows furrowed, trying to figure out what she could do, what she could say. "Are you okay?"

Why was she so useless?

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 23
Location : Displaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Liyue takes 13 damage (Heather; Crit)
HP: -3/25

Liyue K.O.

Zhangliang's R-Ability activates.
ATK: 10
DEF: 8
SPR: 7

Zhangliang takes 1 damage (Xeno)
HP: 18/35

Zhangliang evades Wet (Xeno)

Orin is revived (Gladdos)
HP: 4/20

Orin restores 10 HP (Ointment 1/2)
HP: 14/20

Ariel is cured of Blood Loss (Ariel)

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) (A) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (W) (M) ( ) ( ) F
( ) (G) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (O) (X) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (Z) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Mangix is no longer Dazed

Heather is Paralyzed for 2 more turns

Enemy Phase

Zhangliang moves to cell G-4

Zhangliang uses Audacious Charge on Orin
MP: 10/35

Zhangliang is moved to cell G-7

Orin collides with Xeno

Orin takes 2 damage
HP: 12/20

Orin is Dazed

Xeno takes 2 damage
HP: 8/15

He hadn't been taken out. Between his lackeys locking down two of them and the others helping their fallen ally recover, he was not bombarded with painful magic like he thought he would have. The rather surprised bandit leader positioned himself in front of the man who had just gotten back onto his feet and charged at him, slamming his body into the one of the female behind him. "Not dead, are you? Well I'll just have to knock you down again!"

Zhangliang is taking Water damage for 1 more turn

---------------------------------

Weibuo uses Cheap Shot on Mangix
MP: 3/25

Mangix takes 2 damage
HP: 33/40

Mangix is Dazed

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) (A) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (W) (M) ( ) ( ) F
( ) (G) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (Z) (O) (X) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Mangix (Wandering Panda) [Dazed (1)]

HP: 33/40
MP: 15/30
ATK: 10
DEF: 8
INT: 0
SPR: 6
Crit: 3%
Evd: 5%
Movement: 3

Ariel (Ranger)

HP: 21/35
MP: 17/25
ATK: 11
DEF: 7
INT: 1
SPR: 5
Crit: 4%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 4

Orin (Researcher) [Dazed (1)]

HP: 12/20
MP: 16/40
ATK: 0
DEF: 6
INT: 11
SPR: 7
Crit: 5%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Gladdos (Dream Teller)

HP: 18/20
MP: 17/47
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 12
SPR: 7
Crit: 4%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Heather (Vampire) [Paralyzed (2)]

HP: 24/30
MP: 13/25
ATK: 11
DEF: 7
INT: 1
SPR: 7
Crit: 6%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3 -> 2

Xenosaga (Not Even A Novice)

HP: 8/15
MP: 17/25
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 6
SPR: 4
Crit: 2%
Evd: 7%
Movement: 2

Zhangliang (Bandit Lord) [Weak: Fire; Pluvia (1)]

HP: 18/50
MP: 10/35
ATK: 9 -> 10
DEF: 7 -> 8
INT: 4
SPR: 6 -> 7
Crit: 9%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3

Weibuo (Brigand) [Warcry]

HP: 22/40
MP: 3/25
ATK: 8
DEF: 5
INT: 2
SPR: 5
Crit: 7%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3 -> 4

Liyue (Sparkmage) [K.O.]

Player Phase

Mangix is Dazed

Just as he caught his breath and came to a standing position the wandering brewer felt another punch to his side. This one having the same effects as the last one, made Mangix cough for a moment and he knelt down, using the wooden staff to yet again support his weight. Twice in a row now, he was getting quite unlucky today.

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Heather *Paralyzed (2)*
Hp: 24/30
Mp: 13/25
Atk: 11
Def: 7
Int: 1
Spr: 7
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 Cells


Heather moves to D7!

Heather forced her stiff limbs to carry her into range once again. She had killed off the mage and now it was time to deal with the other underling. Once again, several dozen needles flew in the direction of the bandits, hopefully hitting them. If it did they would be that much closer to death. And then she would drain them all.

Heather attacks Weibou! 11 Atk Damage!

Heather *Paralyzed (1)*
Hp: 24/30
Mp: 13/25
Atk: 11
Def: 7
Int: 1
Spr: 7
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 Cells

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 pm

Ariel looked up from her bandage and mentally cursed. She knew she did the right thing in protecting herself from blood loss, but the fact remained that she allowed the enemy another chance to attack. Ariel glanced over where the mage, Gladdos was. He had brought Orin back from the cusp of death. That gave him plenty of brownie points in her book. Ariel would have to say something to him later. Perhaps a word of thanks? For now though...

"Gladdos, I don't know what else you have up your sleeve, but a way to end this battle quicker would be nice to see," Ariel said over her shoulder, glancing only slightly in his direction. She herself moved forward as far as she could and picked up her bow, already cocking an arrow to the string and aiming it at the bandit lord.

She fired.

Ariel moves to G-5

Ariel attacks Zhangliang! 11 Atk DMG! Chance of Poison!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm

The Dream Teller looked at his pouch. A way to end this quickly...no. No, definitely no, the situation was not THAT dire yet. It probably would not end the fight, and a complex attack card would be nearly as effective in this situation.

-A solution coming right away. If we are lucky, of course.

Gladdos threw his hand forward and summoned the age-old circle.

-Project Stage!

His card came flying from the pouch and landed on the circle. The well known fiery woman. He repeated the oh-so-overdone process, spinning the card upside-down when it was just about to cast, painting the circle red.

-Eyes of cold death, scourge of the north. Under a path of frozen roses. Cross, Bear, Hound. Seventy solid men in a crystal prison. Eternal solitude. Fourth Seal broken, Stage Complete. Maiden of Winter. The Frozen Spirit: I command thee!

But instead of fire, a surge of freezing winds and ice fragments flew from the card, in the rough shape of a great serpent. But the serpent did not fly to an enemy, instead she went to the ground, exploding and showering razor-sharp crystals and freezing cold air at the nearby bandits.

Gladdos spins Deck of The Earth: The Salamander!

Gladdos uses Deck of The Earth: The Frozen Spirit on cell G6!

The spell splashes on Zhangliang and Weibuo! 14 Ice Dmg(Int) on each! Chance to Freeze on each!

MP: 9/47

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 pm

Orin receives more healing from Ointment! [+10 HP Recovered]

HP: 20/20

Orin waits.

Though the researcher's speech and resolve were firm enough, his body just wasn't, especially after having been recovered from near death. As he was struck once more, his form sent stumbling back right into Xeno, knocking her down by accident. He groaned and quickly clutched his head, trying to stand, his legs wobbly. There was no telling how Xeno took that, but he severely hoped that she was all right. "I'm...s-sorry about that," Orin murmured, rubbing his head. He wanted to help the girl up, but his mind was so dizzy and he felt light-headed. He couldn't concentrate, not even long enough to cast a spell or slash with his magic blade...or even run away.

However, even if Orin could escape, he would much rather hold his ground defiantly as he aimed to clear his head. He glared at the bandit in front of him, crossing his arms. The ointment was kicking in at full power now such that his wounds barely hurt at all. They would probably leave marks, but he didn't care. Besides, his aching head and disoriented senses, he was perfectly fine. "You've already wasted all you had," Orin taunted confidently, smirking. "You're nothing now. Face it." He spoke it as if it were undeniable truth making it sting that much more. No longer was he so worried for his well-being. He was more worried for the girl behind him. I'm not going to let the past repeat itself... he thought solemnly to himself, ignoring the implications because they were ridiculous at this point in time. Essentially, he deigned for no more innocent life to be lost. He would work to whatever ends to see that so.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Xenosaga on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Though she did not exclaim from the pain, Xeno did wince. She attempted to keep her moving to a minimum so not to jar any of Orin's injuries but really, the man was heavy. Or maybe she was just weak. It wasn't as if she was used to carrying around one hundred plus pounds of flesh. When he got off of her, she followed him onto her feet.

"I guess moving would be a good idea," Xeno said weakly, faking a smile as she rubbed her sore stomach. As much as she would have liked to help, she had only messed things up. Maybe once she figured out how to use the new book she got then she could join the rest in battle.

And now that she thought about it, she realized the book was no longer with her. Looking back, Xeno found it lying on the ground where she had dropped it moments ago. She winced. She really needed to start taking better care of her things, especially since this one was important.

[Xenosaga] moves to [I-9].

Xenosaga
Never Awaken
Never Awaken

Posts : 8307
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 23
Location : Displaced

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Heather is Paralyzed, her attack fails

Zhangliang takes 3 damage (Ariel)
HP: 15/50

Zhangliang takes 7 damage (Gladdos)
HP: 8/50

Zhangliang evades Freeze (Gladdos)

Weibuo takes 9 damage (Gladdos)
HP: 13/40

Weibuo is Frozen (Gladdos)

Zhangliang takes 1 damage (Xeno)
HP: 7/35

Zhangliang evades Wet (Xeno)

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (W) (M) ( ) ( ) F
( ) (G) ( ) ( ) (A) ( ) (Z) (O) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (X) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Mangix is no longer Dazed

Orin is no longer Dazed

Heather is Paralyzed for 1 more turn

Enemy Phase

Zhangliang attacks Orin

Orin takes 4 damage
HP: 16/20

Zhangliang is no longer taking Water damage

---------------------------------

Weibuo is Frozen

Weibuo is Frozen for 2 more turns

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (W) (M) ( ) ( ) F
( ) (G) ( ) ( ) (A) ( ) (Z) (O) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (X) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Spoiler:
Mangix (Wandering Panda)

HP: 33/40
MP: 15/30
ATK: 10
DEF: 8
INT: 0
SPR: 6
Crit: 3%
Evd: 5%
Movement: 3

Ariel (Ranger)

HP: 21/35
MP: 17/25
ATK: 11
DEF: 7
INT: 1
SPR: 5
Crit: 4%
Evd: 4%
Movement: 4

Orin (Researcher)

HP: 16/20
MP: 16/40
ATK: 0
DEF: 6
INT: 11
SPR: 7
Crit: 5%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Gladdos (Dream Teller)

HP: 18/20
MP: 17/47
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 12
SPR: 7
Crit: 4%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 2

Heather (Vampire) [Paralyzed (1)]

HP: 24/30
MP: 13/25
ATK: 11
DEF: 7
INT: 1
SPR: 7
Crit: 6%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3 -> 2

Xenosaga (Not Even A Novice)

HP: 8/15
MP: 17/25
ATK: 2
DEF: 5
INT: 6
SPR: 4
Crit: 2%
Evd: 7%
Movement: 2

Zhangliang (Bandit Lord) [Weak: Fire]

HP: 10/50
MP: 10/35
ATK: 9 -> 10
DEF: 7 -> 8
INT: 4
SPR: 6 -> 7
Crit: 9%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3

Weibuo (Brigand) [Warcry; Frozen (2)]

HP: 13/40
MP: 3/25
ATK: 8
DEF: 5
INT: 2
SPR: 5
Crit: 7%
Evd: 3%
Movement: 3 -> 4

Liyue (Sparkmage) [K.O.]

Player Phase

Mangix attacks Weibuo. 10 ATK Dmg

For once he was able to move without being constantly sucker punched by this bandit. Of course that was only because he was encased in a thin layer of ice, but now that he could actually do something, Mangix took his wooden staff and smacked the bandit in the face, knocking down the ice-encrusted figure.

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Heather *Paralyzed (1)*
Hp: 24/30
Mp: 13/25
Atk: 11
Def: 7
Int: 1
Spr: 7
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 Cells


Heather hissed as a sudden unintended jerk in her arm caused the needles she had thrown to fly in the opposite direction of her mark. Unable to change the past, the vampire reached into her pouch once again. She pulled loose several needles and once again attempted to chuck them at the frozen bandit.

Heather attacks Weibou! 11 Atk damage! Damage is boosted by Frozen!

Heather
Hp: 24/30
Mp: 13/25
Atk: 11
Def: 7
Int: 1
Spr: 7
Crit: 6%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 Cells

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:10 pm

One bandit was frozen, there was no point in focusing on him while there was a leader free to cause confusion.

The Dream Teller cast his circle and drew his card.

-Bestial wrath, the red hot fury of the scarlet world. One thousand burnt under thy eyes, fear, anger and might. Emperor of the Lost Seas. Seven times seven, the Seal of the South Tower is Broken, Stage Complete. Guardian of the South Gate, The Salamander: I plead!

A slithering flame snake came out of the card and glided across the air to the Bandit Lord, engulfing him in flames.

