Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StarCraft 2

4 posters

Go down

StarCraft 2 Empty StarCraft 2

Post by Azure Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:56 am

The best RTS/Real-Time Strategy game ever created, if not that at least one of the best. In South Korea it is more popular than the World Series and Super Bowl combined are to every other country. It is the first(and to my knowledge) the only e-sport, and is the only game that has several pro leagues, as well as a collegiate league. Even Ivy League colleges participate in the collegiate league.

Since this is an rpg-oriented forum I wouldn't expect too many people to know what SC2 is. But make no mistake, it is a high-quality game designed for even some of the worst computers ever made. Graphics-wise, setting it to Ultra settings allows it to surpass any console game's graphics quality(opinion, of course, but in nay case it's pretty darn beautiful).

It has an excellent multiplayer as well as an in-depth storyline that easily erases 30 hours of your life. The story lines for each highly unique faction are so in-depth that they cannot include them all on the disk, and must release them all as separate expansions.

If its 2-and-a-half-D predecessor is of any indication, this game will be popular for at least a decade.

At the off-chance anyone has it, I would be overjoyed to play the game with you.
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

StarCraft 2 Empty Re: StarCraft 2

Post by Cerani Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Y'know, I couldn't stop the squeal of delight that escaped me the first time I saw the advertisement for it. >.< I had a total not-me fangirl/geek moment, doesn't happen very often.

Though I have not the money to buy SC2, I have its '2 1/2-D predecessor' and Brood Wars. I'm usually pretty good at the game in single-player, but I have a feeling I would be demolished in multi.
Cerani
Cerani
Right Hand of Destruction
Right Hand of Destruction

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurio Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Windy remembers how much he used to play SC, but Windy swears that the game has something against him...Windy's favorite is Protoss, and that just happens to be the race that takes the most work and resources to build up...ara...>.>
Anyway, Windy doesn't have SC2...yet...but he shall get it soon, ara! o^o
*determined*
Kurio
Kurio
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid
Masochistic Kitty Kat Maid

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:09 am

Well, it isn't hard to get better at SC if you watch replays to see what you did wrong. Then you can just make up for it best you can in the following games.

My best faction for mid-late game is Terran, but I have no rush defense. My best anti-rush race is Protoss, but I dunno any good unit combos. And my skill level with Zerg is the same as my Terran.

Since my overall proficiency between the races is rather balanced, I usually go random for the brief advantage of anonymity. This is especially helpful if the opponent is dumb and doesn't scout. Razz

And I'm a novice at it, a medium-level Silver league player(basically one and a half steps up from being a noob, but I'm being tutored by a friend who is basically a pro/in Diamond league).
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero-Machine Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:36 pm

The creativity SC had was sucked away in SC2, and it shows in the map making limitations. I hate SC2.
Zero-Machine
Zero-Machine
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Care to elaborate on the limitations the map editor of SC2 had in comparison to SC? I don't use them, so I dunno what the differences would be.

Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero-Machine Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 pm

A player may publish up to 5 maps, 20mb limit to publication and 10mb limit per map. The player may, of course, switch out published maps, but unpublished maps MAY NOT BE HOSTED BY ANYONE...unless they then publish it. 10mb alone is a very annoying limit, because I know of some SC maps bigger than 10mb y.y
Zero-Machine
Zero-Machine
Siesta Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Azure Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:34 am

Well, that explains why there's so many sites that host sc2 maps for download. I thought there wasn't a limit. So do you make maps that have differing game play from the standard game play?

Cuz I'm getting bored of the maps Blizz gave everyone, and I just realized it when I started this post. ^ ^;;
Azure
Azure
Graced with Good Dreams
Graced with Good Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum