Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana

4 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 Empty Re: Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana

Post by Vergil Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:38 pm

"That's too bad," Wolfgang responded, continuing to constrict his victim. "That kind of leaves us out of options of what to do with these guys once we're through beating them to a pulp." Wolfgang then turned to face the other assailant who was approaching him. "Tell ya what," he addressed him. "Since I feel so damn sorry for you guys, I'm going to give you guys a chance to back off and run away. Honestly, you two make for some shitty assassins, so I'm gonna let you have the opportunity of rethinking your professions. The both of you, just go, and I won't have to beat you two within an inch of your lives. I had better not see your sorry asses around me again, because I won't be so generous next time. If you'll take my offer, then I suggest you drop your weapon and start backing away. If not, I'm just gonna keep your friend here acquainted with my arm until his face turns purple. Got it? Well you'd better decide fast, I don't think your buddy here can take much more."

Wolfgang continues his hold. 10% Missing HP Dmg.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 Empty Re: Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana

Post by Masquerade Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Leopold takes 2 Dmg!

Leopold falls asleep!

Kyle takes 5 Dmg!

HP: 4/25

Wolfgang's Chapter 00: Those Who Watch in Silence

Objective: Survive the onslaught of the mysterious foes!

Achievement: Freedom of Speech - Complete the battle without landing the incapacitating blow to either enemy unit while under the Silence status. [8 AP]

{ } { } {t} {t} {X} {t} {t} { } { } A
{ } { } {r} { } { } { } {r} { } { } B
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } C
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } D
{ } { } { } { } { } {W} {L} { } { } E
{m} {m} {m} { } { } { } {m} {m} {m} F
{m} {m} {m} { } {S} {K} {m} {m} {m} G
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } H
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } I
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } J
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7---8---9

Enemy Phase.

"Your prayers have been answered."

??? appears in F4.

??? uses Blades of Mercy on Leopold and Kyle!

Leopold INSTANT DEATH!

Kyle INSTANT DEATH!

"So this is their power.  What great assets they would be."  The voice came from a dark cloud of energy brimming with blue lightning.  The negativity that filled the space emanated outwards and made the air distorted.  Steel blades ripped out of the two silent assassins from the inside of their bodies leaving them dead instantly.  Laughter came from within the cloud and it began to disperse almost as quickly as it had come, but before it vanished completely, it stopped and seemed to focus on Wolfgang.

"You would save their lives, but they prayed for death.  You would give them mercy, but I have shown them true mercy.  I give you credit for thinking of my subordinates, but you know not what goes through their minds."

With that, the cloud disappeared leaving behind only questions, save for the one thing they knew for certain--they were being watched.

{ } { } { } { } { } {W} { } { } { } E
{m} {m} {m} { } {S} { } {m} {m} {m} G

Wolfgang (Restrainer)
HP: 27/30
MP: 12/20
DD: 6/10
Atk: 7
Def: 4
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Evade: 3%
Move: 3 cells

Sasha (The Gate's Defender)
HP: 14/15
SE: 3/25
DD: 5/10
Atk: 1
Def: 6
Psy: 6
Fai: 4
Evade: 18%

Leopold (Swordsman of Silence) *KO*

Kyle (Swordsman of Silence) *KO*

{X} - Residence Entrance
[No Occupy]
[No Interaction]

{t} - Townhouse
[No Occupy]

{r} - Railing
[No Occupy]
[No Pass]

{m} - Grassy Median
[No Occupy]

Wolfgang's Chapter 00: Those Who Watch in Silence

Objective: Survive the onslaught of the mysterious foes!

Achievement: Freedom of Speech - Complete the battle without landing the incapacitating blow to either enemy unit while under the Silence status. [8 AP]

{ } { } { } { } { } {W} { } { } { } E
{m} {m} {m} { } {S} { } {m} {m} {m} G

The mysterious enemies have been vanquished!
CHAPTER COMPLETE!!

EXPERIENCE:

+4 - Swordsman of Silence x2
+2 - Player Phase completed less than 10
+2 - No D-Abilities used
+2 - No Items used
+2 - No Player Character KO

TOTAL EXP GAIN: 12

Wolfgang: 0/16 --- 12/16
Next Level: 12/16
Current DD: 6/10

Sasha: 0/12 --- 12/12
Level UP!
3 Stat Points gained!
Next Level: 0/16
Current DD: 5/10

Skill Points Awarded!

+1: Wolfgang, Sasha

Achievement SUCCESS!! [+8 AP]

No Coin found...

No Items found...

Edit your profiles, please~ Update will come shortly.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:11 pm

The area in front of Claire's place was deathly silent once more. A breeze stirred in the wake of the ghastly cloud that had come to steal the lives of the assassins at what was supposed to be their own behest. How could one who could not speak wish for death? There had to be something far more gruesome behind this scene. Sasha lowered her guard and approached the fallen assassin she had been focusing her attacks on. Kneeling down, she reached towards him and pulled his hood down. Like his companion, his mouth was also sewn shut. Blood was leaking from the wounds they had received. What a terrible way to die. She hoped it was instant, regardless of the fact that they had been attacking her and Wolfgang. What were they to do now? They were left there with two dead bodies and nowhere to hide them really.

"Wolfgang, I want you to go inside and let me handle this," Sasha spoke up suddenly, standing up and backing away from the body she was just inspecting. "I'm going to call the cops and have them come out to mark this off as a crime scene. They're not going to believe I murdered these two guys with swords on my own." She swept her arm to the side causing her lunar shield to disappear in a flash of light.

"Might sound crazy but you're going to have to trust me on this one."
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:09 pm

This whole dimension was a freak show. First he was stalked by hooded swordsmen with stitched mouths like it was some weird fetish of theirs, and then a cloud emerged and stabbed them both to death before talking to Wolfgang. If the whole purpose of this world was to have Wolfgang never know what was going on, then it was doing a fine job at it. It was giving him a headache, as not only did Sasha get herself into his mess, Claire was possibly going to be put under suspicion as well when the police would find the bodies near her home. It was out of his control and yet he Wolfgang couldn't help but feel somehow responsible for all the trouble that seemed to follow him. It seemed as though everyone that came from Paragon was cursed, as if the sin and vice had clung onto them and lingered on in their lives forever.

"Hey..." Wolfgang's tired voice whispered to Sasha. "I'm sorry you got dragged into all this... I don't really know what I did to get myself into this, but I know you wouldn't have to be here if it weren't for me. I don't want you to cover for me and taking on this burden on your own. If you're going to be putting your neck on the line then the least I can do is own up to the responsibility and stick by you. Whatever happens, as long as you're at risk, we'll have to face whatever comes our way together. They won't get to you without taking me down first. You can count on it."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Sasha walked over to Wolfgang and tossed her arms around him, hugging him tight. Listen to this man, the tinge of guilt evident in his voice. There was more to Wolfgang than met the eye, that much was for sure. What it was, Sasha couldn't put her finger on it. But he had a past that was filled with something she couldn't even describe. This was supposed to be a new start for him, and look at where he was now. Standing in the street with a girl he had just met and two mutilated corpses. There was no way in hell she was letting his head fall on the chopping block. He would have no part in this.

"Hey, you didn't do anything; I dragged myself into this," Sasha stated firmly, releasing Wolfgang from her embrace. "You didn't tell me to do anything; I made my choices for myself. You got it? And my choice now is to handle this on my own because I don't want YOU wrapped up in this," she explained, gesturing towards the recently deceased. They were really starting to make a mess now with all the blood.

"Go inside, Wolfgang. As much as I appreciate the sentiment, and as much as I'd love to have you stand beside me in this matter, I think this is the best option. Not to mention I have some connections in the police force," Sasha said, adding the last bit as a side note. Unknown to Wolfgang, Sasha had actually assisted with a couple of cases that the police couldn't handle. As such she received quite a bit of praise, and she could pull a few strings. Wolfgang would just have to trust her. It might not be easy for him, and he might feel guilty, but Sasha was adamant about this being the best course of action and she would stand firmly by it.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:25 am

"Alright then," Wolfgang conceded, knowing that it was futile to argue. Getting involved with the authorities was probably the least favorable thing to do, seeing as how he wasn't a Spirit user. It was best to leave things to Sasha, much to his reluctance. "I'll trust you to know what you're doing, but if things start to go south, I may have to throw myself into the fire as well. I really won't care what happens to me at that point." Wolfgang let himself inside Claire's home, closing the door behind him with a sigh. If he had been telling the whole truth, he would have said that he didn't care what would happen to him now. There was no way Sasha nor anyone else would know what Wolfgang had gone through. at least in a world that had not seen a level of depravity akin to the nightmare that was Paragon City.

Today was more than what Wolfgang wanted to deal with, as his body was just about ready to collapse from the exhaustion. He rested upon the couch and closed his eyes, and before long he finally drifted off to sleep.

Music: Lone Wolf
Spoiler:

That night he dreamt he was back in Paragon, before it was overtaken completely by crime. It was twelve in the afternoon according to his clock, as he climbed out of his bed with a stretch. He was back in his home before his apartment, from what he could see by the bay windows of his room. The shades were kept down as to not let in so much of the sun's rays, back when Paragon could still see the sun. Wolfgang made his way down the stairs where he was greeted by a woman of a certain age, with graying disheveled hair and a velvet blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

"Good morning dear, I hope you slept well," she greeted. "Oh, hey Mom," Wolfgang replied back, his mind deceiving him into forgetting that he wasn't actually in Paragon anymore. It was a dream after all.

"Sorry I couldn't wake up earlier to make you breakfast, I was kinda out all night."
"That's alright Wolfgang, I managed to help myself."
"You could've woken me up Mom. The doctor said you shouldn't be moving around so much."
"I don't care what he said. I may be getting older, but I'm not useless. I can still handle myself in my own home."

Wolfgang's mother let out a few coughs, making her statement less convincing.

"Mom... I'm heading out. I'll stop by the pharmacy on the way home with a refill on your medication."
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going to meet up with someone."
"Oh? Did you meet another lady friend? I'm so glad you've managed to pick yourself up after what happened to that poor Gertrude."

His heart felt as though it was going to burst, quickening and quickening like it would stop altogether if it went fast enough. Wolfgang's throat tightened, an indescribable pain clawing from within as he clenched his fists and turned his face away from his mother.

Gertie... it was because of me that she...

The name echoed and thrummed against the deepest corners of his mind.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear... I shouldn't have mentioned that... do forgive me."
"Don't worry about it, Mom. It's okay. I'm actually heading out for... another job interview."
"That's wonderful, Wolfgang. I'm sure you'll get it this time. You're such a bright and handsome young man, those other employers just don't know what they're missing. I'm sure everything will turn out for the best. Just the other night I had a dream. You and your sister were back at the old house in the countryside, and it seemed you two finally made up. You both were sitting on the fence and staring off into the blue sky... but I felt like you two were waiting for something to happen... I don't remember what it was. It probably wasn't important anyway."
"That's... great, Mom. I'm leaving now. I'll be back later to make dinner."
"Take care, Wolfgang. I love you, and no matter what happens you'll always be my special little wolf cub."
"Mom... stop. I love you too."

Wolfgang gave his mother a kiss on the forehead as he headed out the door. He stepped into his car and turned the ignition, the old engine sputtered a few times before cooperating. Backing out of the driveway, Wolfgang set the car in drive and headed out into the road. He came to a stop at his destination and parked at Paragon's Angel Wing Bar. It was probably going to be near-empty as it wasn't night yet, but Wolfgang wasn't here for the nightlife. He walked in through the aisles until he found a booth with a man in a suit sitting in it.

"I'm here, just like we agreed."
"Yer a little late there, Scargrip," the man griped back at him, a cigar in his mouth.
"Does it really matter?"
"Pah! I'm a busy man, and as a future mayor of Paragon, that's only gonna get busier!"
"Counting the ballots a little too soon, are you? You haven't won the election yet."
"No shit! But I'm close. See I called you for a reason, I need a man of your specific set of skills."
"You've got my attention."
"Right down to business, that's more like it. You see I've got this whole campaign in the bag, except it's hit a little snag. See, an acquaintance of mine has been getting some heat by the media during his latest scandal and there's no way they're gonna let him walk. If he goes down, the reporters are gonna be all up in my ass once they find out I was involved. I need you, Mr. Scargrip, to get your hands on the district attorney so I don't have to. I can't get directly involved with him because I don't have quite the pull with the police as he does yet. If I send someone like you, he'll just think you're a friend of my acquaintance and my name won't be under suspicion."
"And just what do you want me to do with him?"
"Fear is an excellent motivational tool, Mr. Scargrip. I want you to properly 'motivate' him into giving my acquaintance a re-trial. All you need to do to get people to do what you want... is to make them believe that there will be consequences if they don't. After you do this, that office is as good as mine."

Wolfgang laughed, unable to keep staring this scumbag in the eye.

"Like I want someone like you for a mayor."
"Hey! I've got the future of this two-bit town all figured out! I'll be pioneering this shit-hole into the next generation! Just you wait. Besides, good things can happen for all of us if you do this one job. Likewise, terrible things may happen to you, Mr. Scargrip, should you refuse. I am not a man to be trifled with, as I've got connections that'll wipe your smug ass off the face of the earth."
"...What was that?"

When Wolfgang looked up again, the sky had turned pitch-black, and only the dimly-lit light above the booth shone down on the table. The suited man was replaced by a different figure entirely.

Music: The Stranger
Spoiler:

Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 401e362a91"I said terrible things may happen, Mr. Scargrip."
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 82c832dc3b"The hell? Who are you?"
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 401e362a91"We've met before... you just don't remember me."
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 82c832dc3b"...Why are you here?"
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 401e362a91"Man, are you just gonna ask me questions all night? I may have the answers... but you just wouldn't understand. I just figured I'd stop by and check up on you. If I'm entirely honest, I didn't think you'd make it this far. Good job."
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 82c832dc3b"What do you mean by that?"
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 401e362a91"Sheesh, what is it with you and these questions? I told you... you wouldn't understand. You aren't necessarily a 'big picture' kinda guy. I should know after all. So... how you feelin'? I figured if Masq's world didn't get to you, you would've probably offed yourself by now. Maybe you've just managed to distract yourself from all that pain. Doesn't matter if you do or if you don't, you know. Your life doesn't matter. What's with that look? I'm just saying! When it all comes down to it, you'll be just another distant memory. You know, it'd probably be much sadder for you if you did understand it. I guess that's sort of why I leave you clueless.
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 82c832dc3b"..."
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 401e362a91"What's the matter, run out of questions already? Or did I strike a nerve somewhere along the line? Kinda like when your mom mentioned Gertie, right? Speaking of your mother and Gertrude, you can't save them you know. In fact, you've already went through the pain of losing them. When you wake up, you'll go back to that reality... and you'll forget our little talk here."
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 82c832dc3b"...What do you want? JUST WHO ARE YOU?"
Spirit's Resolution: The Invasion of Mana - Page 9 401e362a91"Oh, so you didn't run out of things to ask after all. Was getting a little worried for you. What do I want? I was bored and thought this was a good way to pass the time is all. You aren't the only poor soul whose life I got bound by strings. Yeah... I guess you could say I'm like a puppeteer. In a kind of fucked up way I guess you could say it's really all a game to me. Oh, look at the time. You gotta wake up now... I'll be seeing you again... if you're still alive by our next encounter.

...Wake up."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:55 pm

"We need to press on.  The more we linger, the higher the chance that we will be stopped again and make no progress," Felicia stated simply as she began to make her way across the sand that had been left behind when Claire drained all the water away.  Much to everyone's dismay, however, the orb fell to the ground and the water suddenly blasted outwards filling the area once more.  The orb itself shattered, the shards littering the sands beneath the water, beyond salvation.

"My apologies, I forgot to mention that was going to happen," Claire said, bowing her head slightly in sarcasm with a slight smirk on her face.  She knew her relic wasn't going to last forever.  The only thing she regretted was that attaining another one was going to be difficult.  That was a matter for a different time.

"Claire, should we really go after her?" Vaughn questioned, knowing that Claire would know best for this situation.

"I hate to say it, but she's right," Claire admitted with a shrug.  "First off, there's no escape from this location.  Our only choice is to move forward.  Second, she's going in the same direction, so whatever trouble she runs into, we're going to have to deal with regardless.  You see where this is going."  Claire had many questions that needed to be answered, but there wasn't going to be any hope of having them answered if she and the others were dead.  There was more to this outing than just destroying the royalty.  This Felicia was a mana user and she knew something about Claire.  Claire may have been highly intelligent and one of the best users of Spirit in the realm, but she hadn't done much for her name to be so far spread.  Or had she?  Maybe she just hadn't realized how well-known she had become.

Lost in thought, Claire meandered off after Felicia, and the rest of the group obviously had no choice of where to go as the path was fairly linear at this point, just as the queen had planned, surely.  The waters of the marsh began to thin as they traveled and the trees grew more dense.  There was still water abound, just in isolated places now, and the aquatic creatures of the night croaked and glubbed as the group trespassed by their habitats.  Felicia still had the lead, staying wary but eventually coming to a stop in a clearing surrounded by trees and dense foliage.  Claire had closed the gap considerably and also came to a halt.  There didn't appear to be another path beyond this point.  The trees were far too close together to navigate through.  That could only really mean one thing.

"This is exactly where she wants us to be," Felicia stated as the sounds of sinister laughter came from all around.  The leaves in the trees began to rustle and shake.  There was something here.

In a flash, two beings stood before the group.  They were female in appearance, short and thin, their bodies composed of twisted roots and vines.  Their hair was naught but leaves, and the dangerous bows they held in their hands were made of wood, quite unrefined by the looks of it.  Both of them had no eyes or nose, but they did have a mouth filled with sharp thorns that acted as teeth.  They grinned menacingly at the group as two floating flowers drifted down behind them from above.  The crimson petals were closed in, but they angled towards the group and began to bloom.  In the center of each flower was a huge eyeball with a blue iris.  The eyes focused on the group intensely not caring about the rest of the surroundings.

"I knew the shamblers were frightening creatures, but this...this is something else," Vaughn said shakily, drawing his knives and preparing for a fight that had been planned before they had even reached the clearing.

Chapter 00-B: Predator and Prey

Objective: Defeat all enemies!

Achievement: Blind Them - Ensure that both of the Heaven's Eye monsters are eliminated before the Hunting Shamblers. [6 AP]

{t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} A
{t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} {t} B
{t} {t} { } {I} { } {P} { } {t} {t} C
{t} {t} { } {K} { } {J} { } {t} {t} D
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} {t} E
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} {t} F
{t} {t} {t} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} G
{t} {t} {t} { } {F} { } {t} {t} {t} H
{t} {t} {t} { } {C} {V} {t} {t} {t} I
{t} {t} {t} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} J

Claire (Thaumaturge) *GOBLET: 0%*
HP: 20/20
SE: 35/35
DD: 0/10
Psyche 1: {//////////}
Psyche 2: {READY!}
Def: 3
Psy: 8
Fai: 5
Evade: 1%

Vaughn (Slicer) *HIT +5%* *CHR +5%*
HP: 35/35
SE: 20/20
Psy: 1
Evade: 5%
Move: 4 cells

Felicia (Archmage) *MDO +10%* *MDT -10%*
HP: 25/25
MP: 44/44
Def: 5
Int: 11
Spr: 7
Move: 2 cells

Kankaya (Hunting Shambler) *SIGHT* *SURE HIT* *CHR +15%*
HP: 65/65
SP: 65/65
DD: --/--
Psy: 2
Evade: 8%

Jajaluha (Hunting Shambler) *SIGHT* *SURE HIT* *CHR +15%*
SP: 65/65

Iris (Heaven's Eye)
HP: 40/40
Atk: 0
Psy: 10

Pupil (Heaven's Eye)

{t} - Marsh Tree
[No Occupy]

Players may start in rows I-J!

Last edited by Masquerade on Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Nastasia starts at J5!

Nastasia found her way back over to Claire as the group came to the conclusion that the only way out would be through. Her heart raced. She knew that Claire was determined to not allow anything to happen to them, but could the Thaumaturge successfully guide them through the marsh? Would they scrape through the bloody battleground? The sorceress couldn't say. She believed with every fiber of her being, however, that Claire would not allow anyone––save for possibly Felicia––to die if it could be helped. It was that thought that kept Nastasia from jumping out of her skin as the eyes and huntress shamblers appeared before them.

"This is not good," she whispered to herself, feeling an overwhelmed by an energy which could only be spirit. Would her spells have any effect on these things? The color in Nastasia's face drained. She certainly hoped so.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xavier-Rains/314656341904106

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Netta starts at J-4

The little squirrel-girl looks from one person to the next, listening to their voices without hearing the words. Claire is getting a bit arrogant, Netta thinks. But Felicia is a bad person anyway, so that doesn't matter. What matters is that they are all playing into this stupid witch's hands. Since Claire still isn't threatening to bring Netta back into the city, she has no problem with following the woman further into the marsh. It has proven to be only slightly more dangerous than her home forest, but the fact that she did not know these creatures made them a little trickier. Most of them seem pretty tame in comparison to the basilisks.

Netta pauses her thoughts as they stop in a small grove area. She wonders if there are basilisks in this world too. It would be too good to believe that there aren't any, those things can get pretty nasty.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Achievement: Blind Them - Ensure that both of the Heaven's Eye monsters are eliminated before the Hunting Shamblers. [6 AP]

{t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} {t} E
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } { } {t} {t} F
{t} {t} {t} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} G
{t} {t} {t} { } {F} { } {t} {t} {t} H
{t} {t} {t} { } {C} {V} {t} {t} {t} I
{t} {t} {t} {N} {A} { } {t} {t} {t} J

Claire (Thaumaturge) *GOBLET: 0%*

HP: 35/35

Felicia (Archmage) *MDO +10%* *MDT -10%*
HP: 25/25
MP: 44/44

Netta (Artificer)
HP: 30/30
MP: 20/20
DD: 4/10
Atk: 8
Spr: 5

Nastasia (Sorceress) *ALIGNMENT [1]*
MP: 35/35
DD: 8/10
Int: 8
Spr: 4
Evade: 2%

SE: 65/65

Iris (Heaven's Eye)

Pupil (Heaven's Eye)

{t} - Marsh Tree
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 1!

Felicia moves to F5.

"I think we know what needs to be done here," Felicia stated matter-of-factly before stepping forward a few feet and taking aim at one of the eyeball plants in the back.  They made her feel uneasy.  Then again, they'd probably make anyone uneasy.  Look at them.  They're horrendous.

Felicia channeled her magic and lashed out with it, a serpent of flame jetting out of her fist and slithering through the air before connecting with its target, coiling around it and setting it afire.

Felicia casts Pyretongue on Iris!  15 Fire Dmg! (INT) [Chance of Burn]

MP: 36/44

Claire moves to G6.

Claire got what Felicia was going at but the magic-wielding woman had a slight headstart and Claire found herself not able to position herself properly to cast her own elemental magic.  It would have to wait.  Instead, she waved her wand and goblet casting spheres of Spirit hurtling towards one of the freakish Shambler archers, hoping that they were not as nimble as they seemed.

Claire attacks Jajaluha!  2 hits!  8 Dmg per hit! (PSY)

Vaughn moves to E6.

Vaughn gauged the enemies and saw Claire was targeting one.  Naturally he would follow up on it.  The others could do as they wished but this target was ideal for now.  Perhaps taking out the weird eyeball plants would be beneficial but he would settle on this.  Dashing forward with his high speed, Vaughn skidded to a halt in front of the strange bow-wielding Shambler and carved it with his knives.  It didn't seem too pleased at that but he was ready to take on whatever he needed to knowing that Claire was right behind him in support.

Vaughn attacks Jajaluha!  2 hits!  7 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

Last edited by Masquerade on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:37 pm

Nastasia moves to H5!

Nastasia wanted to curse. She never cursed, but being unable to hit any of their foes – especially the freaky floating eyeball plants – left her at a major disadvantage. She had no impressive range with which to combat these foes and she certainly could not charge past the others. If only she had Aaron's dexterity. Although the man rarely needed to take up arms on the field of battle (Helena and Cas were hired for that explicit reason), he practically flew through the air. He had that much power within him and she envied it, particularly now more than ever.

If I had the coordination, she thought to herself, all of my ideas would stay mine. If she had the coordination her true genius would be shown – her level of control of mana in conjunction would enable her to astound more than Aaron Strider himself. Were it all mine, she thought wistfully. Although she could not tell, something stirred deep within – perhaps it would not stay dormant for very much longer.
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Netta begins climbing the tree at J-3

Natalia pushes herself up onto her tiptoes to get a good look at the enemy, but she can't really get a good vision on them. Her bow would be so much more useful if she could spend a bit of extra time firing from the trees. There was really no reason to not climb the tree, so she puts her bow away and starts to climb, grabbing onto the rough bark of the tree and propelling herself up the side of it like a squirrel would. A rain of arrows from the sky would unleash a world of hurt on anyone on the field. She could snipe them from the height and there would be nothing they can do to stop her.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:32 pm

Netta is climbing the tree!  She is vulnerable now, but she'll get to the branch of her choosing on the next turn and be able to act!

Jajaluha takes 16 Dmg!

HP: 47/65

Iris takes 10 Dmg!

HP: 30/40

Iris is Burned!

{t} {t} { } { } { } { } {V} {t} {t} E
{t} {t} { } { } {F} { } { } {t} {t} F
{t} {t} {t} { } { } {C} {t} {t} {t} G
{t} {t} {t} { } {A} { } {t} {t} {t} H
{t} {t} {t} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} I
{t} {t} {N} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} J

Enemy Phase.

Kankaya moves to D3.

Kankaya attacks Felicia!  7 Dmg! (ATK)

Jajaluha moves to C5.

Jajaluha attacks Vaughn!  11 Dmg! CRITICAL!! (ATK)

Iris uses Kill On Sight on Felicia! [Iris is focusing Felicia]

SP: 31/35

Iris waits.

Pupil uses Highlight on Claire! [Damage taken +20%]

SP: 29/35

Pupil waits.

{t} {t} { } {I} {J} {P} { } {t} {t} C
{t} {t} {K} { } { } { } { } {t} {t} D
{t} {t} { } { } { } { } {V} {t} {t} E
{t} {t} {t} { } { } {C} {t} {t} {t} G
{t} {t} {t} { } {A} { } {t} {t} {t} H
{t} {t} {N} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} J

Iris is Burned for 3 turns.

Claire (Thaumaturge) *GOBLET: 25%* *DMG TAKEN +20%*
DD: 2/10

HP: 28/35

Felicia (Archmage) *MDO +10%* *MDT -10%* *CHD TAKEN +100%*
HP: 23/25
DD: 1/10

Netta (Artificer) *IN TREE* *CHR +15%* *SURE HIT*
DD: 4/10
Evade: 5% --- 30%

MP: 35/35

Iris (Heaven's Eye) *BURN [6]*
HP: 24/40
SE: 31/35

Pupil (Heaven's Eye)
SE: 29/35

{t} - Marsh Tree
[No Occupy]

Player Phase 2!