Gladdos moves to G4.

Gladdos uses Deck of The Earth: The Salamander on Zhangliang! 14 Fire Dmg(Int)! Chance of Burn!

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Orin casts Fireball on Zhangliang! 11 Fire Dmg! (INT)

MP: 12/40

The doomed bandit's attack didn't faze Orin in the slightest. A firm, weary smirk had formed on the researcher's face and he didn't budge. He didn't even try to dodge. He just took the hit and bled, but that was something he was used to. It didn't matter. "So in the end, he had no words." He raised a single hand such that the palm faced the bandit almost as if it were an offering of peace, but the mana around the two of them had become unsettled greatly, and saturated for that manner. It was almost palpable. It swirled invisibly in the air forming an unseen sphere. "This is the fate of the weak and the reckless. Accept it." A horrid pressure fell upon Orin and the bandit and anything nearby, but Orin didn't seem affected by it. "The wicked flames flash and burn. No heresy can live aside from their own." A pause.

"Fireball."

Flames sparked to life and danced through the air like serpents, and the sphere instantly burst in a mighty conflagration, though still small in size. The rest of the mana was untamed; he couldn't control it, but he could feel the mana almost cheering him on. Releasing his hold on the blazing sphere, he watched as it soared through the air, hopefully crashing right into the bandit's face. The scorched visage would be a symbol of victory in Orin's eyes. It always would be.

Orin waits.



_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Ariel drew her bow again, taking aim at the bandit lord, but stopped herself. Orin was just finishing up an attack on the guy, she should at least let him have the kill, seeing as Gladdos did his job quite nicely, weakening the bandit lord and his accomplice. Ariel changed targets, aiming at the frozen bandit, who could move. The vampire-creature was attempting to attack, but she seemed to have trouble fighting at the moment. Some sort of debuff? Whatever, Ariel didn't give two shits about it.

Ariel drew back an arrow and let it fly, the wooden arrow piercing through the ice and skin and flesh. Ariel tossed her hair back out of her face, revealing the mark on her neck to Gladdos, who was still behind her, only briefly.

Ariel attacks Weibou! 11 Atk DMG! Chance of Poison!

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Weibuo takes 8 damage (Mangix)
HP: 5/40

Heather is Paralyzed, her attack fails

Zhangliang takes 14 damage (Gladdos)
HP: -4/50

Weibuo takes 9 damage (Ariel)
HP: -4/40

( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) A
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) B
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) C
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (H) ( ) ( ) D
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) E
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (M) ( ) ( ) F
( ) ( ) (G) ( ) (A) ( ) ( ) (O) ( ) G
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) H
( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (X) I
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9


Victory!

Party loots 60 Gold, Linen Piece x1 and Flint x2

EXP:
Bandit Lord K.O.: +5
Brigand K.O.: +4
Sparkmage K.O.: +4
Battle Completed in less than 10 turns: +1
----------------------
Total: 14

Mangix
EXP: 10/16 -> 24/16
Level up!
Gained 3 Stat Points and 1 Skill Point
EXP: 8/16

Ariel
EXP: 10/16 -> 24/16
Level up!
Gained 3 Stat Points and 1 Skill Point
EXP: 8/16

Orin
EXP: 10/16 -> 24/16
Level up!
Gained 3 Stat Points and 1 Skill Point
EXP: 8/16

Gladdos
EXP: 6/16 -> 20/16
Level up!
Gained 3 Stat Points and 1 Skill Point
EXP: 4/16

Heather
EXP: 10/16 -> 24/16
Level up!
Gained 3 Stat Points and 1 Skill Point
EXP: 8/16

Xeno
EXP: 0/10 -> 14/10
Level up!
Gained 3 Stat Points and 1 Skill Point
EXP: 4/10

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Heather hissed yet again, the very sound bloodcurdling, as a shock caused her to jerk yet again. But it seemed her attack was unneeded. Nevertheless, fought the last bit of stiffness running through her and dashed around the battlefield picking up corpse after corpse. She didn't even bother to stay long enough to let anyone else comment, she just disappeared a little further into the woods. The second she was out of sight, she targeted the mage's body first, digging in with her fangs and beginning her mass feast.

