Eternal Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heritage

3 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Heritage - Page 5 Empty Re: Heritage

Post by Gist Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Daniel took the coupon from Mishka, and it indeed read "First visit is free!" on the slip. Huh. "I'm not sure how you can have the time of day, but if it works for you, man..." His stomach growled, making him look towards the establishment. The smells were becoming more enticing by the second. "Meeting people isn't the first thing I like to accomplish, but it can be nice from time to time." Mishka then explained what Freya was up to, which kind of resonated within Daniel. Aside from Sam, whom he hardly interacted with recently, he didn't really have any friends. Damn.

Daniel's insides felt chilly as he realized how sad his life actually was. Mishka nervously laughed as he must have realized that Daniel didn't have any friends to speak of. Thankfully, he was polite enough to quickly change the subject, and Daniel gratefully followed Mishka inside the joint. Western music and decorations filled his view as he tried to take everything in at once. Had he never been here before? This place didn't seem to ring a bell; it was if he wasn't even in the same city anymore.

As enthralling as all the food was, Daniel was interrupted by a rather twangy accent. The owner of this place, Alonzo Lanfield, introduced himself to Daniel. "That he did, Mr. Lanfield. It was very nice of him." He nodded to Mishka, then quickly looked across the selection of meats. "What do you recommend? I don't have any preferences."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:50 pm

{Daniel}

"What do I recommend?" Alonzo repeated, letting off a small laugh of amusement. "I recommend everythin'! But you can never go wrong with a plate of steak, or a set of my baby back ribs. I don't actually mean my own ribs from my own body of course, I meant the pork kind - you get the idea. Everything's served with my famous barbecue sauce, and it's all made-to-order. Yessir, you'll find that my meat just can't be beat." Laughter could be heard from the customer line. "NOW WHY'S EVERYTIME I SAY THAT, Y'ALL START LAUGHING LIKE A BUNCHA HOOLIGANS?!" Mishka grabbed a plate, and set it to Alonzo.

"Mishka take dinner break now," he said happily, licking his lips.

"What'll it be, pardner?" Alonzo shot back.

"Everything!"

"The whole smorgasbord it is," Alonzo nodded, his hands working fast to pile up Mishka's plate. He would then face Daniel again. "What about you, cowboy? You all decided yet?"

"Do not worry, comrade Daniel. Mishka will eat what you do not finish."

"Hey, no sharin'!" Alonzo barked.

---

{Sariska}

"Is she... is she always like that?" Alicia whispered over to Aurora.

"I'm not quite sure," Aurora responded. "I've only met her yesterday." She then swiped through her tablet and relayed back the message she got from this "Sicily" girl. "She says we can stop on by her apartment in Hastel as soon as possible. The address is at 338 Red Eden. I can pull up the directions."

"Isn't that right over from where all those murders happened?" Alicia asked.

"Yes it is."

"Cool! Let's go!"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Daniel laughed along with Alonzo's reference to show that he knew what the owner was getting at. "Yeah, I get what you mean, haha." When Alonzo commented about beating meat, that did solicit a hearty chuckle out of him. Immature? Sure, but it was still funny. He sighed as Mishka got ready to eat with him. He looked ravenous - almost scary... but then, that was just in his nature. Daniel wasn't sure if he thought it was wise to cross a Beastefolk like Mishka, especially with how wimpy he was.

The smells of all the meats started to meld together as Alonzo piled food high on Mishka's plate. "Well," Daniel began, "those ribs you mentioned sound pretty tasty. I think I'll take a half order of those, if you wouldn't mind." Daniel's stomach growled again in anticipation. Though, something else was buzzing around in the back of his head. "Say, Mr. Lanfield. You wouldn't happen to know an Eric Lanfield, would you? Call me suspicious, but the same last name says a lot in a city like this."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:29 pm

"Shotgun!" Chloe called. Sariska rolled her eyes and led the group out of the building and to her car. The shanty wagon was large enough to fit all four of them neatly with a place for Sariska's belongings in the backseat. Sariska almost thought of going back to the apartment anyway, just so she could protect her custom guitar. The last thing she needed was to have her father's gift stolen from her.

"We're heading back to my apartment anyway," Sariska decided. "Let Sicily know we'll be a little late. If someone jacks the car I don't want my guitar in here. I'd rather we meet at a diner or something, I can review a recording just fine with some headphones." But that wasn't the way things went. If Sicily turned out to be a dud or a trap and it came to a fight, Sariska wouldn't mind knocking a few guys out. A part of her wished Chloe didn't turn to pacifism. Another part of her felt relieved by it. It was a strange relationship.

To the apartment, drop off the stuff, then head into the Hastel District. Murder scene or no, Sariska would do almost anything to be a part of this Battle of the Bands, especially now that they were so close to qualifying.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:52 am

{Daniel}

"You get a first free meal and you only want a half set o' ribs?" Alonzo questioned, exhaling one small breath in dry amusement. "Whatever you say, boss." With a skillful flip, Alonzo handled a cleaver as he divvied Daniel's portion of ribs. He drizzled on the barbecue sauce and passed Daniel his plate. "Y'all enjoy now."

"You should eat more," Mishka suggested. "Grow big and strong like Mishka!" As the Beastfolke and Daniel walked to take their seats, Daniel would raise the question of Eric Lanfield.

"Eric? You know my boy?" Alonzo asked. "Haven't heard from him since he left for the police academy. All those days playin' sheriff have gotten to his head. Feh. Give that boy a gun and a badge and he thinks he's king of the west. I know my boy like I know the tail feathers of last night's turkey dinner - and if I still got my smarts about me, he's fixin' to get himself killed doin' somethin' stupid 'n' reckless one o' these days. Should be here runnin' the restaurant and carryin' on the family business, just like how my pappy done raised me. How is the young buck, anyway?"

---

{Sariska}

Music: Shootin' The Breeze
Spoiler:

Alicia and Aurora got in the back seats as Sariska decided they would first head back to Blue Avalon. The time in driving was spent for Aurora and Alicia to talk to each other. "Y'know what's funny?" Alicia started.

"I've mostly studied music, so I wouldn't be an expert in the comedic field. I'm not exactly apt in knowing the mechanics and fundamentals involved in how to distinguish what one would find humorous, and due to subjective tastes, what one considers funny would vary from person to pers-"

"Ohmygodgirlshutup. You took that way too literally. Usually when people ask 'Y'know what's funny', you're just supposed to say 'what' and then they tell you. Let's try that again. Hey Aurora, do you know what's funny?"

"What and then they tell you."

"Ohhhhh my gaaaaaaawd. No. Just the 'what' part."

"I am very confused."

"Never mind! Let me just rephrase. Hey Aurora! You wanna know what I've noticed recently?"

"Not in particular, no-"

"WELL SINCE YOU ASKED SO NICELY, I'M GONNA TELL YOU. You ever notice that Blue Avalon lies in the Common Residential district? Like, that's the actual name of the district and yet, it's not where everyone in the city lives. I mean, there are just as many houses and apartments in Hastel and Yisten, but only this district doesn't really have an official name. It's just... 'Common Residential'. And technically, places like Xacshire Park and Milo's Cafe are within its bounds and are part of the district... but nobody 'resides' in them as a home. Well... maybe the hobos I see sometimes at Xacshire, but I don't really count them."

"Was... that it?"

"Well... yeah."

"That wasn't really funny."

"I DIDN'T MEAN IT AS A JOKE, OKAY? IT WAS JUST SOMETHING I FOUND WEIRD."

"That explains why there wasn't a punchline."

Sariska and her company would arrive back at the apartments where Sariska could bring in her belongings. Aurora helped carry in the equipment while Alicia stayed put in the car. When they were finished, the group would set off for Hastel. This time, Aurora would start a topic for the car ride while pulling up directions on her tablet to Red Eden. "Miss Alicia, what exactly do you know about Hastel and the incidents that happened recently?"

"You've never been in Hastel?"

"I never had a reason to. I've only been as far as Lunaveil Studios coming in from Commute Road."

"Well I only know what everyone else on the Exaboards knows," Alicia responded. "Hastel's always been littered with gang activity, mainly because the district leads straight out to the road heading to Paragon City - which as we all know, was condemned after the state of emergency was declared. Lotta folks moved to Hastel and unfortunately brought some of the crime with them."

"Make a right turn here, Miss Star."

"Winddrift started getting gangs and even rumors of higher organized mafias have sprouted about. Used to be most of the violence around Hastel was just about turf wars, but the murder cases are something else. There have been two ways the police find the crime scenes. One: all the victims are all shot up, or two: they've been sliced up. In the cases where the neighbors hear gunfire, people say they see about three people leaving the aftermath."

"Left turn here, Miss Star."

"Thing is, nobody has a clue on who is responsible for the victims that get hacked to bits. Locals say it's karmic revenge on the gangs for all the bloodshed, and lately, a lot of the gangs have been scared stiff. I'd bet we won't run into any night stragglers."

"You must spend an awful lot of time researching this kind of subject."

"I get pretty bored when I'm not practicing."

And thus, they had reached the Red Eden apartments. The Hastel District earned every bit of its reputation by how it looked alone. Dilapidated and run-down housing lined its streets, with even the trees wilting to a droop on the tainted soil. An abandoned factory peeked out in the distance, undoubtedly the site of many criminal dealings. A doberman chained to a post barked out at the girls, as if the setting couldn't be any more clichéd by nature. Alicia was right at least, in the regard that there were no gangsters about - and if the killers only targeted the gangs, then the girls were safe. Relatively safe, anyway.

Aurora pointed ahead at one of the apartment buildings. "Miss Sicily should be in that building. Third floor, eighth door."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:30 pm

The drive wasn't bad at least. Took a little long, but Sariska was glad to be out of the car when they finally pulled into Red Eden. Chloe stretched her limbs out and gave a massive yawn louder than the dog's barking. "Oh shut up!" Chloe snapped at the dog. It didn't stop barking at them. Sariska wasn't sure what her sister expected. "Stupid dog."

"Easy there, kitty," Sariska said. Chloe hissed at her but Sariska was already ignoring Chloe at that point. "This place is a goddamned dump. Kinda ironic it would be named after the garden of paradise."

"It's Red Eden though. Maybe the red symbolizes blood? OR maybe it doesn't mean a goddamned thing." Sariska laughed. "I'm serious, Star, this place gives me the creeps. Lets just give this girl a hello, listen to what she has to say, and get the hell out of here."

Sariska locked her car and led the way up the stairs. Third floor, eight doors down. Sariska checked to make sure everyone else was here before knocking on the door. She took a step back in case something unsavory came out and put her hand in her pocket where her knife was. It felt wrong, but she wanted to at least be prepared for the worst.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:50 pm

"Well," Daniel began in a polite tone, "I don't want to get too much and then have a lot of food go to waste. I'm very thankful that Mishka made sure I didn't starve tonight." The half-rack of ribs was slid his way and he nodded at the two men before pulling bones from the meat. It smelled succulent, as if it had just been pulled from the smoker. Daniel pulled a section from the meat and took a bite. It tasted even better than it smelled, though he could hardly believe it. How was this place not something everyone was talking about on the boards? This place was a gem!

All was fine and dandy until Alonzo mentioned that Eric was his son. Uh oh, I may have struck a nerve... Daniel listened and somberly nodded as Alonzo's concern for Eric showed through in his voice. Damn, he hadn't even thought about his own parents or brother that he had left back home. When was the last time he even tried to call them? Regret was rolling through his head, but it was quickly quashed when Mishka spoke again, breaking the inner turmoil. Daniel was slightly disappointed that he was interrupted from eating the delicious rack of ribs in front of him.

"He was alright last time I saw him. I was late to work yesterday morning because of this weird crash site I ran into, completely blocking traffic. Sergeant Kaylfri got Eric to take me home. We spoke for a bit on the way. I believe he actually lives pretty close to me, now that I think about it. Police work seems pretty dangerous..." Daniel sympathized with Alonzo, hopefully covering his misstep. "I'm not sure I'd have the spine to do anything like that. Eric's really brave."

Before he realized it, the half-order of ribs that he had started with was gone, the plate even mostly clear of sauce. "Aw, what a shame. It's all gone. You're right, Mishka, I should've ordered more!" With the subject diverted, Daniel chuckled and leaned back in his seat. The food was really good, he'd need to keep this place in mind if he wanted to get something later.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:37 am

{Daniel}

Mishka lifted his head from engorging himself on his plate and looked up at Daniel. "Mishka told Daniel!" he laughed. Alonzo was still on the topic of his son.

"Brave and reckless ain't exactly what I'd call a blue-ribbon recipe," he said while still serving the line of customers. "Next time you see him, do me a favor an' tell him to give the restaurant another thought." Mishka finished his entire feast and leaned back in his chair with a satisfied sigh. Strangely enough, he hadn't said anything about Duple Corp or mentioned anything about their supposed practices. Maybe he knew what would happen if he tried to convince Daniel.

"If you want any more," Alonzo called out. "I'm afraid I'd have to charge ya for seconds. Rules are rules, and ya only get the first one free. I'd be more than obliged to hand you a menu if you're up for more."

>Order more
>Don't order more

---

{Sariska}

"This place didn't always look like this, though," Alicia remarked. "In fact, Hastel had a rep for being the most scenic district in Winddrift before all this happened." The group lined up at the door, and a feminine voice called back in response.

"Who is it?" the voice asked.

"It's Aurora from the Exaboards," Aurora would answer, remaining unperturbed. "I've come with the members of the band. Are you Sicily Ambrose?" The sounds of the door's locks clicked as the deadbolts were being unlocked. The smell of cheap tiger's blood incense leaked out when the door cracked, and the group was beckoned inside.

"Come in," the voice invited them.

Music: Bloody Whispers
Spoiler:

The inside of the apartment was just as befitting as the Hastel District would suggest; the tiling was worn down and cracked. The walls were peeling off with several sections having the bare frame of the apartment exposed. The windows had iron bars installed on them, while the working lights flickered dimly and let off an annoying hum. A black tapestry rug was spread across the living room as to cover the damaged flooring, and a plasma screen television hung on the wall, supported by a stand. A game console was set up on a coffee table and connected to the television with the cartridge reading "Starscaped Voyage". On the red velvet sofa was a man passed out who was drooling in his sleep.

Sicily stood before the girls, a young woman about Aurora's age. Her hair was as red as Gabriela's, though Sicily's was very wavy and disheveled. The untamed strands weaved and curled down to her shoulders, with a single lock resting between her scarlet eyes. Her clothes were very fashionable and luxuriant. Too luxuriant for someone living in a neighborhood like Red Eden. Sicily wore a leather vest over her white blouse, with two belts fastened over the left sleeve. Her black skirt matched her vest with the entire ensemble made complete with a pair of fingerless gloves and a sharp tie. She stepped back and allowed Sariska and her friends to come in.

"I am Aurora Emblyne, as you already know, Miss Sicily," Aurora introduced herself formally. "With me are Sariska and Chloe Eternal, and Alicia Chen."

"Yeah, yeah, nice to meet you and all that shit. Don't mind my roommate, his ass is almost always knocked the fuck out. Dude can sleep through an entire elephant stampede," Sicily said, walking over to the kitchen and fetching herself a can of beer. "So... you guys bring any blow?"

"Excuse me?" Aurora asked, not knowing what she meant.

"You know..." Sicily pressed a finger against her nostril and made a deep inhale.

"Uhhh... no?" Alicia responded, signs of worry surfacing in her voice. "We don't do that... at least I don't."

"Shit. And I thought you guys were a band. You didn't bring any cute guys over either? Fuuuuck."

"We came here because we needed a drummer for the upcoming Battle of the Bands event."

"Oh yeah. That. Yeah, I'm down."

"We kinda have to see you play first. You know, before we let you in the band."

"Didn't you watch my demo videos? Fuckin' nobody styles on those bad boys like I do."

"It's a matter of principle, Miss Sicily. We would much rather have a live demonstration."

"Fiiiiiine. It's just that my drum kit takes a fuckload of space, and it's a pain in the ass to assemble and take apart every time. Wait here," she said, dropping her purse onto the coffee table and heading back into her room. "You guys can come in when I finish setting it up."

"So... she seems... nice," Alicia said nervously, looking back at the others.

"She was the only drummer I could find that had listed experience," Aurora explained. "I don't think we would have enough time to find someone else and rehearse before the competition."

"Yeah well, at least we don't have to live here with her or anything."

"That would be correct. We only require her to meet up with us and play."

"Now that you mention it, yeah. Ha ha, that's a relief. For a second there I thought we were gonna get dragged into some kind of drug war."

"Umm... I know this is off-topic, but what does a pregnancy test look like?" Aurora asked, glancing over at Sicily's purse.

"Should be like a white stick with blue lines on it, why?"

"Okay, so this is most certainly a gun then," Aurora responded, pulling out a loaded revolver from Sicily's purse.

"Whaaaaaaaaaat the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, Aurora," Alicia's voice winded from the back of her throat, trying her best to keep herself at a whisper.

"W-What do I do?" Aurora began to panic.

"Just... put it back! Ohmygodohmygodohmygod. PutitbackAurorajustputitback."

Aurora stashed the gun back into the purse and wiped her hands against Alicia's coat in case of any certain residue.

"Aaaaaagh, why did you wipe your hands on my jacket?"

"Mine is nicer and I don't want to dirty it."

"Ugh!"

Sicily's voice could then be heard from her room. "Alright, it's all set up. You guys ready to hear me play?" Alicia looked over to Sariska.

"Do we really want to go through with this? It's not too late to just make a break for it, you know!"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:03 am

What a dump, Sariska thought. Sicily was nice enough, she supposed, but the whole drug thing might be an issue. When Sicily left to go prepare her drumset she turned to face the others. A gun too - so the girl knew she had to defend herself. Crude, but in this neighborhood it was almost necessary. If it came down to it, Sariska knew how to disarm dangerous people. "She's got good style, at least," she said. Chloe gave her a look. "What?"

"You can't honestly be considering this girl."

"Why shouldn't I? So she grew up in a dump, lives in a dump, goes to school in a dump, that doesn't mean she's trashy. Given the proper influence and tools, I think she could flourish. Like a flower."

"More like a mushroom," Chloe mumbled.

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

"No, Star."

Sicily came back not too much later. She was ready to perform for them. Sariska listened to the demo tracks in the car, but now she would be able to see what a live performance would be from this girl. Unless some of the others got cold feet and left.

"I thought you wanted to play in the Battle of the Bands more than any of us?" Sariska raised her eyebrows at Alice and turned her smile to Sicily. "Lets hear some magic."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:35 am

"As much as I'd like to get more, I probably shouldn't." Daniel chuckled and pushed the empty plate away. Truth be told, he could probably eat as much as Mishka if he put his mind to it, but given his sedentary job, that probably wouldn't do wonders for his figure. Women weren't a fan of fat, at least, none that he knew of. His stomach growled again as he listened to Alonzo's last lamentations about Eric. "If I do see Eric again, I'll be sure to pass the message along." There was regret about bringing up Eric at all, but perhaps it would prove for conversation fodder if he saw Eric again.

>Don't order more.

Daniel slid his chair back and stretched. "Thank you gentlemen again for the meal; it was absolutely wonderful. I'm afraid I need to start heading home, though, it's getting late. You both take care." Nodding to them, he stood up, turned, and walked out of the Western restaurant. Contrary to what he had told the men, though, he wasn't thinking of going home just yet. After all, the night had just started, and it wasn't like he actually needed any sleep to be able to do his job well anymore. His mind returned to the failed conversation he had with Mia and the boards post about the Ivory Palace he had read after work.

On an impulse, he started a trek on foot towards the Yisten District. It would be good to have a change of scenery for once, as well as a drink or two.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:14 pm

{Daniel}

-Alonzo's social profile added

"Until next time, tovarich!" Mishka laughed, waving to Daniel.

"Y'all come back now, ya hear?" Alonzo added. Daniel would head out, deciding to visit the Yisten District. Yisten was known to be Winddrift's most high-end district, famous for all the five-star restaurants, casinos, arcades, nightclubs, and bars. Most of Winddrift only came to the district for pleasure, as those who could actually afford to live in Yisten were among the wealthiest in the city. One of those people was Kevin Shoemaker, Daniel's former boss.

The lights, the atmosphere, and the people - the Yisten District was a world almost too surreal to exist, a wonder in its own right. Daniel would set foot into this phantasmagoria of a wonderland, and he would be wary or he would lose himself forever in the magic of Yisten. A woman wearing a fur-trim dress and violet hair sat at an outdoor cafe, taking notice of Daniel as he walked by. "And what do we have here?" she cooed, taking a sip from her cup and placing it back down on the saucer. She eyed Daniel's clothes and scoffed.

"You seem to be lost, young man. Or perhaps, are you part of the help?"
---

{Sariska}

-Sicily's social profile added

Alicia stood her ground. She had stuck by too long to back out now, even if she had just met Sariska only a few hours ago. She would have to kick her suspicions and give this Sicily the benefit of the doubt if she still wanted in. Alicia would give Sariska a nod and follow along as the girls entered Sicily's room. The room itself was in a similar shape to the rest of the apartment, though Sicily seemed to make best of what she could. A single bed with a red feather sheet was set by the window, with the wall behind it almost covered entirely with band posters. A purpleheart wood armoire was placed by a closet, while Sicily's drum kit had been set up in what modest open space remained. She would tap her drumsticks together and count in.

"Three, two, one!"

Music: Sicily's Drum Solo
Spoiler:

Every thump and knock of the pedals, and every strike of the cymbals would send a percussion of provocative air - pulse that would spark energy to Sicily's audience. Sicily started slow before she sped her tempo, easing her listeners in before she went wild. She twirled her drumsticks between the alternating rhythms and delivered a performance that could almost be felt on the skin. Her roommate still remained out cold despite the noise, proving Sicily's remark about him earlier, and soon she finished her demonstration.

"So... good enough for ya?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Daniel eventually wandered into the wonderland that was the Yisten District. Even though he had been there occasionally in the past, it never ceased to amaze him just how different it was from the rest of the city - like the crown jewel among the ruckus. "Wow..." Daniel couldn't help but be awestruck as he took in the sights this part of the city had to offer. Mia really works here. Damn, must be nice. He wandered for a bit in what he believed to be the direction of the Ivory Palace (though in reality he had no clue), just enjoying the sights and reminiscing on those delicious ribs.

As he was about to pull out his phone and look for directions, a sultry voice caught his attention. He turned towards an outdoor cafe that he probably couldn't afford and saw that the holder of that voice had purple hair and wore an extravagant fur coat. Just being in her presence made him feel underdressed. He wasn't aware that he actually needed to look above average just to go to a bar. Then again, perhaps the Ivory Palace had its name for a reason.

Then the woman actually scoffed at him. Well, shit. He already felt like he was complete garbage, now someone else did, too. He debated on just leaving and avoiding further contact with this person, but it would be rude to just ignore her. "I'm not lost," Daniel began in a submissive tone, "I'm just here because I couldn't sleep. I figured I'd walk until I'm ready to head home. Besides, what's someone like you doing talking to someone like me? We basically live on different planets, you and I."

Daniel crossed his arms and leaned away, trying to just keep his nose clear of conflict. He didn't expect to be confronted by someone who lived here just because he was walking on the street. "I'm not here to help anyone, I'm just visiting. That said, I should be going. I don't think you should waste your time with an ordinary guy like me."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:35 pm

"Alright, you're hired," Sariska said. That was easy enough, she was worried this might not actually turn out that well. But with the amount of talent that the three of them had preparing for the Battle of the Bands would be much easier. "That is to say, welcome aboard the Starbound Train."

"Ugh." Chloe's grunt of discontent was clear enough.

"No good?" Sariska frowned and rubbed her chin. "My old band was called the Little Stars, you weren't grunting at that one."

"I didn't grunt at that one because if I did Tammy would've disowned me."

"She wasn't family."

"That isn't the point, sis. You've got like a dozen talents, you're amazing at all of them, but your naming sense is just downright terrible."

"And I suppose you can do better?"

"The talent here isn't bad, but I really do miss having Amber around. She would have given you a really good name."

"She never complained about the band name before?"

"Pfft. Not to you."

"Huh. I feel oddly disappointed now." Sariska glanced around at the others. She was Star, so it would only make sense to use other celestial terms for the rest of the band, right? Was that too cheesy? That might be a little to cheesy. "Oh whatever. If anyone else has a band name suggestion I'm all ears. For now we should find a place to practice. I have a movie shooting to go to tomorrow and I don't know when it will be yet. I'd like to get as much practicing done as I can, but," She paused. "I'm actually really hungry. Lets go get something to eat, yeah? Aurora, find a good place we can all sit down at, preferably outside the district."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:33 pm

{Daniel}

The woman merely took another sip from her cup and waved Daniel off, not to intrude on whatever business he had in the district. Daniel would continue along his way, and the Exanet GPS would indicate that Ivory Palace was a building in the side of an alleyway of all places, away from the prying crowd. Perhaps the random section of the Exaboards were right in calling it a "hipster bar", there's no way anyone would really find the place if they didn't already know about it or actively looked for it.

Music: "Welcome To The Joint"
Spoiler:

For a business in the Yisten District, it wasn't extravagantly decorated with all the fancy flashing lights or had a large stone fountain in the front. Just a simple neon sign over a brick wall and wooden door that read "Ivory Palace". The inside had a very cozy atmosphere, much like Milo's Cafe, only thematically opposite in its colors. Dark wood panelings made the floors, and the walls were a sleek purple. Booths and tables were arranged through the bar, with an array of hanging lights centered in the ceiling. Mia was behind the counter, with shelves of stocked liquor placed on display. A large, portly woman was in front of Daniel and made her way to Mia first.

"Welcome to the Ivory Palace, what can I get for you?" Mia asked, giving the standard employee greeting.

"Ah yes, I'll have a glass of your finest St. Safira's Blue Ale, served chilled and a plate of caviar. On the double," the woman ordered in a boisterous and haughty voice.

"We don't have any of that," Mia snickered.

"Are you certain? Did you check the back?"

"I've worked here long enough to know we don't nor will we ever have whatever it was you just wanted."

"Well! What kind of lowbrow establishment does not even carry a bottle of Sr. Safira's Blue Ale?! Your management should be ashamed!"

"What you see on the menu is what we have, lady," Mia responded, nonchalantly checking her nails.

"Such nerve! You best show some respect young lady! Do you even know who I am? I hail from one of the wealthiest families in this country!"

"Tch, I bet you could eat enough for a whole family alright."

"EXCUSE ME?! What are you implying?!"

"I'm implying you could benchpress a mountain with those lunchbox hands of yours, what do you think?" Mia snapped back, starting to lose her temper.

"How dare you say such things to my face!"

"I'd say it behind your back, but my car's only got half a tank of gas!"

"GRRR! I'M TAKING MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE, WHERE I'LL BE SHOWN THE PROPER RESPECT."

"YOU SHOULD TRY THE MOON, YOU'LL WEIGH LESS THERE. OR IF YOU'D PREFER, THE WHALE EXHIBIT AT THE AQUARIUM IS ONLY TWO BLOCKS DOWN FROM HERE."

The woman fumed and marched angrily past Daniel and out of the Ivory Palace, slamming the door behind her. A large man dressed in a suit came in from the back to see what was going on. "Whoa, whoa, Mia. What was that all about?"

"Sorry Raul," Mia sighed. "I know I usually have this under control, but I haven't had my smoke today and I heard my sister was in town..."

"Take it easy there, kiddo," Raul said, trying to calm her down. "Why don'tcha take five out back? Get your smoke, and come back in when you've cooled down?"

"Ugh, it's just... I've been trying to quit the cigarettes."

"Ha? You? You once told me breakfast to you was a smoke and a coffee. Where's this comin' from?"

"I've been trying to kick my bad habits lately, and it's not really going well."

"Well take five anyway. Little fresh air will do you good. Then come back in, I'll cover while you're out."

"Alright, thanks, Raul."

"No problem, it's my job to look out for you all."

Mia exited through the back door to take her break, while Raul welcomed Daniel in with a smile. "Hey there! Welcome to the Ivory Palace, what can I get this fine gentleman today?"
---

{Sariska}

The rest of the girls shrugged at any suggestions for a band name, as none of them could come up with a fitting one. Sicily let out a laugh as Sariska mentioned she wanted to eat outside of Hastel. "Guess 'Rat Bastard Tony's' is out of the question then." Meanwhile, Aurora flipped through Exanet's GPS to find a suitable restaurant.

"I assume you don't want anything in Yisten due to the price range and the fact that we just came from there," Aurora said, eyes fixed on her tablet."There is a place near Blue Avalon called Milo's Cafe. Their pancakes and coffee have nothing but good reviews about them. There's also Alonzo's Barbecue Pit along Commute Road. They are currently doing a promotion where first time customers get a free meal. Aside from that, there are some other sit-in places like Winddrift Sushi Bar & Grill, Inferno Burger, and Lao's Noodle Shop."

"I probably won't be getting anything," Alicia added. "Just had a plate of sushi earlier when we were at the Ocean's Pearl. I'll still tag along, though."
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:45 pm

Daniel was relieved when the woman didn't go for any further conflict and let him go. He rushed away to safety, pulling out his phone and looking for directions towards the Ivory Palace. It took a little while, but he arrived in front of the establishment, feeling a bit disappointed. Just a neon sign and a wooden door marked it from the rest of the wall. Compared to everything else he had seen in the district, this was quite underwhelming. Well, I guess this more fits Mia's style, anyhow. He pocketed his phone and went inside.

The inside was also less than exciting. It all kind of reminded Daniel of Milo's Cafe with how the colors were arranged. This was more in line with what he was comfortable with anyway, this was fine. Electric house music pulsed through the bar, which reminded him of the Cat's Eye in a way. It wasn't completely his style, but Daniel wasn't completely off-put, either. He spotted Mia tending the bar, but there was a woman in front of him that got to her first. Trying to avoid contact, Daniel took a seat a few stools over from where the woman sat.

Daniel tried not to eavesdrop, but the volume of the conversation Mia and the portly woman were having was steadily increasing with no sign of stopping. Eventually, the women started yelling at each other. Daniel considered leaving, but the woman Mia had been arguing with stormed out of the bar in a fit of rage, leaving him pinned in his seat. It'd probably be best not to cross her path. There was a small exchange between Mia and who appeared to be her manager. Mia left through the backdoor Daniel could see, and the manager, Raul, came to greet him.

He debated bringing Mia up, but decided against it. After all, he didn't do so well with her when he got to Blue Avalon after work, and she didn't seem in the best of moods. Daniel returned Raul's smile. "What have you got on tap? I'm just here to wet my throat."
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:00 pm

"Hm..." Sariska went deep into thought. If she and Chloe were going to be the only ones eating, then it might be better just to go home. Although even if Alice ate something, it doesn't mean the other two might not want anything. "I think we'll go to-"

"Alonzo's BBQ Pit!" Chloe cheered. Sariska glared at her sister. "What? Dude, did you even listen to what Aurora said? Free food for first time visitors. How can you pass up free spare ribs? Or a filet mignon? Mmm...I'd love to just tear into some real meat. Sauce dripping down my mouth as the warm, tender, juicy chunk of flesh just falls apart on my ton-"

"Alright, I get it!" Sariska's face was beet red by the time she interrupted. "We'll go to the barbecue place. Just....stop that. Jeez, if mother could hear you talk like that she'd have a heart attack."

"What?" Chloe was the picture of innocence. "I'm not sure what you're on about big sister, I was only describing the tantalizing taste of having a big, thick piece of meat in my mouth."

Sariska shuddered. "Let's just go before my ears fall off."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:40 pm

{Daniel}

Music: My Main Man, Raul
Spoiler:

"Well my friend, we carry all the local brands plus a few imports if you're looking for just beer," the swarthy bartender pointed to the built-in beer faucets. "We got Tiger Stripes, Laughing Moon, Laughing Moon Light, Cobra Venom, Summer Rose, All Aces, and Devil's Blood." Raul grabbed a cloth rag and wiped the counter clean, giving it a good once-over. "Why don't I get you started?" Raul suggested, grabbing a mug from the counter's cabinet. "You look like you'd enjoy a nice pint of Laughing Moon. Tastes better straight from the tap than in the can, take it from me."

Raul placed the mug beneath a crescent moon shaped tap and filled it, sliding it over to Daniel. The beer itself was an unusual blue color and without foam, looking more like a scientist's concoction than a beverage. Raul smiled and looked at Daniel. "Go ahead, this one's on the house." Laughing Moon was known to have a sweet flavor to it, while having a minty aftertaste. "So then," Raul went on. "What brings a fella like you to Yisten tonight?"
---

{Sariska}

Alicia rolled her eyes at the seemingly involuntary innuendos that Chloe was making, while Sicily snickered under her breath. "I could use some grub," Sicily mentioned. "Though I really think you're missing out if you're passing on Rat Bastard Tony's. Best pizzeria up in this joint."

"I don't think I want to eat at a restaurant that has the word 'rat' in its name. It can't be good for business," Alicia protested. "Are all eateries in Hastel like that?"

"You'd be surprised," Sicily replied. "Lot of people in Hastel think they're real hard, so places with the grosser sounding names often get more traffic. If you were a thug, wouldn't you want to eat at a place like the Sludge Shack?"

"Uh... no?"

"Herpes Harry's?"

"Ew!"

"Ha ha! Okay, I made that one up. I think this whole band thing is gonna work out. You guys seem like some swell folks. Anyway, I'm starvin'. Let's roll."

The group of five headed out to Sariska's car which somehow remained unscathed the entire time. Alicia, Aurora, and Sicily squeezed into the back. The space did not accommodate their arrangement well. "Hey uh... Aurora, right?" Sicily began, twisting and squirming in her seat.

"Yes?" Aurora responded back.

"Can you like... move your tits or something? I feel like those sweater melons are gonna suffocate me halfway through this ride."

"I see, this is quite the dilemma."

"Here, why don't you switch places and have 'Chinglish' sit in the middle? She's got plenty of sizes under you."

"I don't even know where to begin with what you just said," Alicia snapped back.

"Perhaps it would be best if I did take the other window seat."

Alicia and Aurora stepped out of the car and swapped places, and then the car was off. Aurora would punch in the directions to Alonzo's Barbecue Pit for Sariska to follow. My name's Alicia, by the way," Alicia made sure to get across. "If you're gonna be in this band, you should at least know our names. Alicia. Not 'Chinglish', or 'Jhurk Wodd'. Just Alicia."

"Well alright, shit," Sicily conceded. "While we're on the subject, I didn't quite catch you two up front."

"That is Miss Sariska and her younger sister Chloe," Aurora introduced. "Though Miss Sariska prefers to be referred to as 'Star'."

"'Kay."

The barbecue pit was on Commute Road and en route to Sariska's apartment, so Sariska had the convenience of reaching Blue Avalon to drop Aurora off when she needed to. When the group exited the vehicle and made their way for the restaurant, a familiar face would greet them.

"Hello, Star!" Mishka the Beastfolke waved. "Mishka see Star bring friends! Movie make Star famous already? Have Star and friends come to eat? Take coupon! Customer get first meal for free!" Mishka eagerly handed each of the girls a coupon, and stretched his arm out towards the door. "Go on in, Alonzo is waiting!"

The inside of the building looked to be modeled after an old-fashioned saloon. A wheelbarrow stocked with bushels of hay was leaning against a wall, while a mounted cow skull was hung above it. There were many framed pictures of customers that were taken and placed under a sign that said "Steak Challenge Wall of Fame". Behind the grill was a man who somewhat resembled Eric, and he was in the middle of slicing up portions for the customers in front of him. "Y'all enjoy now," he said, serving them their plates and moving his attention on to Sariska and her friends.

"Well, what have we here?" he said. "Ladies' night out, I'm assumin'? I don't reckon' I've seen your faces here before, which means I am behooved to give you purdy young fillies a free meal. Why don't y'all step right up and tell yours truly, the honored Alonzo Lanfield, what y'all would like?"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:31 pm

"Mishka, it's good to see you again," Sariska said as she took the coupon. "Thanks big guy. I'll have to take advantage of this."

"Ooh, look at the big muscled kitty. Mmm, I wonder if he'll let me ride on his shoulders." Chloe whispered and giggled behind Sariska's back.

"Stop that, you're being rude."

"Hey." Chloe winked at Mishka. "Maybe I'll see you around, big boy."

Sariska pulled Chloe inside, where they were greeted with the smell of cooked beef. It hung in the air like smoke and warmed their lungs. This place was the real deal, Sariska thought when they were greeted by a man who looked like Eric. An older version of Eric.

"Wait, Lanfield?" Chloe said. She put her hand up to her chin, lowered her brow and put on a smirk. The look she always got when she was putting two-and-two together and coming up with something that usually meant bad things for poor Sariska. "Strong jaw, tall, dark, handsome... and that accent. Mmm, from the wear on your hands I'd put you in your fifties- no, late forties."

"Chloe, can you stop analyzing?" Sariska said, "We don't want to hold up his business."

"Why? He seems like a chatty guy. I'm a people person, you know. Besides, you should know the Lanfield family if you ever plan on ma-"

"OKAY THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT!" Sariska covered Chloe's mouth before she could get anything else out. She smiled at Alonzo. "Hi, um. Mr. Lanfield, do you have a son called Eric?"

Chloe slipped out of Sariska's hands. "If you do she's dating him!" She said, pointing to Sariska.

"Chloe!"
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Daniel eyed the different taps as Raul pointed them out, but he was eventually given a recommendation. What came out of the tap, though, definitely didn't seem like beer. He made an attempt to not frown, though he wasn't sure if he succeeded. Raul slid the drink towards Daniel, offering it on the house. Getting a closer look at it, the drink decidedly smelled like mouthwash. "Hey, thanks." He took the mug in hand and nodded before swigging a mouthful. Yup, mouthwash, but it wasn't quite as harsh, even a bit sweeter. Oh well, if it'd help him with the edge he'd built up earlier, he'd take it.

"Laughing Moon, you say. Don't think I've had this before, but I've seen cans around. Tastes alright." Daniel set down the mug back on the counter and looked at Raul. "Truth be told, Mia brought me to Yisten, but from the looks of things, I don't think she'll have anything of me." He looked back towards the back door that Mia exited from to let off some steam. "Everything alright? She seemed fine when she was heading to work." This was a dangerous game that Daniel was playing, but what did he have to lose?
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:17 pm

{Daniel}

"Mia, huh?" Raul said, busying himself with cleaning mugs. "Good to see the girl's makin' more friends. She generally has a hard time talkin' to people outside work - especially guys around her age, so either there's somethin' she sees in ya... or you might not have any sexual appeal to her at all! Bahahahaha!" The owner of the bar had himself a good, hearty chuckle before he settled down. "Relax, friend, I'm only foolin'. Truth is, the girl just made a commitment to quit smokin', and now she hasn't quite found a non-destructive outlet for her stress. She's probably out back yellin' her head off. Listen real close and you can probably hear it." Raul lowered the volume on the jukebox and waited for a moment.

"FUCKING STUPID WHORE," Mia's voice faintly rang from the other side of the door. "IF THAT FAT BITCH SHOWS HER UGLY FACE HERE AGAIN, I'LL STICK HER LIKE A PIG WITH A RAILROAD SPIKE-" Raul turned the volume back up again.

"Yeah, there it is," he said nonchalantly. "Apparently, to add to her stress, her twin sister is coming to town pretty soon. I never really asked, because it ain't my business to pry, but I'm keen enough to know is that there's some bad history between the two. She doesn't really like talkin' about it, so I just show my support by lettin' her know I'll always be around to lend an ear if and when she ever does feel like gettin' something off her chest." The handle on the door in the back twisted, and Mia walked back into the bar. She joined Raul at the counter. "Feelin' better, kid?" Raul asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Mia assured, her voice now calm. "Thanks for covering, Raul. I got it from here."

"Alright then, Mia," he returned with a relieved smile. "You need anything else, I'll be in my office." Raul tossed the rag he was carrying over his shoulder and disappeared up the stairs, but not without giving Daniel a proper farewell. "Nice chattin' with ya, friend." Mia would then face Daniel.

"Hey, what's up? Never thought you'd give this place a try."
---

{Sariska}

Alonzo could only laugh as he watched the back and forth between Sariska and her sister. Then came the question of whether or not he was related to Eric. Alonzo stopped what he was doing and paused before he spoke. "Now, ain't that interestin'?" he said, beginning to cut up a link of sausages. "Did y'all know that y'all ain't the first to ask about my boy Eric today? Startin' to make me wonder... did somethin' happen to the young buck? He ain't all done sommin' stupid and got 'imself killed, did he?" It took a while before what Chloe said had registered to Alonzo. "Wait a darn minute... did you say y'all were datin'? Ha ha! Y'all had me up and scared there, phew. Well, well, didn't know my boy had a taste for the city girls - but he picked a good'un. Next time you see 'im, do me a favor and tell him to stop by so I can congratulate him."

"My apologies," Alonzo went on. "All y'all's legs are gonna be gettin' tired just standin' around and hearin' me yap all night. Why don't you fine ladies tell me what y'all are hankerin' to eat, so you can take a seat. We men of the Lanfield family do not like to keep a lady waitin'."

"Steak!" Sicily exclaimed, her face almost pressed against the glass and nearly drooling all over it. "I want steak! And I want it rare, bloody rare."

"One red cow, comin' up," Alonzo acknowledged, slapping a slab of beef on the grill. Sicily became excited as she heard it sizzle.

"Ohohohohohoho yiiiiiiiiissssssss."

Alicia looked around at the selection for a good minute before making up her mind. "Well if these coupons are only good for a first visit, I don't want to be wasteful," she said. "But I already ate. So, can I just get some chicken to go?"

"No problem, ma'am," Alonzo smiled. He prepared a sheet of tin foil and a plastic box. "I'll wrap that rotisserie bird right up for you."

Aurora then pointed at her choice. "I'll have the smoked brisket."

"Fine choice for the fancy lady," Alonzo went on. "What about you two? Don't be shy. If you're Eric's lady friend, I'm sure this'll be like gettin' a little taste of the family recipe. Yes ma'am, our meat just can't be beat." Laughter uproared throughout the entire restaurant. "ALRIGHT, NEXT ONE OF YOU THAT EVEN LETS OUT A HOOT AND I'M TAKIN' OUT THE PEACEMAKER. I AIN'T PLAYIN' AROUND NO MORE!"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:51 pm

"Eric is doing fine," Sariska said. "I saw him earlier today, actually. He's a big help, though he does get in trouble with his boss sometimes. I don't think you have anything to worry about." For now, anyway.

Chloe will never let her off on this, so Sariska released her sister as the others started making their orders. Chloe glanced to Sariska for a moment before deciding it would be her turn. "I'm the girl with the most class in this group," Chloe said. Sariska let out a snort of laughter, making Chloe glare back at her for a moment. "I want only a nice, juicy filet mignon. And of course the only way to cook it - medium-rare."

Sariska shook her head and smiled at Alonzo. "Short ribs for me, please," she said. "Use the spiciest stuff you got. Seasoning, barbecue sauce, all of it. And I'll make sure Eric gets your message tonight, Mr. Lanfield."

"Think calling him 'dad' would make him freak out?" Chloe whispered. Sariska did her best to ignore her sister's giggling.
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:22 pm

"Or you might not have any sexual appeal at all!"

Holy shit, as if his self-esteem weren't low enough, what was probably just an innocent jab by the barkeep really dug deep into Daniel's gut. He chose not to say anything in response. Daniel winced when he heard Mia shout things he had never heard her say about anyone before. Was this the same woman that lived across from him? Certainly it couldn't be... "Yeah, I could understand how hard that must be for her. I just hope that she doesn't hurt herself or anyone else when she's venting." Then Raul mentioned a twin sister. So the rumors on the boards were true? He chose not to press about it since Mia opened the back door and came back behind the counter.

The two employees exchanged places, and Raul left. Daniel nodded after the man and sipped his mouthwash. "Well," Daniel began when Mia asked about it, "I saw a thread on the Exaboards about this place when I was on my lunch break today. Seeing you when I got home reminded me that this place existed." He took a look around the establishment, trying to comprehend how it fit in the middle of the Yisten District when it was just so... unextravagant, for lack of a better word. "Gotta say, though, this place wasn't very easy to find. Not as if it's like other places in the district that put themselves out there. I decided I'd come by here and see what all the fuss was about." He avoided poking his nose where it wasn't wanted. It was probably safer that way.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:41 pm

{Daniel}

"Someone posted about this place on Exaboards, huh?" Mia clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth. "Hope there isn't people already talking shit about me... not that I care. I only hop on the Exaboards to shitpost and upload memes anyway." She glanced down at the glass Daniel was drinking from. "Laughing Moon, huh? Yeah... you seem like the kind of guy that would enjoy that. It's alright, but just between you and me I think the company just mixes booze and mouthwash together. I like Tiger Stripes, it's got a real kick to it. Some good shit right there." Daniel brought up a point on how inapt the Ivory Palace was compared to the rest of the district. Mia only shrugged.

"Raul said he wanted a joint that was meant for everyone, well, of drinking age of course. So the Ivory Palace is pretty much dressed down to look like your average blue collar bar. As for the location, leasing space in Yisten is pretty limited, and this was the best spot Raul could get. Lot of people who post about this place see it as a novelty and feel like they're part of an inside circle just by knowing about this place. That's why people keep calling this place a 'hipster bar.' I never really cared for the term, personally." She would wait until Daniel finished his glass of Laughing Moon before she spoke again.

"Can I getcha anything else while you're here?"
---

{Sariska}

"One dainty fillet for the dainty filly," Alonzo nodded at Chloe, preparing her dish and then moving onto Sariska. "And for my boy's lady friend, one order of the 'Outlaw's Ribs.'" The short ribs were drenched in a homemade hickory barbecue sauce, powdered onto with ground up cayenne pepper, and then layered over with a red paste before the plate was given to Sariska. "The water tap is over yonder by the tea dispenser," Alonzo pointed out to the corner with his cleaver. "It'll be there if you need it."

The girls took their plates and trays down to a table and got seated. Alicia would be the one to start up a conversation while they ate. "So... we still need to discuss what we're going to name the band, right?" Sicily was already tearing into her steak violently, making barbaric sucking noises and talking in between bites.

"I think... hiss... we should... hiss... go with something... hiss.... that sounds real punk rock and grungy... hiss... Oh man, that's good. Why don't we call ourselves something badass and controversial... like the 'Rancid Vaginas?'"

"We are not calling ourselves the 'Rancid Vaginas,'" Alicia protested, giving Sicily an annoyed glare. While Sicily devoured her steak like a wild tiger, Aurora sat beside her, minding to herself. The intern took her time cutting the brisket that Alonzo had already sliced into smaller, neater slices before eating them.

"What about 'Cuntpunchers of The Bronze Age?'"

"No!"

"You're not giving me a lot to work with here."

"What about you, Aurora? Do you have any ideas that aren't so gross?"

Aurora looked up and placed her fork between her lips as she pondered. "Well, since Miss Star is going to be the lead of the band... I was thinking something along the lines of 'Starstruck.'"

"'Star's Truck?' We drove up here in a fuckin' Prius. Who the hell said anything about a truck?"

"She meant starstruck. One word. Like, struck by stars. I like it. We could go with that."

"You sure? I think we're passing on a golden opportunity if we don't use 'Cuntpunchers of The Bronze Age.'"
Vergil
Vergil
Void Sleeper
Void Sleeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerifachias Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:24 pm

"Did he just call me frilly?" Chloe whispered as Sariska took her turn to giggle. They took to the tables with their food and sat about eating. Chloe picked at the fillet with her fork, testing the waters before chowing down. "Oh man, this is the best shit I've had in years. Ooooh, what if Eric can cook like this?" Chloe's eyes went big. "Star, what if Eric can cook like this? Doyaknow how awesome it would be to eat beef this tender and juicy for goddamn free? Well, with a few favors from you."

"Chloe, don't be gross at the table," Sariska said, just as 'Rancid Vaginas' came up. Sariska pursed her lips and hung her head in defeat for a moment. Then 'Cuntpunchers of the Bronze Age.' This Sicily girl really had quite the mouth. She was worse than Kenneth. "I know a boy who would have liked you, Sicily." Sariska said.

"Starstruck, though." Chloe wiggled her eyebrows. "Tha's pre'y goo' y'know?"

"Chloe, don't talk with your mouth full."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Sorry mom."

Sariska took a bite of her short ribs after they had cooled down a little. The spice touched her tongue first and she shivered. She took a few more bites before washing it all down with a sip. "I think Starstruck could work well. Maybe someone will recognize me from my old band." Sariska took out her phone and flicked through it for a bit before placing it face-down on the table. "This is what we have to contend with, by the way. Tammy was the lead singer and I was her backup."

Music: Reason

"She and I have different styles and she was the lead," Sariska said. "So we followed her style and played what she wanted to play. We had a keyboardist then too, Paige, and I'd like to find one for us but I don't think we'll have the time to before Friday."
Zerifachias
Zerifachias
Totes-Mcgoats
Totes-Mcgoats

Back to top Go down

Post by Gist Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:02 am

"Yeah, I noticed it when I went to get a bite to eat earlier today, and I figured I'd want to try it for myself. Laughing Moon, though, isn't my kind of thing. Not sure why I look like I'd like it, but what can I do? The stuff tastes like watered down mouthwash if you ask me." Mia then explained that it was probably some light booze mixed with mouthwash. Daniel rolled his eyes. "Yup, that'd probably explain it." Mia recommended Tiger Stripes to him, and he couldn't have been more eager to try something that wasn't watered-down mouthwash.

Apparently, Raul had chosen this space because there wasn't anywhere else to go. Given the premium real estate was at in Yisten, it was understandable that the first empty space would probably be the best space to house this hipster bar. Of course, if they were known for selling diluted mouthwash, it was no wonder why they weren't widely known. Why did Mia work here of all places? Surely there were better out there. "How much for a pint of the Tiger Stripes? I don't think I can take this much longer." He pushed the mostly finished mug of blue liquid that tried to pass for alcohol away.
Gist
Gist
Full Eight Hours
Full Eight Hours

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next