Felicia casts Pyretongue on Pupil!  15 Fire Dmg! (INT) [Chance of Burn]

MP: 28/44

"Seems that was effective enough despite the difference in our energies," Felicia stated contentedly, brushing her gloves off.  It was so effective in fact, that she now focused on the other eye and unleashed a similar coil of flame towards it, the coil slithering around the creepy organ and tightening around it, searing it.  Felicia couldn't help but feel that something was watching her, and sure enough, the other eye was staring right at her.

"Talk about unnerving," she said quietly as a shiver shot down her spine.

Felicia waits.

Claire moves to E6.

"Your magic is commendable even for a foreign entity," Claire commented casually as she made her way closer to the eye that Felicia had just burned.  It was the closest thing she could get to so it would be unfortunate enough to receive the brunt of her magical prowess.  "Feiru!" Claire chanted and waved her wand sending burning embers outwards to scathe the creature.  

The woman knew that her own magic would be far more superior no matter how strong Felicia's was.

Claire casts Feiru on Pupil!  10 Fire Dmg! (PSY)

SE: 27/35

Vaughn uses Cyclic Slice on Pupil!  2 hits!  8 Dmg per hit! (ATK)

SE: 10/20

Vaughn leaped into the air and spun around with his prep knives outstretched, slicing the eyeball creature that had received so much pain already this turn.  His blades slashed it a couple of times before Vaughn reoriented himself on the ground and returned to his original position, knives still at the ready in the case it had not been enough to put it to a final end.

Vaughn waits.

Last edited by Masquerade on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Nastasia moves to G6!

"Be careful, Claire!" Nastasia called after the thaumaturge as she charged the floating eyeball menace. Although she figured the younger magician would be able to hold her own in this fight, the sorceress did not want her to get hurt too badly. If Claire fell then all might have been lost. A team was nothing without its leader, especially when she just so happened to also be their pillar of support.

Nastasia shifted into Claire's old position. There didn't seem to be too much she could do to their foes; she didn't have an elemental advantage that would make up for her innate energy-based disadvantage. Still, damaging them – even a little bit – would mean the end of their plight. With that in mind, the sorceress focused her mana and swiftly tapped her heel into the ground. A snapping length of sand shot at the floating eye.

Nastasia casts Gaia Lash on Pupil! 2 hits! 7 Int Earth Damage per hit!
Remaining MP: 29/35

Nastasia eases back into alignment! 3% Max MP Recovery!

Nastasia
MP: 30/35
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:46 pm

Upon her perch Netta can see the whole battlefield. The other little units moving according to their own wills, with no care in the world about strategy or proper risk versus reward placements. Just rush at the prey without a plan other than "blow it up with magic" or something like that. Netta is different. She understands how hunting works. Often cornering prey into a corner results in the prey fighting back, sometimes overpowering the predator with superior numbers or a surprisingly powerful attack. Netta has witnessed a lone jaguar get killed by a herd of deer because it thought it was still the predator in deer territory. But now, they were encroaching on the stalker's territory. The ones below her and Netta herself are the prey here. Which is why no creature would ever suspect the prey being stronger than them.

Netta jumps over to the next tree, getting a little closer but remaining safe on her perch. The only way one of those creatures could hit her is if they either come up here or fire a ranged attack at her. Netta is confident in her ability to dodge any attack, and no beast would be foolish enough to climb any of these trees when the threat of arrows raining down from above still looms. Netta quickly strings her bow and knocks an arrow to the wood. She takes careful, meaningful aim through the gaps in the trees and feeling the wind move her two little green pigtails.

When she fires the shot, it doesn't miss.

Netta moves to the tree at H-3

Netta attacks Iris! 8 Atk DMG!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Netta climbed the tree successfully! [All incoming melee attacks will miss][Evade +25%][Sure Hit][Critical Hit Rate +15%]

Iris takes 3 Dmg!

HP: 21/40

Pupil takes 36 Dmg!

HP: 4/40

Pupil evades all instances of Burn!

[Heaven's Eye:

Weakness Revealed: Fire
Resistance Revealed: Earth]

{t} {t} { } {I} {J} {P} { } {t} {t} C
{t} {t} { } { } { } {C} {V} {t} {t} E
{t} {t} {t} { } { } {A} {t} {t} {t} G
{t} {t} {N} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} H

Netta's boons are conditionally indefinite.

Claire is Highlighted for 3 turns.

Felicia is being Focused.

Enemy Phase.

Kankaya attacks Felicia!  7 Dmg! (ATK)

Kankaya waits.

Jajaluha fades into the trees via Camoflauge...

Iris continues to focus on Felicia!

Iris waits.

Pupil uses Highlight on Netta!  [Damage taken +20%]

SE: 23/35  

Pupil waits to be burned to death.

{t} {t} { } { } { } {C} {V} {t} {t} E
{t} {t} {t} { } { } {A} {t} {t} {t} G
{t} {t} {N} { } { } { } {t} {t} {t} H

Iris is Burned for 2 more turns.

Claire (Thaumaturge) *GOBLET: 50%* *DMG TAKEN +20%*
DD: 3/10

HP: 28/35
SE: 10/20
DD: 10/10

Felicia (Archmage) *MDO +10%* *MDT -10%* *CHD TAKEN +100%*
HP: 21/25
DD: 1/10

Netta (Artificer) *IN TREE* *CHR +15%* *SURE HIT* *DMG TAKEN +20%*
DD: 5/10
Evade: 5% --- 30%

MP: 30/35
DD: 10/10

Jajaluha (Hunting Shambler) *SIGHT* *SURE HIT* *CHR +15%* *CAMO*

Iris (Heaven's Eye) *BURN [6]*
HP: 15/40

Pupil (Heaven's Eye) *CRITICAL*
HP: 4/40
SE: 23/35

{t} - Marsh Tree
[No Occupy]

Felicia Teleports to C5.

MP: 22/44

Felicia attacks Pupil! 2 hits! 12 Dmg per hit! (INT)
---Felicia links Burn Blow! 26 Fire Dmg! WEAKNESS!! (INT)

"So these things roast as easily as I thought," Felicia mused as her and Claire's fire brought one of the eyeball shamblers to the brink of destruction. Aiming to finish it off herself she disappeared without a trace, reappearing in a quiet fashion next to her mark. She punched the creature twice with her gloves empowered by magic before unleashing a blazing blow towards it to end it for good. That would be one out and one to go before they could take on the bow-wielding shamblers without having to worry as much.

Claire moves to E4.

Claire casts Feiru on Iris! 20 Fire Dmg! WEAKNESS!! (PSY) [Chance of Burn]

SE: 19/35

With the power of fire in hand, the progress they were making was quite swift. The creatures seemed pretty resilient to physical attacks but the fire was something that at least the eye creatures could not endure. She sidled into place in front of the eye that was trained rather heavily on Felicia. It would not see what would come next. "Feiru!" Claire waved her wand sending a scatter of blistering embers to pelt the eye without mercy, hopefully setting it ablaze. The hunting shamblers may not seem like threats now but she worried about what kind of tricks they would have up their sleeves. She had studied so much about the shambler culture and the like searching for an overall weakness and way to topple their civilization that she didn't even bother researching the individual types of shamblers in the hierarchy. There would be surprises all around, but though Claire possessed a sharp mind and aptitude for preparedness, she could also change and adapt. And so she would.

"I always hate going all out but..."

The surging flames of azure arise and provide cover and their unlimited arsenal upon he who is blessed by their power! Vaugh unleashes Torrent of Azure Blades upon Kankaya! 28 Piercing Fire Dmg! WEAKNESS!!

The area grew darker before strange bluish flames zipped along the moist ground filling the air with heat and steam. Vaughn disappeared within the fires, but as seconds passed, blade after blade of blue flame pierced the hunter that he had in his own sights prior. More and more blades. They pierced the creature silently as it screamed in agony. The speed at which it was being pierced increased until it was nothing but a sphere of azure flame itself. All at once, the flames dispersed and Vaughn reappeared in his original spot, his clothes sizzling and a heat radiating from his form.

"Just...keeping the fire theme alive, all right?" he said with a nervous laugh as he received a rather dreadful look from Claire. Whether it had been a tactically sound move or not there was no taking it back now.

Vaughn waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Tue May 09, 2017 9:36 am

Nastasia moves to F5!

The floating eyeballs seemed to shrug off her earthen-based attack with ease. Strange, the sorceress thought to herself as she slipped into Felicia's old position. I don't like getting sand in my eyes, she continued, you'd think they'd be more sensitive. Resistant or not, there wasn't much else she could do at the moment. Her spells didn't necessarily have the best reach; she knew she would have to remedy that at a later date. For now another length of sand whipped at the shamblers.

Nastasia casts Gaia Lash on Kankaya! 2 hits! 7 Int Earth Damage per hit!
Remaining MP: 24/35

Nastasia eases back into alignment! 3% Max MP Recovery!

Nastasia
MP: 25/35
Silver
Silver
Prince of Dreams
Prince of Dreams

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9