Before the party could decide to just leave the undead bitch behind though, the sound of determined footsteps came from behind. They grew closer and closer until a young woman with long red-brown hair tied into a tight ponytail approached. She scanned the area very briefly before coming to a sudden halt on Mangix. The somewhat bitter visage she had been wearing as she approached quickly transformed into a smile; her dark brown eyes sparkled. "Mangix! Didn't expect to see you out here!" the woman greeted, approaching the panda and punching him lightly on the arm. "How've you been? Got any new brews for me to try?"

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:53 pm

When he identified who the figure approaching him was a smile formed on Mangix's face, though it was mostly covered by the large bamboo hat he wore. "Haha, and I didn't expect to see you either." Mangix responded to the female's greeting, "I've been the same as always, just traveling and drinking." As he spoke the panda took a drink from his gourd and set down his keg on the ground. Then he turned to the group, thinking that he should probably introduce them now. "And these people are companions I'm traveling with. Though one of them isn't here-" the panda paused, as if a sudden realization has dawned on him before starting to chuckle to himself. "Hahaha. You're sharp as always Marceline." Mangix said, now knowing exactly why his friend was all the way out here in the Qingling Mountains.

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:03 pm

Marceline's pleasant expression faded after Mangix finished speaking, replacing itself with somewhat bitter affirmation. "Been after this one for awhile now." the slayer confirmed, looking around and changing her stance to a more defensive posture. She looked at each of the people in the group, ultimately finding no lingering vampiric aura on them. Good. They weren't some crazy necrophiliac feeding the monstrosity. "It's traveling with you?" she inquired with great disbelief, turning in the direction of a faint trail–the exact one Heather had taken. Marceline shook her head, chuckling slightly, returning her gaze to Mangix. "Is it stupid? Or did you just give it something to drink?"

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Kurio on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 pm

Mangix had to think how to answer that question. Indeed, why did the vampire decide to accompany them? From what he's noticed none of the others enjoyed her presence. Some of them even seemed like they wanted her gone as soon as possible. Mangix didn't mind as much but still having her around was a bit unnerving. And it was odd, now that Marceline mentioned it, that she just decided to come and stick around after that first encounter. Mangix would have thought she'd leave after they returned the stolen goods to the merchants and the vampire girl had her fill. "I'm not quite sure why. She just appeared out of nowhere and decided to follow us." Mangix explained to Marceline, "It might be because we've been getting into a lot of fights recently, and she saw it as a source of food."

Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Posts : 8939
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 21
Location : I dunno 3:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:01 pm

"Pfft. Figures. Typical bloodjunkie." Marceline muttered, returning her attention to the trail. No sign of it yet, perhaps she should go find it? Nah. Here the others could help intervene if something went wrong. Not that it would, she was chosen to be the Slayer for a reason. "It's probably not even hungry." she thought with a grimace. Bloody things always loved to just gorge themselves. It didn't matter if they needed to feed, it didn't matter if anyone caught them usually. They sucked the life out of whatever they damn well pleased for the rush–the pleasure. It sickened her. "You guys won't have to worry about her much longer."

And what she said was true, Heather wouldn't bother the party much longer, for at that exact moment, said vampiress trudged back to the party. If her normal presence wasn't terrible, the fact that she was absolutely covered in the bandits' blood made it so. But she wasn't bothered by this fact, she walked towards them as if nothing was wrong. . . until she noticed Marceline. "Found another one," Heather asked darkly, "and decided to save it for me?" Her gaze fell Orin specifically. "How kind."

"Sorry." Heather's gaze flew back to the Slayer. "You're mistaken."

"Excuse me?"

Marceline took several steps towards the vampire, right hand carefully poised on her hip. "I'm not some blood bag for you to leech off of, and neither are any of these people." Heather's visage became intensely hostile and she hissed, her muscles tensing in preparation for attack. "In fact, I hope you enjoyed those bandits," Marceline finished closing the gap between them, hand tightening around something on her hip, "cause they're your last victims!"

She pulled a stake from her hip, flying towards the vampire with surprising dexterity. Heather, however, was swift in drawing away from the woman, pulling several needles from her pouch and tossing them at Marceline. The Slayer blocked knocked them aside with her weapon, charging the vampiress once again, only to have the latter take off yet again. Marceline gave haste "What's the matter? Can't handle lil' old me?" Heather just hissed in response, changing her course split second to rush the Slayer head-on. The two collided almost immediately, Marceline knocked over by the vampiress.

"Oh, I can handle you." Heather growled, pulling her head back and baring her fangs. Marceline reacted quickly, shifting her lower body weight backwards before using all of her strength to force to the off of her. Heather flew backwards and Marceline pulled herself to her feet blowing some hair that had become lose during the struggle out of her face. Her gaze turned for a split second to Mangix and the others.

"Don't bother, I've got her." Marceline reassured harshly, charging the vampire once again. She was unable to gain any noticeable headway, for the monster disappeared from sight immediately. Marceline came to a halt immediately. "Nice parlor trick." Marceline huffed tensely, head snapping around at the slightest movement. The Slayer suddenly turned on her heel, reaching out into the air and taking hold of seemingly nothing. Blood started to spill out from the air–Marceline's arm cut deeply, some of the blood filling the air before disappearing.

Marceline growled, throwing her weapon arm in the direction of the vanishing blood. The stake collided with the vampiress, breaking her spell and revealing a paralyzed Heather. "Chimera poison, fast acting. Even your body can't resist it." Marceline explained, grabbing the frozen body and knocking it to the floor. The Slayer reached into a pouch at her side, pulling out a white dagger shrouded in a strange aura. "This one's different from most–has powerful magicks protecting her. Wouldn't be able to get rid of her even if you cut her into a million pieces and burned them. Thankfully, I've got just the thing..." she continued, though this time her comment was meant for her audience. She crouched over the vampire, taking the dagger in her better hand and aiming it down at where a human's heart would be. For the first time ever, Heather's crimson eyes filled with absolute fear.

"Goodbye."

Marceline thrust the blade into Heather, who was barely able to scream before the aura around the dagger surrounded her frame. All color drained from Heather's entire body, leaving her a gray corpse. Marceline stood, leaving the dagger planted in the vampire's chest. She immediately set about wrapping her wound, "So long as that dagger stays in'er, she won't be going anywhere." She finished bandaging her wound, reaching back into her pouch and pulling back out small piece of violet-colored metal. She tossed it on the body, watching it disappear into the discolored skin before the whole body faded away into nothingness. Marceline nodded. "That'll do it."

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Masquerade on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:24 pm

Orin wasn't exactly sure about what just took place because it happened a little too fast for his liking. After loosing his final fireball, he had plopped himself right on the ground, holding his book in his lap, closed of course. The researcher didn't exactly have it in him to do some nonchalant reading. He noticed a woman had approached--an acquaintance of Mangix's apparently. They seemed to be chatting about Heather who had definitely gone missing and there was something unsettling in the air. Groaning, he managed to stand, and was about to move forward to introduce himself when the vampire reappeared on the scene. She directed a comment towards him which made him want to loose another tirade of fireballs, but he didn't have it in him at the moment. Besides, Mangix's friend...this Marceline...seemed pretty intent on diving right into battle. Did Heather and Marceline have a history? Orin didn't really have time to think about it as a fight broke out. For a bit, it seemed that the vampire might have the upper hand, but in due time, Marceline was able to debilitate and eliminate the pesky Heather.

"Good riddance." In light of the battle with the bandits and the ominous message Death had left for him to dwell upon, Orin was genuinely happy. Heather was a pain in the ass who needed to get on somewhere, and when she wouldn't go voluntarily, she was taken out. He didn't really know who in the world this Marceline was, but she was definitely instantly on his good side. Standing up, Orin brushed himself off and approached her and Mangix. "Intriguing show. You don't know how much you've just made my day," Orin stated lightly, a calm smile on his weary face. "The name's Orin. Orin Alstere. A pleasure to make your acquaintance." He extended his hand to the woman for a shake.

_________________


*Thanks to Mayari for the wonderful avatar/signature combo

WhippedCreame wrote:oh god yes eat my spaghetti confetti

Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Posts : 16321
Join date : 2009-10-28
Age : 24
Location : Home or work. Or some post-apocalyptic dream.

