Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autumn 2012 Anime

2 posters

Go down

Autumn 2012 Anime Empty Autumn 2012 Anime

Post by Durn Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Hiiiii everyone. A new season of anime started about 3-4 weeks ago, and a whole lot of the shows are actually really good. I just figured I'd put this out somewhere so you guys could maybe find a show or two you enjoy a whole lot.

I'll include a link to the opening theme since it's normally a pretty good indicator of what the series is like. At least, most of the time it is.

What I'm Watching
Btooom!:
TL;DR Summary: NEET winds up on a tropical island with a bunch of homicidal maniacs and a young highschooler with large breasts. They must kill each other with explosives. You'll probably enjoy it if you like those "Battle Royale" kind of shows.
Theme Link: No pain, No game - Nano

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!:
TL;DR Summary: Oh my god this show is so crazy it's not even funny. One minute, a high school girl is running away from her older sister, and the next, they're duking it out in a massive laser battle to the death. Contains several references to internet memes as shown here. Us internet dorks would probably like it.
Theme Link: INSIDE IDENTITY - Black Raison d'ĂȘtre

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (2012):
TL;DR Summary: The beginning of the TV adaption of the longest running adventure "epic" manga in history, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is overflowing with manliness, gentlemanliness, dramatic monologues and narration, and flaming vampires. I... greatly enjoy it.
Theme Link: Jojo: Sono Chi no Sadame - Hiroaki Tominaga (I PROMISE THIS IS THE ONLY CGI IN THE SHOW)

K:
TL;DR Summary: K is easily the prettiest and shiniest show of the entire season. The action scenes are brightly animated and fun to watch, thought the plot certainly isn't the most well-defined. It does have its funny moments, too.
Theme Link: KINGS - angela

Little Busters!:
TL;DR Summary: Supposedly a spiritual successor to Clannad that focuses more on friendship than family. I haven't read the VN so I don't really know how true it is, but I'll be watching it.
Theme Link: Little Busters! - Rita

Magi:
TL;DR Summary: A really fun show that puts an Arabian twist on a typical shounen series. I like the main characters and anyone who enjoys shounen should definitely pick this one up. Unfortunately the opening animation has been blocked from Youtube. Here's the MAL link instead.
MAL Link: Take it!

Psycho-Pass:
TL;DR Summary: Brought to you by the same sick bastard who gave us Madoka Magica about two years ago, Psycho-Pass is a sci-fi action/thriller series with an intense focus on human morality in a world heavily influenced by robots. In the first episodes a guy explodes. Uncensored. It was neat.
Theme Link abnormalize - Ling Tosite Sigure

Shinsekai yori:
TL;DR Summary: If I could describe this show in one word, it would be "intense." It capably illustrates the mystery of living in a post-apocalyptic society and the secrets it entails. It's all so crazy: weeding out the weak, "sending them off," psychic vs non-psychic warfare, dehumanized rat people, and a foreboding aura of terror that just doesn't seem to wear off. Shit hits the fan at episode 4. I promise.
Theme Link: Wareta Ringo - Rise Taneda

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun:
TL;DR Summary: Oh my god this show is hilariously adorbs. Watch it.
Theme Link: Q & A Recital! - Haruka Tomatsu

So, what're y'all's favorites?
Durn
Durn
Hermit Sage
Hermit Sage

Back to top Go down

Autumn 2012 Anime Empty Re: Autumn 2012 Anime

Post by Creame Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 pm

I like this season. :3c A lot of my favorite mangas got an anime adaption (though they're no where near the epicness of their manga origins~) I'd like to see more, but I'm only watching a few series at the moment (I'm more of a manga fan, anyway. .w.) I'm not really good at giving little details about them, so... I'll just put whatever I want. :D

K
Attracted me with it's pretty art and soundtrack. Real shiny. Sort of a mystery-like anime (not really), which is strange, because I dislike mysteries. The characters are interesting, as well.

Kamisama Hajimemashita
The manga is much better. Basically, a girl is removed from her home, meets a god and tells him her story. The god feels sorry for her, so he gives her 'godly' powers and puts his shrine in her name... So she is able to have a home and owns the shrine, familiars, and takes the roll of a land god until the former god returns.

Sukitte Iinayo
An introverted girl discovers more about herself after becoming the girlfriend to the more popular guy in school. Lots of "d'awwww" moments. Also from a manga adaption.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Story of a study freak and a delinquent. It's so funny. xDDD Originally a manga.

Creame's list of animes she wants to get around to this season:

Psycho Pass
Zetsuen No Tempest
Kokoro Connect (started in the summer, but I still wanna see it)
Shinsekai Yori

...More to be added soon, if I ever get around to it~ xP
Creame
Creame
REM Dweller
REM Dweller

Back to top Go down