Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Vergil Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:53 pm

Iris complied to the Vensi's request, remaining still as the elf brought her and Leo to the abode of her father. The luminous gloss of the crystalline structure beamed its extravagance in a bright and almost obnoxious display. The elves sure had an interesting taste in architectural fashion. Iris took a moment to glance over the balcony and felt her chest tauten and her breath nearly rush out of her all at once. "H-Heights..." she stammered under her breath. Oh, how vertigo plagued her whenever she found herself at higher altitudes. The inborn phobia deterred Iris from accompanying her father on extended hikes into the mountains during her younger years, however a mental remedy prevailed when she was focused in battle - a feat proven as she had fought off several assassins on high rooftops before; an opportunity that would present itself again in this very moment.

Her attention turned to a robed assailant that had just made an attempt on Vensi's life. Iris drew her blade and prepared herself to fight, as a looming question wandered in her mind. How did another human make it all the way up in the sky? The only conceivable ways the man could have been here in Iris' mind was if he had magic, or... "Stay vigilant, Lady Vensi. There may be a chance this man has not come alone," Iris warned. And why would he, in the conventional sense? He even went as far as to show his own face in broad daylight, and attacked an Elvennahn noble while she was in the company of two armed fighters. To undertake such an act by oneself would prove to be foolhardy in their own overconfidence.

This was where her training as a knight was resurfacing in her tactical reasoning. A common ploy by a team of assassins was to keep a large group of protectors distracted with a decoy, while any other number of killers were sent after the real target. Considering this was the estate of Vensi's father, it wouldn't be difficult to guess who that could be. "You should go, Vensi," Iris advised. "Check on your father to ensure his safety; he may be in danger. Leave this man to me and Leo." As much as she hated it, Iris once again found herself fulfilling the role of protecting and fighting on behalf of nobility. At least this was a chance to sample this assassin's fighting style.

Iris starts in K-5.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures of Naletia: Back to Dust

Post by Masquerade Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:32 pm

"I do believe someone sounds a bit salty!"

Leo had enjoyed the invitation up to the palace where Lady Vensi resided. The sheer beauty was astonishing and overwhelming in every way, his eyes gleaming with the natural glare of the crystals and the radiance emitted from the sunlight. What reverie he had been lost in was shattered, however, as a man aimed to actually attack the lady elf--a foolish move. Leo laughed in delight and made his prior statement because this man was clearly appalled by his own failure. Iris brought up a great point though. One human would definitely not be able to take out Lady Vensi, especially with two powerful human warriors on her side. There was something larger afoot here.

"Yes, oh yes, Lady Vensi! If you must take stock of your family and palace, you can trust us to take care of this irrelevant scum!" Leo added reassuringly, standing his ground with blade at the ready, stance loose and body ready for more action. It would do him well to work off what he ate. It might have looked healthy but hey, one could never be certain.

"But between you and me, milady, I think Iris just wants to lay into this guy herself," he hurriedly whispered in a joking tone. Was it the time for joke? Certainly! Humor was great in any situation--even in attempted assassinations!

In any regard, Leo starts at K3.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

https://eternaldream.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Encounter!
Imka Vestalis - Crystal Spire Home
Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS6HX2m-HNY
Atmosphere: White Noise
Objective: Defeat the enemy!

(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) A
(d) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (d) B
(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) C
(w) ( ) ( ) (1) ( ) ( ) (w) D
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) E
(d) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (d) F
(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) G
(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) H
(w) (w) (w) ( ) (w) (w) (w) I
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) J
(x) ( ) (L) (V) (I) ( ) (x) K
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) L
( ) (x) (x) (x) (x) (x) ( ) M
-1---2---3---4---5---6---7

Vensi (Invocation)
HP: 30/30
EN: 50/50
MP: 35/35
Atk: 1
Def: 2
Int: 7
Spr: 5
Crit: 4%
Evade: 2%
Move: 2

Iris (Errant)
HP: 35/35
ADR: 0/100
Atk: 6
Def: 5
Int: 1
Spr: 2
Crit: 3%
Evade: 3%
Move: 3

Leo (Arbiter)
HP: 40/40
MP: 30/30
Def: 4
Spr: 4

??? (1)
Atk: 8
Crit: 5%

(x) - Balcony

(w) - Crystal Wall

(d) - Door

Player Phase

The human's kind offer to handle this one man to let her move on warmed Vensi's heart. She made the right choice in trusting these two, the elven noble thought. Her father would be further inside, and while she was concerned for his safety, he was also one of the noble Elvennahn Lords. Any number of human assassins would have a very hard time in taking him out, especially in his Ursa form, which has no defining characteristics or weaknesses. After all, her father was one of the more powerful Lords, on par with Renvari at his prime.

"Thank you for your kind words," Vensi says, "but my father is not inside. This man is after something else." It is true, Vensi could not sense her father within the confines of the building. As for other humans, she can sense them heading further inside, meaning this one was alone. But why would they leave only one? He would not pose much of a threat to them here by himself. For now Vensi waits outside, peering in at the man.

Vensi waits.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 pm

"Very well," Iris responded, eyes still fixed on the perpetrator. It would have been unwise to follow in single-file where they could easily be shot and managed through a chokepoint, however they did not have the luxury of waiting the man out. Iris would once again have to take the first strike before the other two could gain a foothold on the battle; this was most likely not going to be the last time anyway. The only feasible plan at this moment was to chase down the man until they had him cornered, and then beat the ever-living consciousness out of him. If Iris had to take several arrows shot at her before that could be accomplished, then so be it.

She led the charge, stepping through and standing at the corridor. For knights leading a forefront, it was their duty to inspire and heighten the morale of their allies; though it had been a long time since Iris worked with any comrades-in-arms nor did she carry a banner of loyalty. Still, she could help Leo and Vensi garner focus if they had a plan. "Cut him off, do not allow him any openings to escape. I'll try to divert his fire, but it is best if he can't keep his eyes on all of us."

Iris moves to I-4.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Leo moves to J3.

"Never you mind if things get too hairy," Leo reassured Iris, who decided to take the lead, with a grin. He would have gladly volunteered, but Iris seemed like the take-charge kind of woman. Not to mention what he had whispered to Lady Vensi was not a complete joke.

"I have a trick up my sleeve just for the occasion! A reward for allegiance with the light," he explained, though not completely. It was the only ability he had not put on display in the coliseum fight against Iris, mainly because he had no need to. Perhaps if it had worn on...

Leo waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Encounter!

(w) (w) (w) (I) (w) (w) (w) I
(x) ( ) (L) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) J
(x) ( ) ( ) (V) ( ) ( ) (x) K

-

Enemy Phase

"Right where I want you!" The hooded enemy jabs his bow arm, forcing an arrow out through his sleeve, only this one seemed different from his other arrows. For one, it had no point, only a glowing red ember at the end of it. He draws the bow and presses his back leg behind him, pointing the bow up. The string flicks and the arrow whistles through the air. It hits the crystal walls just above Iris and at the exact point of impact explodes violently, sending down a cascade of crystal debris upon the wandering knight.

The hooded man steps back from the scene a little more and sticks his neck out at the party. "None of you will be getting any closer. We will have what we came for."

An explosive arrow collapses the entrance with Iris standing beneath it!

Iris takes 25 DMG!

Iris is buried beneath the rubble!

-

(w) ( ) ( ) (r) ( ) ( ) (w) H
(x) ( ) (L) (r) ( ) ( ) (x) J

Iris is buried beneath the rubble! (Indefinite)

-

Vensi (Invocation)

Iris (Errant) *Buried*
HP: 10/35
ADR: 3/100

Leo (Arbiter)

??? (1)

(x) - Balcony

(w) - Crystal Wall

(d) - Door

(r) - Rubble
HP: 15/15
Def: 15
Trigger Command: Lift Rocks - Lift some of the rubble to reduce the rubble HP.

Player Phase

The doorway collapsed right on Iris, Vensi shielded her eyes and mouth from the falling rock and dust and waited for it to clear before assessing the situation. Leo still stood beside the rubble, mostly unharmed. Iris, on the other hand, was trapped beneath a large pile of the crystal rock the home was made of. Looks like the humans came prepared to slow them down a great deal. What other traps might lie inside?

"Are you alright Iris?" Vensi calls, drawing forth some of her magical power. "Can you move at all? Hold still just a moment, I'll turn some of the rock to dust with magic." Easier said than done. The rock was designed to resist both physical and magical assaults, though her magic should be able to destroy it easier than a sword would. Vensi shot her magic forward, zapping some of the rocks and turning them to dust, but it would still take some time before the rubble was completely cleared away.

Vensi attacks the rubble at I-4! 7 Int DMG!

EN: 48/50
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:34 pm

"Well there's a surprise!" Leo exclaimed in shock as the blast went off, effectively destroying some of the beautiful crystal that composed the palace, and also effectively burying Iris beneath it. That was very unfortunate. Leo wasted no time in kneeling down and moving some of the crystal from the pile of rubble that kept the woman down--a feat Leo once felt was impossible to accomplish. However, he figured that a ton of crystallized rubble would probably do the trick. Obviously, it was right in front of him!

Leo aids in removing rubble from the pile!

"Just hang on there, Iris, if you're even alive, that is!"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Encounter!

-

Enemy Phase

The hooded man spares a glance behind him. The others should be reaching the shrine right about now, which means the best part is about to begin. He steps forward and looks past the rubble, where the Lady Vensi stands, attempting to free the human from the rubble. How pitiful that a member of the Elvennahn court cannot even destroy the rubble of her own home. The man snorts in a fit of laughter and twirls another arrow in his hand. He doesn't shoot, not yet. There is still plenty of time before phase two of the plan comes into action. For now, he'll stand there and taunt them.

"Hey you, elf!" he shouts over the rubble. "You know what you're hiding in that shrine isn't going to be happy when it gets out!"

That ought to stir some doubt in these other humans. How they could align with the elves after all they've done to the human race is inconceivable. It is downright shameful.

??? Waits.

-

-

Vensi (Invocation)

Iris (Errant) *Buried*

Leo (Arbiter)

??? (1)

(x) - Balcony

(w) - Crystal Wall

(d) - Door

(r) - Rubble (H-4)
HP: 12/15

Player Phase

Vensi lifts her head at the sound of the man's voice and his mentioning of the shrine deep within the castle. So the humans knew of it? She should have known that is what they were after. But they were in for a big disappointment when they did find it. Momentarily Vensi glances over to Leo. "The shrine he mentioned exists, but it was emptied centuries ago. They're running on old knowledge. There's nothing there, we have no cause to worry." For now she had to focus getting rid of the rubble.

Vensi attacks the rubble! 7 Int DMG!

EN: 46/50
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Leo uses Trigger Command: Lift Rocks on Rubble!

"Would they really be so reckless as to exact such a foolish plan then, milady? They're pretty much throwing their lives down for nothing. I have a feeling there's more to this than meets the eye, as there always is," Leo explained, exerting what strength he had to lift more rocks from the pile of rubble, tossing them askance, hoping to bring Iris to the surface once more.

"What did used to be there though, pray tell?" Leo, if anything, was a curious fellow. What were they keeping at the shrine? It had to have been something living if it was able to feel anger. Or unhappiness. Or discontent. Or whatever emotion that unseemly fellow with the arrows was going on about.

"Forgive me for being intrusive. You know how I hunger for knowledge, milady."

Leo waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Encounter!

(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) E

-

Enemy Phase

Not quite the reaction he was looking for. The hooded man scoffs, stepping back again when a static enters his ear. He pauses, listening to the voice coming from the static. Then, he smiles. He rips off his hood again, revealing the scarred face beneath. "You're in luck, elf! Just so happens my men found out where you put all your precious jewels! It's only a matter of time before they reach the shrine, then you can say goodbye to your entire oasis!" Whatever the man under the hood and his accomplices have planned, they appear to be confident.

??? waits.

-

-

Vensi (Invocation)

Iris (Errant) *Buried*

Leo (Arbiter)

??? (1)

(x) - Balcony

(w) - Crystal Wall

(d) - Door

(r) - Rubble
HP: 8/15

Player Phase

"Of course, I can sate your curiosity." Vensi says, taking a moment to breathe and assess the pile of rubble. She ignores the man's voice from beyond, if his men found the vault then it will be some time before they found the shrine. It's on the other side of the mansion, after all. Closer to the entrance than one might think. "We captured a dragon and put it in there. Well, I suppose that's not quite accurate. What used to live in the shrine was not quite a dragon, though it shares many of the traits of one. It came to us after the dragons nearly wiped out Ermith and wanted to be put away where no one could hurt it any more. A few months ago it asked to be released into the desert so it could stretch its wings. We sent it to live with one of our old gods. I wager the humans intend to use it to fight us, but they are heavily misinformed about the loyalties of this dragon."

Vensi attacks the rubble! 7 Int DMG!

The rubble is broken up enough to allow Iris' strength to break herself free!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Iris breaks free of the rubble!

The crystalline debris that Iris had mentally criticized in its lavishness had now entombed her, an irony that was killing her almost as much as the weight. She could not hear the voices outside the rubble, and the pain had caused her to black out for some time. She saw herself in a meadow; the one she had dreamt of when she was at the coliseum. The gentle breeze grazed against her cheek, a familiar serenity. A family of wild horses would gallop by, and Iris watched on in admiration. As the horses disappeared into the distance, fire began to engulf the meadow and surrounded Iris. The tranquil harmony had evaporated from her eyes, leaving behind only rage. Unbridled fury that overtook Iris as she screamed in the burning pasture; a fury that had awoken her when the debris had gotten light enough to break free.

And break free she did. Iris violently rose from the ground, shoving off the pieces that had fallen on her and stood with her sword still in her hand. A streak of blood matted the side of her hair and trickled down past her eye and cheek. Her teeth were bared like a rabid wolf, and her eyes had become narrowed and rigid. The stare she cast on the man was lethal, for she cursed him for exploiting such a cowardly tactic. For falling for it so easily, she despised herself. "Vensi," Iris called, the stern, restrained tone in her voice masking her true indignation. "Do you wish to keep this man alive for information, or shall I spray his blood on the walls? I ask only out of respect, for I am feeling rather artistic today."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:38 pm

"Thank you, Lady Vensi, for my hunger has been sated for now. I can NOT believe however that they would act so rashly on such false information! Are they fools or merely suicidal? There is no retribution for those who would take their own lives," Leo stated as a light began to surge around his form. He pointed his blade at the recently arisen Iris who looked like she could rip the man standing before them apart with her bare hands and probably intended to depending on Vensi's wishes. If she were to commit such a feat, she would need the proper tending--the only tending that could come from a heart of righteousness.

Leo uses Promise on Iris! [+6 HP Recovered]

MP: 24/30

Leo has chosen to seek redemption! [Vice skill set is LOCKED]

VIRTURE: 0/40

"Before you cave this gent's face in, take the light of salvation with you, in case things get nasty. I'm sure that wasn't the only ace up his sleeve," Leo stated with a grin, eyes warily trained on the man that waited so patiently for them to finish clearing out the rubble.

Leo waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:57 pm

Encounter!

-

Iris breaks free of the rubble containing her!

Sparkly heals! +6 HP

-

Enemy Phase

So the monster finally broke free of that mountain of rubble. It doesn't matter, they'll never be able to catch up with the other men. With the vault raided, they'd be able to afford some new equipment. Even if the shrine is a bust they can launch another attack on the palace. A quieter one, perhaps without the need for a distraction. Static in his ear tells him that the other men are already on the way to the shrine now. They'll be there soon. For now he has to deal with not dying to these three. He'll hold them off for now and see how far he can get.

The man under the hood knocks an arrow to his bow and measures the distance between himself and the woman. She looks fast. One...two...three...one more step back and he'll be within his kiting range. He won't be able to kite back again, but once should be enough. For now he waits and empowers his muscles, heating up and ready to go.

??? moves to C-4

??? uses Fire in the Blood! +30% Atk!

Strength of One supercharges the effect! +60% Atk!

-

(w) ( ) ( ) (1) ( ) ( ) (w) C
(w) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (w) D

-

Vensi (Invocation)
EN: 44/50

Iris (Errant)
HP: 16/35

Leo (Arbiter)

??? (1) *FitB*
Atk: 8----13

(x) - Balcony

(w) - Crystal Wall

(d) - Door

Player Phase

Dead or alive for questioning? That was quite the difficult question. Vensi would like to know what these men truly intended to accomplish by attacking the shrine in her father's house. But perhaps just this once she should overindulge in Iris's anger. "There are ways to obtain information from the dead," Vensi says calmly, brushing her nails on her dress. "Do as you will with him, but try not to spill the blood everywhere. Father only just had the floors washed yesterday." There is an open balcony behind them. If Iris could get her hands on the guy she might be able to throw him over it if she really wanted to.

"Hold on a moment," Vensi murmurs, stepping back for just a moment. "Look at him, he's measuring the distance between us. There's no way you can run up to him without becoming a pincushion. Give me just a moment here-" Vensi clutches her hands to her chest and bends over, as if supporting some heavy weight. Her body starts to change, ripping apart, growing dark fur all over her body and growing and growing until her bent form towers over Iris and Leo. She then straightens up and lets out her hands, her form finally fully changed into that of a giant bear the likes of which are not native to this land. Just one of her paws is the size of Iris, but Vensi could still fit through the doorway if she wanted to.

"C'mere," Vensi grunts, reaching out to grab Iris. Her voice is much lower now and does not at all sound feminine. It sounds more like a giant bear would sound if it could talk. Vensi holds back her giant paw, her mittens secure around Iris. "Ready or not, here comes!" Vensi mumbles, then throws Iris with all of her might at the hooded man.

Vensi transforms into a Gigantebar! Atk and Int stats switch! Vensi gains +5 Atk but loses access to MP!

Atk: 12

Vensi moves to J-4

Vensi throws Iris at 1!
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 am

Iris watched Vensi with a stoic face as she transformed into a giant bear before her eyes. Always full of surprises, these people, the thought rang into her head. It was almost hard to believe how she had been fighting an elf in the form of a burning flame lord in the same day. From an average human perspective, this would be quite the sight for a lifetime. As Iris looked over to Leo and wondered what could have possibly been going on through that strange mind of his, she figured that it was most likely an average occurrence to him. Nothing seemed to surprise that bizarre man, and if there was, Iris had not seen it yet.

Vensi grabbed Iris and prepared to throw her at the hooded man, and before Iris could say a word, she was already sent hurdling through the air. Iris curled up and shifted her weight, with her sword held out in front of her, causing her to approach the impact like a bladed wheel. After crashing into the assailant, she stood up and wasted no time in delivering a strike at him. This wasn't her most traditional approach, but it worked just fine.

Iris attacks 1! 8 Atk Dmg!

Iris gains 5 Adrenaline.

The flame-haired spitfire leaned in closer to the hooded man to make sure he could hear her venomous sneers, like a witch whispering a curse upon a lineage. "So do tell me... just what is your escape plan? Surely you must have quite the elaborate getaway conjured in the depths of your little mind if you planned a seemingly foolish attack like this. I'm going to let you know that I really hate having an unfinished battle - and you look like the type to disappoint. So what is it? A smoke satchel? Illusion magic? Or will you have your friends swoop in and pull you away from my grasp? Oh how you must be thinking: 'someone please get this harpy away from me!' Ha. Let me tell you something else. I am hoping beyond hope that you'll be able to get away from me, because you'll give me the pleasure of having a chase. I want you to know that I will hunt you like an animal, across every corner of this world without mercy. There isn't a driving force dead or alive that will ever keep you safe from my desire to dismember you limb from limb. You will do well to remember the name Iris Xildeth, for it is the name of the one who will carry out your inevitable execution. You will know this, and you may tell your cohorts of me, so that they may try to come after me if they so feel inclined to. I'll be waiting. After I strike each and every obstacle down keeping me from you, I will remove the festering disease that is your existence, and I will enjoy it. All. Because. You. Fucked. With. Me."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Leo moves to H4.

"Excuse me, pardon me," Leo said quietly as he squeezed by Vensi who had taken the form of an enormous bear the likes of which he had not seen.  Definitely not an indigenous bear to his hometown that was sure!  Her fur was quite soft for such a ferocious creature.  If they weren't in the heart of battle he might attempt a hug which would likely get him torn asunder but would it be worth it?  Okay, it most likely would not.  That's the worst idea I've come up with to date!  And I have quite the history of bad ideas, he thought to himself as he gauged the distance between himself and Iris.  She was much too far to heal now.

"Iris, with all that hatred, you're making it very hard for the light of righteousness to be in your favor," Leo chimed teasingly though Iris was so fed up with the other man that his words would not likely reach her and if they did she would not care.  She would not care for what was righteous or what was sin.  She had her values and the one she was focused on now was making sure this guy was going to get it.

Leo could appreciate that.

Leo waits.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Wed May 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Encounter!

(w) ( ) ( ) (1) ( ) ( ) (w) C
(w) ( ) ( ) (I) ( ) ( ) (w) D
(w) (w) (w) (L) (w) (w) (w) I
(x) ( ) ( ) (V) ( ) ( ) (x) J
(x) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (x) K

-

Vensi becomes a Gigantebar!

Vensi throws Iris!

Iris lands in D-4

??? takes 3 DMG! (Iris)

-

Enemy Phase

The man beneath the hood staggers back after the blow only to find the woman draw closer and sneer at him. He hadn't expected the elf in the back to transform into such a hideous form and actually throw someone at him. It was not a strategy he's seen many elves employ and it certainly was not expected of Vensi Lanadie, of all elves. He took her for a much prouder creature than this. He ignored the majority of Iris's words, it was only an idle threat coming from someone with blood dripping off her chin and hands.

The man puts some distance between himself and Iris, knowing he can't get away now but also knowing that he won't need to. He raises his bow and takes aim at Iris, twisting the string slightly before releasing, causing the spinning arrow to delve deep into Iris' shoulder.

??? Moves to B-4

??? uses Arrow Thrust on Iris! 18 Atk DMG!

"You can't kill me!" The man laughs, throwing his head up as he barks aloud. "Because of your foolish behavior now you'll only die by my bow and arrow! If you would allow the elves to deceive you then this is what you deserve!"

-

(d) ( ) ( ) (1) ( ) ( ) (d) B
(w) ( ) ( ) (L) ( ) ( ) (w) H

Neutral Phase

Before Vensi or anyone else could respond, one of the doors in the hall bursts open and a young woman leaps out with fire red hair and bedazzling ruby eyes. Her hair is no longer than her chin and her ears are just as round as the other humans in the hall. She is rather slim and wears a blood red archer's vest made of some animal's skin. A quiver filled with multifeather arrows sits on her hip and a giant bow rests in her hands. The weapon is larger than the woman is and appears extremely heavy, but the woman holds it in a single hand without a single hint of effort. Shining ruby eyes immediately find the hooded man fighting with Iris and she plants her bow on the ground, taking aim with an arrow.

"I've finally found you!" The strange woman declares, her eyes turning to anger, "Time to face judgement, Aster!" The arrow this woman looses tears through the air, whistling past Iris and embedding itself deep into the hooded man's gut.

??? appears in F-6

??? uses Arrow Thrust! Hits Aster! 24 Atk DMG!

Aster evades Blood Loss!

-

(d) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) (2) (d) F
(w) ( ) ( ) (L) ( ) ( ) (w) H

Aster's Fire In The Blood has 2 turns.

-

Vensi (Invocation) *Changeling: Gigantebar*
EN: 42/50
Atk: 7----12

Iris (Errant) *Critical*
HP: 3/35
ADR: 21/100

Leo (Arbiter)

Aster (1) *FitB*
HP: 13/35
EN: 36/50
Atk: 8----13

??? (2) *Eagle's Eye**Sniper*
HP: ???/???
EN: ???/???
MP: ??/??
Atk: ?
Def: ?
Int: ?
Spr: ?
Crit: ??
Evade: ??
Move: 4

(x) - Balcony

(w) - Crystal Wall

(d) - Door

Player Phase

Iris is starting to have some serious trouble. Maybe throwing the woman at the hooded man was not the best course of action, but what else could she have done? Just as Vensi was about to go and try amend her mistake, another human woman appears through a door wielding a giant bow. It was strange seeing the human suddenly appear, Vensi should have been able to sense her presence, but even now with the woman in front of them she could not tap into the woman's spirit or sense her. Either this woman is extremely well trained to be able to hide herself, or she isn't real, but judging from the arrow she just shot, this woman is clearly real. She also gave them the name of the assailant.

Vensi moves to I-4

Vensi waits.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue May 10, 2016 2:49 am

"Deceived?" Iris echoed the word back, her face giving a short instance of confusion - and then realization, before shifting back into her eyes of daggers. "No. What a foolish assumption. I wish to see you at the end of my blade simply upon own volition, and I don't need anyone - human, elf, or otherwise to tell me that I just don't like you. Though the surmounting wounds were collecting their due, Iris remained conscious through her drive for the battle. It was an ironic and farcical fact that the one who Iris had promised to face someday in the future to the death, Leo, was assisting in keeping her alive against her newest prey as he did in the fight against Renvari. This recurring matter seemed to tickle at fate's fancy: a wandering warrior caught in the affairs of the conflicting beliefs in which she could not bother to spend a concerning thought. She had no complaints, for what she sought in this jumble of chaos and zealous loquacity would not be found in short supply.

The banquet of carnage and bloodshed, presented and served to her like a feast under a metal cloche. A thinking man would question the motive of his own involvement in this situation, but the taste of the passage of arms was motive enough for Iris. For this, she would drive her body to its last drop of blood and sinew; after the first trifle of sanguinary triumph upon her blade, the life of combat had now become a part of her. The man could boast all he wanted, for his gratuitous confidence would afford him the bravery to tread further into the lion's den. "Were I to cut you in half, would that make you one quarter of a man?" she asked with threatening delivery.

In a second's time, a new guest had arrived to declare her own qualms with the man and voiced them in the form of her own arrow. Iris watched as it plunged into the man's abdominal region and tilted her head to observe his reaction. "It looks like you've met your own match in terms of your craft. Your pride must be in shambles," Iris mocked, ripping out the arrow that was lodged in her own shoulder without so much as a flinch. "At least now you know what it feels like. I didn't quite appreciate it when you did it to me. Hmph, what's with that look? I tire of you staring at me at equal stature, and I think it would be more preferable if you crawled. On the ground, worm."

She then charged, shoulder forward and ramming with thunderous force.

Iris used Topple on 1! 6 Atk Dmg!

Iris gains 5 Adrenaline.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed May 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Leo moves to E4.

Leo uses Promise on Iris! [+6 HP Recovered]

EN: 42/50

MP: 18/30

"A new appearance on the stage?!" Leo gasped as another person arrived on the scene to save Iris from what surely would have been untimely death. The question, however, was whether this person was of virtue or vice? Which side did they play on? Or perhaps they preferred to traipse the realm of grey? They were bound to find out now and Leo was most curious, but he tucked that curiosity away for the time being. Though it appeared as though with the tide turning on the enemy, Iris would be okay, Leo wanted to make sure to seal that assurance in stone and thus doused her in the brilliant light of his virtue.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Encounter!

(w) ( ) ( ) (I) ( ) ( ) (w) C
(w) ( ) ( ) (L) ( ) ( ) (w) E
(w) (w) (w) (V) (w) (w) (w) I

-

Iris restores 6 HP (Leo)

Archer takes 1 DMG! (Iris)

Archer is knocked on the ground!

-

Enemy Phase

"You again!?" Archer shouts before gasping as the arrow strikes his chest. He grips the shaft and nearly pulls it out before stopping himself. Then the other woman rams into him and he feels his body hit the ground. The arrow snaps in his chest and blood splurts out of his mouth. He glares up at his enemies, blood-soaked teeth grit together in anger. "Agh, fuck this!" He groans, throwing his bow away.

Archer waits.

-

Neutral Phase

"Is that all you have to say!?" The woman points her giant bow at the man again, this time shooting four arrows to pin his body to the ground. She ignores his howls of pain as each arrow pierces one of his limbs. The hooks on the end of the arrows clamp down on the ground, digging into the crystal and refusing to budge, however Aster tries to move. He isn't going anywhere.

Lily uses Pin Down on Aster! 16 Atk DMG!

Aster is Pinned!

Aster KO!

"Don't kill him," the woman says, her eyes focused on her captured prey. "I have questions I want answered.

-

Objective Clear!
Victory Soundtrack

Rewards:

Party Experience:
+4 - Aster
+2 - No Player KO
+0 - No items used (no items in inventory)

Total Party Experience: 13/10

Party Level Up!

The HP, MP, and EN of all units has increased!

Vensi: +4 HP; +5 MP; +2 EN

Iris: +5 HP; +4 EN (*Accelerated growth)

*Units without MP gain extra EN per Party Level instead.

Leo: +5 HP; +4 MP; +2 EN

Items Found:
+1 Medpack

Key Items Found:
+1 Evidence of Betrayal

Gold Found: 250

Combat Experience:
+8 - Archer PKO
+4 - Objective Cleared!

Total Combat Experience: +12 (8 until next level [all units])

Please update your profiles, another post shall come shortly.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:30 pm

"You want answers?" Aster coughs and spits blood off to his side. Despite the immense pile of shit he's in, he doesn't seem very worried about it. In the back they could see Vensi's form changing back to her usual appearance. The elven woman walks closer but stops some far distance off to observe. She has no interest in the qualms this strange woman might have with the Aster character, but if anything she knew there was nothing she needed to know. The men below them might still be moving about, but they will have to come straight back through here, unless they had an instrument that could drill through several layers of crystal rock. "Go ahead, Natalia. Ask away."

"That's not my name," the woman spits. She storms her way over to the man and presses her foot against his shoulder. "But it's funny you mention her. Where is she?" The woman presses down on him, causing him to wince.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

The woman pulls back her foot and kicks the side of his face, snapping his jaw out of place. Aster howls again, his eyes clenched shut to bear through the pain. The red-haired woman kneels down and forces his jaw back into place with her hands, followed by more grunts of pain. "I'm not going to ask you again! Where is my Netta?!"

"Don't know; don't care."

The woman screams, turning around to vent out her frustrations before turning back to him. A split second later she raises her boot and slams it down on his throat, killing him. She then backs away and puts her back against the wall, hanging her head. Vensi seizes this opportunity to step forward.

"If I may," Vensi murmurs, stepping closer to Aster's dead body. With magic she causes the body to rise up off the ground. She places her hand on the front of his head, making sure to find a spot not covered in blood, and focuses. A sickly green light glows from her fingertips. Within seconds, she speaks again. "The men storming my father's palace are most certainly searching for the dragon. Unfortunately, this man knows nothing more. Seems like he was merely a pawn." Vensi releases her magic, allowing the man to fall to the ground.

"Those men have to come back up through here, so let's rest up while we can as we wait for our guests, shall we?"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:38 am

"Disappointing," Iris remarked, holding onto her sword as a crutch with the exaction of injury taking surface. Now that the adrenaline had faded, there was nothing to buffer its duplicitous approach. Taking several deep breaths, Iris could eventually feel the pain subsiding into a dull numbness, and at last she could stand again. "I wonder if his friends will provide for better entertainment." Surviving a collapse of crystalline debris was nothing short of a miracle, though it didn't appear to be something that could have been avoided.

No amount of preparation would ever make one insusceptible to err and defeat; such was an indisputable truth of life. A time would perhaps someday come where Iris would fall for good in blood-soaked combat, and it would be up to her and her alone to decide her own regrets. I won't die a knight's death, I know that much for sure, the thought fleeted in her mind. She examined her crimson blade, staring at the steel slaked by the blood, and at her own reflection. Iris became overcome with a morose silence, lost in introspective contemplation and slowly losing attention for the surroundings.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:23 pm

"Ooo this vicious vengeance is putting a damper on my righteousness," Leo shuddered in delight as the archer man met his end at the hands of the woman who had suddenly shown up in the middle of the fight. Apparently the duo had a lot of history, and now the man was just a part of it! There would certainly be no future for him! Leo had to stifle a laugh as he became lost in his thoughts, those of which tainted the light that he had embraced. Focusing, he directed some light towards Iris who seemed to be recovering, but Leo's spell would assist and work wonders on her injuries.

"I'm not one to ignore the elephant in the room," Leo stated slyly, clearly eyeing the archeress that had sought questions from her now deceased enemy. "BUT, may I be so bold as to inquire the identity of one such elephant? Hm? Hmmmmmmmmmm?" It was true she probably wasn't much of a threat to them just due to lack of interest. This woman had her own path to walk and her own troubles to worry about. She did not kill at random. She had lost someone, from what he heard, and it was a shame that this 'Aster' didn't have the answers that she so desperately sought.

An absolute shame indeed.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Vensi places a hand on her hip and frowns slightly. The man she gleaned information from truly knew next to nothing, and the documents he carried on his person only detailed the operation itself. Iris voiced her disappointment in the single enemy, but since there are bound to be far more enemies to come, it should prove to be a more difficult feat. If this woman were to stay and assist them, then cleaning up these infiltrators would be easier. "I wouldn't worry," Vensi tells her. "The coming fight should be an exciting one. I can sense at least five of them. It should prove to be an interesting challenge, if nothing else."

As for the woman leaning against the wall, she spares a glance to Leo. "Call me an elephant one more time and you'll find out how long a human nose can get before getting torn off," she spoke sourly, but considering what has already been said and assumed, she had a reason to be upset. "Official name is Natalia, I chose to be called Lily. Pick whichever you like. This corpse over here is Aster Kedwick, an ex-murderer. My daughter was taken from me, I suspected it was him and chased him all over the world in order to get her back."

Vensi glances to the woman, Lily, and raises an eyebrow. She is quite curious about how she was able to hide her presence so effectively. She's never known a human who was able to do that. But she won't ask, humans are capable of many great things, it isn't much of a surprise. The woman notices Vensi looking at her and sighs, pushing herself off the wall. "Don't worry, I was just leaving," she says. "I have no interest in human or elven affairs and I don't expect any help from anyone, especially your kind." She seemed awfully jaded towards Vensi with that last remark. Shouldering her bow, she makes her path for the exit.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:45 am

"It seems accompanying you would garner the appearance of many contestants that are willing to try themselves against my blade, Vensi," Iris announced, snapping out of her trance. "The life of a noble was far more interesting than I had initially anticipated. Why, I had already reeled upon the precipice of my own near-demise twice in just the span of a few hours. It truly is turning out to be a prosperous and thrilling day." It was impossible to tell whether or not the battle-fervid firebrand was being sarcastic. She didn't concern herself much with the woman that had finished off the assailant, as the woman showed no apparent interest in making herself the next opponent - nor was there any feasible reason to. Iris had not even gone as far as directing a glimpse as the woman made her way to the exit.

Iris then turned towards the direction of the other end of the hall, wondering when Aster's friends would entertain them. "Perhaps we should set a little trap for them; maybe drop the ceiling on them as they arrive and see how they like it." An idea proposed with bitterness. "Or perhaps we could mount the body of their deceased collaborator upon a wooden frame and parade it around like a common scarecrow to set an example. After all, they went through so much trouble to accommodate us and I feel it would be an utter shame not to return the favor.
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:58 pm

Leo brushed off his clothes and straightened them as if he had just been physically handled and released even though the stranger, Lily, had not touched him at all. Her words were piercing though. This woman was rather foul. She had lost something great but she had chosen to walk the path to retrieve it alone. If that's the way she wanted it, then there was nothing more to say.

"I wish you luck, Lily, whether you believe in luck or not," Leo called out to the woman as she sought the exit, and then said nothing more to her. Instead, he merely shuddered at all of Iris's ideas. They were both horrendous and fascinating at the same time! Horrendous for the soon-to-enemies on their way up and fascinating for him! Desecrating the body was such a tempting idea. Why was evil so tempting??? He went over to the recently deceased Aster and picked him up.

"Why don't we ask the mastermind ourselves! Well, even though he turned out to be just a lowly pawn, boo hoo," Leo chided and laughed hysterically. Leo put a finger to the man's lower lip. "What do you think, Aster? Of Iris's ideas?"

"Uuuuh, duuuurrr, the scarecrow one seems like a fine idea. I've always wanted to, uh, be a scarecrow! Lifelong dream, ya know?" Leo moved the dead man's lips, mocking his voice and making it sound tremendously more stupid than he actually did.

"See? Let's make his dream come true!"
Masquerade
Masquerade
Eternal Dreamer
Eternal Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next