Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silvia's Diary

Go down

Silvia's Diary Empty Silvia's Diary

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Silvia's Diary

Entry #1:
404 A.S.
Her Great Nation of Ermith
The eighteenth day of Mae

Today...today was not a good day. It pains me to even think about today. I lost my family...my father...to dragons. Those horrible beasts that I always used to hear about in fantasy stories and folk tales and songs sung by bards in the village. But I never once imagined...how could I? The dragons were killed, weren't they? How could they return, and how could they be so powerful to raze an entire village with a single breath? I don't understand, Father. How can we mere humans possibly fight against such creatures? Such terrifyingly powerful beasts. I fear even the gods do not hold any power over these dragons.

Father, I do not understand. How could you leave me alone like this? Was it truly so important for you to die so that I could live? Why could we have not escaped together? The horse could carry us both, though not as far as I alone did. And this...this sword...what is it's purpose? I don't know if you wanted me to look at it or not, but I didn't. I swear I didn't even once reveal so much as the tip of the handle. The sword is safe, as am I.

What do the dragons even want? Is this their revenge for what we did to them in the past? The hero of legend...he must be real if the dragons are real. Maybe he will return to us, holding the great Dragonslayer high and proud, ready to once again deal a killing blow to end the war a second time...

Heh, I sound like a child, don't I? Hoping and believing in some sort of miracle. Some legendary hero from the past to return to the world of the living and save us. Only a kid would dream of such things. No, I know that some hero isn't going to come forth to save us. We humans have to survive and fight back. I still have hope. Hope that you are still alive, Father, and that I will see you again someday. Someday soon, I hope.

Father...I never got to tell you before I left. And I know I won't have a second chance, not until I see you again. But if, by chance, you are alive, and you stumble upon this diary. Know that your daughter misses you. Know, that I love you, Father.

-Silvia Reshe
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Silvia's Diary Empty Re: Silvia's Diary

Post by Zerifachias Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Silvia's Diary

Entry #2:
404 A.S.
The nineteenth day of Mae

I...I'm a monster. How else could I think of it? I'm just a monster. I'm not a human. I'm not even a dragon. I'm just some disgusting cross-breed between human and dragon. How is that even possible, anyway? Becoming a half-breed like this...what kind of monster was my mother, if you were human, father? Was she a dragon? How is that even possible? I don't understand it. I don't understand why this happened.

I almost killed them. No matter what reason why I did, it still does not excuse the fact that I almost killed Archer and the others. The thought alone nearly brings me to tears. The unbelievable rage I felt while in that monstrous form...it was not my rage. It felt as though my blood was burning my insides, that was the kind of rage I felt. Lately, I've felt this rage in short periods, but with much less power or heat. Whenever I think of something that rattles my emotions, I feel a little bit of this hot rage boil up within me. My inner dragon has not left me, and how can I expect it to? It's a part of my blood, no matter how much I wish to deny it.

The worst part about all of this? They don't blame me for it. Everyone in the Guard still thinks of me as a precious little girl who was caught up in something she couldn't even begin to imagine. That is what hurts the most. They don't see me as a monster, even though I almost killed them. And it's not that it hurts because they see me this way, but it hurts because I almost killed them and they still see me as human. It's because they treat me with kindness after nearly dying by my hands. I owe them everything, all of me. My body, no, my life doesn't belong to me anymore. It belongs to them.

I belong to my friends. For the greater good, they will use me to put a stop to the rise of the dragons. And I'm okay with that. For them, I will become a hero. For them, I will become a monster again. For them, I will do anything.

-Silvia Reshe
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:44 am

Silvia's Diary

Entry #3:
404 A.S.
The twentieth day of Mae

Ruined. It's all ruined. My home has been torn down by the very thing that I hate. I knew that I wasn't going to come back to a lively, flourishing village, I knew that. But for the whole of Iona to be buried in black dust? For there not to be even a single survivor? It was too much to bear. Father, I can only hope that you got way in time. I wish that you are still alive, somewhere, and in hiding. And I will find you if it's the last thing I do.

Dragons. I swear to the gods that they are going to pay for what they did to my village. This war is no longer my obligation. It is personal and I swear that I will not rest until every single one of them lies dead at my feet. Auza mentioned that I had the power, through the sword Dragonslayer, to claim the souls of the dragons that I slay. But if I did that, then I would become even more dragon-like myself. And that's fine with me. I don't care anymore. Even if I lose control over myself again, my directive is clear.

The annihilation of the dragon-kind is at hand. And I will bring about that end.

After that...I don't know. Maybe I'll end my own life. Living as a creature that I hate...I don't know if I can deal with that beyond this. I can't speak of this to anyone of this, especially Archer. It would break his heart if he heard or read this.

I should go.

~Silvia Reshe
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down