View user profile http://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:30 pm

Marceline took Orin's hand, shaking it firmly. "Anything to get rid of demons like her. Pleasure to meet you Orin." she greeted the tired-looking mage with a smile. It was certainly nice to meet someone who agreed with her, not that many didn't. What she really admired, though, was his indifference with her method. Some of the people she had met were unlike him and Mangix. She didn't understand those people. What the hell did the term 'Slayer' mean to them? Did they expect her to catch monsters and put them in a pen somewhere where they could roam safely? Ignorance like that was not something she dealt with kindly; she was certain Orin and Mangix's allies were the same way.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:33 pm

One moment the battle was won and they could rest. The other, some crazy girl was running around the area clashing with Heather. Gladdos' first impulse was to defend the vampire, but he could not forget his instructions. He was a wanderer. He should pass by and never leave a mark he is not suposed too. Leave all to fate. He took his cards and shuffled them quickly and calmly, while the nemesis fought. He drew Atropos, as he had expected, and them drew it`s fate. The Grim Reaper.

Yes, there was no helping it. He watched blankly as the vampire was defeated and killed. Why hadnt the Reaper presented itself earlier? He wasn't sure. Maybe her fate was not all decided. He looked at the remains vanishing and then gazed at the Slayer.

-Pitty, really. She was a very interesting individual. Too bad the world wanted her. On a second thought, though, you should know a lot about her species, right?

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Silver on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Marceline turned her attention to the man that spoke to her, nodding in response to his question. "That I do, nasty creatures, really." she answered, grimacing at the thought of the vampire. "Their race started back when a prince by the name of Edward fell in love with a witch. I've never read the texts extensively, but he was made into the first vampire. He's been turning people ever since, and I haven't been able to find him. Wish I could though, to kill him would mean the source is gone. No more originals for me to slay." she explained, looking just a tad distant and hopeful as she finished speaking. It was true. To rid the world of those demons would leave one species less for her to defend humankind from. She'd be one step closer to putting down her weapons. But she shook her head as that thought crossed her mind. No. She'd never be able to do that.

One could hope though.

_________________

Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Posts : 9455
Join date : 2009-11-29
Age : 20
Location : I stand at a crossroads and stare at a question.

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:35 am

Gladdos opened his eyes wide at that last part. What? He had caught a hint of something from Heather, but that was sure nonsense.

-Wait a minute, what did you say? Turned? You mean vampires are not born in this world? That, that barely makes any sense, though it explains that "I came form Edge" thing. Tell me more about it. This place just gets more and more interesting.

Excitement could be seen all about the Dream Teller. He even forgot to introduce himself. It was always very amusing when something so different from his world turned up. The way the spheres divided their concepts, being so similar and yet so different, it was amazing.

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

Posts : 1147
Join date : 2012-05-05
Age : 24
Location : I was BORN to the stage, baby!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Zerifachias on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Ariel stretched her hands up towards the sky, rolling her shoulders and cracking her joints, releasing all the tension from her stiff muscles in her neck. When she let her arms down, someone had arrived at the scene. From the look of her, Ariel felt a sort of dominant aura. A seeker? Or a hunter? Ariel couldn't tell much a difference, but when the girl started after Heather, Ariel became interested enough to watch. If she thought she could handle a vampire by herself, then Ariel felt no inclination to help.

Vampires were always tricky characters. Ariel didn't know the proper way to kill them besides shoving a stake through their heart, but this girl, Marceline was her name? This girl seemed to hunt these things as a living. So maybe she was a vampire slayer. And if she hunted vampires, she probably hunted other things as well. The vampire bitch was quickly disposed of, and Ariel could only be relieved by that. Now she could go and retrieve her arrows from the corpses of the bandits safely.

Ariel picked up a stray arrow, one that she missed with. It was a very rare occurrence for her to miss her mark, but it happened. Her shots have been missing more frequently these days. Perhaps that was the curse of being a ranged attacker. The bow isn't the most accurate weapon in the world, but Ariel's eyes were sharp enough to make up for that. At least they used to be.

Ariel returned to the group that gathered around the newcomer, who was apparently friends with Mangix. Ariel bowed her head as soon as the girl took notice of her presence, out of respect. "My name is Ariel Seaclover. It's a pleasure," Ariel said, lifting her head and slipping the last arrow back into her quiver. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up here? Did you know the vampire was here? How did you track her?"

Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Posts : 16210
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 24
Location : Naletia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dragon's Nest

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:55 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum