Not About Gun Control

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not About Gun Control

Post by Cerani on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:02 am

I just thought you all should know that apparently we can start making our own firearms now.

Read this first.

I'm not saying it's a great thing for our own personal safety, but perhaps this could become the world's next method of mass producing. What do you think?

"We must no more ask whether the soul and body are one than ask whether the wax
       and the figure impressed on it are one."

Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not About Gun Control

Post by TheNinjaSlayer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:28 am

Looks fun! But people have already been making their own weaponry. For instance, bazookas are SUPER easy to make. All you need is an air cannon, a few screws, and a coke can.

TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 am

I meant more like how the article mentioned. A lot of weapons require skilled labor to simply make. What if we suddenly didn't need that anymore, with this?

Cerani

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNinjaSlayer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:39 am

Well, they require skilled labor because of how masterfully made and powerful-as-all-get-out store-bought weapons are. These are quite nice...but eh. It would be a fine replacement, and wouldn't require skilled labor...which would reduce gun prices.
None of that sounds like a good idea to me, though. I'm actually against gun control, but making guns TOO cheap could quickly become an issue.
Still, mass producing things that usually cost a lot and can't be used for murder sounds like an AWESOME idea!

TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 am

Yeah, I was thinking quite the same thing. Maybe we could use these for spaceships! Very Happy [/nerd]

Cerani

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheNinjaSlayer on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:49 am

Cerani wrote:Yeah, I was thinking quite the same thing. Maybe we could use these for spaceships! Very Happy [/nerd]
OR TRANSFORMERS!!

TheNinjaSlayer
Cat Napper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by crazE on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 am

I'd still like to mention the phrase "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". Guns are tools, and if abused they will become dangerous. But it isn't the gun, it's the person who's carrying it. So it's not about how we can really manufacture guns easily like this, it's who's behind the wheel.

Suggestion? Put a law on 3D printers. Create a system that will require a 3D printer license or something that'll test the psyche and maturity of the user before it can be just dished out. Safety on potential use usually benefits more than safety after actual use.

If anyone has better ideas, I sure hope someone up in the big chair gets it and they actually do something about it. At least the prevention of actually being able to customize what gun you want for free can happen. I say we take all the national guard that are along the border of Mexico shooting mexicans that are trying to escape from the cartel to actually /tackle/ the black markets and stuff.

(spoiler'd cuz it de-rails)

Spoiler:

But that brings up a new controversy. Anyone who's dug deep into the government would find out that if America truly wanted to, we could easily shut down more drug and blackmarket operations. It's honestly not that hard with some effort on the military. A statistic came out that the government is actually retrieving money from cartels and other groups, illegal money. Is this true? Opinions on another thread if people wanna discuss government conspiracies.

crazE
Tormented By Nightmares
Tormented By Nightmares

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allindur, the Lightfoot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 am

I'm not completely sure if I'm amused or worried about this possibility...

Allindur, the Lightfoot
Fleeting Dreamer
Fleeting Dreamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerani on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 am

I feel neutral. On the people with weapons, criminals already find it easy to get guns, this just makes it easier. I think this is a future we've steadily been heading towards for a long time. On the mass production part, there's good and bad sides to it. For one thing, yay cheaper things that don't cost as much money. On the other, mass producing weapons does not sound like a good thing.

Cerani

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top