Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Go down

2012. Empty 2012.

Post by o5h17carey Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 am

So.

Everyone here has survived Y2K, we survived June 6th 2006, we survived Swine Flu, we survived the Large Hadron Collider, and most recently, we 'survived' (though this may be good or bad) the rapture on May 21st, 2011.

That's five end-of-the-worlds that we've survived, yay. Very Happy

So, my question for you all, is a simple one:

Do you buy into the 2012 hype?

I really don't understand what the human fixation with the end of the world is, but frankly, I'm tired of hearing about it. It seems like every year there is yet another dooms day theory about how we'll all burn or something, and I don't understand why.

There is no scientific evidence to support any of these theories. There may be one or two 'scientists' who claim to have evidence, but the rest of the world discredits them.

And to be honest, most of the 2012 'hype' is utterly absurd. I'm a big fan of the supernatural/esoteric/spiritual/all that jazz, and even some of the thoughts on 2012 make me call shenanigans.

My Uncles girlfriend told me that her favorite psychic, Sylvia Browne, said 'The aliens will reveal themselves in 2012.'

Another time I was in a bookstore with my two bestfriends, when we were looking at books based on astrology (because I have an unhealthy obsession with the zodiac sign, specifically mine.), which just so HAPPENED to be next to the 2012 section. Some old man asked us if we were going to 'educate ourselves', and we sort of laughed and said 'Naw, we think the whole 2012 thing is silly.' and he said, and I'm not joking, 'Why not educate yourselves? Would you rather be an ostrich with your head under the ground, or an eagle soaring high in the skies?'

No sir, I'd rather be a penguin so I can spend my days sledding and swimming, but we're not talking about what our preferred bird is, we're talking about 2012, and how you're crazy.

Also just to be safe, my 21st birthday is on December 12th 2012. The world is supposed to 'end' on December 21st 2012. So I'm going to spend my last week on earth, where I will be legally 21, in Las Vegas. Whoo, Vegas!
o5h17carey
o5h17carey
Sleep-Deprived Zombie
Sleep-Deprived Zombie

Back to top Go down

2012. Empty Re: 2012.

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 25, 2011 8:03 am

This whole ordeal about 2012 and "judgement day" predictions are completely wrong.

It clearly states in the bible that we don't know when the end of the world will come. .-.

That's my position on it.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by o5h17carey Wed May 25, 2011 8:08 am

But you don't understands, a long since extinct ancient civilization had a CALENDAR THAT ENDED.

You can't refuse evidence like that, Zeri.
o5h17carey
o5h17carey
Sleep-Deprived Zombie
Sleep-Deprived Zombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 25, 2011 8:14 am

...Lol.

Maybe they didn't finish it? =3
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats